Pluralsight

Pluralsight

Pluralsight provides online training courses for developers and IT professionals.

Work for Pluralsight?

Learning about Pluralsight?

Pluralsight Reviews

Ask Pluralsight a Question
Showing 175 Pluralsight reviews
Pluralsight review by Crystal P.
Crystal P.

"Pluralsight is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I am a visual learner so for me it is a great fit. I also loved the roll out of Roll IQ and Skill IQ, so I can have better a measurement for my current level and where I want to go. I love the variety of content. Even the content not specific to my job. I know this learning platform will just get better and better with time.

What do you dislike?

I've not yet found anything I dislike. Pluralsight has exceeded my expectations! If I were to have anything to mention, it would be that I wish I had access to Pluralsight years ago. It would have been so much easier to change careers with this kind of education at my fingertips.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make Pluralsight available to all employees. You will never know which user will take this education and grow beyond your imagination. You will empower them and as a result strengthen & grow your company through your people from the inside.

I am a entry level Data Analyst and I felt It may be very difficult to learn some of the IT languages and skills needed. With PluralSight as a learning partner I now feel empowered to reach my business goals. It is my desire to be a developer and I know with this learning platform I will indeed reach my goal. I also now realize what has been missing in my learning in the past. This far exceeds anything I have had access to.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pluralsight
Pluralsight review by Abhijeet P.
Abhijeet P.

"Wonderful Virtual Classroom!!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use.

Up-skill your knowledge to the fullest by using this tool/platform.

Almost every courses are available in terms of Technology is concerned.

We are glad our company has tie up with this and provided access to this huge data collection.

Session are very interesting and assignments are very nicely created.

What do you dislike?

I'm still not sure there are any dislikes but as end user perspective it will be expensive to get license for this which I heard but personally never face this as my company has already tie up with pluralsight.

NON IT courses are limited as compare to other online training providers like udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my handy guider - I can enroll any courser any time and start learning on it. HIGHLY recommended. there are total 5000+ courses available. ENROLL NOW :)

If you don't have plural sight access at your company kindly ask or raise this concern as this is real need and very nice collection which you shouldn't miss at any cost.

We have separate goal for this and we have to complete 2 training in month apart from our daily work.

Enroll now and explore to the fullest for your personal and professional growth.

I have explored many things beyond I had think when I started learning. this is real beauty and everybody should start using it.

countless benefits which I can tell you. This is real need in IT.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Pluralsight review by Samantha E.
Samantha E.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I really like the gamification and the tests at the beginning so more advanced users aren't repeating knowledge and beginners can start at the very beginning. I also like seeing how the skills match up with others. Also I think the UI and appearance of the portals are very good as well as the content. Pluralsight does a great job with authoring great courses.

What do you dislike?

I wish their were more courses offered, I know this is very hard-tech oriented but I would like to see more courses in instructional design like Camtasia, Captivate etc. Some of the courses are a bit out of date which can be frustrating for a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It isn't pricey and it meets our needs. Check the course catalogs before signing up to make sure the courses will satisfy your requirements. Best in the industry, no doubt. Also, I go to school in the area and while this isn't a huge consideration, I would love to work at Pluralsight and the company is definitely a solid one, both in the industry and in the local community.

I am helping my company provide training on new and current software without utilizing current staff. Also if we get a new tool, utilizing the training would be an asset to get the organization on the same page without arduous workshops.

Pluralsight review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Learn At Your Own Pace"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about this educational platform is that you can pick the courses that best interest you and your skill set. It has a ton of options to choose from.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part would have to be the design of the platform, it's not as user friendly as other educational apps. I also wish they a learn as you go type of feature, where you can take quizzes while you learn to retain information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest people to definitely check it out, it has a ton of educational courses that will help your employees grow through their careers. It's definitely worth the money!!

I'm furthering my skill set with Pluralsight to become a more rounded marketer through this platform. Pluralsight has enhanced my knowledge on a wide range of topics.

Pluralsight review by Ai A.
Ai A.

"Plural Sight"

What do you like best?

Plural Sight used to be Digital Tutors and it was part of a learning resource that I have as a college instructor. I find the videos very clear and love the fact that resources were provided with the videos for students to follow along. You can also bookmark and add videos to your learning library. I can also get a record of my training to submit for professional development.

What do you dislike?

Some of the videos are part of a greater project and can be quite lengthy. Suggestion: perhaps they can create some 5-10 mins. video on learning a specific tool in depth; rather than just using it in a project and entering the attributes for the tool; but not knowing why the attributes were changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource for learning just about any software.

Modeling and animation: part of what I teach in college

Pluralsight review by Emma B.
Emma B.

"Me ha ayudad much'isimo"

What do you like best?

Todos los cursos disponibles han sido explicados de manera muy profesional por expertos internacionales de la industria con la ayuda de videos de cursos fáciles de entender.

Se puede rastrear su progreso general en el aprendizaje con la opción de evaluaciones previas y posteriores para el módulo del curso que proporciona una mejor idea de dónde se encuentra realmente antes de que comience la fase de aprendizaje y después de la fase de aprendizaje.

Siempre puedo repetir cualquier módulo en particular si no está claro para mí en el primer intento por un número ilimitado de veces. Por lo tanto, definitivamente es mejor que las sesiones en el aula donde la repetición no se puede hacer.

También ofrecen un certificado para aprobar las evaluaciones con éxito.

What do you dislike?

No hay videos disponibles para el nivel experto. Sería genial ver esa característica también, ya que a veces es necesario mirar los videos para entender el concepto fácilmente.

Debido a las diferencias en el entorno, la sección de ejercicios se atasca a veces lo que me confunde y no puedo entender mi error.

Al usar XML en lugar de http, obtuve 5 instancias diferentes de un ícono, mientras que debería haber visto solo 1. Por lo tanto, este es un inconveniente importante de Pluralsight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pluralsight tiene un sólido catálogo de cursos que comienza desde los niveles principiante hasta avanzado. Es ideal para alguien que quiere mejorar su conocimiento sobre las últimas tendencias, tecnologías y lenguajes de programación. Explorar los cursos es muy fácil usando filtros como cursos populares, nivel de experiencia y más. Cursos como Java, Microsoft y Android han sido explicados de una manera muy detallada para que todos puedan entenderlo.

He estado usando Pluralsight para aprender el lenguaje de programación Swift, en un nivel de principiante. Con la ayuda de Pluralsight, lo aprendí casi en 20-25 días, que es un tiempo de respuesta muy rápido y también lo uso para actualizar mis habilidades en el desarrollo de iOS. Proporciona tutoriales de video de muy alta calidad y me sorprendió ver la explicación del contenido y su profundidad explicada de una manera muy fácil y simple.

Pluralsight review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Solution for both exploration and mastery"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of topics available on Pluralsight and their instructors are great. I like the format of small chapters and the player lets me listen at a faster speed so I get through the content that I'm familiar with quicker.(I wish I could have fast forwarded some of my college instructors like that...) They have topics that get pretty advanced, which means you can get fairly good mastery on a subject. They probably won't get you the mastery, but they point you in the right direction, and that is huge.

They do a really good job of providing content in bite-size chunks with code examples. The technology changes rapidly and I've been impressed with how well they keep up.

They're adding new features to help with finding relevant instructional content for the desired skills.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I've ended up on an outdated training course and didn't notice till halfway through. They do a good job of keeping current, but there's so much content sometimes I get lost in it all.

Learning/teaching is hard. If you don't relate or don't understand an instructor sometimes there isn't another source for the same material and you either struggle through or find the learning content somewhere else.

Some topics that I would like to learn about have fairly sparse course options, I know they are adding more all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are trials (2 weeks to 2 months) available. I'd definitely give it a trial run to make sure it will fit your needs; i.e. that they have the content you need, that you like the learning format, etc.). Also, it's worth it even to take some of their assessments to see where you measure up on skill levels. They have several levels, even the basic level is awesome, but definitely check out the higher level.

I used Pluralsight to brush up on my skills before looking for a new job so that I was at the top of my game for interviews. We started using Angular, and Plurasight was the best intro to that technology that I found. I've also used it to learn some in-depth tricks for using Adobe's programs to get a specific task done as that's not my specialty.

Pluralsight review by Parker J.
Parker J.

"Pluralsight gives me the tools to improve myself at work and at home"

What do you like best?

I love the skill paths along with skill IQ. The skill IQs provide me with a way to benchmark myself against the rest of the industry. Then if I don't rank where I want to be, the skill paths direct me to the courses I need to get myself on track.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that most of the analytic tools are locked down for administrators. I don't need to see analytics about anyone else, but I would like to see more analytics about myself. How much time I spent in the platform, which areas I use most, which topics, etc...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pluralsight is an incredible resource for those who thirst for knowledge and put in the time to get it. However, Pluralsight is not as interactive as some of its competitors. It is up to you find a way to practice the skills discussed in most courses. This is great for proactive users or for users with access to the materials they need; however, it can render the platform ineffective for those who don't have access to the necessary resources.

Pluralsight is where I go when I need a deep dive of a technology that we are considering implementing into our software stack. Pluralsight has allowed me to go from zero to expert and several technologies faster than I used to be able to do the same with a single technology. It also provides me with the tools and resources I need to help my team do the same.

Pluralsight review by Brad T.
Brad T.

"Great Content and Always Improving"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create channels and assign them to my team. I get to see what they are training on and ensure they are staying on the track that was prescribed. I also have the ability to see who is using the platform and how long they are training. This is invaluable for someone like me who is traveling and manages teams across the country

What do you dislike?

