Postman

Postman is a software that helps developers and companies develope API workflow, it is efficient on Chrome to test, develop and document APIs and create complex requests, go back in time and view results in a beautiful way.

Work for Postman?

Learning about Postman?

Postman Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 103 Postman reviews
Postman review by Mohit C.
Mohit C.

"A lightweight tool for all your API needs"

What do you like best?

I have only good things to say about postman. It gives a super rich yet lightweight developer experience. We can create advance test frameworks and seamless team collaboration. It is stable and does exactly it has to do.

What do you dislike?

Though it very user friendly yet it requires a high degree of technical knowledge. A person without knowing much about APIs can not just go and check whether the API is working or not. They should be in a position to understand how GET, POST and various other methods work.

It is been a while since I last used postman. But we have used to test the JSON-REST based Web Services with this, it makes the process pretty amazing. And it made the whole RPA process a lot more easier to test our APIs. We have also written custom Java codes which would be interacting with different systems using JSON payload and postman made it quite easy to analyse those huge JSON objects with ease.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Postman
Postman review by Garett D.
Garett D.

"Makes API work much easier"

What do you like best?

Postman makes a lot of the nitty-gritty work out of API creation/testing much easier. Being able to save requests and parameters aids a lot in iterating over different calls or creating different versions of an API. Sharing calls among teammates is super helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

The UI could use a little work and doesn't seem to have been updated in a while. It's a little hard to figure out where everything is when you first start using it. There are several levels of nesting requests and projects, and tabs on multiple sides that makes it easy to lose what you were working on

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's probably not the slickest or easiest to use tool, but it's a huge improvement over issuing curl commands for testing. And it's cheap

Postman makes it much easier to test out API calls and keep track of the work you're doing. Lets you focus on the logic of the calls and the structure of them, rather than having to remember labyrinthine curl commands

What API Management solution do you use?

Postman review by Guillaume H.
Guillaume H.

"usefull even for non tech guy like myself"

What do you like best?

I like the interface very much even if not clear at the first sight for a "noob" in IT like I am ;-)

Set up multiple environment is really usefull, as well as is the option to save them

All API call are listed the right way.

Clicking on a collection web link and opening the client right away with the good setup is very nice and very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Download time to open the client is quite long (windows 10)

Setup of API to test is quite complicated for beginner non technical like I am, and require from a developper.

UI good but could be improved.

WYSIWYG could be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

for testing purpose, can be good

I use it mainly for functional review and testing and this is quite usefull and convenient to do testing by myself without asking a developper (or at least, ask less to them)

Postman review by Luca D.
Luca D.

"A great API management software"

What do you like best?

Postman is a complete software, it handles every kind of HTTP requests, it support cookies, and is very organized. You can divide your APIs in folders (projects), and you can also set environment variables, so that you can easily switch to testing/development environments. You can also visualize the response in different syntaxes (HTML, XML, JSON etc).

What do you dislike?

I still have to try each feature, since I focused on registering each API, but as of now, I found Postman to be very complete and functional. I've had no issues or crashes while using the software, it is always very stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has many features and the documentation publishing is very well done

We needed to store the APIs for a new project, to keep track of them and test our app functionalities and response. We also had to publish a documentation for our programmers.

Postman review by Rakesh K.
Rakesh K.

"Great API Tool, always improving"

What do you like best?

This is an important spanner in the startup developer toolkit. They have added a lot of functionality over the last 3 years since we started using it and Postman proved useful enough that it was the first dev tool we paid for - and we were stingy back then.

The ability to create collections, put in multiple example requests+responses for each API and share them with the team is now a core part of our dev workflow.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be dramatically better. The ability to share environments, templates, collections is confusing - it can be done from a few different places and the user interface isn't really conducive to building muscle memory of where to access which functionality.

Anytime I need to touch anything sharing/un-sharing related, I know I am going to click in a few different places before I get to what I really want to do.

The Collections cannot be ordered in the sidebar based on user's needs - and only supports automatic alpha sorting. Staring/unstaring collections also mysteriously reorders the collections. So good luck organizing them.

As a startup, communicating APIs through documentation - code or otherwise - is expensive and error prone - and frankly we don't have the time for it at the pace at which we move. It is much more preferable to have the API developers test using Postman and then progress those tests- and the variations of those tests into collections of API calls that serve as documentation of those service end points.

Postman has the ability to save snapshots of API calls for a given call - which serves the client developers well in that they are able to see the various ways to call the API, the error codes supported etc. Also since these collections can be published, it is great as API documentation.

Postman review by Danut Mihai F.
Danut Mihai F.

"My experience of Postman"

What do you like best?

Postman is a must robust tool for web developers. It gives them easy way to test api calls or basically any HTTP request. Postman, provides natives apps for every operating system, for free. The advanced import feature, the saving requests ability, along with the cloud sync feature make Postman one of a kind. For more advanced users, Postman offers subscription bases collaboration.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of something i dislike. Maybe the fact that the UI can be a little overwhelming at first can be counted as a flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an app to help you make HTTP requests you should try Postman, because it's free and it works great. It has every tool you need, whether you need simple or advanced requests.

When building an api or a client, it's important to be able to test and store every request. Postman makes this process easy, by providing us the tools we need to debug and generate code.

Postman review by prasad d.
prasad d.

"Best API Testing Tool"

What do you like best?

This is the tool which is used for testers and developers also. It has a very friendly GUI which makes us easy to construct requests and to read the responses. We can select the different HTTP methods we want such as GET,Post and Put methods easily. We can document API's faster in this tool. It also offers some add-on packages which are called jetpacks.

What do you dislike?

There are no major problems with the postman. It would be better if the UI is made little more simpler. This tool can be installed only on chrome. If you need to install the postman, firstly you have to install the google chrome, because it is available as a chrome extension for the Windows, Mac and Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is the best tool when it comes to the testing API's. I would strongly recommend to my colleagues to use this tool. It works with the JSON data very well. Creating the API's is not an easy task, but this tool made this process easier. It is free of cost, can be installed easily. It can be used for the Automation testing, but it can helps for automation, such as debugging. It can be added as the chrome plugin.

The best feature of this tool is it automatically saves the API calls which we have used in the past, which saves a lot of time when we are testing the API's. It is easy to create the request, the responses we received can be viewed in raw form or pretty forms.

Postman review by soma s.
soma s.

"Best API Tool"

What do you like best?

