PowToon

4.0

PowToon and Slides combine the power of animation w/ Awesome design. Quickly and easily make stunning presentations for FREE!

Work for PowToon?

Learning about PowToon?

PowToon Reviews

Ask PowToon a Question
Showing 43 PowToon reviews
PowToon review by Luis B.
Luis B.

" An alternative to create funny, animated and eye-catching videos"

What do you like best?

I like it to be an online platform for the creation of animations and all kinds of video presentations. The program has all the necessary tools to start creating presentations and animated videos with professional results.

Something that I also like is that the creation process is very simple and the result becomes videos capable of captivating our audience.

I like it because it is a very fun and animated program

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the program is only in English and that there is no version to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to capture the attention of people or customers use Powtoon.

If you want to be more popular with your friends use Powtoon.

If you want to express your ideas in an original, animated and fun way, use Powtoon.

I recommend them, it is an excellent program from which we can get much benefit.

With Powtoon I have attracted the attention of people and I have made known my business using the videos that I edited uploading them on my social networks

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PowToon
PowToon review by Irina D.
Irina D.

"As soon as I´ve found Powtoon I stopped looking for any other platform"

What do you like best?

The platform has a lot of templates of characters and visuals to build interactive viedos. Done very professionally and there are templates for any purpose - marketing campaings, product presentations, reports, infographics, ads, company story etc..

This is you who sets how the visuals in your video move and what they say (via writing).

You can share Powtoons with other users and thus your colleagues would be able to modify the same video. Powtoon is easy in use, although in the beginning you might find it complicated, it is not. Just do watch the explanation video first. The result is worth it. You have a wide range of tools and can save and post videos even with a free subscription. With a constant use I would recommend you to switch to PRO.

What do you dislike?

Free subscription lets you save videos in low resolution, it is OK, but for professional look you would need PRO. Powtoon is flexible and offers you good discounts as well. The max video length in free type of an account is 3 min, but this is more an advantage rather than a disadvantage, because you shall be able to tell long stories in a short way. You can also try PRO version for free, so that you can see all the advantages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To give it try, because in the beginning it looks complicated, but it is not. You can plan every second of your video in a handy way.

Making content funny and easy to perceive for a final spectator. Saving time as Powtoon provides you with all the necessary templates. Moreover you do not have to be a professional designer or video maker to create videos of a high quality.

What Presentation solution do you use?

PowToon review by Manuel C.
Manuel C.

"Animated presentations made easy-ish"

What do you like best?

You can get professional results investing not much time.

The platform is being improved constantly, and they've been adding new design elements over time.

There are many presentationg templates available, so it's very likely you'll find one that fits your needs.

In addition, it's very flexible and you can start your own project from scratch.

You can also include your own graphic elements (for example, using a vector image generator to create similar images to those offer in the gallery).

Templates and graphic elements can be classified in different styles, so you can choose informal presentations, with funnier characters, or more formal ones.

What do you dislike?

There are some stability problems with the platform. Sometimes it crashes (just stops working well) and you have to restart it. Usually work progress is not lost.

If you're using one of the templates provided you can have your presentation done in no time. However, if you want a more customized result you need to invest a decent amount of time preparing a proper script for the video, adding new slides, looking for some unique visual elements to add, etc.

It takes some time to be able to use it in a profficient way, to a level that allows you, for example, to sinchronize perfectly all the different elements and texts as they come and go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some examples first to see if that's what you need for your presentation.

Try the free version, which can give you a good idea of how it works and how much time you'll need to master it.

If you choose a paid plan, bear in mind that some images in the gallery might not be included for the plan you're paying for.

This platform is focused on a specific type of promotional video, based in vector graphic elements (cartoons, images, miniatures, etc.), and and it serves this purpose perfectly.

PowToon review by Hugo L.
Hugo L.

"The best software for animated slides."

What do you like best?

The awesome thing that Powtoon has to offer is that it lets me make powerful and lively slides, based on existing themes and templates, that bring my work to life. Another thing that I love to bits is that I can add very sympathetic characters to any of the slides, and even make them move their bodies and mouths. The final and most exciting part is that I can add any of the songs that are available to my slides so that the final output looks highly professional.

What do you dislike?

