Premiere Elements

3.9

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premiere Elements 14 software combines two powerful yet easy-to-use products at a great value.

Work for Premiere Elements?

Learning about Premiere Elements?

Premiere Elements Reviews

Showing 31 Premiere Elements reviews
Premiere Elements review by Artemus P.
Artemus P.

"Good but not Premiere Pro"

What do you like best?

I love the cost of the software. I love that it still managed to keep it simple and gave more control than the older Premiere elemnts editions.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had just a few more options that are available with Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro has so much more control and tools available than Elements does. I find myself trying to use shortcuts that are available on PRO but they don't work on elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the cost is your determining factor and you're not doing heavy editing then Premiere Elements will work for you just fine. But if you're doing some serious editing and need more control you should go with Premiere Pro CC instead. Just be aware that its by subscription only.

We use Premiere Elements for social media video posts. Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIN videos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Premiere Elements
Premiere Elements review by User in Music
User in Music

"A good alternative to the full product"

What do you like best?

Premiere has much of the capabilities of Premiere, and costs a fraction of the price. While it wouldn't work for a full time video editor, Premiere covers all of my business's needs without the cost of the full program.

What do you dislike?

There are moments where you run into the limitations of Elements--for example, it won't do CMYK color processing, which is frustrating. Also, you can't save large batches of pre-sets like you can in the full version, which would be a disadvantage in large batches of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look into which features are limited in using Premiere vs the full editor--while it's great for a small scale project or personal use, it could be frustrating over time to try and navigate the limitations when working on large batches of video.

I use Premiere to put together product videos for my Etsy store. I use the program to make sure my images look professional and clean and bright. The color manipulation is on par with the full version of Premiere, and it's what I most often use the program for.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Premiere Elements review by Nancy M.
Nancy M.

"High Powered Video Editing "

What do you like best?

Premiere Elements provides a very powerful suite of video editing, everything most casual video creators will need and the cost is extremely reasonable for the functionality that is included.

What do you dislike?

It can be somewhat slow, depending on your system specs. An upgraded graphics card will definitely be an advantage, along with as much memory as you can reasonably manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial version and try it out. If you're not used to using video editing software, watch some tutorials to figure out the basics, don't be afraid to play with different settings, transitions, etc. to see what you like.

I use Premiere Elements to create videos demonstrating crafting projects and techniques. It allows me to develop professional looking videos but at a much lower cost than a pro level video editing software package.

Premiere Elements review by Corey H.
Corey H.

"Simple & Effective"

What do you like best?

I love that you can view your timeline in expert mode, or something more simple like Quick. Sometimes it's nice to kick out simple projects quickly, and Quick mode helps you do just that.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot easily set your own ratios. This is not isolated to Adobe, though. I have found this with almost any editor.

We create instruction videos for various aspects of our company and using Adobe Premiere Elements helps us turn them out fast while maintaining a professional quality at an affordable cost.

Premiere Elements review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Good for basic editing, not so good for pros"

What do you like best?

I like that Premiere Elements is easy to use for the average hobby video editor. It has a "Quick" mode, "Guided" mode, and "Expert" mode, making it easy to get used to the workflow, and work your way to slightly more advanced editing. Although I never used "Quick" or "Guided" mode, I appreciate this feature as useful for the beginning video editor who wants to scale up from iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

I only used Premiere Elements because at the time, it was the software my organization was willing to invest in (instead of the Creative Suite, which I now use). Since I was already an intermediate to advanced video editor, I never used the "Quick" or "Guided" modes, skipping right to "Expert" mode. My gripes were what you could expect of someone who knows their way around advanced editing but doesn't have all the tools to carry out all the functions in this software.

