PracticePanther

4.0

Simple and secure law practice management software for lawyers and firms. Case management, time tracking, & more

Work for PracticePanther?

Learning about PracticePanther?

PracticePanther Reviews

Showing 17 PracticePanther reviews
PracticePanther review by Rosaura G.
Rosaura G.

"The Panther makes life easier!"

What do you like best?

I really like the color coding for all of the users in the office. It makes it easier to see what is going on with everyone's schedules. Calendaring is very easy and the billing makes it a breeze. Inputting payments being made and withdrawing money from client trust accounts to reflect on their invoices is easy.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you cannot search in the calendar for previous clients or appointments by name or phone number. I also wish that we can select contact information when making an appointment in the calendar. I have to go to the client info to get a number and then switch back to the calendar to input the information. There should be a drop down tab after the matter is selected to allow you to select a contact number to add to the appointment. Furthermore, I would like the ability to make the font bigger on the screen. It is sort of small on my monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am still learning panther but it is getting easier to use each time. I would recommend this product to other businesses.

Billing has become a breeze. It is so much easier to keep track of billing since switching to panther.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PracticePanther
PracticePanther review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Easy to use but could do with some improvements"

What do you like best?

I honestly love how easy this software is to figure out. I didn’t need any tutorials on how to add a client or how to add a new matter. The fact that you can build links to templates so that the information we plug in can transfer to the template is incredible. Makes my job that much easier.

What do you dislike?

I do have to say that the fact that we can have two main contacts on a client name or company name and have them tie to many different cases as opposed to just one really doesn’t work for a firm that has a client that manages about 20 properties and each property has their own separate manager. The billing needs improvements to make more sense and less complicated as well as the refund process. Sending out invoices should be simplified as well.

We are able to easily open a file, create the documents needed and get them on their way within minutes because of the templates that Practice Panther allowed us to create.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

PracticePanther review by Administrator

"Best of the best that is out there - but can use improvemen"

What do you like best?

It is the best law practice management system out there. It helps us keep our cases organized and up to date. It is pretty user friendly and is not very hard to learn, you just need to make sure you put the time and energy in to it. It works well with our email system (Outlook) and billing purposes. Practice Panther is very collaborative and is wonderful at helping us keep track of how much time we are spending on cases in order for clients to feel that they are receiving something of value for their money. Their customer service line is very responsive, and we have built a great relationship with Ori and Seth on the Practice Panther team.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a sales function built it. Ideally, we would like a system that is the "end all be all" for our practice. Practice Panther covers about 80% of what we need it to do - which is great, but there are still many features that could be added or revised. Calendaring is sub-par. Little tweaks can often get overlooked by their tech department (we've been using PP for 2.5 years and there are still a few little nuances that could have been solved by now that would honestly make the software even better).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice Panther is good. It has the potential to be great. If you are considering other law practice management systems, I would go with Practice Panther. My firm and I spent countless hours doing research on the systems available in the marketplace, and Practice Panther is the ONLY one by FAR I was comfortable moving forward with. They are the fastest growing, most competitive system on the market.

We are able to streamline our cases and billing. We are able to make sure we keep tabs on where a case stands. Our team can access information from anywhere in the world with an internet connection very easily. This really helps make sure that our office is on the same page with any case at any given time.

User in Law Practice

"Great Software for an Entry-Level Firm or Solo Practitioner"

What do you like best?

Practice Panther is a really easy software to use, and has all the basic features needed to begin a small practice or operate as a solo practitioner. From invoicing to scheduling, Practice Panther is a well-rounded program that allows you to carry on your practice with organization and ease. In addition, Practice Panther has an application that works on cell phones and tablets, allowing the user to keep their practice close at hand.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Practice Panther is not an accounting software, and they fail to recognize the need for certain basic accounting options. For example, Practice Panther does not allow a user to generate a report or print-out with all of the client's financial transactions, such as money going in and money being invoiced out. This sort of report is critical for a well-organized practitioner who is closing out an account and would like to send the client an overview of their transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice Panther is very dependable software for a small firm or solo practitioner. It does not seem like the software is sufficient for a medium or large firm, however, for smaller practices it is perfect and decently priced.

Practice Panther allows me to solve scheduling conflicts since it maintains a master calendar where multiple users can keep their appointments organized. This has been a really important tool since physical calendars are nearly impossible to synchronize with multiple people, especially when these calendars require last minute changes and updates to keep everyone involved aware of conflicts and openings.

User in Law Practice

"Great for keeping track of the practice not so much for marketing."

What do you like best?

