Podio

Podio lets you get work done with your co-workers and clients on a social work platform that you make your own.

Work for Podio?

Learning about Podio?

Podio Reviews

Showing 231 Podio reviews
Podio review by Susan D.
Susan D.
View Original

"PODIO is powerful, flexible and a HUGE time-saver!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Podio
Podio review by Tori W.
Tori W.

"Real Estate CRM - Great for customizing work flow, but extremely labor intensive"

What do you like best?

1) Podio offers customization to create work flows, items, and projects to fit YOUR team's needs. Our real estate team houses our METS, FARM, and Past Clients databases in addition to our incoming requests, buyer leads, seller leads, contingent deals, and listings.

2) The design of adding progress buttons is a fun way to manage projects and ensure everyone is on track. 3) Podio connects well to Zapier for capturing FB leads for lead generation.

What do you dislike?

1) Since Podio is SO customizable, it requires a lot of manual labor. Only one teammate is trained to edit workflows and items, which has become burdensome and time consuming. When a work flow breaks, it stalls activities until it is fixed.

2) I would not recommend utilizing Podio's tasks since they cannot be separated into different lists like Basecamp or Trello.

3) I wish Podio automatically showcased data in graphs and metrics on the front page, had a dialer, logged text and phone call correspondence, found our clients on social media, and had marketing package options.

We are using Podio to solve our need for a CRM, contract coordination, and staying in constant contact with our clients.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Podio review by Jose M.
Jose M.

"The best Project Management and Collaboration Software"

What do you like best?

For me Podio is the best app I have ever used in regards to project management, it allows you to create new tasks among your team, to track progress, to interact within the task.

Also, you can create/install apps inside workplaces.

You can manage, as an admin, all access to workplaces and apps, depending on the type of users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI makes the app a little bit slow, chat fails sometimes, and you need to refresh the page in order to load new messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app has everything that you are looking for in a project management tool.

Interaction and control of tasks assigned to others, you can create a pipeline, and see how the task is being completed.

When creating or installing new apps, it allows you to customize based on your own needs.

Podio review by Eugenie C.
Eugenie C.

"A good program for the work of our team"

What do you like best?

The program allows you to ensure the transparency of work processes and improve the communication with staff. With the help of the administration function, you can quickly make the necessary changes. The program is reliable and safe for your business. You can also use Podio in the mobile version, which allows you to be always up to date with all the events.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand of some functions of Podio. Saving documents to the database is slow, and if there are many, the copying may take several minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose the right price category for your business, see what features you will have when you purchase a paid subscription. The first setup of the service requires a lot of time and knowledge, but then the whole process is easy and simple.

The program is useful for our business and helps us to go to our goal. Podio is easy to store all the necessary documents for work, which also simplifies the workflow.

Podio review by Angela G.
Angela G.

"Podio for basic project management needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of customization for data fields. Building spec needs out is very intuitive, and I like being able to include a photo of each project as a quick visual guide. I also appreciate the ease of searching for past projects.

What do you dislike?

My uses for Podio are very basic, and so far, they have met all my needs and expectations, therefore I haven't disliked anything with the product so far. I dislike that the max file upload size is limited to 100MB (which is very large, but unfortunately, often times my files are larger than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Podio is great for managing projects. We did not use a lot of the collaboration features of the software, but I know there is so much that the product offers that we haven't tapped into. One of the best features of Podio compared to many other project management options is that they offer unlimited storage space.

The ability to manage the intake of projects, and the ability to search for past projects and their specs is fantastic. We were working with a paper trail before using Podio, and being able to record the information digitally has made the workflow much more efficient.

Podio review by Iona M.
Iona M.

"Pretty simple solution"

What do you like best?

Podio really allows me to manage access to our company workspaces with the ability to make fast regulation. I have the opportunity to invite our clients, freelancers and another external workflow member. I can add attachments and leave a comment there and see all history of another user actions. At last, I can easily understand all working process.

What do you dislike?

The price is up, I guess it is will be better to work with less pay. But everything is good working and I will stay far away from the complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform has all useful tools which we need at work. It is a nice software which will always make your working duties right. Very happy that we all have the ability to work with higher quality and have great sharing system, ability to control our tasks and much more. I recommend it to you.

We are sure that all our projects under control. We have the ability to choose simple tables or dynamic documents and then build reports, with which we will always be informed of the current conditioned of projects

Podio review by David C.
David C.

"Really flexible tool to manage a lot of business topics"

What do you like best?

The best about Podio is its flexibility and ease of use, you can start experimenting a lot of ideas with almost no technical knowledge. The data structure is really well developed and there are a lot of examples available that solves common business problems

What do you dislike?

Some features are not really well developed, for example the fields with calculations capabilities are very buggy, also the dates feature is good but not really useful as is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version has the most important features to start getting most of the app, after you have tried for a while you can consider the premium features which enable really complex workflows

We use Podio to track our sales efforts, from a first approach to our clients to after sales process, we save all the info about our clients and deals. We also use Podio to organize our support processes for our clients, managing due dates, tasks and terms of service.

Podio review by Peta W.
Peta W.

