Predictive Index Workforce Assessment

4.7

The Predictive Index Workforce Assessment is a tool that objectifies workplace behaviors to predict the drives and motivations of others, be a better manager, and communicate more effectively, it scientifically-validated assessment that measures four core behavioral drives where these drives fall creates a behavioral pattern that provides a simple framework for understanding the workplace behaviors of people.

Work for Predictive Index Workforce Assessment?

Learning about PI Assessment?

Compare Predictive Index Workforce Assessment to Similar Solutions

Predictive Index Workforce Assessment Reviews

Ask PI Assessment a Question
Showing 70 PI Assessment reviews
PI Assessment review by Wendy K.
Wendy K.

"New to AI and I really like it!"

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation. They make it so easy to send out the Assessment tool and they do the analysis for you. I really like the proposed Interview Questions they provide. It helps me as questions to figure out why/how someone scored a certain way.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Job Assessment seems totally wrong. Once a Job Assessment has been established, it cannot be changed. The tool just doesn't always seem to assess the position correctly. That could also be user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for pre-screening applicants as well as increasing communication between current employees.

We are new to PI, but we are utilizing it for all new hires and will be rolling it out the rest of our team this fall. Hopefully, it will help us with our hiring decisions, but for our current employees, it should help us understand how to communicate with each other better.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Predictive Index Workforce Assessment
PI Assessment review by Shaun  R.
Shaun R.

"Predictive Index- A Wonderful Tool"

What do you like best?

Predictive Index (PI) has been a true asset to our organization. PI aids in assessing candidates and matching them to our open requisitions as well as identifying and developing leaders within the company. I have had opportunity to use this tool in aiding communication and interpersonal awareness with our leadership teams. PI's updates have been very useful and even fun to work with.

What do you dislike?

If I had to site one area for PI to develop, it would be in their software updates. It would be helpful for users to know what is coming down the pike in this regard.PI is extremely responsive to customer requests and has been wonderful to work with on issues if presented. Follow up is always quick and accurate.

Retention was our main reasoning for bringing PI on board as a tool. It has certainly aided in this regard. We are also using PI as a development and communication tool for leaders.

What Pre-Employment Testing solution do you use?

PI Assessment review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Essential tool for developing workplace relationships"

What do you like best?

The assessment and tools are easy to use and understand with some training and practice. We can get a lot of insight and start great conversations based on the information we get from the tool. I love having access to the beta development site. New tools are frequently being introduced and existing tools and workflows are being tweaked. This helps me improve our implementation and start thinking about new and different ways to utilize information from PI with our colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I want to develop deeper expertise in interpreting PI results. The forums are great for asking questions and the initial training I received was a great start, but I'd love to read something with some deep knowledge or get the opportunity to hear from some deep subject matter experts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many ways you can go with this tool. You may become interested as a solution for one area, but I'd encourage you to look at the other areas that could also benefit your organization.

This has been a great tool for establishing a common vocabulary and understanding about work styles, behaviors, and motivating needs. We've been able to use the behavioral assessment to facilitate new teams coming together, discuss relationships and work styles within a team, and work with leaders in how they can manage individuals and teams more effectively.

PI Assessment review by Jamie R.
Jamie R.

"Understanding how to interact with employees is great!"

What do you like best?

As a manager PI allows me to get a feel for new candidates as well as understand how my current employees best process information. This makes the management process better for myself and for my direct reports.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of subtle differences between the various levels and keeping all of those in mind when looking through a candidate's PI can be daunting. The manuals are helpful. but it can be time-consuming to refer to every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using PI under certain circumstances. It works well in situations where there is a lot of communication between employees and departments.

Overall the communication between employees has improved as we have rolled out the PI system across the organization. This process has helped to decrease friction points by introducing a new understanding amongst everyone on how best to approach each other.

PI Assessment review by Leslie B.
Leslie B.

"Why Everyone Needs Predictive Index Software in their Company - No Exceptions"

What do you like best?

Understanding that the drives of people creates needs producing a response called behavior and being able to categorize those behaviors in a concise manner that can be interpreted consistently in order to help bring out the best for both individuals as well as for the company. Any solution that creates a Win/Win is incredible in my book! PI Software does exactly that. While initially my interest was to use this tool for recruiting, it has become invaluable in further helping our company to better understand each other.

What do you dislike?

Honestly? That I did not learn about this scientifically backed software package sooner to receive the licensing and training sooner. I am thinking of how many problems are being proactively resolved on the front-end. If you think of it in terms of Quality Assurance programs, then it is vital for every company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once a company starts to use the PI Software and allows 3 to 6 months to learn as much as possible about it, you will find it hard to believe how you were attempting to function without it. I am saving myself and my organization a lot of money in time savings, in improved candidate interviews, in stronger and better fits for the positions each individual is applying for.

There are multiple benefits, the first being recruiting the best fit candidates, then with improving internal communication styles within our organization.

