Plesk

Plesk

Plesk is a cloud-based web hosting control panel that helps run, automate and grow applications, websites and hosting businesses in more than 26 languages across 140 countries in the world. 50% of the top 100 worldwide service providers are partnering with Plesk today.

Work for Plesk?

Learning about Plesk?

Plesk Reviews

Ask Plesk a Question
Showing 54 Plesk reviews
Plesk review by <span>Jonathan Y.</span>
Jonathan Y.

"Forget cPanel, Plesk is the new hotness"

What do you like best?

Plesk brings modern web development and application management to your web server. Forget getting lost in WHM or trying to muck through config files. Plesk offers easy to use pages to manage your websites, SSL certificates, Git pulling, and even Docker containers that forward to those servers. It's beyond easy to use and an immediate win for every company I've ever used it with.

What do you dislike?

Plesk is a little less easy to configure specific server options for those hardcore server admins. It's not impossible to manage these changes, but it definitely requires more work than I'd like it to. Also it's really difficult to manage multiple web servers with Plesk as you don't have a sync option (last I checked).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plesk is ideal for small single servers, rather than giant clusters. If you are a small agency and want to run Wordpress I'd HIGHLY recommend this over ANY OTHER option.

Simplifying time required to publish a website. Most of our small-sized websites no longer require much effort to deploy or maintain. We deploy plesk on both cloud machines and dedicated servers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plesk
Plesk review by <span>Johannes V.</span>
Johannes V.

"Really, really a bad company. A utter disgrace in the webhosting world!"

What do you like best?

Well the product Plesk was almost perfect for almost 15 years. Their pricing was one of the best in the industries. And we experienced Plesk from 7.5.4 to it's current version Plesk Onyx 17.5.3. Sometimes the advertisements are annoying, but still it "was" a good product.

What do you dislike?

We have been a solid partner of Plesk for many, many years (almost 15 years). We went through SWsoft, Parallels, Odin and then back to Plesk during all these years. We never had an issue before, until recently.

Plesk, who are now a separate business entity, decided to increase their pricing. Ofcourse we can live with a price increase. It's normal for companies to increase their prices a "bit", but what Plesk decided is an utter disgrace...!

Pricing increased, for us (a loyal partner of Plesk for many years) by 875%... This is absurd and insane.

Before the price increase we would pay about 1000 USD per month.

...after the price increase we now have to pay almost 5000 USD!

No self-respected company would increase their pricing this way. This is the first time, since we went in business, we have experienced something like this (20+ years).

This is how Plesk nowadays treats their loyal customers / partners. This is really not normal. Plesk really does NOT care about their loyal and long-standing partners. Plesk is, simply put, a DISGRACE!

Obviously we cannot enforce our customers to pay 875% increase, because we received this increase from Plesk. Unlike Plesk we actually do value our customers.

So we decided to look for alternatives, something which we needed to do before. As a result we already canceled over 100 Plesk licenses completely. Another 70 will follow before the beginning of next month and after that we will continue to cancel another 150 licenses.

Because of this despicable treatment of Plesk we decided to bid Plesk completely farewell and use alternatives. So hopefully we can get rid of Plesk completely within 4 - 6 months (over 450 Plesk licenses).

So be warned...

Our conclusion; if you are in the hosting business and you value your money and want to be treated seriously and with respect, then avoid Plesk at all costs...! They are just a bunch of scammers nowadays, really!

Sidenote; I have 100% proof of everything and invoices who can confirm this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doubt we will be a partner for much longer, especially considering the 875% price increase. Other companies are thinking of doing the same as us; drop Plesk completely.

Webhosting business, virtual and dedicated servers, reseller plans and so on.

What Virtual Private Servers (VPS) solution do you use?

Plesk review by <span>Lucas R.</span>
Lucas R.

"Easy solution to run your websites and servers without issues"

What do you like best?

The easiness to have multiple websites up and running in a few minutes.

The Wordpress management is super intuitiv and comes with a lot of extras

I also like the great reactions in the facebook group of Plesk because if you ever encounter a problem there is always someone with a solution.

What do you dislike?

The first setup was a little bit to long but as it is only a first setup it doesn't disturb that much. In the meantime this has changed and a lot of things got optional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and professional way to solve all your hosting problems => Go use Plesk

Hosting and operating multiple websites and web projects. You have everything where you want and need it and thanks to extensions you can nearly do everything inside Plesk without leaving the control panel or switch to another tool.

There was a great blog article about setting up your wordpress with varnishe thanks to the docker integration. After having my testsites live with cache I moved nearly all websites on that server behind the varnish cache. Never thought it is that easy.

Plesk review by <span>Jessica W.</span>
Jessica W.

"Great host for a windows server"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of options for a small web developer to take care of everyday tasks. I had a security breach and Plesk resolved my threat in 5 days. I've never had this type of service from another cPanel. Also find this interface the most straight forward to manage email and accounts on the day to day- it's very easy to troubleshoot and figure out yourself (without any intervention).

What do you dislike?

I find the need to restart frequently to fix bugs- may be some glitches that still need to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use interface, straight forward and easy to navigate. Great for admin and day to day task completion.

Setting up tasks using the time and date feature so i can essentially outsource my work myself in one go.

Plesk review by <span>Dipesh B.</span>
Dipesh B.

"Best admin panel for your VPS"

What do you like best?

There are whole lot of features to talk about. But to keep it short and simple, what Plesk does is that it packages everything you need to manage and deploy modern websites and web apps into very clean and extensible admin. Oe important thing i would like to point out is the security features Plesk provide out of box for Wordpress. Wordpress is extremely vulnerable to attacks and Plesk provide lot of ways to secure it easily.

What do you dislike?

You might have to play around with some configurations to get the desired results, which can be confusing to start with. For example, deploying RubyOnRails app with Capistrano is not that straightforward. You will have to do some changes in configurations to get it going. But once done it is fairly simple process afterwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for web development companies who deliver websites on Wordpress and web apps based on RubyOnRails. Will save you lot of time and hassle.

Prior to Plesk we were building VPS from scratch which as there were no admin panel we liked working with before. Some lack features, some had bad UI, some difficult to configure. In short for one or the other reasons we were not able to use any admin panel, so we used to build VPS from scratch which was very time consuming and required deep knowledge and skills to optimise it. With Plesk we get optimised stack out of box, and it has been so much faster and easier to deploy websites and web apps and keep them secured with SSL and other security features.

Plesk review by <span>Alvaro R.</span>
Alvaro R.

"Simple and functional hosting Panel"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent hosting panel, where I can configure the DNS zone, logs of my domains, emails, make Web content, among others

Tools that allows me that comfortable and simple hosting panel. One of the simple things I love about this panel is that free and I can install on any Linux operating system, in my case I have used it in CentOS and I worked wonders.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike this panel, I feel that I have never had any novelty or annoyance about this wonderful program of free software, this Panel has a support group willing to help you in any concern or if you request information to the service Hosting with which you are affiliated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this panel in a special way for your comfort and ease of performing the configuration so that your domain can point to that server and thus function as a hosting control panel for free

With this panel I solve many commercial things, because my company depends on sales or electronic commerce, I have realized that I can here in a simple way to create post accounts for my employees and thus be able to send to each client information from different Email accounts

Learn more about Plesk

Plesk Downloads

Learning about Plesk?

* We monitor all Plesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.