POP

4.0

POP has tons of features to build your prototype the way you want, including import tools, links, and transitions.

Work for POP?

Learning about POP?

POP Reviews

Ask POP a Question
Showing 23 POP reviews
POP review by Shawn W.
Shawn W.

"Quick & Simple"

What do you like best?

As mentioned in my title, POP is quick and easy to use. I can draft mobile solutions and quickly demonstrate my concept to stakeholders, developers, project managers, and users (if necessary). This allows me and my team to draft, test, iterate, and repeat in record time.

What do you dislike?

The sensitivity of the feature used to draw a hotspot needs work because it's sometimes a little difficult to stretch the box. I'm not sure if it's a finger size or friction issue but it raised a few challenges for me in the past. I wish POP had more gestural features because it's something that other applications lack. Many of share-outs involve questions on interaction & animation but my team and I seldom dive into those specifics because it's time-consuming. Having such a feature would help us better convey those aspects of a product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only recommend POP as a quick & dirty method to get varying ideas out of the way so that we can hone in on the actual solutions.

Mostly time sensitivity. I can use POP to discuss new ideas and change them right on the spot with designers, developers, and stakeholders. It's a great tool for conversations & getting a project to move along.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about POP
POP review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"GREAT for rapid prototyping! If you have an artistic hand."

What do you like best?

Like my title says - great for rapid prototyping! You can draw your web or app wireframes on your notebook, take photos, link it up, and next thing you know you have a very real and functional prototype to share with your team. It's fast and simple.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing when there are a lot of boards to work with. I recommend it for smaller, simpler prototypes - not to be used as your primary prototype application. It is great to check flow really quickly and good for user testing if you're on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT.

Saving time. Understanding flow earlier saves a lot of time in the long run. It's easy to conceptualize flow in your head but drawing it out and physically testing it with POP is way better.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

POP review by Jenny B.
Jenny B.

"Fun and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to take pictures of your wireframe and turn them into an interactive model. There's no need to get a computer involved.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to assign the right movement to certain items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

I'm able to mock up ideas on the fly, turning words into visuals more quickly. This allows me to discuss ideas with clients and immediately show them how they could work in a real-world way. Most clients are visual and have trouble imagining how things work, especially tech and apps. Allowing them to visualize and even play with an idea in Pop is a great way to help them understand the concept and sell the product to them.

"POP Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create designs directly in the app using shapes and text. The UI is wonderful and clear. I was able to navigate the app within a few minutes of opening it. The free printable templates are also really handy, but unless you have your phone connected to your printer, they're useless.

What do you dislike?

For what the app is, and how I use it, there aren't really any major negatives. It functions in the same way that Marvel does (they're almost identical) and provides a helpful tool for lo-fi prototyping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure what the benefits are of using POP compared to Marvel. They both function in the same way to me.

I use POP for paper prototyping and to get ideas into interactions in the quickest possible way.

POP review by Kevin T.
Kevin T.

"Fast and Totally Low-Friction... but Far from Robust"

What do you like best?

VERY short learning curve. I've watched an entire classroom of prototyping novices become experts in this app within a half hour. There's definitely something to be said about that!

Pop helps a lot with quickly discovering mistakes in user flow and UI design for simple mobile apps.

The workflow in Pop is quick and easy -- take pictures of sketches with your phone, pop them into the app, link them up via hotspots. The import and set-up goes very quickly and, as far as paper prototyping goes, this is about as good as it gets. The co-working mode and DropBox integration is smart, and transition/gestures add a quick and easy "real feel" to your otherwise flat and abstract paper prototypes.

What do you dislike?

The majority of the time I'd rather make a low fidelity digital prototype than a paper prototype. There's a lot of abstraction when you're showing a user something sketched out on paper. You've got a lot of noise -- the sketchiness, handwriting legibility, typically greyscale -- blocking whatever you're testing.

