Practice Fusion

Find your doctor. Manage your health. EMR

Work for Practice Fusion?

Learning about Practice Fusion?

Categories

Practice Fusion Reviews

Showing 29 Practice Fusion reviews
Practice Fusion review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"A simple way to manage your practice"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Practice Fusion is that I can create my own forms or use any templates already created by the Practice Fusion team or community members. While my practice is small, it allows me to continue to grow the practice, and add new forms as I incorporate new techniques.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that the dashboard tells me constantly that I need to add labs, imaging centers, and pharmacies. In the initial setup I stated that I don't utilize those services. While I could possibly integrate them in the future, I would prefer that part of the system to be in a tab that doesn't pop up at startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Practice Fusion, I highly recommend it. When you first install, go through all of the setup and it will make your life much easier. Some parts are difficult to navigate, but if you go to the forums and look through the FAQ's you are able to use the program much more efficiently. You can even make your own types of appointments, charts, and letters.

I am solving many problems using Practice Fusion - namely the requirement for electronic medical recordkeeping. In two of my professions, that isn't absolutely necessary, but as a chiropractor, even without accepting insurance, I must still comply. Practice Fusion ensures that I comply with that rule, as well as all of the other regulations set forth by the government regarding Medicare and other insurance agencies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion review by Dr. Dean G.
Dr. Dean G.

"Free Certified EHR that is Customizable"

What do you like best?

It's free. You have a few ads off to the side, but do not interfere with work or charting.

It's customizable for SOAP/Chart notes. Create templates and statements to fill in. VERY front end loaded and time demanding if you want different way to say the same thing so they are not "cookie cuttered". But you can always just type away at you own speed too.

It's Certified EHR (compliant for Medicare/Medicaid etc.) They have software that keeps up with tracking your reporting for Medicare and Medicaid on their Dashboard.

What do you dislike?

No text message reminders for appointments.

Email reminders to gmail emails are helpful, but dont always sync with Google calendar.

There are minor charting issues: Diagnosis ordering, and a few printing of chart notes (Ascending vs descending based on date of service)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software needs TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS to patients. Only 1700+ others since March 2015 want it too.....

Patient chart notes and documentation.

What EHR solution do you use?

Practice Fusion review by Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.

"Remarkably easy to use software with some limits."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easy set up and it is free.

What do you dislike?

Reporting tools are limited, cannot integrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to integrate with other software using API, it is not an option. Reporting tools are limited. No ability to print lists of patients filtered by insurance provider. Both of these items were not a deal breaker for us, we have learned to manage.

Practice Fusion provides easy access to patient records and has streamlined the work our staff has to do resulting in less wasted time and money. Our outreach clinics have benefited tremendously, we no longer have to carry paper charts with us to remote areas to see patients. We can now access all of our patient data online. The integration with our labs also saves time and allows us to respond to our patients quicker. Practice Fusion has made a difference in how efficiently our clinics operate.

Practice Fusion review by Elias N.
Elias N.

"Not an intuitive interface, but okay for the price"

What do you like best?

We use it at our free clinic, where we can't afford the licensing for EPIC. Up until recently, the best thing about it is that it is free. It's also easy to log into from any computer, with no crazy installation requirements. The interface is simpler and more easy to jump into than EPIC

What do you dislike?

While the interface is simple, this does not necessarily mean that it is better. Patient information is organized in such a way that it is very difficult to view multiple notes and key information from each visit in an easy, quick way. I find myself wasting precious moments in between patient encounters scouring each note for pertinent information that would have been much easier to find on other EHRs. This has been frustrating. Simplicity is nice, but this program just does not have the functionality and options that better ones do.

We are tracking patient information for a student-run free medical clinic aimed towards the transgender population. Up until now, we have made do with Practice Fusion because they have offered their software for free. However we have just learned that we will have to soon start paying a monthly fee for each physician practicing at our clinic. As a free clinic, we do not have the funds to pay for this and may have to switch to a different EMR.

Practice Fusion review by Dr. Maria D.
Dr. Maria D.

"Free, but better than many expensive EMRs"

What do you like best?

First of all, it is free. Writing notes in PF is a breeze. Very easy to use. I've tested many EMRs for my practice, and none of them (even solutions upward of $500/provider/month) came even close in ease and convenience of use and many also lacked features which were essential for my practice.

What do you dislike?

There a few features on my wish list that I hope PF will eventually add, but none of those features are a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It's free, it's easy to use, has loads of features. Integrates with different billing solutions.

It provides me with a web-based secure medical records.

Practice Fusion review by Olivia R.
Olivia R.

"from paid to free: EHR services"

What do you like best?

Practice fusion has a great layout. As a scheduler, I love the confirmation/copay section for checking in/out patients. It has become easier to confirm reminder calls, and since I am able to save insurance information I do not need to go through databases each time to check deductible/copay

What do you dislike?

