PlanSource

PlanSource

PlanSource is a multi-carrier benefits administration platform that supports benefits programs including both defined contribution and defined benefit models.

Work for PlanSource?

Learning about PlanSource?

PlanSource Reviews

Ask PlanSource a Question
Showing 56 PlanSource reviews
PlanSource review by <span>Jennifer F.</span>
Jennifer F.

Just keeps getting better

What do you like best?

The user interface is really one of the most attractive pieces of PlanSource. I also appreciate the continuous updates to the system, and the best part is they're FREE!

What do you dislike?

I wish report writing had a little more reach. I was specifically recently asking if there was a way to upload employee's subscriber ID numbers for their medical, dental, vision etc. plans. The system also doesn't have a field for an ITN number only social, or maybe a field for employee photo. Overal it's a good system but more custom fields would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth a try.

There was a time when PlanSource was not extremely effective in the implementation process, and there were endless technical headaches with the system. I can happily say now that so much of that has turned around with the restructuring their customer service department and whatever behind the scene changes occurred to completely eliminate this problem. Last OE we implemented a new carrier and the transition was seamless.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PlanSource
PlanSource review by <span>Kelly B.</span>
Kelly B.

All Benefits on one Benefits Summary page!

What do you like best?

Seeing everything the employee enrolled in on one page! Being able to update beneficiary info and showing life events, especially if employee wants to have a copy, all the term dates, new enrolled dates, dependent info, everything is there. I like being able to see what the employee elected and declined the previous year in the same page. That way you can compare coverages from this year and last year, what volume they had and if they increased or decreased life insurance volume. If they declined in one coverage one year but elected it the next year or had a dependant on a plan one year and opted not to another year.

What do you dislike?

If an employee is a re-hire it at times holds their previous info and at a quick glance looks like they did their enrollment when really it is terminated. Also when a re-hire errors out of an import and you have to manually update all of their info and re-hire them or they don't upload. I don't like that Life Events sit pending until approved, but I do like in the home screen it shows there is a life even pending. I have at times run into a report not showing a payroll deduction that should be showing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Plan Source to others and believe it to be a great source for benefits. Reviews are always a great source!

No business problems. N/A

What Benefits Administration solution do you use?

PlanSource review by <span>Susan C.</span>
Susan C.

Long Term PlanSource Client

What do you like best?

The system is user friendly and is a one stop shop for all of our payroll and HR needs. Their technology eases the administration on our staff and allows integration between payroll and benefits to simplify all of our processes. We utilize their payroll system, benefits and ACA administration, onboarding, and time keeping system. PlanSource's customer service is above and beyond as well.

What do you dislike?

I have always been happy with the service I have received, however, there is always room for improvement. I do think their business intelligence reporting could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PlanSource offers a very high level of customer service.

We have been with PlanSource for over 7 years so the benefits we have received from them have been ongoing for many years. They have been able to help us with incredible amounts of growth into so many new states. Their benefits platform has been a must have for us given our employee population is scattered across the country. Employees can not only enroll but also receive education on the benefit offerings. Most recently their ACA reporting feature has made filing very simplified.

PlanSource review by Administrator
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

PlanSource: good and getting even better

What do you like best?

PlanSource keeps investing in technology and advancement to offer their clients more services and options.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, with all of the advancing technology, it feels like they're a little understaffed during peak times like open enrollment. Year-round the responses are fine, but in 4th quarter, there are sometimes delays and mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PlanSource is committed to internal investment in technology. I've seen a great deal of advancement from them in the last couple of years, and their roadmap of improvements is impressive and definitely pointed in the right direction.

We have a vast, remote workforce with high turnover, and we use PlanSource to communicate benefits information year-round and to administer a secure Open Enrollment environment. The security of our system has been solid, which is paramount these days. We also enjoy the ability to store plan documents on the system, and we've taken great advantage of the educational video content PlanSource offers.

PlanSource review by <span>Michael T.</span>
Michael T.

PlanSource is on the leading edge of HCM and Benefit technology

What do you like best?

My company and PlanSource are longtime partners in business. Not only does PS provide great tools for businesses and HR professionals, but they also follow it up with their support teams.

What do you dislike?

There are not to many things I can say I dislike. Since they are always evolving their benefits and HCM technology, there are one off situations where report calculations be skewed or a specific piece of a platform is not active and working. This issues are typically resolved by the PS team promptly.

Being a long time partner with PlanSource, we have been somewhat of a guinea pig for many of the products they now offer. Seeing some of the tools from first use to the final and delivered product is impressive.

PlanSource review by <span>Christine W.</span>
Christine W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Employees seem to love it; HR does not

What do you like best?

I appreciate that we can administer almost all of our benefits from one location and avoid collecting paper enrollment forms. The website is user friendly for employees going through the enrollment process. And the file feeds directly to the carriers are useful.

What do you dislike?

We do not have a dedicated PlanSource Representative as a point of contact to whom we can escalate issues and who gets to know our company and our unique needs. We have worked with PlanSource for 5 years and every medical Open Enrollment is painful, being assigned different Open Enrollment specialists every year and running into some of the same issues year over year. This year's Open Enrollment contact was unresponsive, had no sense of urgency, was not correcting the errors discovered during testing and after employees went through the enrollment process in a timely manner, and was even asking us to just work through issues she could not figure out how to resolve. Ridiculous!!

The business problem solved with PlanSource was the option to administer all of our benefits (except 401(k)) online through 1 website! I appreciate the file feeds they have directly to the carriers, eliminating the collection of enrollment forms and subsequent manual data entry on carrier websites to get employees enrolled or make changes. The time saved for my department with regard to day-to-day administration was helpful.

Learn more about PlanSource

PlanSource Videos

Learning about PlanSource?

* We monitor all PlanSource reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.