PI Assessment review by Deron P.
Deron P.

"Incredible insights to build an understanding of you and your team."

What do you like best?

Simple process that allows me to see what motivates my teammates and how I can participate to make the team more effective. I have had many "ah-ha" moments facilitating and participating in events using the Predictive Index and it has made a difference for our teams.

What do you dislike?

The administration on the website is excellent for individuals or small groups, but when trying to do analytics for larger groups you have to break them down into smaller subsets. Also there are functions on the website that do not work and need work-arounds. Website can be unstable at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend PI to other organizations looking for a way to identify behaviors and motivating needs of their workforce and potential hires.

Team conflict and building relationships

Individual understanding of behaviors and motivating needs

Understanding candidate fit with job profiles and developing targeted interview questions to address significant differences

PI Assessment review by Joy S.
Joy S.

"The Predictive Index: Making Better Hires, Building Better Teams"

What do you like best?

• Ease of administration: The two question survey is not intimidating to candidates taking the assessment. It doesn't take a great deal of time or instruction to complete.

• The detail contained in the graph and full report is extremely helpful in not only matching candidates to available positions, but it aids the interviewer during the interview process.

• The PI results assist in formulating effective training programs for your new hires.

• Team building. The assessment is a valuable tool in building teams that mesh well.

• Communication. The assessment is very valuable in aiding with effective interpersonal communication training within your organization.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything I dislike with The Predictive Index.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend giving it a try. Once you see how it can help you and your business be more successful in such a variety of ways you won't want to go without it.

Lower turnover. We are better able to match job candidates to open positions so employees are doing work that is a match for them and what motivates them.

Improved communication. The PI has enabled me to help employees work better together by allowing me to learn about each person's communication style. There have been many times I have been able to give advice to employees on changing communication approaches with co-workers which lead to better working relationships between them.

PI Assessment review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"PI is sooo addictive - How can I live with out it? "

What do you like best?

I love that I can look at a PI report and be able to quickly identify how they operate normally. I also leverage the tool to position people in workshops based on their PI report. I will sit an introspective person next to an extravert so that someone will talk in the group and someone will be thoughtful and listen. It works!!!! This tool is used for so many key areas. It has been used for Coaching, team building, interview and selection, as well as helping improve classroom learning dynamics. When you arrive to the operations center, you will see Placards where everyone sits. This helps us quickly learn how to best work with that individual. People use the language and it is becoming part of the culture.

What do you dislike?

At first it was intimidating. There are various ways to interpret the data. There was very little information about the "m" score in our books. For our formal individuals, not seeing it in writing drives them crazy as far as what it really means.

So many added benefits. I truly believe in PI. It is so helpful with team building. I have been able to help teams be more cohesive by using these tools.

PI Assessment review by Jeremy K.
Jeremy K.

"Why PI?"

What do you like best?

The Predictive Index gives you key insights into what motivates a potential candidate. Using the drives that are measured, you can coach and manage new recruits in an effective and positive manner. There is no mistaking how people will respond to environmental stimuli. The new website offers detailed information and graphs about your candidate. This can be used to help administrators that need a visual representation about the person they are coaching or working with.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the new site does not have a print feature yet. The is much more information, but no way to print it off, yet!

Using the PI, we can tell who will be a fit and how will most likely not fit with our organization. We currently have every candidate complete the assessment before we hire. This allows us to get a glimpse of their personality and what drives them. We can see if they are social people or if they are more likely to be a driver of change. We can see if they will be patient with customers or if they will need coaching in that regard.

"Amazing product! "

What do you like best?

PI has allowed us to not only hire better, but maximize the effectiveness of our managers and employees. It has given us insights into our employees that we didn't have before and we can use that information to learn how to manage them better, equip them with the tools and support they need to be successful, and manage their performance.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about predictive index (if I had to choose something) would be the complexity of the patterns. If you haven't been through the training, it can be complicated to read, but the training is incredibly informative and I recommend it to anyone using PI.

We have solved a number of challenges, including managerial effectiveness. We have equipped our managers with insights about their team so they know how to better manage each employee on their team, as well as play to their strengths and improve upon their weaknesses. This has allowed us to effectively delegate assignments and improve employee engagement. It also helps us put the right employees in the right positions.

PI Assessment review by Miranda N.
Miranda N.

"Makes Hiring, Coaching, Teams & Managers Better/Easier/Smarter"

What do you like best?

I love the accuracy. Assessments in my experience have been right around 99% accurate. I like that you're given practical and TACTICAL information to apply to hiring practices, management coaching, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike, but I wish there were more resources. They're working on consistently pushing out content and resources, but as a power user, it's just not fast enough for us. We're always looking to level up our PI efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use this product if you have a true interest in advocating for its accuracy and leveraging it to positively impact business outcomes. It's limitless in its application - be it conflict resolution, management readiness evaluation, management coaching, conducting better interviews and improving how your org/managers communicate with people.

