POEditor

Software localization management platform, designed for collaborative and crowdsourced translation of mobile and desktop apps, websites, games, and others!

Work for POEditor?

Learning about POEditor?

POEditor Reviews

Ask POEditor a Question
Showing 29 POEditor reviews
POEditor review by Destinity L.
Destinity L.

"Good tool to manage the translation of applications."

What do you like best?

It has many features that I like and that have made my job much easier.

1.- Easy to configure and administer

2.- The interface is very complete, I like that I have absolutely all the tools, which for my convenience, are the most useful to develop all the functions correctly.

3.- GitHub integration

4.- Constant updates that allow you to completely cover all the needs that you want to cover with this tool. The translations are improving and they are ready in real time with all the professionalism I'm looking for.

5.- It allows me to verify the changes that people are making. On the other hand, it helps me integrate them into the project through its API.

Thanks to this tool and the integration of it in my work, things have been much simpler and it really saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The translations should be more optimized and improved, and even more when they come directly from the original language, although I mentioned earlier that the translations are constantly updated, I feel and I think they could be better. Being able to download all the languages in the project at the same time to perfect localization and translation management, would save a lot of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend its use, you get a very good experience in participation in business management, where your business will take more specific demands on the work of translation of applications, does an unbelievable job and offers very complete functions.

POEditor has allowed my business project to grow and shine exceedingly. It allows the localization of a software product and helps with the exchange of resource developers and translators. Since I use this tool the translation and localization work of the software, the work is done much faster and with greater efficiency in the management of different corporate operations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about POEditor
POEditor review by Grace P.
Grace P.

"Useful platform of localization for translations of applications"

What do you like best?

It is a very useful tool that is quite simple to understand, you do not have to be an expert to start using it. The interface has helped to make it easier to use it thanks to the fact that it has the options to develop all the functions excellently and thanks to the updates it adapts to the needs that are available day by day with respect to translations, which are, in time real and with the best quality. As well as being able to integrate GitHub we have saved a lot of time and work.

What do you dislike?

More optimization and accuracy in translations, although updates are constantly made, can be improved when those changes are made in the original language. Nor can you know exactly where the language comes from and this makes it difficult and takes time away from work. I think that if these small discomforts are adjusted POEditor can be driven much faster to success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplifying and being the most concise, POEditor is a useful tool that you need in your personal, professional life and in your company. It contributes to develop a work with excellent translations. Try and try the software, you will never regret using it and it will bring thousands of advantages to your life.

POEditor has changed my perspective and has brought great advantages in and out of work. It saves me time of work because its use is really very easy. Poporciona translations in a professional manner, the information provided is excellent and the best quality just when I need it most. I can also synchronize files to make easier the work that is developing at the moment, which contributes veracity and efficiency to my daily work.

What Translation Management solution do you use?

POEditor review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good App for localization and translation management"

What do you like best?

I have first heard of the localization platoon PO editor in the facebook. The Facebook page said this app could be connected to the Github to manage the localization in the more easy way. After that, I had decided to give it a try. I have connected my repo to the POEditor account to quickly communicate data between our localization platform and Github. The dashboard is really too good, I can check all the changes which people are making. It also helps me to integrate their into the project via their API.

What do you dislike?

This is the very good platform for localization. But In my opinion, they need to more work on the API Integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for localization and translations and I observe, there is a good support if you need assistance.

The main problem is solving the localization. I am working as a developer in the open source project and I am using POEditor to manage our translations.It is easy to manage the translation now. If you are facing some issue with the dashboard or you are not able to get properly, you can easily connect to the support. They will help you. I did the same. This is the good platform for translations.

POEditor review by Andrew Y.
Andrew Y.

"Great Tool for Application Translation Management"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the user interface as it is intuitive and simple to use. It is clean and easy to pick up the first time you use it. Its quite basic features are essential for your localization process at that moment and adapts to your workflow as you go. The realtime translation updates are fantastic! If there are more contributors translating the same language concurrently, then they will overlap seamlessly without interruption because they can see in real time what changes the others do. The GitHub integration is also a huge impact for users, a game changer, and timesaver.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could download all the languages in the project at the same time. That would make things even faster than they already are. Also, some of the translations could use some improving by machine learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

POEditor will save you a lot of time and headache. It is worth testing out on a trial basis, and you will find that it will improve your overall translation workflows.