The absolute worst time-sucking thing I had to deal with was the lack of an audio-video sync feature. To the hobby editor who is using video and sound from the same source, no big deal - from there, editing is pretty smooth. But I was using video and audio from separate sources, and this software just can't handle that. On top of that, there was no way that I found to link the video with the new audio file once I synced them on the timeline. Sure, I could link or group the video and audio together, but once I cut into that clip, I would have to re-link every snippet with its audio all over again. To get around this, I had to match the video and audio manually, and then EXPORT that whole file, and re-import it into the session - for EVERY interview clip, which takes hours for single projects, working with high quality video files. I managed to deal with this and get through several projects in this manner because I had to, but I am so grateful to save so many hours now with Premiere Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you expect only to do basic to intermediate editing with a video camera, or even video slideshows, this software is more than enough for your needs. But if you are a pro editor and need to be able to sync audio with video and use advanced editing tools, go straight to Premiere Pro.

The license my org purchased has now been transferred to another staff person who is an amateur video editor, while I now use Premiere Pro and the Creative Suite.

Premiere Elements review by User in Higher Education

"Tons of features and easy to use-- perfect for the average consumer"

What do you like best?

Nearly every effect, edit, transition, etc., the average consumer would need to make is possible within Premiere Elements. Commonly used effects and transitions are very easy to access and insert without much effort. For a more advanced user, higher-level editing is possible-- such as time shifting and chroma-keying (although they do not offer as many adjustable parameters as those within more pro-oriented software).

What do you dislike?

The biggest sticking point I've noticed with Premiere Elements is the different views: Quick, eLive, Guided, and Expert. While I understand why the software is broken down into these different modes, I frequently field questions from users who re-open a previously saved project and then panic because the timeline layout unexpectedly looks completely different! Perhaps it shouldn't be as easy to change modes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this seems like a basic consumer-level program, you will be surprised at some of its capabilities. Be sure to read the program's documentation to learn about all of them-- there were a few features I never imaged would be an option in this level of software, that were simply hidden nested within a few menus.

This software is ideal for teaching others within my company (who are not trained AV engineers and have very little experience in this field) how to work with video they've recorded for various purposes (research, teaching, personal use, etc.). Nearly everyone quickly learns the basic functions without issue, and many continue exploring the software to find the more advanced features. Just about every need of the average consumer is met by this program.

Premiere Elements review by Milena S.
Milena S.

"Adobe Premiere Elements is the Best Video Editing Software"

What do you like best?

Anyone can make video clips and post them on YouTube or Facebook page in a blink of an eye. The interface makes even complex pro features, such as motion tracking, seem easy. And its guided edits — signature interactive tutorials — ensure that no one gets lost.

You can create a quick, template-based movie with Video Story or Instant Movie, or choose from the Guided or Expert tabs that offer a variety of custom features. Premiere Elements makes newcomers to video editing feel at home.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike with Premiere Elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Premiere Elements is very friendly interface. It holds your hand by providing workflow hints that appear directly on the canvas. There's no confusion when the timeline contains a box that reads, "Drop Files Here," complete with an arrow. The app offers plenty of online instructional materials under the eLive tab too, but you probably won't need them immediately. Support for high-DPI (Windows) and Retina displays (Mac) means you can always see your content in full resolution.

Video editing.

Premiere Elements review by Chiara Z.
Chiara Z.

"How to star with Premiere"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best is that with Premiere Elements you can easely learn how to use Premiere. This version lets you do lots of things even if it's not the Pro version. It's very useful for everyone who needs this kind of programs with an easy interface.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the facts that some usefull tools are not available in this version, such as the subtitles tools. For all others things I think it's perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Premiere Elements because it's perfect for a non-professional use and for making easy video with a simple interface.

With Premiere ELements I can mix up videos for works to create a simple one

Premiere Elements review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Aptly Named..."

What do you like best?

I LOVE the fact that all of the features included are the ones that are most widely used/needed. I have yet to run into a project for our church that I couldn't handle with elements. And I have the full version as well!

What do you dislike?