Hiring - We're able to address potential challenges for candidates related to the role, the team, manager or the org based on their index and what's required in the job.

Engagement: We're coaching managers to use PI Management Strategies to improve performance, motivation and communication with their team members.

PI Assessment review by Nathaniel R.
Nathaniel R.

"Making Smart Decisions Easier"

What do you like best?

We have successfully funneled through 100's of applicants in a streamlined manner. If you let a face to face interview be the initial part of your hiring process, think about the time spent interviewing every candidate that comes across. PI has shortened a list of 50 candidates to 10, saving us countless hours of man time.

What do you dislike?

This program could easier be made into a scare tactic if you aren't properly trained. Like all powerful tools, this can easily be put in the wrong hands. I strongly encourage getting training on this software prior to its use.. You can damage your company early on if you're not careful in this practice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the training serious so that your can become a strong advocate of PI. There are many moving pieces in the hiring process. This should make it easier, not harder. This is only a survey, not a test or knowledge assessment. Make that clear with any cadidates.

We are made it easier to boost moral in learning our managers workplace drives and motivational factors. We have realized what problems we have in our company and where they stem from. By utilizing driving factors and understanding how managers communicate, we have rebuilt some of our teams to allow them to work fluently together.

PI Assessment review by Lisa N.
Lisa N.

"To thine own self be true."

What do you like best?

I like that by administering these assessments and incorporating them into our recruiting and hiring practices we are actively trying to make work less of a chore for each employee. When you are hired to do a job that the requirements of that job match your natural behavioral style. Work seems less like work and more enjoyable when what you are doing comes naturally to you. Matching the right people to the right positions became significantly easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't volumes and volumes of online information about every aspect of the science behind predictive index. There will be in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you use Predictive Index Workforce Assessment in your recruiting and hiring process, you not only are truly looking for the best candidate and best behavioral match for the company, you are also validating that you would like for those people to be happy and have a wonderful experience working for your company. It is a two way street and we cannot forget to value the employees and their happiness as well.

Knowing what you don't want it really important when you analyze current personnel issues. Going forward, you know better what to look for. Getting a pro in place for positions is key to analyzing what the issue could be as well as how to possibly correct it. Knowing how someone naturally behaves versus how a position was originally set up can help you either alter the position or find a better fitting position for your employee.

PI Assessment review by Joni J.
Joni J.

"A wonderful HR tool"

What do you like best?

An efficient and effective tool for 1)helping your managers actually identify the kind of person they are looking for for a role and then 2) helping them screen candidates to find that person. Then it is also a great tool for creating self-awareness among staff and helping facilitate teamwork as well as supervisor/staff relations.

What do you dislike?

It is so powerful and so simple that it can be off-putting if your inhouse facilitators do not introduce it the right way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is awesome technology but requires internal human resources committment to make it worth the investment. PI quotes Yogi Berra in acknowledgement of this: "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

It is really helping us hone in on what we need in staff and then find the candidates that will suit our needs. As a young organization, it has also helped us mature staff/manager relationships by using some of the relationship guides.

PI Assessment review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"Fantastic, a lot of Great Insights! "

What do you like best?

We like how we can use the tool for recruitment and retention all at the same time!

What do you dislike?

Training could have been a bit longer as it is a lot of data to consume in two days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should give this a shot! We have learned so much not only about what we thought we needed to what we actually needed but a lot about ourselves and our peers. This tool has become a staple not only for recruitment but for retention as well.

Finding the correct fit for specific roles as well as showing teams how to best work with each other.

PI Assessment review by D'Angelo C.
D'Angelo C.

"PI's Positive Impact on Recruiting"

What do you like best?

Understanding the growth initiatives in place at my organization call for high volume recruiting, it’s my job to not only find several candidates quickly but great candidates that fit our culture, which is why I love the Predictive Index. The PI allows us to work smarter and faster, rather than harder, giving us the ability to tap into a candidates motivators and drives which not only help you hire great talent but retain it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Its very fast, easy to take, and compatible with my ATS.

Hiring. We have been bringing in candidates at a high rate, however the plan wasn't just to put people in seats. It was to find great candidates that fit our culture. Using the PI to accomplish this has decreased our cost-per-hire and helped continue our low turnover rate.

PI Assessment review by User

"a game-changer in how to staff a sales force"

What do you like best?

I think the biggest obstacle that I face is finding a wide variety of salespeople to handle the differing personalities of the clients we work with. The "type A" shark of old isn't the salesperson that I need anymore. I need to balance our staff so that the right person is available to build a lasting relationship with a client they match with. Since staffing to our needs with PI, we have seen a noticeable uptick in customer satisfaction and repeat and referral business.

What do you dislike?

The drawback to the PI is that if you aren't using it in conjunction with some form of competency test you're going to put people out on the front line that have the personality you need, but perhaps not the cognitive ability that the job requires. Having the perfect profile for a specific task looks like an instant hire. I have to learn the hard way that it can't predict if i'm going to spend the next six months teaching basic arithmetic to a grown adult.

We are tailoring the experience of our clients to a more individual approach with their needs. The processes of old have been replaced with a concierge type interaction that moves at the pace that puts them most at ease. Our retention has improved. Our online reviews have gone up on multiple sites. Most importantly, we have happier employees because they are working to their strengths.

PI Assessment review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"I'm blind without it!"

What do you like best?

It's a quick and easy way to understand an employee or candidate. It's like a cheat sheet -- do they want data or do they want to be sold to? Do they delegate or not? Are they people-centered or task-centered? I look back at all the employees that haven't worked out and I'd love to see their PI results.

I like the blog and the PI Community discussions -- it's great to learn.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more information online for in-depth learning -- goes beyond the basics. I'd also like to see the software give FEC's for the analysts.

It's a great help with hiring, putting teams together, and helping employees realize that everyone is different and how to get along better with those who are different than you.

PI Assessment review by Chrissy F.
Chrissy F.

"30 Year Partnership with PI"

What do you like best?

We've stayed with PI for so long because we believe in the results. We use it in recruiting, we use it for coaching, we use it to further communication.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike, however, I would like to see the added benefit of linking two PI's together and get a report on how to better communicate with each other based on the data in each inidividual profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for references. If I were to be called as a reference, I would happily discuss the product with employers considering PI.

It's excellent on the recuriting forefront. It allows us to ask the right questions, if the Profile doesn't match the Job we've created.

We love it for coaching; showing an employee where their strengths and weaknesses lie is an imporant piece in growth.

PI Assessment review by User

"Obtuse and ineffective"

What do you like best?

It was short and relatively easy to complete

What do you dislike?

It looks like a Facebook quiz, and collects very little information about you. The results feel very artificially inflated, and require you to wholly buy in to the idea that these people know what they're doing to be taken seriously. I don't even like MBTI, but I feel like you would get better results from taking a free Meyers-Briggs test from the first site you Googled, to say nothing of the myriad of other well documented personality assessments. As well, some users have had issues with the site not allowing them to move on to the second page of the assessment. The idea that my company paid for this service leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with another option if you can. This reeks of being a fad among companies that are already successful, and could easily attribute any benefit supposedly derived from this product to a number of other factors.

Benefit is being too generous with words. The opportunity cost of choosing the Predictive Index Workforce Assessment over other options is a burden on my HR department and a source of regret for management.

PI Assessment review by Tracey D.
Tracey D.

"Great tool getting even better"

What do you like best?

I love the breadth of application from hiring/selection (how I was introduced to it) to on-boarding and development for individuals, relationship building and team/group dynamics. Plus the new platform and all the resources available to utilize with employees, managers, and teams.

What do you dislike?

Just waiting for the .pdf's to be available for the new tools in the Inspire section

Increasing efficiency and productivity of our teams. Work groups that used to be bogged down by "personality issues" are recognizing the different needs and drives of their co-workers and learning to work with one another better with this information. Has helped tremendously with one-on-one conflict resolution.

PI Assessment review by Rachel L.
Rachel L.

"Where was I before PI? "

What do you like best?

I love the insight PI can give you not only for new hires, but for team building and transparency with team dynamics, It is a valuable tool that takes the guess work out of it. Teams are more efficient and know who to pull in for maximum results. PI gives verifiable support to what we already know about each other but takes it to the next level!

What do you dislike?

Whats is not to like. I think the problem comes in if you use PI in the wrong stage of the hiring process. For example if you use it just to confirm your hire then you've missed the boat. In contrast if you put all of your weight in PI and don't use it as ONE tool in your process then you're also using it incorrectly and ca do damage to your selection choice as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How will you use it . How will you educate end users on the benefits of the tool and how will you continue to keep the awareness alive

We are slowly shining light on why people would not be successful in certain roles with out the proper support and conversely how can an unlikely candidate achieve success if given the proper support and set up to reach a goal from the start. IE Newer more formal manager placed in a location that is seasoned and operates like a well oiled machine as opposed to in a new store, new market with a new structure to develop.

PI Assessment review by Sabrina P.
Sabrina P.

"Versatile tool for use throughout the employee life cycle"

What do you like best?

We have a huge seasonal workforce we needed a tool that would not charge us per assessment but rather an annual fee. We have incorporated it into our online application so every applicant has the opportunity to complete it. This is a tool that can be used in many ways throughout an employee's career.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to learn. Practice makes perfect so plan on spending sometime learning the in's and out's before deploying it to the workforce.

We are putting the right people in the right places and addressing workplace conflict faster and head on. This is a priceless tool.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Revolutionized our Workplace"

What do you like best?