"Incredibly adaptable all-in-one solution for growing companies"

What do you like best?

* Nothing compares to Podio in terms of flexibility, workflows and integrations.

* Podio a solution that works across all sectors and all sizes of company.

* It can be used across all company departments including HR, logistics, marketing & PR, and finance

What do you dislike?

* The interface is ugly!

* There is no simple payment integration.

* Editing data from the table view would be helpful (it's currently only achievable with a plugin such as Super Menu)

* The activity feed takes up a lot of space and cannot be moved.

* Speaker onboarding and management process for a conference enabling the organization to move away from spreadsheets and grow exponentially.

* Increase capacity and revenue of an Amazon seller by streamlining and automating the product ordering process thereby eliminating product outages.

* Sales funnel for a real estate company including workflows to ensure clients are responded to in a timely manner and follow-ups are completed to minimize lost sales.

* Intranet for a national non-profit with workspaces for fundraising, communication, HR, event management, volunteer management, logistics, marketing & PR, and finance

Podio review by Lionel M.
Lionel M.

"A good program for robots."

What do you like best?

Podio actually gives me the opportunity to manage access to our company's workstations with the ability to quickly adjust. It is very good to use this software in work. Constantly can help increase the productive process in work. Also Podio can be used in mobile version, which is very easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

For beginners, it may seem very difficult to use. Sometimes it's hard to understand some of Podio's features. Saving documents in the database is slow, and if there are a lot of them, copying can take several minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software enables you to use the tools you need. All you need for work you will find in Podio. This platform is actually useful. Has the optimum connection quality. Also easy to use

With this platform, we can make our plan more organized. We perfectly control our trading team and improve the way we work together with the purpose of our business. Podio just save all the necessary documents for work, which also simplifies the workflow.

Podio review by Del R.
Del R.

"The easiest way to control all your performance."

What do you like best?

I have the ability to control all connected accessories in one place immediately makes easily work on any task.Much better and easy to make an agreement with potential customers about our deal. I like that adding tools will update in real time.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have anything bad with this software. Will be better to pay less. But with this ability, I can have everything that I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software allows you to use working tools which you will need. The product will give you the higher quality of performance. As for me, the platform has a great management system.

With this platform, we can do our project more organized. We have great control of our sales team and better the way of operating together for our business. The software always helps us easily manage the current tasks and develop.

Podio review by Alba María D.
Alba María D.

"GREAT TOOL for TEAMS"

What do you like best?

Empezamos a usar este CRM para un cliente que esta armando e incrementando su equipo y quería que todo mundo estuviera conectado y en el mismo canal sobre sus bases de datos d clientes y nos ha funcionado muy bien ya que te da muchas opciones de conectividad en el equipo.

What do you dislike?

Al principio fue un poco complicado conocer el funcionamiento porque hay que apegarse a tu espacio de trabajo pero nada tan complicado que no se pueda resolver preguntado.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy bueno para fomentar la integración de equipos, facil de usa y como también. Tiene un diseño muy limpio y no te satura de información innecesaria

Conectividad! Lo usamos para trabajar de manera remota con una base de datos en constante cambio e incremento. Las funciones de esta CRM nos ha permitido mantenernos en contacto y manejando la información de nuestros clientes y nuestos leads.

Podio review by Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.

"Great for team communication but could be more functional"

What do you like best?

Polio makes it easy to communicate with my coworkers, whether it's via chat (and saving the convos) or assigning tasks to others and making comments.

It is also nice that we can see what edits other coworkers make to areas you are also working in. I also like being able to subscribe to certain workplaces and apps that pertain to me.

I also like that you can create forms through Podio and that all of the submissions go to a designated app within Podio.

I also really like the "tasks" function, as well as the availability to set up workflows.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cannot simply copy information over from "spreadsheets" without clicking on the line item and opening it up. It would be great if you could use some template like a spreadsheet and able to simply drag the mouse over multiple line items to copy elsewhere. Coming from using Smartsheet, this is a big problem. On Podio, if you want to do that you have to export the app and then use it as an excel sheet. So, our company still uses Smartsheet for tracking sales.

I also do not like the integration of my google calendar with the Podio calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read all of the FAQs and support that you can. Know that you cannot use like a spreadsheet unless you export it. It is great for team collaboration and workflows.

One of the problems we are solving by using Podio is that we are able to save all information in one platform. It is also a great way for us to organize each event by its own workspace and build apps within each one.

I have greatly benefited from the ability to subscribe to specific apps/workplaces, as well as the "tasks" function.

Podio review by Bram L.
Bram L.

"Unfocused freedom"

What do you like best?

That you basically can build anything you want. Making relationships between the different "apps" are super easy and empowers your data. Also some of the ways of viewing data is pretty good.

Globiflow is really powerfull so get that too.

What do you dislike?

The unfocused nature of the platform. It does not seem like any app is really meant to be a calendar (you cannot make a new appointment directly for instance), there is no sync with mails other than to a weird unorganised "feed", and you have to scroll through all of your data in a single row even though you might be rocking a 27" screen. Also all invites require the invitee to be a Podio member.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Globiflow. Don't expect calendaring to work.

