(102 reviews)

Plesk is a cloud-based web hosting control panel that helps run, automate and grow applications, websites and hosting businesses in more than 26 languages across 140 countries in the world. 50% of the top 100 worldwide service providers are partnering with Plesk today.

Work for Plesk?

Learning about Plesk?

Plesk Reviews

Ask Plesk a Question
Showing 102 Plesk reviews
Plesk review by Hugo M.
Hugo M.

"A leader in web hosting control panels, if you can afford it."

What do you like best?

* Many options of additions.

* Support for many technologies (several versions of PHP available, Docker and NodeJS).

* It can be installed in many flavors of Linux, even in Windows

* The administrative dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use.

* Integrates general security tools, and a specific one for WordPress.

What do you dislike?

* Something costly

* Many add-ons imply additional recurring costs.

* The TCO of the solution tends to be elevated even for simple solutions.

* Although normally it does not have security flaws, these exist.

* Plesk handles the recurring collection of the license (either monthly or annually) through a third party, if it expires it can be a hell to renew it, make sure you never fall into that situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our best recommendation is to take advantage of the trial period provided by Plesk, examine the options and support material on the website, in particular the administrative guides.

Also, calculate very well the add-ons you are going to use, many have costs, that although for some cases they are not high, they are recurrent, and everything adds up.

Despite having some security measures, it is an aspect that can not be neglected, nor rely completely on this software.

We use Plesk as a control panel of our web hosting services for our clients, from the point of view of ease of use, clarity of information displayed, and manageable settings, it is a great tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plesk
Plesk review by Daniel  F.
Daniel F.

"easy to manage and use "

What do you like best?

I have been using Plesk for many years to allow my clients to manage their sites. One of the comments that keeps coming up is ease of use and one click installs. I have converted customers from the cpanel interface to plesk. The ease of use is one of the main reasons why I will continue to use plesk as my main CMS.

What do you dislike?

Charge for extensions. I understand that not all extensions can be free however Plesk has increased the price per month . the latest version highlights and promotes me to use extension however at a cost. If some of the highlighted extensions were made to be free or at a discounted cost per month I would be more inclined to use them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purely down to ease of use. The domain management is so easy to use. I have used Cpanel in the past and it just didnt feel easy. Plus I felt it was more aimed at a more technical user. This i ok for my self but for other users it was not. The price is also a factor. Plesk allows low cost monthly fee which suits me better.

Complicated panels, plesk is not only visually inviting it allows the average user to navigate around there domain control panel. I have had some customers with little to no technical knowledge add mail accounts from a simple guide . This is one the main reasons my customers stay with me.

What Virtual Private Servers (VPS) solution do you use?

Plesk review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Best Web Hosting Panel!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity with which you can manage multiple sites from a single dashboard, the ability to use dozens of extensions with which to expand the functionality of the software and finally compatibility with virtually all operating systems, and even environments virtual!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to complain about. In particular with many projects inside the software tends to slow down, the graphical interface is very pleasant and user friendly, but some features are not very visible and difficult to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend the use of plesk, it will simplify your work, you will not go crazy in remembering the password or the name of that host to which you access sporadically.

You will have in one place a Centralized Control Panel of all domains just a click away!

Finally a software that allows me to manage all my domains in one place! this allows us to save time, simplifies the work allowing us to focus on other tasks or on the optimizations that customers ask us!

Plesk review by Aladi V.
Aladi V.

"Experience with plesk"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features to talk about. But to make it short and simple, what Parallels Plesk Panel does is package everything you need to manage and deploy modern websites and applications in a very clean and extensible administrator. The most important thing I would like to point out are the security features that Plesk provides for Wordpress. Wordpress is extremely vulnerable to attacks and Plesk provides many ways to protect it easily.

What do you dislike?

You may have to play with some settings to get the desired results, which can be confusing to begin with. For example, deploying a RubyOnRails application with Capistrano is not that simple. You will have to make some changes to the settings to get it going. But once done it is a fairly simple process is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really should understand how to use the SSH and plesk console otherwise you will go crazy or you need someone who is certified in this. It is not easy for you not to learn it by watching a video on YouTube.

Our websites have different IPs and redirects that do not lead everyone to the same address. This helps with page rank in Google and other search engines. Each domain is seen as separate entities instead of an entire being.

Plesk review by Juanfran G.
Juanfran G.

"Straightforward and useful facilitating Panel"

What do you like best?

Apparatuses that permits me that agreeable and straightforward facilitating board. One of the basic things I cherish about this board is that free and I can introduce on any Linux working framework, for my situation I have utilized it in CentOS and I worked ponders.

