Post Planner

Social Media Management: Facebook Marketing.

Work for Post Planner?
Falcon.io 2x

Learning about Post Planner?

Compare Post Planner to Similar Solutions

Post Planner Reviews

Showing 16 Post Planner reviews
Post Planner review by <span>Jerry S.</span>
Jerry S.

Just use something else

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The post recycling feature is nice - being able to schedule certain posts to repeat every X days. It doesn't outweigh the negatives, though.

What do you dislike?

Postplanner first increased their prices without notification. I was grandfathered into a Guru package with a certain discount, which still made the platform too expensive for the limited use I had for it. However, their policy for annual subscription is also to renew them without notification up to 90 days before the anniversary. This means that I was charged in May for a plan originally started in August, and since you cannot cancel an annual subscription within the last 91 days (yes, a full 3 months!) without having to pay for the next year, Postplanner is happily keeping my money.

If you're looking for a tool to manage your social media account - look elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steer clear!!! Deceitful business practices, unresponsive support and no care for the customer at all.

Regardless of the benefits, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Post Planner
Post Planner review by <span>Michelle C.</span>
Michelle C.
Validated Review

Not worth it. Buyer Beware.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There are no pros. The quality of the service is low, my engagement did not go up, I received my first spam complaint in over 5 years of working with social media for business.

What do you dislike?

Product usefulness is low, the cost is high, billing policy is unnecessarily unfair at best and unethical at worst.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not worth it. Buyer Beware.

A company worth its salt would not have to employ a policy of charging for their service three months in advance of the renewal date with no email notice and NO possibility of a refund. Oh - but that's in their terms around the 1300 word mark so read carefully and buyer beware! This company is a great example of how unethical companies take advantage of consumers.

I manage several social media accounts and purchased a membership for $60 in Feb 2016 because their advertising promised that I could generate more posts for my clients with increased engagement in a shorter amount of time.

During my first trial, I was not very impressed with the quality of the posts but was not ready to totally give up. Months later I got a chance to go back to it. I really put a lot of time and effort this time into pouring through post, article, and other suggestions to find something of value that wasn't just "fluff." Many of the posts and article suggestions were too generic or not appropriate for use with business social media accounts. I could only use about one of every 15-20 posts I had to look at. When I tried to save custom searches, they ended up mostly producing ZERO suggestions with any stars (more stars indicate higher levels of predicted engagement). I have clients in several different industries, so it is quite odd that nothing popular could be found for any of my custom searches. It was all - "have a great day" puppies, and "you can do it" cats. Anything that wasn't along those lines would not ever have any stars. Now I know there is popular content for the industries I serve since I work in social media every day.

I did end up posting some of these silly "fluff" posts because PostPlanner promises that your engagement will go up. Not only did I get less engagement from their posts, I got my first spam complaint on facebook :(

I decided that I had burned through way too much time with this program and I had a few more months until it expired so I set a reminder to give it one more shot before I canceled.

Lo and behold, in November 2016, I was charged $93.37 by PostPlanner. I was taken by surprise. "This must be a mistake," I thought. I was in no way prepared or willing to pay anything for this silly service let alone almost $100! I do a lot of commerce over the internet and am even a web hosting vendor myself. So I think, "No Problem." I figured I would just tell them I didn't intend to purchase the service renewal and request a refund. SURELY, that would not be a big deal since THERE IS NO MONEY OUT OF THEIR POCKET and since it goes through PayPal, it would literally take seconds to log in to PayPal and click the "Refund" button (as I know from personal experience with my business). But I was denied stating that their plan renews anytime within 90 days before your due date and it is NON-REFUNDABLE once it goes through. After a few emails back and forth (which were obviously boilerplate because I see the same responses on this site), the last correspondence is (and I quote):

"Hi Michelle-

I'm very sorry you are unhappy. Our policies are very clear in our terms.

Regards,

Leeann"

Yes - it IS stated in their policy. This policy is accessible from a link at the bottom of their website and start at about word 1200. Some will argue that it is my fault and I did not read the 73 paragraphs consisting of over 5600 words outlining all of the terms in the middle of my work day when I was trying to increase my productivity. And they would be correct.

But I am also a business owner and a very active online consumer. I believe that we should be able to have just a little tiny bit of trust when we make a purchase. When a company puts some very non-standard early billing terms in their agreement that have no reason or justification and just plain don't make sense, it seems like it is only a sorry tactic to increase their revenue. I have in the past refunded fees charged for something (that did not cost me anything) if there was a misunderstanding. Even if it was clear in my terms. This is so rigid and outside of my business experiences over the last 15 years. Personally, I go above and beyond to make sure my customers understand their billing! If I had to charge three months in advance for something, you better believe I would send an email or something. Just so I wouldn't have to deal with these bad reviews if for nothing else!

