Plum

Plum

Plum's mission is to provide every employer with the data they need to predict with certainty the quality of their hires, develop their employees, and transform their company culture. 4X more predictive than a resume, Plum combines Artificial Intelligence with advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to predict which people have the greatest potential for succeeding in any role, in any organization. Plum's proprietary database measures the ability to innovate, work ethic, culture, and more.

Work for Plum?

Learning about Plum?

Plum Reviews

Ask Plum a Question
Showing 18 Plum reviews
Plum review by <span>Michelle G.</span>
Michelle G.

Revolutionized our recruitment process

What do you like best?

We have been able to get a deeper understanding of our candidates and determine what strengths and weaknesses they might have before they are hired. Every employee has received their Professional Development Guide and is creating short/long term goals with their manager. This has revolutionized how our managers interact with their employees while keeping our employees engaged. All hires are now taking custom Plum job matches for the entire company.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the order of the jobs listed in the portal, mark employees as terminated if they do not last, and have statistical data regarding the information already available. The site appears to have some bugs in it - it will frequently crash and take me back to the dashboard, and it will not show the correct number of "great matches" on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see personality summaries that we can share with the employees and managers that are not the scored assessment but not as long as the development guide. This would help me to share personality assessments with mentors and directly with the employees. I would also like to see a candidate area separate from a current employee area. I used the same jobs for all current employees to have assessments and PDG's created - it would be nice to have separate areas for different uses. Also, I cannot mark my current employees as hired because my contract is for a limited amount of hires per year.

I have been able to optimize the candidate choices for managers when recruiting, helped managers understand their current employees, and every current employee is receiving a development guide with their annual review to create goals with their manager. In the future, I plan to use the personality assessments to help pair mentors with new hires and help create a succession plan.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plum
Plum review by <span>Devon L.</span>
Devon L.

Plum Review from a Startup CTO

What do you like best?

I love the personality assessment and pieces of content that potential employees are graded with. They are very insightful and are useful for 1) easily narrowing down the fit, and 2) helpful for interview questions. Along side the personality assessment, the ease of use for potential candidates uploading resumes. We use plum as the last piece of the application process in order to filter down our results even more for potential employees.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the monthly payment system. I actually think it would be more beneficial on a "per" assessment or job description payment. There are months we go without using this and still pay the $200/mo. It is also hard to really manage your "Account" per say. There really isn't an account management page where i can manage users, billing , etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Incredible tool to easily integrate a personality assessment into your hiring process. It really helps you 1) Identify exactly what you are looking for and 2) finds the best matches for what you are looking for. The people we have hired through using plum are not always the "HIGHEST" match, but they are a solid match that helps distinguish what you are looking for in a potential candidate.

The biggest problem we've solved is narrowing down potential candidates for interviews. We've noticed that the actual hires that we have made are not the "highest" PLUM score, but have all been at least 60 or above match for the position profile.

What Pre-Employment Testing solution do you use?

Plum review by <span>Alex  M.</span>
Alex M.

Nailing hiring profile with Plum

What do you like best?

This system helped us in 3 very strategic ways.

1) It created incredible alignment with all hiring managers and forced critical conversations about what we were looking for in candidates. As a result, we had much quicker highers and recruiters had a clearer picture of what hiring managers were looking for.

2) It reduced our time to fill roles. It helped our team bring in higher probability candidates, which meant less interviews, higher quality candidates, and a shorter interview process (less interviews required).

Our hiring team loved the ease of use and found the profiles very accurate in terms of matching to what they were looking for.

The Plum team also did an amazing job helping us create the right criteria and aligning our job descriptions to this criteria.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of too much that I didn't like. The only thing I can think of is that I had a Plum rep join me in some meetings to help explain the different plum factors and help our team understand which factors were co-orelated to "big 5". Perhaps there is a way to integrate the co-relation of the "big 5" in the criteria.

1) Reducing time to hire - better candidates brought in. Less interview time required.

2) Defining the right profile - As hiring managers define what is required for the role, this system provides an objective and simple method

Plum review by <span>Chris D.</span>
Chris D.

Intuitive, simple and effective

What do you like best?

The results. We have used Plum to evaluate candidates for positions ranging from managers to drivers. The candidates Plum profile has been a reliable predictor of success in each of the positions we've filled in the past year and a half using it.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. I'd like to upgrade from the Basic level in order to access more features, but I don't have the openings to justify the increased cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the jump.

We've streamlined our hiring process by requiring every candidate to complete the Plum profile before reviewing their resume. By beginning our evaluation process by reviewing candidates with the highest scoring Plum profile we have identified the best candidates much more quickly.

By being able to invite other team members to create the profile criteria I'm able to get better buy-in on the hires I make.

Plum review by <span>Zac P.</span>
Zac P.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

This is one of the best personality profile tests I've ever used

What do you like best?

It seems like the results are strikingly accurate. One thing I really appreciate is that is not only a "good traits" only test. It tests all facets of personality (arguably good and bad) and allow you to see those results. It allows you to set what you need for the role and see the alignment of that person to the role in a very objective manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could search a little better through the results. Alerting of new completed test via email would be nice too.

We use this on all prospective candidates for our company and we also use it for current staff. It helps us figure out who fits and how to work with current personality types.

Plum review by <span>Katie W.</span>
Katie W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

It's been a great prescreening tool to get hiring managers involved in the first round of selection

What do you like best?

It sorts all the resumes and applications by title and houses them in one easy to use platform. I like that you can add other team members and managers to collaborate on the process as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to you drag and drop the resume files more easily into another location.

Hiring for fit and not just the knowledge and skills candidates possess. Plum helps validate some of the attributes people put on their resumes- eg problem solving, organization, social intelligence, etc.

We've realized you still have to use this platform in conjunction with other screening techniques- phone interviews, access cultural fit. But it's a good first step that helps narrow down the shortlist of resumes.

Learn more about Plum

Plum Videos

Learning about Plum?

* We monitor all Plum reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.