Having used PI since 2010, we now have a far greater understanding of workplace behavior drivers. By having a PI assessment completed during the recruiting process, we gain greater process efficiency and understanding of candidates through the hiring process. Upon onboarding, we ensure alignment, of team's success, putting the best people in the right roles. Achieving business objectives happens faster than it had been done prior, at a very cost-effective price.User interface is superior.

What do you dislike?

Personally I enjoyed the training process, however others have resisted the full training due to the required commitment of two full days away from the office

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of all the tools we've ever used for recruiting/onboarding/ongoing team development, the PI tool has by-far provided the greatest value. Have a PI assessment completed on you and your leadership team, and you will immediately see the value it provides.

We struggled to understand why certain team members would consistently fail to gain maximum success of their initiatives. With PI, we can now see those who may be;

- In leadership roles, but may be resistant to taking accountability

- In Sales roles, but may show a resistance to verbal extroversion

- Patient people, unable to deliver with the needed sense of urgency,

- Those who may want/need to "measure twice (or three times) to cut once"

- People in logic-based roles driven by emotional decision-making

With greater understanding of our existing team, we've been able to better design job-roles as we continue to bring on new team members

PI Assessment review by Linda C.
Linda C.

"Demystifying Hiring"

What do you like best?

The ability to establish profiles for success factors in various roles and matching candidates to them.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the ability to do certain things on the back end on my own without the need for someone else to do. For example, changing categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a valuable tool in both hiring and team building.

We are using this as an additional screening measure to identify candidates who are likely to be successful in a given role. Their profile may point to a need for further clarification in a particular area and we can direct questions to gain clarity.

PI Assessment review by Jessica N.
Jessica N.

"Great experience building teams"

What do you like best?

I have used the predictive index assessments for team building exercises and to help build up relationships at work. I love the insight that the behavioral assessments provide and the relationship guides are my best friend at the moment.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike at the moment is that the site is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worthwhile tool that provides insights into individual behaviors and drives.

I use the predictive index when we have employee relations issues with individuals as well as for team building and recruiting.

PI Assessment review by Zachary S.
Zachary S.

"Pi Behavioral Software"

What do you like best?

The PI Software allows you to see inside of a person's mind, work type, and gives you an edge on interviewing them. It allows you to set a base for job candidates and helps you see who would fit best for what you're hiring for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how most of the interview questions are all the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used this product myself.

Being an HR Generalist, this software really helps me meet people before I actually meet them. It allows me to gain knowledge on a person.

PI Assessment review by Diana B.
Diana B.

"The Predictive Index will improve your organization in many ways. "

What do you like best?

If used appropriately the PI will enhance your hiring process by revealing more about a job candidate's behavioral drives than you could ever learn from an interview. The PI is the most effective selection, coaching, and organizational development tool that I have ever come across as an HR professional.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I highly recommend the PI to any HR professional that is willing to become a certified PI Analyst. To become certified all you have to do is attend the workshop and participate in the training, it's worth it!

Using the PI has drastically improved our organizations selection process. You are able to create behavioral benchmarks for job positions that will save you a lot of time on interviews. The PI provides useful information and a deep insight to individual behavioral drives.

PI Assessment review by Katie K.
Katie K.

"BE A PHYSIC!"

What do you like best?

It's like being a physic and doing a palm reading! Its amazing to see how accurate the results are of the person the PI is on.

What do you dislike?

I wish that not all of the results were so positive in the summary text. I wish that it gave you a better understanding of those "red flags" or realism of the opportunities someone might have to better focus training and development on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it, sit back, and observe! You will be sold.

Engagement!!!! As well as succession planning and training plans.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"PI Is Essential! "

What do you like best?

The Predictive Index has been essential to my company's hiring process. This tool allows us to making hiring decisions a thousand steps ahead. The results are accurate, the website's interface is stunning, and their workshops are incredibly educational.

What do you dislike?

There are times that the site is working slowly where I will search for a candidate that has taken the survey, yet the site will not be able to locate the candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you decide to use PI, make sure it's used from the top down. Meaning, this tool is only useful if it's being used consistently from all levels. Also, creating a pro before a job is posted and using the pro is essential to success with Predictive Index Workforce Assessment.

We've been using PI for five years, and it's been essential to our hiring process, matching people to a job that fits their strengths, and maintaining company culture.

PI Assessment review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education

"Building Great Teams with Predictive Index"

What do you like best?

The PI provides an invaluable insight into candidates before bringing them in to a new position. You can only gain so much from a single interview, and the PI provides insights for asking more targeted interview questions, as well as coaching opportunities once a successful candidate is selected.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a dislike yet! PI has been easy to administer and has been an extremely helpful tool.

PI is assisting us in more targeted and strategic recruiting. It's also great for coaching and team building.

PI Assessment review by Tessa S.
Tessa S.

"Finally a certified PI Analyst and I love how it helps us find the right people!"

What do you like best?

