Postbox

3.9

Take control of your day with Postbox's super-customizable interface. Make your email work for you, just the way you need it to.

Work for Postbox?

Learning about Postbox?

Postbox Reviews

Ask Postbox a Question
Showing 13 Postbox reviews
Postbox review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Postbox is the best cross-platform email client application I have used."

What do you like best?

Postbox has steadily improved over the years and I feel it is the best email client in the market for an installed email application. Things I like:

* Handles an enormous amount of emails and searches them fast

* Easy to transfer between computers and backup/restore

* Supports multiple accounts including POP3 and SMTP

* Clean User Interface and great usability

* Highlighting rules to color message based on specific filters

* Auto-folder or delete messages based on a filter

* Quick reply within the body of the email

* Cross-platform - works great on Windows or Mac

* Autothreading

I initially tried it because my Outlook application was getting super slow and couldn't handle my email archive history. I gave Postbox a try and it had a nice import from Outlook function which made things seemless.

The support is good and they have been responsive anytime I have any issues.

What do you dislike?

Things that I think could be improved:

* There is no calendar feature

* No tasks feature

* It can occasionally get confused about SMTP cloud email and not allow an undo of a delete to work properly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postbox has a free trial and is very easy to connect to existing email accounts. It also has the ability to import email from other email clients.

Postbox allows me to consolidate multiple email accounts and organize, manage, and archive key emails locally as needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Postbox
Postbox review by Tessa W.
Tessa W.

"from Thunderbird to Postbox"

What do you like best?

I have recently (within a few months) switched email applications from Mozilla Thunderbird to Postbox.

Initially, i favoured Thunderbird for the customization of the appearance of the program, being able to customize the skin/colours, made it easier for me to quickly identify the various parts to the email program.

Having used Postbox solely for the last while, It is easy to see how much more intuitive and powerful Postbox is, compared to Thunderbird.

I use exclusively Apple products (iPhone, iMac desktop at work, MacBook at work, iPad, etc) and Postbox is the perfect fit. It learns your 'junk' settings and has so many more features to increase productivity.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have a little more customization in the appearance of PostBox - it's a minor 'dislike', and by no way will it influence my decision to continue using, but having more customization and 'add on' features would be much appreciated :)

EMAILS! Today, emails have become a stressful, anxiety inducing part of my job. Constantly inundated with emails, it is a full time job sifting through and prioritizing each email, and ensuring nothing is missed.

Postbox solves this by assigning priorities and creating lists, hidden from your 'inbox' view - but still there with a click of a mouse as to not be missed.

What Other Email solution do you use?

Postbox review by James R.
James R.

"Great Mail Replacement"

What do you like best?

Everything in Postbox just works, and it's way easier to set up. I have absolutely no issues separating my mail or setting up custom signatures.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Postbox has issues with Security Certificate Exemptions if the email domain isn't registered to the exact name it displays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through the documentation, and definitely use the trial version before paying for a license. The application is easy to set up, it's easy to use, and it runs pretty well with only a couple of small quirks. Overall, it's a huge improvement to the mail app world.

I have about 6 different email accounts that I use, and Postbox has done a great job in helping me keep them separate. I never have any problems with lost mail, and it makes conversation tracking way easier than in other email programs I've used over the years.

Postbox review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Dislike a lot..."

What do you like best?

Nothing. I hate this email client. But I have too many mails in the archive now and don't dare to switch to another client. I have big problems with their rude archiving function and cannot find back my mails all the time. I now use specific tags on the bottom of mails I sent so I can find them back!

What do you dislike?

Very difficult interface. I cannot archive mails in folder structure which is what I want unless in a very tedious timeconsuming way. Now I have toput all mail into the archive. And this archive has the worst Search function ever. If I type the name of a person I mailed with or even the exact email address, I do NOT GET all the emails. I get only the ones he sent me. But not the ones I sent him !!! I frequently have trouble finding mails back. Important mails.

I can send and receive mails. Thats it. Actually, it the function to send mails even stopped working, so I now send them online and can only receive with Postbox. Once received, I can only move them from Inbox to the one BIG ARCHIVE. Great!

