Planview PPM Pro

3.6

Planview PPM Pro provides a top down approach to project portfolio management (PPM) – completely hosted in a secure cloud platform. Innotas PPM software provides visibility into your programs, projects, and people to enable visibility, alignment, and improved execution across your enterprise.

Work for Planview PPM Pro?

Learning about Planview PPM Pro?

Planview PPM Pro Reviews

Ask Planview PPM Pro a Question
Showing 19 Planview PPM Pro reviews
Planview PPM Pro review by Forrest S.
Forrest S.

"Excellent PMO at a great price point"

What do you like best?

Innotas provides us with the ability to manage our complete portfolio of projects using a cloud-based solution, integrating in our budgeting and actuals for projects with the interface for IT personnel to quickly enter in their hours for the week.

What do you dislike?

It takes a decent amount of time to master the way estimated, budgeted and actual costs are calculated. It all makes sense once you figure it out, but you really have to dig in to get to that point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get caught up in the dashboards at first. Concentrate on the core data related to your key PMO processes. Once you have a solid portfolio of project data in the system, the flashier stuff will follow.

We were trying to mature our project management processes and standardize the approach to project initiation and financial management. We have definitely taken advantage of the Innotas platform to establish a project initiation workflow and also use the tool to create dashboards for our monthly meetings to review budgets and costs with the executive team.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planview PPM Pro
Planview PPM Pro review by Lise L.
Lise L.

"Innotas: Great Value for Portfolio Management"

What do you like best?

Innotas is easy to use and provides all the basics (and more) for managing a portfolio of projects. The reporting feature does not require a specific skill set (i.e. Crystal) to run. Recently Innotas has implemented new features that allows Administrators to create different types of projects (I.e. project with various data fields) which has allowed for the solution to be extended at an entreprise level.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a "read only" license be available that would be free.

Before Innotas we had over 60 projects that were not captured in a single repository. Creating a single report for project status was painful and time consuming and often done in Excel, over email. With having all our projects in Innotas, we were able to introduce reporting guidelines and schedule and creating a consolidated view which highlights the highest risks project is extremely quick and easy.

What Project and Portfolio Management solution do you use?

Planview PPM Pro review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for real time project tracking"

What do you like best?

Innotas offers a one stop place to handle project requests from planning to execution with robust reporting and time tracking capabilities to fully understand major KPIs associated with our resource allocation.

What do you dislike?

Innotas is quite costly which requires us to limit full functionality to a tight list of users. It makes it very difficult to expand our user base beyond those highly integral to our group. We'd like to be able to expand this out to a greater user base to not only submit project requests but to access some of the reporting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Innotas comes with a rather large price tag. Consider how you want your processes and this tool to work together. Determine which components are key to your operation and move forward with a plan.

Like other large organizations, we have a lot of project requests that come through our department. This has allowed us to set up processes to screen projects more efficiently and to determine resource allocation real-time.

Planview PPM Pro review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Happy with the tool; the rest is on us"

What do you like best?

The resource workbench is one of my favorite features. I love being able to see/work on multiple resource allocations at a time (instead of having to go into each project individually.

I love the support. This is for me one of the strongest selling points for Innotas. They have proven they are not a vendor who abandons customers after the sale.

I also like the self-service model and the options available for self-administering the system (and improvements being made in that area).

What do you dislike?

User access levels - either I don't understand how they work or the options to create meaningful groups to restrict access does not work well.

The what-if tool is not capable of handling large scenarios.

****

Would like to have ...

- more Website log data - who visited which areas of the site

- ability to create new Request forms by copying existing ones (instead of having to recreate from scratch)

- ability to edit directives when creating filters - if I start building a filter and realize it's wrong, I have to delete it and start over - would be nice to be able to change "&" to "or" or "is date range" to correct date range, etc. PS - Filters could also be built on a single screen so you don't have to click next, back, etc.

- end-user-ready communications so that as major changes are announced, we can edit and distribute notifications without a lot of content prep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan to have resources dedicated to system administration (there are lots of updates/release notes), end-user training/communication/engagement, and reporting. This is not a system that you can 'set and forget'.

Prepare yourself for the reality that you may set up the system to use certain tools in a certain way and then in a short time realize it doesn't work as you thought.

Regardless of the system you choose, strategize around staff adoption (or transition) and engagement.

Visibility into the work in progress, work in queue, and resource utilization.

This tool has also caused more conversation (good, bad, heated, calm, etc. :) about related subjects than ever expected

Planview PPM Pro review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Innotas helping us with our Project Management maturity capabilities"

What do you like best?