POEditor increased the productivity of our translators with its easy to use and collaborative interface. It also improved our localization work flow and helped us save enormous amounts of time to work faster and more efficiently.

POEditor review by Tommy M.
Tommy M.

"Free for Open Source"

What do you like best?

POEditor is not only free for Open Source projects, but the company is also very fast in responding.Site works perfectly for me and my translators, and is currently used for 24 languages...

Also comes with integrations towards like Github and Slack, as well as having a nice API

PERFECT

What do you dislike?

Really could use a Read-Only token, since been Open Source, and coded in Python, I have the need for a Token to access info without risking users having too much power

Simple Open Source project, where I was hoping to get the front-end translated into a few languages.

Having POEditor providing this to me, made my project shine

POEditor review by Fernando M.
Fernando M.

"Managment Software"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent software, I used it to translate some applications that I had in the German language, and I think the translation was impeccable, just try the free version, do not go deep into the software

What do you dislike?

The truth is that I used it very little and had almost no problems, the only drawback I found was that I had a doubt about the use of the application and the support team took a while to respond

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good software, the translations are correct, and it's done in a short period of time

I recommend it, the software translations I needed were impeccable

POEditor review by Simon R.
Simon R.

"Non-intuitive GUI, lots of clicking to set-up"

What do you like best?

- Free for GPL projects.

- Has quite some features.

What do you dislike?

- Difficult GUI to work with: involves lots of clicking, hand movement between mouse and keyboard, etc. Productivity mode that simplifies translation is limited to untranslated terms only - not useful for reviewing existing translations.

- Non-intuitive: requires quite some learning how to use features properly.

- Inconsistent XML syntax between Visual Studio and POEditor (line endings, SGML encoding) making commit diffs more complex than they could be...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Suitable for simple projects only.

Localisation of a software product easing the developers and translators exchange of resources to translate.

POEditor review by User in Internet

"My experience with POEditor"

What do you like best?

Poeditor is one of those softwares that help me, not only in the workplace, but also in my personal entertainment and instruction. It helps me, to a large extent, to manage my translations, every day I venture more into the world of languages and therefore, I need a tool that allows me to do them, manage them and correct them in a professional manner. With Poeditor I can make open source translations, efficiently and actively; because all the files are kept updated to the order of the day, and they provide me with the result I really expect from programmers like this one.

What do you dislike?

The platform, although it easily updates the translations, can significantly improve its optimization and daily veracity when changes are made in the source language, but I do not think it is something that the program, with such good tools, can not achieve; This is reflected in the inclusion of GitHub in the platform that aims to boost the growth of POEditor, and it augurs great changes. However, there is no representation of each country, there is no precise specification of the State from which the translation comes. With this option I lose time that, without a doubt, I could save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to take into account the G2Crowd reviews, because they are a window open to users who use the POEditor platform, can express their pros, cons and even the competition, and can serve as a questionnaire or survey of how effective your translation services, and of course, improve.

In addition to the modifications that are constantly reflected in the platform at the time that the people who use it make changes, and that the program allows me to see, POEditor facilitates my work in 70%, since their translations do not have limits, and develops professionally, and effectively the information I need in the time I need. I always recommend it to my clients and I have many alternate accounts, personal and work.

POEditor review by User

"Easy Language File Translation"

What do you like best?

What I love about this product is the ease of being able to translate one language file to the next. Overall there is no doubt in my mind how efficient and easy this product is to use when assigning files to different WordPress themes, and overall syncing po files into easy translation.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something I disagree when it comes to this program. I have yet to find a thing I overall disagree with when it comes to this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use this tool when it comes to creating different translations through wordpress. Keep in Mind you have to have WordPress installed in order to use this product and take full advantage of it.

