ProductBoard

Capture problems, feedback and user research, organize feature ideas, plan releases, share beautiful interactive roadmaps.

Work for ProductBoard?

Learning about ProductBoard?

ProductBoard Reviews

Ask ProductBoard a Question
Showing 27 ProductBoard reviews
ProductBoard review by Connie L.
Connie L.

"Very powerful tools. Easy work with."

What do you like best?

I like that I can work better as I know that everything that I need I have in one place. Good working tools. To understand them and to use. Great steps to have good deals and work on them.

What do you dislike?

Very good tools to work with. I like that I can easily manage them. To understand that product doesn't take a lot of time to learn. Good that support service always will give a good help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We like to use and to share our roadmap. Very good software with powerful tools. Very useful. Ability to work on many subjects. You will work with the higher extension. Big helper at your work.

We are working more open and clear. Much better to take all important info. Very good to use our roadmap which makes everyone save time. We are guess that it is product work well. And really very big helper for us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProductBoard
ProductBoard review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Great product, great people."

What do you like best?

Productboard enables us to effectively manage our research and other product inputs as we learn what our customers need. I can easily capture these, attach to features, and prioritize based on a myriad of criteria of my choosing. Then I can plan when to release new feature and effectively monitor the progress of work through to launch. I've also found the team at Productboard responsive to input about their product.

What do you dislike?

JIRA integration needs some work still, doesn't sync everything needed and documentation about the product could be more comprehensive as well, often skirts around the details with a focus on benefits, not the limitations. Some limitations to collaboration with peers (e.g. ranking, prioritization of items). Effort not tied to story points in JIRA so strategy score and other totals don't work unless you manually copy/paste over to Effort. Bit limited as a tool when you have multiple PMs handling multiple products unless they all operate on the same release cycles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

Enabling collaboration with peers around our product plans, empowering our team with transparency about what's happening with our product, and providing effective communication about our activities and plans.

What Product Management solution do you use?

ProductBoard review by Tatiana A.
Tatiana A.

"Product Manager's companion with great potential"

What do you like best?

ProductBoard lets you build a better process for handling numerous customer requests and building a roadmap for your product.

- Ability to submit feature requests with a Chrome extension

- Easy processing of incoming requests

- Lightweight and good-looking roadmap

- Really pleasant UI

- Great customer support, community in slack

- Affordable pricing

What do you dislike?

There're some features missing from the tool and it doesn't cover the full flow of handling user feedback, transforming it into features, and releasing. But there's no ideal tool, I investigated around 15 and we stopped with ProductBoard because we believed they will develop all the missing things in a while :)

Out of the things currently missing I can name:

- lack of public idea board (in development)

- not very powerful Zendesk integration

- absence of SFDC integration

We don't use the powerful features for prioritization that much, looking more at the number of requests, than other things but maybe we'll use that more at times.

The problem of collecting feature requests from customer facing teams is now solved better - they all post into ProductBoard.

Product Managers have a single channel of all requests coming in, can review and categorize them.

We add features to be developed soon into a high level roadmap and share it within the team.

ProductBoard review by Abby W.
Abby W.

"Helps me collect and structure feedback, prioritize features, and communicate strategy to my team"

What do you like best?

- Ability to aggregate and categorize large amounts of feedback, then directly tie pieces of feedback to features is incredibly helpful.

- Strategic drivers, customer segments, and company initiatives help prioritize

- Permissions levels where I can share my roadmap with stakeholders but not let them see anything else is really helpful. They can see the roadmap and the reasons and direct customer quotes behind each feature which really helps transparency.

- Best practices guides and quick customer support chat are awesome.

What do you dislike?

- The ways that features are grouped and classified can be a little tricky at times. I'm still trying to get the hang of the best way to do it. Even with the best practices guide, it's a hard nut to crack.

- Integration with Jira isn't as robust (2-way) or easy to use as I'd like, but I'm not sure how I'd improve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the best practices guides and ask for help if needed using the chat feature. It's very helpful!

- collecting feedback and helping raise awareness among the whole company about what our customers are saying

- transparency and justification of roadmap

- help prioritizing and identifying actual customer trends versus squeaky wheels

ProductBoard review by Matt S.
Matt S.