With the introduction of Innotas, we moved away from a custom, legacy PPM solution to an industry leader. We have moved away from manual reporting to poor visibility of our portfolio to a solution which captures all this information. With Innotas, we now have a better view on the following:

- Portfolio Management

- Resource Management

- Request Management

- Dashboard and Reporting

What do you dislike?

The current license model for Innotas is restrictive. My hope is that through the acquisition from PlanView, Innotas will adopt different licensing models

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your requirements for a PPM solution. Innotas is a very good product but there are differences if you are moving from MS Project to Innotas. Make sure you understand what those differences are. Lastly, make sure you get support from our leadership team. Our implementation was successful because our CIO is a firm believer of needing a world class PPM solution.

Our legacy PPM solution was customized and required extensive administrative overhead to maintain. Ongoing maintenance and support of the system became difficult over time and was not able to scale as me matured in our processes. Additional challenges included

• Project Managers use different tools to manage projects, including MS Project, Excel, and other solutions

• There was no way of having a consolidated view of resource allocation across all projects, viewing resource capacity or forecasting resources availability. This is done manually using spreadsheets.

• The legacy system lacked functionality of a true PPM solution

The benefits realized have been:

- Better visibility of our project portfolio

- Better status reporting which has resulted in reduced work for our PMs

- The ability to capture all requests in one solution vs. in different repositories

- Elimination of manual processes such as capacity planning, forecasting and reporting

Planview PPM Pro review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

The reporting and dashboarding capabilities are very robust

What do you dislike?

Not being able to do effort based planning

Not as user-friendly as MS Project

Recommendations to others considering the product

Innotas is a very robust portfolio management system. The reporting and dashboarding capabilities are great and almost endless. It must be noted that it does not have effort based planning capabilities at project management level.

It is great for companies just establishing their project management office or philosophy.

I would highly recommend cloud hosting since this will save a lot of implementation hassle. The Innotas implementation team did a very good job.

My current account manager does a conference with me once every two weeks and I would say that she is one of the best account managers I have every dealt with. She has been very responsive to our needs

Having a single point to document all project related activities. We currently use this tool for all time entry (both project and prod support).

Reporting is a lot easier and I am now able to create dashboards for senior level execs

Planview PPM Pro review by User in Information Technology and Services

"How is the average rating so high for this product?!?!"

What do you like best?

I am giving this product a 2 just because of it's potential.

- Like that I can drag tasks to new locations

- Seams to have a lot of features

-I don't think I have ever had any issues with logging in, and the site not been available

What do you dislike?

I'm writing my review from the perspective of a Project Manager/User working as a consultant for a local city government. I have been using MS Project for many years, and the transition to this product is PAINFUL. I have been using Innotas for about 9 months, but it's not something I enjoy, and so I use it only as much as I have to...in fact, as a PM, I have to continue to use MS Project, otherwise I'd spend way too much time making updates to my Innotas project plan tasks.

First off, I dislike the fact that I had to connect to my linked in just to provide a review! Anyway, here are some things I really don't like about your product:

- I have tried Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87) and IE 11 (Version 11.0.9600.18618)..and both have different issues

- It's web based, which I generally consider a good thing; however, everything requires a click, and I get the spinning wheel to let me know it's updating...so, any time I'm trying to update my plan, it takes a long time....for every change. I know "long time" is pretty generic, but from a usability aspect, it's just terrible.

- Using chrome, my task rows aren't aligned, half the page is lower than the other side; doesn't do that in IE 11. My last and only input for Chrome...there are others, but focusing on IE issue at the moment.

-Using IE 11, inserting a new task is cumbersome...click task, right click, insert new task, enter...scroll down (have to scroll again after every entry) to newly inserted task..where did it go, Oh, it inserted my new task somewhere else on the task list...oh good, at least I can click and drag that new task.

I am an end user, not someone that would be trying to "solve" any problems or doing benefits realization evaluation....I simply want to provide a review from my perspective.

Planview PPM Pro review by William C.
William C.

"We use Innotas for resource management"

What do you like best?

The tool works well for requesting and understanding where resources are allocated in our organization. The new request process helps us differentiate between requesting project managers and the employee (resource) managers

What do you dislike?

the reporting functionality, while extremely comprehensive, is ultimately much too complex for the average person to be able to create reports and successfully get the data they want.

we are trying to better understand our resource capacity for taking in new projects.

Planview PPM Pro review by Ritchie J.
Ritchie J.