I am able to sync different language files and extentions to meet my needs when it comes to working with WordPress overall. I feel like this is simplifying my job when it comes to changing extensions in order to create a more efficient file.

POEditor review by Ashish B.
Ashish B.

"Great website for application translation management"

What do you like best?

Before I came across POEditor, I was having a lot of problems in management of the translations for my individual project. Even contributors were having problem in submitting translations as they had to create a pull request on the Github and it was quite challenging for the translation contributors who generally are from non-technical background. So, I started searching for a website/tool which will help me in managing translations. I came across one answer on Quora which led me to this awesome website. The best thing about POEditor is that they support Open Source softwares and give unlimited number of hosted translations words for FOSS projects.

What do you dislike?

Although it's really very great platform but I think the translations output can be improved more.

Earlier I had users from only my country but now my application is being used all over the world. It wasn't really possible without great help from POEditor.

POEditor review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Offer multilingual support at (almost) zero cost"

What do you like best?

From a programmer's perspective, its Github integration allows you to catch a thread and deploy your localization thread without struggle.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive for non-programmers, which could make it difficult for people working with more mainstream platforms, such as WordPress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regardless of your background, get your IT or tech friend to help you with the installation.

Not problems, just testing the software.

POEditor review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very useful localization tool to manage translation for your apps"

What do you like best?

I cannot praise this tool enough, it has spared us so much pain!

First and foremost, I appreciate the user interface, it is a dream. It is stripped down to the features essential for your localization process at that moment, and adapts to your workflow as you go.

Second, the realtime translation updates. If there are more contributors translating the same language at the same time, they will not step on eachother's toes, because they can see in real time what changes the others do.

Third, the perfect GitHub integration. Big timesaver.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't mind if I could download all the languages in the project simultaneously - it'd make things even faster than they are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to translate an app that is available on more platforms (iOS, Windows, Android), upload the content to the same project and use the tagging system to group the strings. It will save a lot of space in your account, and you'll be able to export the localized strings for each platform using these filters.

Talk to the support team in case of anything. They're very swift and friendly.

POEditor thoroughly improved our localization work flow and increased the productivity of our translators with its great collaborative interface. It helped us save enormous amounts of time and mental health :)

POEditor review by Sonia K.
Sonia K.

"A friendly translation platform"

What do you like best?

What I enjoy the most about the translation platform Poeditor is that it's really easy to get started with it.

The other translation tools I've utilized in the past required that I spent more time to understand what and where I should click to get my translation work done.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that bothers me about Poeditor so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look for a save button, each translated string gets saved automatically.

Poeditor helps me finish software translation tasks faster and makes it simple to communicate with the team manager and other translators, if it's a shared translation job.

POEditor review by Erica K.
Erica K.

"Affordable and easy to use service for localizing software"

What do you like best?

That’s it’s genuinely easy to understand, as a tool. That it makes teamwork efficient. That it always provides fast support. And, of course, that it’s cheaper than most localization management services on the market.

What do you dislike?

Some clients wanted to host POEditor on their own server. It would be nice if this was possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact support in case you’re testing POEditor and can’t find a particular feature immediately. The interface is built in such a way that only the features necessary for your specific project/role/workflow show up. So it’s likely that the feature exists, but placed somewhere where it’s not uselessly crowding the interface.

I’ve researched several localization platforms for my clients who wanted to make their apps available in more languages. POEditor was the best value for money variant, from the alternatives explored.

POEditor review by Johan D.
Johan D.

"Great tool for easy translations"

What do you like best?

Its an easy GUI with an great overview on whats done and whats remaining

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike, nothing that I can think of

Using it as a great tool to translate to the different formats that I need

POEditor review by Antonin L.
Antonin L.

"5 projects and everything is fine"

What do you like best?

how fast is the translation process and the UI simplicity. The way how comment works and can be show on each language of the project

What do you dislike?

the project configuration and the way to add translator on each language. The api integration can be improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Poeditor is a really good solution for translations

We have a website to translate in 6 different languages + the iPhone app + Android App + javascript translations

POEditor review by Alberto U.
Alberto U.