If you have to make a paper prototype, I'd definitely recommend Pop. It's much better and easier than doing a "manual" paper prototype user test. However, no matter how many transitions or animations you add I still don't believe that a paper prototype is a good way to test a system with users. I've actually used Pop to test a user flow on my own, though, to see how well screens link up together from a logical/muscle memory standpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you must make a simple paper prototype of a phone/tablet application, you should definitely use Pop.

If you've got more than a couple screens, don't use Pop. In fact, don't make a paper prototype at all.

If you want a quick way to test your sketched-out screen flows on your own (not with users) this can definitely help you out in that area.

POP review by Parker K.
Parker K.

"Expert Use"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and easiness of Pop. Its pretty straight forward after you download it. It also has a simple name which is pretty easy to remember to look up on the app store. However your app store words could use some fine tuning when you type in pop, it doesn't always come up first.

What do you dislike?

It falls up short to when compared to other products like Marvel. I think for a first time prototyper, or for use with participants in a user testing environment it works fine. Your app store words could use some fine tuning when you type in pop, it doesn't always come up first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect to only use it for low res, and low fidelity mockups or flow tests

I'm teaching non-tech and non-designers how to prototype as well as design new products myself with my team

POP review by Mayank K.
Mayank K.

"Great basic tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly do prototypes using basic drawings and simple interactivity through the app.

What do you dislike?

Becomes tricky to manage a heavy prototype in terms of interactions and speed. Offline support is not that great yet. There are some issues with managing prototype screens within the app and can sometimes crash as you work on the app. The interface and usage of app is very different across web platform and their mobile experiences and hence can make understanding tools difficult across different platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice basic tool that can help test ux flows with users with minimal effort and cost

To quickly test ux prototypes with users and receive their feedback on product design ideas

POP review by Max S.
Max S.

"Super Quick Prototyping from Hand Drawn Sketches"

What do you like best?

No fiddly drawing in app - draw on paper

Excellent recognition of hot spots

What do you dislike?

iphone app not as robust as web app

Output quality limited to your drawing ability

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not the only software out there but it has a unique angle. If you think with your hands on actual paper you will love it.

Very quickly wireframe iphone app or web app. Great at showing proof of concept. The flow of an anticipated function is quickly realized. It's also fun.

POP review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"Misses the point of prototyping"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and can help visualize interactions easily. It was intuitive to use and easy to share.

What do you dislike?

I think that this product straddles two distinct types of products and does a disservice to design because of that. The reason that people like paper prototypes is they are fast and testers know there wasn't a lot of work involved and feel like they can give honest feedback because it is still early in the design process. Wireframing tools are nice because they allow designers to mock things up and users get the idea but interact in a natural way. POP muddies the two and not in a peanut butter and chocolate way. Instead, it takes what is bad about paper (low-fidelity) and mixes it with not-real interactions.

I have not realized any benefits. My colleagues and I separate out paper from technical and it has worked well. When POP has been used, there has been less useful feedback and a little more work while iterating and translating to higher fidelity prototypes.

POP review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"Great for Lo-fi prototypes"

What do you like best?

This is a super easy to learn tool that allows for users to quickly snap pics with their phones of drawings or sketches and tie together a flow to show a series of sceens and test an idea immediately. It also allows for participatory design among those who are not designers.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to manipulate hot spot shapes on a phone, only recently did I realize that this could be edited on their website. Also the app isn't supported on Android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free and simple to try. Supports basic interactions, however is missing more sophisticated animations.

Rapidly prototyping ideas - have used for a variety of apps in different industries. I've mainly used it to test heirarchy of information and if labels, flow make sense. Also good for testing scale of buttons and fields.

POP review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for rapid prototyping"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile version of the app. It was very easy to use and setup my first paper prototype.

What do you dislike?

The native version seems to lack a lot of features and I found it more difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The native version has a lot of issues but I love using it on iOS Mobile and tablet.

POP makes prototyping on mobile so easy and it is very fast and easy to learn how to use.

POP review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Perfect for Initial Mockups"

What do you like best?

