Practice Ignition

Proposal, contract, payment - all in one document. Practice Ignition is a better way to onboard and manage clients.

Work for Practice Ignition?

Learning about Practice Ignition?

Practice Ignition Reviews

Ask Practice Ignition a Question
Showing 15 Practice Ignition reviews
Practice Ignition review by <span>Shelly R.</span>
Shelly R.

"Saves me hours of work every month"

What do you like best?

Practice Ignition not only saves me hours of work every month, it also shows me how much money I have coming in every month, and how much is coming in for months to come.

What do you dislike?

Accepting ACH payments via Practice Ignition only costs $1.00, but it takes more time to receive the payment than I would like. Still, the automatic collection from customers, combined with the fact that I no longer need to generate monthly Invoices, makes it worth the wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tech support is amazing. Let them help you set it up.

I no longer need to generate invoices to clients, or collect payments from them. I know how long my engagements are and how much money I have coming in from all of my combined engagements. I have saved many hours of tedious work, and my clients have a very clear understanding of the scope and length of our engagement. Renewing the engagement each year is a simple click.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Practice Ignition
Practice Ignition review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"Thank you Practice Ignition"

What do you like best?

No more chasing for money

No more paying credit card fees

The Engagement Letter is in the Proposal, so we don't need to send separately, wait for signed copy returned

Easy to create proposals, once the setup has been done

Year end renewal process is a gem

PI's link to Xero makes accounting for receipt of income automatic, and nothing for us to do since PI takes care of this

We have converted all but one client to accepting PI, and our 18 month experience has been awesome

What do you dislike?

I'd like PI to pull new client contacts in Xero into PI, or push from PI to Xero, so we don't have to duplicate this

PI requires a substantial investment in time to learn; I wish the step by step process was more user-friendly, and point out pitfalls

I no longer have to keep a close eye on receivables

Proposals are consistent, clear and concise, and easy to prepare for clients using the Services feature

Save on credit card fees

What Proposal solution do you use?

Practice Ignition review by <span>Tim G.</span>
Tim G.

"Professional, effective, work smarter not harder!"

What do you like best?

Solved the age-old issue of detailing a well-written engagement in an efficient manner. Also enabled us to start offering fixed monthly fee packages which our clients love - it's great for their cash flow and ours. So it single handedly handles our engagements, monthly invoicing and direct debit payment processing.

What do you dislike?

I'd like it to keep growing and become more of a business intelligence tool. However, this is not really a dislike as through my interactions with Guy and his team I know they are looking to expand on the features which PI currently has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you handle monthly payments, retainer work, fixed invoices, or simply just require a more strict application of engagement protocols then you need this software. It's revolutionised our business and I am always thinking to myself 'what would we do without it'. I know it's targeted at accountants but I can't see why other professional service businesses couldn't use it too.

Engagements - stop the scope creep in work carried, be more transparent with clients on pricing, and fulfil professional association obligations all in one hit.

Payment processing - a cost-effective way to collect direct debits each month. The software also handles the bookkeeping entries which could make 50 direct debit payments monthly a nightmare to handle in the books.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Mariel D.</span>
Mariel D.

"RAVING Patron "

What do you like best?

We have been using Practice Ignition since May 2016 (going on a year and a half as of this review) and it has streamlined so many tasks. I used to use (and Pay for) multiple programs; when I found PI through Xerocon 2015, I was hesitant because of the monthly subscription. After an analysis, I saw I would not only be saving money, but time, and we all know what that means: more money savings. I was using Adobe eSign for online contracts and accepting payments through a myriad of processors: Bill.com, Stripe, PayPal, Intuit, checks... Practice Ignition wiped all that away. I love that there are templates for terms and services that are easy to update and customize per client. All of the payment options are great too: recurring, upon completion (with or without a down payment), estimates (hourly or price range), and clients can setup autopay with their bank or CC and easily update their info themselves. Another best thing: PI integrates with Xero, so the invoices are automatically created each month in Xero and maps the jobs to clients in Practice Manager - another huge plus for our time tracking. The ACH fees and CC discounts are good.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup of products and templates was a monster; so set that time aside (why we switched in May/June after tax season). I adore being able to easily customize a proposal now in a few clicks. The setup of the templates was worth it, and so easy to add new ones and modify existing ones now on the fly. In contrast to the things I love about PI, the downsides are that the auto created invoices, don't automatically get emailed to clients, so that has to be done (can be sent in batch from Xero), but I would prefer an auto sent email reminder be sent letting clients know, instead of us having to send and have customized emails to let people know NOT TO PAY, because it's already being collected. This isn't a deal breaker compared to all the advantages, but I would like to see this feature one day. The integration with Practice Manager (workflowmax) can duplicate client names; this may be an error on Xero's side, but easy enough to archive the wrong one. I wish the deposits were 1 or 2 day instead of 3-10 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. My only regret using Practice Ignition is that I didn't switch to it when I first heard about it.

Billing, Proposals, Job Creation, Lead Management, Renewals

Practice Ignition review by <span>Giles W.</span>
Giles W.

"Best software EVER!"

What do you like best?

The ease of set up. I set up PI from scratch within a few of days and this included me writing the various agreements as I went along. If your agreement templates already exist then you can be using PI within a day. My clients love it to. No more printing and manual signing of documents. Everything is on line. The UI is great and the dashboard will be your constant companion, as you watch your revenue targets grow and grow. Very satisfying.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything. I know some users would like to have the option to bill by the hour which PI does not offer, but that is not relevant to my organisation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have all your agreements in place already, then setting up PI will take no time at all.