It makes easy for the developers to create,test and document API's. It allows us to create and save simple, complex HTTP's requests, this made us easy which results in more efficient result with less work. The best thing with this tool is, we can easily execute the API's. This tool comes with a friendly GUI for constructing requests and reading responses.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this from past two years, I don't find any major problems with this tool. It would become if the UI of this tool is a little easy. And also some times when I am using this, posts a url and executes it , the execution becomes slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When it comes to executing the API's I would say this is the best API tool to interact with the API's. It makes us easy to construct a request and send. It also offers some packages which includes automation tools, Javascript testing library. It is simple for anyone to start with this tool, we can go to the chrome browser's app page and after selecting the post logo, we can use it. Hence, I would like to recommend strongly to my colleagues for using this tool, which is the best for developers as well as the testers.

The best option which I like in this tool is, when it comes to the executing the API's, once we have entered and saved them, we can simply use them over and over again, we need not to remember the exact endpoints,API key and headers. It is also easy to enter the URL and to select the GET and POST methods

Postman review by Ross A. B.
Ross A. B.

"Fantastic API Testing environment"

What do you like best?

Postman's design is very intuitive and impressively supportive: cookies, custom headers, diverse POST data methods.

Lets you set defaults by environment, capable of auto creating documentation, able to simulate a mock server, and even capable of performing automated tests.

What do you dislike?

Sub folder architecture is less robust than the root folders; for example, we can only auto-create API documentation for everything in a root folder, not just for one sub-folder in a root folder.

Unable to send multiple TYPES of POST data. For example, I can't send a file as form-data AND JSON key:values as url-encoded.

The default key:value input for "x-www-form-urlencoded" doesn't support nested JSON/key:values

Postman allows us to quickly and efficiently test our API responses speeding up sanity checks, response, and error handling.

It may not be a substitute for unit testing, but highly effective at testing quick calls, suites, or production issues without much overhead.

Postman review by Gautham Rajkumar M.
Gautham Rajkumar M.

"Best API development tool for beginners "

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use. You dont have to struggle to install or use it. Easy to save and reuse the development you have done. Have been using this for the past 3 months and for a beginner it has provided what he would need.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to create multiple user accounts and switch between them. Sometime it becomes a pain. It would be good to open the tabs/windows that were opened last time when the app was closed. If you have a large set of tabs opened, it becomes difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering the chrome extension to test/develop APIs, it was becoming increasingly difficult in terms of ease of use. Postman solves this. Easy to use and also best one for beginners.

Easy to use is the first thing that comes to mind. When i used to use RestAPI extension in chrome it was not easy to read/write APIs. this one is very good.

Postman review by Osman Fikret C.
Osman Fikret C.

"Fast & Reliable"

What do you like best?

Postman is a boilerplate app for me. I assume that a large amount of Front-end Developers will enjoy to use it. The best specialty of the app is to make ajax request straightforward. If you want to use an API you can just enter the request type and parameters on the app then it will return the fields immediately.

What do you dislike?

I didn't see any unpleasant behavior of the app. I can easily use it to claim what I need from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Front-end developer, I feel happy when I suggest Postman to my friends.

As a Front-end Developer, I need to see returning values of an API to make the structure of the website or the webpage. Before starting one of these projects I use Postman to see what I have on the hand.

Postman review by John "JJ" O.
John "JJ" O.

"Can't believe it's free!"

What do you like best?

Postman is amazing! It simplifies API development by consolidating all my API calls into one location. Additionally, using Postman Pro allows me to share my work with the rest of the my team. The variables allow me to quickly swap out my API parameters quickly and efficiently. The API testing feature allows me to create unit tests for each of my company's API calls. Last, the interface is friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The API testing framework needs to be expanded a bit. Right now, I can test one API call at a time with their testing feature. It would be nice to be able to create tests that would allow me to incorporate the results of other API calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman is the best API development tool I've encountered. I doubt you will find one better.

At my company, we use Postman to develop our customer-facing API, as well as our internal API. We subscribe to the Postman Pro service, as well, which allows us to share our API library across the company.

Postman review by Itai B.
Itai B.

"Postman makes it easy to test REST APIs"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to just test a REST API. It provides everything that is necessary for that, including URL construction, JSON sending and parsing, etc.

What do you dislike?

They now have that feature of signing in, which is nice, on one hand, but usually I just want to test a specific API during a development process, so it's just another click I need to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best tool I encountered for REST API testing so far, and it seems to be a Standard-De-Facto.

Postmane makes it easy to understand how a REST API works, shows the actual results (HTTP status codes, explanations, things like that) and keeps history of all requests so you can play with the current request, and if it didn't work - just go back to the last one that did.

Postman review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"Postman is so useful and features full of a free product!"

What do you like best?

Postman is so useful and features full of a free product! I almost want to pay for it just to contribute. Saving a collection of server requests for future use is nice. Love the environment variables. The automated test is pretty awesome! There is a neat feature that I use pretty often is to generate code from a particular request and you can choose the language.

What do you dislike?

Environment variable autocompletes would be pretty nice. I find myself needing to "edit" the variables to view the name I gave something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free product so give it a try. Really nice and i think you'll agree.

Web developers should really have this in there top tools. A huge amount of time saved with requests templates i can quickly go in an tweak to do server testing.

Postman review by Bablu J.
Bablu J.

"Best Api Test Client"

What do you like best?

Apart from basic stuff that postman does, I really like the collections and sharing feature.

You can even create your scripts and execute them using the runner feature.

I has all that you need to work in a collaborative development environment: support for envs, templates, Team collections etc

What do you dislike?

While its so good, the user interface could be little more intuitive. Also, since they already have collections, it would be cool to provide an abstraction to save and see api documentation like positive case response so that developer can easily check responses and validate, more like in an api documentation. All of this will be mostly a feature request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore it completely, it has features which go unnoticed most of the times. For e.g. we did not know about the Test scripts that we could write for months.

Its a really useful tool for team collaboration and iterative development.

We use it majorly for api testing, storing a handy collection of suites to work as a mini regression on the api.

Every developer is shared a team collection for most of the common api's to help him test new features.

API Documentation partially.

Postman review by Marco M.
Marco M.

"A great endpoint API manager"

What do you like best?

Postman is a great API manager, it allows you to test your API calls and publish a documentation for other to use your endpoint calls. It has many helpful features, the one I like most is variables. You can create environments presets, composed of variables, that you can use anywhere in your APIs. In the URL, header parameters, request body etc. They are very useful, and allow you to quickly switch between testing and production environment.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not always clear (e.g. I use two columns layout and sometimes texts are chopped off). Also if you click and drag on the header parameters to select text, it will select the parameters instead, causing some problems the first time I tried to edit them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman is a great software for API test and management. It is fast and reliable, with lots of features to test your API in every scenario case (different options, content language etc)

Postman helped us creating and publishing our APIs, we were looking for a product that could help us doing so, and Postman had all the features we were looking for

Postman review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"Intuitive and powerful tool for API development and use."