I like how simple this app is. Being able to turn a sketch into a quick prototype is easy and helpful. Lets you quickly discover if there are any flaws in app.

What do you dislike?

I dont like how it restricts you to certain screen designs. I wish you could make it whatever size you wished.

Using it as a quick way to go through initial mockups before design starts. Helps wireframes we more thought out and usually leads to less errors down the road.

POP review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Great App Startup "

What do you like best?

I like its overall simplicity. I'm pretty new to design, and having 9,000,000 things on the screen at all times is overwhelming. Thankfully, that is not the case here.

What do you dislike?

It is a little costly, but considering how useful it is, I don't mind.

It provides easy-to-use wire framing in a phone-sized package. It allows me to take my design from my desk anywhere I want.

POP review by Rafael F.
Rafael F.

"Useful and intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly turn a sketch into a functionalish prototype without needing to use a computer

What do you dislike?

I think there is a limit to the functionality you can really create with Pop, and to my knowledge there isn't really an option for desktop projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your most important screens and flow before you start.

This solves the problem of needing to create rough prototypes quickly and efficiently

POP review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"Perfect from going from paper to prototype"

What do you like best?

You can draw out your design, take photos, and link it. It's easy and fast. Perfect for quick ideas and trying out user flow.

What do you dislike?

I mean, you use your camera to take photos of your drawings. So if you draw poorly, it's not gonna look nice on the screen.

Benefits: Quick and easy. Perfect for rough ideas.

POP review by Greta G.
Greta G.

"Easy transition from paper to mobile"

What do you like best?

I like paper prototyping and POP helps me easily transfer paper mocks to mobile and understand how it will look like in reality.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if I could do some minor changes just on the phone screen instead of changing the picture.

The latest problem I solved with POP was a design challenge for Bootcamp admission

POP review by Samantha W.
Samantha W.

"We were not impressed"

What do you like best?

The beginning startup was easy, seemed to be a very useful program

What do you dislike?

Hard to navigate, once we tried to use it for our business it was chaos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look at all options, we jumped before we really knew how to use this program

We didn't solve any problems, we didn't see any benefits

POP review by Genna S.
Genna S.

"so quick and easy "

What do you like best?

Quick, and easy. I really like that its on mobile, and it can bring a simple paper prototype to life.

I also love that it actually has transitions.

It does what it is meant to do very well.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have a use for it in my current job, as I am not starting from scratch with any projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for apps that are just starting out.

Its great for when I need to quickly show functionality to stakeholders.

POP review by Emma G.
Emma G.

"A wireframing tool that allows you to create prototypes quickly"

What do you like best?

That you can take pictures of the different pages of your app and put them together like an app.

What do you dislike?

I think the app is fantastic -- no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use this app!!! It is easy to use, anyone can use it. You don't need a design background.

I am dealing with UX questions. This tool has been incredibly helpful.

POP review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

The ease in being able to upload paper prototypes and it being interactive of course.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little clunky and also a little difficult to upload images that are centred inside the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! for PPing

dog walking for time poor people / connecting those who don't have an animal but want the interaction

User in Design

"The Perfect Early-Stage Prototyping Tool"

What do you like best?

POP provides just enough power to build a semi-functional prototype, but not so many options as to overcomplicate the early stages.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. The app is pretty perfect for what it does.

I've used POP to prototype early stage app UX. It's fast, intuitive, and people seem to enjoy testing apps on it.

POP review by User in Internet

"Great for quick prototyping, brainstorming with colleagues."

What do you like best?

Its ability to convey ideas quickly. It works great when we have a project with a quick turnaround time and we need to brainstorm ideas as a team quickly.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to export things in a more presentation-like format.

Rapid prototyping for things like quizzes, interactive experiences, apps.

"Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

POP is very easy to use, and it enables me to very quickly create mobile mockups at any stage of my project.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to create transitions or incorporate animations.

Have created quick prototypes to find problems with flow, or proportions within a screen design.

Learning about POP?

* We monitor all POP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.