The worst part is that this Powtoon software is that the abilities that the characters have to offer (like moving their mouths or part of their bodies) aren´t so many, and this might be a bad thing for people who are looking for a bit of variety. One last thing that is terrible is that the price for using this for your business is a bit high, and most starting freelance animators won´t be able to easily get this service in its premium form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s very easy to make lively slideshows with this software, but if you need more versatility, then look elsewhere.

The best feature I get from Powtoon is the ability to give my business presentations as well as presentations for clients a unique style that suits their needs (and mine too). Whenever I offer a slideshow I created with Powtoon, most people tell me that they loved the way I put everything together, and I get more clients.

PowToon review by Esmeralda D.
Esmeralda D.

"IF ONLY EVERYTHING WAS AS EASY AS USING POWTOON"

What do you like best?

I think that what I mostly like is that creating an animation with PowToon is ridiculously easy. First, I get to pick out one from many templates (and there´s a template for any occassion). After a template is selected, I like that it´s even easier to add moving characters to every slide I have for the animation (and I get to choose from many friendly and gorgeous characters). The last part is that adding special effects and then exporting your work to get a final video can be done by only clicking one button.

What do you dislike?

I have to admit it, I love using PowToon, and this is the reason why it makes me sad to say bad things about it. The downside of PowToon is that it only lets you create slides only with 2 D characters (which is fine for some people, but not for experienced animators), and perhaps the worst part is that the characters and their expressions are very limited. The last thing is that if they offer this limited function, then they should sell the software for a lower price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PowToon can help any user with no knowledge in the animation field create powerful videos and explainers in less than half an hour. But you need to know that this is a basic tool, and you won´t be able to customize your characters, but only choose the predetermined characters, functions, etc.

I get to create myself (and in a matter of minutes) commercials and "infomercials" that I can use as a way of advertising my services and products. Then I can share these videos in my social media and new customers start to flood my inbox (well, not so many, but a few to make me earn a decent amount of dollars).

PowToon review by Alicia Sarah V.
Alicia Sarah V.

" Powtoon is a powerful tool that will make your slide - presentations engaging"

What do you like best?

Powtoon takes my slide shows to the next level, by turning them into simple 2-D animations. I mostly enjoy its simple-to-use panel, which allows me to click on a character, text field or shape, and then it lets me drag it to the slide, in order to create a unique 2 – D animation. Another great feature of this software is that it allows me to resize any character or text field with ease, by only clicking a couple times on the image. Forget Power Point slides and take your college or work presentations to the next level 

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like that Powtoon characters are really simplistic; if they were a bit more complex, this would also be a great tool for making quality animations. I also hate that I have to pay in order to use this software. Having said this, the annual suscription of $218 is worth it if you´re a heavy user of animated presentations , and it becomes a better deal if you realize the amount of time and effort that you´ll save when creating presentations and simple animations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon will be a great tool for you if you´re looking to create awesome college or work presentations with the mínimum amount of time and effort that you could ever spend. For me, this is even easier to use than Power Point, and a lot more versatile. However, if you´re looking for a software that lets you create quality animations for small clips or complex cartoons, then this software isn´t for you.

Powtoon is helping me deliver quality presentations by only investing a couple minutes in them. Every business (personal or big) needs to deliver a clear message in order to catch the attention of prospective clients, and Powtoon helps me do that in a really short amout of time!

PowToon review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY"

What do you like best?

NOTHING COMPANY IS TERRIBLE DO NOT USE.

What do you dislike?

Out of no where a bunch of free characters and props upgraded all the way to Biz accounts only! Making all of my PowToon videos I had already created completely useless! I just upgraded to a Pro account 3 days ago and spent over $200 and deeply regret it! Find another software to use the company has no respect for their users. A Pro account is entirely worthless now as they removed most of the features! I wasted 3 days of work and $200, to be screwed over by the company!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not getting unless you are willing to be get a business account for $700+ and still be screwed over by the company at any time

Nothing

PowToon review by Raj M.
Raj M.

"Great tool for presentation"

What do you like best?

This tool is useful for animation and presentation. It provides cartoon animations which are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if this tool is able to provide more templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool provides a lots of attractive templates which helps user to design their slides and making their presentation better. So, this tool helps me a lot and I would like to recommend this tool for people who usually deals with presentations.

This tool provides cartoon animations which are very useful and fun to use. Apart from that, it enables user to make presentations in unique and dynamic way.

PowToon review by Aditya P.
Aditya P.

"Amazing tool for animation"

What do you like best?

This tool allows to use various cartoon animations and it also has very good user interface. So, user can interact with this tool easily.

What do you dislike?

If more slide templates provide by this tool then it would be great. Apart from that this tool is superb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool provides various amazing cartoon animations which are helpful. Apart from that, it is very useful for making presentations more dynamic and unique. So, this is very helpful tool.

This tool helps for making animations a.d also for designing slides for better and unique presentations. So, quite helpful for me,

PowToon review by vaibhav p.
vaibhav p.

"Best tool for making presentations"

What do you like best?

This tool provides ease of use and also user can interact with this tool easily. It is helpful for making presentations in unique and dynamic way.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it provides more slide templates. Apart from that, this tool is able to fulfill all my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this tool for designing slides in unique and dynamic way and also to use various kind of attractive slide templates.

To make presentations effortlessly and also to use slide templates for slide design purpose, this tool helps me a lot.

PowToon review by Xisco B.
Xisco B.

"Using Powtoon in education"

What do you like best?

In our school (Sant Francesc, Palma de Mallorca) we have started working with Powtoon, especially in English. It is giving us great results, they also give you licenses so the students can make their own videos.

It has a great support, they answer all your questions.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult for me to add my voice, I don't know if I need a microphone or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon will give you a point of distinction

Students very motivated and very positive feedback. I can send videos to work at home and they really enjoy

PowToon review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome Video Creation App that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I can make great explainer videos or just small advertisements which I can then post on Social Media or add to my emails. It is fun and easy to use and they keep adding constantly new characters and props. There are so many options of different backgrounds including video backgrounds and many different looks from Corporate to Whiteboard.

What do you dislike?

There are at times issues with any browser that result in lags or unresponsive pages. This creates a longer timetable for me to finish the video. When you are on a tight schedule that is not a good thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create easy explainer videos, this is a great way to do it.

Creating great Videos to increase customers and enable reach across social media.

PowToon review by Anant P.
Anant P.

"Very helpful for animation and presentation"

What do you like best?

It provides various types of slides and also so many templates which allows us to make our presentation more dynamic and also it provides great user interface and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It is little bit complex and somewhat difficult to new user to interact with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool for making better and dynamic presentations and also to use different kind of attractive templates.

It is helpful for making presentations more unique and convenient. Also it provides various templates which is useful for me.

PowToon review by Aarav s.
Aarav s.

"Best place for developing cartoon animations."

What do you like best?

The various of Premade cartoons powered by powtoon is the best thing i like about powtoon.Also other things are great about powtoon like creating your own objects,better animations and much more.

What do you dislike?

I have used powtoon for about a year for developing demo ads for our games but yet didn't find a bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I greatly recommend powtoon to make great,enormous and fabulous animation videos with good cartoon characters.

We use powtoon to develop demo ads or cartoons for our games to attract more customers.

PowToon review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Easy to Use and Customize"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop design makes it fast to complete videos for small teams or those without experience. I also like that it is super easy to copy a video and quickly edit it for social and vertical versions. Templates are very helpful to get started. You can save your own colors, logos, and more to make staying on brand easier.

What do you dislike?

Can be somewhat laggy depending on how many elements are in the design. Also, some templates seem to "drop" their objects when you try to use them. Makes extra work to go and replace objects with red x. The upload your images and content has been slow, so this software will be best if you have quality internet service. I wish there were more options for poses within each character.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch out for promo emails on deals for the professional or biz level to get access to other free objects, templates, etc. It makes it much more valuable to have these.

Having a small team makes video production nearly impossible without a tool like this. We can quickly create videos optimized for different platforms. It's also been helpful to craft versions of each video that are better suited to social platforms using either a square or vertical format.

PowToon review by Ravi G.
Ravi G.

"Best tool for cartoon animations"

What do you like best?

It is very useful for making cartoon animations and also for making presentations in a efficient way.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about dislike because this tool is able to fulfill my all requirements effortlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very user friendly and also very useful for making videos and presentations without any kind of effort .

It provides ease of use and also very helpful for making presentations unique because this tool provides various slide design templates which is quite useful.

