Plytix

Plytix is a central hub where e-commerce teams can manage their products. Enrich, organize, and distribute product content with the Plytix PIM and analyze cross-channel performance with the Plytix Product Analytics tool.

Work for Plytix?

Learning about Plytix?

Plytix Reviews

Ask Plytix a Question
Showing 18 Plytix reviews
Plytix review by Jamie P.
Jamie P.

"Easy Simple PIM System"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to use cloud-based PIM System. The team is very responsive and implement updates and needed updates quickly. When there is a feature required, they listen very well and either provide a solution or add it to their roadmap. Also it is quite affordable and very flexible payment options.

The best thing is their support - the team is very responsive and happy to help you through hurdles you may encounter as well as suggestions on other channels/ideas that may benefit your business

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like. I think the media files library could use a little better UX/features, but it is simple and very straightforward. I would like to see formulas added the system as well, but I believe it is on their roadmap...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple system, so if you are looking to get started with PIM it is great, the team is great, and I highly recommend starting with them.

Consolidation of Product information from multiple systems has helped us to keep all the same information in each system. It is much easier changing the info once. It has also helped in making sure all product information is more accurate and organized.

It also helped up to analyze our product information in one place to get a better understanding of the needs of the different channels and what attributes we needed to think about for each product. As we grow, the PIM system is going to be more and more critical and we will prove even more benefits of the system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Plytix
Plytix review by Dhesaka J.
Dhesaka J.

"Brilliant piece of software! Has saved hundreds of hours. "

What do you like best?

One of the most useful and user-friendly applications that I have had the pleasure of using! Using Plytix has saved us a considerable amount of time, instead of having to do repetitive data entry tasks.

What do you dislike?

Your support section is okay, but video guides would be amazing and i highly recommend having some available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a call with one of their sales reps like we did, and they will walk you through all the benefits of their remarkable software. I would look into their competitors and do same, and you will easily see why Plytix is the obvious choice for Product Information Management. In terms of pricing, Plytix offers so much value for what they are charging, we wish we were introduced to Plytix months earlier when we were onboarding various retailers and had to reply on a google Doc spreadsheet. Plytix is leaps and bounds better than the old primate way that we used to operate.

Product Information Management. Significant time saving, instead of having to fill in the same repetitive data on all our vendor sites we have one hub for everything.

What Product Information Management (PIM) solution do you use?

Plytix review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Perfect, flexible PIM solution that won't break the bank."

What do you like best?

We found Plytix at the perfect time. We were just at the cusp of not being able to manage our product content in excel and Dropbox any longer, but all the well known PIM solutions wanted 10's of thousands of dollars a year. We couldn't swing this either. We searched high and low and finally found Plytix. It was perfect - we could tailor our PIM data structure to our product and manage all our media/assets alongside our product information. Plytix is young, so you may find specific features that are available in the larger more mature (but what I think are bloated) PIM solutions, but don't let this worry you. The Plytix team is suuuuuper open to feature suggestions and I must say a number of the things we needed that were originally missing have since been implemented.

What do you dislike?

My only real critique are small - mostly missing features here and there (a lot of which I believe are in the pipeline):

- No autogenerating of thumbnails for PDFs, videos or anything other than images really

- No serious image manipulation or custom file naming on catalog export

Stuff like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you can justify spending a fortune for a bloated solution. Do yourself a favor and consider Plytix...

Hosting (catalogs) and delivering product data and assets to our 50+ retailers.

Plytix review by Brian Z.
Brian Z.

"Great PIM for smaller companies"

What do you like best?

We reviewed several PIM tools and the scale (and cost) of them was just way to much for us. Plytix offered a cost effective tool with all of the core functionality we needed and we didn't have take out a loan to afford it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike so far. There are lots of places where Plytix can add additional functionality and they are doing that a fairly rapid pace but the core functions are solid.

Our marketing person needed to update product information in at least three different systems between print, intranet, and internet, every time a product change was made. With Plytix we are moving towards one repository for our marketing information that can be pushed out over multiple channels. This will be a huge benefit for us due to our limited resources for marketing.

