PR Underground

PR Underground is a press release distribution service that helps you announce your news and promote your business through Google News and social media networks.

Work for PR Underground?

Learning about PR Underground?

PR Underground Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 42 PR Underground reviews
PR Underground review by <span>Rafe G.</span>
Rafe G.

Economical and effective PR distribution with superb customer service.

What do you like best?

PR Underground quickly creates opportunities for me to deliver impressive PR results for my clients. It delivers a solid foundation of coverage and media pickups that I'm able to quickly leverage.

What do you dislike?

I've been using PR Underground for several years, and I don't have any complaints whatsoever about its functionality, resulting output, and effectiveness as a powerful awareness-building tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great starting place for PR newbies, and a useful tool for experienced pros who have their own media contact databases.

I provide PR and sales support content creation service for clients in a variety of industries - including hospitality, food/beverage, tech, education, and media. These organizations need to have their news and developments shared with the marketplace quickly and economically, and PR Underground allows me to launch their releases in a professional and visually appealing manner. The resulting online news releases are easy to read, easy to follow, and easy to respond/reply to.

Once posted, I then send my news release's PR Underground link to my targeted, topic-specific database of media outlets and journalists, and I begin phase 2 of my outreach campaign. PR Underground is an ideal solution for phase 1, and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a provider of economical and effective news release distribution with excellent customer service.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PR Underground
PR Underground review by <span>J.D. B.</span>
J.D. B.

Great Starting PR for Small-Mid-Sized Businesses

What do you like best?

PRUnderground is a simple, easy to use product great for small businesses trying to get press releases out there on a shoe-string budget. We used it to promote our Evil Dead 2 Kickstarter campaign (which went on to raise 700K). It's great to pair with targeted press pitches. Not every press release needs $300 and a PRNewswire distribution behind it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the design of the site is a little dated. It's also hard to compare their more premium options with something like Ereleases mostly because both sites use a bit of jargon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have the keywords you want to target exactly right, it won't help you. (However that is the case with any Press Release distribution service.) They usually tweet out and share any press releases you put out through them, which is a nice added feature.

Finding a cheap and effective way to get press releases in front of a targeted audience. If you are a small business starting out, or you have small announcements that you're looking to get passive SEO for, PR Underground is your best bet.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

PR Underground review by <span>Tammi L.</span>
Tammi L.

Superb!

What do you like best?

PR Underground is like a straight shot to Google News for business owners who have their eye on SEO. I work with at least 1,000 clients a year and it's always been a fail-safe approach to my distribution efforts.

Also a plus, they're always at the ready to provide customer support if needed. So supportive. So great to work with!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Really pleased with results! I have nothing to add here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Google News on tap is just what you need at a price you can afford.

The SEO benefits to my clients' businesses have been so encouraging. In a great big world of overpriced (in my opinion) options for press release distribution, PR Underground is a welcomed game-changer. I refuse to pay what the "big dogs" require for basically the same coverage. They're my go-to resource. Happily so.

PR Underground review by <span>Ashley G.</span>
Ashley G.

Looking for great Press Release Distribution?

What do you like best?

It is a simple to use platform. They really "dummy proof" it for you.

What do you dislike?

I wish the option for sending out just one Press Release was a little more affordable. I know the lure is to spend 2x as much to get 4x more, but for the fact that you are getting so much less when you just want to pay to put out one, it would be nice to have a less expensive option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any questions, reach out to their customer service. They are great to work with & respond quickly!

It is enabling us to put out relevant information to our customers quickly & efficiently. It goes across a variety of platforms & we know the reach is good.

PR Underground review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

A Terrific Press Release Service at a Competitive Price

What do you like best?

PRUnderground reminds me a lot of Clayton Christensen's books "The Innovator's Dilemma" and "The Innovator's Solution." As you'll recall he talks about how disruptors often start in a low margin part of the business.... Nucor Steel making rebar, for instance. At first the disruptors ignored, because the big players have a higher cost structure. Then over time the disruptors begin to nibble away at higher margin products. Now Nucor has a higher market cap than US Steel. The way I see it, PRUnderground is young Nucor and it has a very good chance of beating the big PR outfits.

What do you dislike?

I Like PRUnderground's Google release. I like how they've recently added new outlets. I'd be glad if they added more so my releases get even greater reach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do an A/B test against whoever you're using now. You won't be disppointed.

My clients are frequently small companies. If I told them it was $600+ to distribute a press release, they'd stroke out. PRUnderground helps me sell my marketing experience and distribute press releases very cost effectively.

PR Underground review by <span>David B.</span>
David B.

Great product. Great service.

What do you like best?

The caliber of the service I received on the phone stands out to me. They professional, knowledgeable, and patient in answering all my questions. They were very upfront where their strengths and weaknesses were. They also took care of follow up items just as they promised. I seem to usually speak to a rep named Brian and he has always been a tremendous help.

What do you dislike?

Any items for this category have been minor. For example, the system does not allow us to hyperlink anything in the About Us section.

There is not the same level of review and suggestions for corrections from the newsroom as we had with Business Wire, but we also are not paying the same premium for that service.

If it is late in the day when using PR Underground's joint product with PR Newswire's iReach™, it is possible for PR Underground's version to go out with the same day date, but due to delays at PR Newswire, their version of the release may have the following day's date on the press release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am sold on the caliber of service I have received on the phone and would encourage others to give them a try. The opportunity for cost reduction is there as well.

The main reason we switch from Business Wire is cost reduction. Their joint product with PR Newswire's iReach™ has also saved hundreds of dollars each release with similar or better results than we received using the Atlanta circuit of Business Wire.

Learning about PR Underground?

* We monitor all PR Underground reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.