Poll Everywhere

Poll Everywhere provides stylish real-time interactions with audiences via mobile devices.

Work for Poll Everywhere?

Learning about Poll Everywhere?

Poll Everywhere Reviews

Ask Poll Everywhere a Question
Showing 26 Poll Everywhere reviews
Poll Everywhere review by User in Internet

"Great Tool for Both Educators and Business People Alike"

What do you like best?

Poll Everywhere makes it extremely easy to create and display polls. The interface is clean, navigation intuitive, and instructions easy to understand. I have used it both as an adjunct professor and as a marketer. Despite having different demographics in both instances, both groups of people were able to easily submit their answers via text message or internet browser.

I love that there is a free subscription for educators (and students). As of writing this in May 2018, users can collect up to 40 answers with the free version, which works perfectly for me since my class sizes are ~20 students. My students have also commented that it's a nice feature to have during lecture as it helps keep them focused in an engaging way.

There are various polls you can choose from -- multiple choice, Q&A, Word Cloud, Rank Order, Survey, Clickable Image, etc. In the two years I have been using Poll Everywhere, they have doubled the types of polls you can choose from and create, demonstrating PollEv's attention to growth and innovation. You can also group and categorize poll questions, which has worked perfectly for me as it's allowed me to group poll questions according to the day and lecture.

Another great feature? PollEv's integration with PowerPoint. The integration is easy to download and use, and it allows me to seamlessly embed polls into my PowerPoint. This way, I don't have to leave the PowerPoint and pull up my internet browser.

What do you dislike?

There are many enticing features that come with the paid subscription -- features I wish I had. However, the paid subscription is out of my budget, currently priced at $349 per semester. While I love PollEv, I'm not sure I would get $700 use out of it for the year. Otherwise, there's not much else I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether your an educator using this in the classroom or a presenter using this at a conference, I highly recommend Poll Everywhere because of it's ability to engage the audience and its ease of use.

PollEv allows me to better engage my students (and colleagues) in ways I wasn't able to before. Rather than lecture my students for a full three hours, I can gauge their understanding and focus by asking questions and incorporating in-class exercises along the way. In addition, PollEv helps me facilitate discussion because answers are anonymous; given this, my students are more likely to ask questions or guess an answer because they don't have to raise their hand and their name is not attached to it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Poll Everywhere
Poll Everywhere review by Victoria F.
Victoria F.

"Easy access of in class polls for student participation"

What do you like best?

Customization of questions and resetting of the polls. Every semester I have the same topics with slightly different wording. I try to not let previous students tell other students the answer to the polls that I post. Resetting and making subtle changes without starting from scratch makes this easy.

What do you dislike?

The long URL or text message to sign in for the first time. Perhaps this can be shortened. There is a lag time between answering the poll and signing in. When I've strolled around and observed what was taking so long, it was due to students trying to sign on the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare for jovial conversations when posing funny questions. Students can answer anonymously so they get creative when answering questions. For instance, I posted "ask me anything" and someone anonymously asked, "boxers or briefs" to which I casually waived off! The poll also allows you to upload pictures to which they can point on - dead useful when identifying objects and teaching the class at once!

Using poll as a teaching aid in class. This is a "quick and dirty" way for me to establish who knows what, if we're on the same page, etc. I also like to include a free page where students can ask me whatever they like. Usually, I tell them to keep things "PG" but they become comfortable and ask away.

What Audience Response solution do you use?

Poll Everywhere review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Fast and Easy! "

What do you like best?

There are many different types of polls to pick from and use. I have used this in my classroom, and the word cloud was really fun for my students because they could see which words and phrases were used the most. Students could submit complete sentence responses, and I could go through and check for student understanding, but everything was anonymous for the students (I could check who wrote each sentence though).

What do you dislike?

Since I teach math, some of the features are hard to use, and math symbols do not show up well. For example, student's could not type in the degree symbol (or if they tried to, random letters and numbers popped up on the screen).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surveys are so easy to make, and you can even create copies so that you don't have to retype everything. I love getting responses in real time.

Poll Everywhere is great to check for student understanding immediately. Instead of waiting for the quiz, homework, or test to make sure students understood the concepts, I knew right away where students had misconceptions and could easily address them during class before students went home to try to complete the homework.

Poll Everywhere review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Poll Everywhere and Anywhere"

What do you like best?