CRM, handling signups to events, KPI tracking, time sheets, vacations, dashboards, billing, meetings, budget forecasting, deal handling pretty much everything but inbound marketing. Pretty much everything a modern company could need.

Podio review by Ken D.
Ken D.

"The flexibility is both its greatest strength and weakness"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much use Podio for anything.

Workflow automation.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in access control features.

Full workflow support requires GlobiFlow but should be built-in at second tier.

Expensive at the higher tiers which include features that should be available to all levels.

Very steep learning curve for new users.

It should be possible to have a master template for workspaces so that changes do not need to be manually duplicated.

Task management should be better. Take Todoist as an example.

The mobile app for Android needs improvement.

Chat is lacking. Take Slack as an example.

We use Podio as our internal CMS and CRM. We very much appreciate the possibility of keeping everything organized in a single platform. However, the flexibility provided by Podio and the lack of tools to keep things consistent or limit access to specific fields within apps for instance, means it's easy to break things and it takes a lot of manual work to make any changes across multiple workspaces.

Podio review by Douglass E.
Douglass E.

"Very good software to work with. "

What do you like best?

I like that everything that I'm doing, everything is right. Very good to use that software at work. Always helps to increase effective process at work. I see that my team works more concentrate and better. I really like.

What do you dislike?

As for me, everything works well and right. Will be better to make the price down. But generally, tools are good.More important that it really helps.Very good support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

About that software, I can say that everything that you need at work you will find here. The platform is really useful. Has the good quality of the connection. Easy to use.

Good job in our target. Great to know that we can increase our sale. Great platform to make our skills better. With this program, we are working very fast because everything is automatic.

Podio review by Danny D.
Danny D.

"Podio"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create custom apps within Podio. I really think it's helped me organize my business in a great fashion. I also love that there's a mobile friendly app! I also love the custom alerts, which helps keep me on track of tasks while not being overwhelmed with a to-do list. Whenever I have an existing client call me, I can easily just pull up their information on my phone and know exactly who I'm talking to and regarding what matters. I also love the integration between different apps. For example, I integrate my client and leads applications in order to smoothly grab client contact information while creating a lead, or vic versa. I also use it to keep track of money coming in, as well as whether or not that money has been distributed to taxes, profits, owner's pay and operating expenses. Overall, I can't think of any major or minor issues that prevent me from loving Podio. I would highly recommend it to a friend, whether one looking to organize their lives or businesses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind that I dislike about Podio!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customization within apps is amazing and should definitely be considered!

I'm a magician, and I use Podio to track the status of gigs, whether they're booked, proposals have been sent, etc. I also use it for CRM and keeping client notes, as well as keeping of income and expenses.

Podio review by Administrator

"Podio makes my job easier!"

What do you like best?

Podio makes it easy to have my entire team work in one place. I am able to see what everyone is doing, make comments in real time, and update anything easily.

What do you dislike?

The calendar is not able to be color coordinated. I have noticed that this is an issue many people have had when searching for a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really create the space that is going to work best for you. Sometimes you have to make changes to the format to make it the best for what you are doing. I also use the download feature quite frequently to free up more space in the actual application.

Previously, our reports were all in different formats, but now everyone is able to follow the same format. We are able to coordinate and collaborate seamlessly, from all over the country.

Podio review by Olga G.
Olga G.

"Great for linear projects"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate in between the different modules--if I'm searching for something I can search within the app or I can search throughout the entire system.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to learn how to link a project to a customer, etc. You have to set up the workflow yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales. Not so much for an actual CRM system.

It's not something that we can integrate with Infor for customer orders, returned materials/warranties, billing or anything to comment about customer preferences, issues, etc. We have to document all of that separately.

It is great for initial start-up of a project and for recording sales. It's not something I would recommend as an actual CRM for the whole loop/process of closing the sale/project.

Podio review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"Podio is a great tool with a ton of versatility"

What do you like best?

Podio is so flexible. It's a very robust tool that can be customized in so many different ways. One size does not fit all, and Podio gets that. The integration between the apps and other tools makes project management so easy. The webforms and the ability to embed them directly within websites while using custom CSS is so useful! The fact that you can automate tasks is another great feature!

What do you dislike?

Often times, your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness. For the same reasons I love Podio, I also feel it is not a great tool for some. It's not the simplest or the most user friendly tool there is available because of all of its capabilities. If you're looking for the most basic of project management tools, sometimes Podio is not my recommendation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool with a lot of features. Takes a little bit to get set up and work out the details of how you'll use it best, but once you've got the ground work laid, it is a great long-term solution.

I use Podio a ton for the embedded webforms. I have a lot of custom forms used for a wide range of clients and purposes. Using the webform as a starting point for the end user is a great way to get things in order how I need them to be for project management on the back end without requiring them to be within the software. Definitely saves steps and minimizes tasks.

Podio review by Ekaterina S.
Ekaterina S.

"Amazing for complex project management and as a common workspace"

What do you like best?

