PlanSource

PlanSource

PlanSource is a multi-carrier benefits administration platform that supports benefits programs including both defined contribution and defined benefit models.

Work for PlanSource?

Learning about PlanSource?

PlanSource Reviews

Ask PlanSource a Question
Showing 61 PlanSource reviews
PlanSource review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"Just keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The user interface is really one of the most attractive pieces of PlanSource. I also appreciate the continuous updates to the system, and the best part is they're FREE!

What do you dislike?

I wish report writing had a little more reach. I was specifically recently asking if there was a way to upload employee's subscriber ID numbers for their medical, dental, vision etc. plans. The system also doesn't have a field for an ITN number only social, or maybe a field for employee photo. Overal it's a good system but more custom fields would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth a try.

There was a time when PlanSource was not extremely effective in the implementation process, and there were endless technical headaches with the system. I can happily say now that so much of that has turned around with the restructuring their customer service department and whatever behind the scene changes occurred to completely eliminate this problem. Last OE we implemented a new carrier and the transition was seamless.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PlanSource
PlanSource review by Kelly B.
Kelly B.

"No more paper enrollments! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact I don't have to go through mounds and mounds of paper enrollments for 500 employees, 4 companies, missing information, can't read writing,etc.. Seeing everything the employee enrolled in on one page! Being able to update beneficiary info and showing life events, especially if employee wants to have a copy, all the term dates, new enrolled dates, dependent info, everything is there. I like being able to see what the employee elected and declined the previous year in the same page. That way you can compare coverages from this year and last year, what volume they had and if they increased or decreased life insurance volume. If they declined in one coverage one year but elected it the next year or had a dependant on a plan one year and opted not to another year.

What do you dislike?

If an employee is a re-hire it at times holds their previous info and at a quick glance looks like they did their enrollment when really it is terminated. Also when a re-hire errors out of an import and you have to manually update all of their info and re-hire them or they don't upload. I don't like that Life Events sit pending until approved, but I do like in the home screen it shows there is a life even pending. I have at times run into a report not showing a payroll deduction that should be showing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Plan Source to others and believe it to be a great source for benefits. Reviews are always a great source! No more paper enrollments. Everything is at your fingertips, so much easier and better!

No business problems. N/A

What Benefits Administration solution do you use?

PlanSource review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Long Term PlanSource Client"

What do you like best?

The system is user friendly and is a one stop shop for all of our payroll and HR needs. Their technology eases the administration on our staff and allows integration between payroll and benefits to simplify all of our processes. We utilize their payroll system, benefits and ACA administration, onboarding, and time keeping system. PlanSource's customer service is above and beyond as well.

What do you dislike?

I have always been happy with the service I have received, however, there is always room for improvement. I do think their business intelligence reporting could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PlanSource offers a very high level of customer service.

We have been with PlanSource for over 7 years so the benefits we have received from them have been ongoing for many years. They have been able to help us with incredible amounts of growth into so many new states. Their benefits platform has been a must have for us given our employee population is scattered across the country. Employees can not only enroll but also receive education on the benefit offerings. Most recently their ACA reporting feature has made filing very simplified.

PlanSource review by Administrator

"PlanSource: good and getting even better"

What do you like best?

PlanSource keeps investing in technology and advancement to offer their clients more services and options.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, with all of the advancing technology, it feels like they're a little understaffed during peak times like open enrollment. Year-round the responses are fine, but in 4th quarter, there are sometimes delays and mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PlanSource is committed to internal investment in technology. I've seen a great deal of advancement from them in the last couple of years, and their roadmap of improvements is impressive and definitely pointed in the right direction.

We have a vast, remote workforce with high turnover, and we use PlanSource to communicate benefits information year-round and to administer a secure Open Enrollment environment. The security of our system has been solid, which is paramount these days. We also enjoy the ability to store plan documents on the system, and we've taken great advantage of the educational video content PlanSource offers.

PlanSource review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"PlanSource is on the leading edge of HCM and Benefit technology"

What do you like best?

