PowerDMS

PowerDMS is cloud-based software that stores and distributes content online. The application provides practical tools to organize and manage crucial documents and industry standards, train and test employees, and uphold proof of compliance, thereby helping organizations reduce risk and liability. PowerDMS simplifies document management through powerful collaboration, process and automation.

Work for PowerDMS?

Learning about PowerDMS?

PowerDMS Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 62 PowerDMS reviews
PowerDMS review by <span>Julie R.</span>
Julie R.

"Likely one of the best investments we have made!!"

What do you like best?

No words exist to adequately explain how infinitely helpful it has been to have our policies and procedures in the palms of our employees hands. The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is somewhat limited, in my opinion. I really haven't found anything that I couldn't find a work around for, or anything that simply modifying how "things have always been done" to fit a better model of best practices didn't solve.

Some of the safety features that are built in to maintain audit trails and preserve integrity can be frustrating, despite the fact that they make sense. The one thing that I have absolutely disliked is that I cannot remove a user's signature from a policy if we require them to review and re-sign it for any reason. I either had to create a new version of the document (thus requiring EVERYONE to re-sign) or I had to archive and recreate the user. Also not practical. This is something I wish there were a more practical solution to solve.

We have been able to completely modify how we disseminate information with a huge increase in efficiency and effectiveness. As an administrator, the ability to track certificates, training, and a wide variety of other documents has given us a single-spot repository that can be accessed from anywhere. No longer do we have to chase paper documents in filing cabinets or ask various offices to chase things down.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PowerDMS
PowerDMS review by <span>Emily D.</span>
Emily D.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Course Creation and Certificate management. The course creation and online hosting of the course material have helped us to minimize the need for Role Call Training. This allows us to have more time to plan more important training such as those that have to do with University compliance. We use the certificates side of the software on a daily basis to help maintain training records.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize areas of the website. PowerDMS has good backbones but does not allow a user to customize views of the website. It would be nice if we could create specific profile types for each user group so that they could see their own training records and other details as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to any agency looking to perfect their documentation process and training section.

We are solving training issues with the use of PowerDMS. We have been able to reduce the amount of classroom time and have many of our training now online. The largest benefit we get out of using PowerDMS is the organizational component of having everything digitized.

What Governance, Risk & Compliance solution do you use?

PowerDMS review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"PowerDMS has changed almost everything about our organization."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the system. From the program administrator side to the end user, nothing is complicated. There was very little training needed to the end user upon implementation.

What do you dislike?

Until the apps were made available the logging in system on a mobile device was a shortfall however the apps changed the game. I wish there were some inneroperabilities with other records management systems allowing some of the data to be fed between systems. We are forced to go into each system and change assignments and levels with each individual’s move.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the step. If cost is your challenge, find a way. This will enhance your employee’s experience and hold them accountable all at the same time.

Providing training, programs, and policies to all employees with the ability to verify completion allows us to not only ensure employees have the information available but also provides a level of accountability. We began with policies and general orders in the early onset and moved on to presentations, testing, training, and quality questionnaires.

PowerDMS review by <span>Don M.</span>
Don M.

"PowerDMS: Ideal Platform for Accreditation"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS is a very user-friendly web platform designed for file and training management. The platform allows for personalization of files sorting, training course implementation, and training record tracking. The system allows for quick mass reporting of each attribute. The platform also allows for master admin users to allow others outside of the organization to participate in various features.

What do you dislike?

The only issue at this point is the inability to break down training hours into separate categories for reporting purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate. I would highly recommend this platform to others who are looking for a better way to consolidate records and documents.

We are eliminating bulky paper files by uploading all training records, policies, and procedures into DMS for a central depository. This allows for multiple people to view and edit working forms. The work flow feature allows for real-time review and feedback.

PowerDMS review by <span>Deanna W.</span>
Deanna W.

"Administration"

What do you like best?

The organization of a user hierarchy and the ability to establish roles and groups with various access levels.The ability to create follow up dates for review of documents with the ability to revise and circulate directly in the system. The accessibility - no need for a shared drive for items that need to be quickly accessed away from the office.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the administrative ability to adjust the automatic log out time. More intuitive naming in the work flow options. Simpler setup of user hierarchy cascading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PowerDMS is an excellent resource for sharing information and keeping it up to date!

Policies and procedures, shared forms. Hope to use for accreditation at next review.