One feature I would like to see is alerting. Prescribe a certain channel or track and set a due date. Project based upon time already trained (progress) versus time remaining to complete. Send an alert to the team member as well as their manager if it looks like they will not complete in time. This will prompt a discussion for remediation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take note of the different plans available. The team analytics are a HUGE feature to have if you manage teams and will make your life a lot easier when it comes to managing training.

Instead of having to train my team myself, or have more senior staff train them I can prescribe their training. This frees up my valuable time and the time of other team members. In business terms I have a greater opportunity cost. The freed up time and cost to have a team member train allows them do accomplish other business objectives.

Pluralsight review by Amber H.
Amber H.

"For Nearly All of Your Learning Needs!"

What do you like best?

I love the sheer amount of courses and material covered. It's not only technical knowledge but also best practices and soft skills. The site itself is easy to navigate and the UX is great. The analytic tools are also a nifty addition for getting an idea of who in your department is using the resources and confirming attendance. User management is also effortless. Another great feature is the skill reporting which shows you your weaknesses and strengths compared with others.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest; there's not much here to dislike. For the value and the services being offered, you can't go wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! The value this provides is a no brainer!

Pluralsight provides cutting edge resources for many different established and emerging technologies.

Pluralsight review by Oleg K.
Oleg K.

"Best in self-education for computer pros"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight has a number of courses on new and emerging computer technologies for everyone's taste - be it AngularJS, Big Data or Machine Learning. Users can count on each topic to have several courses available at every level - from beginner to expert. New courses are frequently posted online. Pluralsight also offers organizational subscriptions - so it's easy to get access to its libraries if several employees recommend this to their employer. And offline course-viewing app allows access to courses with no Internet (e.g. on a plane).

What do you dislike?

The latest update to online GUI has a dark color scheme (non-customizable) which is difficult to view. Also, specific courses may not be available on there. Sometimes Udemy and others have more specialized course selections than Pluralsight. I wish they had course request feature on their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pluralsight also partnered with Code School which has some awesome practical courses as well - included with business subscription. But check other resources (like Udemy or Coursera) first - they may be different in the amount and concentration of courses available.

Staying on top of rapidly emerging new computing technologies. Utilizing course recommendations and often accompanying websites that course authors provide - makes it easy to learn new courses and communicate with the authors.

Pluralsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Learn Something New Every Day!"

What do you like best?

I primarily use PluralSight for Adobe design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator. The best and most helpful part about utilizing PS is the "courses" that are arranged by proficiency and difficulty. The courses are chronicled in a way that makes sense to learning the program, and the "teacher" uploads their working files so that you can download and follow along.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike - I learn something new every time I open this interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company gives us a PS subscription, but I believe they give a free trial. If you're on the fence about using, I URGE you to try the trial. It's a great program.

At my job I primarily use Adobe Illustrator. Because my company offers a PS subscription for free, I decided to begin watching courses for this program. I began learning how to execute things differently and more efficiently on day one. At first I was afraid of Illustrator, but it has become such a second-nature tool for me.

Pluralsight review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"Fantastic to learn at your own pace."

What do you like best?

I like the fact I can pick from a range of topics on a whole bunch of things, whether it is C# or integrating web application pipelines. The interface is easy to use and quite useful to come up with my own course structure.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost. For a personal user it is quite expensive, but with company backing it is a fantastic resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can afford it. users will definitely see benefit from it, as there are a range of topics that courses are provided for.

Helps me learn about any technology shortcomings I have. If there is a technology I haven't used yet, it is there to help cover that.

Pluralsight review by Bruce S.
Bruce S.

"Timely expanding business-relevant courses from experts"

What do you like best?

New material, growing library, personable, knowledgeable instructors, and most courses offer direct access to the instructors via message-boards for the class.

What do you dislike?

Pluralsight is not "inexpensive." The benefit to me in my career, however, is immeasurable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may be able to find discounted trial enrollments. These cannot be extended to full ongoing subscriptions, so you may lose bookmarks, favorites or course progress if you switch accounts along the way. But get in, get used to the presentations, and immerse yourself in the rich content available & watch for catalog additions to this timely resource.

Integrating Salesforce with other systems, learning about API standards such as Swagger, learning development on the force.com platform, learning node.js.

Pluralsight review by Dennis B.
Dennis B.

"Pluralsight is critical to my business's training needs."

What do you like best?

There are so many topics and so many lessons taught by great instructors. The instructors are recognizable industry experts. We regularly use Pluralsight to stay current or deep dive into new technologies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the videos are too long. I would like a choice between cut-to-the-chase lessons and deep dive lessons. Overall course length isn't as much the issue as individual lesson length.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The lessons are taught by industry experts! The content is updated often. The topics are relevant to today's business problems.

Staying current on ever-changing technologies. Pluralsight allows us to fill gaps in our knowledge and be better consultants. We are able to offer more value to our clients.

Pluralsight review by Benjamin Z.
Benjamin Z.

"Informative and fulfilling, although confusing to use."

What do you like best?

I'm able to learn about almost any software I'm interested in, with a wide variety of topics. I'm very happy to be able to keep on top of the current software despite no longer being in school and being a working professional. Very competitive to Lynda.com, the breadth of software covered is almost overwhelming.

What do you dislike?

Since getting access to Pluralsight, I've had issues accessing my account intermittently. Sometimes I'm redirected to the older Digital Tutors, and sometimes I'm directed to Pluralsight. And it seems that login won't always work depending on what site i've been redirected to. It's been frustrating enough that it has stopped me from using the site from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found Pluralsight to be competitive with Lynda.com. I had previously been using Lynda.com on a regular basis and found very little disadvantages to switching to Pluralsight instead.

I've been trying to learn software independently, and on my own time. Pluralsight has given me the confidence to use software I otherwise was unfamiliar with, without having to bother other people at work to teach me software from the beginning.

Pluralsight review by Felipe R.
Felipe R.

"Easy to follow"

What do you like best?

I've been used this platform since it was called by digital tutors. Very easy to navigate and follow, the online courses are well design to teach specific skill in short time. For sure the high number of options to choose from the quality of the video/classes are what I like the best. All courses are well designed and can be used by students or professionals with no problem. The content offered is extremely vast. It was a great opportunity for to keep on top of the current software despite no longer being in college/school.

What do you dislike?

Price for individual is quite high. I was sponsored by my college so I was able to use it with no problem. When my subscription ended, I decided not to continue because the price for individual. Maybe more incentives such, 1 moth trial or discounts will help if they can not reduce the fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for support and great content, Pluralsight may be the best choice. With expert-led on online training for years, I certify that is a great platform for online training if you do not have much time to dig on the internet for free content. However, the price for individual is still high.

Training. The website support me with training for multiple softwares, such Maya and AfterEffects.

Pluralsight review by Donovon C.
Donovon C.

"A great way to learn and expand your career prospects"

What do you like best?

Want to hear a subject from an expert? With Pluralsight, now you can. With videos and courses on a multitude of topics relating to tech, marketing and business in general, it's very easy to find classes on subjects you will need to know about from people who are SME's or in some cases have close relation to the originators of such topics.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be problematic at times, but that is adaptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give your employees time on the clock to complete training. Having access to the tool is helpful, but sometimes a little motivation will help beyond one's drive to expand their own horizons. A little bit of incentive to complete the training and also learn from it would have been helpful in the particular situation I used Pluralsight in.

It's easy for employees to log in and do the training assigned to them and for managers to track their progress. Having access to pluralsight helps to let techs go in and get training on things that make them more valuable to the company, while also making the employee more marketable. In short it's an easy way to grow employees while simultaneously showing them you care.

Pluralsight review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"Pluralsight"

What do you like best?

It's great that I can re-visit any sections or modules as many times as needed. I have never had any trouble finding a course I wanted to either learn or polish up on.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more Certified courses

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great educational tool, I have recommended this to friends and have never heard any bad feedback

As i'm at a junior level within my company it's great for both me and my manager to track my progress, also it helps if I come across something i'm not 100% about, just simply log in and like I said I have never had trouble finding anything before.

Pluralsight review by Mohit S.
Mohit S.

"Great Resource for learning a new tool or technology"

What do you like best?

It's a great resource for learning a new tool or skill. Most open source technologies and some licensed technologies can be learning efficiently through this tool. The best part is, it remembers where you left off, and also suggest videos you might be interested in based off your history.

What do you dislike?

It does not have resources for some licensed technologies like CA PPM, for example.

Needed by every tech company for it's employees. It isn't pricey. Check the course catalogs before signing up to make sure the courses will satisfy your requirements. Best in the industry, no doubt.

Pluralsight review by Trevor H.
Trevor H.

"What a great learning platform!"

What do you like best?

I like that they've taken streaming video content and expanded it to a comprehensive learning platform. I'm hopeful that roleiq will be used for good and not force ranking companies engineering talent.

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of roleiq that make my skin crawl. I think it's a great tool for an individual to see where they're skills could be improved in relation to their responsibilities. But I think it's only a matter of time before this data makes its way into compensation decision making.

The courses are broken into amazingly small chunks that are easy to use to fill small bits of downtime. I also love the way paths can help a learner stay focused on specific topic

Pluralsight review by Tatiana G.
Tatiana G.

"Software Developer Pluralsight user"

What do you like best?

Very good content for software development. I can usually find new tech and indepth information, helped me to jump start various projects on my own without using external courses. Also helps me to organize the information by using notes, bookmarks and chanels.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more reviews on the courses. Otherwise I'm a very happy user.

I'm involved in lots of new market POC projects which requires to understand new and evolving technologies that are not yet very good documented. Pluralsight conent are often very much on top of the trends.

Pluralsight review by Jorge C.
Jorge C.

"A top online platform for eLearning"

What do you like best?