1. It has numerous pre-built templates for event or project management that are perfectly customizable.

2. You don`t need to have HTML coding skills to customize it for your needs.

3. Flexible and consistent.

4. Perfect as a collaboration workspace and resource center for internal communication in an organization.

5. Has a good messenger and commenting feature, which extremely convenient when there is a discussion on several different projects.

6. Every action and change in a team workspace can be tracked.

7. My number one in web-form survey building.

What do you dislike?

1.For beginners might seem very complicated.

2. It is the top one for businesses and corporations but a bit expensive and might not be affordable for individual users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a lot of time in the beginning to learn to use it and may seem very complicated, but in the end it is worth time spent because it becomes a very natural work management software for your team.

It used to be a universal software for team and project, CRM and sales management.

Podio review by Anne A.
Anne A.

"Flexible project management software for small groups "

What do you like best?

I love how flexible the Podio platform is. I need to track progress on a variety of different projects, and I am able to do that through creating custom apps to track the exact metrics to meet my benchmarks. The task tool makes it easy to assign tasks to others, identify what to do each day, and make progress on all of my projects at the pace I need.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup can take time, especially if you are building apps to customize Podio to your own needs. That said, more time will be saved in efficiency and clear communication down the line!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time you need to get projects setup correctly.

Podio makes it easy to multitask effectively. When juggling multiple projects, it is easy to lose the forest through the trees or vice versa. Through the combined use of apps in Podio and tasks, I am able to keep track of both the individual actions I need to take to move a project along, as well as the bigger benchmarks we need to hit in order ton complete a project on-time. It is easy to use Podio in small groups to assign tasks to colleagues, allowing us to work together and clearly communicate our expectations of each other.

Podio review by Caroline T.
Caroline T.

"Podio is great if it's the only thing you use"

What do you like best?

I like the workplace component. This allows different projects and teams to have their own space to work. It keeps everything related in one place which is handy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way they save documents on podio. If you have a ton of them then it's not the most organized method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think podio has really good potential when it comes to project management. I find that it can be confusing at times and I end up having half of my tasks in podio and everything else in another app like todoist. I also wish there was a notification feature that wasn't email.

It's easy to keep people accountable by assigning tasks to each member. It keeps everyone on the same page and it shows what each person is working on.

Podio review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Podio is a very versatile, customizable database tool"

What do you like best?

I like how flexible the tools in Podio are in terms of customizing how each app in Podio looks and behave. It presents me with many of the strengths of other tools, such as fobugz, basecamp, and trello--combined together under one platform. Beyond the customization, I've enjoyed the different views for the apps, including especially the one that arranges my records as cards in different columns.

What do you dislike?

I have leaned away from Podio because one thing that suffers from its focus on flexibility is the poor user interface. Everything is so geared around allowing the admins to develop customized apps that the user experience becomes quite poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take time out to carefully plot out the different types of data that you will be storing in Podio and then plan out how you will structure your different workspaces and apps to meet your needs. You can create relationships between the workspaces/apps but it can be cumbersome.

I have used Podio for many different scenarios, such as tracking projects, tasks, bugs/feature changes, and at one point for user support tickets.

Podio review by Anderson G.
Anderson G.

"Really flexible and customizable "

What do you like best?

I started using it because it is really flexible and allow very customised forms, and register of tasks and other stuff. The integration you can create between items is very useful. We used for all the teams in our company. It was good to add since development information to business information.

What do you dislike?

It lacks a better way to view items from multiple apps, which deny you to see a better big picture of your registers, or assigned items. It can be slow sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works really great, just miss a better way to see reports and items from multiple apps, workspaces or projects. If we have a view which merges items from different workspaces filtering by assigned fields, and select specific fields to display in the list, that would solve the biggest problem we had there.

We used it as the place to keep track of bugs, development tasks, reviews, deployments, and internal files.

Podio review by Synthia F.
Synthia F.

"Fast install and strong secured"

What do you like best?

With match content and processes within one device, the software guarantees the clarity of work and makes the activities of your staff higher. That's true.

What do you dislike?

I found a just good thing about that software.Helps so much on your subjects. I have some friends who don't' like to work with it.(I guess it is about to price).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very convenient management.Very fast connection.Perfect and fun to make your app. Easy to use. Great work with automatic things.I like it very much .And recommend it to you.

Very good work on our team.Helps to increase our sales target, We are trying to grow our knowledge to a new level step.Also, good things that all job are automatically here.

Podio review by Hudha I.
Hudha I.

"Sharing & Storing "

What do you like best?

The best thing about podio is we are able to do our task managing to get the whole team on board. We can run all our company meetings, conversation , disscussion and visual marketing in one platform without multible tabs and confusion. Simply it has all the deadlins and to do list and meeting organized. And we always can provide an overview of the projects we have worked on

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is not user friendly. When i first started using podia i had a very hard time using it without assistance. And I prefer it had a different storage managment other than google drive or dropbox. Since we already have a limited space and our personal thing in our drive it is better if podia provide a diffrent platform for storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great platform to do all your task managment and supervice and keep track of your staff work. You can then and there check on all the projects and comment or inquire about the progress and further my favaourite was the calender where you can keept track of all your meeting, appoinments and vacation. And on top we all can see who is managing which task withouts sending mails here and therer.