The only think I don't really like is the way text is added over video, it can be difficult to manage existing text and i usually have to delete and re type titles if there are issues with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth every penny, if you want a quality video editor at a reasonable price go for elements, it also will help you build the goundwork of skills needed to one day move on to the full adobe premiere

We are using it for special videos right now, i.e. mother's day interviews, event recaps etc.

Premiere Elements review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Very preliminary program"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. There are few bells and whistles, great for someone who is not really interested in video editing, but wants to stream together photos easily. Nothing fancy, great for slideshows and simple video clips.

What do you dislike?

How basic it is. I want a lot more. There are things that are very difficult, like cutting a fraction of a second off a clip, it's hard to be precise. Also, it doesn't always support high resolution videos. Sometimes it will freeze up. And it takes a really long time to render the video or convert it to a different format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use it for basic projects, it will get the job done. If you are interested in really dynamic videos, go with a better program.

Again, it's a great simple solution. I was able to create videos showcasing various performances, and it worked OK as a marketing tool, however, as I got more into video production, I was forced to upgrade to Premier Pro which offers so much and is just a phenomenal program.

Premiere Elements review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Easy Editing"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that is affordable and gives you what you need without the gizmos that you don't need. Especially for beginners who are not looking to go pro and just wants the standard editing stuff.

What do you dislike?

Not as many opportunities for advancement when it comes to learning new skills. I am looking to upgrade anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see a way to graduating to Pro like they add more features over time without having to buy the whole program. I would like to be like CC.

It gives a business an easy way of editing video without being overwhelming.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Games
G2 Crowd User in Computer Games

"A great taste of Premiere Pro, and helpful learning tool."

What do you like best?

It provides a great introduction to the world of clip based editing, while offering a taste of what Premiere Pro has to offer. Serves as a great introduction for junior level editors to get their feet wet.

What do you dislike?

Lack of keyframing is missed. While geared toward a consumer/novice, the ability to specifically time events is missed.

The lack of subtitles is also unfortunate, while this can be faked by using title cards, it becomes cumbersome and time consuming if there are a lot of subtitles required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're familiar with more advanced editors (Vegas, Avid, etc.) then skip ahead directly to Premiere Pro.

If you're more comfortable with the likes of Windows Movie Maker or iMovie, elements will feel very familiar and comfortable.

Great for giving non-editors a quick and easy way to edit footage down on their own, helps save the time of our professional editors by not having to devote time to non-essential projects or favors.

Premiere Elements review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"Good home movie editor at a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

Features and performance at a good price. This makes a great step up for home and SMB use. It's got a lot of bang for the buck.

What do you dislike?

Not as fast as some others and it is not always intuitive. But, there are a lot of online resources to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good step up. It's Premiere, but without the tools lighter users won't use anyway.

Not used in current business. However, in my last role, I was able to create multiple training videos for end users. The reception was great.

Premiere Elements review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Premiere Elements"

What do you like best?

It's simple and enjoyable to use because the timeline is easier to work with than other software I've tried. The transitions work well and are easy to implement. I also like that I can export to multiple formats.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't support the new GoPro 4k 60fps. I would also like to be able to export to a blu-ray disc. More background music options would be beneficial in future upgrades.

I have been able to edit videos that I have had for many years and put them together in a nice format that others enjoy to watch.

Premiere Elements review by Timothée S.
Timothée S.

"Cool but not perfect !"

What do you like best?

Premiere Elements is a cool thing to start with video & sound work, I really liked its intuitivity and the fact it's a little bit like Photoshop but for other medias. That's kinda cool :)

I think Premiere Elements is the best solution to get something better than the free softwares like Imovie etc..

What do you dislike?

When you're used to work a lot with video & sound, you clearly feel the limits of this warm up software.

I am not using it for work because the Premiere Pro is much more complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch up to Premiere Pro :)

Or if the price is important for you, you'll be fine with Elements, but let's face it, it's made for the editing of your cats videos (or children, or both...)