I was just trained on PI. It is so cool to learn more about potential candidate behaviors, as well as having the personal development plan and coaching guides are so awesome and helpful for improving.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I think it's an extremely helpful tool.

Finding the right candidates for our roles, coaching and management styles, and keeping the right people.

PI Assessment review by User in Financial Services

"Predictive Index is crucial for teams!"

What do you like best?

The invaluable insight to people's motivations, drives, reasonings, and rationale for their behaviors, thoughts, and perceptions of situations. This tool doesn't just explain to you what the hard wiring is, but how likely and often you may see these behaviors emerge.

What do you dislike?

I think the only challenging things about PI is that it isn't intuitive to understand at first. The language of the drives is a bit challenging for a non learning and development person to grasp initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you spend the time and cost of getting readback training. If a few folks in your company have a deep knowledge of the PI, it will be invaluable to interpreting new information for employees and takers of the assessment. Not everyone in the company needs to be certified, but someone in a Human Resources or Learning and Development area should have this knowledge.

Communication, Engagement, Team Building, and basic conflict management problems are able to be solved.

PI Assessment review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Ease of administering the assessment, ease of a candidate taking the assessment.

What do you dislike?

That the cognitive PLI is not built into the PI system and that you can not review both on one system.

We are able to narrow the funnel in candidates for our franchise system as well as our technicians program.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Behavior Assessment Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about PI is the simplicity of the program but the complexity of the results. It's extremely user friendly for both the employee/candidate and the employer. It's a quick process and it gives incredibly accurate results.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, but there is always room for improvement. There are a couple of things that I wish I could do (like read a full report on a PRO before the PRO is completed) but I'm sure over time they will make the system even better.

Our main business problem that we are trying to solve is finding candidates that are the right "fit." This tool helps us when we have interviewed someone but we're still on the fence or when two candidates are neck and neck and we sometimes need help pushing one candidate over the edge.

PI Assessment review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"A total "must have" for any organisation serious about its people"

What do you like best?

It saves time effort and head space in the recruitment process. I don't waste time seeing people who are never going to succeed in the role - it is good for me and good for them.

What do you dislike?

If you have many profiles on the system or are doing a lot of recruitment you need an administrator which can be a challenge for a small business.

Recruitment. Building a dynamic team that will wok well together

We have saved time and money

PI Assessment review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"PI is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Great tool to predictive a candidate's behaviors and for developmental purposes for current employees.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike that I can think of.

Selecting the right candidates

"LOVE this software"

What do you like best?

Truly remarkable. As they say, “the dots don’t lie.” Amazing how well this has worked for our company!

What do you dislike?

The cost for integration into other softwares is way too expensive. We’d love to untilize this with another program we use, but the cost is outrageous

Really helps us understand what drives our people. It’s also fun and gets our team motivated and interested to learn about themselves/others

PI Assessment review by Ann J.
Ann J.

"Excellent product for improving interpersonal awareness, relationships and team building."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. It takes a few minutes to send a survey, take the survey and receive the info back. Great reporting analytics and management tools.

What do you dislike?

Wish we could customize the reports more, print multiple reports at once and have more management tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to implement with the endorsement of your CEO or COO and operations management.

Team building, strengthening relationships, interpersonal awareness, management development, selection decisions, team dynamics, and conflict resolution. We have seen stronger executive relationships, stronger managers, succession planning pipeline, reduced turnover and interpersonal awareness.

PI Assessment review by Catherine K.
Catherine K.

"My experience with PI has been great so far! "

What do you like best?

I like the analysis of the candidates and being able to pull interview questions based on a candidate's PI.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I didn't know about PI before coming to my current role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to place candidates in the right position, working with the right team. When I took my PI and saw the results, it is extremely accurate.

I have realized that the PI really helps us place candidates in the right roles with the right people training them.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great tool to help us get the right people in the right positions"

What do you like best?

Standardized tool for determining predicted job performance. It works! Every time I see a new PI, it reflects the person I'm speaking with, and I believe it in more and more every day.

What do you dislike?

Needs more developed tools from an employee development standpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tool the is extremely helpful for determining whether people will be satisfied long term in the roles in the organization. It's a validated tool for workforce management, hiring, and employee development.

Determining who in the organization should be in what roles. Benefiting from understanding our current workforce as well as evaluating to find the best people for our incoming talent.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"On Point Assessment!"

What do you like best?

This has helped us pick better candidates and eliminate wasted time during the recruiting process. By having the candidate take the assessment we use it to ask better questions to align our hire with the job PRO indicators.

What do you dislike?

It has been mentioned by our current employees that took the assessment as part of their career development activity that the word choices were difficult and took them time to understand the word before making their selection.

We need to hire the right person for cultural fit and this tool is helping us.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"PI Behavioral Assessment"

What do you like best?

The accuracy of the assessment and reports. Employees continually say "this is me" after reading through their reports.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being an international organization, allowing the employees to take the assessment in their "native" language helps with the accuracy of the results.

