PlanSwift

Learning about PlanSwift?

PlanSwift Reviews

Ask PlanSwift a Question
Showing 17 PlanSwift reviews
PlanSwift review by Jaime R.
Jaime R.

"Estimator"

What do you like best?

choosing only the files i need is a great feature. I also like the way i can add my take off quantities to my sheet to be able to print out and add to my bid package. The ability to work on the files from home or work by switching the user licence back and forth. Planswift is also able to easily verify the scale of the drawings by utilizing the existing measurements on the plans.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve on this software is long. Also collaboration between users can be a pain. I would need to email my file to another user and sometimes the files would be sent missing items or not even sent. The cost per user is also a little steep. Planswift can better utilize collaboration between users. If they could provide access to a cloud version for multiple users can work on the same set of plans at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planswift is a an easy to learn functional estimating software. The ability to load single pages and then name them is a key function that other estimating software leaves out. The value in this software is the ability to learn the system, tricks and functions. Youtube is a great resource for learning tips.

i am able to verify sub contractor take offs and determine if items or quantities are missing. I am also able to publish my take offs to our bidding software and allow my sub contractors to review as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PlanSwift
User in Construction

"Planswift is great for construction takeoffs"

What do you like best?

Planswift is very easy to use for construction takeoffs and did not take a lot of training prior to using the product. Easily creates digital takeoffs and stores values that can be easily transferred into other programs like Microsoft Excel or Word.

What do you dislike?

Planswift has an estimate and proposal options but both required extensive work and work arounds. I found it easier to use Microsoft Excel and Word to create estimates and proposals after getting quantities from Planswift. The estimating, templates and reports functions could use some improvement to make them more user friendly. Also I was never able to print takeoffs with takeoff quantities to PDFs to make them more accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a cheap and easy to use takeoff software, definitely look into Planswift. Other more expensive options like On Screen Takeoff and Quickbid are industry standards at the moment but almost 10x the price.

Planswift was a cheaper option for us when we wanted to digitize takeoff for construction plans. The benefits are amazing compared to paper takeoffs. Quantities are easily totaled and stored, and can be sent into other programs like Excel for further use.

What Construction Estimating solution do you use?

PlanSwift review by Jaime C.
Jaime C.

"Easy to jump in, yet complicated to customize"

What do you like best?

I like the ease to be able to load up multiple file types, and there is a seamless transition from other software I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

It's too complicated to create assemblies, the videos are too complicated and don't allow me to assemble components how I want them. I want to be able to set my assemblies per stage in my project. I should be able to do all my footer assembly including hardware as an easier package.

Planswift helps me with quantity take offs and it helps me stay organized when keeping records of highlighted plans, notes and overall documentation of my bid process.

PlanSwift review by Boaz E.
Boaz E.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

I have been using Planswift for a number of years now. Prior to purchasing this software I did quite a bit of research on the different takeoff software. I find that this product is one of the best.

What do you dislike?

Building indexes is a little more complicated than it should be.

Service can be a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the price.

Very user friendly, accurate, versatile.

User in Construction

"Estimating in the 21st century"

What do you like best?

The server it offers , it's organization of past work. It has also really made my job alot easier !

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any complaints about this software .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your still doing your takeoffs on paper, your wasting a lot of time

We were able to number all of our jobs and organize them better so we always knew what we were referring to and can find it quickly

PlanSwift review by Leticia G.
Leticia G.

"Wonderful and easy "

What do you like best?

I love this tool because it is easy to do take offs on a digital copy of plans

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s easy and fun to use I would like to see the program easily put PDFs into color because sometimes it makes my Program crash

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it. Makes life easier to those who are estimators

Makes the take off process so much faster and easier

PlanSwift review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Takeoffs for all Construction"

What do you like best?

EarthworkPro plug-in is awesome. Once you do all the grading takeoffs it will calculate cut, fill and rough grading!

What do you dislike?

Reports are not very user friendly. It would be nice to print a report that looks like your takeoff summary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for takeoffs.

It allows me to know exactly how much dirt needs to be exported or imported to a job site.

PlanSwift review by Desiree S.
Desiree S.

"Great estimating soft"

What do you like best?

Planswift makes it easy to get a quality takeoff done quickly.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t really anything that I don’t like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For this price point you can’t go wrong with this estimating platform. It’s one of the most affordable, easiest to use products out there.

Planswift allows me to quickly and easily get a quality takeoff so I can sum it a quality bid to my contractors.

PlanSwift review by Justin W.
Justin W.

"Comprehensive Takeoff Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and fairly customizable. Able to connect to multiple network folders for organization.

What do you dislike?

Prefer it be subscription based so you can constantly get updates and keep the initial fees lower.

PlanSwift allows us to do takeoffs on our construction products, and then export them to our estimating software very well.

PlanSwift review by Shari B.
Shari B.

"Planswift"

What do you like best?

Ability to use formulas for projecting materials purchase

What do you dislike?

Only one license in the office, so hard to share product

Recommendations to others considering the product

get multiple licenses to share information and be able to perform version control on plans

cost benefits for sure; waste cut dramatically; no more returns of materials

PlanSwift review by Anshul M.
Anshul M.

"Great takeoff software "

What do you like best?

User interface, Takeoffs options, easy takeoffs. MS excel compatibility, format input options, pricing for the trades.

What do you dislike?

When more than two people are working on server, it messes up the ms excel file. Two people can not work on a same pdf drawing together at same time.

Estimating all the trades, pricing the trades.

PlanSwift review by Jon S.
Jon S.

"Great software - Ok support"

What do you like best?

Robust and feature rich. Excellent FAQ and knowledgebase. Planswift will even provide free online training.

What do you dislike?

Lack of Windows Server OS support. Does not work well on Server 2012 R2. (confirmed with Planswift support.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your system meets the requirements.

We provide measurements for customers at no cost which they would normally pay for through a subtractor. This provides added value for us.

PlanSwift review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Lumber Estimator's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

It works the way I work, matches the approach that I would have used with paper, scale ruler, and calculator.

What do you dislike?

Setting up all the presets and tools, to make it most efficient requires a very large investment of time. This time will eventually pay off, but there is a substantial amount of work on the front end.

It provides a consistent tool and method that made reproducing similar estimating results across members of the team.

PlanSwift review by Rakesh K.
Rakesh K.

"Plan Swift was a decent Takeoff tool"

What do you like best?

Its interface is easy and simple. It has color section option which categories takeoffs

What do you dislike?

It has limited options. There are other softwares that can perform similar and more work

Quick Takeoffs

PlanSwift review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Great software, easy learning "

What do you like best?

The software is so simple and easy to learn that it can be learned within a day. File uploading is easy if we use pdfs.

What do you dislike?

File uploading is not easy when you use large files. We have to break the file to get it uploaded

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It helps a lt for takeoffs

Quantity takeoff

User in Construction

"My go-to software for surfacing takeoffs"

What do you like best?

It’s ease of use. Compared to the several other Surface takeoff programs I’ve used, PlanSwift is the easiest to navigate and consistently utilize.

What do you dislike?

Their technical support is sub-par compared to others.

Continuity between all takeoff engineers and takeoffs for projects.

"Planswift"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Visually pleasing and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Hard to snap to exact points for exact measurements

Take offs, colorful visualization

Learning about PlanSwift?

* We monitor all PlanSwift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.