My company and PlanSource are longtime partners in business. Not only does PS provide great tools for businesses and HR professionals, but they also follow it up with their support teams.

What do you dislike?

There are not to many things I can say I dislike. Since they are always evolving their benefits and HCM technology, there are one off situations where report calculations be skewed or a specific piece of a platform is not active and working. This issues are typically resolved by the PS team promptly.

Being a long time partner with PlanSource, we have been somewhat of a guinea pig for many of the products they now offer. Seeing some of the tools from first use to the final and delivered product is impressive.

PlanSource review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"Employees seem to love it; HR does not"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that we can administer almost all of our benefits from one location and avoid collecting paper enrollment forms. The website is user friendly for employees going through the enrollment process. And the file feeds directly to the carriers are useful.

What do you dislike?

We do not have a dedicated PlanSource Representative as a point of contact to whom we can escalate issues and who gets to know our company and our unique needs. We have worked with PlanSource for 5 years and every medical Open Enrollment is painful, being assigned different Open Enrollment specialists every year and running into some of the same issues year over year. This year's Open Enrollment contact was unresponsive, had no sense of urgency, was not correcting the errors discovered during testing and after employees went through the enrollment process in a timely manner, and was even asking us to just work through issues she could not figure out how to resolve. Ridiculous!!

The business problem solved with PlanSource was the option to administer all of our benefits (except 401(k)) online through 1 website! I appreciate the file feeds they have directly to the carriers, eliminating the collection of enrollment forms and subsequent manual data entry on carrier websites to get employees enrolled or make changes. The time saved for my department with regard to day-to-day administration was helpful.

PlanSource review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Great for employees; Okay for administrators, could be improved."

What do you like best?

PlanSource has been user friendly and easy to use for our employees -- when signing up for benefits or going through Open Enrollment. It's easy for them to use and understand and make choices for their coverage while understanding the cost and plans. When we've been able to set up data feeds to our benefits providers, they work well and reliably, and it makes the enrollment process seamless for our HR team.

What do you dislike?

The administrator side of the site is easy to use when you know what you're looking for, but it's not always easy to understand and navigate features that I'm not familiar with. (It's not very intuitive.) Also, the process of setting up feeds to our carriers is a long and difficult one. It has consistently taken months from the establishment of the new provider to when the feeds are working consistently and reliably...in the meantime, it's difficult, time-consuming and confusing trying to keep enrollments correct across carrier platforms. Also, the ACA reporting has improved a lot over the years, but there are still a lot of errors in forms that have to be manually corrected, and often, the customer service folks are not fully versed in how or why the forms populate the way they do (doesn't seem like anyone understands how/where the information in the forms is pulling from). Lastly, once an employee changes coverage, there's no way to access the history of their past coverage, and that would be very valuable info to be able to capture -- the history of each employee's coverage.

It's a clearinghouse for everything related to our benefits and it's the only tool we have that tracks benefits enrollments and changes company-wide. It's also the tool we use for ACA reporting.

PlanSource review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"PlanSource Benefit Administration "

What do you like best?

PlanSource is a best in class benefit administration

The team at PlanSource allows us to be demanding partners and achieve our strategic goals

Shout out to Ultimate Software and the near real time connection with PlanSource allowing us the best of both worlds!

What do you dislike?

As with any system there have been technological issues we've had to work through. Our organization has some pretty complicated configuration but PlanSource has supported us with it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework, no matter what system - be a demanding partner and communicate your needs before, during and after.

Providing our employees with an automated solution that integrates with our payroll system to reduce (and eventually eliminate) manual data entry errors & increase time to apply to the other areas of our job that we did not have time for previously

PlanSource review by Administrator

"Good products with a few quirks"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about PlanSource is the interaction with the carriers and how easy it is for employees to log-in and make changes. The interaction w/ most of the workers has been pleasant as well.

What do you dislike?