PowToon review by Jorge M.
Jorge M.

"Excelent tool for explaining a product or service"

What do you like best?

The easy to use I believe is the best feature that I like, since I´m not an expert on video editing. I{m an enterpreuner, developing a new product, and this is a great software for me to communicate in an alternative way.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have some more options regarding the characters / toons. But it´s just a detail, nothing too important. I have created several powtoons already, and all of them ended up being excellent. Maybe it could be usefull to have a paid plan for a particular work, so if I want a more profesional video, I could have that option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recomended for enterpreuners who are looking for a economic tool to communicate.

I can explain in an alternative and creative way, something I want to communicate to my clients or users.

PowToon review by Rakesh J.
Rakesh J.

"Great tool for animation and presentation"

What do you like best?

It is very useful for making presentations because it provides various slide designs. It also has already made cartoon animations which are fun to use and quite beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Nothing because this tool works efficiently and able to fulfill all my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend this tool for making great animations and also for make presentation unique and dynamic.

This tool provides various cartoon animations which are useful for me. This tool also use for make presentation more dynamic.

PowToon review by Urvik K.
Urvik K.

"Very flexible tool"

What do you like best?

This tool provides different types of templates which is quite useful for make presentation efficiently and also to make it unique.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it would make video personalization more comfortable for user perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very user friendly and also provides ease of use. One can use it to fulfill requirements.

It helps me to make my presentations more dynamic and also it allows me to use various slide templates for slide design.

PowToon review by Harsh S.
Harsh S.

"Very useful for animation "

What do you like best?

It provides beautiful way to animate our presentation and also it is very much efficient. Apart from that, it is fun to use and user interaction provided by this tool is make it more convenient.

What do you dislike?

It is quite better and more helpful if it enable more templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend to people who have need of making animated videos and also wants to make presenations in efficient way.

For animated videos and also to make presentations more convenient.

PowToon review by Tejasvi D.
Tejasvi D.

"Beats Prezi by a mile! "

What do you like best?

One of the most creative presentation software I've used so far. So many templates to choose from as well as the graphics are just amazing. The transitions are novel and will definitely make you stand out. From cartoonish to extremely professional - a wide range of options are at your disposal. While it can be downloaded to PowerPoint or as an PDF, you will lose the animations. However, it is easily accessible online and can be played directly from its site.

What do you dislike?

The website is really really slow. Even when you try to move a picture, there's a consistent lag. Inserting images is a pain because it doesn't let you pick the size you want. There's always a prefixed size for each template that you are trying to insert a picture into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with it. Don't give up because you keep hitting snags because the end result is truly beautiful!

I use it for class presentations and it's definitely getting me the attention I want! It's extremely creative and has a lot of flexibility in terms of how you want your presentation to look.

PowToon review by Stephan B.
Stephan B.

"Fun and easy way to create animation videos"

What do you like best?

Animation videos are a very effective way to share your message. Tools to develop these videos tend to be hard to use. Powtoon is quite easy to use with a user-friendly interface. You can get up and running in no time with a start to finish project time of a few hours. The time-scale and animation options are quite clear and easy to use as well with a little practice.

What do you dislike?

Although the selection for people, accessories and scenes is fairly extensive, there isn't enough variety, especially when trying to create a business-oriented video. We need more accessories and characters to tell the story. Powtoon as started to move in that direction by introducing animated characters, but there's still room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few tools to produce explainer videos, but powtoon is by far the easiest to use. At the minimum you can use powtoon as a storyboard or a wireframe to brainstorm ideas and then possibly move on to another, more complex platform.

Explainer videos are all the rage. But they are hard and expensive to produce. With some training and trial and error, we were able to produce 2 videos in a few hours. Although not fully measured yet, their impact seems to be worth the time investment. We've even used the videos embedded in our training ebooks. That seem to generate the most impact.

PowToon review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Fun and Exciting Form of Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of drag and drop functionality. I was able to sit down during my 48 hour trial and create a fully customized video using my own voice-over with no pre-planning or special equipment. Just my earbuds and an existing marketing email as a script. I couldn't help but buy it.

What do you dislike?

The saving / export doesn't work as I expected it to. I tried to do a video that I could customize by adding the recipient's name to the first slide. So I created the video and saved it. Added the first name, then exported it. Then edited it again, changed the name and exported it again. Etc... But when I went back to see each individual video, it had only saved the last version. I was just rewriting over the previous version each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just jump in and get it. It's worth it and it's super fun to use.

