Plex

Plex Manufacturing Cloud is more a unified ERP software platform designed to also help users manage their manufacturing operations (MOM).

Work for Plex?

Learning about Plex?

Plex Reviews

Showing 12 Plex reviews
Plex review by <span>Zach L.</span>
Zach L.

The best solution for Media Management

What do you like best?

The user interface is top notch, and it is consistent on all platforms. Easy to use and understand with very limited knowledge needed to use.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have a little bit better pricing on the Lifetime Plex Pass. It seems like there are always promos that I am never invited to get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, but I would advise running it from a server and not from a NAS for best compatibility.

If you have a server that has a lot of media files, Plex will help organize and give you playback on a multitude of devices.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plex
Plex review by <span>Lexi O.</span>
Lexi O.

Plex Review

What do you like best?

Plex does a really good job organizing material and making it easily accessible. Plex does a great job keeping track of inventory and cutting out labor hours to do inventory manually.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Plex is that it is very difficult to learn. There are many portals but once you learn them or create short cuts it is simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plex is a great tool once it is learned. It is important to spend plenty of time on Plex to become comfortable and effecient.

I have not had any issues from Plex. The only issues I have ran into is co-workers not using Plex correctly and creating issues later on such as inventory levels being off.

What Quality Management (QMS) solution do you use?

Plex review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Plex

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. It is very functional.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about Plex. It has helped us as a company and enabled me to grow in my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. It is very easy to use and it has great functionality. It solved our biggest problems.

It has solved material Planning problems. We now have components on time. We now have a good relationship with our suppliers because we are not hounding them for components. It has a supplier portal, which has solved supplier issues It has given us the ability to forecast our customer's needs. Plex has taught me so much about our business. It has solved problems with functionality. I love it.

Plex review by <span>Bill L.</span>
Bill L.

Plex - many shortcomings

What do you like best?

I admit the plant floor interface is very nice and easy to use

What do you dislike?

You can get 2 different results on 2 different screens using the same dataset, Support is very "iffy", some days you cannot reach anyone for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont'

Based on what we have found in using the software, we see no benefits

Plex review by User

User friendly streaming

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Ability to easily stream media to home devices.

What do you dislike?

The extra features require additional cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Especially easy for those who are not very tech savvy. Plex makes setting up a media server as simple as installing a smartphone app.

Struggled with having all streamed content on a single network and this eliminated that struggle. The benefit of ease and peace of mind and a more efficient process are just a few of the benefits.

by setting up a home media server, you can put all your content on a single computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device and access it on any phone, computer, or television on the network.

Plex review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Use of Plex by production supervisor

What do you like best?

Plex can be accessed from any computer or smart phone. I like that it is live and can be monitored when away from work if necessary.

What do you dislike?

That I have to put my password in every 90 minutes if I haven't used the system for that time period.

It is much more beneficial to have Plex live versus our past system that wasn't.

Learning about Plex?

* We monitor all Plex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.