Que quality of the contents. If the topic is in Pluralsight, than it has good quality. The videos are very clear and structured in a way to learn at the best. A top feature is the possibility to download and consume the videos offline.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing particularly bad on the platform. I think there's space for improvement on the content organization and the tracks definition.

Pluralsight allowe you to define an eLearning track in our teams or organization. It allows you to monitor the progress and the results for your teams.

Pluralsight review by User

"I DO NOT recommend being an instructor"

What do you like best?

If you can find what you're looking for (content in a current version), the authors generally do a good job.

What do you dislike?

Pluralsight contacted me to be an instructor. My curriculum was approved and I was promised a $200 reimbursement for equipment (microphone and stand, digital adapter) and software I had to buy (which went over this allotted amount). I spent time planning my lessons and had audio trouble that the editor they set me up with was not able to help me resolve. As a full time employee, I needed to work on this project when I had pockets of time. Waiting for feedback was very slow and didn't work out with my schedule. I asked to be able to work with a more responsive editor, but was denied. I moved to another state and brought all this equipment with me, as well as a different laptop (which would probably resolve the audio issues). Soon after, I was told my project was cancelled. I asked for the $200 reimbursement- not any $ for my time or moving expenses or anything else. I was told by the editor that I would get it. I corresponded with him monthly, reminding him of the money owed to me. This went on for 5 months before I gave up. I do not recommend working with or purchasing from a company with these poor business ethics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be an instructor or purchase subscription

They owe me money and I don't think I will ever get it. I can live without this, but the principle of it bothers me.

Also- I have used Pluralsight for training myself and have found that a lot of the content is outdated and obsolete. It is difficult to find the software version on the courses. They seemed to have a lot more relevant content when they were Digital Tutors. Some of this content has been moved over to the new Pluralsight, but a lot of it is missing.

Pluralsight review by User

"Pluralsight helps me a lot in keeping abreast with the latest & greatest Technology"

What do you like best?

There are a plethora of Courses on pluralsight, some of which are just introductory courses which just scratch the surface of a technology and other are very complex deep dive sessions, if you are looking to become expert in a technology. I like these options a lot because even though I like to be an expert in the major technology I am working on, I would like to just skim through the features and capabilities which are being offered in the cutting edge technologies, which lets me be current with the technology trends

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard to find the courses you are looking for.

Our company was moving towards using react library for building UI components and I went through the react path to make myself familiarize with the library which helped me in building cool UI stuff for the company.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"Pluralsight is a great jump start to learning new technologies"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight gives you the freedom to select training plans and paths to get a deeper understanding of certain technologies. I love using it as a first stop to learning about a new coding language. Most of the plans are structured in a way that starts you off with the very basics and keeps progressing until you have a pretty good understanding of the technology.

What do you dislike?

Some of the categories I’ve been interested in has had some significant gaps in material that I found frustrating. Switching from one teacher plan to another often causes overlap in material or gaps. While it’s nice to have multiple classes for the same material, there are times when I wish that a single teacher would have classes that span all experience levels for a given area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great tool to expand your skill set and learn something completely knew! The courses are well designed and allow you to go from no experience to intermediate knowledge very quickly.

I use it mainly as my first stop in learning a new coding language. It is one of the fastest ways to become familiar with a new language.

It is also a great tool to learn all types of technology that would otherwise not be obtainable either because your company doesn’t use it, or you wouldn’t go searching for it yourself. Most courses range from 1 to 4 hours which is very efficient in terms of learning a new technology!

Pluralsight review by Sudhakar D.
Sudhakar D.

"Learn new technology with expert tutors "

What do you like best?

Best thing about pluralsight is that it provides courses on modern technologies. Being online it is easily available from anywhere.Pluralsight comes up with new courses every month so new languages/ tech is available. Each course is divided into a parts with each part containing small length videos which makes loading the video fast and learning becomes easy due short length videos.

What do you dislike?

One thing they have to improve is the material and practice test. and also some kind of slideshow or pdf with summary of each course. Slideshow which tutor used to teach will be great. Sample examples is also needed as many times when we try it error occurs and these errors are due to updated libraries.

User interface need to improve sometimes there are confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want use pluralsight make sure technology you want to learn is available on website. Also make note of tutor name and his hold on technology that he/she teaching.

Keeping myself and my team updated with latest technologies. With just monthly payment i can view as many courses i want there is no limit for it. And for individual pricing is very low compared what value pluralsight is providing. It also solves problem of buying new books when new technology comes.

Pluralsight review by Steven R. M.
Steven R. M.

"Amazing offerings"

What do you like best?

This has been one of the greatest tools for my career development. I happen to be very lucky in that for a number of years now I have had full access to this site provided for by work. First through TrainSignal before it merged with Pluralsight. But over the last few months I have discovered that there is much more than just technical skills to be gained from this site, there is a wide range or personal and professional development courses. These non-technical courses go way beyond just technical chops.

My first introduction to this learning method was the old CBT Nuggets. But having used Pluralsight now for 4 years I believe it is by far the best player in this market. At work I had 4 title changes in under 4 years and I attribute a lot of that advancement to being able to train at my own pace and stay on top of new technologies by using courses on this site.

Over the last few years I have done courses on Server 2012, SQL 2012, vmWare, ITIL, Storage, System Center and more. Now occasionally you will find authors or instructors who just do not do it for you. But of the 58 courses I have completed since the TrainSignal-Puralsight merger there have been very few that I did not enjoy. But it was much the same at university, you will find some course instructors you love and work through most or all of their courses because the teaching style is so engaging.

An example of how good some of these courses are, a few years back one of my first tasks after moving to the Senior team was to build our VDI Virtual Desktop Infrastructure using vmware view. I watch the course through from beginning to end. Watched it a second time and made notes for the step by step install and configuration process. Within a few days I had our environment up and running, and it is now time to upgrade to Horizon View.

As mentioned earlier, lately I have been focused on more non-technical courses. Jason Alba has some amazing career development courses. There are a number of excellent management or leadership courses available and new courses coming online often. And currently there are almost 60 career development and management courses available.

And one of the greatest new features is native apps for iOS, Android and Windows phone, and with the native apps the option for offline content to work while travelling or to save data usage on your devices.

I attribute much of my success over the last 5 years to using this tool and for the price point you just cannot beat the breadth and depth of courses available to help you grow personally and professionally. This would be an excellent resource for any developer, programmer or IT Infrastructure professional to have access to. You can also start with a 10 day free trail so why not give it a try and check out a course or two?

What do you dislike?

Sometimes older courses disappear that I would like to go back to. The current Windows interface is too dark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth every penny. And look at the soft skills courses, especially Jason Alba's offerings, not just technical courses.

Knowledge gaps, soft skills, eagerly tackingling new technologies as they come onboard or onto my plate.

Pluralsight review by Administrator

"Great Continuous Learning for Growing and Distributed Companies"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight has been an amazing platform for ensuring our technical workforces have the opportunity to continuously learn, ramp up and reskill as appropriate, and keeping content constantly updated.

What do you dislike?

There are some topics and courses we would love to see addressed in the platform, particularly topics in the realm of general best practice and philosophy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a well rounded rollout plan to ensure that you get appropriate levels of adoption. Also, be imaginative about how to best leverage Pluralsight for your workforce. It can be used as a means of predicting future technology use, reskilling, providing feedback about employees' capability.

We leverage fewer highly paid internal experts to train people internally, leaving them space to work and focus on coaching through implementation. We also send fewer people to external training events which allows us to focus on other opportunities.

Pluralsight review by Frank R.
Frank R.

"Outstanding learning platform"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight is an extremely straight-forward learning platform where you can take self-paced courses on virtually any tech-related topic. All courses are designed by both fellow students and professionals alike and the knowledge base is extremely vast. Pluralsight is also backed by Microsoft and allows you to learn just about any topic to be able to kickstart your learning in something you'd like to know.

What do you dislike?

Pluralsight is a bit less focused on completion and rewarding students as other comparable online 'schools' and MOOCs like Udacity. I believe that offering rewards or certifications or even partnering with large companies on courses could really drive value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd strongly recommend giving pluralsight a close look, at some of the courses that are offered and consider what you'd like to learn. They offer a free trial that is worth taking a look into to explore the website and its contents.

Learning more programming skills that are often difficult to learn without some form of guidance. Pluralsight allows me to improve my abilities while also staying ahead of industry standards to always apply best-in-class practices.

Pluralsight review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"PluralSight Online Trainging"

What do you like best?

The variety of the courses offered. I signed up for use of the IT training for myself and my team. But, there is really so so much more on there. Being and IT professional I view those mostly. But, I have delved into the other categories which intrigued me. They also have end-use type of IT related training. And the price is not too too bad.

What do you dislike?

Navigation is a little more difficult than I like. It took me some time to get used to where some things were. It is a bit clutter in my personal opinion. I do wish some of the instructors were a bit more enthusiastic. But, I guess IT people are Geeks. :) Not sure if this is the case with the non-IT related classes, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just sign up for the free trial and give it a test drive. That is the best way to test any "software" or "online" product like this in my opinion. You should be able to see if it is for you during the time they give you for the free trial. However, make sure to sign up at a time when you can dedicate some time using it enough to really get a good trial out of it.

I was look for IT training and this product fit what I was looking for pretty well.

Pluralsight review by James M.
James M.

"Continuous pluralsight user...."

What do you like best?

The breadth of curriculum is the biggest benefit for me. The world of technology moves faster than any one person can keep up with, Pluralsight is great for keep abreast of new and even emerging technologies, as well as, the tried and true tech stacks.

What do you dislike?

