Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Practice Mate

3.8
(4 reviews)

Office Ally's Practice Mate is a Web-based medical practice management system for small to midsized practices with multiple offices.

Work for Practice Mate?

Learning about Practice Mate?

Practice Mate Reviews

Showing 4 Practice Mate reviews
Practice Mate review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Somewhat confusing"

What do you like best?

I like that you can file claims using this platform. It is connected with Office Ally EHR and Service Center. It took me a little to figure out how all of the 3 parts flow together but once you figure it out, it is not hard. They do provide a lot of free training. The customer service rep calls you and teaches you for an hour how to use the system. The training is free. They help you set your practice up. Their service center is free. You only pay $30.00 if you want to use their EHR. Filing claims is free and technically you can use their program for free just for filing claims. They are contracted with 5000 insurance companies, which is pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

It took me some time to figure out how all three parts flow together. For example, you make your progress notes in the EHR and use Practice Mate to file claims. There is also service center, which is purely for claim filing. It takes a little bit to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a lot of training from their technical support

I use it for filing claims. I like that I can use one platform for all of the insurance companies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Practice Mate
Practice Mate review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Use in private practice"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ease of creating and deleting my templates for scheduling. I can look at what I want to see in a patient's info and move on.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any negative experiences recently with practice mate. I wish it was easier to see when a message comes through from a patient.

Practice mate has made it easy to share information between clinicians. I didn't have any worries when I went out on maternity leave that another clinician couldn't find what they needed! Running reports to see what I've done has been very smooth.

What Optometry solution do you use?

Practice Mate review by User in Financial Services

"It does what it says!"

What do you like best?

I often travel abroad and work remotely in another time zone. Sometimes where I am, it's a day later than in the U.S. Practice Mate will not allow you to (accidentally) submit claims for a future date from the U.S., even though the date auto-filled based on where I am or my computer's date.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it doesn't catch missing "rendering provider" field; it allows claim to be submitted then rejects it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully learn all features and explore settings.

Quick and easy claims submission.

Practice Mate review by Administrator

"Good for small practices."

What do you like best?

Let my boss add in breaks and notes for patients and appointments; Copay information, etc.

What do you dislike?

A bit clunky, the system takes a bit to get used to but not too long.

Auto-fill patient info to schedule. Convenient.

There are not enough reviews of Practice Mate for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

RevolutionEHR Logo
RevolutionEHR
3.9
(18 reviews)
RevolutionEHR is a cloud-based EHR for optometry, RevolutionEHR is also a complete practice management solution.
Compulink Logo
Compulink
3.3
(13 reviews)
Compulink is an ONC Certified EHR and Practice Management software designed to help physician practices deliver enhanced patient care and achieve business success.
OfficeMate Logo
OfficeMate
3.6
(13 reviews)
OfficeMate satisfies all of your practice management needs and maintains and manages patient demographic information that is easily entered and accessed and includes such areas as marketing, recall, and insurances.
Crystal Practice Management Logo
Crystal Practice Management
(11 reviews)
Crystal PM is the total software package that enables optometric offices to easily perform all essential practice management functions.
Eyefinity EHR Logo
Eyefinity EHR
3.1
(10 reviews)
Eyefinity EHR uses adaptive technology to learn and adapt to the way you practice , saving valuable time and improving your patients' experience.Eyefinity EHR integrates with Eyefinity Practice Management, OfficeMate, and AcuityLogic.
My Vision Express Logo
My Vision Express
3.7
(10 reviews)
My Vision Express's focus is on providing you with full-featured optometry, ophthalmology, and optical software that streamlines your practice and increases revenues while improving patient experience.
Eyefinity OfficeMate Logo
Eyefinity OfficeMate
3.3
(6 reviews)
Eyefinity OfficeMate automates daily tasks in a practice management environment. It can only be deployed on-premise, and is suited for a wide range of specialities.
MaximEyes Logo
MaximEyes
(5 reviews)
MaximEyes software offers complete optometry, ophthalmology, and optical EHR, practice management, image management and medical billing solutions.

Learning about Practice Mate?

* We monitor all Practice Mate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.