Plum

Plum's mission is to provide every employer with the data they need to predict with certainty the quality of their hires, develop their employees, and transform their company culture. 4X more predictive than a resume, Plum combines Artificial Intelligence with advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to predict which people have the greatest potential for succeeding in any role, in any organization. Plum's proprietary database measures the ability to innovate, work ethic, culture, and more.

Work for Plum?

Learning about Plum?

Plum Reviews

Ask Plum a Question
Showing 28 Plum reviews
Plum review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Easy to use, insightful hiring tool!"

What do you like best?

Plum is so easy to use that you can't get lost or confused, and the results are immediate and actionable - it's been so helpful to us as we aim to slim down from hundreds of applications per job to a manageable and high-quality quantity .

You can also plug Plum into multiple other hiring softwares (eg. Greenhouse) and use it to improve your insights on hires as well as test for critical role criteria right at the start of your hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced any real downsides to the Plum software yet - it's intuitive and works well as a standalone or a plug-in tool. No hesitations in recommending it.

It's just so much easier to screen for great candidates who match a specific role's criteria. It's also an easy way for multiple members of a hiring team to have input into what makes for a great 'match' or hire.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plum
Plum review by Michelle G.
Michelle G.

"Revolutionized our recruitment process"

What do you like best?

We have been able to get a deeper understanding of our candidates and determine what strengths and weaknesses they might have before they are hired. Every employee has received their Professional Development Guide and is creating short/long term goals with their manager. This has revolutionized how our managers interact with their employees while keeping our employees engaged. All hires are now taking custom Plum job matches for the entire company.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the order of the jobs listed in the portal, mark employees as terminated if they do not last, and have statistical data regarding the information already available. The site appears to have some bugs in it - it will frequently crash and take me back to the dashboard, and it will not show the correct number of "great matches" on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see personality summaries that we can share with the employees and managers that are not the scored assessment but not as long as the development guide. This would help me to share personality assessments with mentors and directly with the employees. I would also like to see a candidate area separate from a current employee area. I used the same jobs for all current employees to have assessments and PDG's created - it would be nice to have separate areas for different uses. Also, I cannot mark my current employees as hired because my contract is for a limited amount of hires per year.

I have been able to optimize the candidate choices for managers when recruiting, helped managers understand their current employees, and every current employee is receiving a development guide with their annual review to create goals with their manager. In the future, I plan to use the personality assessments to help pair mentors with new hires and help create a succession plan.

What Pre-Employment Testing solution do you use?

Plum review by Devon L.
Devon L.

"Plum Review from a Startup CTO"

What do you like best?

I love the personality assessment and pieces of content that potential employees are graded with. They are very insightful and are useful for 1) easily narrowing down the fit, and 2) helpful for interview questions. Along side the personality assessment, the ease of use for potential candidates uploading resumes. We use plum as the last piece of the application process in order to filter down our results even more for potential employees.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the monthly payment system. I actually think it would be more beneficial on a "per" assessment or job description payment. There are months we go without using this and still pay the $200/mo. It is also hard to really manage your "Account" per say. There really isn't an account management page where i can manage users, billing , etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Incredible tool to easily integrate a personality assessment into your hiring process. It really helps you 1) Identify exactly what you are looking for and 2) finds the best matches for what you are looking for. The people we have hired through using plum are not always the "HIGHEST" match, but they are a solid match that helps distinguish what you are looking for in a potential candidate.

The biggest problem we've solved is narrowing down potential candidates for interviews. We've noticed that the actual hires that we have made are not the "highest" PLUM score, but have all been at least 60 or above match for the position profile.

Plum review by Alex  M.
Alex M.

"Nailing hiring profile with Plum"

What do you like best?

This system helped us in 3 very strategic ways.

1) It created incredible alignment with all hiring managers and forced critical conversations about what we were looking for in candidates. As a result, we had much quicker highers and recruiters had a clearer picture of what hiring managers were looking for.

2) It reduced our time to fill roles. It helped our team bring in higher probability candidates, which meant less interviews, higher quality candidates, and a shorter interview process (less interviews required).

Our hiring team loved the ease of use and found the profiles very accurate in terms of matching to what they were looking for.

The Plum team also did an amazing job helping us create the right criteria and aligning our job descriptions to this criteria.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of too much that I didn't like. The only thing I can think of is that I had a Plum rep join me in some meetings to help explain the different plum factors and help our team understand which factors were co-orelated to "big 5". Perhaps there is a way to integrate the co-relation of the "big 5" in the criteria.

1) Reducing time to hire - better candidates brought in. Less interview time required.

2) Defining the right profile - As hiring managers define what is required for the role, this system provides an objective and simple method

Plum review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Intuitive, simple and effective"

What do you like best?

The results. We have used Plum to evaluate candidates for positions ranging from managers to drivers. The candidates Plum profile has been a reliable predictor of success in each of the positions we've filled in the past year and a half using it.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. I'd like to upgrade from the Basic level in order to access more features, but I don't have the openings to justify the increased cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the jump.

We've streamlined our hiring process by requiring every candidate to complete the Plum profile before reviewing their resume. By beginning our evaluation process by reviewing candidates with the highest scoring Plum profile we have identified the best candidates much more quickly.

