Poser

Poser is a digital stage that gives you full creative control.

Work for Poser?

Learning about Poser?

Poser Reviews

Showing 10 Poser reviews
Poser review by <span>Arthur B.</span>
Arthur B.

Poser software review

What do you like best?

Poser is a handy software for people looking to experiment or integrate complete human body models in an intuitive and reasonably easy to learn interface.

What do you dislike?

I've used this software a while ago and it was very easy to create models and positions. On the down side the software tries to be more than it actually is, presenting a somewhat confusing render/animation interface and extensive 3D features that are commonly solved through more generic 3D software workflows (like 3D max, maya, Rhino and so on). Although the version I tried is probably outdated, I could spot some minor bugs and glitches, but I'm sure they've sorted this by now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Poser deserves as much respect as any other specialized 3D software developer. If you have the business resources and need their models/software/features for a job or project, do the right thing and support their team. Community support is the only way small businesses like this can survive and evolve to greater versions, considering they have to put up with an extremely unbalanced 3D software market, dominated by some very big companies out there.

I wasn't sorting any business problems, just working around human manequin, bodies, hand models and etc so I could export the models into some academic-presentation purpose scenes. A quick and easy way if you don't want to model each human part or body for 3D compositions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Poser
Poser review by <span>Chester H.</span>
Chester H.

My experience with Poser

What do you like best?

I used a lot of 3D programs when I was back in college, and I loved the way how the program works. It is very convienient for me as a user. I used to work with a lot of characters in my art work, and I just don't want to model an entire character from scratch, it just takes too much of my time, in order to shorten my time, I tend to utilize Poser a lot, I modify a lot of the character features in Poser and export them to obj then import to Maya.

What do you dislike?

I thought the user interface was a little confusing, maybe it's just for me.

Time management, saved lots of my time when I use Poser.

What 3D Modeling solution do you use?

Poser review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

Intuitive and easy to get hight quality characters

What do you like best?

The best thing about Poser is the capacity to build quickly and easily complicated human positions. So, It is very useful for my work as a graphic artist in the editorial area, where time is money and at the same time you need careful graphics.

The program is very intuitive so you can use without any knowlegde. The different cameras are very helpful too to have a better control.

What do you dislike?

It is a complementary program, that I don't use so often as Ilustrator and photoshop. So, sometimes I feel frustrated when in the torsion of one arm, for example, ends completely deformed. The lighting are tricky too. Anyway, I must confess that I still am a basic user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hightly recommend to graphics artist that need quickly and quality characters for their graphics. Furthermore, it is a good option to work with other 3D programs as Cinema 4D.

I get personalized characters in the positions I need for my graphics. Besides it offers different kinds of render options from the traditional 3D to the drawing style, so it better adapts to the style of your production.

Poser review by <span>Maciej F.</span>
Maciej F.

Best posing software for my illustration works

What do you like best?

Quick posing and export to lwo (Modo) for more enhancement

What do you dislike?

Accuracy of model deformation (Poser 10)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must try a trial but this is a tool which you can learn fast and start serious work "immediately"

Verry quick solution to not build human models from scratch, pose them quickely and integrate in scenes in external 3D software. Clients love to have quick previews to respond on them and have corrections.

Poser review by User

User-Friendly CG Studio

What do you like best?

- easy to use, little learning curve

- cheaper than Autodesk programs

- the newer versions support animation!

What do you dislike?

Since it is a simpler platform, there's not as much control over creating new parameters for joints or re-rigging items like you would in a more advanced program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a perfect starter program. I've even recognized elements from Poser used in a Linkin Park video and some CD covers.

I use this for fun. For client work with quick turnaround, this was a good way to produce quick content with low render time and pre-made models.

Poser review by <span>Dan S.</span>
Dan S.

Very happy and impressed with Poser software

What do you like best?

I liked that the marketplace was full of items as well as the finite details available to customize little things.

What do you dislike?

This isn't a knock on the software as much as my own hardware but the rendering time for me often took serious time and I couldn't upgrade my hardware then to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn the software inside and out so understand some of the underused features available.

I was doing it for fun but currently have not been doing Poser for a few years.

Learning about Poser?

* We monitor all Poser reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.