"Productboard is an awesome tool for aggregating user feedback and doing roadmap planning"

What do you like best?

productboard is great at the following:

- aggregating user feedback into features by user. The snippet tool is incredibly handy and allows just the relevant portions of feedback to be tagged.

- visualizing feature across different company goals and initiatives

- enabling a holistic view of the roadmap while also allowing you to drill in on individual pieces of feedback very fluidly. Going back and forth between the two is nice.

- having a clean, simple view of the roadmap that is shareable to other stakeholders

- the UI and overall experience is simple and refreshing

What do you dislike?

The productboard team has listened to a lot of my feedback and already incorporated much of it!

Things that could use improvement:

- Continue to streamline the experience across all of the different ways to view, slice, and cut up the roadmap.

It has helped us with prioritization.

Being able to see the User impact score pop out for highly-requested features is a major benefit. It enables us to have data to back up a lot of prioritization decisions, so we’re not tempted to go build things a vocal minority is passionate about but that doesn’t benefit our user base as a whole.

ProductBoard review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Complete suite for product management"

What do you like best?

I've used many tools and techniques for product management over the years. Most do an okay job of keeping track of features and putting them in some kind of an order (roadmap). Where ProductBoard stands above the rest is helping you understand why is a feature important (or not) based on user feedback and industry trends or news.

ProductBoard's 'Research' module is vital for me to keep track of feedback and key insights about features which drive prioritization. In addition, the ability to track interest in features by specific people and companies helps my sales team because I'm able to give them hot leads as we implement product enhancements.

ProductBoard is the perfect product fit with my organization and doesn't encroach into tools and processes that my collaborators prefer. For example, our Support team likes Zendesk and Intercom so ProductBoard integrations receive feedback easily from these channels. Our Development team likes Trello so ProductBoard pushes features to Trello for our engineers to implement.

What do you dislike?

I would like them to offer a low priced introductory tier for only the Research module. I think it would be a good way to begin using ProductBoard before upgrading to tracking features and releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. Don't worry about the structure of products and components too much as it's easy to move things around and try different views of your products.

ProductBoard helps my organization to focus on what to research, design, build, deliver and sell. It has helped us become much more efficient at meeting the needs of our customers and grow our business.

ProductBoard review by Clifton H.
Clifton H.

"Strong product"

What do you like best?

Set off all activities all from one place. Great tool for product control that helps teams understand what they need. To make decide what to build next, and how to earn or buy.

What do you dislike?

As for me, I would like to have little bit easy way to deal with. The product is really good so for me, it's better to assist with. Generally, everything is useful. For some people need a time, but some dealing so fast with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful software.Helps you to do a lot of things.Great to share your roadmap. Extension with quick planning tools.That solution gives a lot.I recommend it to have.

We can make the map the features of other client section. Lay out your apparition for the product and suppose your role as a product leader. Very good helper.

ProductBoard review by Administrator

"It's not about the number of features, but how it all works together"

What do you like best?

productboard (and it seems to be written as such - all lower caps!) is a Product Manager's dream. It stands out from the other product management tool by how insights can be mapped to product ideas and features. This is crucial as it reminds us why we are creating these features based on insights gathered from multiple sources. Its integration with Jira also allows me to easily push features from productboard to Jira with bi-drectional sync. The product portal makes it easy for us to share our product plans with our users and stakeholders and get their votes as well, making it an effective channel to gather product feedback.

What do you dislike?

It will be nice if it works on a mobile either through a native app or simply a decent mobile optimised website as it really does not work on the go right now..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not found any other tool that provides the ability to map insights (ideas) to features.

A great system to manage product ideation (receiving, consolidating), curation towards features, initial product backlog development, to a degree, release planning.

ProductBoard review by Mohana Sidhaarth V.
Mohana Sidhaarth V.

"Solves the right problems. Powerful tool for Product Teams"

What do you like best?

- Really easy and intuitive to set up and get started. Their support and product teams are very helpful.

- Collecting and consolidating feedback is a breeze. Its very easy to highlight the qualitative feedback that is important and tag them to a feature.

- Powerful search functionality across the product allows for quick access to any feature or feedback

- Being able to view all the feedback from different organizations/users in a single page and adding importance to the feedback is very helpful.

