ProfitWell

4.9

ProfitWell provides subscription and SaaS metrics that are 100% accurate and absolutely free. Sign up takes 1-click, giving you access to your monthly recurring revenue, churn, lifetime value, and all of your other necessary subscription financial metrics. Integrates with Stripe, Braintree, Zuora, Chargebee, Chargify, Recurly, and others with the ProfitWell API.

Work for ProfitWell?

Learning about ProfitWell?

ProfitWell Reviews

Ask ProfitWell a Question
Showing 52 ProfitWell reviews
ProfitWell review by Marc P S.
Marc P S.

"A clean fresh system that helps me keep an eye on my figures"

What do you like best?

Retain - automagically collects lost money and keeps our customers paying. Pre-churn clients are emailed, chased and saved. The graphs and charts are clean and fresh and always showing you important data.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find this and start using it 2 years ago! We probably could have increased our revenue by 10-20% having this sooner. If I invent a time machine I will go back in time and set this up sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start now - you will not regret it - you will regret delaying once you start - so stop delaying - I wish I had done it 2 years ago! This is keeping us more accurate and ensuring that we collect money quickly, easily and efficiently. The best thing about this is it is pretty much set it and forget it. Saved money on auto pilot.

Keeping a close eye on MRR and Churn. Having great looking charts to see what is going on in your business is awesome. All my team have access to see the figures that are important to them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProfitWell
ProfitWell review by Tejas P.
Tejas P.

"ProfitWell reports help me to be on top of my MRR and Churn"

What do you like best?

1. Super Easy Reporting Dashboard

2. Super Easy Integration

3. The fact that the reporting part of the tool is FREE

4. Ease of Exporting various reports related to MRR and Churn

5. The fact that I am able to use various reports they have in my weekly leadership meetings.

6. I like their Customer Support too. Their responses are always in time and more importantly complete.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. ProfitWell is really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and plug this tool in.

Basic Reporting - I use their base tool which plugs in seamlessly to my customer data and provides insights related to MRR and Churn. This helps me present facts to my leadership and therefore take necessary actions.

Retain - a Considerable amount of SaaS business is lost because of Delinquent Churn. PF's Retain is a product that has perfected a mechanism to reach out to customers who may be churning delinquently. They serve up a series of rich dunning messages via email and other notifications to help you recover business. We have been able to recover considerable business on an M-o-M basis.

What Subscription Analytics solution do you use?

ProfitWell review by Christoffer K.
Christoffer K.

"Profitwell is a SaaS business best friend"

What do you like best?

Profitwell is our go-to reporting tool for Waitwhile to understand our business revenue health from a revenue and retention standpoint.

It provides accurate, reliable MMR/ARR numbers automatically from Stripe (and makes it easy to supplement with manual transactions). By setting a monthly MMR growth goal in Profitwell, it keeps us focused on driving continuous growth and its daily performance email is distributed to our entire team - everyone loves it (at least on the good days!).

The charts over MMR growth are extremely easy to read and have been super useful for business reviews and investor conversations. Same with Churn decomposition and retention.

The Profitwell Retain product automatically helps us combat churn and has been a super useful tool in our toolkit.

What do you dislike?

Profitwell does not provide any Cost-related data, only Revenue. It would be amazing if we could connect it with our Bank account (SVB) and automatically include our operating expenses in Profitwell to show true net profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a SaaS business, don't think - just use ProfitWell now. It's free to get started with and will help you make better business decisions from Day 1.

Understanding our Revenue and Churn performance and health. Before Profitwell, we were basically flying blind.

ProfitWell review by Jack H.
Jack H.

"Super-awesome SaaS dashboard for free"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell has all the metrics you will need in your dashboard, is one of the easiest tools to set up and understand, and completely free. They make their money through other products, such as Retain (basically Dunning software) which, by the way, is also really simple to set up and use and makes subscriptions with expired credit cards a breeze to recover.

What do you dislike?

Would be cool if the UI was responsive so it worked nicely on my phone as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really looking forward to their new engagement metrics (arriving in the next few weeks), which will show at a glance which of my customers are engaging with my product the best and which ones are at the most risk of churning. My recommendation is to get involved in this as soon as it's available - if it's anything like the rest of their product it will be totally awesome.

I use ProfitWell for both my SaaS products and it gives me all the insights I need into the financial status of my products, helping me make calculated decisions instead of shooting blind. It has also made recovering expired cards completely effortless.

ProfitWell review by Clifford A.
Clifford A.

"Awesome Insights into my SaaS to help my grow it smarter for FREE!"

What do you like best?