"Translate software"

What do you like best?

Excelente software para la traduccion de aplicaciones, me sirvio para traducir alguans app moviles que estaban en Sueco

What do you dislike?

The only problem I had was the delay in the translation of a specific application, although it was not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the translations are excellent, also translates to a large number of languages

He helped me translate some apps that were in Swedish, which were necessary to develop a work project.

POEditor review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Good tool for open source projects"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use for contributors involved in translation / localization. They can just login, choose the project to contribute to, and start translating the sentences.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to translate only some of the sentences using automated tools (just to try them), if you have a project which has more than [I don't know the exact figure] strings to translate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice that there is a support for free software projects.

Software localization

POEditor review by User in Higher Education

"POEditor "

What do you like best?

I like how the interface is pretty clean and allows for a seamless use with ease. It's also great for small projects on a lower budget. Affordability is important for someone like me who looks for the best price.

What do you dislike?

The translating feature seems like it can be a bit tricky. It can translate word press files but I have been finding the translates to be finicky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they should try to make their translation feature more accurate and not have the user worrying if the translation is correct.

Its intergreags seeamles project

POEditor review by Plamen B.
Plamen B.

"Not so easy to use"

What do you like best?

We've used the POEditor around a year ago and it really did the job. We had to translate to 5 different languages and it helped us organize the process.

What do you dislike?

The interface wasn't great - if you're not very tech savvy you can easily get lost.

Creating 5 different language versions of our business website.

POEditor review by Agency
Agency

"Review "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that it integrates Slack which is the group chat method we use at the agency I work for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it doesnt pick up on all translations or sometimes infers things incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used this product long enough to really give recommendations to change.

It solves the problem of checking 1 million places for co-workers to see what everyone is talking about. With the the help of Slack we almost just have one outlet which is great

POEditor review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Highly recommend this software"

What do you like best?

Ideal software for collaborative or crowdsourced translation projects. We have used it to translate websites and mobile apps.

What do you dislike?

The on boarding process took a little bit of time but after that it became much easier to use and as great functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the trial first

Translating websites was the number one problem that we were able to solve with PO editors. We realize a lot of benefits, including that our website is able to be viewed by multilanguage users.

POEditor review by Administrator

"Translations solved"

What do you like best?

This is one of those softwares that is the perfect solution for translation issues.

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to find something that we deslike.

Much faster translations of websites. Contributors work easily.

POEditor review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Language/Translation tools made simple"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the POEditor platform/software. Very useful in our diverse culture in healthcare

What do you dislike?

In order for the growth of the company: website development and the addition of other services they can provide to other fields of business

Strings or Translations in an online system that allowed us to work more efficiently and is a useful tool in our diverse healthcare demographic

POEditor review by Tautvydas A.
Tautvydas A.

"Good when multiple people translate same project"

What do you like best?

I liked crowd sourced translations support and that it is free for open source projects.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use could be improved when working with multiple languages at a time.

I manage translations of my open source project Servers for Android (PHP, MariaDB, MongoDb, ...)

POEditor review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospitality

"Great working with POEditor"

What do you like best?

The localization management platform that's truly efficient!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this product. I loved using POEditor

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check others as well, there are lots of players in the market.

The app provides localization management platform that's truly efficient in case of Cross-platform

POEditor review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Unique entry in such kind of domain "

What do you like best?

Contributors option is interesting. Also, options for contributors are good.

What do you dislike?

Found little difficult at places to understand the whole process.

Trying to use it for translation by a group of people. Seems good.

POEditor review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"I tried it for a period"

What do you like best?

Use of access, also my ability to use the mobile web.

What do you dislike?

Mobile web log in could use some optimisatuon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use across multiple devices

Translation of plans to various surveyors

POEditor review by User

"POEditor is adequate but no sparkle"

What do you like best?

It fulfills all basic requirements I need.

What do you dislike?

Never seems to go above and beyond these basic reqs

I have been able to better manage and streamline core job functions

Learning about POEditor?

* We monitor all POEditor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.