By being able to invite other team members to create the profile criteria I'm able to get better buy-in on the hires I make.

Plum review by Zac P.
Zac P.

"This is one of the best personality profile tests I've ever used"

What do you like best?

It seems like the results are strikingly accurate. One thing I really appreciate is that is not only a "good traits" only test. It tests all facets of personality (arguably good and bad) and allow you to see those results. It allows you to set what you need for the role and see the alignment of that person to the role in a very objective manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could search a little better through the results. Alerting of new completed test via email would be nice too.

We use this on all prospective candidates for our company and we also use it for current staff. It helps us figure out who fits and how to work with current personality types.

Plum review by Katie W.
Katie W.

"It's been a great prescreening tool to get hiring managers involved in the first round of selection "

What do you like best?

It sorts all the resumes and applications by title and houses them in one easy to use platform. I like that you can add other team members and managers to collaborate on the process as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to you drag and drop the resume files more easily into another location.

Hiring for fit and not just the knowledge and skills candidates possess. Plum helps validate some of the attributes people put on their resumes- eg problem solving, organization, social intelligence, etc.

We've realized you still have to use this platform in conjunction with other screening techniques- phone interviews, access cultural fit. But it's a good first step that helps narrow down the shortlist of resumes.

Plum review by Bhavana H.
Bhavana H.

"Assessment beyond Interviews"

What do you like best?

I love the way the candidate gets an assessment for their own use which gives them a good idea of their strengths. As a HR, I really like how each category is broken down and explained in detail.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do not like is how I cannot forward or email a candidate's assessment to someone in the hiring panel. I need to take a printout and either scan that or hand them a hard copy, both of which are cumbersome methods.

It helps us to convince the hiring team (when there is no consensus) that a candidate will be a good fit culturally for us. Many times that has been proved as well.

Plum review by User

"Adding a little more certainty to hiring"

What do you like best?

What we like best is that you can't game the software. Our team has tried gaming it several times and been successful so it's nice to know that what we see for scoring is truly a reflection of the applicant. Other tools that I have tried in the past made it very obvious what the question was trying to assess. This made it very easy to submit answers which an applicant might think align with the kind of response our company was hoping to receive. By making the gaming function nearly impossible, we ensure that the personality scores and grades received align with the true personality of the candidate.

What do you dislike?

I wish Plum had additional functionality to handle the complete cycle of hiring. Functionality I would like to see would include job posting and custom questionnaires and scoring, applicant tracking and automated responses, and performance reviews. Essentially one tool to take care of our hiring and ongoing personnel needs. I think as a pure personality assessment tool Plum is great. I just wish they would add additional functionality so I could avoid having to use so many products and disparate systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared several other products and found Plum to be one of the best at personality assessments that avoid gaming.

Better understanding the personalities of our applicants to find the best possible employees. Helping us to reduce the number of bad hires that we make and retain employees longer. This ultimately leads to better customer satisfaction and fewer bumps and hurdles as our company quickly grows and scales.

Plum review by Dorothy W.
Dorothy W.

"Leader, Strategic Talent Projects"

What do you like best?

the predictive validity of the tool and the awesome customer service.

What do you dislike?

The current version of the platform is clunky and not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing tool!

Assessing at the top of the recruitment funnel to save time for more meaningful conversations for phone screens and in person interviews. We have started to see historical trends of what our hiring managers prioritize for roles and how that matches to our applicants.

Plum review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Excellent tool to scrub through high volumes of applicants"

What do you like best?

Being able to personalize the score matching criteria against a role model is impressive. It is also great to be able to identify potential issues with the candidate that score unusually low in any category. Problem-solving might not be very important for a specific role but do you want someone with four out 100 scores on that?

What do you dislike?

Lack of seamless integration in HR management platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to understand the accuracy try scoring your own people first. You'll recognize quickly that you can learn many things about your team at a much earlier stage.

Understanding candidates soft skills

Plum review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Interesting recruitment tool."

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to get the interview questions from plum to be tailored to the position that I am looking to fill. I also feel the badges are helpful to get a good sense of what a candidates strengths are.

What do you dislike?

I feel sometime the tool can be very inaccurate and occasionally misleading. Candidates have noted that they feel the tool does not always accurately portrait them and their ability.

Plum is being used as a recruitment tool and a development tool to help employees know some of their areas of strength and areas they may want to develop.

Plum review by Hashem A.
Hashem A.

"Invaluable aid in shortlisting candidates"

What do you like best?

I liked that it provided an independent guide to some key character attributes that we could use to shortlist candidates.

What do you dislike?

That I had to download each resume or cover letter to view it! It would be nice to just get an in-window quick view.

Making sure we hire good people that are a cultural and personality fit for our roles.

Plum review by User

"Super helpful at filtering candidates and preparing for interviews!"

What do you like best?

I love that the Plum platform helps me to identify top candidates without filtering through hundreds of resumes. It's also really helpful at identifying areas to talk through with the candidates in an interview, and in identifying areas where we may need to coach the candidate after hire. I've made a number of hires through Plum with 100% success rate on great people!