PowerDMS review by <span>Shelby H.</span>
Shelby H.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Simplicity of uploading and editing policies for my agency. Ability to run reports. Ability to add videos and PowerPoint presentations to be viewed online and save me from having to have numerous classes and take people away from their jobs to attend the classes.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was able to create a backup file in Word of all of my policies. It would also be nice if when I downloaded a document that it would recognize the name and save it as is instead of me having to go back and change the name of the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the online tutorials and chatting. Don't be afraid to contact support. They have always been polite and easy to work with, even when I have a braid freeze and forget how to do something simple that I've done a dozen times.

Able to send out information quickly and able to track who is staying on top of tasks. Provides me with a way of sending out required training and not having to pay overtime or pull people away from their job assignments to physically attend a class.

PowerDMS review by <span>Kathy D.</span>
Kathy D.

"PowerDMS makes my job easier!"

What do you like best?

Reviews on policies are conducted electronically. Our assessment for accreditation is housed in PowerDMS in one location instead of using individual paper manuals to show compliance. All of our training for on boarding a new employee and our annual training is conducted in PowerDMS.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in running reports. There needs to be additional options to choose from to pull the data that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Select a software such as PowerDMS that is not industry specific. Other departments in our organization are now also using PowerDMS for their policy management software. PowerDMS appeals to multiple industries and organizations. The pricing for the assessment part of the software is extremely reasonable. The time savings just by using this software makes it cost effective.

Preparing for accreditation takes less time using PowerDMS. Our electronic assessment is always ready for an audit. Training of new staff is more efficient by creating the courses and tests within PowerDMS. PowerDMS tracks all edits to policies and automatically archives previous version.

PowerDMS review by <span>Chase J.</span>
Chase J.

"PowerDMS Makes Policy, Training, and Document Management a Breeze"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS is very user friendly and easy to navigate. It's very customizable with user groups and makes tracking what employees have and have not completed/signed off very easy to determine. The training portion is great with courses able to be created to make training large number of staff easy and certificates make an easy way to track who has completed training and who hasn't. Support for the product is phenomenal and very responsive.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like. PowerDMS is quick to correct problems and is very open to improve user interface and functionality of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. If you need document management, this system is excellent.

We've made policy acknowledgement very streamlined and getting people to sign off on policies is very easy. It has made their lives easy with being able to research policies in the field for quick easy answers. We have been implementing training records tracking and documentation and it's proving to be outstanding. The ability to input a course, see who has completed and who hasn't, and award certificates that can be time-specific to require annual (or whatever time you want) recerts as needed.

PowerDMS review by <span>Buck B.</span>
Buck B.

"PowerDMS Champions"

What do you like best?

Ease of use especially during an assessment.

What do you dislike?

After you upload a new file you have to go back into "Manage Document" in order to set the signature due date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before PowerDMS had a referral program I had already been sending customers your way. We were one of the first agencies that used PowerDMS for an off-site review in 2013. While I was at a CALEA conference in OHIO I had to log into my account for others to see how the process worked. After the conference I was contacted by many agencies throughout the United States asking my many questions about my experience. Although I did not use the old system where you had to send in your files prior to an on-site I could not imagine how much time and money it took to prepare. The ease and use of PowerDMS makes my job extremely easy with the many programs that the system offers.

Besides the advantages PowerDMS gives you with an off-site assessment, the training program is outstanding. Last year we decided to start using PoweDMS for our Use of Force training online prior to officers going to the range. Officers were able to review the training material as well as take the written test prior to going to the range for their annual qualification. This saved at least one hour of classroom time which also saves on overtime or comp-time.

None as of today

PowerDMS review by <span>Stephanie E.</span>
Stephanie E.

"So Easy, a polar bear could use it"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the customer service, Power DMS stays relevant and is always updating based on customer needs. They listen to what the customers have to say and interact with them to see if a new feature is actually usable and does not have any flaws.

What do you dislike?

I wish "users" who are not admins could see things like their training records or certifications....also miss the pie in the face when an unk error occurred. I also would like it if an admin could change the amount of time until you are automatically logged off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is absolutely worth the money!! It is very user friendly and the webinars are a must do!! The customer service is outstanding. If you cant find the answer in the help section (which is unlikely) you can reach out via chat, email, or phone and get great customer service.

maintaining records for training and accreditation and learning more regarding how to use PowerDMS to make changes to and reviewing policies.

PowerDMS review by <span>Lori S.</span>
Lori S.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The user interface is simple and easy to understand; the system allows for multi-state document management (state specific policies/notices can be distributed easily); a paperless solution means no filing; it allows for easy collaboration on policy changes; and the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC customer support!!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were clearer distinctions for document security between front line managers/admin users and policy developers. In order to run reports on whether an employee has signed a currently published version of a policy, the security also allows the manager the ability to see current draft versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whenever we have a challenge to face, PowerDMS is an awesome partner. The relationship doesn't end after onboarding.

