Postmark

Transactional email for webapps.

Work for Postmark?

Learning about Postmark?

Postmark Reviews

Ask Postmark a Question
Showing 13 Postmark reviews
Postmark review by Andrew U.
Andrew U.

"Customer Focused, Email Delivery"

What do you like best?

The validation process seems excessive at the start, but once you see the >1% bounce rate, you understand why they do it to keep the IP pools squeaky clean. They have amazing customer service skills, I feel like they are a part of my team.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to dislike at all. The only thing is that I mentioned to one of the reps about the Live Chat not working in the logged in menu, so I have to go to a different page where I know it's working to pull up live chat if I want to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. The setup is work, but well worth it!

Outgoing email. We switched from another provider to Postmark, and couldn't be more satisfied. They are attentive, quick to respond, and our emails are flowing seamlessly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Postmark
Postmark review by John P.
John P.

"A clean simple api"

What do you like best?

Postmark has been simple and reliable in the 2+ years I've used them. Their API has a fast response time and their batch send calls has been helpful in maintaining a quick response time on our service. They've also been generous in giving us free credits from time to time. They provide webhooks for events you are interested in e.g. bounced emails, spam reports. Their documentation is extensive and comprehensive and also includes libraries for several languages (we use them with python and php).

What do you dislike?

Some of the new features Postmark has added aren't as simple as their first product, especially the email templates. Their admin interface also is weird in that it only lets you look at 30 day periods for statistics (we track our own analytics so it's less of an issue for us).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Postmark quickly and effectively help us getting transactional email up for our service. We've evaluated switching to Mailgun (since we get it for free) however right now postmark seems to have the simpler API.

Postmark helped us quickly and effectively add an outside transactional email provider instead of sending SMTP emails. It's also helped ensure that our app stays quick when we were originally directly calling it from the application thread. We've had no problem with getting marked as spam or deliverability and their open tracking by email client has been helpful. We've sent 200,000+ emails with postmark so far.

What Transactional Email solution do you use?

Postmark review by David G.
David G.

"My weapon of choice when it comes to sending email"

What do you like best?

Postmark sends my transactional email. They know their tools and they do their job right. I can focus on my product knowing that emails are going to get sent. Cost is more than reasonable and email tagging and activity reporting allows me to visually check what exactly was sent to whom. Support is also great.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. I even wouldn't prefer the service to be free!

Sending transactional email is a fundamental piece in every SaaS or digital B2C service. It is also a tricky business, due to the complex ecosystem of email providers and spammers. Letting experts handle it for a tiny fraction of the cost I could need to support to do it myself is the right business decision.

Postmark review by User in Computer Software

"Simple transactional email"

What do you like best?

We used Postmark for all of our transactional email, and we've found them extremely simple to use. Their integration with Heroku as well as a wide variety of language-specific libraries has made it very quick to get up and running with them. For most transactional email, implementing Postmark sending in an app is nearly a one-liner, which is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I've found their web-dashboard to be a little less than clear on some data, but much of this could be my own inexperience with the UI (which I've used very little). It's possible that their pricing becomes expensive at high volumes, but we haven't experienced this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can strongly recommend the product for everything we've used it for, but we haven't delved into the more complicated aspects of the app. If you want an API call to send an arbitrary email and their pricing works for you, they're a great bet.

We need a quick way to start getting transactional emails out the door quickly and without a lot of setup. Postmark has done a good job to make that easy, and also to walk us through the various domain configurations required to make it all work properly.

Postmark review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Delightful, simple service"

What do you like best?

Postmark has a clear API, a well designed site, and I trust that they're going to be around in 5 years time because they aren't chasing rocket ship growth. Their emails are fast to be delivered and they really focus on deliverability which is why we chose them.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike and it's not even a big deal is that their templates are linked to an email server, rather than being global to the account. This means you can't use a template from a dev server against the production server. It's an extremely minor point though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated Postmark against Sendgrid and Mailgun, but found Postmark fit our needs best.

We want to send transactional email to corporate customers, and we really didn't want to deal with deliverability issues. Postmark seemed like the best company to achieve that.

Postmark review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Reliable platform for transactional email delivery"

What do you like best?

Once you set it up, it will work just fine. It really helped us grow our business. We don't need to worry about maintaining and upgrading our email tool - Postmark does it all for us.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we could really complain about. Maybe email open rates could have been higher, but they aren't really responsible for that ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had been using an installable solution that we had to maintain, upgrade, etc.

We use it for delivery, inbound and tracking email open rates. It works just fine for all of these types of email communication in terms of our product needs.

Postmark review by Weldys S.
Weldys S.

"Fantastic to send transactional emails"

What do you like best?

I love to send emails easily with Postmark

What do you dislike?

Would be genius if I could send marketing mail. Those models are too beautiful and so easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would migrate because is so easy to configure, even migrating from Mandrill or other software to send transactional emails

Send transactional emails like remembering passwords, account confirmations, but using pretty models from the own site

Postmark review by User

"Great for verification"

What do you like best?

Allows me to verify that emails are being to sent to users of our product, or what the issue is if they are not receiving emails

What do you dislike?

Searching back a long amount of time can be difficult

Allows us to tell users specifically what they are not receiving emails (hard bounce, soft bounce, etc.)

Postmark review by User

"Great"

Postmark review by Administrator in Computer Software

"We use Postmark to send transactional emails and process incoming messages"

What do you like best?

Postmark is very easy to use. You can implement it easily using either SMTP or API.

What do you dislike?

Set up is a bit annoying. They won't let you do anything unless you've confirmed certain things. We just wanted to do basic sandbox style testing but needed to get our dns records all sorted out first.

Since Mandrill became not very transactional friendly Postmark has been an easy transition.

Postmark review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Not the best"

What do you like best?

It works. Their API is easy-to-use and we never experienced any downtime.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high for what we get. Also their administration panel and Analytics graphs are not user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check Mandrill as alternative.

We use Postmark as secondary provider to send emails. We send ~100M emails per week.

Postmark review by Warren W.
Warren W.

"Sending Postmark Card is Fun"

What do you like best?

An easy interface and quick way to reach a friend

What do you dislike?

not enough ideas on ways to use it. seems to focus on value of hard copy

I would like to get to a prospect or client in a memorable way, but often don't know where to send a card

Postmark review by User in Internet

"Postmark Review"

What do you like best?

Good APIs, easy to use and works well for transactional emails.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - maybe seems a little expensive I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and try it it's fine.

Transactional emails only

Learning about Postmark?

* We monitor all Postmark reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.