Postbox review by User

"Since transitioning to a Mac, this has been the best mail provider I have used."

What do you like best?

It's extremely user-friendly and essential mimics Outlook, which I was accustomed to using on my PC. It keeps track of email threads, without doing it in a confusing way (such as how Gmail does it when using an internet browser).

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much I dislike. It was hard to find certain things, such as how to make emails "high-importance", but our IT team was able to help me out with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are switching from a PC, HIGHLY recommend using Postbox. Every other program will be confusing and will most likely slow down your computer.

It allows a user to transition from PC to Mac in a very efficient manner.

Postbox review by Shelle P.
Shelle P.

"Finally a decent email option for Mac"

What do you like best?

For those who have worked with enterprise level Outlook on a PC and have been unhappy with Mail on Mac, this is a great option. One has the ability to have multiple email accounts running, create folders, create folders that reside only on your Mac, have different signatures, etc.

What do you dislike?

When you use multiple email accounts and folders, it is not always easy to drag and drop email into a folder. However, you can right-click and move it anywhere, so not a huge problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is such an easy purchase and they continually update and make improvements.

Managing multiple email addresses, folders, signatures, and more.

Postbox review by Erin A. P.
Erin A. P.

"Beautiful Inbox Management - Excellent alternative to Apple Mail"

What do you like best?

I like the more robust functionality of Postbox as compared to Apple mail. I also find that Postbox fetches my mail much quicker than Apple mail, even if they are on the same fetching schedule.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the issues Postbox sometimes has communicating with Gmail servers. There have been documented issues between Gmail and Postbox, I haven't had to deal with it directly, but from what I understand the issue has been solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options out there for email clients. Postbox is a good, solid choice with a few bells and whistles, but most importantly, it works.

I'm more in control of my desktop inbox, and I'm able to sort and label email more efficiently. I can utilize my Gmail labels within Postbox, and the integration with Evernote is handy.

Postbox review by Tim G.
Tim G.

"The email client I actually enjoy using"

What do you like best?

It's full-featured without being bloated. I find it to be intuitive, speedy, and powerful enough for fairly heavy usage.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a better template system for stock responses, and the spam filtering sometimes catches too many legitimate emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any email system, decide on your filtering and filing system before you start to use it extensively.

I wanted a full-featured email client that is cross-platform (Mac & PC) and which did not hog my RAM. Postbox does all that and makes dealing with a lot of email easy.

Postbox review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Good normally but appalling at archiving "

What do you like best?

Good clear interface and easy set up. Easy to use on day to day basis.

What do you dislike?

Back up is non-existent and archiving is so poor it cleaned out my server without warning leaving me with a text file of incoming messages which is pretty useless as it also contains all the associated data needed for sending and receiving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm going back to Mail or Outlook - which has a new version

Organising email

Postbox review by Victor H.
Victor H.

"It's good"

What do you like best?

I use it everyday, the interface is good, it has a lot of options which I do not use but so far is a very decent email client for Mac.

What do you dislike?

It is an expensive license and slow sending emails.

My daily email delivery and receiving.

Postbox review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Love, Love, Love PostBox!!!"

What do you like best?

It keeps things simple and organized. Love the keyboard short cuts!! I like it better than outlook!

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes about PostBox. It's been an excellent tool!

Outlook doesn't work very well on a mac...I don't think anyway...PostBox is a savior!

Postbox review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Postbox is very stable handling multiple different email accounts"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage numerous email accounts on different settings with no delay in sync.

What do you dislike?

Picture manipulation within messages is still not as good as native Mac apps (eg. drag and drop from other apps) and also search is also not conclusive.

Managing multiple domain emails within one system and being able to create and file email better.

Postbox review by User in Design
User in Design

"Nice features but display issues with HTML email"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage several email accounts

What do you dislike?

HTML rendering is behind other email clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use but may have issues with displaying some HTML emails

Management of all email accounts

Learning about Postbox?

* We monitor all Postbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.