Using the PowerDMS system has made communication about policy changes so much more efficient. Now, instead of passing information through layers of management, we can connect directly with our employees. It also has allowed us to distribute documents that are unique to certain groups of employees - all with no paper filing to personnel files! This system has been very well received in our company. It gives managers and employees the ability to keep up to date & find information easily.

PowerDMS review by <span>Angie L.</span>
Angie L.

"PowerDMS "

What do you like best?

The capability of house all policies within one software. Within the software you can manage who reviews the policy/policies and when they manage them. If the appropriate people do not review the policy, reports are available for administrators to track which policies need to be reviewed.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I currently dislike. My organization is currently dealing with access issues due to a recent software update.

I use PowerDMS to store and manage organizational documents. Our organization has over 1,000 employees and this makes it easy for all to access. We set up reminders for the review of policies and set up workflows so the document goes to the appropriate person. The reports make it easy to manage the documents that are past due. The online chat is a great feature and the employees are wonderful.

PowerDMS review by <span>Lisa I.</span>
Lisa I.

"Document retention and organization without hassle."

What do you like best?

I love that I can store all of my documents on an outside cloud for retention. I enjoy being able to edit right from the PowerDMS software as well as then sending it throughout my organization using the workflow system without have to touch a piece of paper.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes. Some things like courses are a little more challenging but I like a good challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an effortless thought. The software works. Its easy to use and having all three components, Policy, Training and Accreditation, I can toggle between documents within the system to create proofs for my assessments. I like the fact that I don't have to store a single piece of paper and that I can access my documents from anywhere!

The way that my organization works on the Detention side of the agency is that I maintain all my documents so when something is needing immediate attention I can update and modify the document or course from anywhere using PowerDMS mobile. I realize being able to work remote is a huge benefit because if I am away from my desktop I can log into PowerDMS and access all my documents loaded into the cloud. This has assisted me in immediately resolving tasks for my command staff when I am off site.

PowerDMS review by <span>Kevin R.</span>
Kevin R.

"Awesome Document Management Program!"

What do you like best?

Using the entire suite from PowerDMS allow us to not only keep track of our directives, but allows us to track our training, create courses for the entire agency and keep track of the progress of our CALEA accreditation. All of these tasks would consume thousands of pieces of paper and thousands of hours to keep track of all of our documents.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customize the training request forms and workflows to better serve our specific agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend PowerDMS to any Public Safety agency looking for a one-stop shop for all of their important documents.

Our CALEA accreditation could fill several file cabinets if we were still on a paper proof of compliance program. Also, keeping video, photographs and other media is much easier once uploaded into PowerDMS!

PowerDMS review by <span>Charles V.</span>
Charles V.

"Excellent product, very easy to use! "

What do you like best?

The product is simple to learn, understand and use. There is very little training time needed to go live with this product for the end users.

What do you dislike?

Overall the product is great, however then enrolling in a course there are many clicks that have to happen before you can actually enroll. This is very frustrating for the end user.

We are using this primarily for training and CALEA accreditations. We've also set it up for use with the NYSSA and have most recently moved our procedures into the product.

PowerDMS review by <span>Cheryl H.</span>
Cheryl H.

"PowerDMS really gets you organized!"

What do you like best?

The search capability and document storage capability make it so easy to find documents. I also like the report and/or assignment features that let you see who still needs to complete training.

What do you dislike?

There are certain functions, such as a simple print button for all employees to be able to print their own certificate history, that is not available. Our agency doesn't like the fact that supervisors can enroll their employees in training.

Organization. With manual filing, there were documents placed in the wrong folders. It was also more time-consuming to find requested documents. Record-keeping of policy sign off is a breeze, as well as ensuring we are meeting accreditation standards.

PowerDMS review by <span>Dana K.</span>
Dana K.

"PowerDMS - Fantastic Policy Management Software and so much more!"

What do you like best?

The greatest thing about PowerDMS is their customer support! They are always available to answer questions or do remote help sessions if needed. Their tech support members are friendly, never make you feel rushed when providing assistance, and go above and beyond to make sure you resolve your issues.

What do you dislike?