One one problem i have been bothered with. Some courses that are a series of videos are difficult to track or identify the order the course was to be taken in, without first taken a trial and error approach. Would be great to have the multi video or multi lesson courses always tied to a single syllabus or contents course to walk through the series in order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the inclusion of CodeSchool now with pluralsight this is truly the best site out there in the learning community.

Continuous education of the technology world is my largest problem to solve. So much exists in the tech arena and the need to use or experiment with different technologies is a must these days. PS provides that platform to get a quick start on these.

Pluralsight review by User in Internet

"Learn to Code with great videos"

What do you like best?

The selections of instructors and classes were great. Also the interface was easy to use and show progress and able to pick back up from anywhere. You can get a team account and the owner can then see usage and patterns.

What do you dislike?

The major downside with all of the online learning is that it all depends on the content. So licensing can be a tricky one. Also it was a little pricy and usually you only wanted a course here and there so you ended up overspending.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone that is actively looking at the metrics so that you can get the most out of the tool.

Technical training

We were able to get up to speed on a lot new technologies that we were planning to use and get everyone that knowledge fast.

Pluralsight review by Radoslav T.
Radoslav T.

"This is a masterpiece service"

What do you like best?

I like that I can find state of the art material about a given technology. Theirs content is usually up to date and contains almost all angles on a given topic. There are variety of courses which supplement the knowledge on a given technology.

What do you dislike?

In the past the streaming was problematic. Recently it seems that there are no more problems. I see that some technologies are less popular on Pluralsight. Definitely all Microsoft technologies have huge presence there but not the same for many other ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely! If you want to catch up with the latest tech this is the place to be.

I am finding line of business applications tutorials/courses on Pluralsight.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"Great content and useful features"

What do you like best?

That it is an active product that very often release new features to assist you in learning, bookmarks, the best feature for me it is the board and invite colleagues to participate in the board

What do you dislike?

It could be hard to find something but as soon as you load a video it is marked as viewed and this is not necessary true.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial of Microsoft dev essentials

We want to move our application to another technology and tools, the courses were easy to find and follow in order to do this at the business

Pluralsight review by Porter L.
Porter L.

"Pluralsight cares about their mission more than making a profit"

What do you like best?

Their careful and accurate attention to detail, and quality learning content that's easy to follow and to understand.

What do you dislike?

Lack of very short videos that are to the point without explaining the meaning of life. Additionally, authors are very monotone and difficult to retain attention. Also videos could use professional animations to better demonstrate ideas, as opposed to a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your trial period first and make sure it's right for you.

Honestly, just learning and picking up on new frameworks and learning to get started, and occasionally getting clarity on a topic.

Pluralsight review by Gerardo Esteban C.
Gerardo Esteban C.

"I use pluralsight to learn more about AngularJS, Laravel, Data Structures and programming in general"

What do you like best?

They just change the video player, it was a big improve, as a system it is well designed. But I what I like best it is the content course, they structure the course in levels so I can pass through one level to other. By example I was at an intermediate level when I learn AngularJS, then I see John Papa AngularJS: Clean Code course, it was just amazing that way of developing application, not only in angular javascript applications, I think we should program like that in any language.

At the end of the course, I have the opportunity to take an assignment so I can prove that I handle the professional content, then when I pass I was able to put the certificate in my Linkedin Profile, that was nice too.

What do you dislike?

I have taken other courses in other platforms, I think that Pluralsight need to reinforce the way the instructor teach a course, by example, at the end of each module send an evaluated assignment to ensure that the people learn in a right way. Of course, the education is a personal choice, so I think they should let people select whether or not if they want to take the assignment, but it will definitely an extra that counts in the LinkedIn portfolio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are good courses there as I said AngularJS Clean Code, AngularJS testing, React, Java, Laravel, Rails, .Net, SAP, there are infinite opportunities.

I am learning about Full Stack Web Development, I find a lot of problems when I start to learn angular by example, sometimes I could not understand the angular google documentation. And I was looking for a course that feels like I just learn and gain tons of experience in just a couple of days, that experience that you form with years of working with google or Microsoft, but people like me don't have the opportunity to experience. With the John Papa's Course I feel realized, now I can continue my learning journey through Ionic and Cordova and mobile hybrid applications.

Pluralsight review by Pavel D.
Pavel D.

"Pluralsight is a woderfull platform for learning and teclogy updates"

What do you like best?

I'm truly believe in autodidacticism, and Pluralsight is a great tool for that matter.

You can login from whatever you want - whenever you want (as long as you have an internet connection) and explore new aspects/areas that are relevant for your profession or even take a look at some new fields.

I use Pluralsight every weak when I got some spare time and I really enjoy it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more professional certifications on software related courses and LinkedIn integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend to use Pluralsight! It has a lot of interesting professional content which updates very often. And other content that you can open your mind for new directions :)

My professional qualification improve with Pluralsight weekly. I mean, you really can see the use of the knowledge you gain there, at practice.

Pluralsight review by Shayne V.
Shayne V.

"My Pluralsight Review from a QA Engineer Perspective"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight has a lot of relevant and up to date tutorials on programming languages and software. I find it very useful to create playlists of subjects I'm interested in learning. The learning assessments you can take throughout a course really help me determine how much information I am retaining.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Pluralsight other than it's UI, which they are actively improving upon anyways. Sometimes I wish they'd have more tutorials on subjects I'm interested in like Appium (Selenium) or Ruby Automation with Calabash for mobile testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, Pluralsight is a great source for continued education or learning a new skill set. They have professional tutorials with which you can learn at your own pace on your own time. They do a great job improving upon the site and keeping their courses up to date. I love the ability to test my progress with pre and post assessments to ensure I'm retaining the information through the course.

Pluralsight helps me stay up to date with best practices and helps me learn a new skill entirely which in turn makes my job as a QA Engineer much more enjoyable.

Pluralsight review by Luis C.
Luis C.

"Outdated courses"

What do you like best?

It has a nice UI, courses are searchable.

What do you dislike?

Courses are too outdated. Technology changes very fast, so it would be better to find courses on YouTube for free or buy one course at a time in Udemy (after reading reviews of course).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to YouTube for better/ more updated content. Or ultimately, search in Udemy and buy 1 course at a time after reading their reviews. Technology changes too fast and with free content in YouTube there's no reason to get stuck paying $300 a year for content that was relevant 3 years ago.

I learned some old/ deprecated content that would have worked years ago

Pluralsight review by Varun G.
Varun G.

"Best option to heighten your career"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight has many choices of different IT topics which is being delivered by experienced or professional programmers. The way of delivering and explaining the process is wonderful. Also, for the better understanding of the user, combination of videos and some assignment questions are available.

In addition to this, there is an option to learn many technologies from a one site instead of running and searching material for the new technologies upcoming day by day.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any dislike for Pluralsight but I would like to see some more advanced material, which nearly uploaded by them on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All the courses are not free in Pluralsight but according to my tremendous experience, it is a worth spending some amount of money and get a massive of knowledge and assignments on variant topics.

I would recommend it to everyone who are willing to grasp a good quality of knowledge about new technologies.

Pluralsight helped me in learning and staying on top level in my field. For my today’s success, credit goes to this only.

Pluralsight review by Ruslan A.
Ruslan A.

"Pluralsight training"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight is one of the best online training companies. I've used different companies, like coursera, code school, front end masters but I use Pluralsight on a regular basis. The number of courses is enormous and it's updating almost every day.

It contains a more than 40 courses on Angular and .NET. There are a set of courses about security. Troy Hunt which is a security expert has created more than 10 courses. Compared to other online training, Pluralsight contains high quality content and not everybody can publish their courses.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike, only thing will be that when watching on double speed it is slow sometimes. But now always. It contains less courses for other languages, like functional languages, Java, etc. It's more Web and .NET oriented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a technical person and your company is not paying for online training it is worth investing your own money. You can subscribe and cancel any time you want if you pay monthly. If you go on holiday, for example during the entire summer then you don't have to pay. Also, you can make plans and every other month so you'll end up paying for half a year.

It helps me keep my technical skills up to date. And when I need so learn something quick I've found using Pluralsight to be the best

Pluralsight review by Enmanuel D.
Enmanuel D.

"Amazing platform to learn new technologies"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight is an amazing platform to learn new and innovative technologies, the instructors are specialists in their areas and the pedagogy is amazing, the platform is pretty intuitive and attractive with a good User Interface and User experience. I learned by myself a technology called Angular with the platform and the experience was just impeccable, also there are some courses that you can get a certificate and post it in linkedin which is never bad for professionals or non-professionals.

What do you dislike?

I'd say that the thing I like the less is that almost all courses are not free, but I think the learning experience and certificate is worth it. If you are looking for certificates not all the videos has one so you'll want to check this first before going for a course. Some certificate questions are confusing so you need to have all the knowledge very clear and read pretty well the content and answers for all the questions, also I think the assessment display can be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it, you'll not regret making the courses, they are made for professionals and specialists in their areas so it's guaranteed that you'll correctly learn almost everything

I just started working for a startup and they are currently using new technologies, I needed to learn this technologies quick and good and within days I made it with pluralsight and their instructors and learning system which is pretty straight forward.

Pluralsight review by Shashikala S.
Shashikala S.

"Pluralsight helped me getting my first job in Industry"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Pluralsight is that the online course lectures are very clear and concise. They can be easily understood by paying attention to what the instructor is explaining.

All the content for the courses are selected in a professional way and the instructors seems to be highly qualified and experienced delivering excellent course material.

My favorite courses on Pluralsight are Machine Learning with Encong and Angular Java Script. It is very difficult to find good course material for these courses over internet, but Pluralsight helped me in learning them with great ease.