What do you like best?

Easy to save custom collections, and share between team members. You can use shared workspaces, or export as JSON, and import.

The JSON export format is easy to understand and documented. I was able to have my code auto-generate a postman collection to share with testers and development teams.

Supports saved environments and templates request strings, parameters, and headers. This makes it really easy to jump between different environments when testing the same API in QA or Prod.

What do you dislike?

It is VERY slow to process payloads over a few MB in size. A response of any size over 5 MB makes the response section chug. Downloading large files is also slow. Luckily there is a feature to turn your saved request into a cURL command which I just run from the terminal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is awesome as it is. The shared workspaces are really nice when working with a team, but you'll need the Pro version. Worth it in my opinion.

Documentation and low level UI for our REST APIs.

Postman review by santosh d.
santosh d.

"Build API's Faster"

What do you like best?

Postman is GUI Platform which helps to develop and Test API'S easier and Faster. Basically any HTTP request cab be easily tested by this tool. Native apps for all operating systems are available at zero cost. Helps to manually test a API by hitting it . chrome plugin is also useful to access instantly. we can select HTTP methods such as Get, Post, or Put. Save options are very useful to re use the API Calls and requests.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about the tool. i think the fields or the input we enter can be more improved to correct the format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

strongly recommend to API developers and testers.

Best Testing Tool to test API'S manually and the best part is it can also be automated. Import are export options are very help full to easily share our work. As i am working with other employees on the same project this tool helps to share my input fields which eventually reduce the man hours.

Postman review by Muhammad Soban A.
Muhammad Soban A.

"Great tool to test API's"

What do you like best?

It's layout is best one, and now I can saw all my requests into separate folders according to my projects.

and easily find them. and all this synced to my account so, I can access them anywhere I want

What do you dislike?

Main thing I dislike is that when saving my request I have to navigate through all the folders, there should be option like by default it should show recent used folder for me to easy save next request.

and other thing is duplicate, when I duplicate a tab and make changes when I save it, it saved to both tabs, it should become new one instead of saving to existing one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all who worked with API's. it is great tool for developers and testers

I mostly work with APi's for mobile applications so for that I need a way to test it before providing access to mobile application developers.

Postman review by Sean W.
Sean W.

"Simple to use, powerful tool"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use and quick to get used to. There are many options, and if you have any knowledge about how REST APIs work you can quickly understand all of the functions it offers.

What do you dislike?

The functionality to save and recall settings/API calls is REALLY not intuitive. The function exists, but as far as I can tell, you can only do it as a "library" or "collection". Also, when the program updates, sometimes the API settings you have been using will all be lost.

This tool helps us immensely when trying to use third party REST APIs. We are able to quickly test connectivity, validate responses, and figure out implementation details.

Postman review by ankit k.
ankit k.

"Its an app to test the REST"

What do you like best?

It is just a plugin to do the job hence I like it the most.

Its not a heavy software that is installed on your machine.

The plugin is just 23 Mega Bytes and the its worth the size and everyone who wants to work with web services should work with this software , it is one of the best plugin that is available in the market as of now.

What do you dislike?

nothing about this i dislike, unless i would say other apps should be like this.

Any one can not dislike this , Its awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would definetly recommend to all the users who are using SOAP UI for testing the REST web services.

Just give a try to postman , You won't go back to SOAP UI

We need to test our web services with this application.

And mostly rest web services only.

And it is just perfect in testing REST services.

Postman review by Yogesh C.
Yogesh C.

"Postman review for API."

What do you like best?

This tool is best to test API its look and feel is also great. I like the user interface of postman and this is light weighted . Overall user experience is very nice . First time user can use this product without any guidance. It can add another feature to add JSON validation on body of POST and PUT request.

What do you dislike?

When we are testing API which are on HTTPS it gives error insted of giving error i expect POSTMAN to give a popup about SSL issue and give me option to go ahead as non recommended option the way it happens in internet explore and chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working on API based development then postman is the first thing you need to download to test your API.

We are connecting different system and exposing API on top of these system. We need to test our API and postman solve the problem of testing API with ease.

Postman review by Luca G.
Luca G.

"Great Curl replacement"

What do you like best?

Killer Features:

- Code Parametrization for endpoints. This is great to change variables in one place only.

- Export and import easily to share with coworkers.

- Cloud syncing.

- Organization into Collections.

What do you dislike?

- ShortKeys are not great. (ie to shoot a request).

- UI when saving is not very clear, I lost data more than once.

- Would be nice to have ssh and port forwarding integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check out the parametrization and global variables.

I've completely replaced curl. I've got a database of all network calls I care about. I can connect quickly to services.

Great to organize and store curls.

Postman review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cannot live without Postman for my work!"

What do you like best?

#1 it is free.

#2 I love the fact that I can test pretty much any API in almost any configuration and get an immediate and correct response.

#3 I can create test payloads with ease and clone/copy my tests into folders for easy sorting and organization

#4 I can send payloads in any format needed (form posts, gets, raw text, json, etc). I can literally recreate any submission type I need.

#5 Once I have the payload sorted out, I can export into any processing format I may need: AJAX/JS, C#, Node/JS, etc.

#5 I can retrieve payload responses and then export those into any format I may need: JSON, XML, plain text, etc.

What do you dislike?

Believe it or not the biggest issue I have is actually just creating a new "test" inside a Collection. The UI is terrible in that regard. I usually end up duplicating from another collection, sort of blank it out , and then start from there. Maybe I'm not doing something right here but the UI is not clear for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know if it is possible but can you make it an option to share or forward an individual test to another user? I see you can export entire Collections but sometimes I don't need quite that much. This would be really nice to have as I work with other developers where I have to export or take screenshots of the tests I'm building local.

Being able to quickly test and debug third-party vendor APIs. This has two benefits 1.) we can hold third-party vendors accountable and immediately put them to work fixing any issues in their services 2.) we can quickly pass payloads of any shape or size to quickly get metrics on the APIs we are testing

Postman review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"A must have for anybody working with APIs/Integrations"

What do you like best?

Whether you are learning how to use APIs for the first time or you are a seasoned consultant/Support Engineer who needs to go deep into somebody's code to troubleshoot an issue, Postman is an incredible tool. The UI is so simple. There's also a desktop and browser-based version! I was rather new to working with APIs after having graduated from a coding boot camp in Silicon Valley but this software helped me understand and test APIs quickly. It is a must-have if you are a Support Engineer trying to resolve customer issues that involve API inputs and outputs.

