What do you like best?
ProductBoard lets you build a better process for handling numerous customer requests and building a roadmap for your product.
- Ability to submit feature requests with a Chrome extension
- Easy processing of incoming requests
- Lightweight and good-looking roadmap
- Really pleasant UI
- Great customer support, community in slack
- Affordable pricing
What do you dislike?
There're some features missing from the tool and it doesn't cover the full flow of handling user feedback, transforming it into features, and releasing. But there's no ideal tool, I investigated around 15 and we stopped with ProductBoard because we believed they will develop all the missing things in a while :)
Out of the things currently missing I can name:
- lack of public idea board (in development)
- not very powerful Zendesk integration
- absence of SFDC integration
We don't use the powerful features for prioritization that much, looking more at the number of requests, than other things but maybe we'll use that more at times.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
The problem of collecting feature requests from customer facing teams is now solved better - they all post into ProductBoard.
Product Managers have a single channel of all requests coming in, can review and categorize them.
We add features to be developed soon into a high level roadmap and share it within the team.