One can easily complete a course in 6 to 7 hours getting in depth knowledge about it. Also, it is subdivide into modules so that it doesn’t get boring to watch the course videos 6 hours continuously.

What do you dislike?

I want Pluralsight to provide a functionality to retake the assessments until you pass for up to 3 times or may be more. While giving the assessments, I had some internet browser issue because of which I got failed in one of my courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to all the college students looking for a career opportunity in IT Industry. It is the best site for you to enhance or update your skills with current trends in the industry.

I subscribed to Pluralsight when I was a college pass out and wanted to start my career. I found that Pluralsight provided good quality information/content on programming languages and it was easy to grasp. Within no time I enhanced my coding skills by learning through the course videos.

I always start with the beginner’s level for a particular course which gives me the overall insight about it and then I move forward to the intermediate level to explore more about it.

Pluralsight review by Shannon D.
Shannon D.

"Simply the best online training you can buy"

What do you like best?

It has a great library of content and is constantly updating it weekly if not daily with new content that matches the growing market. Not from just one stack but all stacks and designer content as well, Pluralsight continues to be a must have for all developers not just myself. If you are not already on Pluralsight and want to be a productive and agile developer to the market's change, you need to be or you will be sadly out of date quick. Pluralsight has great trainers for the most part, industry leaders, and their ability to get you feeling guilty for not doing training by showing you all that your are missing is like a drug for me as a developer. I want to learn more and they are the first place I go. I love their personal assessment tests at the end of the training, learning paths, and bookmarking system (trust me you will get overwhelmed at the amount of training on a single subject such as MVC that you can find). Their community rocks and most of their authors respond to questions in their forums built for each course. Simply the best. Automatically in my yearly budget for training.

What do you dislike?

For some areas, its hard to know where to start for training. Sometimes content is old and you don't know if you should start with the older material first or dig in. For example, they have one trainer who has been doing MVC training since version 3 I believe. Wasn't sure if I needed to start at 3 or if the knowledge was transferred to 4.0's training course. They could also use better descriptions for some courses and or prerequisites. Sometimes you will get half way through and find out you are really over your head, and need other training. Sometimes that other training exists (usually does) but sometimes it doesn't. They would also be best served with moving over some of their acquisitions into the same price payment. They bought out CodeSchool but that is a separate fee. Would be good to have that as a basic course for a given learning path and then allow mode intermediate training to be taken after those basics are hammered in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not already using Pluralsight, make sure you are not already getting access to it through MSDN or other providers that give away some of Pluralsight's courses. Take them and get hooked into learning.

Constant need to train and keep up with the latest in technology as it has gone from a once in a year to two year need to a monthly to quarterly need to keep up.

Pluralsight review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Become an expert in no time"

What do you like best?

I love Pluarsights massive library of material. Many tutorials come with additional material so you can work along with the instruction. The instructors really seem to know how to best present the information, and keep it interesting, I have used many free sources but they tend to move very slowly and not keep my interest like these do.

What do you dislike?

If you are looking to learn something in a niche market then be prepared to be a little bored. the more specific the software or skill the less options you have and some of these can be very dry and lack the style that the more popular tutorials have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who is using a free tutorial program will really enjoy the added professionalism that a paid option has. Beyond that anyone looking to stay up to date with current programming trends cant afford not to be using Pluarlsight.

With pluarlsight I am on my way to learning an entirely new career, and I am moving much faster than a traditional school program would have taken me.

Pluralsight review by Karan G.
Karan G.

"Pluralsight- Huge catalog of libraries for various courses"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight provides a very effective online learning library tutorials that helps a developer to grasp the content in a short period of time. The authored contents are organized and explained in a very nice way, which covers basic fundamentals for beginners and more details for professionals.

The uploading of videos are too fast that anyone can learn new technologies at his own time and pace. These videos help in effective acquiring of practical knowledge. Also, here all the topics are available depending upon the level of experience. There are some good 'business professional' courses too, e.g. the PMP Project Management courses, and technologies like .NET, C#, and more.

The best part about pluralsight is that it allows the reiteration of the module when it's hard to understand all of the content in one go. This is not usually available in offline classroom training sessions.

What do you dislike?

It would be very helpful if we get some more questions in a quiz which will help us in analyzing our understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Pluralsight as a resource to learn and advance in your career, as I am using it for around 1.5 years. Therefore, videos from experts make the difference in implementation of things in professional life.

It has a free trial, must go for it.

Since, I am an IT employee, through Pluralsight I have gained tremendous knowledge as its content is continuously updating with new technology courses.

I have learned so much from this, and education still continuous for my career.

Pluralsight review by Neha B.
Neha B.

"Amazing e-learning website for enhancing your professional skills"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight contains a rich set of library for programming courses and soft skill courses for management as well. Courses such as Introduction to Java, Android Development and .NET are some of my favorite courses.

The course material is delivered in terms of videos which are presented in a professional way with high level resolution. All the authors for the courses are professional experts in their subject areas.

The time of loading of videos is very quick, and if you are using the Android or iOS app to access Pluralsight, it provides the feature to increase the playback speed to be double than the normal speed. So, if you running out of time, you can use this feature.

The videos have got captions as well which can be easily translated through Google translation.

The most helpful feature I find in Pluralsight is that you have the option to see the video explanation of the answer of an assessment question after submitting your answer. This makes your concepts even more clear.

What do you dislike?

The Speed at which the videos are delivered is a little fast and you need to catch up the content at a rapid speed. To avoid this, you have to pause the video after every section and try to build some demo projects.

I would like to see the feature to ask questions for the experts delivering the courses at least in the paid account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Pluralsight for more than 1 year now and I would recommend it to all the professionals looking for an e-learning website to enhance their skills. It has a free trial of 10 days and a nominal fee of 29$ per month afterwards.

I have used Pluralsight to be a source of continuous learning and keeping my knowledge up to date with the latest technologies which are emerging. I have cleared many certifications using Pluralsight which helped me in my career growth.

One feature of Pluralsight which I have used in my professional career is the transcript feature. It allows me to read along while watching the course video and reviewing the sections to grasp the contents more efficiently.

Also I got to know various shortcuts used in Microsoft Visual Studio which I wasn’t aware of before by watching the instructor using them. This improved my debugging skills and the ability to understand the code flow by using Stacks feature in Visual Studio.

Pluralsight review by Arran C.
Arran C.

"Pluralsight provides nice features to enhance learning and clear a certification"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight helps you to improve your leadership, project management and verbal & non-verbal communication skills with its helpful and professional courses. It prepares you for a successful career ahead.

Learning paths feature of Pluralsight lets you know what sould be order of sequence to take up courses, in order provide effective learning experience. Learning paths includes the core objective for the learning path and also the type of users for a particular certification.

The video presentations are very good and a separate window opens up for the selected subject showing outline for the course. Multiple navigate options are available for viewing different videos for the course. It has got 8 second rewind button for going back to the video instantly.

All courses available on Pluralsight provides exercise files in order to guide the user for certifications. It allows to gain the knowledge which is needed to clear the certification easily.

What do you dislike?

While using Pluralsight in the offline mode, I noticed that offline courses are not getting progress updated in the central system after I reconnect to internet. Due to this, when I complete a certain percentage of the course in offline mode and then I go online to finish it, I need to remember where I left.

While using Pluralsight mobile app, the screen gets automatically rotated and doesn’t depend upon whether I have turned off the screen rotation for my smartphone. This is annoying sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If passing a certification is the ultimate aim/goal for someone, then Pluralsight is the best option. Learning paths will help you to determine the order of courses you should go through to be to pass a certification successfully.

Pluralsight is a much needed resource for students as well as working professionals to achieve their goals.

Being a Management Guy, the technical courses were of no use for me, but I found excellent courses for Business Analysis and Effective communication. I used Pluralsight to study the following courses:

1. Introduction to Business Analysis & Needs Assessment by Casey Ayers

2. How to Run Effective Meetings by Stephen Haunts

3. Effective Email Communication by Jason Alba

All these courses were of high quality content and I could really implement the studies made in the courses in my real life business scenarios.

The instructors were professional in their fields and I could learn a lot from the courses.

It is also not very expensive after the trial period with only 29$ per month subscription.

Pluralsight review by Yumarx P.
Yumarx P.

"Excellent source of knowledge if you check the release date"

What do you like best?

They have a lot of content, I think is the biggest database of courses I have seen so far, they have courses of any content and the instructors are really masters in their area. Highly recommended!

What do you dislike?

Some courses are out to date or examples doesn't work in real life, so if you are trying to learn about new technologies maybe you need to check the comments and the release date in order to not waste time in a antique course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do a search on the pluralsight content and see how mucho recent content they have about what you are looking for and you will know what is the right decision.

I use it to evaluate new technologies and to become more versed about the ones I handle, also is good to learn tricks you don't realize exists

Pluralsight review by Sunder L.
Sunder L.

"Outstanding e-learning platform providing high quality programming content"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight provides an outstanding online platform for learning programming languages which offers video courses in Information Technology, software development and also general business.

Every individual course on Pluralsight is split up into a series of modules which contains one or more screencasts. The duration of each module is between 45 minutes to 60 minutes. So, you can be assured that you can complete one module easily if you are running out of time.

Quality of every screencast is top class. What makes Pluralsight different from other e-learning sites such as Skillshare or Lynda is the top quality of curriculum and experts.

It provides Pre and post-course assessments for tracking the progress of one’s understanding and knowledge. Also, it provides downloadable exercise files for practice.

What do you dislike?

I have seen that some of the courses are out of date and are not updated regularly.