What do you dislike?

Not much. APIs are can be a tricky subject for beginners but Postman made it much easier for me to grasp.

Quick diagnosis of API/integration issues. Checking the flow of data is working as expected

Postman review by Raphael H.
Raphael H.

"Postman - A powerful application for API testing."

What do you like best?

Easy to create requests, you can generate code snippets for others programming languages and it has a free option.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be overwhelming in the beginning, how Postman handles certificates could be improved, and the import feature can be clunky sometimes, but these things don't make Postman unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since Postman has a free version, you'll not lose anything trying the program. My recommendations would be researching about the tools available, read articles, tutorials, and watch videos.

I use Postman as an auxiliary tool for creation of automation scripts on Python, and to test API.

Postman review by Sandy G.
Sandy G.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

Easy to make most any type of web request, great for testing web API's. Saves all version of your test for later recall.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a pain dealing with all the lots of the saved tests, sometimes obviousness of the UI is missing in a few places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure of any other good cross platform tool that does what Postman does. Great for testing web API and simulating form based submissions, json stuff is good too if you are using GraphQL like endpoints as well.

Testing web API's

Postman review by Nick D.
Nick D.

"Essential API Development Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to create multiple environments and utilize variables within those environments that you can use to specify things like URLs or authorization tokens. This makes is easy to test you APIs across all the environments, without having to create separate collections for each. I also love the runner, which goes hand in hand with the ability to create tests and quickly regression test changes to your API.

I haven't used it yet, but the generate code feature is awesome as well, and will save a ton of time in the future.

What do you dislike?

This is a minor niggle, and probably just a symptom of it being a chrome addin and not a complete application, but if you make a change to one of your connections and then close the window without saving, it doesn't ask you to save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn about the environments and environment variables ahead of time, so that you don't have to re-write your connections later.

It allowed me to quickly respond to issues with my API across all of my environments, and quickly regression test changes that I made throughout the development process.

Postman review by Siva G.
Siva G.

"Best client tool for testing/sharing APIs"

What do you like best?

Requesting, saving all API and categorising them based on the server. It also has sync and share feature so that other members in the team can import latest API updates.

What do you dislike?

Although there is nothing wrong with it, once in a while, it fails to sync. This is a bug and should be resolved in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have been using it for more than 2 years and has recommended to many friends to streamline API testing.

Use this tool. It's a complete app and works with multiple projects and can be used for different environment such as local/staging/live on the same project.

There are new features and native app for windows is on its way.

Testing application API that works with mobile apps. It is used by all the members of our Tech team. A streamline application that has all the necessary feature. New members can easily learn to use this product with 10-15 mins of introduction about the software..

Postman review by User

"Useful tool for testing API calls"

What do you like best?

Postman is a really easy tool for rapid testing API calls. I really like its simplicity and the fact that it can be quickly set up. Also the possibility to have a library with useful HTTP requestsand a battery of tests.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you can not save multiple login credentials.

I would also improve the GUI so that the different parts (request/response) of the requests are more easily distinguishable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with web APIs, either if you are just a user or a developer, Postman is a must have!

Database configuration through web API. Postman really males my life easier! Whenever I have to make changes to a database, for example delete data, update resource, etc, this tool allows easy and flexible testing.

Postman review by Jeroen G.
Jeroen G.

"The right (Post)man in the middle"

What do you like best?

Portman can handle almost any REST api/webservice or SOAP request I code myself or thirdparty REST api, webservice, webapi or SOAP services I have to implement. With the builtin repository functions it keeps all my test organised. It is also possible te import and export existing libraries.

What do you dislike?

Postman can also be used to test SOAP services, but not as easy as REST services. This is something to improve for Postman.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have several project with REST api’s you want to test Postman is your Swiss army knife.

I create test suites for all my REST api’s using Postman. Using the builtin repository I keep them organised by project. You can even share your repository with your customers if needed.

Postman review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Very good REST Api client for developers. Easy to use interface. Fast, secure and easy to use."

What do you like best?

Must have if you are developing web applications. It's free, a lot of documentation is available. Most widely used REST api client. Feature packed and uses native HTTP protocols. It integrates very well with google chrome and a lot of youtube videos are available to learn its usage. Most HTTP methods are covered and support the latest version of http as well

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Its open source software with easy to use, self-explanatory UI so cannot complain much. It's an industry standard software. It's a no-brainer.

The native app does not live up to the chrome extension standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate SOAP UI and Kerberos support. fully-fledged android and windows app.

API testing. Automation, security penetration testing. Development of web apps.

Postman review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Postman Made My Life Easy"

What do you like best?

The best part of Postman is you can make request in all the forms like JSON, Form-Data, Form-Url-Encoded using this tool, and we get the data in JSON or XML format. I would believe that for a backend developer this the best tool to test the API's.

What do you dislike?

When there is a big array of data, If there was a place to make it short and and understand how many objects are there in the array. To check the issues with the JSON response data this is little difficult. I use a online tool http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to verify the JSON. If this tool would have been integrated with the POSTMAN, then it would have awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would definitely would love to recommend Postman to others, In fact even now I recommend it to my friends, colleagues.

I am nodeJS developer so I use this only for API development.

I also use this tool to test the performance of the API (Response Time)

I also use this tool to check third party API's, When we have to integrate with our Application.

Postman review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Postman - great tool for exploring RESTful API"

What do you like best?

It is one of the best tools for API testing . Postman makes it easy to test, develop and document APIs, It has a very good interface. The request screen and response screen are well detailed and use can send all type of HTTP requests with authorisations,headers etc. You can save requests which are related to a particular project as collection and even share it with your co-developers. Postman keeps a history of your HTTP requests which comes in very handy.It’s free and available as both chrome packaged app and as an extension and works on all OS that runs Chrome.It is very fast and moreover you can create environments for development,testing etc.

What do you dislike?

You cannot make socket calls from postman which I think maybe considered as a lacking feature. Many features are not available for free.There are some issues with postman extension on chrome but apart from that it is a very good tool to use .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman has been a very useful tool and has made working with REST APIs very easy. It has many useful features such as collections, history of requests. It allows you to make all type of HTTP request which all type of request bodies, authentications etc.

I have been using postman to manage my REST APIs . It has made testing and verifying APIs very easy and helps a lot in debugging too(i.e when there may be a problem with the request you are sending or response, status code etc.) Ability to make and share collections and recorded history of requests made are of immense help.

Postman review by Borja Roberto F.
Borja Roberto F.

"Perfect tools for testing API"

What do you like best?