What do I not like... A simple program with some nice recent additions that can help turn any dull meeting, professional development, or class activity into something engaging. I have used this application during professional development workshops for teachers, during formal presentations/conferences, and in the classroom with students. I love affording attendees the opportunity to be able to respond via online in the website or text message. I also love the on-the-fly results. This makes for great learning in the moment and surveying with attendees and students. So many question types, that are all easy to create and set.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much. Maybe a simpler way to take the results and save them via Google Drive?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a terrific platform. If you're a teacher, you are looking for applications that can be utilized seamlessly in the classroom, and that do not take too much time to set up and get going. Poll Everywhere has an extremely short learning curve, and offers some additional features for those that want to get even more out of the program. If you're a constant presenter at conferences/meetings, consider using this program to interact with your audience and engage them.

Student engagement, interactive lessons, and professional development. More engagement with all. More time is given to analyzing results and sharing responses which make for greater inquiry and discussion.

Poll Everywhere review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"A Must Try!"

What do you like best?

Poll Everywhere allows me to customize polls for every presentation. I can choose between multiple choice with words or letters, True/False, or even open response and ranking! In addition to the customization of poll questions, I can also customise the poll results from pie chart to bar graph to numbers or percents.

What do you dislike?

Our company uses the free version of Poll Everywhere, so we are capped at 40 responses. Although this is fine for classroom presentations, it sometimes limits us as to what we can do/how we can use Poll Everywhere with larger groups, such as athletics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Poll Everywhere is a great solution if you don't have much of a budget. It definitely beats buying a system that requires you to hand out remotes and collect them at the end because everyone has a cell phone.

We wanted feedback from students during presentations, and we just weren't getting it, at least not honestly, when we asked students to comment or raise their hands. Poll Everywhere has allowed us to capture a snapshot of a specific group of students' opinions in any given moment while maintaining their confidentiality, and giving them something unheard of to do during a presentation - play with their phones!

Poll Everywhere review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Classroom Helper "

What do you like best?

Poll everywhere allows me as a teacher to give my class an exogenous cue in that they like the participatory nature of providing data that can be seen changing live. I also appreciate it as a means to gather information about my class to better accommodate interests and needs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind yet. I use it in an undergraduate class I teach to break up the monotony of lecture style classes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent tool for educators at the undergrad and grad level. I have also used it as a user in large seminars for orientations.

PE allows me to engage students by breaking up my lecturing. Students seem to like the idea of using phones to vote and they are very interested in seeing how their responses compare to others' while maintaining anonymity.

Poll Everywhere review by Toby Renée Y.
Toby Renée Y.

"Poll Everywhere for a new user"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Poll Everywhere is to use for the audience. It allows for the audience to be engaged through their phone, tablet or computer.

What do you dislike?

The system is a little difficult to use on the back end. There are a bunch of steps that I had to keep correcting that I felt should be default selections. Once I got the hang of it though, I understood the system. The only issue is, I would like to have it be even easier for my presenters to create themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend the system to anyone that needs an audience response system. It is quite easier using this system than others that I have seen.

We hold medical conference on a regular basis that can be quite boring. This system allows us to have an audience response system that is very interactive and attracts any type of user.

Poll Everywhere review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy-to-use polling system to make presentations more engaging."

What do you like best?

I like that there is no limit to the amount of people that can access the poll during a presentation. I am able to use this program for orientations with hundreds of people and everyone can engage with their individual devices. There are several different types of questions that you can choose from to change things up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot change the colors or design of the app. I would like to be able to coordinate the poll everywhere design with my presentation to make it look more cohesive.

Poll Everywhere can be used in many different settings with different groups of people. We are able to have large groups of students engage with the program at one time using their own devices. Students don't have to download an app to engage with the program, so we are able to use it with more people.

Poll Everywhere review by Marina C.
Marina C.

"User friendly polling software & reporting format"

What do you like best?

Poll Everywhere has so many options to make your content customized, whether it be through various question and answer types, or the many ways in which the data can be displayed. The variability in most features within the software is the main draw, because it can be used for so many different things in many different ways.

What do you dislike?

I had some issues with learning how to group polls and surveys, as well as keeping those two modes separate. This could be made easier and more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you are looking for a type of software that collects and presents data from any size group of people - whether it be for inter-agency and staff groups and committees, or for mass groups such as local communities - this product is great and so useful in what it does.