The billing - The price is very fair however, they way they bill you creates extra work for the ones who have to keep track of it. Also, when going "live" make sure it is immediate as while they are building your site, they are charging you your monthly fees on top of the implementation fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

see comments above on the billing aspect.

Also, go first of the year and make sure your contract does charge you before the product is active.

solving the issues of having to upload benefits to multiple carriers. This is generally a one stop shop.

PlanSource review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Implementing our benefit platform with Plan Source"

What do you like best?

We moved our benefit platform out of another vendor's system into Plan Sources system recently. The team at Plan Source provided quick feedback and excellent knowledge to make the integration very smooth. I have worked with past vendors and once a project is complete and implemented then they stop helping you. That is not the case with Plan Source. Plan Source has a great team of employees that are knowledgeable in all subjects. They are always willing to help solve a problem or make an improvement and in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend Plan Source.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! Plan Source does an excellent job!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend Plan Source to others.

Our benefit system was implemented into Plan Source system as we were not happy with another system. We were very happy with the switch.

PlanSource review by Kathy H.
Kathy H.

"Manager-HRIS and Total Rewards"

What do you like best?

The application is user-friendly for Administrators and end users (employees).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like how not only PlanSource is the centralized system to hold our data, but also, the system helps track our ACA requirement and can produce the 1095 forms.

We have all the data in one centralized system. The data in PlanSource are sent to all our carriers. It makes it easy to look into one system and resolve any issues as needed. In addition, it is easy for our employees to enroll into their benefits.

PlanSource review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"PlanSource helps us with our onboarding process"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy Plansource is to use. It prevents me from logging into multiple websites or accounts to see all of my work related information. I can access my time off, benefits, past records, employment history, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish the site was more user friendly. While the tool is great and I enjoy Plansource, the site is not the most intuitive to navigate. It took some learning for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you figure out where to find everything, it is great having all of your information in one place. The website, however, is hard to navigate when you first adapt it.

Plansource has helped our HR team onboard new employees with ease, and likewise, it has helped current employees access all of their important work related information all in one spot.

PlanSource review by Kelly  M.
Kelly M.

"Survey"

What do you like best?

I like that Plansource offers many different HR functions all in one system. It's helpful for the candidate beginning their career at NOIC all the way after they are no longer an employee.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not keep connections witht he other systems correctly. For example Last names will not be changed on other websites, or positions, feeds are incorrect to certain vendors. I feel like we have more system errors than necessary.

Business problems just in system errors and direct report errors. If an employee gets terminated there is not one method to remove direct reports, it seems like we have to manually check multiple locations to remove the attachment from the terminated employee. Benefit, having multiple areas available for employees in one system.

PlanSource review by Debra M.
Debra M.

"Always understands my needs"

What do you like best?

I'm most happy with the ease of the Renewal Wizard.

The process is so simple and easy to understand. You can complete your Renewal in a minimal amount of time without little to no additional help.

What do you dislike?

I think the ACA process can be improved upon. The tab for that particular function is somewhat confusing to me . Every year I have to have some added support from Plan Source . I feel if the tabs were more interactive, you might have a better understanding of the process as a whole.

Plan Source is working on a problem with how the salaries of our employees are uploaded. We haven't realized the benefits just yet as it is still being worked on.

PlanSource review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Great, personable service"

What do you like best?

Whenever there is an issue I get great service and typically several responses same day. During a larger issues I had several team members of various ranks reach out and assist me until we were able to resolve the conflict.

What do you dislike?

Sales team is sometimes hard to get a hold of and there are often billing issues that need to be resolved.

No more paper apps, being able to offer client several lines of coverage that can all be housed under one roof.

PlanSource review by Jaime D.
Jaime D.

"Very difficult to navigate menus"

What do you like best?

Can search for an employee easily. I don't have any other positives.

What do you dislike?