- The interface is so friendly.

- You can test API calls or any HTTP request with it.

- Is multiplatform.

- Allow you to document your API in an easy way

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a little bit complicated. The learning curve is a little bit complicated. It's a powerful app but if you want to 100% understand it, need to spend so much time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended to anybody who wants to test API environment

The ability to test API REST whatever method you want (GET, POST, DELETE,...). Without this tool the way in which we test our API would be very complicated.

Postman review by Md Mehrab A.
Md Mehrab A.

"API Testing tool one of its kind"

What do you like best?

Best things in postman

1. Sign up/in feature available for saving the test data

2. Can add certificate for testing https apis

3. Collection (group multiple requests together)

4. Sharing feature

5. History of previous requests

6. Interactive user interface(UI)

and much more....

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike apart from it hangs sometimes if a very long response is present for some api

Previously Android or iOS developer used to blame server APIs for incorrect responses. But now all API are tested throughly before integration. It reduced final development time as testing was done in parallel.

Postman review by Đức Trí T.
Đức Trí T.

"Efficient tool for testing RESfulT APIs"

What do you like best?

It has a history of APIs, which is handful for reusing them

APIs have all types of methods: GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, HEAD, OPTIONS, etc.

Outputs can be displayed in raw or beautified formats

Easy to use, simple but efficient user interface

Can share APIs among team members

Can document APIs

What do you dislike?

It has to be opened with Chrome

Writing complicated APIs is still confusing and not efficiently supported

I have nothing else to complain

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Chrome and want to test APIs, Postman is for you!

Problems: testing APIs for web and mobile applications

Benefits: easy to use, lightweight, supporting all types of APIs

Postman review by User in Computer Software

"Awesome REST API client in town"

What do you like best?

As a developer,I check apis constantly. Be it an API without any authentication or an API with oauth authentication,I can use postman effectively to test the API. One feature,I like the best is saving the apis together in one collection.Another feature ,I like is sharing the collection with other developers .The best feature is the history tab. Even if I forget to save,the history tab comes to rescue.I also like the option of highlighting collections.

What do you dislike?

There were times when certain apis we're showing response for certain developers.BUt the same API didn't work for other developers.

Also,it's hard to import certificates in terms postman standalone app.

Creating mobile apps.I use postman to verify system apis

Postman review by Kyle J.
Kyle J.

"Postman API Testing Application"

What do you like best?

How easily I can test API Applications by setting up my requests and parameters even with complex API authentication. This allowed me to test endpoints of API applications from third parties so that I understood what to program on my end. The free version is usually everything you will need too.

What do you dislike?

For thing like generating an access token for an api and then applying the token to a request I had to split into multiple request and Postman as far as I could tell doesn't make this process easy. Also, I moved to using Swagger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman free version is all you really need.

Testing API Application either that be mine or a third party.

Postman review by User in Internet

"Excellent Tool for Testing Implementations"

What do you like best?

The Flexibility of calls, being able to insert any type of data, header etc. It's an amazing tool for checking out the structure of your work before actually getting started

What do you dislike?

The large scale in features makes the UI a little overwhelming and switching between calls takes away all the data you input. It would be nice if you could import stuff

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's nothing to really consider, it's a free app and easy to use. I would only recommend researching any potential security concerns that could exist

When I'm trying to scope out a new project and the feasibility of using a certain language or system, Postman helps me understand the scale of the

Postman review by Antonello P.
Antonello P.

"The best REST API automation tool"

What do you like best?

I like Postman, it give me the ability to perform REST calls and record them and replay any time I need.

Is my "lifeboat" tool in my professional wild world.

It's cross platform and I can use it in any PC I use. Great piece of software.

What do you dislike?

It's a perfect tool. I can't imagine any reason to dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman it's a wonderful client app, give it a try

I do web apps (AngularJS and so on) and I need a tool to check REST API health.

Usually my server side counterparts broke their API every day. So, I save a full workflow in Postman and replay it to check if the API implementation is in sync with the docs.

Postman review by Miguel C.
Miguel C.

"a great help when you need to test process based on requests"

What do you like best?

the ability to save the used requests as collections so i can reuse and save time , the history panel is really usefull too when testing

What do you dislike?

it is hard to say because i love this tool but i think they can add some tooltips so when you start with the tool you can learn faster how to use all the options

Recommendations to others considering the product

use collections , is my favorite part

testing mainly, we develop a lot of process-based /started by web requests so all the team can design requests to handle the unit test and share with others to reuse and save time in testing and knowledge transfer

Postman review by Paritosh G.
Paritosh G.

"Extremely Developer Friendly"

What do you like best?

This is by far the easiest tool to create and test your APIs

What do you dislike?

The ability to share an individual API with a friend. As of now we have to share the complete collection (folder) of APIs thus causing issues a lot of time.

All the APIs for the app/website are built and tested using Postman. Running cron jobs is also very easy using Postman Monitor.

Postman review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"Get's the work done"

What do you like best?

The best I like about Postman are,

- Simple to use interface

- Postman Collections that can be exported or imported which makes it very easy to share your API

- I like sync but don't use it as much

- Postman environment variables is really nice especially when sharing your collections with others

- Request history has many times helped me in debugging current request

- Response preview feature is really nice

What do you dislike?

The things I dislike about Postman are,

- Postman app performance is slow since it's a packaged webapp and native apps tend be faster

- Cluttered UI which makes it hard to look for what you need

- Updates take a really long time since they download the complete new version everytime we want to update

- Postman data format is inconsistent and has breaking changes with versions

- Response truncating is a nice to have

I use Postman to build read-only APIs for my data portal and Postman was able to help me in quickly testing if everything is working as expected. Postman has done a good job in getting my work done.

Postman review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Powerful GET POST Method checker"

What do you like best?

Easy using for user. Show out the result for GET and POST result in some URL request.

Remember each time user record if we wants.

What do you dislike?

Since i only use few function with this software. May be it can be a software let user download.

Not only support Chrome with extend tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A powerful tools let user check form submit in GET and POST method.

Remember the URL request like website tag.

Easy use and clear result show.

With HTML form to submit some data to URL link. Easy change method with GET and POST. And it also support or method although it is useless with me.

Postman review by User in Computer Software

"Postman for testing endpoints"

What do you like best?

The ability to create "collections" of requests allow me to easily keep different projects and development tests separate from one another. You can also export these collections so they are easy to share with other users.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the UI are a little odd at first but you soon get used to them with frequent use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick way to test multiple web requests, with the ability to save those tests in collections for later use then Postman is a great choice.