PowToon review by Frédéric C.
Frédéric C.

"Simple & fun... but too expansive !"

What do you like best?

It is like powerpoint : drag & drop the items, add sound & text... and your animate is done !

What do you dislike?

The price is ver very expansion for a SMB ! They force you to buy a yearly subscription...

so my advice is to open and account, and wait several emails, and then you will have a 50% discount !

That is how I suscribed the 1st first.

But I only made 2 or 3 videos, then I stopped using it.

What is nice, is that they didn't charged me again as I didn't use it since months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a just monthly or just for 1 video

Cut the logo at the end of the trial (15 sec)

Making sales vidéo

PowToon review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, but only for specific applications"

What do you like best?

Pontoon is extremely easy to use. You can go from a novice to an expert in under an hour.

What do you dislike?

Not enough variety and not enough control over certain animations. It would be nice to be able to manipulate the animations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick turnaround videos with in-house staff. It doesn’t give you control over the animations, and you can’t upload your own... but it is great for creating videos in minimal time.

Moving text videos

PowToon review by Shraddha P.
Shraddha P.

"Powtoon is an amazin tool to make class presentations"

What do you like best?

The way it lets you animate your presentation. We used Powtoon for a presentation and scored an A on it.

It lets us use toon at the same time makes it looks professional. The best part is we could record a voice with it so we just played a video for a classmate who was not available.

What do you dislike?

These should be more templates and graph types. We had to use graphs from excel to support our presentation and wished there were more graphs. Also there were few templates and hence we had to go with the most simple one. Would prefer more professional style templates

It lets me make presentations quickly at the same time helps me capture the audiences attention.

PowToon review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"The best "

What do you like best?

User-friendly and very self-explanatory, the animation definitely adds a great value to the presentation

What do you dislike?

the paid version, i think it's overpriced for individual users, it might be well pricedd for companies but not for students

I have used to create presentations at work and school, i like the fact that i don't have to stand in front of the crowd to present. i just create the presentation and play the video

PowToon review by Consultant in Pharmaceuticals
Consultant in Pharmaceuticals

"Virtually No Learning Curve!"

What do you like best?

Large library; ability to upload your own images

What do you dislike?

I have asked four questions by email on Thurs: one on buying options and three on usability. I have not heard back and it is Monday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Online help is not effective. It doesn't tell you anything you can't figure out for yourself. I've responded to emails from two different PowToons people and have not gotten a response. Still waiting (a little more than two days).

Spreading awareness on upcoming technological changes.

PowToon review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Powtoon in Schools"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to use a different kind of presentation software. Powtoon is perfect for students; especially students who are easily bored by a standard presenter format.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the initial tutorial is generally lacking information. I think guidelines and instruction could be a little more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing a one or two day mini-lesson on how to use powtoon. I would try using it at home or as a tool for teaching before letting students take it into their own hands.

Powtoon is far more interactive than any other presentation tool. This is especially useful in the classroom.

PowToon review by User in Higher Education

"PowToon"

What do you like best?

This was a creative, effective fun way to disseminate material rather than through traditional powerpoint methods. The animations were engaging and fun -- everyone loved it!

What do you dislike?

For the free version, you were limited in what you features you could use. Our university did not have a membership to the software.

I wanted to provide a presentation to students on the benefits of Single Case Research Design and this was an effective, creative way to do so.

PowToon review by Mara R.
Mara R.

"Great for student presentations!"

What do you like best?

These interactive and entertaining presentations keep my students engaged without too much extra effort on the teacher end of things.

What do you dislike?

While it's a chrome app, there are many features that are laggy on a chromebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check your system resources before requiring elements like a voiceover. Some machines and internet connections can't handle it!

Students have a new platform in which to present their work.

PowToon review by Dahyeon K.
Dahyeon K.

"The most Amazing Software I know"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, and the animation is very cute and witty. It also has a cute sound each time a new animation pops out.

What do you dislike?

It eventually makes a video clip, but I wish I could manipulate the pace by myself. It automatically makes a xx seconds video, and it was hard to press stop and play again when I have more to explain to my audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hope it could make the format of the files more compatible, since it can only be played via its website.

