PowToon

PowToon and Slides combine the power of animation w/ Awesome design. Quickly and easily make stunning presentations for FREE!

Work for PowToon?

Learning about PowToon?

PowToon Reviews

Ask PowToon a Question
Showing 40 PowToon reviews
PowToon review by <span>Manuel C.</span>
Manuel C.

"Animated presentations made easy-ish"

What do you like best?

You can get professional results investing not much time.

The platform is being improved constantly, and they've been adding new design elements over time.

There are many presentationg templates available, so it's very likely you'll find one that fits your needs.

In addition, it's very flexible and you can start your own project from scratch.

You can also include your own graphic elements (for example, using a vector image generator to create similar images to those offer in the gallery).

Templates and graphic elements can be classified in different styles, so you can choose informal presentations, with funnier characters, or more formal ones.

What do you dislike?

There are some stability problems with the platform. Sometimes it crashes (just stops working well) and you have to restart it. Usually work progress is not lost.

If you're using one of the templates provided you can have your presentation done in no time. However, if you want a more customized result you need to invest a decent amount of time preparing a proper script for the video, adding new slides, looking for some unique visual elements to add, etc.

It takes some time to be able to use it in a profficient way, to a level that allows you, for example, to sinchronize perfectly all the different elements and texts as they come and go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some examples first to see if that's what you need for your presentation.

Try the free version, which can give you a good idea of how it works and how much time you'll need to master it.

If you choose a paid plan, bear in mind that some images in the gallery might not be included for the plan you're paying for.

This platform is focused on a specific type of promotional video, based in vector graphic elements (cartoons, images, miniatures, etc.), and and it serves this purpose perfectly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PowToon
PowToon review by <span>Hugo L.</span>
Hugo L.

"The best software for animated slides."

What do you like best?

The awesome thing that Powtoon has to offer is that it lets me make powerful and lively slides, based on existing themes and templates, that bring my work to life. Another thing that I love to bits is that I can add very sympathetic characters to any of the slides, and even make them move their bodies and mouths. The final and most exciting part is that I can add any of the songs that are available to my slides so that the final output looks highly professional.

What do you dislike?

The worst part is that this Powtoon software is that the abilities that the characters have to offer (like moving their mouths or part of their bodies) aren´t so many, and this might be a bad thing for people who are looking for a bit of variety. One last thing that is terrible is that the price for using this for your business is a bit high, and most starting freelance animators won´t be able to easily get this service in its premium form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s very easy to make lively slideshows with this software, but if you need more versatility, then look elsewhere.

The best feature I get from Powtoon is the ability to give my business presentations as well as presentations for clients a unique style that suits their needs (and mine too). Whenever I offer a slideshow I created with Powtoon, most people tell me that they loved the way I put everything together, and I get more clients.

What Animation solution do you use?

PowToon review by <span>Esmeralda D.</span>
Esmeralda D.

"IF ONLY EVERYTHING WAS AS EASY AS USING POWTOON"

What do you like best?

I think that what I mostly like is that creating an animation with PowToon is ridiculously easy. First, I get to pick out one from many templates (and there´s a template for any occassion). After a template is selected, I like that it´s even easier to add moving characters to every slide I have for the animation (and I get to choose from many friendly and gorgeous characters). The last part is that adding special effects and then exporting your work to get a final video can be done by only clicking one button.

What do you dislike?

I have to admit it, I love using PowToon, and this is the reason why it makes me sad to say bad things about it. The downside of PowToon is that it only lets you create slides only with 2 D characters (which is fine for some people, but not for experienced animators), and perhaps the worst part is that the characters and their expressions are very limited. The last thing is that if they offer this limited function, then they should sell the software for a lower price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PowToon can help any user with no knowledge in the animation field create powerful videos and explainers in less than half an hour. But you need to know that this is a basic tool, and you won´t be able to customize your characters, but only choose the predetermined characters, functions, etc.

I get to create myself (and in a matter of minutes) commercials and "infomercials" that I can use as a way of advertising my services and products. Then I can share these videos in my social media and new customers start to flood my inbox (well, not so many, but a few to make me earn a decent amount of dollars).

PowToon review by <span>Alicia Sarah V.</span>
Alicia Sarah V.

" Powtoon is a powerful tool that will make your slide - presentations engaging"

What do you like best?

Powtoon takes my slide shows to the next level, by turning them into simple 2-D animations. I mostly enjoy its simple-to-use panel, which allows me to click on a character, text field or shape, and then it lets me drag it to the slide, in order to create a unique 2 – D animation. Another great feature of this software is that it allows me to resize any character or text field with ease, by only clicking a couple times on the image. Forget Power Point slides and take your college or work presentations to the next level 

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like that Powtoon characters are really simplistic; if they were a bit more complex, this would also be a great tool for making quality animations. I also hate that I have to pay in order to use this software. Having said this, the annual suscription of $218 is worth it if you´re a heavy user of animated presentations , and it becomes a better deal if you realize the amount of time and effort that you´ll save when creating presentations and simple animations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon will be a great tool for you if you´re looking to create awesome college or work presentations with the mínimum amount of time and effort that you could ever spend. For me, this is even easier to use than Power Point, and a lot more versatile. However, if you´re looking for a software that lets you create quality animations for small clips or complex cartoons, then this software isn´t for you.

Powtoon is helping me deliver quality presentations by only investing a couple minutes in them. Every business (personal or big) needs to deliver a clear message in order to catch the attention of prospective clients, and Powtoon helps me do that in a really short amout of time!

PowToon review by <span>Jennifer B.</span>
Jennifer B.

"BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY"

What do you like best?

NOTHING COMPANY IS TERRIBLE DO NOT USE.

What do you dislike?

Out of no where a bunch of free characters and props upgraded all the way to Biz accounts only! Making all of my PowToon videos I had already created completely useless! I just upgraded to a Pro account 3 days ago and spent over $200 and deeply regret it! Find another software to use the company has no respect for their users. A Pro account is entirely worthless now as they removed most of the features! I wasted 3 days of work and $200, to be screwed over by the company!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not getting unless you are willing to be get a business account for $700+ and still be screwed over by the company at any time

Nothing

PowToon review by <span>Raj M.</span>
Raj M.

"Great tool for presentation"

What do you like best?

This tool is useful for animation and presentation. It provides cartoon animations which are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if this tool is able to provide more templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool provides a lots of attractive templates which helps user to design their slides and making their presentation better. So, this tool helps me a lot and I would like to recommend this tool for people who usually deals with presentations.

This tool provides cartoon animations which are very useful and fun to use. Apart from that, it enables user to make presentations in unique and dynamic way.

Learning about PowToon?

* We monitor all PowToon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.