- Inspiring product UI/UX and they keep adding new capabilities that only makes the product better

Being able to consolidate and view qualitative feedback over just upvotes gives us all the information we need

- And their Chrome plugin has made it incredibly easy for us to capture all the feedback from our customers

What do you dislike?

- Can be a bit pricey, especially when compared to some other tools in the market (But, you get what you pay for. Product board is by far the best tool in the market, IMHO)

- Some features such as an external facing portal / ability to publish roadmaps ...etc are not available yet. (They are working on it though)

- A mobile app would be really helpful to find information on the fly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. The ProductBoard team are very responsive and help you get started very quickly.

- Unifying feedback from different sources

- Visibility to feedback across the organization

- Prioritizing features based on multiple parameters

ProductBoard review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"The product management tool I've been looking for"

What do you like best?

Great workflow for bringing in feedback, product requests, and other inputs and translating those into a flexible framework of needs and features for your product

What do you dislike?

The Roadmap display tool is flimsy at best and needs more features to make it something that can be shared with the team, investors, and other stakeholders.

Features need more robust ways to be related and dependent to each other.

We needed a way to bring together all of our feedback channels into a single place and map those to the parts our product already solved or could solve, and then translate that to work. After trying a number of other tools, it was the first that made an obvious workflow simple.

ProductBoard review by David K.
David K.

"Money well spent"

What do you like best?

1) It's so easy to use... I've been using Aha till now and man, PB is far far ahead

2) I really like how PB communicates with you. Response time is great, tone is friendly.

3) It's much easier for product team to share our roadmap inside the company and involve every member of Ataccama in the discussion what should be on our roadmap and which features are not urgent

What do you dislike?

So far we are missing 2 features - dependencies between features and public portal for our customers where they could see our roadmap and give us feedback.

We use PB in product team to prioritize our roadmap and to communicate it after it's planned.

ProductBoard review by Victor L.
Victor L.

"Advanced Product Management"

What do you like best?

I love that PB is centered on user learning. We can build our roadmap taking our user's feedback as the backbone of our ideas.

The feature/component sorting really makes backlog visualization simple.

The integration with Trello really makes our days easier.

What do you dislike?

There are some scrolling issues on firefox, mac. But they are fully aware and are doing their best to maintain an amazing product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up your products and components properly. It takes a couple of months before you perceive the full value of the feedback.

We are solving:

- user feedback collection

- roadmap planning

- release planning

ProductBoard review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Great user feedback and roadmap management tool"

What do you like best?

It's seamless integration with JIRA works really well. It's approach to prioritising a roadmap and reviewing features/ideas on multiple dimensions is a great way to build a product.

What do you dislike?

Our business is quite complex at times, and we sometimes have big projects with inter-dependencies. It isn't clear to us at the moment as to how we model that in Product Board.

• Roadmap prioritisation

• User feedback management

• Roadmap communication

ProductBoard review by Heather B.
Heather B.

"Great Product Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Very simple and intuitive interface. Great for lightweight analysis and planning. I can take many different cuts of prioritization based on different rankings.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to tell who is doing what when there are multiple editors on one board.

It allows us to do light weight roadmapping planning. We are also able to plan releases and weight features based on different PDM scores.

ProductBoard review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"Very good product management tool"

What do you like best?

You can add an incredible amount of detail.

Integration with Jira very good plus slack integration

Chrome widget is excellent for gathering quick insights

Portal for gathering feedback and public display of roadmap.

What do you dislike?

Printing of roadmap is quite poor, integration with Jira could also be improved

Organisation of our products roadmap

ProductBoard review by User in Internet

"Good tracking, needs commitment"

What do you like best?

I like having a tracking system in place to know what our product team is working on and to follow suggestions for our product through the development process.

What do you dislike?

The system is not very intuitive, and it can take time to figure out what certain actions will do. I also dislike that it requires a lot of commitment to the product for it to work. Everyone at your company needs to really be into using this product or it will not function properly for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're ready to push the implementation hard within your team so that it is used properly and efficiently

We are using this to track suggestions and projects that our product and development teams are working on.

ProductBoard review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Nice tool to capture customer needs"

What do you like best?