I like that we can manage the cases and practice data in one place. It makes running reports easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

NEVER CONNECT ZAPIER TO YOUR CRM!!! IT will keep sending over the same contacts and tag them all as clients. You end up with multiple contacts for the same client and have to manually fix the problem. And the standard answer is it is in beta so we can't guarantee it will work correctly. We disconnected the zaps and now enter both manually!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't listen to the you can connect to anything speech. It is not worth the headache. You can usually get a response pretty quickly from chat, even if the terrible response is we never said it would work right and no we have no timeline for it being fixed! It is going to be important to have someone help with importing data as it often does not work as it should. Also the chat within it is useful if everyone stays with the page open for the office communications.

We use it to manage our cases and it works well. We are able to access from anywhere which is helpful and makes working from home or travel easy.

User in Law Practice

"Easy-to-Use & Affordable For Solo Practitioner or Small Firm"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface: Contacts (clients) are linked to matters. Non-client contacts can be linked to matters as "relationships" (e.g., opposing counsel, clerk's office). Easy Invoicing: I can include billable hours, customized flat fees & expenses, discounts, & outstanding balances on other matters. I can upload & link files (e.g., docket sheet) to each matter. Customizable time entry categories & hourly rates. Easy mobile access.

What do you dislike?

Things I'd like to see: more customizable Dashboard (e.g., to automatically show a one-month period starting on a date other than the 1st of the month instead of having to reset it every time). Ability to assign payments to more accounts. An easier way to fix invoice/payment entry errors not discovered until after payment. Lower rate to add 1 person to account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out to see if it works for you.

I am able to keep track of hours, bill, and manage my practice using just one program.

PracticePanther review by Kira O.
Kira O.

"We tried this and I loved the interface"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed how easy it was to share between profiles and the ability to communicate via the website.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more of a dedicated phone log. That, in the end is why we decided not to continue using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use a different system for a call log, this is a great option. Customer service is wonderful!

Sharing documents, establishing tasks, communicating across the law office. The ability to do this in real time is handy.

User in Law Practice

"Effective online client management software"

What do you like best?

It makes sense to a non-techy person and the interface is very user friendly. I am able to find what I need easily and the ways pages work and the information is presented makes sense.

Also, the customer service has been very good and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could search other parameters - there are times I would like to search via a phone number or address and that is not an option.

Also, currently there is no option for a recurring billing so if you bill your clients on a monthly basis of the same amount this is not an option.

We needed an effective client management software for a large client base and this works really well. We were able to transition a server based firm to this cloud based software with minimal headaches and issues

PracticePanther review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"Great Support and Updates"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Support team responds within minutes usually and they usually have spot on answers.

What do you dislike?

There has been an addition of feature that requires further payment, even though the original marketing advertise no further payments for updates.

Management of client files, billing, and expenses.

PracticePanther review by Brittany W.
Brittany W.

"Much better than previous software "

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed using this product because it was much user friendly and cheaper than Clio

What do you dislike?

It was a little overwhelming when I first opened it, but the video to help was useful

Much cheaper and user friendly

PracticePanther review by Frederick L.
Frederick L.

"Great billing program"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Easy to learn. Relatively inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

Still missing some features that I had when I used Timeslips, but they are slowly catching up.

Billing, scheduling

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn. Very simple, logical layout.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had a cloud for document uploads and email so that we had a complete client's file in one place.

So quick and easy to create detailed invoices, and time tracking helps us better manage our work day.

PracticePanther review by Mary Madeline R.
Mary Madeline R.

"great customer service"

What do you like best?

they have phenom customer service; the program itself is not that great and doesn't integrate with outlook

What do you dislike?

doesn't integrate with programs you use every day like outlook

great customer service

PracticePanther review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Probably better than MyCase..."

What do you like best?

It was a lot more user friendly than MyCase. I liked how it integrated into my law firm's other systems.

What do you dislike?

I think too many things needed to be put in manually when I believe it could have populated automatically. Didn't work as well with my personal injury workflows as it did my civil/family ones.

The demo helped me create my own organizational system. We went with MyCase for the price ultimately.

User in Law Practice

"Excellent interface, great customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. Easy to read, great for "at a glance" metrics

What do you dislike?

As they get more popular, less willing to give discounts--to be expected...

Easy to track and communicate with clients and handle billing

"Practice Panther Review"

What do you like best?

Practice Panther contains nearly everything needed to manage a practice.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike with Practice Panther.

Practice Panther has streamlined our ability to bill and manage cases effectively.

PracticePanther review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Attorney at Law"

What do you like best?

Billing system is good. its easy to use and easy to keep track.

What do you dislike?

How everything sync together. its hard to know how the whole thing work together.

Matter management

Learning about PracticePanther?

* We monitor all PracticePanther reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.