What do you dislike?

I don't hate this board, I feel that I have never had any curiosity or inconvenience about this brilliant program of free programming, this Panel has a care group willing to help you in any worry or in the event that you ask for data to the administration Hosting with which you are partnered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prescribe this board exceptionally for your solace and simplicity of playing out the arrangement with the goal that your area can point to that server and therefore work as a facilitating control board for nothing

With this board I settle numerous business things, in light of the fact that my organization relies upon deals or electronic trade, I have understood that I can here just to make post represents my workers and in this way have the capacity to send to every customer data from various Email accounts

Plesk review by Bryan  A.
Bryan A.

"The best control panel that i ever try"

What do you like best?

The docker features is awesome, it help us implement new feature without disturb our running system. It also have direct Node.js feature. It also have much Extensions that will help you manage your server.

What do you dislike?

Lake for apache perfomance, but it little help with the nginx

Recommendations to others considering the product

This control panel help us to focus on our businnes despite just managing server.

Before we use plesk we must have separate server to running our system, because we have PHP based and Node.js system. With Plesk we just need one server and configure the two system run. It safe a lot of our resource because we just need one single app to control all of our system. And the docker is the awesome feature, we can to implement new technology without changing our server system.

Plesk review by Jonathan Y.
Jonathan Y.

"Forget cPanel, Plesk is the new hotness"

What do you like best?

Plesk brings modern web development and application management to your web server. Forget getting lost in WHM or trying to muck through config files. Plesk offers easy to use pages to manage your websites, SSL certificates, Git pulling, and even Docker containers that forward to those servers. It's beyond easy to use and an immediate win for every company I've ever used it with.

What do you dislike?

Plesk is a little less easy to configure specific server options for those hardcore server admins. It's not impossible to manage these changes, but it definitely requires more work than I'd like it to. Also it's really difficult to manage multiple web servers with Plesk as you don't have a sync option (last I checked).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is ideal for small single servers, rather than giant clusters. If you are a small agency and want to run Wordpress I'd HIGHLY recommend this over ANY OTHER option.

Simplifying time required to publish a website. Most of our small-sized websites no longer require much effort to deploy or maintain. We deploy plesk on both cloud machines and dedicated servers.

Plesk review by Johannes V.
Johannes V.

"Really, really a bad company. A utter disgrace in the webhosting world!"

What do you like best?

Well the product Plesk was almost perfect for almost 15 years. Their pricing was one of the best in the industries. And we experienced Plesk from 7.5.4 to it's current version Plesk Onyx 17.5.3. Sometimes the advertisements are annoying, but still it "was" a good product.

What do you dislike?

We have been a solid partner of Plesk for many, many years (almost 15 years). We went through SWsoft, Parallels, Odin and then back to Plesk during all these years. We never had an issue before, until recently.

Plesk, who are now a separate business entity, decided to increase their pricing. Ofcourse we can live with a price increase. It's normal for companies to increase their prices a "bit", but what Plesk decided is an utter disgrace...!

Pricing increased, for us (a loyal partner of Plesk for many years) by 875%... This is absurd and insane.

Before the price increase we would pay about 1000 USD per month.

...after the price increase we now have to pay almost 5000 USD!

No self-respected company would increase their pricing this way. This is the first time, since we went in business, we have experienced something like this (20+ years).

This is how Plesk nowadays treats their loyal customers / partners. This is really not normal. Plesk really does NOT care about their loyal and long-standing partners. Plesk is, simply put, a DISGRACE!

Obviously we cannot enforce our customers to pay 875% increase, because we received this increase from Plesk. Unlike Plesk we actually do value our customers.

So we decided to look for alternatives, something which we needed to do before. As a result we already canceled over 100 Plesk licenses completely. Another 70 will follow before the beginning of next month and after that we will continue to cancel another 150 licenses.

Because of this despicable treatment of Plesk we decided to bid Plesk completely farewell and use alternatives. So hopefully we can get rid of Plesk completely within 4 - 6 months (over 450 Plesk licenses).

So be warned...

Our conclusion; if you are in the hosting business and you value your money and want to be treated seriously and with respect, then avoid Plesk at all costs...! They are just a bunch of scammers nowadays, really!

Sidenote; I have 100% proof of everything and invoices who can confirm this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doubt we will be a partner for much longer, especially considering the 875% price increase. Other companies are thinking of doing the same as us; drop Plesk completely.

Webhosting business, virtual and dedicated servers, reseller plans and so on.

Plesk review by Administrator

"Long time Plesk user for SMB/multiple domain management"

What do you like best?