We just launched our SaaS a few months ago and came across ProfitWell from one of their blogs on pricing. It took minutes to setup and the metrics are presented beautifully and in an easy to consume manner. The insights offered based on metrics measured has helped us grow our SaaS. I love setting goals and getting the daily updates. My favorite was getting you reached 1900% of your goal on my birthday :)

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, especially for a free resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You don't have anything to lose. It's everything you need as a SaaS startup to measure what matters so you can focus growing your business on numbers you can rely on.

Easily measure and manage my key SaaS Metrics from church to growth rate and customer overviews. Stripe nor my app offer me anything close. This saves us a ton of time, helps us grow our business and saves us money. All for FREE!

ProfitWell review by Cody M.
Cody M.

"ProfitWell Provides Much Value and Insight"

What do you like best?

There are not many analytics platforms that connect to Stripe, but I'd venture to say that ProfitWell is the best of them. ProfitWell understands tech startup needs, and provides the right measurements for small teams like mine to quickly understand our growth and goals. They actually provide insight that I didn't know I needed, and I'm thankful for them.

What do you dislike?

I can't say a single bad thing about this company. They're doing it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, you cannot go wrong by looking into ProfitWell. They have created a platform that presents almost no barriers to entry. It doesn't cost anything to get started and begin seeing your data in actionable ways.

ProfitWell has helped our team at Ashore better understand our users, financials, and growth. We now can create realistic projections and make more data-informed decisions.

ProfitWell review by Arvid K.
Arvid K.

"ProfitWell takes the sigh out of revenue insight"

What do you like best?

I'm using ProfitWell to keep an eye on the revenue metrics, particularly since I don't have the domain knowledge as a technical founder to extract or even find them without serious work. The product is free, and their upsell product is non-intrusive.

The Stripe integration is superb, which makes ProfitWell almost hilariously easy to set up.

The UI was reworked recently, and is now (even) more clear and concise. The visualizations are understandable and instructive, and their customer support is excellent - I had a small hiccup with my Stripe plans and they resolved it immediately.

What do you dislike?

The few wishes I have would be to have more insight into how ProfitWell calculates certain values and to have a way of forecasting a full year, but that is certainly a non-essential feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If nothing else, ProfitWell will present new insights into your business. It has a great Stripe and Slack integration and their marketing is subdued and friendly.

I need to keep track of my metrics. Actually, I need to find out which metrics are actually there to keep track of. ProfitWell allows me to browse current and historical data about my subscription plans, which led me to understand how well CLTV correlated with plan choice. That alone intensified my marketing efforts.

ProfitWell review by Pawel B.
Pawel B.

"Instant, accurate and reliable SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

I love using the product. It's simple but the insights derived are very useful. Contains just the right level of complexity to be useful without getting us bogged down with unnecessary clutter. Also, their engineering team simply rocks, whenever I had to interact with them I was absolutely impressed with the thought they put into the product.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. I think it would be useful to know more about how they forecast the metrics for the current month but that's a minor thing. I love the product and the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's a no brainer. Especially if you are growing the company from $0 MRR, this is all you need to get started. It seriously helped us to get a better handle on our key metrics.

Setting monthly MRR targets and tracking the progress. Monitoring cash-flow. Monitoring churn/retention.

ProfitWell review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Absolute Essential for SaaS Businesses"

What do you like best?

Free, fast, easy integration. We use Stripe. We also use their retain service for our app. With how fast the SaaS industry moves, you need at a glance reporting every day. It's not affordable for a startup to have someone full time run reports. PW resolves that problem. With retain, PW resolves a collections team/agency. Their support has been great for us to answer our questions.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations to how software can treat reporting via API. So it cannot take into account every customer anomaly.

PW has resolved our issues of being pressed for time and money as a bootstrapped startup SaaS company doing whatever is necessary to make it. So glad that at-a-glance reporting is not something we have to worry about staffing for or paying a ridiculous service fee for. The retain service guaranteeing 100% ROI, is a big plus too to not worry about collections.

Administrator in Internet

"Very accurate - was the key to us using them"

What do you like best?

Accuracy was the biggest piece here. ProfitWell didn't have all of the features when we first started using it (they do now), but they've always been accurate for us. Other products we used didn't have this and had problems with different types of edge cases.

I'm also pretty surprised at the uptime and reliability of ProfitWell - ingesting our data took a bit, but once taken care of all of the reports loaded very quickly. We also haven't had any issues with uptime.

The support team is also very, very good, especially for a free product. When we had questions they offered to get on calls and explain everything.

Their content is also really, really good. Whenever I'm curious about a topic, I've found myself going to their blogs before other places, mainly because they've written about most of the topics out there.

What do you dislike?

My issue with ProfitWell are essentially the issues I have with most of these products - they're really good at reporting, but I want more information around insights. My churn is X, but is x good? bad? an anomaly? I just want more insights and maybe some benchmarks. I'd also like more depth and segmentation, mainly because we have all this data - now we want to use it more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask questions - they're super helpful and responsive.