Plytix review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Absolutely perfect for our needs. There is nothing else that even compares!"

What do you like best?

The ability to shape the platform with attributes. We aren't limited by an off the rack system.

What do you dislike?

I have 2 suggestions: First, I would have is to be able to "duplicate" items vs. having to manually enter each new item. Second, it would be amazing to be able to edit attributes when you view all products, directly in that list. The update to bulk edit is great but I still feel like it could be make more seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only speak to the tool as an information mgmt system but from that perspective, it is brilliant and again, seems to be the only thing out there that does what it does.

Being able to manage and provide access to all information in one single place is priceless.

Plytix review by Isaiah L.
Isaiah L.

"Best Value and Best Value Added Support and Service"

What do you like best?

We like the price and terrific customer support. They are one of the best support we have ever came across in any type of online digital marketing services. The use of the product is very obvious and take a short learning curve. Setup was very easy with the help of the support team. The use of the platform is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The thumbnail images are a little too small. It would be great to see a bigger size thumbnails.

We have resolved the issue of managing too many spread sheets and not knowing what the products look like. It is complete deposit box for our product contents and employees can be synced with the same information all the time.

Plytix review by Executive Sponsor in Food Production
Executive Sponsor in Food Production

"A lot of power in a simple package"

What do you like best?

Even though we're looking forward to more features and functions as the product matures, one of the best elements of Plytix is that it is simple, straight-forward and easy to digest. Many systems we looked at were overly complex and their features got in the way of just getting things "done". Plytix has a lot of power (at a great price) but it keeps things simple.

What do you dislike?

Needs more security roles and the ability to limit users to what fields of data they can access. This would allow us to use across a broader set of users and functions across our company to expand our PIM with even more useful data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to medium-complexity PIM projects are a good fit especially if quick startup is required.

We were extremely limited in our product catalog in our ERP system. And spreadsheets weren't scalable to allow to create longer, more descriptive descriptions and add many valuable fields of data that aren't supported in our ERP. Plus having a web interface to quickly update products - rather than our green-screen ERP system - is important for us to allow many different users to access the PIM. And having this expanded data set is allowing us to centralize data but distribute to many more systems such as our new mobile ordering platform and eventually our supplier management platform.

Plytix review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Easy-to-Use Product Information Management Software at a great pice"

What do you like best?

Plytix is easy to navigate and understand. Their customer success team had us familiar with the software in a matter of a few phone calls. It is easy to edit products within the platform and see which ones are missing information. The ability to also create custom catalogs is also very helpful. The pricing is also unbelievable. Compared to similar software that is out there, Plytix provides a proper PIM tool without breaking the bank. There are other add-ons like Venzee that can easily be integrated with Plytix.

What do you dislike?

The initial import can take some time to map out all of the right categories and attributes, but once the grunt work is done it will be all set for future imports.

Keeping our product information organized in one place for all of our vendors has become much easier. No more updating spreadsheets. This is a one-stop information hub for all of our products.

Plytix review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Best PIM for the price and scope."

What do you like best?

The Plytix user interface is clean, simple and very easy to use. It doesn't overwhelm a new user with complicated instructions or finicky data imports. What you see is what you get. Which is great for those of us that have many responsibilities besides product inventory management.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to adjust the size of the images on a catalog PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small to medium business and new to managing product data, then Plytix Index PIM may be the platform you need. It allows you to maintain your files in one central source from which you can distribute the latest product data to your website and internal team members.

Our company is setting up an e-commerce store on our website and we need the product data to be imported. The Plytix PIM feed is great for importing the products and keeping them up to date.

Plytix review by Administrator

"Cost-effective, high impact solution for SMEs"

What do you like best?

Very easy set-up, fantastic support from the account managers (thanks Tim!) and the support team. Plytix is very open about user feedback, and actually implement your suggestions if they make sense for the platform as a whole. They are a rapidly growing company, so new features are being added regularly.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike per say, but the platform doesn't yet have all of the features leading PIMs do. Then again, the price is absolutely unbeatable, and they are making many updates to offer more features. If you come from a different PIM, just make sure to do your due diligence in terms of matching up what you need vs. what they offer.