The user interface makes server management and installation of modules/features intuitive. Plesk has also introduced some great features and modules over the years including NGINX, Google PageSpeed, multiple PHP version management. It has allowed me to progress from a novice to advanced server admin over the last decade – as I have got busier with work, Plesk still does the heavy lifting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Plesk has been relatively slow to adopt features – for example they were not immediate to adopt theGoogle PageSpeed module (mod_pagespeed) or LetsEncrypt however this may be over critical as this is only from my personal experience and requirements and there have usually ways to install cutting edge or beta technologies for development/testing such as through the servers CLI. That said, when implemented, the modules and configuration options/levels of customisation are well considered and stable. Their development roadmap makes sense in this context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

Managing time between web development and server management. Allowing us to focus on areas of the business with higher margin (e.g. website development and design) and not spending unnecessary time managing servers. The Plesk mobile apps also provide reassurance when we are off site that our services are running.

Plesk review by Francis O.
Francis O.

"The most advanced cloud-based web hosting control panel that every company ought to have"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Plesk is a cloud based version, in which it is easily accessible on any Internet-connected advice. As an admin, I am able to control email hosting and access any email with just a click. Plesk is allocated at a fair cost estimation, that is even affordable to SMB.

Plesk has a wide range of applications and tools that allows me to manage modern websites and applications in one central place.

What do you dislike?

In order to fully customize Plesk, you need to play around with lots of settings, which sometomes is not a simple task as many people think.

Also, to get the most out of Plesk, you need to deploy robust Internet connection, which is a challenge in remote areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automatically yes for any size of business..

Managing emails, websites and domains in one place without shifting apps and services. In the long run, that enables me to save time and energy.

Plesk review by Ukhov N.
Ukhov N.

"plesk - це нова гарячість"

What do you like best?

Wordpress плата супер інтуїтивна і супроводжує багато додаткових елементів. Мені також подобаються неймовірні відповіді в зборі facebook Plesk за умови, що ви коли-небудь відчувати проблему є залежним хтось з відповіддю. Одна з найважливіших речей, які я люблю про цю плату - це те, що я вільний і можу представити на будь-якій робочій системі Linux, тому що я використовував її в CentOS, і я працював.

What do you dislike?

Я не ненавиджу цю дошку, я відчуваю, що я ніколи не мав жодного інтересу або турбувався про цю чудову програму вільного програмування. Неважко розібратися з цими змінами, але це, безперечно, вимагає більше роботи, ніж мені б хотілося. Крім того, дуже важко мати справу з різними веб-серверами з Plesk, оскільки у вас немає вибору синхронізації (останній я перевірив).

З Plesk ми просто вимагаємо один сервер і розробляємо два фреймворка. Це безпечно тонну нашого активу, оскільки ми просто вимагаємо однієї програми, щоб контролювати більшість наших рамок. Крім того, докер є прекрасним компонентом, ми можемо актуалізувати нові інновації, не змінюючи нашого сервера. Webhosting бізнес, віртуальні і віддані сервери, партнерські проекти і т.д.

Plesk review by MOD A.
MOD A.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Super good experience. It is moderatelly easy to use. Its look and feel is really attractive and makes user experience incredibly good. Plus, you do not need to be a super user or somebody really technical to use this. I have seen non tech people using the product very easily. Good thing is that it runs both on Linux and Windows, which is really important for me (I do not know about you...)

What do you dislike?

It may take too long but who knows, it is ok. Pricing is ok, although I would expect it to be a little bit cheaper, but that is something everybody wants, am I right? I mean, we would love to have it for free, but we have to pay a fee so that developers and companies can keep on working hard and improving this kind of technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would focus on extending the supported versions and Operative Systems. What about kubernetes? Would it be feasible to put everything into containers? And maybe some other stuff such as blockchain for more secure login could be pretty cool. May I be thinking on crazy stuff? I am not a subject matter expert, therefore I could be wrong

I am saving money thanks to this kind of technology, and I am also making every thing faster and in a way more easy way thanks to this. Therefore my employees can focus on what really matters for us.

Plesk review by Lucas R.
Lucas R.

"Easy solution to run your websites and servers without issues"

What do you like best?

The easiness to have multiple websites up and running in a few minutes.

The Wordpress management is super intuitiv and comes with a lot of extras

I also like the great reactions in the facebook group of Plesk because if you ever encounter a problem there is always someone with a solution.

What do you dislike?

The first setup was a little bit to long but as it is only a first setup it doesn't disturb that much. In the meantime this has changed and a lot of things got optional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and professional way to solve all your hosting problems => Go use Plesk

Hosting and operating multiple websites and web projects. You have everything where you want and need it and thanks to extensions you can nearly do everything inside Plesk without leaving the control panel or switch to another tool.

