Premiere Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premiere Elements 14 software combines two powerful yet easy-to-use products at a great value.

Work for Premiere Elements?

Learning about Premiere Elements?

Premiere Elements Reviews

Showing 30 Premiere Elements reviews
Premiere Elements review by <span>Artemus P.</span>
Artemus P.

Good but not Premiere Pro

What do you like best?

I love the cost of the software. I love that it still managed to keep it simple and gave more control than the older Premiere elemnts editions.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had just a few more options that are available with Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro has so much more control and tools available than Elements does. I find myself trying to use shortcuts that are available on PRO but they don't work on elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the cost is your determining factor and you're not doing heavy editing then Premiere Elements will work for you just fine. But if you're doing some serious editing and need more control you should go with Premiere Pro CC instead. Just be aware that its by subscription only.

We use Premiere Elements for social media video posts. Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIN videos.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Premiere Elements
Premiere Elements review by User in Music
User in Music

A good alternative to the full product

What do you like best?

Premiere has much of the capabilities of Premiere, and costs a fraction of the price. While it wouldn't work for a full time video editor, Premiere covers all of my business's needs without the cost of the full program.

What do you dislike?

There are moments where you run into the limitations of Elements--for example, it won't do CMYK color processing, which is frustrating. Also, you can't save large batches of pre-sets like you can in the full version, which would be a disadvantage in large batches of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look into which features are limited in using Premiere vs the full editor--while it's great for a small scale project or personal use, it could be frustrating over time to try and navigate the limitations when working on large batches of video.

I use Premiere to put together product videos for my Etsy store. I use the program to make sure my images look professional and clean and bright. The color manipulation is on par with the full version of Premiere, and it's what I most often use the program for.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Premiere Elements review by <span>Nancy M.</span>
Nancy M.

High Powered Video Editing

What do you like best?

Premiere Elements provides a very powerful suite of video editing, everything most casual video creators will need and the cost is extremely reasonable for the functionality that is included.

What do you dislike?

It can be somewhat slow, depending on your system specs. An upgraded graphics card will definitely be an advantage, along with as much memory as you can reasonably manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial version and try it out. If you're not used to using video editing software, watch some tutorials to figure out the basics, don't be afraid to play with different settings, transitions, etc. to see what you like.

I use Premiere Elements to create videos demonstrating crafting projects and techniques. It allows me to develop professional looking videos but at a much lower cost than a pro level video editing software package.

Premiere Elements review by <span>Corey H.</span>
Corey H.

Simple & Effective

What do you like best?

I love that you can view your timeline in expert mode, or something more simple like Quick. Sometimes it's nice to kick out simple projects quickly, and Quick mode helps you do just that.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot easily set your own ratios. This is not isolated to Adobe, though. I have found this with almost any editor.

We create instruction videos for various aspects of our company and using Adobe Premiere Elements helps us turn them out fast while maintaining a professional quality at an affordable cost.

Premiere Elements review by <span>Amy L.</span>
Amy L.

Good for basic editing, not so good for pros

What do you like best?

I like that Premiere Elements is easy to use for the average hobby video editor. It has a "Quick" mode, "Guided" mode, and "Expert" mode, making it easy to get used to the workflow, and work your way to slightly more advanced editing. Although I never used "Quick" or "Guided" mode, I appreciate this feature as useful for the beginning video editor who wants to scale up from iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

I only used Premiere Elements because at the time, it was the software my organization was willing to invest in (instead of the Creative Suite, which I now use). Since I was already an intermediate to advanced video editor, I never used the "Quick" or "Guided" modes, skipping right to "Expert" mode. My gripes were what you could expect of someone who knows their way around advanced editing but doesn't have all the tools to carry out all the functions in this software.

The absolute worst time-sucking thing I had to deal with was the lack of an audio-video sync feature. To the hobby editor who is using video and sound from the same source, no big deal - from there, editing is pretty smooth. But I was using video and audio from separate sources, and this software just can't handle that. On top of that, there was no way that I found to link the video with the new audio file once I synced them on the timeline. Sure, I could link or group the video and audio together, but once I cut into that clip, I would have to re-link every snippet with its audio all over again. To get around this, I had to match the video and audio manually, and then EXPORT that whole file, and re-import it into the session - for EVERY interview clip, which takes hours for single projects, working with high quality video files. I managed to deal with this and get through several projects in this manner because I had to, but I am so grateful to save so many hours now with Premiere Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you expect only to do basic to intermediate editing with a video camera, or even video slideshows, this software is more than enough for your needs. But if you are a pro editor and need to be able to sync audio with video and use advanced editing tools, go straight to Premiere Pro.

The license my org purchased has now been transferred to another staff person who is an amateur video editor, while I now use Premiere Pro and the Creative Suite.

Premiere Elements review by User in Higher Education

Tons of features and easy to use-- perfect for the average consumer

What do you like best?

Nearly every effect, edit, transition, etc., the average consumer would need to make is possible within Premiere Elements. Commonly used effects and transitions are very easy to access and insert without much effort. For a more advanced user, higher-level editing is possible-- such as time shifting and chroma-keying (although they do not offer as many adjustable parameters as those within more pro-oriented software).

What do you dislike?

The biggest sticking point I've noticed with Premiere Elements is the different views: Quick, eLive, Guided, and Expert. While I understand why the software is broken down into these different modes, I frequently field questions from users who re-open a previously saved project and then panic because the timeline layout unexpectedly looks completely different! Perhaps it shouldn't be as easy to change modes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this seems like a basic consumer-level program, you will be surprised at some of its capabilities. Be sure to read the program's documentation to learn about all of them-- there were a few features I never imaged would be an option in this level of software, that were simply hidden nested within a few menus.

This software is ideal for teaching others within my company (who are not trained AV engineers and have very little experience in this field) how to work with video they've recorded for various purposes (research, teaching, personal use, etc.). Nearly everyone quickly learns the basic functions without issue, and many continue exploring the software to find the more advanced features. Just about every need of the average consumer is met by this program.

Learning about Premiere Elements?

* We monitor all Premiere Elements reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.