In the appointments tab, if blocked time appears on the appointment list too that would make my life easier. Also, if we could scan/upload insurance cards, I would love that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Efficiency. Because Practice Fusion has a user friendly interface, training new employees has been a breeze! As a startup company that is constantly growing, this is awesome!

Practice Fusion review by Christa M.
Christa M.

"Okay for a free EHR, but a joke that they will start charging 6/1/18"

What do you like best?

It is basic and user friendly in most aspects.

What do you dislike?

Several updates have been made over the past 2 years, and each one has made it less practical, or has disabled a much needed feature, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since they will be charging in the near future, do yourself a favor and go with a more advanced software.

It allows us to do bare minimum to run our practice, that is about it.

Practice Fusion review by Matt W.
Matt W.

"It just isn't good."

What do you like best?

Basically it is a blank page. Templets are a bit cumbersome. there is no customer support. The billing system requires one to manual resubmit to secondary insurances. All insurance info has to entered by hand.

What do you dislike?

Yes, that was the good part. The bad part is that it seems it didn't submit the insurances and I've lost tens of thousands. Customer service couldn't even figure out why it the billing section wouldn't boot up and I had to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company is going down into the flames to which I have consigned it many, many times. So, going in the right (downward) direction!

It drastically lowered my taxes.

Practice Fusion review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Excellent EMR system at cheep price"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Practice Fusion is easy to use it integrates with our practice management system easily and the system is MISP certified, and Meaningful use certified.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that Practice Fusion started to charge this year for their services. it is hard to meet MIPS requirements for Health Information Exchange, due to their limited number of physicians reporting electronically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system takes work to learn but when you learn you can save money by using Practice Fusion

the integration with Kareo makes life easier, I love that they submit your data to MIPS

Practice Fusion review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good for EHR in smaller settings."

What do you like best?

With Fusion it is a good program for a smaller facility to have the ability for going paperless and having an EHR. I liked that we could access this from any computer, so we were able to use laptops in patient care rooms which decreased the need for the physicians to dictate every patient encounter. It worked well with our scribes and nurses being able to use Fusion at the time of patient care for documentation which is what we mostly used this program for. This program did work overall well for incorporating one program in our facility for EHR, billing, imaging, etc., and even had a patient portal feature. I did like that we did not have to have several separate programs to access and could go directly to one software to get the information we needed.

What do you dislike?

When trying to access some features like labs and imaging, this program was not the best. It was slow to load images and the quality was not the best I have seen. We did get complaints from patient that could not access the patient portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a rep come out, evaluate your practice or clinic, check capacity for number of patients and records, how many patient's billed per month and records that will need to be stored before purchasing a set plan and a service plan. You may not need as much storage/usage as a larger facility or in case your are a large facility, you may need more, but definitely get a firm estimate of what your facility capacity needs are.

This software helped us to streamline our whole medical billing process as well as medical record charting in order to go paperless. It did help with speeding up the time we spent on anything from billing, to insurance verification, to processing patient data and medical records because everything was centralized in one place and easier to access than with paper charts and outdated computer programs and systems.

Practice Fusion review by Kristen W.
Kristen W.

"A little confusing, but overall it works for us"

What do you like best?

Lots of options and information in one database

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to navigate. I think I close out of one screen and I've only "hid" it. Hard to find some things within "Tasks" and I don't like the messaging function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is a good database and I would recommend it to colleagues.

Collaboration needs, interoffice communication, patient records all in one place

Practice Fusion review by Sylvia C.
Sylvia C.

"Free, intuitive medical software"

What do you like best?

It's free and very intuitive, and indepth of what needs to be covered for a basic family practice clinic.

What do you dislike?

Drug advertisements, but hey, it's free!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free software for emerging free clinics as the health care priorities of our country change.

Free software. No problems.

"Fusion"

What do you like best?

Fusion is best for scheduling patients from external referral sources and simple yet detailed SOAP notes. It has an extremely simple and basic interface. The interface is extremely modern and up to date with its color scheme.

What do you dislike?

Fusion cannot be compared to the larger EHR systems such as EPIC, Eclinicalworks, and Cerner. Fusion is in my opinion used for smaller private practices, possibly for physicians that travel from multiple locations. The simplicity of the system is also a negative depending on where it is being used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For others considering using fusion, its decent for the use of quick progress notes. If a better stronger more thorough software is needed for private clinic use consider using eclinicalworks.

The best part of the system for smaller practices is that there are no licensing fees for physicians compared to the large EHR companies. Those fees run in the thousands of dollars for each physician.

Practice Fusion review by Kimberly L.
Kimberly L.

"Part time user"

What do you like best?

The message system. I can include multiple recipients and forward as needed..

What do you dislike?

Scheduler is a bit cumbersome to work with.