There was a great blog article about setting up your wordpress with varnishe thanks to the docker integration. After having my testsites live with cache I moved nearly all websites on that server behind the varnish cache. Never thought it is that easy.

Plesk review by Sheila N.
Sheila N.

"Buona esperienza"

What do you like best?

La cosa più importante che vorrei sottolineare sono le caratteristiche di sicurezza che Plesk fornisce per Wordpress. Wordpress è estremamente vulnerabile agli attacchi e Plesk offre molti modi per proteggerlo facilmente.

What do you dislike?

Buona esperienzaNon c'è molto di cui lamentarsi. In particolare con molti progetti all'interno del software tende a rallentare, l'interfaccia grafica è molto piacevole e facile da usare, ma alcune caratteristiche non sono molto visibili e difficili da trovare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk è una soluzione di web hosting flessibile e innovativa che offre hosting condiviso, server dedicati e hyperscalers. Dispone di pacchetti che si adattano sia alle piccole e medie imprese che alle grandi aziende.

Siamo stati in grado di risolvere i nostri problemi di sicurezza bene da una caratteristica specifica fornita da Plesk come Server Auto-Repair, Automatic Database Repair, e Log Browser che ha mantenuto il nostro sito web e di business in esecuzione senza alcuna distrazione.

Plesk review by Jose Ramon M.
Jose Ramon M.

"Mejor panel de administración"

What do you like best?

Hay un montón de características de las que hablar. Pero para que sea breve y sencillo, lo que hace Parallels Plesk Panel es empaquetar todo lo que necesita para gestionar e implantar sitios web y aplicaciones web modernas en un administrador muy limpio y extensible. Lo más importante que me gustaría señalar son las características de seguridad que Plesk proporciona para Wordpress. Wordpress es extremadamente vulnerable a los ataques y Plesk proporciona muchas formas de protegerlo fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Puede que tenga que jugar con algunas configuraciones para obtener los resultados deseados, lo que puede ser confuso para empezar. Por ejemplo, desplegar una aplicación RubyOnRails con Capistrano no es tan sencillo. Tendrá que hacer algunos cambios en las configuraciones para ponerlo en marcha. Pero una vez hecho es un proceso bastante simple después.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usted realmente debe entender cómo utilizar la consola SSH y plesk de lo contrario usted se volverá loco o usted necesita a alguien que está certificado en esto. No es fácil que no lo aprendas viendo un video en youtube.

Nuestros sitios web tienen diferentes IPs y redirecciones que no llevan a todos a la misma dirección. Esto ayuda con el pagerank en Google y otros motores de búsqueda. Cada dominio es visto como entidades separadas en lugar de un ser entero.

Plesk review by David L.
David L.

"Controlling with Plesk"

What do you like best?

You do not have to be an expert to use Plesk. One of the main advantages of Plesk is that its interface is very simple and intuitive.

In terms of security, Plesk has many measures so that any web project is always safe.

You can manage backup copies in a very easy way.

It has a large selection of plugins.

What do you dislike?

The very difficult to say something that I do not like about Plesk. Actually it is a very easy tool to use. Maybe, I compare it with other tools, the installation process can be somewhat more difficult but it is not torture to install it either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s easy to use and manage.

Users can group all the domains in the same interface, thus reducing costs both in economic terms and in capital terms.

Plesk review by Constance K.
Constance K.

"The one place where users are allowed to build apps and websites at a lower cost"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Plesk is ease of use after getting the required tutorials and documentation, which are all over the web. In addition, I like how it is super easy to manage and build different sites in one dashboard with the help of Plesk. Finally, I like the iteration with the c-panel to make the user utilize Plesk to the maximum.

What do you dislike?

Having many projects in Plesk makes it slow down, but the versioning of this software is great and it is now not slowing down on the latest version like before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to all those folks that want to manage their domains and websites in one secure platform.

Since I have three domains, Plesk allows me to manage all my domains and sites in one secure platform.

Plesk review by Gerald  G.
Gerald G.

"My preffered control panel "

What do you like best?

Their customer support is reliable and uses a number of languages besides English ensuring every users issue is addressed and its not hampered by language barrier.

It makes it easy for us to grow and run our apps and website easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some of pour users who don't have that advanced technical knowledge encounters some problems in using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is affordable and their customer support is excellent and encompassing hence helping users with any oissue at any time. Its the best software that you should get your hands on in web hosting.

Plesk enables and equips us to execute all of our web hosting processes and as a company involved in computer software, the platform has enabled us execute our mandate and responsibilities with ease and help our company to grow.