PowerDMS allows users managing accreditation processes to run reports showing the status of their assessment. While a step in the right direction, there needs to be an easier way to distinguish and log when specific cycle years are complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

I love the ability to manage our policy and be paperless. Creating, collaborating and revising documents via electronic workflows eliminates the confusion we used to experience when multiple versions of the same document went through several departments for input on revisions. Now everything is managed within one workflow and all changes are made to one version of the policy. All previous versions of the policy are stored and archived versions can be accessed if needed. When new policies or revisions to policies are approved, then the policy is "published" and is automatically sent out to the staff for their review and signature. Signatures are captured electronically and stored within the system. Gone are the days of our paper sign-off sheets!

"Everyday PowerDMS User"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS offers the availability to have all of your documents at your fingertips, twenty-four hours per day. For the managers, it allows for you to audit your employees and assure that they've read documents that are assigned to them. Think your employees are just needlessly clicking away and not actually viewing the documents? You can set timers to prohibit someone from signing a document before that time has run out.

Want to search for something? Enter a word, any word, and DMS will scan every document you have for that word and generate a search result for you.

My favorite? The customer service! Fantastic people who are always willing to help you and walk you through any problem you can possible have.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like. Some small "quirks" that I have, but for the most part, I am very pleased with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to talk to other users and ask a ton of questions, it's a very intricate system.

I work for a Law Enforcement Agency that is accredited by CALEA. I am required to have a full written directive system that includes Policies and Procedures, rules and regulations and other directives required by law and CALEA. This system has made my life easier by allowing me to distribute my files to the employees and control access to files, and collect signatures on documents, all with an easy menu. It's a very organized system and user-friendly. I have thousands of documents in the system and it's very easy to access them. There is even an app so that you can refer to procedures manual on the go.

When I'm required to show proof to CALEA that we are following their standards, the standards manual is integrated into the system, and it's very easy to migrate information to and from that section. Very good system to use for a document management system.

PowerDMS review by Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"PowerDMS makes both document management (think Policies) and online training VERY accessable!"

What do you like best?

The online training is relatively simple to navigate, and document workflows are very accessible for most tech skill levels. The ability to assigning training to be completed at the discretion of the employee, while monitored by administration has been very useful. Also, dashboarding adds excellent at-a-glance monitoring as well.

What do you dislike?

There are folders and subfolders. That makes it challenging to maintain clear pathways. However, there appears to be changes in the works, so hopefully this is a thing of the past. Also, there is opportunity to improve training management to allow for an "instructor" experience for multiple staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need online document management and training, this is a great product. While functionality is solid for both, PowerDMS staff are constantly adding new features. For the price, the ability to manage ongoing/completed training of staff is a big deal. There is quite a bit of room for growth for the downloadable app, but there a person can view most of what they would need to from their phone or tablet.

Access to most current versions of our most important documents, and the ability to maintain training for 150 staff with a variety of professional needs and huge schedule variation.

"Extraordinary"

What do you like best?

I liked the program and how it integrates into our current system with being a CALEA Accredited agency. In addition the training, document dissemination, document revision and survey features are excellent for developing real time information that can be sued for informative decisions. The support staff is great! Missy Morales was attentive to our needs and was a great assistance in the on-boarding process.

What do you dislike?

On occasion we have issues related to the search feature. We placed a trouble ticket regarding it and they appear to be fixing the issue. It was something that developed later while we were using the system and cannot figure out what happened. Power DMS technicians are working to resolve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this for law enforcement accredited agencies. It is by far the best program for the need. Despite the CALEA requirement we were already looking at purchasing this program. Problem we had was the other vendor program was still being used and financially we could not afford the switch. We obtained a grant and were able to move quickly with the purchase.

We are developing a lot of policies and procedures suing the program. Our main focus is keeping up with the CALEA standards relating to law enforcement and this system is a fantastic tool for this purpose.

PowerDMS review by <span>Josel H.</span>
Josel H.

"PowerDMS"

What do you like best?

I have been using PowerDMS products for almost ten years. My agency utilizes it for document control and dissemination, compliance tracking and training. The system is very easy to use and administrate and continues to improve through development. Because I have been using the system for nearly ten years, I have had the opportunity to see it grow significantly. I am a big fan of PowerDMS.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say one bad thing about this system. Anytime there have been changes the users have requested, PowerDMS has been extremely responsive and continued to develop the software to ensure it is exactly what the end users are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend getting with other agencies currently utilizing the program so you can see it working at their agency. This will help the transition and give the new administrator additional confidence before going live. The system is very easy to use once it is implemented but it takes a bit of trail and error to feel comfortable.