Cannot add, term, or update dependents easily. Menus are very hard to navigate, and there are rules around when and how you can do something, making going back to fix things very hard. Also can't do billing, or order ID cards from this site, so logging into multiple sites to do things is not very efficient. And we have a feed that goes from our internal database to Anthem, yet we still have to log in to update plan source on any changes, so whats the point of the auto feed?!

None, its redundant work.

"PlanSource is AMAZING!!!"

What do you like best?

The PlanSource website is very easy to use, both from an employee and an administrator viewpoint. The videos that are available provide great explanations of benefits terms for those who are not benefits savvy. The best thing about PlanSource, however, is the people! They are so helpful, from implementation all the way through to day-to-day support once your portal is up and running. We had previously been using another system that was not very user friendly and the support for the system was not very helpful either.

What do you dislike?

I'm not very patient, so I'd like to see my new employees be able to complete their benefits enrollments immediately upon being entered into the portal, but if that's the worst thing I have to say about the system I'm going to call that a win!

Recommendations to others considering the product

PlanSource is the third benefits portal I have used in my career and is by far the most user friendly, but the people at PlanSource are really what makes the system the best!

The benefits enrollments process is so streamlined now! We have employees all over the country so it's terribly convenient that they can handle their enrollments online. The enrollment feeds directly to the carriers save so much time too!

PlanSource review by Melanie G.
Melanie G.

"Good System!"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. Good home page and relatively intutitive

What do you dislike?

Fields in the "hire an employee" are too cumbersome. The home page looks great, but the system is too "squished" on the second page.

Easy to navigate for our employees and gives them the ability to sign in themselves to make their own selection for benefits plans vs. a paper based form which opens up the process to errors.

PlanSource review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"The Chat Box"

What do you like best?

I love that I can toggle between chatting & troubleshooting and working in other platforms when I need assistance with a record in PlanSource. I also enjoy not being tied to problem solving over the phone when trying to be discreet regarding an issue.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight wait for a specialist to become available, but when they are assigned to help you, they complete the request thoroughly and follow up promptly.

Comprehensive history of benefits that any employee was eligible for or elected. The service team available to ensure records are correct are a great asset.

PlanSource review by Kristy  D.
Kristy D.

"Convenient and Easy"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that I can log in from home, work, vacation, on my phone or anywhere I can get an internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is cumbersome sometimes - however, I have noticed that it is getting much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it uploads with the carriers you are using for your benefits.

We use it for our online benefit enrollment - for all of our benefit needs.

PlanSource review by Kelly G.
Kelly G.

"KG Review"

What do you like best?

How user-friendly the system is and how easy is to navigate. Also, i enjoy the customer service: Jasmine, Chris, Yasmar, Janais are the people I have the most contact with and they are phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

i think the benefits can be confusion sometimes. When adding a new life event. I always call suport for help.

Document acknowledgement - payroll - PTO - reports

PlanSource review by Tammi M.
Tammi M.

"PlanSource has made Open Enrollment almost fun!"

What do you like best?

We have been utilizing PlanSource for over 5 years. Prior to that, I would get lost in paperwork. Using the benefits platform has taken all that paperwork away. Making open enrollment so easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes other carriers have a difficult processing certain requests. PlanSource is always willing to do everything they can to work with the carriers, but the carriers sometimes do not work well in return.

It all flows so much smoother! Open enrollment, life change events, and new hire enrollment... All without paper. It saves time, energy, and file space!

PlanSource review by Jhoel M.
Jhoel M.

"Control en el departamento RRHH"

What do you like best?

Este programa es muy interesante para la planificación del área de talento humano. Lo empleamos para nuestra planta y nos ofrece varias ventajas que otros no tienen.

El manejo del tiempo en el recurso humano es de vital importancia, PLANSOURCE nos ha ayudado en conseguir objetivos.

What do you dislike?

Como lo menciono arriba es un programa novedoso y moderno, estamos aplicando sus modulos.

En nuestro caso estamos trabajando en la implementacion al área de almacén y esperamos resultados.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sus reportes son de facil uso y contienen amplia informacion

Planificacion de todo el personal de planta.

