ProContractor

3.6

ProContractor is a cloud-based software solution for estimating, project management, and accounting that helps you manage the project lifecycle from bid to project completion.

Work for ProContractor?

Learning about ProContractor?

ProContractor Reviews

Ask ProContractor a Question
Showing 11 ProContractor reviews
ProContractor review by Theodore P.
Theodore P.

"Pro Contractor a Maybe"

What do you like best?

I reviewed this ;product along with some others for a client so that they could have choices and options. I found that this is a reasonable program that does many of the things that we look for like PR Management,, Reporting, Charting, Estimating. The thing I like best is it does all these things in a single product package.

What do you dislike?

One thing I can say the mobile app that we tried, is very shaky. For some reason the data does not sync up/ The reports are not showing the complete layout as opposed to the PC version. After my review of this product, I did find out that they since had updates to the app and I hear it runs better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I mentioned earlier in this review. If you are a small business and you want to get basic management and accounting started, etc. You can achieve it. If you are planning to use it in conjunction with the mobile app, make sure to get the updated version..

It did not solve any business problems, however for a small business looking to get a basic job done, this product could help.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProContractor
ProContractor review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Good contractor software package with some aggravating Quirks:"

What do you like best?

It makes doing takeoffs much easier than doing so by hand and allows importation of CAD files or images (.pdf). I haven't used the digitizer feature (despite having one in my desk drawer), so I can't comment on it's effectiveness, but that functionality also exists.

What do you dislike?

There are some aggravating quirks that make the software more difficult than necessary. One is the double/triple/et cetera clicking when tracing lines on a plan. This creates unnecessary and sometimes deleterious points. Another problem is the program defaults to autosave every minute or so and there is just enough delay to be distracting and annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't spend the money on the training to go along with the software package, it's incredibly costly and was not as helpful as what I have since learned from colleagues with previous experience with the software.

We the program for estimation for the purposes of bidding new projects.

What Construction Suites solution do you use?

ProContractor review by Brandy K.
Brandy K.

"A Good contractor software package "

What do you like best?

It makes doing takeoffs much easier than doing so by hand and allows importation of CAD files or images (.pdf).Consistent cost metrics with management of the catalog pricing. Ability to create assemblies that allowed quicker estimates Easy comparison between estimates. Automatic and error free estimate calculations.

What do you dislike?

One of the reasons that we purchased the software is that we thought that it was compatible with View Point. We wanted to be able to download our starting estimate into View Point directly as the starting budget for the project. There is no compatibility. The solution to do this was a custom Excel sheet that View Point wanted to charge us for.

It helps me make estimates for my contractors when they have irrigation jobs. Everything we need is in one location from takeoff, estimating, project management and accounting.

ProContractor review by Jordan D.
Jordan D.

"Great Product! Great Support!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use! Nice reporting and nice electronic approval system. We also use the mobile component which has allowed our field personal to better communicate job site performance to the office staff.

What do you dislike?

Report/Software modifications are somewhat challenging. It's expense. Cost is per license. Unused licenses are not refunded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's expensive, but well worth the money. Each component that you add on costs additional money. Whether it be estimating, mobile, inventory, etc.

We have automated several processes: payroll, a/p approval, a/r invoicing.

ProContractor review by Michelle R.
Michelle R.

"Too much work"

What do you like best?

Coming from american contractor, it doesn’t seem like there is anything that procontractor has to offer that is better

What do you dislike?

Very time consuming and too detailed. Finding simple reports takes a lot of time to find. Too much detail is asked and the set up of the program is horrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out other programs. Pro contractor takes a long time to set up and implement

No benefits so far. We recently migrated from American Contracors and it has been a headache

ProContractor review by Abhishek B.
Abhishek B.

"My experience with ProContractor"

What do you like best?

It is a fabulous one in all package tool for housing all requirements of business processes.

Project management is great.

Very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

This app is not capable in proper scheduling of tasks.

Cloud services are slow.

Technical support is not good.

All my management related problems are solved by this tool.

Overall a nice tool.

ProContractor review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Good software but complicated interface"

What do you like best?

The software was good for financial subcontracts, and kept a great record of everything.

What do you dislike?

The interface was clunky, though I had to use a VPN to access the software as it doesn't work on Mac. Also, learning curve is incredibly steep.

I created contracts on there. It was able to produce calculations without error easily enough.

ProContractor review by Administrator

"Great for Landscape Design!"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn interface, great for beginners. has a lot of the normally used brands of lights, sprinklers, drip, etc.

What do you dislike?

once you get a hang of it it is very simple, but a little bit hard in the beginning also has a few issues with "Lags" and "Bugs"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the tutorials they have on their website it will help you get a hang of things a lot quicker

It helps me make estimates for my contractors when they have irrigation jobs. it also allows me to make a "picture" for my clients so they know exactly what they're getting

ProContractor review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Does everything we need"

What do you like best?

We can write Purchase Orders, Subcontracts, Estimate the Project and bill all in one software.

What do you dislike?

Slow to start but once its up it works good

Having everything in one place to see where we stand financially on projects

ProContractor review by Desiree S.
Desiree S.

"Bully and cumbersome "

What do you like best?

It ties things together better than the previous construction software we used before

What do you dislike?

There are way to many screens and places to enter the exact same information. Way to many steps involved to do anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think long and hard before you switch. It's bulky and cumbersome to get anything done quickly

We replaced Sage with this. Some things are better yes but it takes way longer to do anything.

ProContractor review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Building Materials
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Building Materials

"Isolation systems"

What do you like best?

business and Responsiveness, professionalism, competence and honesty

What do you dislike?

lie and incompetence in cases in poin tand that that something like tha

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Don't know

To find and increase number of contractors

Learning about ProContractor?

* We monitor all ProContractor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.