The basic Plan has been made limited to only course videos and mobile app. Also, the free trial period of only 10 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pluralsight is highly recommended to be used as a complimentary component for learning and training purpose. There is huge amount of information which is present on Pluralsight and it can be viewed anytime anywhere, with fresh course content being added or updated regularly.

Also the support team from Pluralsight provided great support in moving my own personnel Pluralsight account directly to my new company’s pricing plan, thus retaining all my course modules history intact.

I have found Pluralsight to be an excellent resource for learning latest technologies. I always enjoy and explore opportunities to learn something new every day, and Pluralsight has given me the platform to do so with its outstanding course modules.

The screen casting functionality is really amazing for learning purpose, and also I found out some extra extra knowledge just by viewing how another developer does his coding in Eclipse.

When you pass an assessment of a course, Pluralsight provides an online certification to you for clearing that course. That can be used to build up your online resume showing your skills.

Pluralsight review by Lokesh Y.
Lokesh Y.

"It is an excellent site for learning latest technologies with Professional & Well-Structured courses"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight provides a professional platform for enhancing and updating relevant courses about programming as well as latest trends in the market.

All the courses are explained in a simple and professional manner by the international industry experts with the help of excellent and easy to understand course videos.

You can always repeat any particular module if it is not clear to you on the first attempt itself any number of times. So, it removes the barrier of offline classroom sessions where you can’t repeat the session if it is not clear to you.

You are free to access the course material as per your own convenience in terms of time and space accessing the valuable resources from the site.

You are allowed to track your current progress with the option of pre and post assessments for the course module which helps you to know where you actually stand before the learning and after the learning. You even get a certificate from Pluralsight for passing the assessments successfully.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet seen any videos section for the Expert level. It would be great to see that feature too.

Sometimes, due to the differences in environment, I stuck up in the exercises section and can’t figure out my mistake. For e.g.: While using XML instead of the traditional http, sometimes I get 5 different instances of an icon instead of getting only 1. So, this is a drawback here.

The free trial has gone done from previous 90 days to currently 10 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is strongly recommended for someone who is looking to enhance or update his knowledge on latest technologies and programming languages. It provides you the option to search various courses from their catalog.

Also, they have quick access for courses such as Java, Microsoft and Android through one-click links.

One can easily explore the courses by filtering it by various categories such as popular courses, course duration, expertise level and more.

I used Pluralsight for learning Swift as it is not a difficult programming language if you are a beginner. I learnt it pretty quickly to update my skills to become an iOS developer. The video tutorials were of high quality and was amazed to see the depth of content which was explained in such a simple manner.

I previously used Lynda and Skillshare, but I found out that they were only half-assed online courses. Pluralsight had robust catalog of courses from beginner to advanced levels.

I used Pluralsight for trial purpose for 10 days for free. The membership can be extended by paying $29/month.

Pluralsight review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"A great resource for continuing education or rapid learning"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight offers a wide variety of courses and topics. Quality of material can vary, but by and large the material is well presented, through, and sufficient to learn new technologies or libraries, or as a refresher of something not used recently.

With the plethora of new JavaScript, jQuery, and .NET libraries and plugins being written and adopted, Pluralsight can be a first stop for educational and training material that saves time and money spent chasing down other training opportunities. Well worth the subscription price to me as a .NET developer that jumps in to many different projects across clients, each that use their own stack.

What do you dislike?

Quality of material can vary greatly between authors / lessons. User feedback can help with the process of filtering out some of the lower quality courses, but there are a large number of lessons that stay firmly within the beginner/intermediate range. There is more advanced material to be found on Pluralsight, but you need to be prepared to spend some time looking, and skimming a few lessons to get beyond the basic "hello world" or "here's a quick shopping cart" type of examples.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pluralsight is affordable and effective. While it won't supplant all forms of training and additional learning, it's a tremendous first (and even second) resource. The benefit it brings to a department far outweighs it's cost, and when getting ready for annual certifications (or re-certifying) it's a definite boon.

Pluralsight has helped me get quick exposure to a lot of different libraries and programming techniques that I would ordinarily spend time scrambling to learn before being able to assist a client -- the courses make it much easier to become fluent in the language so that I can being contributing and analyzing what's put in front of me -- and serves as a quick resource that I can consult when questions arise.

Pluralsight review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

" Great for Virtual Content"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight allows our learning organization to push out trusted resources to our associate population. The modularization of the courses allows learners to access content when they need it, for whatever amount of time they need.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are quite long. While specific modules or lessons are valuable, the entire course may not be applicable to the learner's job or workflow. Some learners are turned off by the course length if they do not have a learning expert or manager providing specific recommendations to them.

We have a large development population needing to upskill quickly. Our learning organization does not have the technical skill set or the manpower to curate/create content ourselves. Pluralsight allows us to provide expert-developed and scalable education to our global population.

Pluralsight review by José M V.
José M V.

"Awesome programming video courses!"

What do you like best?

There's a bunch of video courses you can take for a little fee, experts will lead you in the correct path while you learn how to code under their own expertise.

What do you dislike?

It fails a lot when some of my friends and i try to reach the site from Venezuela, which is an awful thing. Also, sometimes the site looks funky in some of my devices and hang on low-end devices while browsing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new into programming and want to take a peek at what's new on this side of land, you're not going to regret expending some money in this, it can be a life saver if you spend enough time learning from their content.

I've learned what's new in Java 8 and C# newer versions, so i can keep up with the team I'm currently working with. I've also taught some of my friends some Java stuff thanks to this.

Pluralsight review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Excellent Learning tool for Developers"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of courses to learn. Every course has a curriculum which is broad and extensively covered at Pluralsight. Pluralsight recently started various paths based on a programming language by which you can make a transition from amateur to professional. They currently have paths based on programming languages like Javascript, CSS, Angular and HTML. Pluralsight provides one to one mentor help where you can ask questions if you get stuck and can have a one on one mentoring session to solve your doubts. Every single video is short and helps you to focus on the particular topic without losing interest.

What do you dislike?

I haven't disliked anything as such but one thing I will surely talk about is downloading the exercise files. You need to pay an annual subscription or monthly which is about $40 a month. I am currently paying a monthly fee of $29 which gives you access to all the videos except downloading the exercise files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool to learn new technologies on your own.

I am able to learn new technologies on my own and create hobby projects.

Pluralsight review by Robert Trevor D.
Robert Trevor D.

"One of the best learning platforms"

What do you like best?

Relevant courses taught by Industry leading professionals. And the courses are broken down into small sections so that it is easy to pick up from right where you left off and learn during small breaks.

What do you dislike?

Technology moves so fast that courses can go out of date quickly, usually the authors are very good at keeping courses relevant and up to date but it's a constant battle.

Learning to use new technologies while implementing best practices. Knowing you are getting quality is the best benefit.

Pluralsight review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"User of Pluralsight Training"

What do you like best?

I like the wide breadth of training - whether I am looking to do training on server administrator or looking to improve my developer chops they have options.

What do you dislike?

The cost to go with full team integration is a bit higher that I would like. I still find the value in this product, but with a team where I might get low usage I would prefer the cost be a bit lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at the catalog and pricing, I think you will find most everything you want to train against is already in the catalog and the individual pricing is acceptable.

I wanted to have training options, however onsite training classes or one off training classes eat up budget very quickly. Pluralsight has so many courses it works very well for me.

Pluralsight review by Kyle W.
Kyle W.

"Pluralsight gives me Plural Vision"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight's Skills iQ and Role iQ are off the charts. I love that it tells me where my gaps are in my skillset.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more progress on the design side, like Adobe. But I realize the market is mostly for developers.

Getting good. Seriously. When I was hired, I had a huge deficit in my skiill set for data analytics. WIth Pluralsight, I was able to create Tableau dashboards to help make daily metrics more visible to management.

Pluralsight review by Bart T.
Bart T.

"Experiences using Pluralsight"

What do you like best?

The amount of content available will keep you busy for a long time if you intend on learning a wide variety of programming skills.

The instructors teaching the classes are also really knowledgeable on their subjects.

What do you dislike?

The video viewer UI seems a little clunky and outdated, it does the job fine but could be improved upon.

The commenting system really needs an overhaul for the course pages, asking for assistance from instructors is really a hassle and there isn't any concrete way to search for previous questions asked or for specific topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a monthly payment plan to evaluate firstly before purchasing a yearly plan.

I'm currently learning the Microsoft stack (ASP.NET, Entity Framework, MVC 6, C#) for developing web applications.

Pluralsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Software Education for Professionals"

What do you like best?

I'm always willing to learn new technologies and Pluralsight has been a very useful tool in helping me become more knowledgeable on various software - with such an extensive database, it's excellent software for any professional.

What do you dislike?

Certifications and rewards would be very nice to have and that's missing here. An incentive to complete the course would help motivate more people to try Pluralsight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to expand your knowledge, I would recommend using Pluralsight to do so. The database is large and there's a lot of good content on there for you to learn from. This can really help you take it to the next level!

By being able to get a better understanding of software, I'm enable to put that learning to practice, which helps me in my every day career.

Pluralsight review by Andy T.
Andy T.

"A great resource for a large library of training material"

What do you like best?

I like the large number of training videos available, with an easy to use user interface, that can be used on a desktop or a tablet. it also allows multiple employees to take the same course at the time and pace. It is good that there are comments attached to each of the videos which makes it useful to see if it is a worth while course to take,

What do you dislike?

