POP

POP has tons of features to build your prototype the way you want, including import tools, links, and transitions.

Work for POP?

Learning about POP?

POP Reviews

Showing 23 POP reviews
POP review by <span>Shawn W.</span>
Shawn W.

Quick & Simple

What do you like best?

As mentioned in my title, POP is quick and easy to use. I can draft mobile solutions and quickly demonstrate my concept to stakeholders, developers, project managers, and users (if necessary). This allows me and my team to draft, test, iterate, and repeat in record time.

What do you dislike?

The sensitivity of the feature used to draw a hotspot needs work because it's sometimes a little difficult to stretch the box. I'm not sure if it's a finger size or friction issue but it raised a few challenges for me in the past. I wish POP had more gestural features because it's something that other applications lack. Many of share-outs involve questions on interaction & animation but my team and I seldom dive into those specifics because it's time-consuming. Having such a feature would help us better convey those aspects of a product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only recommend POP as a quick & dirty method to get varying ideas out of the way so that we can hone in on the actual solutions.

Mostly time sensitivity. I can use POP to discuss new ideas and change them right on the spot with designers, developers, and stakeholders. It's a great tool for conversations & getting a project to move along.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about POP
POP review by <span>Michelle C.</span>
Michelle C.

GREAT for rapid prototyping! If you have an artistic hand.

What do you like best?

Like my title says - great for rapid prototyping! You can draw your web or app wireframes on your notebook, take photos, link it up, and next thing you know you have a very real and functional prototype to share with your team. It's fast and simple.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing when there are a lot of boards to work with. I recommend it for smaller, simpler prototypes - not to be used as your primary prototype application. It is great to check flow really quickly and good for user testing if you're on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT.

Saving time. Understanding flow earlier saves a lot of time in the long run. It's easy to conceptualize flow in your head but drawing it out and physically testing it with POP is way better.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

POP review by <span>Jenny B.</span>
Jenny B.

Fun and easy to use

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to take pictures of your wireframe and turn them into an interactive model. There's no need to get a computer involved.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to assign the right movement to certain items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

I'm able to mock up ideas on the fly, turning words into visuals more quickly. This allows me to discuss ideas with clients and immediately show them how they could work in a real-world way. Most clients are visual and have trouble imagining how things work, especially tech and apps. Allowing them to visualize and even play with an idea in Pop is a great way to help them understand the concept and sell the product to them.

POP review by User in Design
User in Design

POP Review

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create designs directly in the app using shapes and text. The UI is wonderful and clear. I was able to navigate the app within a few minutes of opening it. The free printable templates are also really handy, but unless you have your phone connected to your printer, they're useless.

What do you dislike?

For what the app is, and how I use it, there aren't really any major negatives. It functions in the same way that Marvel does (they're almost identical) and provides a helpful tool for lo-fi prototyping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure what the benefits are of using POP compared to Marvel. They both function in the same way to me.

I use POP for paper prototyping and to get ideas into interactions in the quickest possible way.

POP review by <span>Kevin T.</span>
Kevin T.

Fast and Totally Low-Friction... but Far from Robust

What do you like best?

VERY short learning curve. I've watched an entire classroom of prototyping novices become experts in this app within a half hour. There's definitely something to be said about that!

Pop helps a lot with quickly discovering mistakes in user flow and UI design for simple mobile apps.

The workflow in Pop is quick and easy -- take pictures of sketches with your phone, pop them into the app, link them up via hotspots. The import and set-up goes very quickly and, as far as paper prototyping goes, this is about as good as it gets. The co-working mode and DropBox integration is smart, and transition/gestures add a quick and easy "real feel" to your otherwise flat and abstract paper prototypes.

What do you dislike?

The majority of the time I'd rather make a low fidelity digital prototype than a paper prototype. There's a lot of abstraction when you're showing a user something sketched out on paper. You've got a lot of noise -- the sketchiness, handwriting legibility, typically greyscale -- blocking whatever you're testing.

If you have to make a paper prototype, I'd definitely recommend Pop. It's much better and easier than doing a "manual" paper prototype user test. However, no matter how many transitions or animations you add I still don't believe that a paper prototype is a good way to test a system with users. I've actually used Pop to test a user flow on my own, though, to see how well screens link up together from a logical/muscle memory standpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you must make a simple paper prototype of a phone/tablet application, you should definitely use Pop.

If you've got more than a couple screens, don't use Pop. In fact, don't make a paper prototype at all.

If you want a quick way to test your sketched-out screen flows on your own (not with users) this can definitely help you out in that area.

POP review by <span>Parker K.</span>
Parker K.

Expert Use

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and easiness of Pop. Its pretty straight forward after you download it. It also has a simple name which is pretty easy to remember to look up on the app store. However your app store words could use some fine tuning when you type in pop, it doesn't always come up first.

What do you dislike?

It falls up short to when compared to other products like Marvel. I think for a first time prototyper, or for use with participants in a user testing environment it works fine. Your app store words could use some fine tuning when you type in pop, it doesn't always come up first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect to only use it for low res, and low fidelity mockups or flow tests

I'm teaching non-tech and non-designers how to prototype as well as design new products myself with my team

Learning about POP?

* We monitor all POP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.