PowerSchool Unified Classroom

4.0

PowerSchool is the leading education technology platform for K-12 providing compliant online solutions, including registration and school choice, student information systems, learning management and classroom collaboration, assessment, analytics, and special education management.

Work for PowerSchool Unified Classroom?

Learning about PowerSchool Unified Classroom?

PowerSchool Unified Classroom Reviews

Ask PowerSchool Unified Classroom a Question
Showing 11 PowerSchool Unified Classroom reviews
PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"PowerSchool "2.0""

What do you like best?

It does a very good job of helping you set up your classes with the categories you want along with their values. It is also easy to copy from one class to another; if you have multiple sections of a type of class. Allows you to drop grades as well as weight assignments too. Overall, a helpful tool for teachers; especially in MS and HS; not sure about ES.

What do you dislike?

Navigating is not seamless. Reports are not as easy to make when it comes to making a report that is not one of their standards. The one time I contacted customer support regarding a report I wanted to make that I used to be able to make with their older version I was told I couldn't make that type of report; that there was nothing they could do. Also, The one time I contacted customer support regarding a report I wanted to make that I used to be able to make with their older version I was told I couldn't make that type of report; that there was nothing they could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you best to understand how the system works before jumping into using it.

It helps keep track of assignments along with calculating grades. It makes it easier to show parents what their children are doing/not doing and how they're performing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PowerSchool Unified Classroom
PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Lotsie W.
Lotsie W.

"PowerSchool Student Information System"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of adding custom fields and creating web pages for our data.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reports are not as helpful as they should be. We have to create custom reports based upon on our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your integrations with other systems. PowerSchool offers the most flexibility of tying your systems together. There are many other systems out there that do one thing well and other things okay. The key is to find the best software for functions that they do well and tie those systems with other systems that do things well too.

Our Student Information System is the authoritative source of student information which means we utilize the information in it to populate all of our other applications that store student information. It is valuable for us because we have automated this information to feed other systems.

What School Resource Management solution do you use?

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Angela K.
Angela K.

"User- friendly Program for Teachers"

What do you like best?

Taking attendance is a breeze and creating a seating chart that allows you to use their school picture is a bonus feature.

What do you dislike?

Some classes have to be duplicated, especially per quarter/semester.. can get confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try if you've had problems with previous programs. It is user- friendly, especially for teachers or those who are new to the wave of technological use.

n/a

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Power School as used by a parent and as a teacher"

What do you like best?

As a parent, I like knowing if my children are marked absent, in real time, any assignments due, and their grades. As a teacher, I liked using Power School because it has an intuitive functionality, it is easy to copy and paste assignments and grade weights between classes and terms.

What do you dislike?

As a parent, sometimes being alerted for all grade changes can be unduly alarming, as grades can go up and down in the course of the day and some teachers can be behind in grading. The information is great, but it can also be overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A Pearson product, monopoly in my opinion

When I used it as a teacher as my grade-book, it was easy to keep my grades updated. I now use a different program for grading, and wish it was a user friendly as Power Teacher was. I use Power School for their Haiku pages for parent communication--it isn't quite as intuitive as I would have thought, but it serves a purpose, and you can choose to lay out your page like a wiki or a blog.

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Lucy  S.
Lucy S.

"Simple To Use"

What do you like best?

For the many reasons why I like PowerSchool for my school, is as follows. It is easy to use and I can make seating charts for my students, so if I have a sub I do not have to worry about seating charts.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how there is glitches in the system sometimes. For example, it can be hard to find a student in the computer system if there is a glitch,

Doing attendance and if there is a sub for me, I can doing seating charts through PowerSchool

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"PowerSchool is a great SIS, with the ability for customers to endlessly customize it to their needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to access the back-end tables, customize the SIS, and ease of use/intuitiveness of UI

What do you dislike?

Some inability to remove data (duplicate records if other data exists, due to the possibility of orphaning data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've never seen a district unhappy with their decision to move to PowerSchool, and I have yet to see a district leave PowerSchool to go to another SIS.

PowerSchool has the potential to be the one software to use for all student data. The ability to use third-party plugins and other integrations makes it the go-to for all student data.

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Nancy I.
Nancy I.

"Student Details"

What do you like best?

the seating chart feature is pretty great.

What do you dislike?

That there are some screens that I can't see. That I can only see my current students, and not the whole school. When the internet is down, I can't use it.

Contact information, class schedule, report card comments, attendance, seating charts

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Raymond K.
Raymond K.

"PowerSchool "

What do you like best?

PowerSchool is a comprehensive tool that allows administrators, teachers, parents and students to record and track learning.

What do you dislike?

Because it is such a comprehensive tool it is sometimes difficult to navigate and find the function or report you are looking for.

All school and student info is located in one place which saves time when recording and reporting student learning.

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"PowerSchool is Essential "

What do you like best?

PowerSchool easily organizes student information so that teachers have better background knowledge on students.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a little outdated and requires frequent updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily connects to grade book; therefore making grading easier!

Tracking student progress, holding student information and reaching families.

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by Ai A.
Ai A.

"PowerSchool"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface, stable, easy to use and learn.

What do you dislike?

Not able to manage class assignments or grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. PowerSchool added new functionalities which makes it much more efficient. I'll be getting training in this soon and will train colleagues.

Education

PowerSchool Unified Classroom review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Power School Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of finding students info. through icons.

What do you dislike?

Gradebook doesn't allow for much change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve.

Connecting and informing parents of student progress.

Learn more about PowerSchool Unified Classroom

PowerSchool Unified Classroom Downloads

Learning about PowerSchool Unified Classroom?

* We monitor all PowerSchool Unified Classroom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.