The tool is quite easy to use and is very visual. Most of the things needed to capture and organize customer needs are there.

What do you dislike?

I'm part of a team of Product Managers and Product Owners. The tool fits my needs perfectly, but it lacks the ability to do project tracking. Maybe there is some integration with other tools like TargetProcess, but I was not able to find it.

It helps us categorize and prioritize features for our product in a data driven way

ProductBoard review by Lukáš K.
Lukáš K.

"Great tool for feature requests managament and creating the product roadmap."

What do you like best?

It's great that you can transfer all the feature requests directly from tools like Intercom, Email and many other 3rd party tools to ProductBoard. From there you can work with them (tagging, grouping, descriptions etc.).

The best is that you keep the information about the requester, so you can contact him/her before or during your feature development in order to get closer details and/or feedback.

What do you dislike?

If you have a lot of tickets (product feature requests) with your customers, productboard can become a mess.

Feature requests management and creating product roadmap.

ProductBoard review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Simple tool for Visualizing your Product Roadmap"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive to use with very little admin. Easy UI allows us to offer access to sales team for field level feedback.

What do you dislike?

Like most cloud apps reporting is very limited

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good high level tool that can be consumed by non dev end users.

We use ProductBoard to keep the sales team in sync and also key customers. We also use it to capture feedback from our sales team of what they are hearing from customers in the field.

ProductBoard review by User in Internet

"Great tool for roadmapping."

What do you like best?

ProductBoard is easy to use, the interface is intuitive, and it is very helpful for collaborative roadmapping. I like that any member of our organization can add ideas and view/comment on features. They also have a handy chrome extension that makes it really easy to gather feedback from emails, notes or meetings without having to click into the app each time.

What do you dislike?

You can view the roadmap by several different criteria (by feature, by high level, etc.) but the view is shared by all users. So if I change the view, it changes for my coworkers as well. I wish we could each look at it in how we choose without affecting each other.

ProductBoard has made it simple and fun to create visual roadmaps.

ProductBoard review by User in Higher Education

"Okay for certain companies"

What do you like best?

There wasn't a whole lot my team and I liked about this product.

What do you dislike?

It was clunky and complicated. It took forever to find what you were looking for and then when you found it, you couldn't figure out how to use it.

I can see how come companies would benefit with major projects. Not right for education.

ProductBoard review by User in Internet

"Great product management tool"

What do you like best?

It gives our team a central place to submit product feedback and for our product team to keep all that feedback organized. It's easy to use and they are constantly rolling out new updates to improve the user experience.

What do you dislike?

Some of the options for hiding and showing information are not super intuitive - more than a few times I have created new features and they disappear from view. The available roadmap views are also somewhat limiting, but it's a minor inconvenience.

Providing a place for our team to submit product feedback and allowing the product team to easily prioritize new features.

ProductBoard review by Guy K T.
Guy K T.

"Work Well"

What do you like best?

It works really well. I would recommend it to any organization

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike at this point. It works well.

Problems that come up in the project management can range from a small problem to a really big problem. I utilize the board whenever I need to.

ProductBoard review by Administrator

"Great fast developing product for product owners and managers alike"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the tool makes it really fitting for many kinds of different product developing processes.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be sluggish sometimes with lots of feedback and features.

Researching our customer needs and prioritization of features based on this feedback.

ProductBoard review by Sairam G.
Sairam G.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, adaptability and user friendly

What do you dislike?

Too complicated, takes time to launch and time consuming

only solution

ProductBoard review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Easy to use and central place for ideas collection"

What do you like best?

A clean interface and minimal features. It's easy to prioritize upcoming features

What do you dislike?

It lack of some statistic algorithm to be able more statistically prioritize the tasks

We use ProductBoard as a mean of collecting our customer feedbacks so it won't lose in the process.

ProductBoard review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"A very well designed product and very helpful in managing Product Roadmap."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive and simple. Right features available at the right time and on the fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The product is working great for me . Just one suggestion. There is no mobile app yet which would be very useful in taking notes on the field.

Requirement gathering and tracking. Product roadmap management and alignment with the key stakeholders.

Learning about ProductBoard?

* We monitor all ProductBoard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.