This is just bad business and very unethical to me. I have never in my life heard of charging someone so far in advance for a virtual service and then refusing refunds! This is why I am writing this. This is so obviously an attempt to rip people off.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Post Planner review by <span>Shanelle C.</span>
Shanelle C.

Lifesaver

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I enjoy the sample status options, prescheduling, and weekly updates about post engagements.

What do you dislike?

A few times I received a message that my status didn't post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface can be confusing at first glance. Take time to look around the system first. Allow yourself a few weeks to get used to using the system. They have helpful hints throughout the system to help you use the tool. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Customer service does help.

Postplanner saved me so much time. I am able to have my promotions go out in an organized fashion without me having to sit in front of the computer. I can also find a few conversation starters and quote images from the system and keep recycling those. The benefits have been that the posts are more engaging, professional, and organized.

Post Planner review by <span>Tiffany H.</span>
Tiffany H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I absolutely love Post Planner! I have used quite a few social media schedulers, but this it the only one I have tried that actually helps you to curate content as well.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I outright dislike about Post Planner, but I do wish that they were integrated with more platforms. Right now, I only use it for Facebook and Twitter, but it would be nice to be able to use it for Google+ and Pinterest as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend giving it a shot. My engagement has improved a TON since I started using it and I am convinced that Post Planner is the reason.

Before I started using Post Planner, I am sad to admit that I wasn't really consistent with posting on social media. Pat of this was because it is sometimes challenging to find enough time to curate enough content. Post Planner makes this so much easier! They are integrated with Facebook and Twitter, which are two of my top 3 platforms (the other is Pinterest). They make it easy for you to set up how many times you want to post on your various platforms. I have mine set to 4 times per day, which I think is reasonable. It is easy to create content fro scratch, which is what it has in common with other social media schedulers. However, where Post Planner does things a bit better is that they also give you a LOT of content to choose from. The topics you can choose from are: quotes, engaging, interesting, funny, business, marketing, top news, and random. You can also choose to look through status ideas, which are typically simple yet engaging questions you can ask your audience. You can get more specific by searching for Facebook page, keywords, hashtags, or Twitter handles. Another cool feature is that they show you how each piece of curated content typically performs, o you can focus on the ones that are more likely to get good engagement.

Post Planner review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

A Powerful, Unreliable Tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

- connection to Facebook insights surfaces post data in your plan

- Flexible ways to use the platform, either via building a post schedule and letting PP automatically fill your slots, or uploading your schedules in bulk with an Excel spreadsheet with linked assets, or just one-off posts

What do you dislike?

- Frequent outages, constant need to refresh share tokens to enable publishing, its "randomizer" is not random at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

PostPlanner is very competitively priced, with discounts for extended use, multiple page and user support, and more. Unfortunately, we experience outages, so you have to stay on top of the publishing yourself - can't set and forget. It's also very Facebook-centric, and would be better if it supported IFTTT-style scripting, translating Twitter and other outlets into cross-platform posts.

Unfortunately, Post Planner does not keep a bucket of your top performing social posts, nor allow you to run comparisons - what is the most frequent high quality status update, or pictures, or videos or links? Don't know. Still have to use Facebook and Twitter directly for those insights. It's a tool, but doesn't allow you to truly administrate social across platforms.

In the past, to plan an entire day's worth of content marketing across multiple pages on Facebook - nevermind other channels where we have a footprint like Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram - had a lot of repetition, to build posts by hand, and schedule them one by one on each page, and tracked appropriately. PostPlanner allows us to directly translate our calendar to real-time posts, meaning we free up literally hours per week to truly engage and create content.

Post Planner review by <span>Magnus H.</span>
Magnus H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is very versatile and allows me to re-use posts - something I haven't found in any other software I've tried. It has a vast treasure of cool content to use or draw inspiration from.

What do you dislike?

If you are posting over several different networks, it can be difficult to spot when you're about to post to the wrong one... I have learned that the hard way. Bigger icons or just a "You're about to post this..." might be handy. I also REALLY want an iOS app...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like the ability to schedule posts across a multitude of social networks for one or more brands, it's a no-brainer. There's no social listening, though. And no device apps. Don't be put off by the initially quite confusing user interface - there are some concepts that still confuse me, such as the fact that scheduling a post is not the same as planning one or adding it to the planned posts. It's also easy to set up recurring posts to recur a bit too often if you are not careful.

Take some time to get to know the tool and make it work for you.

Keeping track of what is being posted where, planning ahead, setting up future posts. It also provides basic tracking of posts across networks which is very handy.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Post Planner?

* We monitor all Post Planner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Post Planner to Similar Solutions