Practice Ignition

Proposal, contract, payment - all in one document. Practice Ignition is a better way to onboard and manage clients.

Work for Practice Ignition?
Oraclebigmach prop  logo  2x

Learning about Practice Ignition?

Practice Ignition Reviews

Ask Practice Ignition a Question
Showing 14 Practice Ignition reviews
Practice Ignition review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

What do you like best?

No more chasing for money

No more paying credit card fees

The Engagement Letter is in the Proposal, so we don't need to send separately, wait for signed copy returned

Easy to create proposals, once the setup has been done

Year end renewal process is a gem

PI's link to Xero makes accounting for receipt of income automatic, and nothing for us to do since PI takes care of this

We have converted all but one client to accepting PI, and our 18 month experience has been awesome

What do you dislike?

I'd like PI to pull new client contacts in Xero into PI, or push from PI to Xero, so we don't have to duplicate this

PI requires a substantial investment in time to learn; I wish the step by step process was more user-friendly, and point out pitfalls

I no longer have to keep a close eye on receivables

Proposals are consistent, clear and concise, and easy to prepare for clients using the Services feature

Save on credit card fees

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Practice Ignition
Practice Ignition review by <span>Tim G.</span>
Tim G.

Professional, effective, work smarter not harder!

What do you like best?

Solved the age-old issue of detailing a well-written engagement in an efficient manner. Also enabled us to start offering fixed monthly fee packages which our clients love - it's great for their cash flow and ours. So it single handedly handles our engagements, monthly invoicing and direct debit payment processing.

What do you dislike?

I'd like it to keep growing and become more of a business intelligence tool. However, this is not really a dislike as through my interactions with Guy and his team I know they are looking to expand on the features which PI currently has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you handle monthly payments, retainer work, fixed invoices, or simply just require a more strict application of engagement protocols then you need this software. It's revolutionised our business and I am always thinking to myself 'what would we do without it'. I know it's targeted at accountants but I can't see why other professional service businesses couldn't use it too.

Engagements - stop the scope creep in work carried, be more transparent with clients on pricing, and fulfil professional association obligations all in one hit.

Payment processing - a cost-effective way to collect direct debits each month. The software also handles the bookkeeping entries which could make 50 direct debit payments monthly a nightmare to handle in the books.

What Proposal solution do you use?

Practice Ignition review by <span>Mariel D.</span>
Mariel D.

RAVING Patron

What do you like best?

We have been using Practice Ignition since May 2016 (going on a year and a half as of this review) and it has streamlined so many tasks. I used to use (and Pay for) multiple programs; when I found PI through Xerocon 2015, I was hesitant because of the monthly subscription. After an analysis, I saw I would not only be saving money, but time, and we all know what that means: more money savings. I was using Adobe eSign for online contracts and accepting payments through a myriad of processors: Bill.com, Stripe, PayPal, Intuit, checks... Practice Ignition wiped all that away. I love that there are templates for terms and services that are easy to update and customize per client. All of the payment options are great too: recurring, upon completion (with or without a down payment), estimates (hourly or price range), and clients can setup autopay with their bank or CC and easily update their info themselves. Another best thing: PI integrates with Xero, so the invoices are automatically created each month in Xero and maps the jobs to clients in Practice Manager - another huge plus for our time tracking. The ACH fees and CC discounts are good.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup of products and templates was a monster; so set that time aside (why we switched in May/June after tax season). I adore being able to easily customize a proposal now in a few clicks. The setup of the templates was worth it, and so easy to add new ones and modify existing ones now on the fly. In contrast to the things I love about PI, the downsides are that the auto created invoices, don't automatically get emailed to clients, so that has to be done (can be sent in batch from Xero), but I would prefer an auto sent email reminder be sent letting clients know, instead of us having to send and have customized emails to let people know NOT TO PAY, because it's already being collected. This isn't a deal breaker compared to all the advantages, but I would like to see this feature one day. The integration with Practice Manager (workflowmax) can duplicate client names; this may be an error on Xero's side, but easy enough to archive the wrong one. I wish the deposits were 1 or 2 day instead of 3-10 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. My only regret using Practice Ignition is that I didn't switch to it when I first heard about it.

Billing, Proposals, Job Creation, Lead Management, Renewals

Practice Ignition review by <span>Giles W.</span>
Giles W.

Best software EVER!

What do you like best?

The ease of set up. I set up PI from scratch within a few of days and this included me writing the various agreements as I went along. If your agreement templates already exist then you can be using PI within a day. My clients love it to. No more printing and manual signing of documents. Everything is on line. The UI is great and the dashboard will be your constant companion, as you watch your revenue targets grow and grow. Very satisfying.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything. I know some users would like to have the option to bill by the hour which PI does not offer, but that is not relevant to my organisation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have all your agreements in place already, then setting up PI will take no time at all.

We used to send all agreements to clients in Microsoft Word/PDF. Every proposal would have to be manually put together with our and the clients contact details and the various details of the agreement. Very time consuming indeed. A PDF version would then be sent to the client, who would then have to print off the proposal, sign it and scan it back. Very time consuming and annoying for them. Now all this is semi-automated with just a few click. Clients can sign on line. We have complete visibility to all agreements that are being drawn up, sent to clients, accepted by clients and in progress. The PI dashboard shows fantastic stats about your revenue, from recurring revenue to average client revenue. We use Xero as our accounting software which allows PI to automatically interface the sales invoice data into Xero. No more manual keying.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Steve B.</span>
Steve B.

Great ROI

What do you like best?

Once you have spent the time to set up your practice details & service details, this software enables you to really push the up sell to your new & prospective clients, with complete flexibility

Plus the cost of the software, really pushes the benefit, as is creates a genuinely high ROI

What do you dislike?

Why did it take me so long to find & make use of this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly if you're considering using PI take that step & sign up, the ROI that I have experienced from using this software, has been truly amazing and has brought my practice "out of the dark" of using paper form agreements and engagement letters

PI brings the application of Letters of Engagement, fee structure & payment all into the same automated platform

Practice Ignition review by <span>Andy S.</span>
Andy S.

No More Chasing Receivables

What do you like best?

PI allows me to collect payment information upfront from clients - when they sign the engagement letter - so I am able to automatically collect our fees instead of waiting for a check.

Saves us a lot of time in sending out proposals since we have set up our standard services and can add them to proposals with one click.

What do you dislike?

It still takes a little while to receive the funds after collecting from the client.

I would love the ability to create quarterly recurring services (instead of only monthly).

Makes me better about collecting engagement letters - which were always hit or miss in the past. Now we are at 100% compliance.

We no longer spend any time chasing receivables.

Learning about Practice Ignition?

* We monitor all Practice Ignition reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.