The main dislike for this is the quality of the videos, some of the videos are done by some very monotone voices which makes them very difficult to get through and to keep concentration. The other issue is the age of some of the videos, some of the videos are 4-5 years old and in the fast moving digital age this makes some of them a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plural sight has helped our employees learn the technologies required as well as others they are interested in

With a large number of employees wanting to be trained on the same technologies, the made it a lot easier

Pluralsight review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"Fantastic for when you need to learn a new skill in a short time!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can pick up and go whenever you need, living a day to day life can be unpredictable and occasionally complicates the learning process. Pluralsight can help anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to sit down and learn a new programming language in a traditional classroom/online class setting and let them view the content at their own pace.

What do you dislike?

The website can occasionally be unresponsive, in that you will search for a course and be redirected to the home page. Outside of that Pluralsight is one of the best online learning platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try! You may be frustrated at first because learning a new skill can be hard, but seriously, the teachers there are top notch!

I had to use Pluralsight to learn enough javascript/jQuery to create an interactive website in a month, it worked flawlessly.

I now have skills in javascript/jQuery that carry over into personal projects and allow me to do webdesign side jobs.

"Content is great"

What do you like best?

The education content is great and you can use it for learning new technology or expanding your existing technology education.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the skill iq needs work. The technology behind it sounds great but the tests are not accurate enough so the validity might be in question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Broadcasting the plan for Iris and how integrations will be made long term would be really valuable. We are learning some of this at Pluralsight live but more public info would be great.

We have taken in person training and replaced it entirely with virtual training. This saves us hours of in person training and allows us to scale training across our entire population of engineers.

Pluralsight review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Learning new skills through a huge range of courses"

What do you like best?

A seemingly endless range of courses covering everything from IT Ops to Architecture.

Learning pathways mean you can build up courses for a specific outcome.

You can watch courses online, by mobile and even download to watch offline later.

What do you dislike?

Quite a mixture of speakers - some present much better than others.

Some of the course materials can be quite dry - some are much more engaging than others.

Some of the courses are quite old.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore and share what you find with colleagues and co-workers - build a community to enhance learning.

Company subscription means all our employees have access to a huge learning library covering a vast range of subjects.

They can recommend courses between each other to optimise learning and make sure the best courses and pathways are shared.

Pluralsight review by Licia B.
Licia B.

"It keeps me up to date on web technologies"

What do you like best?

The courses include in-depth information on intermediate and advanced web technologies. It's hard to find courses that go deep into advanced solutions for real world projects.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike, sometimes the player is a bit finicky and stops/starts buffers at certain times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are needing more advanced courses for web development, Pluralsight will be very helpful. I've had a difficult time finding courses that go deeper than the usual cookie cutter example.

As a web developer I need to keep up with the latest web technologies. I also need to have more advanced topics as many of my projects are highly customized and out of the box solutions don't always provide the best solution.

Pluralsight review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Database Administration & Database Development Content"

What do you like best?

For every function on our team, there has been content recent and relevant enough to solve almost every problem we deal with. We hire from within, so much of the training we need requires a broader understanding that our employees are expected to get on their own time.

What do you dislike?

Better diversity in content, and outdated content for topics less demanded.

Continuing education and basic-to-advanced understanding of new technologies and what applications they have to our business domain.

Pluralsight review by Thiago A.
Thiago A.

"awesome for learning new technologies"

What do you like best?

The best thing about pluralsight is that the tutorials are very complete, and the technologies are very recent, so it's a great way to learn new and exciting technologies.

Also, the videos are very easy to follow, and the presenters are people who know what they are talking about.

The quality of the videos is the best. And the responsiveness of the site is very good too.

And if you have a pro subscription, you can download all of the tutorials.

What do you dislike?

The video player is a little annoying, because you can't easily change the tutorial you are following.

When you want to see the code, you need to close the video player and get back to the tutorial page.

Also, they should have more stuff about functional programming. They have some courses, but it's not enough.

I'd like to be able to download the materials, but you need to have a professional subscription that is a little expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, if you want to learn new technologies, Pluralsight is a great resource.

They have some awesome tutorials on ruby on rails and clojure. Also, lots of stuff about React and AngularJS, some about Ionic, and some other resources about data science and hadoop.

I think it's a great way to learn new technologies.

I wanted to learn React and Clojure, and some Data Science (Apache Spark) skills. They had great resources on theses subjects, they were really helpful.

Also, there are some amazing resources about ruby on rails, so I really recommend it if you're a rails developer and want to get better at your craft.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"Learn fast with unlimited access to excellent courses with subscription."

What do you like best?

Viewing offline courses with your mobile device or tablet. Because of this, you can learn what you want and how you want with you're own pace. Playback speed is adjustable and you can see how much progress you made with a glance. I especially like the Frontend Master's live courses.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application got improved recently but is still a little buggy and freezes sometimes. I'm sure it will improve in the near future. I with there were some suggestions and recommendations based on what you've seen or tags you are interested in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it if is your first year of subscription. There are so many excellent courses you should view. After that, it may depend on what kind of category you want to learn in the industry. If you would like to learn cutting edge technologies such as Javascript, it is worth subscribing for a long term. (at least in my point of view)

Learning the cutting edge technologies from experts is the fastest way to increase your skill. Online courses are the best from my point of view. After that, I think reading books deepens your understandings.

Pluralsight review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Online learning at your own pace"

What do you like best?

With pluralsight, not only did I have access to a tremendous library of training material - I was able to take the training at my own pace. For me, that means taking detailed and outlined notes. So it was extremely helpful to have the live instructor feel with the ability to play, pause, review, etc at any time. The content was extremely relevant as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the trainers were hard to sit through and comprehend the material, but this is only the slightest of issues because even if the presenter was not perfect, the material was still worthwhile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for online learning opportunities, they were the best, imho.

We have a staff who needed varying degrees of education that they could take the time on their own to go through the content. Pluralsight gave us that one-stop shop.

Pluralsight review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"Pluralsight is Great and Getting better"

What do you like best?

I like the wide range of available training. Every week when I log in there are new classes. They do a really good job at keeping up with tech trends.

What do you dislike?

I hope that all subscriptions would include the ability to take tests and offline download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To really get the most out of it, you need to plan time away from your everyday job to make sure you have time to train.

Trying to get training without having to be out of office for extended times. Pluralsight helped with that as I was able to set aside 2-3 days a week to complete a course

Pluralsight review by Mohammad I.
Mohammad I.

"Pluralsight has got excellent selection of courses"

What do you like best?

I like that Pluralsight delivers high quality courses with set of modules provided by experienced instructors which helps me to learn in the most efficient and effective way.

The Transcripts prove out to be very useful indeed and the course reviews are practical in nature. My favorite course author is Scott Allen.

I also like that the authors can be reached out to ask questions and they are pretty responsive to clarify some of my individual concerns.

Pluralsight has got many helpful features like instant rewind button, making the speed of the video fast/slow, and subtitles.

What do you dislike?

I want Pluralsight to have a keyword search feature which can filter the content of the course and the heading of the courses. It will help to find specific tutorials easily.

Android app is not much usable due to the choppy audio which makes the videos unlistenable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As Pluralsight is a cost-effective platform, I would surely recommend it to the Microsoft developers. It can also be used by other professionals too to gain an insight of new technologies.

I am using Pluralsight almost every day during my travel to office and vice-versa for around 6-7 hours a week learning the technologies which I will be using in my projects and also to increase my knowledge and problem solving skills.

I am a professional who likes to learn from video and online demos. And of course Pluralsight has got that feature and provides huge number of courses with different technologies.

Pluralsight review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great source of learning for any level"

What do you like best?

I like the tests to gauge your experience level so that it gives you the correct answers

What do you dislike?

Some videos go too fast and require me to re-watch sections

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a lot of trainings and built in integrations to other sites. Plural sight has great videos but other sights (that partner with Pluralsight) might have better programming tutorials.

Opportunity to learn relevant skills, at work, at home, anywhere. I have been able to pick up skills that I'm interested in

Pluralsight review by User in Financial Services

"Content needs more vetting"

What do you like best?

For those working as developers, Pluralsight offers a wide variety of good quality classes that teach everything from programming basics to tips and tricks to advanced procedures.

What do you dislike?

The classes are almost entirely within the realm of IT and then within that mostly programming. I found the programming courses to be good, but in different fields, the options were few and the quality poor. For example, I was hoping to take some courses on mobile application design, but there wasn't much to pick from. One course was just a very basic interview with an app designer and provided very little applicable knowledge. Another series of videos for the prototyping tool Axure, were recorded haphazardly and even at some points the teacher could be heard eating in the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend if you are a programmer, young or old. If you are young or learning, there is a lot you can get from the various classes. If you are more senior, there are good classes for keeping up to date with current norms. Would probably be good for a college student as well.

The company I work for requires employees to partake in a certain number of hours of training each year, so we offer licenses of Pluralsight to anyone in the company who wants it. It's been helpful for programmers, both junior and senior, to catch up on their skills. It also if useful for helping them frequently with specific challenges since there are so many in depth classes.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"Good videos for all levels"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of courses offered and the ability to start at a beginner level and continue all the way through Advanced. I also liked the samples that are included so that I could follow the course exactly and find my mistakes easier.

What do you dislike?

Some of the moderators are difficult to understand and faster than I could follow. I had to frequently stop and backup to try to catch either the phrase or the example being demonstrated.

Some of the videos I attempted to use did not have the download files used in the videos, or the software was outdated and a different version that what I was using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best training sites I've used. The videos are very easy to follow and very detailed.

I needed to get up to speed quickly on several software products. I was able to accomplish this and start making a contribution immediately upon completion of my courses.

Pluralsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Pluralsight is a great source for learning programming"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight has got lots of courses for every technology and programming language which can be learnt easily in a simple way by watching the course videos. The videos are delivered by industry specialists and have in depth course content.