The system provides access to clinical information necessary for obtain prior authorizations without physically copying records. That saves time and lots of paper & toner.

Practice Fusion review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good EMR for start-up health practice"

What do you like best?

Information is clearly displayed and there are 'smart phrases' that doctors can specially build and use for dictating SOAP notes.

What do you dislike?

The layout of appointments could be organized better. The health system doesn't offer a lot of methods for triage communication and document sharing.

I'm currently solving the fundamentals of organizing the health charts of patients on a work day to work day basis. This program benefits with simplicity and easy to use.

"Practice Fusion review"

What do you like best?

PF provides a free electronic health record system to record and organize patient's health care information. It is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that after one person has "archived" a message, then other users who have not read the message yet cannot see it or read it in their inbox.

We use Practice Fusion as an electronic health record system. We have realized it is an easy to use system to store patient's information.

"Yes but complicated"

What do you like best?

The program is awesome for people who like to develop or create and shave control of the features and control of the program they use. This is very detailed and accurate program with in depth information relating to any thing you can imagine that would be useful in a provider practice.

What do you dislike?

Its so smart some times its unaware of the simple little things like how much time it takes to enter all the information in the system even though it's already in another section. Double typing is a big issue.

We can be much detailed, accurate, and efficient with this program. It saves a lot of time when we no longer looking for paper charts for records

Practice Fusion review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"I use daily in my private practice"

What do you like best?

I love the template options! I can categorize what I need and put the appropriate options underneath.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new monthly fee with this software.

I never have to worry about if I remembered to pass information along. I know my fellow workers can login and see what has been done and the next steps

Practice Fusion review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"I'm the main user as I'm the office manager I book and put in appointments and add all data in "

What do you like best?

Love the ease of the program self teaching is always a plus. Customer service is fast!

What do you dislike?

I need to add more areas for data so I can put extra notes in and things that may not seem important but are to me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instant message for problems to tech support

I can email confirmation appointments and they can email me questions .

Practice Fusion review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"A Great Tool for Mental Health Professionals"

What do you like best?

This tool helps me to easily organize my “SOAP” notes and access information regarding previous sessions, goal tracking, contact/profile information, and Superbills for coding and insurance reimbursement.

What do you dislike?

The site can be glitchy on occasion, particularly when I access it on my smartphone

It enables me to chart and bill, the two most crucial aspects of documentation in my career

Practice Fusion review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Great software, pretty straightforward "

What do you like best?

It’s pretty straightforward! I’m not great with technology, but can navigate this pretty easily

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a lot of different areas for information to hide. The overview tab is nice, but sometimes it can be frustrating to find the specific information for a given topic

Ease of information gathering

Practice Fusion review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"Practice Fusion"

What do you like best?

Ability to free text and use pre-made macros

What do you dislike?

May not hit enough high point for upcoding for higher level visits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with and you’ll likely end up liking it.

No longer dealing with illegible hand written medical progress notes.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Very efficient. It works fast and well.

What do you dislike?

Changes without any notification. They don't inform you about updates.

That it is great to use for health professionals.

Practice Fusion review by User

"Good but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

U ser friendly, easy data input and fast reviewing

What do you dislike?

Faxing system is manual which is very annoying to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

You have to use multiple platforms

User in Medical Practice

"Practice Fusion for Holistic Practice "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, nice interface. Price was great, but with huge tradeoffs. Wouldn't use and invest a lot of patient information into without an ability to remove all patient data easily (even for a fee).

What do you dislike?

Unable to remove all patient records easily, must be completed one file at a time. Basically you were stuck after you got invested in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considered a paid option that doesn't make leaving impossible unless you know you will stay forever.

n/a

"Very odd look/format"

What do you like best?

Billing help/services are awesome. Easy to get someone for customer service. Pretty easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The look of it is odd compared to other EHRs. Reminds me more of an operating system. Not the easiest to transition between windows so you're searching and going back and forth.

Practice management, scheduling, day to day operations

Practice Fusion review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Does everything that you need, for free"

What do you like best?

Easy to work EHR system that's free to use, ad supported

What do you dislike?

Templates are still cumbersome to use effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a newer practice, Practice Fusion fit the bill until we needed more specialized support.

We needed to switch from a paper system to mostly paperless, and Practice Fusion became one stop shopping.

"i love practice fusion"

What do you like best?

i like the way it portrays the website. it's accuracy.

What do you dislike?

the website sometimes freezes & stops working .. i don't like that

practice fusion helps patients connect to the patient fusion.. 7 they can look p doctors orders ..their reports etc.

Practice Fusion review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"practice fusion"

What do you like best?

Clear and concise. Easy to use. Allows for appointment reminders.

What do you dislike?

Not free anymore. Does not do billing or email confirmations. Program can be more customer friendly.

clinical charting of clients; scheduling.

Learning about Practice Fusion?

* We monitor all Practice Fusion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories