Poll Everywhere

Poll Everywhere provides stylish real-time interactions with audiences via mobile devices.

Work for Poll Everywhere?

Learning about Poll Everywhere?

Poll Everywhere Reviews

Ask Poll Everywhere a Question
Showing 25 Poll Everywhere reviews
Poll Everywhere review by <span>Victoria F.</span>
Victoria F.

Easy access of in class polls for student participation

What do you like best?

Customization of questions and resetting of the polls. Every semester I have the same topics with slightly different wording. I try to not let previous students tell other students the answer to the polls that I post. Resetting and making subtle changes without starting from scratch makes this easy.

What do you dislike?

The long URL or text message to sign in for the first time. Perhaps this can be shortened. There is a lag time between answering the poll and signing in. When I've strolled around and observed what was taking so long, it was due to students trying to sign on the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare for jovial conversations when posing funny questions. Students can answer anonymously so they get creative when answering questions. For instance, I posted "ask me anything" and someone anonymously asked, "boxers or briefs" to which I casually waived off! The poll also allows you to upload pictures to which they can point on - dead useful when identifying objects and teaching the class at once!

Using poll as a teaching aid in class. This is a "quick and dirty" way for me to establish who knows what, if we're on the same page, etc. I also like to include a free page where students can ask me whatever they like. Usually, I tell them to keep things "PG" but they become comfortable and ask away.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Poll Everywhere
Poll Everywhere review by <span>Samantha H.</span>
Samantha H.

Fast and Easy!

What do you like best?

There are many different types of polls to pick from and use. I have used this in my classroom, and the word cloud was really fun for my students because they could see which words and phrases were used the most. Students could submit complete sentence responses, and I could go through and check for student understanding, but everything was anonymous for the students (I could check who wrote each sentence though).

What do you dislike?

Since I teach math, some of the features are hard to use, and math symbols do not show up well. For example, student's could not type in the degree symbol (or if they tried to, random letters and numbers popped up on the screen).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surveys are so easy to make, and you can even create copies so that you don't have to retype everything. I love getting responses in real time.

Poll Everywhere is great to check for student understanding immediately. Instead of waiting for the quiz, homework, or test to make sure students understood the concepts, I knew right away where students had misconceptions and could easily address them during class before students went home to try to complete the homework.

What Audience Response solution do you use?

Poll Everywhere review by <span>Nick A.</span>
Nick A.

Poll Everywhere and Anywhere

What do you like best?

What do I not like... A simple program with some nice recent additions that can help turn any dull meeting, professional development, or class activity into something engaging. I have used this application during professional development workshops for teachers, during formal presentations/conferences, and in the classroom with students. I love affording attendees the opportunity to be able to respond via online in the website or text message. I also love the on-the-fly results. This makes for great learning in the moment and surveying with attendees and students. So many question types, that are all easy to create and set.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. Maybe a simpler way to take the results and save them via Google Drive?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a terrific platform. If you're a teacher, you are looking for applications that can be utilized seamlessly in the classroom, and that do not take too much time to set up and get going. Poll Everywhere has an extremely short learning curve, and offers some additional features for those that want to get even more out of the program. If you're a constant presenter at conferences/meetings, consider using this program to interact with your audience and engage them.

Student engagement, interactive lessons, and professional development. More engagement with all. More time is given to analyzing results and sharing responses which make for greater inquiry and discussion.

Poll Everywhere review by <span>Rachel H.</span>
Rachel H.

A Must Try!

What do you like best?

Poll Everywhere allows me to customize polls for every presentation. I can choose between multiple choice with words or letters, True/False, or even open response and ranking! In addition to the customization of poll questions, I can also customise the poll results from pie chart to bar graph to numbers or percents.

What do you dislike?

Our company uses the free version of Poll Everywhere, so we are capped at 40 responses. Although this is fine for classroom presentations, it sometimes limits us as to what we can do/how we can use Poll Everywhere with larger groups, such as athletics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Poll Everywhere is a great solution if you don't have much of a budget. It definitely beats buying a system that requires you to hand out remotes and collect them at the end because everyone has a cell phone.

We wanted feedback from students during presentations, and we just weren't getting it, at least not honestly, when we asked students to comment or raise their hands. Poll Everywhere has allowed us to capture a snapshot of a specific group of students' opinions in any given moment while maintaining their confidentiality, and giving them something unheard of to do during a presentation - play with their phones!

Poll Everywhere review by <span>Romana A.</span>
Romana A.

Great Tool for Both Educators and Business People Alike

What do you like best?

Poll Everywhere makes it extremely easy to create and display polls. The interface is clean, navigation intuitive, and instructions easy to understand. I have used it both as an adjunct professor and as a marketer. Despite having different demographics in both instances, both groups of people were able to easily submit their answers via text message or internet browser.

I love that there is a free subscription for educators (and students). As of writing this in May 2018, users can collect up to 40 answers with the free version, which works perfectly for me since my class sizes are ~20 students. My students have also commented that it's a nice feature to have during lecture as it helps keep them focused in an engaging way.

There are various polls you can choose from -- multiple choice, Q&A, Word Cloud, Rank Order, Survey, Clickable Image, etc. In the two years I have been using Poll Everywhere, they have doubled the types of polls you can choose from and create, demonstrating PollEv's attention to growth and innovation. You can also group and categorize poll questions, which has worked perfectly for me as it's allowed me to group poll questions according to the day and lecture.

Another great feature? PollEv's integration with PowerPoint. The integration is easy to download and use, and it allows me to seamlessly embed polls into my PowerPoint. This way, I don't have to leave the PowerPoint and pull up my internet browser.

What do you dislike?

There are many enticing features that come with the paid subscription -- features I wish I had. However, the paid subscription is out of my budget, currently priced at $349 per semester. While I love PollEv, I'm not sure I would get $700 use out of it for the year. Otherwise, there's not much else I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether your an educator using this in the classroom or a presenter using this at a conference, I highly recommend Poll Everywhere because of it's ability to engage the audience and its ease of use.

PollEv allows me to better engage my students (and colleagues) in ways I wasn't able to before. Rather than lecture my students for a full three hours, I can gauge their understanding and focus by asking questions and incorporating in-class exercises along the way. In addition, PollEv helps me facilitate discussion because answers are anonymous; given this, my students are more likely to ask questions or guess an answer because they don't have to raise their hand and their name is not attached to it.

Poll Everywhere review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

Classroom Helper

What do you like best?

Poll everywhere allows me as a teacher to give my class an exogenous cue in that they like the participatory nature of providing data that can be seen changing live. I also appreciate it as a means to gather information about my class to better accommodate interests and needs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind yet. I use it in an undergraduate class I teach to break up the monotony of lecture style classes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent tool for educators at the undergrad and grad level. I have also used it as a user in large seminars for orientations.

PE allows me to engage students by breaking up my lecturing. Students seem to like the idea of using phones to vote and they are very interested in seeing how their responses compare to others' while maintaining anonymity.

Learning about Poll Everywhere?

* We monitor all Poll Everywhere reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.