When developing connections to external APIs I am able to very quickly and easily generate and test a whole range of requests before implementing them into a fully fledged solution.

Postman review by Moch. Faisal R.
Moch. Faisal R.

"great tools for testing API"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, no bug, great performance, can save url that we tested. It comes in google chrome application, I install in google chrome so automatically install postman when I use google chrome with my account on every computer that I use.

What do you dislike?

I think saved url name can be just display url name itself instead we have to named it and change it if url changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use postman to tested your Web API, it comes with great features to ease you testing response from Web API.

Testing and debugging Web API for Android and iOS Application.

Postman review by Víctor B.
Víctor B.

"Absolute WebServices control"

What do you like best?

The possibility to create collections and environment variables so it is not needed to change all the time the connectivity parameters working with different environments. Easy to introduce headers and body in different formats depending on your needs and input data.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit complicated when you try to use the tests functionality and other non-basic features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use all the functionalities of the application since the potential is really high. Get some time to know what can you do with it, it will be well invested time.

Testing the REST WebServices I need to use before implementing them on my application.

Postman review by User in Information Technology and Services

"REST Client for Chrome Browser"

What do you like best?

One can create new requests easily(you can check buttons for everything like authentication, get, push, add aparms etc), can maintain the history of requests, can import collections easily. One can build, test and validate APIs fast.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I disliked about postman. After facing so many issues in testing REST APIs, Postman saved our day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is quite easy to use for building and testing REST APIs. Comes as plugin with Chrome browser.

We are using postman to GET test data from REST APIs of Success Factor. Simply selecting the GET/POST along with url and credentials will returns requested records within a few seconds depending on size of response. One can store/save the url to be used in future instead of wasting time in forming the same request again and again. Also, one can import/export collections easily.

Postman review by Sung Min K.
Sung Min K.

"Postman for all your GET, POST, DELETE needs and more!"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to use UI, direct and to the point, making GET or POST requests has never been easier, very intuitive headers and body to input data as corresponds to API and done!

What do you dislike?

Love everything about it! I use this tool almost daily to try out new requests or check why a request isn't working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

API connection requests (GET, POST, DELETE, etc)

Postman review by Darshan Z.
Darshan Z.

"Best Tool to Build, Test and document the APIs"

What do you like best?

I like the easy and comfortable tool used for building, testing of Application Programme Interfaces i.e API's.

It is also very easy to install and use. Just install the chrome extension then you are ready to use this application. I like the simplicity and GUI of the postman app.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing like to dislike this application as it is very easy to use and also a freeware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman helps you be extremely efficient while working with APIs.

Postman helps you build, test, and document APIs faster.

This application helps us when we have work with APIs.

It's extremely efficient and easy to understand app. Using this we can construct the requests and save them for later use.

Postman review by Jacob Q.
Jacob Q.

"API tester"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive, most functionality is very well designed

What do you dislike?

The usability of cookies; if they're included in requests or not, is all pretty unclear and confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be thorough in going through the features to make sure it has everything you need.

We regularly test our internal APIs using postman. very handy tool to quickly execute arbitrary http requests.

Postman review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Postman Review"

What do you like best?

One of the best REST and SOAP testing and tool available in market.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in POSTMAN. But thought I would like to make it some light weighted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have always recommend POSTMAN to many of my friends who are developer. because of its ease of use and making collection of modules REST and SOAP work it make the management of task easy and proper.

Even we can share the same collections with colleagues.

I am using this software on daily basis for REST and SOAP webservices testing purpose.

Postman review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Simple and fast "

What do you like best?

Easy installation ,light weighted and perfect user friendly interface. It covers all the testing aspects of api testing. i came to this product after using SOAP UI like bulky tools and i am happy i found this super fast tool. testing from machine to machine without doing much manual work is easy if create a account with it.

it will store all your history data and URLs.

What do you dislike?

On windows , it is only available as chrome extension. There should be independent package for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

bring one chrome independent version for windows.

I am using it for restful webservices testing.

Benefits are , it is easy to use , you can easily format request and response data. Creating http header param, query param etc we can directly add through GUI.

Postman review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Great and light product"

What do you like best?

Essential software to test all your development tools. What I like the most is how easy it is to use this software.

What do you dislike?

Dislike ? I can only say good things about this software, sorry

with postman, we can quickly test all of our development features in a second. Really helpful for debugging and see results.

Postman review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Great tool to test API"

What do you like best?

Great Interface to test and arrange your API's The API's can be categorized as needed. Its ability to export and import API's is the best. When working with teams, it makes it much easier to co-ordinate the effort.

What do you dislike?

Time to load initially. If its possible to load the page much faster it would be better. Apart from this, do not see any shortcomings so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to test API's and arrange them.

Test API and make sure they work as expected.

Postman review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Great for basic Rest API testing"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to save request sessions to to test API's and keep track of what you've done with services so far. It's easier to use than Fiddler.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome extension adds headers automatically, unlike Fiddler. This may make you wonder why the API call is returning 200OK instead of a 4xx response, since you didn't add the content header explicitly in the request. Also, there's no way to see that the header was added, I figured it out by comparing against Fiddler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since Chrome applications will be deprecated in 2017, please give Windows and Mac users standalone apps too. The product is wonderful and I would hate to lose it!

REST API testing. It's super easy to keep track of your tests and also demo API usage to customers.

Postman review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Best tool for sending HTTP requests"

What do you like best?

I like how you can organize calls into collections and use prerequest scripts and tests (post-request scripts, essentially) to parameterize data to make sequential calls simpler. i.e. an authentication call, take the token response and save it as {{token}} for subsequent calls.

What do you dislike?

the tabbed structure makes saving changes and properties around different calls in your collection a little bit confusing at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. For sure. it's the best tool there is for mocking HTTP requests.

we have many API's and we use postman to test against them

Postman review by Han-Tsung L.
Han-Tsung L.

"Postman for Request Delivery"

What do you like best?

Postman is a perfect tool for sending a GET or POST request to a server side for testing API response.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to setup when running Postman behind a corporate proxy. Takes a few trial runs before configuration is correct

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman is a recommended tool for quickly test our your seriverside functional API before deploying the product to a live support.

Using Postman to test our team's server-side functional implementation to validate the correctness before deployment.

Postman review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Perfect solution to test and document APIs"

What do you like best?

I had been using Postman since it's first public release. Before Postman, I don't know if there was any solution like this which makes API testing and sharing APIs so much easy. Best thing is that it works, easy to use, sharing through Export/import features is super easy.

What do you dislike?

As Postman desktop app is not open sourced, I'm concerned about privacy of my data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using postman makes it easier to collaborate over APIs. Saves a lot of time and mistakes.