Plesk review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Great host for a windows server"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of options for a small web developer to take care of everyday tasks. I had a security breach and Plesk resolved my threat in 5 days. I've never had this type of service from another cPanel. Also find this interface the most straight forward to manage email and accounts on the day to day- it's very easy to troubleshoot and figure out yourself (without any intervention).

What do you dislike?

I find the need to restart frequently to fix bugs- may be some glitches that still need to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use interface, straight forward and easy to navigate. Great for admin and day to day task completion.

Setting up tasks using the time and date feature so i can essentially outsource my work myself in one go.

Plesk review by Dipesh B.
Dipesh B.

"Best admin panel for your VPS"

What do you like best?

There are whole lot of features to talk about. But to keep it short and simple, what Plesk does is that it packages everything you need to manage and deploy modern websites and web apps into very clean and extensible admin. Oe important thing i would like to point out is the security features Plesk provide out of box for Wordpress. Wordpress is extremely vulnerable to attacks and Plesk provide lot of ways to secure it easily.

What do you dislike?

You might have to play around with some configurations to get the desired results, which can be confusing to start with. For example, deploying RubyOnRails app with Capistrano is not that straightforward. You will have to do some changes in configurations to get it going. But once done it is fairly simple process afterwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for web development companies who deliver websites on Wordpress and web apps based on RubyOnRails. Will save you lot of time and hassle.

Prior to Plesk we were building VPS from scratch which as there were no admin panel we liked working with before. Some lack features, some had bad UI, some difficult to configure. In short for one or the other reasons we were not able to use any admin panel, so we used to build VPS from scratch which was very time consuming and required deep knowledge and skills to optimise it. With Plesk we get optimised stack out of box, and it has been so much faster and easier to deploy websites and web apps and keep them secured with SSL and other security features.

Plesk review by Alvaro R.
Alvaro R.

"Simple and functional hosting Panel"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent hosting panel, where I can configure the DNS zone, logs of my domains, emails, make Web content, among others

Tools that allows me that comfortable and simple hosting panel. One of the simple things I love about this panel is that free and I can install on any Linux operating system, in my case I have used it in CentOS and I worked wonders.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike this panel, I feel that I have never had any novelty or annoyance about this wonderful program of free software, this Panel has a support group willing to help you in any concern or if you request information to the service Hosting with which you are affiliated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this panel in a special way for your comfort and ease of performing the configuration so that your domain can point to that server and thus function as a hosting control panel for free

With this panel I solve many commercial things, because my company depends on sales or electronic commerce, I have realized that I can here in a simple way to create post accounts for my employees and thus be able to send to each client information from different Email accounts

Plesk review by Administrator

"Easy, secure and powerful"

What do you like best?

Powerful control panel for everything I did on command line before and very easy SSL configuration (e.g. with Let's Encrypt) with only a few clicks. The ability to install extensions makes it very easy to add new features and there are some very good extensions like "KernelCare" which protects your server by installing kernel updates without having to reboot it.

What do you dislike?

Currently nothing. I've had some minor problems in the past but their support always helped me quickly and solved all of my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you waste a lot of time by doing everything manually on your web hosting server then Plesk is the right thing for you! It lets you manage everything from a powerful web control panel. Especially the SSL feature with Let's Encrypt ist really powerful and lets you secure a complete website within a few clicks. It also takes care of renewing the certificates when needed without having to use the command line.

Webhosting business with a lot of sites got very fast, secure and easy.

Plesk review by Alexia p.
Alexia p.

"Must know what you are doing!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to access plesk from anywhere including my cellular. However, this is based on know how not an app or any suport.

What do you dislike?

Servers fail a lot and no support given when it happens. You must be knowledgeable to fix it yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must really understand how to use SSH console and plesk otherwise you will make yourself crazy or you need someone who is certified in this. It is not easy you will not learn it from watching a youtube video.

Our websites have different IPs and redirects not leading all to the same address. This helps with pagerank on Google and other search engines. Each domain is seen as separate entities instead of one entire being.

Plesk review by Charita A.
Charita A.

"Plesk provides a favorable coding platform for developers"

What do you like best?

Plesk provides a favorable coding place with programming languages present in the platform such as PHP,Python, Node.js support ,JavaScript and .NET. It is easy to deploy and control new software from dockers container.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive for an end user who is managing only one website but favorable to those that have mulititide of websites to control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is best used for organization that wants a multi-level help desk which helps at tracking and controlling customers problems within a centralized location.

We have been able to solve our security issues well from the a specific feature provided by Plesk such as Server Auto-Repair, Automatic Database Repair, and Log Browser that has kept our website and business running without any distractions.