Right now we're using ProfitWell for a good amount of our internal reporting, essentially the reporting we feel we should never be calculating. We also use ProfitWell to track our monthly goals, which is super helpful.

ProfitWell review by Jake P.
Jake P.

"Insanely useful metrics for SaaS companies"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to tell at a glance how we're doing with our growth, and it's great to be able to set a goal for each month. Plus the email & Slack updates I get each day prompt me to keep an eye on our metrics. Oh, and Retain—what can I say? It saves us a bunch of money, and it was zero setup.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tricky to navigate the app on mobile—I'd love to see a native app, or a mobile version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go! The team's great, super responsive, and the product just works.

We get detailed insights into our SaaS metrics. It lets us focus on growth, not reporting. And makes it a breeze to share our metrics with the team.

ProfitWell review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"Great software to track MRR"

What do you like best?

Unlike competitors, Profitwell is quite conservative in what it calls MRR: it gave me a clear and accurate picture, while other softwares were overestimating MRR.

The integration with Braintree was also very simple (using OAUTH, while others softwares asked me to go on the Braintree backend and generate credentials for them)

And well, it's free, which doesn't hurt!

What do you dislike?

As of today, ProfitWell doesn't support multiple data sources. This was an issue for me as I was considering switching from Braintree to Stripe, and would have appreciated to be able to aggregate all of my data to 1 dashboard. Apparently they got this feature coming for 2018 though.

Seeing a clear picture of MRR, being able to give clear updates to my teams every week.

ProfitWell review by August K.
August K.

"ProfitWell - Accurate SAAS Metrics Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the accuracy of ProfitWell's SAAS metrics. They compute MRR expansion and contraction immediately instead of waiting for the next billing cycle. MRR is also more accurate due to the way they include delinquent churn. Unlike their competitors they support the more advanced subscription features from Stripe such as multiple product subscription items per single customer.

What do you dislike?

The main dashboard could be a little better. i.e. It would be cool it it included more of the Growth Rate

metrics like ARR, Quick Ratio, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out.

ProfitWell helps me understand the health of my SAAS business and gives me the motivation to keep going!

ProfitWell review by Thibaut D.
Thibaut D.

"The best SaaS business metrics dashboard I ever used"

What do you like best?

What hooked me with ProfitWell at first was the "growth" tab and especially the ability to set monthly goals, which ProfitWell automatically tracks and sends updates about throughout the month. As I report on a weekly basis to my team, it's very helpful to tell them if we're on track with the objective.

In general, the reporting is the cleanest, and most accurate I've seen in all the softwares I tried.

What do you dislike?

As a conscious design choice, ProfitWell doesn't go beyond a monthly granularity, on any view. This works to keep the app clean and useful at a glance, but is a straight up limitation when you need to go beyond that.

Honestly, you shouldn't really need to check business metrics on a weekly/daily basis (at least as someone working on Growth I probably shouldn't spend time worrying), but since I report every week, it could be helpful to get a snapshot of that specific week instead of the evolution from the beginning of the month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the "Growth" feature, it's awesome and will go a long way in saving you time when comparing your metrics.

Not: I've only used the ProfitWell app dashboard. Didn't check the other Price Intelligently tools, so this review is focused on what I used.

Saving tons of time in reporting and not having to check other apps. I still use other tools from time to time but ProfitWell is now my go-to business metrics dashboard. I don't need to click around and fiddle with views to understand what's going, I just open it up and I'm good to go.

ProfitWell review by Błażej A.
Błażej A.

"The best SaaS metrics for free"

What do you like best?

I like using the main dashboard where I can set up a monthly goal. Metrics are clear and methodology is a little bit different than in another solution like Charmogul, so you can compare results in both and be more accurate.

What do you dislike?

There is no one strong thing that I can mention here. Time to time something does not working as it should, but these are minor things that not disturb in using a product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth to test. It's a free product that can give you lot of insights. No-brainer deal.

ProfitWell helps us with better understanding churn and offers predictions so we can easily estimate results.

ProfitWell review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Reliable, helpful and extraordinarily well designed"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell's interface is one of the best designed I've ever used, and they've kept on making it better since we started using it. It gives us quick and easy insights into our sales, MRR, ARR, projections, and how well we're growing over time. They give us an amazing set of tools for free, whereas other analytics companies would charge for it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike. I would like to see a video of their premium products, such as Retain, without having to request a demo.

It solves our need of sales analytics without us having to write custom reports ourselves. It gives great insight into our churn rates and other important data such as LTV and MRR.

ProfitWell review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Great tool to gain SAAS insights"

What do you like best?