PlanSource review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"PlanSource benefits administration software review"

What do you like best?

They continue to improve the software with frequent releases/updates (4 per year). Very good service. Employees seem to be passionate about delivering a great product and service to us and our employees.

What do you dislike?

Initial integration was a little bumpy, but we were partially responsible for that at my company.

Helped us move from paper based benefits enrollment to a modern, online platform. Has helped us comply with the ACA, submit 1095 and 1094 forms, etc. Better experience for our employees when enrolling in benefits.

PlanSource review by natasha v.
natasha v.

"Satisfied with PlanSource"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and navigate. The trainings they conducted were very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble with people getting back to me via email although the hotline number has proven very helpful.

We've saved time and paper. Plus it keeps everything organized.

PlanSource review by David B.
David B.

"PlanSource is a total disaster."

What do you like best?

The online interface is easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

In 2015, PlanSource failed to enroll our entire workforce in new plan year benefits due to employee quitting and abandoning our account. When employees started calling because their doctors and dentists were telling them they had no coverage, PlanSource took four months to fix the problem. 2-3 weeks would go by without a response from their customer service group. Our case was "escalated" and the Account Manager and VP assigned to us were unbelievably ineffective and incompetent. In 30 years of HR administration this was by far the worst experience I've had with any HRIS system or consulting company. In the subsequent year they cancelled everyone's dental insurance! We have been with them of 1 1/2 years and are just waiting for our contract to expire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another system.

This has not served any business problems. It has take a process that used to take 5-10 hours and turned in into a mind-numbing, labor-intensive, demoralizing exercise that takes 40--60 hours.

PlanSource review by Cliff S.
Cliff S.

"Like pulling teeth to get things started with them....."

What do you like best?

The user interface is awesome, never an employee complaint.

What do you dislike?

Any time there is a change, request for a report, or adding a new vendor feed it takes forever! They can turn around the quote on the "programming" hyper-quick....but don't expect a finished work product for 2 to 3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is slick from an end user perspective, but miserable from an administration view point.

It makes signing up for benefits very easy.

PlanSource review by Angelique  H.
Angelique H.

"Easy to use portal "

What do you like best?

I've only been an end user of this software, but in speaking with former HR managers, it is just as easy to use on the front end

What do you dislike?

In comparison to other payroll or benefits provider portals, nothing!

It's super easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say compare it to your seperate payroll and benefits end user software.. You'll be pleasantly surprised

It's collaborative in nature - for large or small companies - its a one stop shop

PlanSource review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Plansource HRIS Review"

What do you like best?

Systme layout and accessibility. User friendly.

What do you dislike?

Issues with implementation and initial setup that are still trying to be corrected.

Applicant Tracking and Onboarding have drastically decreased in our time volume.

PlanSource review by Ron S.
Ron S.

"Looking for smallbusiness benefits administration platform"

What do you like best?

PlanSource can manage all of my employee benefits needs, and I can manage them on my end all from their mobile website

What do you dislike?

Right now nothing; I’m still learning the capabilities and functions of the website

Looking for health coverage benefits form my small benefits and my goal is to find one stop shopping. On the sirface it looks as if PlanSource can cover all of my needs.

PlanSource review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"Plansource was easy to use and made the job a bit less stressful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use software. Great for hr data.

What do you dislike?

Automatically logs you out when you are using it at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find someone that can guide you through using it the first time.

Keeping track and data. It is very easy to find what you have stored and it is user friendly even for rookie users. Not much of a learning curve to pick it up.

PlanSource review by Mila P.
Mila P.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very user friendly. Running reports is easy and CS is great!

What do you dislike?

Outdated system, user interface can be updated

ACA

PlanSource review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Learning process"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting features the best, I am able to customize them and get very detailed reports.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the payroll deduction file, only because we are so unique and had to come up with a custom file that we still have trouble with.

ACA services, Cobra reporting and adding deductions with an import vs manually adding them.