What do you dislike?

The manager profile can take a little time to create, but it's worth the work.

Finding the right candidates for open roles.

Plum review by Administrator

"Informative and Accurate"

What do you like best?

I like how you can compare your existing staff with applicants - We have some serious rockstar employees that we'd like to compare with our future hires. We also have had some not so rockstar employees that we compare with future hires (helps us weed out potential bad hires).

What do you dislike?

I wish the results stayed "New" until you clicked on the name to review the score and assessment.

We have realized the benefits of creating a match criteria based on our high performing staff.

Plum review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Joshua O'Grady - Sprout - Review of Plum Product"

What do you like best?

Shortlisting of candidates, ability to pinpoint exact matches for team success rates of new hires.

What do you dislike?

Length of time to complete seems to be something candidates can have a challening time with. It is important to detail to users how long it may take them to avoid non-complete profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Educate yourself as much as you can on this product. It is imperative you learn the functionality to see the true ability it possesses.

Screening and placing talent within specific teams of Tech companies.

Plum review by Bill G.
Bill G.

"95 % spot on for what my skills are"

What do you like best?

You cannot cheat the system you are giving your thoughts without know what the manager is looking for in an ideal candidate

What do you dislike?

Nothing. In 26 years of HR it is far better than any other screen tool I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We will be launching it globally in the next few months after testing it in Cleveland for over a year.

If allows data driven back up to help drive decisions for managers. Also if is a tool that can help break a tie between two similar candidates.

Plum review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Significant Reduced Time and Cost Associated with Hiring"

What do you like best?

- Plum uses intelligent data points curated from our organizational culture and role definitions to produce a short-list of top-tier candidates for each job posting, making it easier to identify best fit candidates

- Plum significantly reduces the speed and cost associated with filling open positions

What do you dislike?

- Certain advanced features (which are on the product roadmap) require manual assistance from the support team. This issue is offset by the fact that the support team is great to interact with.

Hiring -- speed and cost reduction.

Plum review by Rachel E.
Rachel E.

"Plum Review"

What do you like best?

I was able to hire the best candidate for a position, a candidate that I normally would have missed in a traditional CV screen.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I'm very happy with the product although my experience has been limited.

N/A

Plum review by Administrator

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

Does a good job of quantifying the how well a prospective employee's personality aligns with the team. Helps prevent hiring a skilled candidate whose personality clashes with the team.

What do you dislike?

I have hired some candidates who had scores in 60 & 70s, but they turned out to be a perfect fit.

Helps us filter out candidates who may be qualified skill wise for the position, but are a bad personality fit, so we don't waste time interviewing those candidates.

Plum review by User

"Plum helps to narrow search for quality candidates."

What do you like best?

The Plum program is great in matching up applicants with our base criteria when searching for first round interview candidates. It is also easy to separate out and create a list of the applicants that have potential.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that every cover letter and/or resume must be downloaded in order to be viewed.

Plum is streamlining my hiring/interviewing process. Definitely a time saver!

Plum review by Leigh H.
Leigh H.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

provides key insights that allow for more in depth interviewing

What do you dislike?

More reporting and cohort analysis would be nice.

Can accurately and quickly identify someone's strengths and weaknesses.

Plum review by Dan Lucas - CPA, A.
Dan Lucas - CPA, A.

"Easy to use and highly valuable tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use.

Organized.

Easy to teach others.

Simple yet impactful.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more people get "plum scores" and it becomes a type of job currency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial and use it a lot!

screening candidates, saving a lot of time, getting great interview questions, avoiding bad hires

Plum review by User

"Good tool for recruiting and hiring"

What do you like best?

With Plum, we are able to compare the scores of potential employees with the scores of our top performers. This enables us to better evaluate the personalities of our applicants and aids in determining who is qualified to work at our company. Plum profiles give realistic and accurate insight into the true personalities of individuals.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plum is a valuable tool for recruiters and hiring managers.

We are hiring more qualified individuals thanks to Plum.

Plum review by User in Computer Software

"Plum is a critical part of our hiring process."

What do you like best?

It helps get to the true nature of our applicants.

What do you dislike?

I would like to control the profile of the position - select which characteristics are important to that job without doing the selection part.

Helps make better hires which altimately assists in reducing turnover costs.

Plum review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Plum"

What do you like best?

I love the different categories for job and potential success. I also like the candidate facing version that is sent as well as the more detailed version for the hiring side.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a feature to go back 6-12 months post hire to evaluate against the plum job profile and actual job success.

Learning potential candidates and employees at a deeper level right away vs 6-12 months into the job.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

Love the problem solving section. Makes filtering candidates a snap.

What do you dislike?

Not so sure about the vagueness of the ratings

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it before making a decision

hiring

Plum review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Easy to use, thorough"

What do you like best?

I like that the survey allowed multiple users to establish the baseline.

What do you dislike?

The questions took a little longer than the survey implied at the start.

We were using it to filter prospective employees. We've also been able to show similarities in selling styles of current successful employees.

Learn more about Plum

Plum Videos

Learning about Plum?

* We monitor all Plum reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.