Communication. We are learning what each employee needs and how to communicate with them based on this information.

PI Assessment review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"A must have tool for recruiters and HR professionals"

What do you like best?

PI allows us to save time during the recruiting process by streamlining the process. We can obtain valuable information about the candidates to ensure that we don't waste time interviewing those who are not a good fit.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything about the software that I don't like. The only thing that might make it easier is to have patterns on the reports that are easier to read for an untrained person who wants to understand the information. I think they are working on this.

We have been able to define the roles that we are trying to fill and have saved an immeasurable amount of time.

PI Assessment review by Morten  L.
Morten L.

"Short, affordable, practical and effective"

What do you like best?

The key asset of the Predictive Index is its accuracy, stability over time and ease of implementation. Unparalelled in the market.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have a long list of dislikes. But like any other product it all depends on how well it is executed in the organization and the focus must be to set it up just the way that works for your organization.

Hiring, team dynamics, promotion, talent pool, coaching

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"PI Review"

What do you like best?

The insight given about your co-workers, your manager and yourself. It gives you specifics about how other people like to communicate, make decisions, approach projects, etc.

What do you dislike?

It definitely takes a lot of time to understand it and implement it in an organization.

We wanted to reduce our turnover.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

I love the science behind the PI. This helps convince even the most avid skeptics that it does have validity!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything of dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for outside and internal hiring!

I typically use PI in hiring decisions. However, I have seen it's effectiveness on current employees and who works best within what groups.

PI Assessment review by Anat W.
Anat W.

"Great results!"

What do you like best?

That it's heavily researched, scientifically validated, and can be used in so many ways throughout the employee life cycle.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. I only wish there was more in-depth training/certification, but they are talking about it so looking forward to it.

Hiring is better, candidates coming in are a better fit, we use it for coaching, and turnover is down.

PI Assessment review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Improved hiring and job fit. "

What do you like best?

The Predictive Index has improved our ability to hire candidates that are a good fit for the position. We previously used the CI, which is similar, but lacks many of the additional tools that the PI provides.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a little more detail around some of the ways to communicate with employees based on their personality characteristics.

Again, trying to improve quality of hires, getting right persons in the right roles.

PI Assessment review by Administrator

"Great tool to build teams and grow people"

What do you like best?

I like the insights that factor combinations can give you and the ability to compare profiles to a standard.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far it's a great tool, i really enjoy using it.

we are working on team building and hope to use it in the future for leadership development and people selection.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great for Selecting New Hires & Coaching Existing Employees!"

What do you like best?

The Predictive Index (PI) is a great tool for both selecting candidates and developing new hires. The reports generated by the the software are digestible and easy to interpret the results without formal training.

What do you dislike?

Training for in-depth interpretation of results has to be scheduled with a consultant, which puts a strain on management with busy schedules.

We have helped reduce a tremendous amount of turnover and bad hires by utilizing this software before hiring new employees.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Beneficial to any company looking for a cultural fit"

What do you like best?

It is a useful tool to use in the hiring process for any position. Let's you know what the right questions to ask are.

What do you dislike?

The PI site itself still leaves a bit to be desired.

Cultural fit, position fit. How to work with current and future associates, etc.

PI Assessment review by Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Predictive index review"

What do you like best?

The ability to have the knowledge of how your employees best work so that they can be placed in the right job the first time around.

What do you dislike?

The lack of willingness to accept the change and allow PI to be used to its fullest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must have complete buy in from the executive branch of your organization. It must be a top down idea and supported from the top or it is doomed to fail and only become lip service.

Currently we only use it for new applicants desiring to join our organization. We are finding the correct fit first.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Fantastic and Helpful!"

What do you like best?

The PI is a valuable tool that not only makes the recruiting process more efficient it is very helpful with putting teams together and and boosts productivity by having managers and employees build better relationships and transparency.

What do you dislike?

I believe PI could be extremely helpful to companies as long as you take the training and keep up to date with the knowledge and information (taking a refresher course is always great)

It's been a great help with our hiring process. We also use the scorecards during annual reviews to help continue to build relationships and team dynamics.

PI Assessment review by Tracy F.
Tracy F.

"Minimizing risk"

What do you like best?

Clarity and simplicity. It is very clear to understand and communicate, and takes about 7 minutes to assess.

What do you dislike?

I wish more people in my organization could have access to the website.

The risk of the unknown is almost completely eliminated. It gives clear insight, allowing for purposeful, strategic decisions.

PI Assessment review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Love It!"

What do you like best?

I like that PI is a self-report measurement tool.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike, rather it would be interesting to have a version that was directed at a younger demographic to help them understand each other!

Our company is constantly changing. Building cohesive teams plays a pivotal role in the business unit objectives and ultimately our success. In building effective teams, PI aids in better communication and morale across the team. Understanding how co-workers approach tasks or projects is key in working together.