Plesk review by Elijah W.
Elijah W.

"Secure web hosting platform"

What do you like best?

Plesk offers a central dashboard to develop, manage and maintain multiple web applications.

It supports all major content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla.

It has various ways to ensure security such as vulnerability monitors, anti-virus and anti-spam tools.

It integrates with many web extensions that increase web applications capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Plesk performance on old browsers such as Internet Explorer is not as good as while using other web browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is a reliable, secure and flexible web hosting platform that offers extensibility and support for various content management systems.

We have used Plesk to create, host and maintain several web applications. It is easy to use and navigate. It offers support for all major content management systems.

Plesk review by Adra G.
Adra G.

"Plesk supports multiple languages"

What do you like best?

Plesk can be accessed using multiple languages thus allowing more people to use the software easily.I like the fact that i can build websites using this platform and access free extensions with no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

Plesk panel limits multitasking where it only allows the use of one database which makes it difficult to use when referring to two different databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk supports mobile devices which makes it easier to control servers and business from anywhere when you are out in the office.

We have benefited from getting a secure features such as malware detection tools and backups of sites.In the developing process it supports different languages such as Python,Java etc thus making it easy to develop applications.

Plesk review by John L.
John L.

"Great way to manage our customer's websites"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all aspects of hosting from a clean UI is a blessing. Updating PHP versions is super simple and all of the extensions and apps are a great value add. Technical support has also been great!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much not to like. We have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't tried, give it a shot!

We spend less time doing routine maintenance on the server environment and are able to put that time to better use.

Plesk review by John W.
John W.

"Easier to manage server"

What do you like best?

Pleak allows me to easier to create virtual hosts and each virtual host has its own user group so that each host is isolation. In case one host is infected, other host will not impacted.

What do you dislike?

Some configurations cannot set in the Plesk panel. Some knowledge in SSH is needed to configure. Their support site regarding completing things in SSH is quite good and easy to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not expensive.

Managing server is time-consuming. Plesk helps manage virtual hosts with less effort and minimum technical knowledge.

Plesk review by Kelvin K.
Kelvin K.

"Reliable web hosting solution"

What do you like best?

Plesk allows us to automate maintainance tasks easily.

It is easy to manage websites, accounts and emails.

It integrates with tools such as Git, NodeJs, Cloudflare and NGINX.

It has an online code editor.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup for Plesk requires someone skilled in web hosting to make the most out of the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is a complete solution for web hosting. It offers all the tools required to design, develop and maintain web applications. It also ease the work of web administrators because some maintenance tasks can be automated.

I have used Plesk to host different websites, manage content management systems, automate maintenance tasks, edit code, manage emails and also store website files.

Plesk review by Trisha K.
Trisha K.

"Reliable platform for testing applications."

What do you like best?

Plesk offers a platform for testing applications and detects problems with the application.It also provides instruments for writing and editing codes for developers.In addition to application deployment it has tools for building ,deploying source code into a hosted application.

What do you dislike?

No faults found on the platform although it is a bit expensive to purchase but other than that it is the best hosting panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For organization looking for a hosting plan that offers security tools ,Plesk is most suitable.Plesk provides features such as spam detection,malware detection and firewall.

It has provided us with sufficient back up and recovery services that has enabled us not to loose any stored data for our organization.

Plesk review by Kelvin K.
Kelvin K.

"Remove and add websites & Domains with Plesk"

What do you like best?

I like the way Plesk makes it easy to undertake a wide range of tasks using a strong and organized web hosting.

Plesk has all the tools that encompass management of websites, Mailboxes and databases in one place.

Plesk offers their services at a favorable cost estimation.

The Applications tool enabled me to install and manage lots of web apps.

Finally, Plesk have great customer support that is available 24/7.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, but I am yet to experience it since I am a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it.

Hosting company mails in one secure place is among the very many things that we relish from Plesk.

Plesk review by Xavi F.
Xavi F.

"Excellent support"

What do you like best?

We switch to Plesk from their competitors for they excellent support and customer service. Most answers for our questions are in a few minutes, and support always give 110%!

What do you dislike?

We encorauge to offer local billing aswell as they ofefer local support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a try, it's a great product that is improving in each version.

We have simplified our deployments with the guarantees of have an excellent support helping us if needed.

Plesk review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Useful backend hosting system"

What do you like best?

Coming from a command line based hosting environment, I have found that Plesk is relatively easy to get used to. It does require somewhat of a learning curve however trying to find out where everything is buried, but does have everything in one spot rather than dotted around like on command line for hosting management setup.