Catalog loading time can be a bit slow sometimes.

Centralizing all of our product information to avoid silos, feeding product information into our website, giving our sales people easy access to product information.

Plytix review by Al D.
Al D.

"Plytix rocks!"

What do you like best?

Plytix is incredibly easy to use and so easy to customize it to meet our needs. And their customer service is outstanding. Since signing up with them or item setup process has drastically improved.

What do you dislike?

Kind of hard to find anything I don't like, because if there is something you don't like they fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

We use it to store and export our product data. We are able to create custom exports that match our customers needs, thereby speeding up the process of getting items online.

Plytix review by Mai J.
Mai J.

"User friendliness and ONE place for all my product data "

What do you like best?

The user friendliness and the price!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could do stock-management in the PIM, but I know it's not really the place for it and I've got a workaround that works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This solution has everything you need in a PIM - at a fraction of the price. The fact that you can make your own product feeds in the PIM is a massive game changer when selling on multiple channels. Their Support team is also super helpful and it's nice to deal with "real people".

I am saving a lot of time on creating and maintaining Products Information and media assets internally and sharing it externally. I finally have ONE place for all of my data and it's always updated and availble to me no matter where I am.

"My Plytix Experience"

What do you like best?

I only use the catalog feature. My account manager was very good at helping me through the setup process and working together to figure out a solution for some of my unique requirements. Once I understood how the catalogs functioned; I have found it easy to use as an administrator.

What do you dislike?

There are some catalog functionalities that didn't quite suit my needs (mainly around showing the colour choices for various products). My account manager found a solution, but it is not the easiest to navigate. The Analytics for the catalog are not very robust. I would like to have visibility as to who has looked at my catalog. Also, I work on EST, and it seems that whenever I need to Live Chat with someone, the help centre has closed.

I am now able to provide a catalog of some of my products. We have only been live a short while - so the benefits have not yet been realized.

Plytix review by Administrator

"Plytix is a time saver!"

What do you like best?

I am the data side of our account. I have absolutely LOVED the ease of importing, updating attributes, creating new attributes, and being able to search by those items.

What do you dislike?

I'd say the only dislike is that if you aren't tech/data savvy you may not understand some of the lingo. So making in more user friendly for those that aren't as knowledgeable would be helpful.

We have created a online catalog for customers that would never have been possible or simple to send as the one we've created with Plytix. Its a HUGE help and is definitely going to bring in sales!

Plytix review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"Great customer service. Easy setup and functionally."

What do you like best?

Fast and functional. And easy to use. Really quick and easy setup.

What do you dislike?

Attribute layout is not user friendly . Hard to visually see all you attributes when you have over 50+ fields.

Consistent data across all our customer sites.

Plytix review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great team, but less than dazzling product"

What do you like best?

It covers the basic needs and the customer service and support is excellent

What do you dislike?

the program is a bit weak and updates/downloads can take forever. our biggest problem though was a lack of data validation in mass uploads

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a great starter PIM. It has basic features, well priced, and great customer support. We are seeming to outgrow the platform though

we used it to manage our product information as well as for marketing feeds.

Plytix review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Free PIM that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's a PIM that's easy to understand. And on top of that it makes it easy to distribute product information internally and externally.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have variation handling, but I know they're working on that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool for any SMB. It's free and does the trick. Even the premium version is cheaper than any other PIM on the market.

I am saving a lot of time on creating, updating and distributing content related to my products. Such as EAN, UPC, SKU, Descriptions, Specs and photos etc.

Plytix review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

Easy functionality, static list being able to update automatically and the ease of adding filters

What do you dislike?

Too many layers sometimes. Have to import a file every time to input new data. should be compatible to sql or more dynamic

Pricing variations for individual customers. Good platform. Takes a while to get hands on. But the user documentation helps.

Learn more about Plytix

Plytix Videos

Plytix Downloads

Learning about Plytix?

* We monitor all Plytix reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.