Postbox

Take control of your day with Postbox's super-customizable interface. Make your email work for you, just the way you need it to.

Work for Postbox?

Learning about Postbox?

Postbox Reviews

Showing 12 Postbox reviews
Postbox review by <span>Jason P.</span>
Jason P.

Postbox is the best cross-platform email client application I have used.

What do you like best?

Postbox has steadily improved over the years and I feel it is the best email client in the market for an installed email application. Things I like:

* Handles an enormous amount of emails and searches them fast

* Easy to transfer between computers and backup/restore

* Supports multiple accounts including POP3 and SMTP

* Clean User Interface and great usability

* Highlighting rules to color message based on specific filters

* Auto-folder or delete messages based on a filter

* Quick reply within the body of the email

* Cross-platform - works great on Windows or Mac

* Autothreading

I initially tried it because my Outlook application was getting super slow and couldn't handle my email archive history. I gave Postbox a try and it had a nice import from Outlook function which made things seemless.

The support is good and they have been responsive anytime I have any issues.

What do you dislike?

Things that I think could be improved:

* There is no calendar feature

* No tasks feature

* It can occasionally get confused about SMTP cloud email and not allow an undo of a delete to work properly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postbox has a free trial and is very easy to connect to existing email accounts. It also has the ability to import email from other email clients.

Postbox allows me to consolidate multiple email accounts and organize, manage, and archive key emails locally as needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Postbox
Postbox review by <span>Tessa W.</span>
Tessa W.

from Thunderbird to Postbox

What do you like best?

I have recently (within a few months) switched email applications from Mozilla Thunderbird to Postbox.

Initially, i favoured Thunderbird for the customization of the appearance of the program, being able to customize the skin/colours, made it easier for me to quickly identify the various parts to the email program.

Having used Postbox solely for the last while, It is easy to see how much more intuitive and powerful Postbox is, compared to Thunderbird.

I use exclusively Apple products (iPhone, iMac desktop at work, MacBook at work, iPad, etc) and Postbox is the perfect fit. It learns your 'junk' settings and has so many more features to increase productivity.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have a little more customization in the appearance of PostBox - it's a minor 'dislike', and by no way will it influence my decision to continue using, but having more customization and 'add on' features would be much appreciated :)

EMAILS! Today, emails have become a stressful, anxiety inducing part of my job. Constantly inundated with emails, it is a full time job sifting through and prioritizing each email, and ensuring nothing is missed.

Postbox solves this by assigning priorities and creating lists, hidden from your 'inbox' view - but still there with a click of a mouse as to not be missed.

What Other Email solution do you use?

Postbox review by <span>James R.</span>
James R.

Great Mail Replacement

What do you like best?

Everything in Postbox just works, and it's way easier to set up. I have absolutely no issues separating my mail or setting up custom signatures.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Postbox has issues with Security Certificate Exemptions if the email domain isn't registered to the exact name it displays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through the documentation, and definitely use the trial version before paying for a license. The application is easy to set up, it's easy to use, and it runs pretty well with only a couple of small quirks. Overall, it's a huge improvement to the mail app world.

I have about 6 different email accounts that I use, and Postbox has done a great job in helping me keep them separate. I never have any problems with lost mail, and it makes conversation tracking way easier than in other email programs I've used over the years.

Postbox review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

Dislike a lot...

What do you like best?

Nothing. I hate this email client. But I have too many mails in the archive now and don't dare to switch to another client. I have big problems with their rude archiving function and cannot find back my mails all the time. I now use specific tags on the bottom of mails I sent so I can find them back!

What do you dislike?

Very difficult interface. I cannot archive mails in folder structure which is what I want unless in a very tedious timeconsuming way. Now I have toput all mail into the archive. And this archive has the worst Search function ever. If I type the name of a person I mailed with or even the exact email address, I do NOT GET all the emails. I get only the ones he sent me. But not the ones I sent him !!! I frequently have trouble finding mails back. Important mails.

I can send and receive mails. Thats it. Actually, it the function to send mails even stopped working, so I now send them online and can only receive with Postbox. Once received, I can only move them from Inbox to the one BIG ARCHIVE. Great!

Postbox review by <span>Shelle P.</span>
Shelle P.

Finally a decent email option for Mac

What do you like best?

For those who have worked with enterprise level Outlook on a PC and have been unhappy with Mail on Mac, this is a great option. One has the ability to have multiple email accounts running, create folders, create folders that reside only on your Mac, have different signatures, etc.

What do you dislike?

When you use multiple email accounts and folders, it is not always easy to drag and drop email into a folder. However, you can right-click and move it anywhere, so not a huge problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is such an easy purchase and they continually update and make improvements.

Managing multiple email addresses, folders, signatures, and more.

Postbox review by <span>Erin A. P.</span>
Erin A. P.

Beautiful Inbox Management - Excellent alternative to Apple Mail

What do you like best?

I like the more robust functionality of Postbox as compared to Apple mail. I also find that Postbox fetches my mail much quicker than Apple mail, even if they are on the same fetching schedule.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the issues Postbox sometimes has communicating with Gmail servers. There have been documented issues between Gmail and Postbox, I haven't had to deal with it directly, but from what I understand the issue has been solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options out there for email clients. Postbox is a good, solid choice with a few bells and whistles, but most importantly, it works.

I'm more in control of my desktop inbox, and I'm able to sort and label email more efficiently. I can utilize my Gmail labels within Postbox, and the integration with Evernote is handy.

Learning about Postbox?

* We monitor all Postbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.