Do like DNS configuration as this is extremely easy to get ones head around rather than the piece meal systems that most other providers use. TTL did require a chat with hosting providers in order to enable this within Plesk.

Also being able to swap and change PHP version is also quite handy expecially when wanting to upgrade to PHP7 when the code is ready, simply click and done other than a huge faff of doing an update via command line.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, everything is there its just a question of finding out exactly where it is buried. Also the other issue is updates to the system can sometimes fail, which require another round the evening later to be successfully completed. On one occasion had PHP-FPM fail due to some configuration issue within the backend of Plesk, our hosting providers were able to sort this with an upgrade to Plesk, perhaps some additional testing by Plesk would route out issues like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check out the manual so you can find everything, failing that contact a 3rd party contractor to give you an hours run through so you can find everything or prepare to be frustrated at where everything is buried!

Hosting platform

Plesk review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Flexible web hosting control panel"

What do you like best?

Plesk offers shared hosting, dedicated hosting and hyperscalers.

It has reliable backup services for servers.

The WordPress toolkit make it easy to install and update WordPress, themes and plugins.

It offers root access to VPS and dedicated servers through SSH.

What do you dislike?

Plesk's premium support is very efficient but needs to be paid too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is a flexible and innovative web hosting solution that offers shared hosting, dedicated servers and hyperscalers. It has packages that suits small and medium sized enterprises as well as large companies.

I have used Plesk to host several web applications and WordPress websites. It is reliable and has little to no downtime.

Plesk review by Ednei S.
Ednei S.

"Plesk panel fast and secure"

What do you like best?

Easy installation, with only one command line the panel is already installed.

Ease of use, all configurations and commands placed in an easy-to-use environment.

Security updates too often.

Variation of versions that suit your usage type, Web Admin Edition, Web Pro Edition, Web Host Edition

What do you dislike?

The value of Web Admin Edition was a bit expensive for only 10 domains.

Improved stability of my sites and better security.

Plesk review by Agency in Computer Networking
Agency in Computer Networking

"Affordable Server Management Software"

What do you like best?

Easily update and manage multiple WordPress sites

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. We would like more access to some Mod Security features and Apache. I suppose there might be some plugins for this but native support would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is not for everyone. If you just need a website it might not be worth the overhead. Otherwise if you manage multiple clients and sites it make sense.

We provide hosting services as a courtesy to our clients. Plesks allows us to offer quality hosting, email and server management at a low cost. It works well with most Linux environments and from our observations is less buggy than Cpanel. Most of our clients use WordPress for their sites and we appreciate that Plesk lets us update and maintain their sites through a single interface.

Plesk review by Hafiz Hassan L.
Hafiz Hassan L.

"One of the best panel available in hosting industry"

What do you like best?

The WordPress Toolkit is one of the best feature available in Plesk and the adaptation of new tech. cPanel is far behind in this race

What do you dislike?

There is not much in this for me. For me Plesk is all good

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally call the plesk, grand father of all panels

Plesk provide us ease to provide shared and reseller hosting services to our clients

Plesk review by Ganesh P.
Ganesh P.

"Powerful Control Panel"

What do you like best?

Plesk is the best control panel for Hosting providers as wells as for customers it is easier to host website and add SSL to website and also i can able to use php controllers.

What do you dislike?

Only the pricing is bit at the higher part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best control panel to host website and resell hosting space.

Solved a big head ache for me, less than an 5 min i had hosted a website.

Plesk review by Administrator

"What Plesk has done for me."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Plesk is the system updates and WordPress Tool kit, the WoredPress tool kit has saved me so much time with deploying and managing Wordpress sites and keeping upto date with updates.

What do you dislike?

one of the things I don't like is not really a dislike but I don't like the fact it's hard to use an external mail system without lots of extra work and tweaking, although 99% of the time this is not required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you wont regret it.

Simplifies the management of hosting and updates freeing up time to do other things.

Plesk review by Rajesh K.
Rajesh K.

"Make hosting easy with Plesk "

What do you like best?

I like the way it is built. It is very easy to use and configure things by using tool in plesk panal.

I easily host a different website in few minutes but in iis I will take some time to complete it.

What do you dislike?

Over all everything is good and I would recommend to everyone who is willing to start a website or host website on their own using plesk

Easy creation of database backup and import and export of databases.

Assign different user for the database with credentials

It reduce lots or manual query works

Plesk review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Very flexible control panel"

What do you like best?

Plesk one of the best control panels I have used so far. Personally, I don;t really have a strong coding experience and Plesk makes it so easy for me to fully utilize the control panel with no coding at all. The UI is amazing and they have a very responsive customer service.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I disliked. If i had any technical issues, customer support will immediately help

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended it is a great tool for managing databases and website. It

We use Plesk to manage the websites for our small business.