I mainly used it for my college presentations. It was effective since the sound and animation was amazing, and other students just use Microsoft Powerpoint, but it was a novel way to do my presentations

PowToon review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive and easy to use. Anyone can make animated videos with powtoon.

What do you dislike?

Since it is web-based I sometime experience lag, but that is due to connection issues not the program itself.

Engaging ways to communicate both internally and with current and potential customers.

PowToon review by Mario P.
Mario P.

"Easy learning curve and dozens of extra features"

What do you like best?

Easy learning curve and dozens of extra features Makes this app the best one I’ve used for quick animation videos

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the possibility of saving very short videos without the powtoon logo on the free version

Make short animation videos to include in our videos off product releases

PowToon review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"A fun, different way to present"

What do you like best?

The pre-made templates allow you to quickly and easily create presentations that are more entertaining than your standard PowerPoint. Also, the software is browser-based, no software to download and the ability to pick up where you left off at home.

What do you dislike?

There is a general lag on the website when manipulating objects. Resizing images is clunky. The undo button/ctrl+z undoes work on previous slides that you can't redo, which is really frustrating.

Creating educational presentations/trainings for the public regarding plan submission.

PowToon review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Slow, not good if you like to work fast"

What do you like best?

The cartoons look good but the overall experience is awful.

What do you dislike?

It's super slow. Then after you have your "Movie" ready it plays out of time, meaning it speeds up and slows down. Just an awful experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use Powtoon. Very slow and frustrating.

Marketing/ how to videos

PowToon review by Internal Consultant in Management Consulting
Internal Consultant in Management Consulting

"Unluckily, I was unable to build a real presentation"

What do you like best?

The end product is a presentation which stands out from the rest (re-markable as Seth Godin puts it).

What do you dislike?

It is advertised as easy... yet I signed in for a year and found it to be confusing and annoying. Couldn't actually finish even one presentation.

To clarify: I make extensive use of Excel, Word, Powerpoint wth animations, and most notably Video editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy!!

Making presentations that stirke the users as different, so I can get my message through. Unluckily, I couldn't use it.

PowToon review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Fun way to create video content"

What do you like best?

The videos are cute and pretty simple to make.

What do you dislike?

It can be somewhat glitchy and some tasks that should take 5 seconds end up taking much longer.

Creating video content to share on social media.

PowToon review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Fun Fast and Friendly!"

What do you like best?

PowToons made it easy for me to animate my own video presentations complete with a little jingle with zero assistance from a graphic designer or additional resource.

What do you dislike?

While I appreciate their need to market, I'd love it if the PowToons logo is smaller or only on the last portion of videos for free users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PowToons recognized the fans of their product and how many of us aren't motion graphic professionals and started to offer webinars and how-to's which really helped me take more advantage of the tool.

The biggest thing PowToons helped me accomplish was making more engaging presentations with limited resources. It was beneficial to have pre-made templates and themes to quickly edit my video.

PowToon review by User

"PowTown Review"

What do you like best?

PowTown is creative and engaging for students.

What do you dislike?

Ease of access. Not always accessible to students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to play around with the software to anticipate student problems and concerns.

Collaboration.

PowToon review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Horrible customer service"

What do you like best?

I used it only a few times, so I all I can say is it looks like it has a lot of potential.

What do you dislike?

Awful customer service. You can't just sign up for a year but have to agree to annual payments from your credit card. One year later they charged $128 to my card with no notice. I contacted them immediately and they agreed to refund my money and cancel the contract. Three weeks and several more emails promising a refund I still have received nothing. Next step is to call my bank and file a complaint against PowToon. Lousy customer service.

None. Was used only for personal use.

PowToon review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"PowToon"

What do you like best?

Powtoon is a great assessment tool to guide student learning and to implement creative assignments that students will love to complete.

What do you dislike?

Powtoon is very difficult at first when learning how to create a powtoon cartoon strip.

I do not use this for business solutions.

PowToon review by User in Internet

"I love this service "

What do you like best?

I love the pre-made animations and cartoons. It makes creating stunning presentations so easy!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to export videos with transparent backgrounds

The videos I make are more engaging because the stunning animations can keep the audiences attention

Learning about PowToon?

* We monitor all PowToon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.