My agency focuses on the local community and gathering their input so we can work together with community partners to improve the access to health care and health care quality in the local community. We have realized the benefits of utilizing PollEverywhere by being able to collect so much more interpersonal data than we ever were before. The ability to create anonymity within surveys is crucial to gaining so many more survey responses, and honest ones at that.

Poll Everywhere review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"Amazing engagement tool"

What do you like best?

the web interface allows everyone connect....my favourite feature is the "touch picture" option

What do you dislike?

The convention and summit options are very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small to large groups. The number of options available are fantastic

interaction and instant/ anonymous feedback has allowed us to get on the fly feedback allowing us to move quickly with things like staff engagement, problem solving & Diversity/ Inclusion activities. We've been able to involve individuals in decisions. We've used it during training and it's made a big difference to how the attendees interact and respond. It's also allowed us to quantify training results. I definitely recommend using it. It's also fun to use.

Poll Everywhere review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Great For Use in a Classroom"

What do you like best?

Even though it's just asking for responses to a simple question, using polls in the classroom really engages students and allows them to feel active and involved. It's very easy to use and there's even a free version for people who don't want to commit to a package plan.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit simple. It accomplishes the goal of getting quick responses to a question, but offers little in return of analytics and data. For most purposes, though, that's not necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good way to gather thoughts as a pre-learning activity, such as if you're starting a new unit or trying to brainstorm.

Every teacher knows how hard it is to assess an entire classroom of learners. This allows me to see if every student has the right answer or is on the right track.

Poll Everywhere review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"First time user"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to use and how we could use it real time among our large group. We used this software during a critical point in our 2 day meeting that truly helped to drive our point home on what the people in the room where thinking. We were advised that it was one of the highlights of the whole event.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tricky getting it to work in large conference room with the technology to see it for live polling. Only used once so not much to dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was great for live polling and super easy to demonstrate to people before implementing.

It was wonderful for our attendees to see everyone's response in real time and exactly what their contemporaries were feeling and thinking while they were voting.

Poll Everywhere review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Teachers need a variety of techniques to encourage engagement. One of my favourites is PollEv."

What do you like best?

Poll Everywhere offers a wide variety of uses that promote learner engagement. It can be used to enhance audience participation in a large group setting, as well as to assess understanding in any size group. I have found it particularly helpful for allowing me to modify my presentation "on the fly" in response to audience responses.

What do you dislike?

It is a little tricky for some presenters to learn the software, although most who can use the internet and Powerpoint should be able to pick it up. I've written a getting started guide: https://productivephysician.com/poll-everywhere/

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version and get familiar with the product before considering a purchase.

Audience and learner engagement is critical, and using Poll Everywhere is one strategy that can help to increase participation and feedback, and hopefully increase retention of information.

Poll Everywhere review by User in Higher Education

"Quick and easy to set up"

What do you like best?

We only decided the afternoon before a big meeting that we wanted to try doing a live poll. Fortunately, a coworker had a membership with Poll Everywhere and added me as a user. The various types of polls were all very engaging and we were able to find something that fit our needs easily. Set up was easy as well.

What do you dislike?

The limited number of responses allowed per membership level

Figuring out how to display the poll question full screen and not turn the poll offline

Each question had its own setting for displaying responses and although two questions displayed the results automatically, one question had them hidden, making me think I hadn't captured them at all

We were able to get live results based on a larger group's opinions

Poll Everywhere review by Anthony M. E.
Anthony M. E.

"Poll Everywhere Review"

What do you like best?

It is such a nice experience! Easy to send out and watch in real time when folks populate the screen with responses - so neat!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! it's been such a great user experience

This helps collect data and feedback on specific projects we are working on (for improvement)

Poll Everywhere review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"Great for K-12"

What do you like best?

Very good instantaneous polling. Audience participation is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The word cloud feature doesn't seem to work in my browser. It doesn't actually make word clouds.

Instant testing for understanding.

Poll Everywhere review by Matteo M.
Matteo M.

"Very nice"

What do you like best?

The possibility to embed the poll in your powerpoint or keynote presentation. It's a very nice and effective product

What do you dislike?

The fact that if you are not in US, the usage of text message to vote the poll is complicated and expensive.