Plesk review by Administrator

"Stable yet Feature Dynamic Multi-Tenant Webhosting Platform"

What do you like best?

What I like best about plesk is how stable their product is. They continually release patches & features, however you don't have to worry about an outage.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is website migrations. When an operating server or plesk version goes end of life getting clients to update their site to a supported version can be a challenge.

Hosting a multi-tenant website server that is secure & locked down. Benefits are the stability of the product & auto updates via their WordPress Toolkit has really helped clients keep their site up-to-date.

Plesk review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Good For The Price But Better Services Avalible"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that Plesk is affordable and has an option for every budget. There is a small business plan that is $70 for unlimited use. However, if unlimited use is not needed there are options for a single user or 5 users for a reduced fee.

What do you dislike?

Although I LOVE the price this is also the biggest downfall. A monthly fee can rank up fairly quickly. One year alone for unlimited use is $840. There are other companies that offer the same unlimited services that cost under $500 when a year plan is purchased in full upfront.

Plesk is a reliable webhost service that has a control panel that can be operated/controlled from anywhere by using its Cloud features. This allows the business to adjust their website on the go. Anyone with rights can log on and make the necessary updates. There isn’t a need to download a software and limit use to one device. We are also using the various extensions alliable to design webpages and adjust templates.

Plesk review by Emily C.
Emily C.

"Great for multiple websites management"

What do you like best?

Please has a nice hosting control panel which makes it pretty easy to use. It also works great for hosting SSL on our servers. Plesk is very flexible and there are a lot of plugins available to use. The system is robust and I never experiences any issues.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything serious to say, but sometimes the backups are relatively slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My overall experience with Plesk is great and I highly recommend it.

Plesk helped us to solve all the hosting issues that we had in the past.

Plesk review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Plesk, the best way to host your site"

What do you like best?

Plesk is a simple yet powerful control panel, which can allow even the least technical person host their site, yet also advanced enough to implement complex features to improve yoir site. Plesk support is also extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and have gone above and beyond to help out

What do you dislike?

Plesk is very reliant on its database, which can be troublesome at times

Plesk allows customers i work with to develop their sites and publish them with a minimum of fuss and management, making things easier for all parties.

Plesk review by Shawn O.
Shawn O.

"Keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

They keep it current and are always improving it. There support is quick to help which is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Recent price increase was large but was the first in a very long time and it is still less expensive than cpanel.

It's a control panel for managing websites on a web server. Makes it easy to add websites and manage multiple web sites especially WordPress websites..

Plesk review by Moien V.
Moien V.

"Plesk is one of the oldest Hosting control panel that provide you anything in hosting"

What do you like best?

Control Panel's new theme is I liked more and also software categorize folders. Other hosting control panels are great, but they only work on Linux servers. Plesk has no such restrictions.

What do you dislike?

Different view and not user friendly like other hosting control panel

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple servers, you can control all of them from a single control panel. Plesk is more secure than other hosting control panel and its not only for linux user. It’s a robust cross-platform alternative to cPanel that has many features that cPanel could only dream of.

I used it for a dot net website control panel and it more better than other hosting control panel that support dot net hosting.

Plesk review by Alvin A.
Alvin A.

"Outstanding product "

What do you like best?

I like the easy integration of modern web technologies in one easy service.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about Plesk. It just keeps getting better and better.

The ability to provide our customers with a highly reliable product while lowering administrative workload.

Plesk review by James R.
James R.

"Plesk makes running a web server extremely simple and easy"

What do you like best?

The features offered with the control panel is by far my most valued feature. Having setup multiple web servers manually, having the ability to one-click Let's Encrypt, switch PHP version, etc. is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

The control panel's UI can be quite convoluted, especially when domain count is high. There is definitely a learning curve for newer users as some options aren't always in the expected locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Features and settings within Plesk tend to differ between versions. When searching for information, be sure to be specific about which version of Plesk you are using.

Automated TLS certificates with Let's Encrypt has saved us hours of time and money.

Plesk review by Plamen G.
Plamen G.

"Plesk"

What do you like best?

Plesk security extensions. Comfortable panel. Good monitoring.

What do you dislike?

The high price of security extensions. WEB HOST EDITION for the 5 domain price is $41.25/mo

Recommendations to others considering the product

The direction is correct

What benefits have you realized? I do not have at the moment.

Learn more about Plesk

Plesk Videos

Learning about Plesk?

* We monitor all Plesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(102 reviews)