Platform.sh

Platform.sh

Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. It extends a branch-merge workflow to infrastructure so that every branch can be tested as if it were in production, and scales for the largest sites.

Work for Platform.sh?

Learning about Platform.sh?

Platform.sh Reviews

Ask Platform.sh a Question
Showing 15 Platform.sh reviews
Platform.sh review by <span>Art W.</span>
Art W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Git-based hosting deployment without the devops headaches and a ton of versatility.

What do you like best?

The architecture and flexibility of Platform.sh is up there with the best. It's great to be able to use composer to manage dependencies and have a containerized system that builds those dependencies on each deploy. It's what you, as a developer, would build for yourself if you had the time. But really it's better because you don't have to build or maintain it.

There isn't much that can't be done, even compiling your own PHP extensions in your instance!

The documentation is thorough.

What do you dislike?

We started using Platform.sh very early after they opened their doors. There have been growing pains, most of which have been resolved. The weakest points right now revolve around visibility and analytics into what your instances are doing. An example is that we've had sites run out of disk storage with no warning in the past. Although, more recently they've implemented an email warning about low disk space to resolve this issue. But analytics within the dashboard about disk storage would be even better.

Support is also a weak area, especially involving followup. The initial response is fast, but if there is any back and forth it seems like the ticket gets lost in the shuffle. The best way to deal with that is to jump into the Slack channel and ask for some attention on your ticket.

Despite these criticisms, it's still one of the best and most flexible systems we've ever used. And they are always improving. Most of my past pain points have been dealt with over the years.

We use Platform.sh for client Drupal websites with moderate to high traffic and high dependability.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Platform.sh
Platform.sh review by <span>Alec R.</span>
Alec R.

CI Tooling + Containerized Hosting = Win

What do you like best?

Platform.sh focuses on professional developers by offering CI tooling. For most of our projects, we don't need to run an additional CI server; all our tests and linting can run during the Platform.sh build process.

Platform.sh offers flexibility similar to Heroku, being able to specify a wide range of environment configuration in a YAML file.

They worked extremely hands-on with my Enterprise clients and were able to satisfy compliance issues with them that other companies could not.

What do you dislike?

Because Platform.sh serves a wide number of platforms, sometimes it can feel like a "jack of all trades, master of none". Their support is very responsive (Slack + ticketed), but it's impossible to hire support staff who know ALL platforms best.

Their Enterprise product is great, but it is not containerized (yet), so do be warned that if you're accustom to their self-service product Enterprise is a different beast.

Hosting/CI server for our clients. Creating QA environments.

What Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution do you use?

Platform.sh review by <span>Michiel K.</span>
Michiel K.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Awesome platform, awesome support!

What do you like best?

The ease to set-up a blazing fast environment is pretty awesome. Whenever you're stuck or having an issue, just head to their Slack and you'll be guided by one of the best support-desk I've ever experienced. Platform.sh had the luck to have one of the greatest Drupal developers on board (@crell) and since our agency is specialised in Drupal, his support is greatly appreciated.

Besides the huge skillset each and every employee has, they always answer the questions with a slight sense of humor. Very pleasant to work with!

What do you dislike?

Their support (tickets that is, not Slack) is mostly superficial. "It's fixed" is an awesome answer, but sometimes I would like to know the reason why and a more profound answer.

It's hard to get a clear view on the used disk size. There are some tips and trics to see an estimate of the disk size, but mostly you depends on health warnings (sometimes it's already too late).

Statistics and analytics would be awesome too (track slow processes, see the server load on peaky hours,...) In general, get more insight in your app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to their Slack and ask around! It has multiple advantages to ask about it.

Benefits: automated deployed, increased our security flow and provide clients much faster with a stable platform

Problems: Not all Drupal sites are fully supported (e.g. multi site) and we cannot see the disk usage (only estimates), so it's hard to know when to upgrade.

Platform.sh review by <span>Lucas H.</span>
Lucas H.

Great experience

What do you like best?

It is a solution built with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery in mind.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to pass billing along to the end-client. I have to invoice the client monthly for the fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to pass client billing along to the client, then Pantheon is a competitor that will let you do that.

I host client sites on platform as my recommended hosting partner.

Platform.sh review by <span>Amir K.</span>
Amir K.

Best CI Tool We have used till today

What do you like best?

the fact that it takes care of all our CI/CD Needs helps us really like an internal Department.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's the best we've used. give it a try!

We let platform.sh create and deploy all our QA and before-go-live servers and also out Live Server in a very professional way

Platform.sh review by <span>Matt G.</span>
Matt G.

Streamlined development and deployment with Platform.sh

What do you like best?

I use Platform.sh to host ContribKanban.com. Platform.sh let me focus on development instead of how I would run deployment of my application. No longer do I need to work on my own infrastructure for running the build of my application, nor its services.

What do you dislike?

Each build produces a log output. When running the deployment from a local terminal it can be reviewed. However when using GitHub or BitBucket integration the output is in a tiny UI box that can be hard to review.

I solved my deployment issues. I have to run NPM to install Node modules, Bower for frontend, and then use Grunt to compiled my distribution files. I was spending more time on deploying my project than developing it. Now I can work on GitHub and have Platform.sh build my pull requests and test environments and maintain production.

Learn more about Platform.sh

Platform.sh Videos

Learning about Platform.sh?

* We monitor all Platform.sh reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.