"Overall a good Tool."

What do you like best?

We utilize the request setup for our project intake process. This is a very helpful tool for us.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the reporting tool as it seems a little cumbersome.

We are trying to have one place to go look at projects and handle all the management of them from the budget to the resources. So we are able to manage projects from cradle to grave.

Planview PPM Pro review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"Innotas Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access as most cloud based systems are. However as you can see im my screenshot it doesn't work with our identity management tool. But it used to be easy to access

What do you dislike?

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. It requires much customization to get what you want you can export to excel to manipulate data but we could just manage our portfolio in excel then if we wanted to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a Business PMO and Innotas is designed for an IT shop. It is also not very collaborative with stakeholders

Holistic listing of our portfolio

Planview PPM Pro review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Innotas"

What do you like best?

I have recently started using the resource workbench, which is a great tool to see how my staff are allocated on a monthly basis.

What do you dislike?

Entering in a project has too many required fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup filters for your teams so they can easily find their projects and see their portfolio.

We have high demand from our customers to execute projects, and Innotas helps us track our portfolio.

Planview PPM Pro review by Yerriswamy S.
Yerriswamy S.

"IT Project Manager"

What do you like best?

The simple User Interface

Project search capability

Task level administration

Assigning resources at the task level for billing purpose

Reporting modules

Projects weight-age by Portfolio

What do you dislike?

It's not updating the Task level % completion, when we update the individual tasks % completion at the sub levels

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use

Not an expensive S/W for small organizations

User based licensing fee

Using as Project/Portfolio Management Tool

Planview PPM Pro review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Won over by its support"

What do you like best?

Innotas provides a surprisingly excellent amount of end user support. They hold frequent seminars led by thought leaders, have a good community support platform, and respond timely to questions and issues.

It syncs ok with MS project - occasionally a little buggy.

What do you dislike?

It appears to be marketed to executives so good for portfolio management, a bit burdensome for project management, not good for team collaboration.

Innotas seems heavily driven for add-on sales. Their frequent seminars are followed up by calls from account managers. Interfacing data with other systems is really only possible by paying for their consulting support to build API connectors. This has been a bit bothersome because the reporting isn't fabulous and users who want to manipulate and re-use the data in novel ways are limited. One example would be creating a charter. All data for a charter can be captured in fields, however they cannot be easily pulled to generate a document for posting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement portfolio management practices and behaviors first before buying the tool. Dissatisfaction with the tool comes not from the tool's limitations, but the business's resistance to behavioral change

Portfolio management for intake and demand / capacity management.

Planview PPM Pro review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Innotas as a PPM tool"

What do you like best?

I like the reporting (dashboard) feature and the ease of editing project data (in-line with the latest upgrade)

What do you dislike?

It is now not possible to post published dashboards on external sites like intranets. This was a very useful reporting method previously.

We wanted to see all of our projects and their health in one place, be able to easily modify and update that data, and report on them conveniently. Innotas has helped on all those fronts. We now can make more informed decisions, more quickly using Innotas.

Planview PPM Pro review by Skyla C.
Skyla C.

"Great tool but needs better reporting tools"

What do you like best?

I like Innotas for its robust capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the reports that come out of Innotas aren’t print ready. They don’t come straight out of the cloud ready to print for executives looking clean and easy to read.

Tracking internal project management hours for internal billing and reporting to management.

Planview PPM Pro review by daryl l.
daryl l.

"Innotas is like having an additional analyst in our PMO who helps us do our jobs better."

What do you like best?

Request queue, capacity management, reporting

What do you dislike?

project planning can be easier to use. Some of my users still prefer MS Project.

request management, scoring and portfolio management, capacity management, reporting and dashboards, some project planning

Planview PPM Pro review by User

"Efficient tool"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use interface. Able to assign tasks to project stakeholders and much better format to track in than a spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

Not much room for customization beyond the basics.

Helps with time tracking to better understand and plan for our business needs.

Planview PPM Pro review by Gauri B.
Gauri B.

"Director PMO"

What do you like best?

This product is easy to use for all types of users.

What do you dislike?

Forecasting and reporting is not always intuitive

Project management, resource management, project reporting, Capex reporting

Planview PPM Pro review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"MS Project for the cloud"

What do you like best?

It's nice being able to access this software via a browser.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of clunky in design and does not have an intuitive baseline functionality.

Visualizing resource planning and roadmap planning

Learning about Planview PPM Pro?

* We monitor all Planview PPM Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.