Polly

Polly is a survey software built for Slack and Microsoft teams.

Work for Polly?

Learning about Polly?

Polly Reviews

Showing 14 Polly reviews
Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Great for short, informal surveys"

What do you like best?

Integration in slack makes it much more likely for our employees to complete surveys, because they don't have to click around everywhere. You can see results in comments in slack too- the whole integration is great. They have pretty good templates for surveys as well. We have taken a few and customized them for our own needs.

What do you dislike?

Once a survey is sent, you don't have the option to change it or to even change the close date, so if something needs to be changed you have to go ahead and delete it, and then start over. An edit functionality would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use polly and surveymonkey for different things because they have different strengths. Polly is great for short informal surveys/questions.

Using polly for short informal surveys to gauge employee interest in various initiatives, like snack preferences or what book to read for a book club. Integration with slack means our developers don't have to click out of anything. Small time saver but makes a big difference in participation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Polly
Polly review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Polly is a great tool for short polls that need answers quick!"

What do you like best?

I like that Polly makes it easier to get answers to questions from the team easily through Slack. I use it all the time for work related tasks as well as silly polls in the office. Slack is already a great tool but using Polly with it really makes it that much better.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Polly is hard to create when you don't create it on the internet browser. I don't like creating it in the app because I'm worried about sending it incorrectly! But if you do it online, it is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to communicate with your team in an easy to use poll, then Polly should be your choice with Slack!

We are solving the problem of getting people to reply to things. Polly lets people quick vote for things and it saves us a ton of time instead of emailing people individually.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Polly review by Daniel Q.
Daniel Q.

"Excellent, intuitive polling software with lots of options "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the different number of options that the software provides to allow you to make all of the polls imaginable, and how it is very easy to post these polls on Slack

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to edit polls once posted, and many times I've found myself having to completely rebuild a poll after finding a small error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check and triple check the polls you post! A single error will make you have to remake the entire poll!

Easy polling, plain and simple! Things like deciding things for our lab, picking dates, etc.

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Easy to use app for simple, streamlined polling"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to do both anonymous and non-anonymous reviews. The ability to send the poll via direct message also comes in handy for polls that cross group channels. Scheduling of polls also helps with time management.

What do you dislike?

Would like an option to make more dynamic polls - like slider bars or ranking options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really only for simple use cases - you're not going to reinvent the wheel or get a lot of complex problems solved here, but it's easy, quick, and fun.

Avoiding email when quick responses to simple questions are needed. Keeps inboxes more streamlined and allows more people quick input on questions.

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Industrial Automation
G2 Crowd User in Industrial Automation

"Awesome surveying app"

What do you like best?

Surveying and collecting poll is extremely simple and has a very user friendly web page. It has many advantages and many different features making the system a complete solution for our needs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really worth noting, app is extremely simple and does the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Polly to others, it is extremely simple and meets the needs of a Slack user.

The reminders features is also very valuable if you plan to have many polls running at once.

We have many surveys that we like to collect using simple polls - Polly's integration with Slack is extremely seamless allowing ease of adaptability.

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Polly for group lunches"

What do you like best?

I like the new UX where I can see all of the polls I have ever done.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could create a poll within slack, instead of having to do to it in an external browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it for smaller polls, not large form like needs.

I poll people for how they liked lunch after each company catered meal, to decide where we are going to eat, and for silly things like "should x wear a unicorn onsie to work."

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Does Exactly What We Need"

What do you like best?

I like that Polly is simple to use so my team can quickly get the responses they need.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I don't like!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it!

We often need feedback from our students about what they want so Polly allows us to get a poll up instantly and get responses quickly.

Polly review by User

"Good poll service. A little ambiguous to set up"

What do you like best?

I like that you use this in Slack and poll different channels

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ambiguous set up as far as starting a poll in Slack

Providing the ability to gauge company culture. We've been able to quickly communicate

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"An excellent way to poll"

What do you like best?

Its interface is easy to use, we love creating polls for both serious business issues and lighter ones, like lunch

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. I am glad that polly is simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes life easy, go for it

We can get everyone's opinion on a topic really quickly.

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Polly is easy to use and integrated into Slack very well"

What do you like best?

Works natively in the slack app and you can easily get information via surveys

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, other than the fact that there are so many slackbots that it's hard to keep track of them all

Sourcing information from large crowds instantly on Slack

Polly review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Polly is great when integrated with Slack for polling group questions."

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup polls that can be customized for whatever my needs are.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used it enough to find something I dislike yet.

It makes it much easier to get the groups' opinion on questions.

Polly review by G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions
G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions

"A Slack Bot that provides poll/voting functionality"

What do you like best?

Once the poll is up and running it's quite user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The set up seems to be more complicated than necessary

We needed an easy way for the team to quickly vote on various items. This simple bot provided that functionality.

Polly review by Rishi K.
Rishi K.

"Awesome polling tool within slack"

What do you like best?

Customizable polling options,

Keeps updating votes

What do you dislike?

Nothing on my mind for now. The tool is easy to use and great.

Story pointing during sprint planning

Planning events

Planning team lunches

Polly review by User

"Overly complicated "

What do you like best?

Polly is fairly good for polls with more than a few options

What do you dislike?

It is overly complicated to create and read the polls

Polly allows us to poll a large group fairly easily

Learning about Polly?

* We monitor all Polly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.