I made my first videos with Premiere Elements back in the years; and my benefits were only personal, like getting to know a video editing software; trying to work with sounds etc.

It has the good basics but it's certainly not a revolution :)

Premiere Elements review by Alejandra L.
Alejandra L.

"Best video editing software for beginners"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple program, with satisfying results that can be achieved in a minimal amount of time. It accepts the most popular camera format files and video sizes out there. The import and editing features are very simple, and even though it has only basic tools you are still able to do some experiments things with it, like adding some video/audio effects, adding titles or shapes and incorporating video/audio transitions, but obviously, you don't get the complexity that other programs offer such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut X.

What do you dislike?

The limited features should be probably the no.1 con. Perhaps more tools could be included in newer versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you want an easy/fast software for video editing

It is very easy to learn and to create videos, the final quality is pretty good.

Great for short homey videos and picture slide shows.

Premiere Elements review by Alexandro B.
Alexandro B.

"is an excellent choice if you do not use photoshop"

What do you like best?

has many traditional tools like Adobe Premiere, its use is simple and intuitive, with premiere elements can learn the basics of video editing while practicing with enhanced tools is compatible with Mac and Windows you can make great video projects and different designs with this program

What do you dislike?

This software is thinking particularly of the needs of the casual user or amateur video editors, why not include 3D, 4K or multi-camera editing. The professional video editors might find the program too basic and poor in many large professional tools for video editing or major projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to edit your home videos and do not know anything about how to do this, download Adobe Premiere Elements is the perfect choice. But even if you have prior knowledge, you will also be able to get a great game this simple and very educational program.

Adobe has created an editor that meets the needs of novice and occasional amateur video. The handling is simple and, at the same time very instructive. At the enterprise level can perform simple editing video and is also optimal for work on university projects

Premiere Elements review by Haley T.
Haley T.

"Easy to use with little training"

What do you like best?

The ease of learning how to edit video! There are so many amazing training videos and resources to help learn as well

What do you dislike?

Uploading and organizing can be a bit of a hassle to manage.

Being able to make videos on site.

Premiere Elements review by Roberta J.
Roberta J.

"Great Editing Software"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. If you do not know how to perform a task, the Help section really has everything you need; including pictures and step by step directions.

What do you dislike?

If you have never used this type of editing software then it might seem a little difficult to use, but after completing a few projects the user should be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely invest in this software. It is easy to use if you have some background knowledge with editing software. Try to buy a box edition of it to avoid the subscription fee.

Our Communications Dept. and AV Dept. are able to edit video codes so they are playable on a variety of devices.

Premiere Elements review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"Elements A Must Have"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. I was able to easily access the software to edit photos. From fixing the occasional red eye to restructuring image clarity. This software does the job. The way the menus are set up it is very easy to make changes.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the no autosave feature.

I have been solving product key issues. Sometimes the software needs to be reinstalled and it is a pain to users.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Entertainment
G2 Crowd User in Entertainment

"Video Editing for Indie Game Development"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Premier is the interface. I'm familiar with Adobe's interface and find Premier intuitive and easy to use. It also benefits from having a strong online community which makes finding answers to questions easy. I haven't had any problems exporting to different file types and sizes and I find the number of transitions and effects more than meets my needs for the type of videos I'm editing.

What do you dislike?

I have run into some performance issues from time to time with larger projects but I don't feel this is unexpected. In general I don't really have any complaints but I think if you were looking to do advanced editing you may find it lacks some features but I haven't run into this problem myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple video editing I think Premiere is the easiest to use and very powerful. If you are doing more complex editing you are probably looking at something more advanced. For my needs, which includes editing game footage for tutorials and web trailers, the software is excellent.

I use the software mainly for editing recorded game footage to create game tutorials and make trailers for the web. I find the software more than meets my needs and is very easy to use.

Premiere Elements review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Does not inspire me to try Premiere Pro"

What do you like best?