PI provides objective information on motivating needs and this information ultimately impacts our team dynamics in opening up communication and discussing differences.

PI Assessment review by Madison S.
Madison S.

"Extremely helpful in our organization"

What do you like best?

The scorecards. They have been really helpful while developing our leaders.

What do you dislike?

When logging on to our PI website, it takes a really long time. Might be on our end.

We are using the PI to help in our hiring decisions which has lead to better hires and retention.

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great Experience with PI!"

What do you like best?

The accuracy - it consistently nails everyone I know and gives great feedback to help people communicate.

What do you dislike?

That there aren't more communication-related tools, besides the scorecards

Hiring in particular, but also helping our current employees better communicate and accomplish their work

PI Assessment review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Effective, enjoyable tool"

What do you like best?

This helps the recruiting process by showing how candidates match up against the profile of the ideal candidates personality traits.

What do you dislike?

It can make candidates nervous if they are unfamiliar with the test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether you need a contract or one off pricing.

This tool helps us hire the right people and identify the wrong people earlier in the hiring process.

PI Assessment review by User in Financial Services

"Just learning the PI "system". Completed the training and beginning to do read backs."

What do you like best?

I like the level of detail the test brings. I also like the way you can use it for hiring. That is important since I am part of HR function at my company.

What do you dislike?

While the detail is one of the things I like about it, it's also one of the things that is very confusing to a new user. It definitely takes some time and effort to learn the ins and outs of the PI tool.

Working with teams on team building around their individual PI's and also with evaluating candidates for new hires.

PI Assessment review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Invaluable resource "

What do you like best?

It's eerily spot on when it comes to assessing people based on their answers. I've yet to see an inaccurate one.

What do you dislike?

I'd love more ongoing training and help after the initial training course since it is such a great resource. Their new website is right in track with it though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth an investment to get the right people in the right roles.

Working in sales and customer service, it's vital to know who the people you're hiring are innately. This does that and solves a big business problem of having the right people in place.

PI Assessment review by Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Experience with PI"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to match applicants to specific job profiles that we are hiring for. I feel more confident in our hiring process since we have started using PI and so far the results have proven that we are getting the right candidates.

What do you dislike?

There is very little so far that I dislike about PI. So far, it has been very user friendly and I love that the community provides additional resources.

We are currently working on consistency and hiring good quality team members. PI has helped us get the right people for the positions.

PI Assessment review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Simple and Informative"

What do you like best?

I like PI for it's simplicity when it comes to both taking the assessment and receiving the results. The test makes it very easy to understand if a candidate is a personality match for the position at a glance.

What do you dislike?

To be able to provide a full interpretation of results, lengthy training is required.

Hiring and interviewing.

PI Assessment review by Kerchelle J.
Kerchelle J.

"Why I love the PI!"

What do you like best?

Precise and quality feedback from the PI

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Love it I think it is the best tool I have used to date

Recommendations to others considering the product

I urge all companies especially in competitive countries to use the PI to retain high performing as well as to hire high quality team members

Able to get driven high performance salesforce

PI Assessment review by Ankush S.
Ankush S.

"Amazing & incredulous!!"

What do you like best?

Personality Profiles and the way to communicate and respond to a particular profile person was a great understanding.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, everything was as per my requirement

Im in Sales hence the day to day sales

PI Assessment review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Concept to aha!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Each potential candidate or employee only needs to select answers that are specific to them.

What do you dislike?

Initially I was very confused on how to read the assessment graphs, however, after receiving the assessments, I discovered just how easy they are to read.

That AHA moment. Each assessment is specific to the individual taking it and bring a strong understanding to learning how to interact with and train a variety of personalities.

PI Assessment review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Workforce analysis made easy"

What do you like best?

Newly released platform, Crescendo, makes teaming easier.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality is not fully developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will pay for itself by saving you from bad hires.

Love the job assessments... gotta know what you want BEFORE you hire someone otherwise you are setting the new hire up for failure.

"PI Review"

What do you like best?

That it helps me get to know employees better!

What do you dislike?

It can be a little confusing at times, but their website is improving that.

Better all around communications. It helps us be able to connect with others better.

PI Assessment review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great product"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool that assists with the selection of candidates

What do you dislike?

nothing at this time, support and system function meet all needs

hiring and selection of candidates for sales and management positions

PI Assessment review by Internal Consultant in Banking
Internal Consultant in Banking

"Graduate Placement "

What do you like best?

It's robustness and high validity in the outcome

What do you dislike?

No issues encountered having used it for the last 3 months

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth every dollar

Improved hiring quality and outcomes

Learn more about Predictive Index Workforce Assessment

Predictive Index Workforce Assessment Downloads

Learning about Predictive Index Workforce Assessment?

* We monitor all Predictive Index Workforce Assessment reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Predictive Index Workforce Assessment to Similar Solutions