We used to send all agreements to clients in Microsoft Word/PDF. Every proposal would have to be manually put together with our and the clients contact details and the various details of the agreement. Very time consuming indeed. A PDF version would then be sent to the client, who would then have to print off the proposal, sign it and scan it back. Very time consuming and annoying for them. Now all this is semi-automated with just a few click. Clients can sign on line. We have complete visibility to all agreements that are being drawn up, sent to clients, accepted by clients and in progress. The PI dashboard shows fantastic stats about your revenue, from recurring revenue to average client revenue. We use Xero as our accounting software which allows PI to automatically interface the sales invoice data into Xero. No more manual keying.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Steve B.</span>
Steve B.

"Great ROI"

What do you like best?

Once you have spent the time to set up your practice details & service details, this software enables you to really push the up sell to your new & prospective clients, with complete flexibility

Plus the cost of the software, really pushes the benefit, as is creates a genuinely high ROI

What do you dislike?

Why did it take me so long to find & make use of this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly if you're considering using PI take that step & sign up, the ROI that I have experienced from using this software, has been truly amazing and has brought my practice "out of the dark" of using paper form agreements and engagement letters

PI brings the application of Letters of Engagement, fee structure & payment all into the same automated platform

Practice Ignition review by <span>Andy S.</span>
Andy S.

"No More Chasing Receivables"

What do you like best?

PI allows me to collect payment information upfront from clients - when they sign the engagement letter - so I am able to automatically collect our fees instead of waiting for a check.

Saves us a lot of time in sending out proposals since we have set up our standard services and can add them to proposals with one click.

What do you dislike?

It still takes a little while to receive the funds after collecting from the client.

I would love the ability to create quarterly recurring services (instead of only monthly).

Makes me better about collecting engagement letters - which were always hit or miss in the past. Now we are at 100% compliance.

We no longer spend any time chasing receivables.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Terry P.</span>
Terry P.

"Slick and leading edge first impression with clients"

What do you like best?

Once set up its so straightforward to use and the impression it gives clients is first class and presents us as leading edge.

What do you dislike?

Can take a little while to get it set up and to become familiar with how it functions but there was guidance provided and help at the end of the phone - but doesn't all software need that time investing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to look ahead of the game in your industry then you need to implement this.

Much slicker on-boarding of clients, with clear terms and pricing set out from the outset coupled with integrated payments that match the job - monthly or one off, up front, or on completion... (or a mix)

Practice Ignition review by <span>Amy H.</span>
Amy H.

"Number 1 must have software!"

What do you like best?

It's the start and the end of the client lifecycle process. It's my number one pic for any service based industry that needs to engage with a client, get a quote & contract accepted, along with payments upfront or upon completion. You're compliant with every client and there's no more debtors with the payment feature. Best software around!

What do you dislike?

It's in development, but more options around the presentation and information, prior to seeing the acceptance page, to help introduce the client to your services and who you are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, use it! I'd recommend you engage with an expert however, to ensure your internal processes are adapted accordingly and that if you connect this with any of the integrated software solutions, you understand the impact of the proposal creation and how this deploys invoices and jobs etc. for best practice internal management in future.

Compliance and engagements, no more debtors, job management.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Peter M.</span>
Peter M.

"Multiple benefit client engagement tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to specify the services included in the engagement, and manage scope creep.

What do you dislike?

The set up process can be daunting and may be a barrier for some firms, but with PI support it's quite straightforward and positive return on investment is very quick.

(1) Reduction in debtor days, (2) reduced admin time on all three of engagement, debtor management and job set up, (3) management and reduction of scope creep, and (4) engagement compliance automated

Practice Ignition review by <span>Jeremiah K.</span>
Jeremiah K.

"Essential tool for our firm"

What do you like best?

PI has streamlined our proposal process and saves us so much time each week... plus it looks uber professional to prospects. By far the best thing, though, is having payments integrated into our proposals. We no longer have ANY receivables!

What do you dislike?

Pricey if you're not sending a high volume of proposals.

Forced us to streamline our proposal/onboarding process; Takes roughly 5 to 10 minutes to spin up new proposals giving prospects multiple options; Got rid of all our receivables by integrating payments into our proposals/engagement letters.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Joshua L.</span>
Joshua L.

"Making Engagements and Onboarding Easy"

What do you like best?

Practice Ignition has simplified and streamlined bringing on new clients easily. I can send out engagement letters in two minutes, get payment details and customer signature and never have to worry about collections.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike is that I wish it had different options for recurring payments (quarterly, weekly, etc.) beside just monthly.

The biggest benefit is getting engagements letters signed, getting automatic collections, and having everything centralized and organized.

Practice Ignition review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Amazing Software"

What do you like best?

PI has revolutionised our business. Our proposal take 1/5th of the time they used to take, we are much more streamlined and consistent in our proposals for clients as well. And the amazing part......money pops into our account on 21st each month without us needing to do anything manually.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all! We have a few extra things we would like such as improvements to grouping for dashboard reporting, but overall the product is excellent

Proposals for new + existing clients, budgeting, capacity planning, debtors, invoicing

Practice Ignition review by <span>Andy W.</span>
Andy W.

"100% Reliant on this amazing tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to build out proposals, how flexible it is and the ability to take payment - the FLEXIBLE payment taking one thing many signing services miss.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes payments take awhile to disburse.

Debtor issues no longer exist.

Practice Ignition review by <span>Paul M.</span>
Paul M.

"Lift off you biz with Practice Ignition"

What do you like best?

it is so easy to use

support is excellent

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that I dislike about practice ignition

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely

automating engagement letters & fixed price agreements

Learning about Practice Ignition?

* We monitor all Practice Ignition reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.