PlanSource review by Teresa A. B.
Teresa A. B.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

Plan Source has saved me countless hours by integrating with so many of our benefit carriers I highly recommend! It is so easy that any one can learn and the self service portal for employees is a god-send.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - everything is great about this product. Implementation was easy, open enrollment of benefit elections is so much easier and record-keeping is very much appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! You will find this product is easy to use and well worth the benefits.

Time constrains and human errors. Time savings and self service. The cost of the product is low compared to the benefits of using the software.

PlanSource review by Administrator

"Functionality is good, layout could be more streamlined "

What do you like best?

The ACA compliance portion of the system is well-thought out.

What do you dislike?

The navigation of the site overall, is not very user friendly. There are many, many links and tabs on the homepage making it nearly impossible to get to what you need.

Benefits enrollment, FSA management, ACA compliance. Benefits realized thus far are being able to easily pull a report.

PlanSource review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"PlanSource Review"

What do you like best?

The capability of being able to create reports on your own. The platform is user friendly and allows the employer to complete a lot of information on their own.

What do you dislike?

I have heard that it is confusing to employees to use, so it may not be as user friendly/clear on their end.

Running various employee and financial reports.

PlanSource review by Administrator

"Good looking software - frustrating customer service"

What do you like best?

I like the software. It is easy to navigate on the admin side.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is difficult at times.. They are not fast to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they are trying to fix the customer service issue but beware of the promises. They are not there yet.

Benefit Administration. More time for other projects.

PlanSource review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Plan Source gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

User friendly and easy of navigation. It flows right from on plan to the next seamlessly. I like having immediate access to make changes. I like the document library and having access to benefit plan documents.

What do you dislike?

When employee status changes some times the system will prompt employees to complete an EOI.

efficiency. Minimal work for Employer

PlanSource review by Debbie W.
Debbie W.

"Sr Benefits Manager"

What do you like best?

Ease of use- site is intuitive for employees

What do you dislike?

I would like better reporting and be able to set my own dates. Past 30 days, 60 days, etc., is not good enough for me. I like to use specific dates.

Invoice and billing reconciliations; enrollments, terminations.- less administrative work for Benefits Team.

PlanSource review by Administrator

"PlanSource provides great customer service and solves problems quickly."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the team of employees who are assigned to our district. They are friendly and knowledgeable about our files and can quickly work to solve issues.

What do you dislike?

I can truly say that any issues I have had while using PlanSource my team of representatives have helped me solve in a timely manner. I have no problems to list here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

They manage our employee's premium payments for insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical illness, term life insurance, disability, accident, and legal services that involve four insurance companies billing.

PlanSource review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"A great program for time clock, w2, etc"

What do you like best?

Access to tax information. Ease of use. Simple software. Clock in clock out view pay stubs view time view breaks. View pto.

What do you dislike?

Clocking in takes a couple of minutes. There isn’t much to dislike. It’s a great software.

Clocking in employees and giving them access to their benefits, PTO, w2, etc

PlanSource review by Flor B.
Flor B.

"Learning curve."

What do you like best?

The audits, the system is really good about auditing all of our employer data.

What do you dislike?

Not very conducive to plans that are not part of the calendar year, it confuses our employees with things like HSA/FSA.

Our employees can elect benefits and update any life events.

"Human Resources"

What do you like best?

That everything is under one platform for simplification.

What do you dislike?

Too many avenues for finding helpful material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Robust program, contained under one umbrella, but disappointed in the implementation process.

Time and Labor continues to have outstanding issues. The flow with one platform is great.

PlanSource review by User

"Straightforward Benefits Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand, to navigate. Plenty of places to include important documents, etc.

What do you dislike?

It could use a visual/layout update for aesthetic value -- looks to be about 3-4 years old. Kind of clunky interface.

Benefits administration and enrollment. Storage of benefits documents.

PlanSource review by Tracy A.
Tracy A.

"Great experience! "

What do you like best?

Plansource takes all the worries of setup and implementation off our the clients plate.

What do you dislike?

plansource has absolutely helped us with everything and completed all requests. Setup is time consuming, but that is part of the integration!

Time management

PlanSource review by maritza  a.
maritza a.

"benefits account manager "

What do you like best?

some representative know exactly what to do

What do you dislike?

some people are not as savvy as others and some take longer to help when we call in customer service

medical dental vision life.

PlanSource review by Administrator

"Human Resources Generalist - Benefits Administrator"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigating the system and the reporting tools

What do you dislike?

I think it would be helpful if there were a reminder of some sort to approve life events. Once the life event is created, sometimes I forget to go to the home page to approve it.

PlanSource is easier to use than carrier admin systems so it has reduced the time it takes to do enrollments and make changes.

PlanSource review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Inconsistent performance"

What do you like best?

navigation ease, single point of enrollment

What do you dislike?

poor support, lots of errors in implementation and annual updates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the implementation team captures your requirements

one stop benefit enrollment and automation

PlanSource review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Used for Insurance"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand. Walks you through all necessary steps

What do you dislike?

Plan details were downloadable but did not help me understand

Using to process insurance plans. Easy access and step by step

PlanSource review by Peggy M.
Peggy M.

"He director"

What do you like best?

Employee on line service Automated requests

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly. Hard to create reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

He thriurogh trainIng

Need better reporting

"Great system, efficient!"

What do you like best?

Very easy system to use, customer service excellent

What do you dislike?

Nothing too much, easy system to get around

Reporting for ACA

PlanSource review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"PlanSource is AMAZING"

What do you like best?

I love how you can add your Dental and Medical cards in the app!

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike the app. It is really great.

It is accessible or all staff members, and they can use it anywhere. It allows us to be more efficient as an organization. They can access their benefits through the app.

"Human Resources Coordinator"

What do you like best?

One stop shop for all HR and Group Benefit needs

What do you dislike?

Administration screen could be more user friendly and there shouldn't be so much daily/weekly/monthly reporting required by the Employer.

Open Enrollment was a nightmare. Way too many forms, this is much easier.

PlanSource review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Plansource is great"

What do you like best?

I really like plansource. It’s user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little better but nothing mmajor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out!

This is used for HR and benefits for the employees of the company.

"PlanSource"

What do you like best?

Customer support, personal touch, feels like PlanSource is part of our organization

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, I feel that PlanSource meets all of our current Ben Admin needs

Benefits enrollment efficiency. Ease of use for our employees.

PlanSource review by Administrator in Arts and Crafts
Administrator in Arts and Crafts

"PlanSource"

What do you like best?

What I like best about PlanSource is how easy this program is to use.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything about PlanSource.

I haven't realized any benefits yet with PlanSource because I just started using this program.

"Human Resource Manager"

What do you like best?

The platform and the ability to have payroll, benefits, COBRA, time-sheets etc all inter related.

What do you dislike?

The disconnect between those same departments in having everything run seamless.

Electronic system for HRIS, payroll, benefits, etc.

PlanSource review by Agency
Agency

"Plansource makes enrollment a breeze."

What do you like best?

Ease of use for both employees and the employers administrative staff

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Lead time needed to implement from the beginning was a bit long.

Easy employee enrollment

PlanSource review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Good benefits site - very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Tram Lozano and Kim Tapia are awesome account reps

What do you dislike?

programming is nor sophisticated enough to accommodate for our complex business model

employee enrollment. no paper forms

"PS Implementatin Review"

What do you like best?

All in one system with benefits is valuable

What do you dislike?

Effectiveness of the employees. They need better training

HR Management tool for supervisors

PlanSource review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"PlanSource Review "

What do you like best?

Customization, Benefits Selection, HR Onboarding

What do you dislike?

Cannot fully create the product ourselves

Employees can choose their own benefits online - by plus!

Learn more about PlanSource

PlanSource Videos

Learning about PlanSource?

* We monitor all PlanSource reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.