PR Newswire

Build awareness, gain media pickup and boost online discoverability with PR Newswire.

Work for PR Newswire?

Learning about PR Newswire?

PR Newswire Reviews

Ask PR Newswire a Question
Showing 113 PR Newswire reviews
PR Newswire review by <span>Jessica P.</span>
Jessica P.

PRN 2017

What do you like best?

PR Newswire has excellent customer service. They are also very reliable in terms of getting our releases out at the correct time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that once you approve the proof of a release, it places it in a que where it could be accidentally distributed. We had an issue where an old release was sent out 5 times within an hour to our entire email list of beat reporters that we keep on file with PRN. I now don't approve proofs any sooner than necessary.

PRN helps us ensure we meet the Sec requirements in terms of who must receive our corporate press releases. They save us the time and effort of trying to maintain the distribution list ourselves.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PR Newswire
PR Newswire review by <span>Natalie K.</span>
Natalie K.

PR Newswire review

What do you like best?

It is a quality hub of information about the brands and businesses that my digital news company covers.

What do you dislike?

The search function is a bit clunky and does not always provide results that are relevant to my work or to what keywords I searched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific in what you're searching. When you do not find exactly what you need, it is often helpful to manually browse the site for relevant content.

PR Newswire helps with the news idea curation process that my team does every day in order to to our jobs.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

PR Newswire review by <span>Dayn R.</span>
Dayn R.

Timely News and Press Releases

What do you like best?

Constant stream of information and ability to manage PRs. Lots of examples of what good PRs look like along with a good bit of info to read through for more education.

What do you dislike?

At times, it is tough to streamline, or tailor, the incoming PRs due to the abundance of them! Almost sensory overload until you customize your prefs.

Getting our PRs out there in a quick and easy method and not having to employ an agency.

PR Newswire review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

Not great for healthcare news distribution, but a great platform

What do you like best?

I liked how easy to use PRNewswire is. I found the setup process, customer service and back end platform extremely easy to use and utilize. I was particularly impressed with their customer service team. They were timely in getting back to me and very friendly over the phone with the multiple questions I had. Additionally, I emailed them quite a bit to get help on adding graphics. They were able to assist me right away which was great.

What do you dislike?

While I loved the platform, I didn't find it to be extremely useful for healthcare news distribution. It went to standard wire services (mostly business focused) and didn't give me the pickup that I hoped for. I think anyone going into using this wire service needs to have clear goals outlined for pickup. I want others to take this with a grain of salt, because it a) could've been the nature of the story I pitched, or b) healthcare news wasn't the best for this wire. That I'm unsure of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go into the setup process with defined goals and questions for the sales team. That'll give you a leg up in comparing this service against other wires and if it serves your purposes. I didn't personally find it great for the healthcare story I put out over the wire, but perhaps I didn't do my research enough/ask the right questions.

Trying to raise awareness of a particular healthcare story.

PR Newswire review by Consultant in Public Relations and Communications
Consultant in Public Relations and Communications

PR Newswire offers good distribution - but it's pricey

What do you like best?

I like that you can issue a press release the same day without waiting. The distribution is also very good.

What do you dislike?

It's TOO expensive. Many of my clients are smaller businesses, startups or nonprofits that simply can't $1000+ to issue a press release. They charge extra for everything - images, word count, you name it. Trying to get everything in a 400-word release can be tricky and they charge extra for going over.

Also, I had an excellent account rep for a long time who would waive the annual fee - no longer. We shouldn't pay an annual fee when we're already paying too much for the service itself. Ridiculous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful - be sure to check out other services, like PR Web, for a lower cost alternative. Business Wire is the same as PR Newswire.

It does a good job of getting the word out. I think the distribution is about the best you can find with a press release service. It also allows for immediate distribution - no waiting.

PR Newswire review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

Quick, Easy, User-Friendly Service with Fantastic Reps Who Understand the Media Landscape

What do you like best?

I've used several distribution services, and PRNewswire is one of the easiest to use and offers some of the best customer service with quick responses and reliable support. Someone new might always be helping you, but their accessibility to previous discussions and releases is so simple and accurate, that I am always confident I am getting reliable information. I like that phone calls to review releases and confirm distribution are a standard part of the process to make sure all is taken care of, and I love how easy it is to access different clients for release scheduling on one platform.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced many issues with PR Newswire. If I were to request an additional feature, I'd ask for an easy-to-access updated count of types of releases left in existing accounts. (i.e. a photo release, an MNR, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended- great product!

PR Newswire is used as the single distribution channel for news announcements for all of my clients. All releases I work on, for all of my clients, is handled in one location, making the preparation process simple.

Learning about PR Newswire?

* We monitor all PR Newswire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.