In addition to that with my profile (the premium entry one) we cannot change our account name (to create a nicer and easier URL to vote).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider to test first with the premium account and then switch to the profile you need. Pay attention the limitation in the number of answers.

Collect votes/opinions from an audience.

Store the digital version of the opinions from the audience

Poll Everywhere review by Matthew F.
Matthew F.

"Super easy polling product"

What do you like best?

I like how it is easily customizable and highly functional. This is easily one of my go to's for polling people.

What do you dislike?

Although there is a free version it does highly limit the amount of responses that a poll can receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to submit texts as poll answers is a great feature. The whole platform is definitely easy to use, check it out!

I use this to help make decisions internally and sometimes get outside opinions.

Poll Everywhere review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Nifty!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up. It works accross platforms. I could easily show someone how to sue it or they can figure it out on their own. There isn't much of a delay at all when getting responses up.

What do you dislike?

Mainly the cost. It was a great test run. But being state funded we have a tight budget. But I hear our university is working on a deal with them. this fall. I am excited for that opportunity to work with this more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy of use is everything. And this has it.

Use this in the classroom setting. Students sometimes wont speak up. Or we are talking about smoe sensitive topics and this give you an anonymous form of participation.

Poll Everywhere review by Vaishnav K.
Vaishnav K.

"Satisfactory"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Twitter can be used to poll participants. Most of the audience for our many meetings (who happen to be the employees of the company) have used twitter, are aware of its functioning and find it relatively easy to access. The fact that they do not have to install a new application to vote is something I have heard often.

What do you dislike?

SMS as a means of voting. It definitely looks like a lot of people are on paid SMS plans and they are not comfortable using this means as it affects their mobile related finances quite significantly. We vote on a number of things during each meeting. For instance, the user experience team meets to decide course of action on a workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the product for sure. I think there are benefits in terms of how it exploits other existing mediums to deliver a good experience - especially mobile. I think this has ensured that results are faster to obtain - atleast this is what I would like to believe.

Obtain Quantitative data which makes it transparent for everyone that we are a company that values individual decisions and that the employees definitely have a say in important matters.

Poll Everywhere review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"Phone survey"

What do you like best?

you can have a phone poll done with a group. turns he presentation into a group discussion

What do you dislike?

need to connect to wifi and the login for some people is confusing, can cause a generation gap in the presentation

Recommendations to others considering the product

integrate it with a powerpoint/ prezi

makes presentations more interactive

Poll Everywhere review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Versatile Software that Helps to Promote Student Engagement"

What do you like best?

PollEverywhere is really intuitive on the student end. It offers a vast variety of question types to maintain optimal engagement.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive, even for educators. I'd also like to see better integration with web presentations like Google Slides.

We use Poll Everywhere to boost student participation and engagement. Students are more likely to pay attention if they don't have to raise their hand in class. Open ended polls also work well for hybrid and online classes.

Poll Everywhere review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"Good"

What do you like best?

Complete product across platform, easy to set up, free for the first 25 audience

What do you dislike?

Price is too expensive for non profit organization with few training per month.

Improve the effectiveness of seminars or training session

Poll Everywhere review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Participation!"

What do you like best?

Depending on what you are using it for it has some varying applicability. But to keep participants attention and active participation in training circumstance it is great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit clunky and harder to set up

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what the purpose of your plan to use this for - it will guide you to making things much simpler

hard to pinpoint

Poll Everywhere review by User in Higher Education

"Assessing Student Learning"

What do you like best?

I love the anonymity and speed of Poll Everywhere! Is a great way to assess students' prior knowledge of a topic before beginning a lesson ("tell me what you think the term "service-learning" means), as well as to answer questions from some of the more reticent students. And it's fun to watch the words fly around the screen!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I just wish more of my students had smartphones/tablets to be able to participate.

Education is a constantly evolving process; these days, you really need to engage learners (Millennials) with more than just textbook and lecture.

Poll Everywhere review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Poll everywhere is simple"

What do you like best?

Poll everywhere is a very quick and simple way to gain on the spot feedback.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are too simplistic which may not give you the most detailed feedback

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many poll applications out there. Poll everywhere is at the top of the list but you don't always need to use.

Feedback is genuinely subjective. An application like this is best used for quantitative feedback.

Learning about Poll Everywhere?

* We monitor all Poll Everywhere reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.