ProductBoard

Capture problems, feedback and user research, organize feature ideas, plan releases, share beautiful interactive roadmaps.

Work for ProductBoard?
Rational doors next generation productmang  2x

Learning about ProductBoard?

ProductBoard Reviews

Ask ProductBoard a Question
Showing 24 ProductBoard reviews
ProductBoard review by <span>Connie L.</span>
Connie L.

Very powerful tools. Easy work with.

What do you like best?

I like that I can work better as I know that everything that I need I have in one place. Good working tools. To understand them and to use. Great steps to have good deals and work on them.

What do you dislike?

Very good tools to work with. I like that I can easily manage them. To understand that product doesn't take a lot of time to learn. Good that support service always will give a good help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We like to use and to share our roadmap. Very good software with powerful tools. Very useful. Ability to work on many subjects. You will work with the higher extension. Big helper at your work.

We are working more open and clear. Much better to take all important info. Very good to use our roadmap which makes everyone save time. We are guess that it is product work well. And really very big helper for us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProductBoard
ProductBoard review by <span>Scott B.</span>
Scott B.

Great product, great people.

What do you like best?

Productboard enables us to effectively manage our research and other product inputs as we learn what our customers need. I can easily capture these, attach to features, and prioritize based on a myriad of criteria of my choosing. Then I can plan when to release new feature and effectively monitor the progress of work through to launch. I've also found the team at Productboard responsive to input about their product.

What do you dislike?

JIRA integration needs some work still, doesn't sync everything needed and documentation about the product could be more comprehensive as well, often skirts around the details with a focus on benefits, not the limitations. Some limitations to collaboration with peers (e.g. ranking, prioritization of items). Effort not tied to story points in JIRA so strategy score and other totals don't work unless you manually copy/paste over to Effort. Bit limited as a tool when you have multiple PMs handling multiple products unless they all operate on the same release cycles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

Enabling collaboration with peers around our product plans, empowering our team with transparency about what's happening with our product, and providing effective communication about our activities and plans.

What Product Management solution do you use?

ProductBoard review by <span>Tatiana A.</span>
Tatiana A.

Product Manager's companion with great potential

What do you like best?

ProductBoard lets you build a better process for handling numerous customer requests and building a roadmap for your product.

- Ability to submit feature requests with a Chrome extension

- Easy processing of incoming requests

- Lightweight and good-looking roadmap

- Really pleasant UI

- Great customer support, community in slack

- Affordable pricing

What do you dislike?

There're some features missing from the tool and it doesn't cover the full flow of handling user feedback, transforming it into features, and releasing. But there's no ideal tool, I investigated around 15 and we stopped with ProductBoard because we believed they will develop all the missing things in a while :)

Out of the things currently missing I can name:

- lack of public idea board (in development)

- not very powerful Zendesk integration

- absence of SFDC integration

We don't use the powerful features for prioritization that much, looking more at the number of requests, than other things but maybe we'll use that more at times.

The problem of collecting feature requests from customer facing teams is now solved better - they all post into ProductBoard.

Product Managers have a single channel of all requests coming in, can review and categorize them.

We add features to be developed soon into a high level roadmap and share it within the team.

ProductBoard review by <span>Abby W.</span>
Abby W.

Helps me collect and structure feedback, prioritize features, and communicate strategy to my team

What do you like best?

- Ability to aggregate and categorize large amounts of feedback, then directly tie pieces of feedback to features is incredibly helpful.

- Strategic drivers, customer segments, and company initiatives help prioritize

- Permissions levels where I can share my roadmap with stakeholders but not let them see anything else is really helpful. They can see the roadmap and the reasons and direct customer quotes behind each feature which really helps transparency.

- Best practices guides and quick customer support chat are awesome.

What do you dislike?

- The ways that features are grouped and classified can be a little tricky at times. I'm still trying to get the hang of the best way to do it. Even with the best practices guide, it's a hard nut to crack.

- Integration with Jira isn't as robust (2-way) or easy to use as I'd like, but I'm not sure how I'd improve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the best practices guides and ask for help if needed using the chat feature. It's very helpful!

- collecting feedback and helping raise awareness among the whole company about what our customers are saying

- transparency and justification of roadmap

- help prioritizing and identifying actual customer trends versus squeaky wheels

ProductBoard review by <span>Matt S.</span>
Matt S.

Productboard is an awesome tool for aggregating user feedback and doing roadmap planning

What do you like best?

productboard is great at the following:

- aggregating user feedback into features by user. The snippet tool is incredibly handy and allows just the relevant portions of feedback to be tagged.

- visualizing feature across different company goals and initiatives

- enabling a holistic view of the roadmap while also allowing you to drill in on individual pieces of feedback very fluidly. Going back and forth between the two is nice.

- having a clean, simple view of the roadmap that is shareable to other stakeholders

- the UI and overall experience is simple and refreshing

What do you dislike?

The productboard team has listened to a lot of my feedback and already incorporated much of it!

Things that could use improvement:

- Continue to streamline the experience across all of the different ways to view, slice, and cut up the roadmap.

It has helped us with prioritization.

Being able to see the User impact score pop out for highly-requested features is a major benefit. It enables us to have data to back up a lot of prioritization decisions, so we’re not tempted to go build things a vocal minority is passionate about but that doesn’t benefit our user base as a whole.

ProductBoard review by <span>Matt G.</span>
Matt G.

Complete suite for product management

What do you like best?

I've used many tools and techniques for product management over the years. Most do an okay job of keeping track of features and putting them in some kind of an order (roadmap). Where ProductBoard stands above the rest is helping you understand why is a feature important (or not) based on user feedback and industry trends or news.

ProductBoard's 'Research' module is vital for me to keep track of feedback and key insights about features which drive prioritization. In addition, the ability to track interest in features by specific people and companies helps my sales team because I'm able to give them hot leads as we implement product enhancements.

ProductBoard is the perfect product fit with my organization and doesn't encroach into tools and processes that my collaborators prefer. For example, our Support team likes Zendesk and Intercom so ProductBoard integrations receive feedback easily from these channels. Our Development team likes Trello so ProductBoard pushes features to Trello for our engineers to implement.

What do you dislike?

I would like them to offer a low priced introductory tier for only the Research module. I think it would be a good way to begin using ProductBoard before upgrading to tracking features and releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. Don't worry about the structure of products and components too much as it's easy to move things around and try different views of your products.

ProductBoard helps my organization to focus on what to research, design, build, deliver and sell. It has helped us become much more efficient at meeting the needs of our customers and grow our business.

Learning about ProductBoard?

* We monitor all ProductBoard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.