Precursive

Precursive is a nimble resource management app that anybody can use, combining scheduling, timesheeting and reporting in one easy-to-use space.

Work for Precursive?

Showing 14 Precursive reviews
Precursive review by <span>Bradley D.</span>
Bradley D.

Integration and customer service

What do you like best?

As the admin for the product I love the integration with Salesforce. Precursive's support team has been fantastic and one of the most responsive teams I've ever worked with. Kate is the best and is always on top of things. The time difference wasn't a big deal since I would often get my questions off to them early in the morning my time and they would respond back very quickly.

What do you dislike?

We ran into a few logic issues with the Salesforce automation but it was often as simple as a date not making sense on our Salesforce opportunity. I would like to see the implementation of a true PTO approval workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Salesforce then this product will be the one for you. Their ability to integrate into Salesforce, creating new jobs and assigning jobs to staff was a fantastic improvement over our old process and far better than other options I found.

Our old method of collecting time was manual excel files. With Precursive we were able to add in workflow approval, expense workflow, and time off tracking. My users also were able to use the Salesforce1 app in order to enter their time, which was a nice benefit for our employees in the field who are not always around a computer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Precursive
Precursive review by <span>Katrina H.</span>
Katrina H.

Easy timesheet submissions

What do you like best?

Precursive has helped us keep track of our growing team and manage timesheets. Before Precursive, it was an absolute nightmare to see who had submitted their timesheets on time, and check whether the information was correct. Now we can just run a report, and users get email reminders automatically.

It’s also great getting project and financial information through from Salesforce automatically via the integration.

Our engineers also love being able to submit their timesheets on mobile!

What do you dislike?

Precursive has to integrate with another app to generate invoices

Our data is so much more accurate and it’s saved hours of time reformatting information from spreadsheets. We’ve set up a system where projects come through to Precursive from Salesforce when they’re about to close, so we can forecast what skills will be needed before the deal closes. Makes planning so much easier.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Precursive review by <span>Harrison F.</span>
Harrison F.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Precursive seems to be easy to navigate.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Precursive is that I can easily enter in my hours for the week, and it only takes a few seconds. This is nice because it doesn't take too long and distract me from other things I'm working on.

What do you dislike?

One of the first times I used Precursive, there was a glitch that wouldn't let me enter in a holiday. I ended up figuring out how to do it, but not after quite some time.

It solves the "business problem" of punching my hours in on a time clock. Its just as accurate and gives more autonomy to the employees.

Precursive review by <span>Michael F.</span>
Michael F.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Neat system hides the complexity behind an intuitive interface.

What do you like best?

Real time data entry (no save button), the slick user interface, low bandwidth synchronous connectivity.

What do you dislike?

Lack of borders on time entry table, bank holiday recording, learning curve in implementation, some issues with availability, dependency on constant internet connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Design the team & project groupings before attempting to begin setting up

Ensure the design allows for scalability

Hold back from granular time recording until the process has been bedded in

Time spent on each activity provides an idea of the cost

Precursive review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

Pretty good

What do you like best?

Ease of use for end users to create time sheets. Support has been very good!

What do you dislike?

The resource management functionality isn't very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine how important integration with SFDC is. If its your #1 need then this might be the tool for you. If not they maybe a more out of the box tool for you.

Tracking Users time.

Integration with SFDC is the key feature for us. We are heavy SFDC users and this integration help automate our processes. Once we got the reports/dashboards up and running they have been ease to use .

Precursive review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Needs work, but shows potential

What do you like best?

Once you have become used to the idiosyncrasies of Precursive, it is a fast and thus far reliable timesheet system.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is non-intuitive, at time infuriating, and not at all easy to learn. Finding your own records is nigh impossible, you cannot track your annual allowance of paid holidays, and needing to add "normal time" for normal work time ever single week is infuriating. It should just be there by default. Also, you can't submit future holiday notification, so it doesn't provide a heads-up and reminder to HR/management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy.

Relatively fast timesheet completion.

Learning about Precursive?

* We monitor all Precursive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.