Not only am I able to manage, develop and disseminate all of our General Orders, policies and standard operating procedures through this software, I am able to manage my entire compliance program using PowerDMS. I am also able to issue and track training for an agency of over 200 employees. This system has so many benefits it is hard to imagine attempting to manage policy and procedure without it.

PowerDMS review by <span>David S.</span>
David S.

"PowerDMS is far more than a place to store your policies"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS is a comprehensive, integrated system to manage not only your policies, but all your relevant information. This tool can be customized; it is easy to search; multiple documents can be linked; and everything, including prior revisions can be searched. It is so powerful that is a little difficult to fully understand and appreciate everything this system can do when you are first introduced to it. But when you stick with it, you will find it is amazing. And, with the online tutorials, it is easy to see new possibilities or get a refresher on what components you do not use on a regular basis. For any agency that is accredited or seeking accreditation, this is a tool you will want.

What do you dislike?

While there is nothing I dislike, as I mentioned earlier, PowerDMS is such a robust system that it can be a little overwhelming at first. it is not really an intuitive system, but clearly worth using it. The more you use it, the better you understand and can use the capabilities to your advantage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not let the initial implementation overwhelm you. It does take some time to fully realize just how integrated PowerDMS is and the value it can bring to your organization. The more you use it, the better you understand the value.

The primary use of PowerDMS is to provide comprehensive management of our policies. We can easily track revisions, review by personnel, comprehension via testing and timeline. We can link associated policies and documents, search by key words or tags and easily show compliance with accreditation standards. With the archive feature, it is easy to search prior revisions to investigate professional responsibility complaints that are made well past the incident in question. This is a "bonus" feature in helping us manage external liability and internal compliance.

PowerDMS review by <span>Mariah R.</span>
Mariah R.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

This software is completely user friendly and if any complications arise, they have an awesome support team that actually helps with your individual needs.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that we cannot access standards via mobile app. I must always travel with my laptop to access the standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an awesome software used by many companies and agencies to do many different tasks. Our agency utilizes PowerDMS for accreditation/compliance and it works perfectly. Giving you the capability to do all that you want to do and more.

I am cutting down on paperwork. I have realized that a paper trail is not necessarily needed to get things done.

PowerDMS review by <span>Tommy W.</span>
Tommy W.

"PowerDMS empowered our agency "

What do you like best?

Documents are easily managed w/ a high level of accountability. Employees utilize a digital signature that is password protected and the software generates an easily accessible audit system for system administrators. Policy modifications can be controlled through user defined automated workflows that ease management and organization. The documents section is not limited to just policy, any documents become accessible from any device connected to the internet.

What do you dislike?

None, I have been completely satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you were interested in an easy way to manage policies, accreditation and training EowerDMS is a great option. The staff has been incredibly nice and made on-boarding easy. The software itself is intuitive making the learning process simple but staff certainly point you in the right direction to make the on-boarding process easier for your employees as well. I utilize this product every day and am finding new uses regularly. It's a great product and great company.

Policy, training and accreditation management are our primary uses of PowerDMS. We design training in the software, assign it to users and track progress. The software allows custom notifications to remind the end users they have tasks to complete. Notifications also are useful with both the documents and accreditation tools.

PowerDMS review by <span>Dawn B.</span>
Dawn B.

"Simplified Work Life"

What do you like best?

Electronic assessments, electronic audit files And the ease of accessing audit files, documentation and policy revisions. I'm at an agency where we have multiple assessments and through PowerDMS you have the ability to copy documentation including policies and procedures from one assessment to the other .

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something I would say that I'm at my desk more versus running around grabbing files, making copies, driving to various locations across the state, but I'm ok with that.

Using less paper, on the road a lot less so I have more time, ease of accessing documents.

PowerDMS review by <span>Eric B.</span>
Eric B.

"Great product with outstanding support"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS is a versatile tool that allows companies to effectively manage their policies, training, surveys and numerous other documents in one place. The ability to set review cycles and manage assessments in PowerDMS are two of the most significant benefits I have experienced.

What do you dislike?

The format of policies should be more interchangeable between HTML, word, pdf, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software and a great company. They listen to their customer's feedback and improve the product continuously.

Our training is tracked much more efficiently in PowerDMS. My company no longer has policies sitting in a manual that are not reviewed for several years. PowerDMS allows the company to maintain current, applicable and organized documents.

PowerDMS review by <span>Miyoshi C.</span>
Miyoshi C.

"Eco Friendly"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that I dont have to worry about cutting down trees for paper and it's very convenience to use whether from my app or my desktop.

What do you dislike?