Testing and documenting APIs

Postman review by User

"Postman - Best Rest Api Tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy manage diferents enviroments. I have 4 enviroments with its own variables, local, development, preproduction and production. I can test all the API REST in the desired enviroment with one click

What do you dislike?

Before version 6.40 i had a problem with SSL HandShake v3, but it's solved in the version 6.40

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a easy and powerful software to test you API, Postman is a very good option

I use Postman to test that the API works correctly, I can evalueate the time spent in the request and, if there is an issue in production, I can see if it's an API problem or is a frontend error

Postman review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"Essential for testing API calls"

What do you like best?

I like that I can make a API request with any header presets I want. I like that you can organize and save request and I can set cookies.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an all close tabs feature, I don’t like having to manually close all tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is super helpful and easy to use, if you are in need of testing API calls, this is the product for you!

Testing API’s, I can build them faster with postman.

Postman review by Mounika D.
Mounika D.

"Postman - Reliable tool for API testing"

What do you like best?

Reliable, Easily understandable, Works very efficiently, Friendly GUI, Easily atomatable.

Can be easily used to implement auto tests run.

What do you dislike?

It is a pain to use postman if you are working in the MS shop.

Improvement to console

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reliable and effective tool for API

Reliable rest api responses. Speedy response and easily automatable. We run the auto scripts which uses rest api calls and send the request and gets back the response using Postman tool

Postman review by User

"Postman is helpful for testing APIs"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create and save collections. It makes testing different APIs very efficient, without having to use curl or something similar that requires more work. It also allows you to save environment and global variables to make passing around different values really easy. The UI is pretty nice and simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be really laggy. For example, when I am requesting a gatekeeper token, it takes a long time and the UI is pretty glitchy for that specific task.

I can test APIs that either I or other developers I’m working with have written. I can see what responses you get back from making certain calls.

Postman review by Edmond L.
Edmond L.

"Free & Easy - What's not to love?!"

What do you like best?

Great way for non-developers to send request, fetch data, and get answers without bothering engineers.

What do you dislike?

It can be dangerous to send data, it's so easy to post to a database. When you hit 'Send', it's out in the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go slow and make sure everything looks good before you 'Send'.

I use it to check the balance of dozens of account in once place. I can also check the status of orders with outside vendors with a simple request.

Postman review by Igor S.
Igor S.

"Great tool for API development and testing"

What do you like best?

Great user interface, keeps history, customizable, allows creation of a battery of tests.

What do you dislike?

Postman works only as a Google Chrome or Chromium extension. I would like to have it as a standalone application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postman is a great tool to test your APIs and to play with other APIs

We are building RESTful APIs for healthcare using HL7 FHIR standard. We use Postman to test our APIs and to play with FHIR reference servers.

Postman review by Rohit K.
Rohit K.

"Best software to deal with API's and get response "

What do you like best?

easy interface to communicate with API's for backend software developer no need for UI to get a reaponse from API's. This software also help get find bug and check weather API give a proper response or not.

What do you dislike?

Havy software and took much time, means take initial startup time.

Helping us to check API's responce weather API works properly or not ,for backend developer

Postman review by Paweł M.
Paweł M.

"Great API testing application"

What do you like best?

Easy onboarding, no start configuration and flexible parameters for request. macOS app is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion it's ideal software. Does exactly what's you expect from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think a lot, just try it. It's real life saver in many situations

I'm using it for speeding up API development, and testing current versions of API.

"Great free product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, free, easy to access. I downlaoded the chrome extension really quick and now they have a native app

What do you dislike?

Some UX is pretty bad, idunno where some things are sometimes. Especially when I'm trying to POST something, it's in a diff section than the params

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for API use, I use it to build bots!

I needed something quick to post to and something with a good UI

Postman review by User

"Great tool for API testing"

What do you like best?

Store variables in environments;

Saved requests in collections

Generate code snippets in different languages

What do you dislike?

Does not save response history

More automation features

I do a lot of API integrations for our customers and need to run quick API tests everyday. Postman really makes this process easy and fast. You can build your own environments and collections and share them with your teams as well.

Postman review by Grant V.
Grant V.

"REST API's for dummies"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ease of learning the software suite and overall quality of this software really blow you away.

It's honestly a must have for any serious software developer looking to work with APIs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I honestly dislike about this software is that their logo isn't Postman Pat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just pay the people, use the product, build good software.

API Building, API usage, API testing. API API'ing

Postman review by Patrick R.
Patrick R.

"Indispensable tool for api development"

What do you like best?

Quick to get to grips with, storage of last session, environment switching and cloning.

What do you dislike?

If it could integrate with a VS project and store all settings for others to use that would be the icing on the cake.

API development - I really couldn't imagine testing and coding against an API without this tool.

Postman review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Poor Customer Support Issue Resolution"

What do you like best?

Manual testing functionality is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I have had numerous unresolved monitor issues from 404 errors to the monitors now working at all. I believe their support team is overworked and understaffed, and it would be easier to do a Skype call to resolve some issues.

I am currently manually testing API's, but I wanted to use their monitors for automation.

Postman review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Great tool for testing APIs"

What do you like best?

Postman makes it easy for even non-developers to test url's when creating or testing APIs. It is the main tool I use for testing.

What do you dislike?

Not the most intuitive user interface but there is a lot of help available until you get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not aware of any other tool available that makes it this easy to test any type of API, even for non-developers.

We have several vendors who have setup comprehensive APIs to share and update information remotely. We use postman to test APIs before moving into production within our regular programs.

Postman review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great for testing HTTP Requests"

What do you like best?

Being able to test put, delete and other types of HTTP requests in a simple easy to use interface without having to go through the process of filling out a form.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it lost chrome browser support because that was very convenient

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this for developing CRUD applications. It makes thing much quicker and simpler to do.

Postman is used to develop apps that use CRUD features. It makes development and testing of certain features a lot more seamless and quick.

Postman review by User

"Great tool for testing web services"

What do you like best?

How easy to add security and parameters to web requests. Great tool for any web developer.

What do you dislike?

Older versions seemed to send requests from my machine, but later versions now seem to bounce Postman servers (or at least are unable to work behind corporate firewalls)

Testing web services and endpoints that are REST

Postman review by User in Higher Education

"A great API tool!!"

What do you like best?

It allows you to test the API web services you are working on in a test or prod environment. You can send headers and a request body. You also are able to choose what type of HTTP calls to make. Its also great for testing if a service is up and running.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to writing the code for automated testing. But once you learn it, its very easy to use. Not the best if you need certificates installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, it's free!!

testing web service APIs

Postman review by User in Financial Services

"Run HTTP requests"

What do you like best?