Well Podia is the best platform for multitasking and project management. My previous company is using podia to demonstarate and carry new projects. It is quite managble and easy to supervise all tasks,if you really know it.

Podio review by Manal I.
Manal I.

"Web platform for work"

What do you like best?

It is very very interactive, easy to communicate with colleagues. I especially liked the status update features, which completely made emails / memos unnecessary. The layout was also very user friendly. The consolidated view of the company projects / the classes / other employees, their class strategies / homework updates etc was very beneficial for other co-tutors to also learn from.

What do you dislike?

Project management and work space intranets were a bit more complicated, it required a lot of assistance. I used it a few years ago under my previous employer, and on later times when I try to log in even my specific account is not shown. The deliverable features have always been confusing to me and it's functioning, perhaps a training session or user manuals for the platform be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires some time to understand and implement properly. Maybe if you are looking for a kkong-term use for a network of many people, Podio is an absolute solution.

When I was working for an online company that had employees from different regions of the world, Podio was a very convenient platform to connect us timely. Each one of us were given accounts and included in the workspace intranet - which helped us in getting immediate updates about our colleagues, the workprogress, new initiatives taken.

Podio review by BENNY D.
BENNY D.

"make work easy"

What do you like best?

I can manage all the deadlines and target to be done related project because of this application.While I access my project on it because of it I get my all over progress on project

What do you dislike?

mobile version is not that much good and as there is no remember me feature I have to sign in again as I get signed out

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should allow remember me feature and work on the mobile version application as it is good for the desktop

Not only it helps me in managing my project but because of it I can collaborate with my team also.Because of it my frequently used contacts are synced and easy to access others

Podio review by AnnA L.
AnnA L.

"Excellent when you need your own types of fields in your project management."

What do you like best?

All crm, project management and todo software are based on databases and the use of fields. And if you often use this kind of software you have probably thought more than once - "If only I could have a field to log my own special information"

Now many systems allows you to add one or several fields but PODIO allows you to completely,in an easy way, create exactly the fields you want and need.

And you don't have to start with a blank sheet - there are lots of available templates for contact cards, organisational cards and other useful information you would like to record in a database.

In PODIO I have created:

Projectmangment

A workflow to handle a complex wordpress process

Information base of marketingmaterial

Web forms to record application for different job positions

Checklist when working with design projects

and many more.

The possibility to create webforms, workflow and connect Podio to xapier and other software - apps is also a greate advantage.

With PODIO you can create your own system rather than adapting a readymade software.

What do you dislike?

Not much what I dislike more a recommendation.

If you want to build your totally own system - you really need to have basic knowledge about databases - and tables and fields.

Workflow has been a bit complicated but they are easier to create now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a test run.

If you are not into databases etc - start by using the templates available and then - change the templates to fit your needs.

And this is easy .-)

When I work, I don't have any colleagues within my own firm but dozens in other firms as well as clients.

PODIO has a very good system for sharing and allowing "outsiders" to work together with the information stored in PODIO.

So when I needed a platform to store and collect information that was going to be shared with both outside colleagues and clients PODIO made it easy. We used PODIO for memberlista, even management, todos, marketing informtion and planning. We had one app for handeling the monthly newsletters. And it worked great.

Now I use PODIO to handle and administrate wordpress support and collecting documents, informations that has to be reached by people outside my own business.

Podio review by Phil K.
Phil K.

"Great CRM for companies not looking to over-invest in some of the more robust alternatives"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great with Podio. The various dashboards and sections with a Podio account makes for a very organized home base for companies needing a CRM and/or an internal company document hub.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced functionality of Podio, in regards to automating certain process, can be a bit difficult to learn. You sometimes need someone else that is more experienced

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend learning some of the shortcuts or tricks that can be set up on Podio, particularly in regards to automating certain processes. These shortcuts are best to learn from an expert that has already learned these tricks.

Internal document/information sharing amongst our team. The ability to easily look up secure data or find details on a business partner or client is great when using Podio.

Podio review by Kevin P.
Kevin P.

"Fuels every aspect of our marketing agency"

What do you like best?

Fully customizable down to the nth degree. However you want to or choose to work & collaborate - Podio let's you VERY EASILY custom build an interface that enables that workflow.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the ONLY thing I dislike is how "forced" the chat integration is with the core product (due to the Citrix Go-To Meeting focus to up/cross-sell users). We use G-Chat and do not want/need another chat client. Otherwise, it is literally the perfect productivity & team collabo software I've ever encountered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate - this doesn't even compare to things like Basecamp. Start diving in head first and don't look back until you realize you have dozens of custom apps & workflows that are making your life SO much easier & more scalable.

Literally Podio streamlines, creates a digital data record, enables ownership + tasking + collaboration, and coallates every aspect of our business. We feed our cloud based fax machine into it, we accept & respond to job applications with it, we manage internal team office requests, onboard + offboarding, and - oh yeah - we use it to manage client projects... ;)

Podio review by William N.
William N.