Not having the "daily" interaction and knowing everything there is to know about PowerDMS

If made mandatory to use, it would solve the problem of "training" when employees are not able to sit in a physical environment.

PowerDMS review by <span>John L. B.</span>
John L. B.

"PowerDMS Rocks!"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to push policy, policy changes, and roll call training to my agency.

What do you dislike?

The roll call training feature could be a little more robust; I'd like to be able to upload PowerPoints with the embedded videos intact.

Our agency has a way of disseminating policy to the troops in a paperless manner and tracking reception of policy and completion of roll call training.

PowerDMS review by Administrator

"Better than I could have ever hoped for...!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to see when a policy has been read and signed by an employee. I love the alerts for reviews of policies so we can keep our policies current. I also love that we can put property inspections into PowerDMS and set up alerts when inspections are coming due. PowerDMS also gave us the option to have Spanish versions

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I only wish I could use this software for more applications because it's so easy to use. I would love to be able to have employees complete fillable forms .

We have been able to use PowerDMS to put all of our property inspections, permits and individual certifications and set up alerts when they will be expiring to keep us in compliance and reduce late fees or fines.

PowerDMS review by <span>Lisa G.</span>
Lisa G.

"Document Management has never been easier!"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS handles all of our forms, training, training certificates, accreditation files, discovery files, etc. I add photos, URL's to training videos, pdf certificates, etc. PowerDMS has made my job so much more streamlined. And it gives our employees mobile access to information.

What do you dislike?

I am satisfied and do not have any real dislikes.

Paper savings, the ability to instantly release information to all employees or some employees (great security settings), and ease of use for accreditation.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in managing documents and accreditation. Documents are added, filed, tagged and published within seconds.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure I have any dislikes when it comes to Using PowerDMS. Really great product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that you become an active participant in the PowerDMS Success Community. And watch every video available in the support site - super helpful!

We are able to efficiently manage our entire Policy, Procedure, Accreditation and Training processes in PowerDMS. PowerDMS has help us take our Policy revision and update process to the next level, allowing us to workflow and engage all senior staff in the review process. We also have been able to automate our training efforts and are now able to automatically report State Required continuing education credits for our sworn employees.

PowerDMS review by <span>Veronica E.</span>
Veronica E.

"Document and Training Pro!! LOVE"

What do you like best?

I love the training aspect as well as being able to keep up with my employees training in one place. It's a web based cloud program so we can store all of our documents in one place without having to worry about anything. I absolutely love powered and their staff is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is very easy to use. I haven't had any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't regret it. It's the best in the business.

Training. It's an easy way to standardize training and keep up with it at the same time.

PowerDMS review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"PowerDMS has been a lifesaver."

What do you like best?

I like that we can track our approval process for policies and procedures and who has reviewed and signed policies. Also, I know that when an employee looks at a policy they are looking at the most up to date policy regardless of whether they have signed it or not.

What do you dislike?

The highlighting function in the PowerDMS standards module is clunky.

We have saved time, paper, and money not making hardcopies of all policies and procedures. We have also reduced errors by ensuring that the most current policy is the one the employee is looking at not one that this old because they haven't updated their hard copy manual.

PowerDMS review by <span>Amanda M.</span>
Amanda M.

"Excellent Software "

What do you like best?

The software helps to organize and efficiently disseminate documents, policies, memos, training, and surveys to our employees. Being able to run reports and track who has done what has been a great help. We save a significant amount of time building our accreditation files in the program as compared to building them in hard copy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tutorials could be a little more detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for organizing documents, policies, training.

We get quicker return on signature required documents. Our CALEA files are built in the software and we can track our progress by year with the documents we have and have not completed.

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"PowerDMS creates an efficient workflow."

What do you like best?

The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it.l

What do you dislike?

Not being able to notify users of a new document without requiring them to sign it.

We have been able to reduce the amount of classroom time and have many of our training now online. The largest benefit we get out of using PowerDMS is the organizational component of having everything digitized.l

PowerDMS review by <span>Tanya Yvette Y.</span>
Tanya Yvette Y.

"PowerDMS makes my job easy!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the product and the professionalism of the customer service employees. This product is a complete package that is well worth the investment that increases the efficiency and effectiveness of document management.

What do you dislike?

The phone apps for the program are limited at this time. You can search for items and sign for items but the apps are limited to those things only right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

View an existing system from someone who is in the same professional environment.

Distribution of documents is more efficient and cost effective.

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"PowerDMS - a truly powerful platform with the staff to back it up. "

What do you like best?

I love that the staff take you through every step of the way, and not just sell it to you and dump it on you.