I like that it's accessible to consumers.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it does not inspire me to try Premiere Pro. My opinion is that lesser versions of quality products ought to give buyers a glimpse into what the pro edition is like. If this is a glimpse into pro, I'm not interested in pro. Elements is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let Premiere Elements dissuade you from Premiere Pro. It's infinitely better. It's not only better, it's almost like an entirely different company with a better vision for user experience designed it.

I tried helping a non profit implements Premiere Elements into their work.Premiere Pro is more user friendly in it's UI design!! Say what.

Premiere Elements review by Michel H.
Michel H.

"Super Basic, but better than Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

This is a super basic easy to use video editing software. Basically Adobe's version of iMovie, and Windows Movie Maker. It is simple, easy to use, and clean, but offers many features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how limited it is as an overall video editor, but as mentioned before, this is for someone who never edited anything before

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good if you don't know what you are doing. I recommend using superior software and learning how to use superior software like Premier Pro, Vegas, or Final Cut X if you plan to impress anyone.

Easy to use video editing that could be done by anyone.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"If you can avoid common pitfalls, really nifty program to work with"

What do you like best?

- Interface easy to use

- Toolkit functionality allows easy editing for most projects

- Excellent help section, allows for troubleshooting or demonstrates 'how to' through examples

What do you dislike?

- Often, without warning program will crash making it very frustrating to work with

- If you upgrade from an older version, interface changes dramatically making it challenging for users

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is actually a great product for the well-informed user, you will need some background, be willing to spend time to explore features before you get the most out of it.

- Used video editor to refine data collected in experiments for a drug discovery and development project

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Photography
G2 Crowd User in Photography

"Premiere let's me be a freelancer from the comfort of my home"

What do you like best?

Is my work tool pretty much. Without Premiere I will have no job.

What do you dislike?

I consider the membership to be a little expensive for freelancer but I still pay it because is part of my work tools.

I don't need a major equipment to be able to use it. I do vide editing and I have a MacBook Pro and that is enough for Premiere to run

Premiere Elements review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Elements "

What do you like best?

Simplistic setup, ease of use, and the quality of the product.

What do you dislike?

I rarely use it enough, so every time I get into it, I have to teach myself (not the products fault though)

I work in the it field, so this product was perfect for the few times I needed to work with Premiere.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Primary/Secondary Education
G2 Crowd User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Easy to use with enough functionality for intermediate users."

What do you like best?

A good amount of features for a reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Some of the editing tools aren't as intuitive as other software I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For high level editing you will want a more advanced program.

Creating custom videos for photography business. Fairly easy to use with enough functionality for those interested in more precise editing.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"good for basic video editing"

What do you like best?

I like the very simple tools that help you edit video the simplest way possible

What do you dislike?

It gets a little bit useless if you want to edit video in an advanced way, I prefer to use the old final cut or even after effects in some points when i like to use more effects or add color correction.

I mostly just use it to add sound and make short clips from tv spots and other material for social media.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Hardware
G2 Crowd User in Computer Hardware

"Premiere in my workflow"

What do you like best?

Works well within our workflow. Has all the needed features.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult at times to use, can be overly complicated.

Being able to ingest footage before working on it.

Premiere Elements review by G2 Crowd User in E-Learning
G2 Crowd User in E-Learning

"Elements lives up to its name"

What do you like best?

Premiere Elements is a nice light-weight version for quick, basic editing. You can still do some robust things with it, like adding effects, titles, and transitions, but if you don't want to get into the complexity of Premiere Pro, Elements works great.

What do you dislike?

The basic export options tend to not be very useful and tweaking the parameters often necessary.

Premiere Elements review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Great basic video editing software"

What do you like best?

Software has sufficient customization capabilities for my use

What do you dislike?

Having previously used iMovie on Mac, not quite as intuitive

We use this product for basic promotional videos for use on our website and YouTube channel

Learning about Premiere Elements?

* We monitor all Premiere Elements reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.