It’s a very easy to use UI for simple HTTP requests that works even on Windows.

What do you dislike?

Setup can be annoying if your IT department seems to think developers don’t need to be able to use tools they want to.

Testing REST endpoints.

Postman review by Dhwani S.
Dhwani S.

"Postman is great tool to test webservices"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use with great feature like you can save your URL, body value and use it next time. You can also use chrome postman plugin to test web services

What do you dislike?

Validation feature for test cases is very basic and could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommand

API Testing

Postman review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Postman helps with abstraction "

What do you like best?

As a ui engineer I love being able to use postman to verify that the services work as intended

What do you dislike?

File and search bar is kind of inconvenient and can be improved

Postman helps with communication between back and front end

Postman review by User

"A primordial tool for API developpment"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. In a couple of minutes you can test a request on your server and debug it if needed

What do you dislike?

Some issues with HTTPS testing with self-signed certificate

With postman i can test my API developpment really fast

"Great REST client"

What do you like best?

You can save and organize multiple APIs calls

What do you dislike?

With all the updates and all the new features it looks more complicated

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think with Postman is happening the same than with other companies. They want to add more and more features which makes the application more complicated to use. Or not complicated but confuse a regular user, and for a new user, the experience will be worst.

Testing the web services calls to my backend

Postman review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Use for testing in a Support Role"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and customization (i.e presets)

What do you dislike?

Sync feature, i don't understand it's purpose as it only caused problems after I logged int..of course, this could be another issue

Testing API calls, etc through postman to help customers

Postman review by User in Internet

"Simple but could still improve"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and friendly UI. Can save collections and import/export them. Good for beginners as well as advanced users. Good for test runs as well.

What do you dislike?

I usually have trouble deleting items inside a collection. They keep appearing again. Even though syncing is on, when I use it on my laptop v/s computer it just overrides and brings everything back. That can be improved or fixed.

API testing and sharing collection across team members.

Postman review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Great tool for learning and using APIs"

What do you like best?

It makes working with APIs easy and fun, it's very well designed.

What do you dislike?

It has more useful features that take some time to find and figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent tool to use for gathering and viewing API data

Viewing API info to be parsed for team projects, viewing it fast and readable.

"Postman review"

What do you like best?

It is a simple interface for testing APIs.

What do you dislike?

The interface runs on a web browser for Mac so when you toggle between windows, it cannot be accessed separately from a browser window. It is a native app, which is why it doesn't make sense that you cannot make the distinction from say a chrome browser window and your postman instance

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few API clients which you can use, and based off of what I have seen, this is the easiest to use and understand.

API testing.

Postman review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Postman makes API development and testing a breeze"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to set the global environments and API test automation (runner)

What do you dislike?

Pre-Request scripts are sometimes hard to configure depending on the use case

API development, testing

Postman review by User

"Very useful for debugging APIs"

What do you like best?

The product just works. Has every option I could possibly think of needing, and many more besides

What do you dislike?

A bit slow to start up, and the opening messages/animations are pretty corny, almost juvenile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Interface is clean an powerful, if somewhat overwhelming. Have never had an issue with performance.

Need to test our back-end API without having to call from our front-end app.

Postman review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Wonderful API test tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to test API code and see the request and response. I like being able to publish and host documentation through Postman.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to add additional more user friendly API doc in Postman.

The benefit of having users and readers test our API doc instead of just reading about it,

Postman review by User in Internet

"Easy and quick access to database data"

What do you like best?

Ability to easily pull data out of database to use in other programs like R or excel.

What do you dislike?

Wish the first time experience was more intuitive.

Taking mixpanel data out to analyze in excel or R, or database data out to analyze.

Postman review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Simple and pain free service for testing and debugging API calls"

What do you like best?

Simple to get moving, fast results, readily available.

What do you dislike?

It's a simple product, there's very little to not like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to learn and use, just pick it up and run.

Faster turn around when evaluating external API's; simple testing of internal API's.

"Best tool use for APIs"

What do you like best?

Everything like very good user experience, environments feature, syncing, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet as I am still learning to use Postman in best way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to other to use Postman when your developing APIs. It is very easy to use and it will fulfil all your meets.

When we developed APIs for multiple platforms, Postman help us to communicate with platforms.

Postman review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Awesome way to test services"

What do you like best?

Ease of testing Ajax calls, http gets and posts. Great way to debug problems with payloads

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is the user experience, I feel it could be more friendly to save new services without overwriting old ones

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

The issue with errors developing calls and services when integrating with 3rd party vendors.

Postman review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"A must have"

What do you like best?

It allows you to easily test api endpoints, share your saved collections, and even helps generate useful code in a variety of languages to make an api call

What do you dislike?

Bulk collection editing could be better.

We use it to test our custom-built api endpoints. It's a massive timesaver. Team collaboration is fantastic as well

Postman review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Postman review"

What do you like best?

Makes testing your back-end simple and easy, even when utilizing authorization tokens, headers, etc

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, closing multiple tabs is a pain, with asking if you would like to save on every one

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very great tool to use for API testing

Building out API's to make our websites

Postman review by Consultant

"Postman time saving"

What do you like best?

it saves all the API's executed, which is useful for the next time.

What do you dislike?

it needs account to save the API's executed which is a disadvantage, it should be device specific in order to save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes its very easy and time saving

i was executing my API's, it is quick and elaborate

Postman review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"excellent application to test the API"

What do you like best?

The interface it provide everything that is need to test the API.Tested all backed REST APIs using Postman.API Testing tools Chrome Postman, Firefox Rest Client.Testing JSON output using Advanced REST Client or POSTMAN

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about this application.

Testing the API before its implimentation

Postman review by User in Computer Software

"Great software, good for all levels of development"

What do you like best?

Is relatively easy to use, strong team sharing capabilities now.

What do you dislike?

Versioning still needs an improvement, but it's getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check out their troll board https://trello.com/b/4N7PnHAz/postman-roadmap-for-developers

We are able to test all applications internally before release, and quick put together user workflows.

"nice"

What do you like best?

This allows me to easily make API calls and keep track of previous calls

What do you dislike?

The way that the history of calls is kept and potentially reused could be better.

Easily make API calls to test functionality

Postman review by User in Computer Software

"Test Web Service with the best UI"

What do you like best?

The simple interface of the postman to give in all the details about a service

What do you dislike?

Has not found anything until now. Hope it remains the same way

Using Postman to test the web services that I develop

Learning about Postman?

* We monitor all Postman reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.