I like that Pluralsight has made the time duration for every module not more than 50 minutes. Due to this I can learn a module in a single go without getting too much pressure.

The courses are categorized in different verticals of the business industry such as IT, Core Software Development and Business etiquettes.

You are free to choose the courses as per your understanding level such as Beginner, Intermediate or Expert.

What do you dislike?

Some Microsoft .NET courses are not updated from a long time and they still have videos showing development in Visual Studio 2010, whereas today we are using Visual Studio 2013. So, there is some gap I can see in that.

Flipping of screen happens automatically in the mobile app even if you don’t want it to flip the screen of its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to learn the courses such as Java, Microsoft and Android from Pluralsight as the course content is designed beautifully covering every single aspect in a professional way. Also, it is free of cost for first 10 days. You can use it to explore how other people prefer to do coding in the programming tools like Visual Studio and Eclipse.

I have been using Pluralsight to learn Core Java. The videos for Java were having deep content related to classes and objects. Everything was explained in a detailed manner with examples for each topic/subtopic. I also learnt to debug my code in Eclipse using the Breakpoints in Debug environment.

The best thing is I can learn at my own time. I mostly watch the videos during the lunch time in my office for around 35-40 minutes while having lunch simultaneously. Pluralsight has helped me to keep my knowledge up to date with latest programming languages.

Pluralsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A great enterprise learning experience"

What do you like best?

I like how users can create channels and share them with friends. This is a great way to create a training plan for new hires in companies. Managers can create their own curriculum for new team members without the extra fluff.

What do you dislike?

So far, my experience has been good. The only thing that come to mine is it's hard to see someone's profile. For example, on some pages I couldn't click on my manager's profile icon to see what other courses he's done or created.

Training and orientation is much smoother. I'm watching courses that my manager wants and saves time from endless Google searches for tutorials.

Pluralsight review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Great online learning platform"

What do you like best?

Video lessons are all simple, easy to understand. The platform itself is user friendly, it allows me to save favorite videos, automatically save my session and begin from the exact point where I stopped, public profile to show what I have been learning to future employer.

What do you dislike?

Not many videos on new things like http2. Should allow to watch free free video without any trail signup. Sometimes the video player hangs running a lengthy video over 1 hour after running for an hour (I use chrome).Comments section does not load or take a trillion year to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is cost-effective. It is a great resource if some one wants to excel in their current job or search for a new job.

Learning the technologies which will be useful in my projects. Also to increase my knowledge and problem solving skills.

Pluralsight review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Overwhelmingly plentiful"

What do you like best?

Pluralsight offered a plethora of training videos to wade through, in my case ASP.NET, with many more topics ranging from database administration, to Photoshop, and a vast number of programming topics.

What do you dislike?

The video and training quality ranged from a professional production to what would best be described as recorded using an old webcam with basement lighting. Attempting to find training material for ASP.NET provided a lot of outdated content, lacking in the latest technologies and those which were up to date did not offer much diversity in required skill level.

Pluralsight was tried in attempt to close the gap of knowledge between previous knowledge of old ASP.NET framework releases and the ASP.NET Core. Sadly the experience left a sour taste, providing minimal benefit at this time, although the technology is new the feeling of curation at Pluralsight feels minimal.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"Pluralsight gives me the sight I need..."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to search for tutorials on topics that I need more help with. The platform is also very user-friendly and I am able to find what I need very quickly. I especially like the bookmark feature.

What do you dislike?

There are certain things that I have not found information on, which I guess isn't really the fault of the platform but more so that people aren't uploading videos relating to these topics.

I am being time-efficient by not wasting the time of other employees by asking numerous questions relating to a topic of choice.

Pluralsight review by Daniela S.
Daniela S.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

So many nice video on almost every tech argument.

The videos are really top quality and useful when you need to get up to speed quickly on a specific subject.

Also, I like the sponsorship that this company often does to tech conferences -- I currently have a pluralsight because of that

What do you dislike?

It could be cheaper, but I understand that quality videos need to be accordingly paid.

I currently have a trial account with them thanks to a collaboration they did with a conference. I am not too sure if the membership is worth it considering that usually I use coursera.

Knowledge acquisition

Pluralsight review by Sai Niranjan M.
Sai Niranjan M.

"Benchmark for e-learning"

What do you like best?

Best source for learning anything in the Microsoft stack. Specifically development tools. Wide variety of courses offered.

What do you dislike?

The pace at times tends to be slow and lack of lab environments

Staying up to date with technology

Pluralsight review by Johnie K.
Johnie K.

"Learn from Industry Experts"

What do you like best?

I like that Plurlaisight authors are vetted and industry experts. When viewing Pluralsight courses, you aren't taking a class by some college professor who couldn't make it as a programmer, and is teaching frameworks and methodologies from 20 years ago. Content is fresh, creative, and relevant.

What do you dislike?

The Windows Phone app is not treated as a first-class citizen. I don't know about the apps for other platforms.

With Pluralsight, I'm able to pick up new techniques quickly, learn new technologies, and keep fresh. Every video I watch, I always learn something new.

Pluralsight review by Samantha F.
Samantha F.

"The limits "

What do you like best?

It has a great variety of programs and topics to learn. Easily accessible, organized and interactive.

What do you dislike?

The tutorials are only viewable online which may be for legal reasons but it is a draw back, it's organized to fit only certain criteria, so if you need a specific topic item discussed you may have to look at 3 tutorials before you can understand how to do Ehat you need done; there, YouTube may actually seem like a better idea.

My team and I have been able to brush up on our skills for some programs and learn new programs that has enabled us to handle jobs and events better. We do 3D projector mapping and animations and it has helped our workflow and allowed us to be more competent in the field.

Pluralsight review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Experienced Professionals Learning Hub"

What do you like best?

Different variety of courses are available. Pluralsight covers almost all technology thats currently in the market and also the future scope of upcoming technologies are taken in concern. All the presenters are professionals having deep and through knowledge of there subjective domains.

What do you dislike?

There should be download link on site for members. For regions with low internet connectivity, they should do something. They can provide low pixel resolution videos as we have in youtube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give a try to these videos learning material. You will love them and come back again.

I have learned most of the concepts from pluralsight due to them i am able to solve the problems easily and on time.

"Best user experience"

What do you like best?

Segregation of the content in proper order is best thing in their site..

Content quality is another plus to their website.

Exercise are well formed but could be better.

What do you dislike?

In someplace unwanted animation irritate me sometimes and they cause refresh the page and navigating to and forth.

Learning path could be formed officially and newer version of the product can be thought.

Make the cost little bit lower so that it could be affordable.

Student discounts can be added to attract student audience. so that it would be really helpful for them.

Benefits:

I learn technology using pluralsight, Practicing them makes sense than just watching the video and sitting.

Assessment helps me learn the concepts even better. these are the best stuff i would say they benefits me even more.

Pluralsight review by Consultant

"They mint money for no reason"

What do you like best?

They have good videos but these are definitely available on other std platform like youtube, udacity, coursera

What do you dislike?

I was on a free trail for 10 days and cancelled it a day before my subscription started but I was still charged for the subscription. Their support is pathetic and not well recorded. It first says we are not available and immediately throws a message - we are busy helping other customers, we will be with you shortly. I would prefer going any other online course platform. It took me took hours to figure out the support contact and still my issue didn't get resolved because I am not sure if they are working or are closed. It's like I am wasting money to waste time. Pathetic experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enhance your customer experience and satisfaction bars.

None

Pluralsight review by Ethan C.
Ethan C.

"Engaging and In-Depth Explanation of key technology features"

What do you like best?

I loved the videos by qualified instructors. They gave an easy explanation and code which was easy to follow. Moreover, the video lengths gave enough time for students to truly understand each concept of a certain technology like the Mean Stack in depth.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the lack of code submission. I'd like pluralsight to add this so that students could learn more from their own mistakes rather than copying and following someone else's code.

It helped educated my colleagues on certain technology stacks in a fast amount of time.

Pluralsight review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Great Learning Resource"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of excellent tutorials and explanation videos available. I've been able to find most things I need on Pluralsight, and the video tutorials are excellent quality.

What do you dislike?

Some of the categories are a bit outdated. For example, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM development training is for a fairly old version of Dynamics, and does not adequately reflect the current API layer.

In general, we've used this to solve some of the difficultly around training for new systems and technology with programmers.

Pluralsight review by Anders L.
Anders L.

"The obvious choice for professional skill education"

What do you like best?

The content is high quality and up to date. Anytime I need to learn a new language or tool, they usually have current training on it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are gaps in the tech/languages/tools they have training for. They have most things, but sometimes I run into a specific area that isn't covered.

Primarily education for myself and team members.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"Deep Learning made Easy"

What do you like best?

The library of content available to users -- there is literally something for everyone. The content itself is high quality and the method to administer tests to gauge user learning is seamless.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is too much on a given topic that it may not be easy to know with which course to start with. Some course materials are higher quality than others in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot of content out there. Know what you want to learn before starting to browse the tool.

Project management professional preparation and accredited coursework as well as javascript coding and technical learning.

Pluralsight review by User in Computer Software

"The online library for all technical stuff"

What do you like best?

In the IT domain the technology keeps changing and staying up to date with the latest trends is vital for your own survival. Plural Sight is a one stop place where you can watch tutorials about multiple technologies be it .NEt , Javascript, Web technologies etc.

What do you dislike?

I kind of dislike the new user interface which they have implemented. Along with this I would like to be shown the list of new tutorials added based on my own interest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Its an online library of all the cool stuff.

1. Learning the latest in the field

2. Brushing up older concepts

3. Learning from the people best in the business. Experience is the best teacher

Pluralsight review by User in Higher Education