There's a growing, interactive community in which they actually listen to their customers and value feedback.

What do you dislike?

There's honestly not much I don't like.

Like any new platform, it's hard to get some users online.

I could like an SSO function to make it easier to get into.

Centralizing Policy, manual, and testing information.

PowerDMS review by <span>Timothy G.</span>
Timothy G.

"PowerDMS Rocks"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, efficiency, cloud based, good customer service, a lot of flexibility for personal style

What do you dislike?

Some of the features should be quicker to come. While I work for a rather small municipality, I've seen some items that would make PDMS much more efficient (from my perspective) and I would like to see them implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

I'm solving accountability issues, as well as transparency issues.

PowerDMS review by <span>Sharon R.</span>
Sharon R.

"This software makes my life a lot easier and paper-free!"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS Standards is easy to use for attaching proofs of compliance towards accreditation. I can attach PDF's, videos, pictures or custom notes with just a couple clicks.

What do you dislike?

The system does crash occasionally but this problem seems to be getting better with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product for anyone still using manual systems to organize accreditation files.

The software has allowed us to get rid of clunky notebooks and reams of paper to house our accreditation files. Compliance proofs are now completely paperless, organized and easy to read.

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Operatinal Excellance"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the interface is basic to meet all employees needs no matter the technical background. The standards tool to keep up with accreditation or state standards is the only way to do things and "just say no" to paper.

What do you dislike?

It's time for the standards tool to get an upgrade, to allow for automatic scoring and getting the ability to run a report to show all non-compliance issues with their attachments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get references and ask about the support after the sale, you will see that it is superior to any other products out there.

The problem was getting ISO 17025 compliant, by using PowerDMS as a paperless system, it is easy to manage the compliance.

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Suspect Reviews"

What do you like best?

The online chat feature for all the questions I have.

What do you dislike?

Here are just the ones I've noticed today...I'm sure I am forgetting some.

Clunky, non-intuitive interface.

Unclear terminology and meanings for terms and tasks.

System logs me out after 20 minutes.

My rep sent just me links for answers to my questions instead of picking up the phone. Since I am such a new admin, a more personal touch would have been appreciated.

Further, I feel like all the reviews here are suspect, since there are none below 4-star, and reviewers were provided gifts for their (tainted) reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around. Ask questions.

Just trying to get files organized.

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Brought our Policy and Document management into the 21st century "

What do you like best?

Ease of loading and distributing documents to the entire agency.

What do you dislike?

have nothing that I could say I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PowerDMS is a must have tool if you are going through the accreditation process

The timely distribution of Policies and orders throughout the agency. Made mandatory training readily accessible to members with instant results to managment.

"PowerDMS. Time saver"

What do you like best?

The program keeps track of my policies and I always know where it us when i am waiting for approvals. There are no more "lost" policies. Additionally every modification or revision is captured for future reference.

What do you dislike?

The training module needs a littke work. It us functional but has a great deal of room for improvement. More focus is being placed on training now and I look forward to the improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program will make your life infinity easier by tracking everything you do with a policy and also tracking the employee's actions with accountability. I wish we had this program earlier in my career.

No loss if the paperwork and tracking.

PowerDMS review by <span>David K.</span>
David K.

"Pie and Power DMS, both are easy!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything can be upload in an easy manner.

What do you dislike?

Really, the only thing I don't like is, I wish it was smarter, and you just need to confirm your up loads, and not highlight everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

We use it mainly for proofing.

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Best program for all around policy and training. "

What do you like best?

PowerDMS allows me to provide low cost low overhead training to all of my employees on the fly. In addition I can maintain accurate and complete training records that allow for a full picture of the employees training and documentation.

What do you dislike?

I would enjoy having the ability to track more counseling and disciplinary matters into PowerDMS. That it the biggest drawback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to make sure it works for you. Experiment with everything you can't break it.

We have reduced the need for off shift meetings, reduced overtime, and created a better documentation trail for our policy program.

PowerDMS review by <span>Terri H.</span>
Terri H.

"Learning Adventure"

What do you like best?

User friendly; being able to figure out problems by simply using the system.

What do you dislike?

Times of interruptions and/or down times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth looking into!

Assessments for accreditation.

PowerDMS review by <span>L B.</span>
L B.

"Training Guide"

What do you like best?

How simple it is to use and the benefit of having the info at your fingertips

What do you dislike?

Based on my use I don't have any dislikes at this time

None at this time. We're still in the process of implementing the program

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"PowerDMS Is Great"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS takes your agencies files and helps you to become all electronic. This makes it easier for your employees and assessors/auditors to access all the information they need.

