What do you like best?
- Making their software very user friendly. Pretty easy to learn, and customizable to fit our needs.
- Providing excellent customer support, where the people are always friendly, and readily available (not a 15 minute hold time away).
- Developing an easy platform to navigate large project drawing books quickly, compare drawing revisions, and make notes on the drawings.
What do you dislike?
- It's expensive and may be hard to justify for smaller construction companies.
- Their OCR still has trouble reading "handwriting" fonts, which can really slow down the drawing uploading process.
- Their Drawing system will not flip pages within a PDF. Occasionally, a GC will send us the pages turned portrait instead of landscape, and we have to use third party software to flip the pages the correct orientation.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Procore is well suited for any construction industry business, making it simple to keep all of your project documents and budget handling all in one place. As I mention a lot in this review, the Drawings, Specifications, and RFI tools help make our job a lot easier, and, from what I understand from our other departments, the budget management tools work very well for what they need them to do. The downside, again, is that it is expensive, and a construction industry business would have to be doing quite a bit of projects, in my opinion, to justify the cost.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Saves time in sorting drawings and specifications.
- Saves time in compiling drawing notations for RFIs.
- Saves time in being able to quickly compare drawing revisions, and confirm which revision is the most recent.