Planview

From small teams to large enterprises, leaders in every industry rely on the Planviews cloud solutions to empower organizations to reach their goals and drive results by optimizing the capacity of their people and financial resources.

Work for Planview?

Learning about Planview?

Planview Reviews

Ask Planview a Question
Showing 23 Planview reviews
Planview review by <span>Sanjay P.</span>
Sanjay P.

Great Target achieving and resource management tool

What do you like best?

PlanView lets you manage any project and resources in a very explicit manner.

One can easily see which person is working on which project, what is the team composition, what are the goals and their deadlines.

What I liked most is that I don't have to wait for seniors to find out whom to contact to. I quickly search in planview for the particular person to contact.

What do you dislike?

Getting up to speed on the tool at the very beginning was a bit of a fight for us as we didn’t want to spend consulting hours on it. Hand Holding at initial stage would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having visibility of project information from start to finish is a lot more beneficial than only a portion of it so make sure it's used by all users in change.

The business aspects that I am aware of are that it is being used for project management, forecasting, budgeting and it is a timesheet for every employee and contractor to be completed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Planview
Planview review by <span>Vishesh B.</span>
Vishesh B.

Tool for putting project dynamics at one place

What do you like best?

This is a very good management tool for a tracking all the deadlines of our project. We are a big team that works on monthly product delivery. We have to release specific module every other week for the delivery. Through this tool our manager can set the tasks for a particular resource and track the current status, work done and pending activities. In this way it has become very manageable for us to log our efforts against any task and know the current status. We are always able to meet the deadlines.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this tool to log my efforts for the tasks assigned to me weekly. The only drawback i have come across yet is that you can only put effort against your assigned activities. Any extra work that you have done will go unidentified.

What IT Portfolio Analysis solution do you use?

Planview review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

Great for managing projects across multiple offices

What do you like best?

In higher education, many offices provide independent services while being housed under the same division. This tool has streamlined the process of developing a singular project to which all offices will play a role.

What do you dislike?

The offices with younger staff are able to contribute their insights to each project fairly timely. Offices with individuals who do not have a natural inclination toward technology tend to go around the software and try to submit their contributions/edits through hard copies and email because they don't understand how to use it. In theory, this software works, but we're going to have to develop a live training on how to use this project for the entire division, which will cost time and money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how comfortable you/your co-workers are with software of this nature before deciding to purchase and implement it. There are many good uses for it, but it can be a headache for those who don't have natural affinity for tech.

Previously, communication and strategy had been extremely disorganized and chaotic at best. Now, all offices can contribute to each project on their own time without having to schedule a slew of in-person meetings (assuming they know how to use the program).

Planview review by <span>Jason J.</span>
Jason J.

We use Planview to bill Service Requests and Project time in an IT environment

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use. We organize all of our billibale things by sector. I can easily look at weekly and daily totals. I also like that i can view previous work weeks as well. This makes it easy to see where I've spent a lot of my work week time. From there I can better estimate how long similar work will take in the future.

What do you dislike?

In our environment (not sure if all are like this) if we "sign off", we can't go back and make corrections. I would like to see a way to look at the total amount of time spent on a particular project. Currently, the only way i know how is to go week to week and make a running total. Various projects I work on can last up to years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Planview is a great way to track where you spent your work time with a quick look.

We use Planview to keep track of billing Service Requests and Project time in an IT based environment. This gives us a good way to track our time both daily and weekly. We can see quickly where we spent our time. We also use Planview for non-billable items like helpdesk tickets and non-billable projects.

Planview review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

Good, Better, Best Project Management

What do you like best?

Closing a project - one less thing to do

What do you dislike?

Project Planning tool - It saves automatically - not when you require (or by an auto setting). does not have an undo feature. Detailed plans often get errors (5 or 6 levels in especially).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the Project Management Tool for PMs - it is my biggest gripe. Especially if you know your MS Project. While pretty good - it has a long way to go. There is no "undo" facility or method.

Group IT wide Project Planning and reporting - so it is handy in it's reports.

PMs spend over 400h a week on entering, updating and info in Planview - just to satisfy these reports - at $800/day, you do the math

Planview review by <span>Ranjan M.</span>
Ranjan M.

Splendid Experience!

What do you like best?

Projects are effortlessly shared and saw. I like the element that permits me appointing undertakings over my designers and analyzers. We are in the framework every day and people inside divisions take responsibility for individual parts while partaking in an "open" arrangement. This makes it simple to see where I've spent a considerable measure of my work week time.

What do you dislike?

Not having the capacity to predefine or set a default set of assignments per new client story made with predefined proprietors set. This one is not necessary feature but it is a little annoying to start from scratch every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommended.

We are utilizing Planview to deal with our activities that include numerous groups and phases of advancement.

Learning about Planview?

* We monitor all Planview reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.