"Versatile, Salable and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

PODIO is a lightweight customization platform that is surprisingly powerful and that is continually being improved. I love that PODIO has non-profit pricing, this makes it easy to adopt. We use PODIO for project management, documentation and service desk management.

What do you dislike?

PODIO has its limitations in some cases however that is what keeps it simple. I think PODIO could improve how you manage external accounts. We end up either having separate databases in each work space or we have a lot of duplicate accounts created. They could also improve their webform feature to be much more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes sure your needs don't exceed what the platform is designed to do.

We are using PODIO for project management, documentation and to mange our service desk. The biggest benefit we have realized was when we discovered we could manage out entire help desk ticking system in PODIO. It was even better once they added auto sequenced fields.

Podio review by Calvin d.
Calvin d.

"Excellent, open ended platform for collaboration and management"

What do you like best?

Basically this is a visual editor for a database and relationships between different data structures, presented in the format of projects, workflows, calendars, and datapoints. It is flexible, open ended, and efficient, and serves as a great repository for all our work.

The mobile app also works well, keeping me updated on tasks and comments. Email to assign task is also a great feature for quickly adding tasks while on the run, or when dealing with client Emails.

What do you dislike?

Because of its flexibility, it tends to have a high learning curve when it comes to setting up events, relationships, etc. It also can lead to decision paralysis regarding best practices if a good development or production process does not already exist apart from Podio.

It also seems to be a very JavaScript intensive GUI, so many pages, like our calendar, timesheets, and active websites, seems to run quite slowly when compared to simply loading everything on the page at once. I feel that having the option to switch this feature would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a solid execution and lifecycle process before jumping in, as you need that to model your Podio experience.

We manage print and digital projects for hundreds of clients, from initial briefing to design and either sending to printer or to development department to turn into website, Facebook Ad, etc.

Podio review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Dynamic and user friendly information management system"

What do you like best?

The best feature for me is how easy and intuitive it is to link items together. Very much like a relational database, if an item is somehow related to another item, that relationship is clearly visible.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be a bit better. When creating a new entry, you need to scroll down to the bottom of a menu to select "Create New". It would be nice to have that option first, since the majority of the time we are creating new entries, instead of selecting existing ones.

We are using Podio to solve the problem of organizing come of our intra-departmental data centrally in an easily collaborative way.

Podio review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Podio Is Great for Customization and generating workflow tasks"

What do you like best?

Podio is very flexible in allowing you to customize the fields you need and in mapping different tables (apps) together via relationships. There are thousands of apps already made, or you can design from scratch.

What do you dislike?

As with most small priced CRMs, the reporting is minimal. Our firm is still relatively new to Podio (2 months), but it appears I will have to export the data and message in excel/access to get the robust reporting I want. There may be a way to do it through Globiflow, but I havent got there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think thru your relationships among apps. We used a consultant (referred trough Podio) to help us map everything out in advance.

We were using ACT, which was working well as far as simplictity. With Podio, I can now import all my data in before doing direct mail campaigns so the data is available when respondents call in. Obviouly, the system helps us manage and track all incoming leads, and schedule appointments.

Podio review by Nooshin R.
Nooshin R.

"Podio makes collaboration easy"

What do you like best?

It facilitates communication between different parties. It's easy to keep track of the events and projects. It is very flexible and you can easily customize it based on your requirements. But, at the same time, you should be very careful with the setup. It can be complicated and confusing if you try to add every capability.

It is very easy to chat or just drop a line to your colleagues. You can instantly seen if there is any progress in your projects and you can react to it.

What do you dislike?

Time tracking can be an issue. You get all the information, but sometimes you may wonder about the time sequence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. you can get a free account, with limited features. It would be nice to check it out for yourself to see if you like the environment. It might seem confusing at first, but once you get to know it better, you will enjoy using it. It is a very interesting social networking platform for business and a good tool for work management. But it may be difficult to manage for bigger companies with hundreds / thousands of users.

We had a project which involved screening a huge number of companies in several focus groups. Different people were assigned to every focus group and they all went through several stages of the project. It would be very difficult to coordinate all these people without Podio.

Podio review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Cheap but not very effective"

What do you like best?

It's simple enough to use. Ability to customize apps is nice.

What do you dislike?

How apps do not communicate. (i.e. create an app for leads that evolve to sales but in the sales app it does not pull data from previous app or continue to update both). The lack of integration with other platforms like payrolling capabilities, applicants directly applying to system, termination codes, reporting on previous data, tracking tasks, projecting profits, overall project management if very hard to track easily in this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal for single hosting needs. Not best suited for more complex models (i.e. general labor applicants, sales rep applicants, Leads, etc are not the easiest to host in this system)

It is currently our CRM software. We use daily to import sales reps, manage leads, sales, workers. Benefit is the housing of all applicant flow although this requires manual entries.

Podio review by Brianna D. R.
Brianna D. R.

"Podio used for conference planning"

What do you like best?

Podio took a while to get comfortable with, but it is great for team collaboration especially when you are in different parts of the country. There are many tool that you can utilize on Podio. I liked that we could vote and comment on submissions for our grant and award recipients.

What do you dislike?

