PlanSwift

Showing 16 PlanSwift reviews
PlanSwift review by <span>Jaime R.</span>
Jaime R.

Estimator

What do you like best?

choosing only the files i need is a great feature. I also like the way i can add my take off quantities to my sheet to be able to print out and add to my bid package. The ability to work on the files from home or work by switching the user licence back and forth. Planswift is also able to easily verify the scale of the drawings by utilizing the existing measurements on the plans.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve on this software is long. Also collaboration between users can be a pain. I would need to email my file to another user and sometimes the files would be sent missing items or not even sent. The cost per user is also a little steep. Planswift can better utilize collaboration between users. If they could provide access to a cloud version for multiple users can work on the same set of plans at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planswift is a an easy to learn functional estimating software. The ability to load single pages and then name them is a key function that other estimating software leaves out. The value in this software is the ability to learn the system, tricks and functions. Youtube is a great resource for learning tips.

i am able to verify sub contractor take offs and determine if items or quantities are missing. I am also able to publish my take offs to our bidding software and allow my sub contractors to review as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PlanSwift
PlanSwift review by User in Construction
User in Construction

Planswift is great for construction takeoffs

What do you like best?

Planswift is very easy to use for construction takeoffs and did not take a lot of training prior to using the product. Easily creates digital takeoffs and stores values that can be easily transferred into other programs like Microsoft Excel or Word.

What do you dislike?

Planswift has an estimate and proposal options but both required extensive work and work arounds. I found it easier to use Microsoft Excel and Word to create estimates and proposals after getting quantities from Planswift. The estimating, templates and reports functions could use some improvement to make them more user friendly. Also I was never able to print takeoffs with takeoff quantities to PDFs to make them more accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a cheap and easy to use takeoff software, definitely look into Planswift. Other more expensive options like On Screen Takeoff and Quickbid are industry standards at the moment but almost 10x the price.

Planswift was a cheaper option for us when we wanted to digitize takeoff for construction plans. The benefits are amazing compared to paper takeoffs. Quantities are easily totaled and stored, and can be sent into other programs like Excel for further use.

What Construction Estimating solution do you use?

PlanSwift review by <span>Jaime C.</span>
Jaime C.

Easy to jump in, yet complicated to customize

What do you like best?

I like the ease to be able to load up multiple file types, and there is a seamless transition from other software I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

It's too complicated to create assemblies, the videos are too complicated and don't allow me to assemble components how I want them. I want to be able to set my assemblies per stage in my project. I should be able to do all my footer assembly including hardware as an easier package.

Planswift helps me with quantity take offs and it helps me stay organized when keeping records of highlighted plans, notes and overall documentation of my bid process.

PlanSwift review by <span>Boaz E.</span>
Boaz E.

User friendly

What do you like best?

I have been using Planswift for a number of years now. Prior to purchasing this software I did quite a bit of research on the different takeoff software. I find that this product is one of the best.

What do you dislike?

Building indexes is a little more complicated than it should be.

Service can be a little slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the price.

Very user friendly, accurate, versatile.

PlanSwift review by User in Construction
User in Construction

Estimating in the 21st century

What do you like best?

The server it offers , it's organization of past work. It has also really made my job alot easier !

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any complaints about this software .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your still doing your takeoffs on paper, your wasting a lot of time

We were able to number all of our jobs and organize them better so we always knew what we were referring to and can find it quickly

PlanSwift review by <span>Leticia G.</span>
Leticia G.

Wonderful and easy

What do you like best?

I love this tool because it is easy to do take offs on a digital copy of plans

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s easy and fun to use I would like to see the program easily put PDFs into color because sometimes it makes my Program crash

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it. Makes life easier to those who are estimators

Makes the take off process so much faster and easier

Learning about PlanSwift?

* We monitor all PlanSwift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.