What do you dislike?

The program times-out after 20 minutes of not using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support team to get all the information you need about PowerDMS and understanding how to use it.

We use PowerDMS to organize our accreditation files and for training and testing of the employees. This has made it 100 times easier to manage assessments and employee training programs.

PowerDMS review by Administrator

"PowerDMS is the greatest!"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to hold your people accountable for items that are in PowerDMS.

What do you dislike?

The loops of setting up groups and making sure that people are able to see what they need to see within those groups.

We started using PowerDMS for our subpoenas. We used to hand write every subpoena in a book. Now we scan them and up load them into PowerDMS. This way we can show when they were uploaded, date and time of when the Officer signed them and we archive them in case we need to look back at them.

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Continuous Improvement > Delayed Perfection"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS has proven a tool to streamline existing processes, resolve inefficiencies, and provide accountability.

What do you dislike?

Some tasks require more time in initial set up than expected. Any heartburn over that is usually quelled when the task is complete and the next becomes easier.

Problems with organization and accountability are largely resolved. The biggest benefit has been in overall process efficiency!

PowerDMS review by <span>Verna M C.</span>
Verna M C.

"Wonderful! "

What do you like best?

It's Very Versatile, I like how I can add tests, documents and videos!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time it has been wonderful and user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a consult, you will love it!

Tracking our training program

PowerDMS review by <span>Dee B.</span>
Dee B.

"Happy to be on board with Power DMS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality for policy review and accreditation assessment.

What do you dislike?

Training module is taking some time to get used to. It seems "bulky" and takes many steps to get a course ready to go.

Accreditation and policy updates

PowerDMS review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Love PowerDMS"

What do you like best?

Paperless ability, streamlining of our audit process, training functionality, and access to policy updates and review.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the roles and assigning functions in assessments were easier and more functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for policy accessibility, training and audits. It makes it easier to compile audit documentation and make it accessible to the auditor without days of reviewing paper.

Paperless and easier to provide documentation to auditors.

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Police Administrator"

What do you like best?

Stability, good, solid product. Great for accreditation and keeping your department on task.

What do you dislike?

The product works quite well. As most Law Enforcement agencies, we are under an increasingly tight budget. I would like to see a loyalty program where your costs get reduced based on how long you have had the product.

We are constantly striving for improvement in all aspects of our agency.

PowerDMS review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent organizational database"

What do you like best?

PowerDMS makes changing and editing our policy and procedure manuals so easy. No more giant binders in the office!

What do you dislike?

Adding documentation is somewhat of a problem.

We are getting ready for a compliance audit in 2019, and we feel that using PowerDMS will help us achieve a stellar rating.

PowerDMS review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I am able to keep all my documents and polices organized and on PowerDMS so I can work from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to manage my forms in PowerDMS as well because it's so great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret your decision to use PowerDMS. It is a game changer.

Information and document dissemination and the ability for multiple people to revise policies remotely.

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"PowerDMS is a great tool for accreditation and policy management"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and the easy access to documents and training

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to easily route training requests - workflows for that are complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and explore all of the many ways it can help your agency/business.

Accurate tracking of training and policy compliance; accreditation management

Administrator in Government Administration

"Efficient, easy to use, great features"

What do you like best?

The documents is a great section - creating the draft and archiving old ones

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it times out so quickly when editing docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes a little time to get used to, but worth it in the end

Less paper! Better access to several members of our department

PowerDMS review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Power DMS Review "

What do you like best?

Allows me to have access to Agency policy for review

What do you dislike?

Only an administrator can verify if a policy has been read by a staff member, but cannot determine if the individual understand what's been written.

Conversion to handheld devices

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Ease of use and multifunctional"

What do you like best?

The software allows for easy entry of new forms in multiple formats.

What do you dislike?

Inability to have a subfolder hierarchical set. We would like to be able to create multiple levels of subfolders.

The policies and procedures are readily available at all times and are easy to update.

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Your company needs Powerdms. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use. And the abilities it has to conform to what I need.

What do you dislike?

The limited file upload space and file formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solves many paperwork related issue. Allows information to get out to employees and also digital signatures saying they saw it.

Training, Policy and procedures, information releases. And much more.

Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Centralizes everything and makes policy management a breeze!"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use. Intuitive interface for basic users.

What do you dislike?

Advanced workflows are cumbersome to set up

Policy management, online training and employees surveys are easier than ever.

Learning about PowerDMS?

* We monitor all PowerDMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.