There might be TOO many tools on Podio. If your team isn't familiar with it, you're not going to be successful with the software. I felt like there was just a lot happening and it was hard to navigate. It takes some time to get used to the software which creates a learning curve off the bat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a decent platform for project management. I think the feed gets a little messy as with most project management interfaces. However, we used this to vote on submissions for grant recipients and awards so that was a nice feature.

We use Podio to plan our national leadership conference. One of my favorite features is that the team could view and vote on all grant submissions right in the software.

Podio review by Simone A.
Simone A.

"Team collaboration made easy. Well, sort of..."

What do you like best?

Podio is a team-oriented project management solution.

Each team/project has its own highly customizable "space".

Each of them, when created, features "out of the box" a Facebook-like news stream, a calendar, a file repository, and a tasklist. Then, users can add custom calendars, taskslists and special "apps" that are fully customizable databases with tons of available views and options.

A complete and well-organized App marketplace is always updated and available to download and try new apps for the team.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that really hurt expecially in complex organizations/teams:

- File upload size limit is 200mb, which is ridicolous. Have you got a PSD with multiple levels to share with your team? A video? Well you can't upload it. So you should put it on Dropbox, or Google Drive, and then link it, and then mantain multiple repositories.... seriously guys, this is not acceptable.

- Sharing things with external users (such as clients, suppliers, that means "people not belonging to the main organization") is a pain. They can be invited into a spaces, but once they join they can see everything and it is not possible at all to SELECTIVELY share some files, for example. They see everything, or nothing.

- You cannot transfer items (files, informations...) between apps.

- User interface is not so easy to understand, expecially when there are many apps installed into a space

- Ok there is a tasklist, but using it is tricky

- No project gantt at all

Finally, Podio is a little bit pricey compared to other solutions.

Finally, Podio is a little bit pricey if compared to other solutions.

Podio is a good solution for teams who like to have a single place to discuss and share things for their project. Apps allow to organize information in a structured way with many options.

But all that glitters ain't gold, some features are a pain (file upload size limit for example) so depending on what your team needs, there might be better alternatives.

Podio review by Jon G.
Jon G.

"Can become complicated very quickly."

What do you like best?

I liked that everything could be segmented and live in its own little bubble and if you put the time in, it can be incredibly well organized. Being mobile-friendly was a huge bonus for us and the interface across both mobile and desktop were very clean while also being highly customizeable.

What do you dislike?

It has the potential of becoming incredibly complicated to the point where you may need to assign a single person to manage and train your users. Our users did not like using Podio because it became something they needed to learn how to use rather than something they can pop in, make a contribution and get out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We eventually switched over to Basecamp3 based on ease of use and pricing. I believe we were being charged per login, and to get everyone who needed an account what they needed became hard to manage and justify the overall cost.

We used Podio to help track project progress and keep everyone up to speed to help limit meetings. We still held weekly meetings to discuss projects which seemed counter-intuitive to what we were trying to accomplish.

Podio review by Basama J.
Basama J.

"The best management tool"

What do you like best?

Podio is very user friendly and flexible. As a team It helps the members to function and collaborate effectively and efficiently. And I love the customizing feature of the work spaces, so the works will be very organized. Also the the availability of app in mobile phones helps to access from anywhere we are. The audio, video, liking and commenting features give kind of nice experience and enthusiasm to do the work well and the communication is so effective.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it is a bit tough in customizing and sometimes it is slow when using. Otherwise there is nothing much to dislike in podio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It incorporates every feature we expect and the customizing feature is the best one of them. For team collaboration every team should definitely try this.

As part time tutor it helps to collaborate and communicate with other other tutors, project managers and coordinators. We used to record the class details, class recordings, information of the students, class schedule and timetable..

Podio review by David C.
David C.

"Great, easy to use, and customizable tool for less!"

What do you like best?

That I can make my own applications or hunt for them in their large marketplace. I can tie in other programs to do what I need, setup automated features, and overall feel like I'm in control. We moved from Salesforce for a fraction the cost

What do you dislike?

I don't like that lists can't be pre-loaded, or easily searched. I like the filters I can add, however sometimes they don't work as well. That said, being able to reference different apps within items for apps makes this easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version with a handful of people. Make your own apps, and then make everyone use it, as well as the task system. Once you get the handle of that, expand to others. Try different ways of doing things.

Our company was completely lost without Podio. We didn't have an account or archive of what had worked, what had been billed, or anything else. So I was able to use Podio to build up what we needed and where we could store every facet. With time, it grew to others in the company.

Podio review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Podio is great for our company!"

What do you like best?

We use Podio for both internal and external workspaces. What I love is the extreme flexibility and variety of uses that it can have. Internally we use it for Customer Relationship Management to manage our accounts and easily create notes that all employees can see. We also use it to communicate internally through the workspaces or using the chat function which is especially important in communicating with employees that work in other offices. Externally, our clients use customized workspaces to work on their projects and communicate with us. The integration with Dropbox is essential for what we do and makes it so easy to have files automatically stored in Dropbox folders.

What do you dislike?

The server is sometimes slow so Podio has issues loading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend being knowledgeable about all of the uses for Podio. There are many uses that I am still learning about and are helpful in increasing efficiency in my company

Easily storing files with Dropbox integration, CRM, internal communication

Podio review by Myles B.
Myles B.

"Podio - A very good collaborative project management tool"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Podio is the ability to quickly see all my projects, due dates, and recent comments at a glance from the main page. I open this main page in one of the tabs when I open my browser so that I can see immediately what projects need my attention or have been updated.

What do you dislike?

While the base functionality is good, adding "add-on"s and Apps outside of the norm can sometimes be frustrating and a little technical at time (depending on the App/add-on you want to add). I know there is a community of developers who are creating some of these, but it would be good to have more documentation on how to get things set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check out the Podio YouTube channel. They have 140+ videos that have helped us with various implementations and setup issues we had when we first started, as well as some timely info on some of the more intricate tools within Podio.

We are still small enough to use Podio for free, so I'm not 100% sure what the upper-level pricing is, so take that into account.

For us, the main issue was that we didn't have any great tool, other than email, to manage the various projects that the Marketing department and I (Creative) were working on together. As an added bonus, though, we found a way to help automate the project creation process with our sales and account teams, which has truly helped streamline things.

Podio review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Flexible project management"

What do you like best?

Most project management tools force you to use their structured data types, but Podio gives you the flexibility to create not only your own types of data (such as documents, projects, contacts, events, etc) but also the fields for each type.

What do you dislike?

There is currently no native way to merge two items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Podio requires some strategic thinking up front about how you want to use it. Think through as if you were building an app from scratch -- which types of information do you have, and what fields do you need for each? Then you can build out Podio fairly easily once those needs and uses are addressed.

We evaluated dozens of project management tools to find one that had the flexibility to meet our needs and those of our clients. Podio delivered with a flexible platform that we could quickly adapt to our needs, and change over time.

Podio review by Judy K.
Judy K.

"Most flexible CRM solution"

What do you like best?

Podio is flexible towards your company needs, it does not make your company fit it's product. They're the CRM I know to date that lets you build your CRM around your business instead. You get to work the way you want to.

The interface is fantastic, easy to use and promotes adoption throughout the whole company.

It's fast - changes applied are saved instantly. This is also conducive to getting more team members onboard.

What do you dislike?

The reporting needs integration with other apps or software, to get that real CRM Dashboard look/feel.

Starting off is difficult as you usually need to start from scratch and figure out the best way to build your workspace. The flexibility of the product is it's strongest feature, but also makes it tricky to setup initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the products full capability, and then plan your setup before you start to build WorkSpaces and Apps. Knowing Podio's full potential will contribute towards you not having to repeat data in various places, or repeat recurring tasks.

Ideal for internal project management, collaboration and tracking assets.

Podio review by Gemma B.
Gemma B.

"awesome experience"

What do you like best?

I like it the best because we can look up here even when we are all open using this software. we can check all the client's info, colleagues info at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can not say any bad comment on this software because it helps me a lot using this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will love to recommend this software to all my friends.

We look here all at the same time without interrupting on anybody's work. That is why this software is very useful in our everyday work.

Podio review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"A Short Review On Podio"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to use Podio, it is very easy to collaborate, drag and drop images/project files to show a large group within your project. I used it mainly for graphic design jobs, so it was easy to show my progress along with the process.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit hard to navigate through if you have many projects and tabs within that project. Try to make it simple and easy for yourself when setting up a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be very simple to use. You need a level of computer savvines for making an account, setting up a project, or interacting within the project. In this day-in-age, I do not see that as an issue for most users.

Quick communication and trust. The client can see what I am working on and where I am at in the project. I can quickly send a mockup, sketches, or suggested ideas and everyone that needs to see them can and comment on it.

Podio review by Ciera B.
Ciera B.

"Great Management Tool"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to customize your database and integrate this software with other programs. Filtering and reporting are easy to use and the customer service is phenomenal. It also creates transparency within the company as any changes a user makes are tracked and shown to everybody in that Podio workspace. This helped us track employees that needed retraining in our processes and forced everyone to take responsibility for their actions.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes with this software as far as I've used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it certainly has its limits, Podio is very organized, customizable, and integrates with a lot of different softwares to become the solution you need.

Podio became our primary database with all of the information on our vendors. It was crucial for our vendor sourcing team to manage expired insurances, properties being managed by vendor and city, and highlighting shortage areas. Because everyone could have access to the workspace without being able to necessarily change anything, data was much more accurate and accessible.

Podio review by User

"Overall good system, but feels a little archaic. "

What do you like best?

Podio allows you to customise your work spaces, and add in functions to suit your businesses specific needs, for example we have added one for holidays, PO's and general company knowledge.

What do you dislike?

There is no holiday calculator, so its a long process to go through all of the days you have taken as A/L and work out what you have left manually. the system has completely gone down on a few occasions, leaving the business at a bit of a standstill. The look & feel is a little outdated i think, especially compared to other available systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe don't...

A good place to Log all holidays, sick days etc. Seems to update quickly, and all notifications work, so you can act quickly after ever update,.

Learning about Podio?

* We monitor all Podio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.