I use ProfitWell everytime we have a SAAS finance related question. Before we started using ProfitWell we had to manually calculate things like MMR, upgrades, downgrades, churn, etc, and we were likely wrong a lot of the time. ProfitWell gives a solid baseline on the basics, extends into the more complicated metrics like LTV and Revenue Retention, and also covers us for more advanced analysis like seeing which of our plans has the most revenue, cohort growth, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I guess there's a lot of different screens to move between in order to see all of the information? Not sure how you'd show as much info as they show on one page.

See the 'what do we like best' section; this allows me to have a firm grasp on the financial state of our company without being a expert in SAAS financials. We use this data to make financial decisions, verify if the experiments we're running are working, and this serves up the data we need for our investors.

ProfitWell review by Eva R.
Eva R.

"LOVE ProfitWell - great product for recurring revenue businesses."

What do you like best?

I love the easy to digest metrics and retain widgets - really helpful when working on projections and looking for trends. I've even told my dev team to recommend to their other recurring revenue clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to report besides VERY occasionally the pages load slower than usual, but that's normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for any company of any size. These guys are dedicated to making a great product.

The business problems are solved just by having metrics and insights to growth, churn rate and retain methods at our finger tips. They do all they for you with user friendly filters and GREAT UX/UI.

ProfitWell review by Chris A R.
Chris A R.

"I Measure My Business' Health With ProfitWell"

What do you like best?

The app is intuitive, data is well organized, and it has every metric that I need to see how our business is doing month to date, or over longer trends.

What do you dislike?

When I get emails that we are behind our goal for the month :) But, the accountability is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's free to start and they offer a lot of support as you get going, so I've been really impressed with the company.

I am using the data inside ProfitWell to project our cashflow, decide how often to focus on selling our annual vs monthly plans, and determine how much I can spend to acquire a customer. I also constantly look at our trialing users to predict who will convert to a paying customer, and how that will impact our MRR.

ProfitWell review by Nelson J.
Nelson J.

"The heartbeat of our business"

What do you like best?

Profitwell was so easy to set up and start getting value from. We've been using since day 1 to measure our SaaS metrics 100% accurately. The daily emails keep everyone on the team up to date with the latest revenue numbers. At previous companies, this type of data took a full time employee to calculate.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have quite as many segmentation options as some competitors.

Knowing what our SasS metrics are minute to minute keeps our entire team focused on what matters. Having to pull this data manually would be a massive time investment

ProfitWell review by Jackson N.
Jackson N.

"Great product - free, actionable KPIs to build your SaaS business"

What do you like best?

Their Stripe integration makes it dead simple to review our KPIs. Analyzing the performance cohorts, viewing churn rates by plan types, etc. — all dead simple with ProfitWell. Plus others charge lots of $$ for this and it's free with ProfitWell.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, we have some odd transactions, like when a customer stops paying us by credit card and moves onto an annual plan paying by check/ACH. ProfitWell will, by default, present this as a churn and a new customer with affects our metrics.

Maybe we could adjust this ourselves with their API, haven't tried. But luckily when this occurs, the ProfitWell support team is super responsive to make manual adjustments in their backend.

KPI tracking, easier metric gathering for meetings, goal setting, etc. Plus we just started using their credit card dunning and have seen a reduction in delinquent churn.

ProfitWell review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Effortless SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

Before ProfitWell, I had to compute stats manually, which was time consuming, so I rarely did it. Now, I just have to log in and it's all there: customer count, churn, new business, MRR/ARR, historical data, and predictions of customer count and revenue, and more. The daily emails of progress are nice, too, as are the customizable goals.

What do you dislike?

Could be mobile-responsive, but on a desktop it's great.

Saving time not having to compute metrics. I also use Retain (which I also recommend) which automates follow-up for customers whose recurring payments have failed.

ProfitWell review by Nick G.
Nick G.

"Great way to track your growth"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to set growth goals each month and track how I'm doing against them. It's a really clear graphic and easy to set goals. I also really like the activity feed so I can quickly check new signups, upgrades, and downgrades.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes 30 minutes to an hour to see a new signup show up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and easy to setup, so I recommend diving right in a giving it a shot to see if it works for you. Their support team is responsive and awesome.

Profitwell is helping us track our growth and compare it to past results in an accurate and clear way that we couldn't get with just the data from our payment provider and database. We're using their retention feature as well to reduce delinquent churn.

Administrator in Internet

"Does the job. Great team."

What do you like best?

I think this sounds kind of negative, but I mean it so, so positively - I love ProfitWell because it does exactly what it says it does - it accurately tells us our numbers and does it with no uptime issues. We switched from one of their competitors because of this basically, and we haven't been disappointed, which is great. The reason the accuracy is so important is we use this data to report to our board and team. We ended up getting burned by another product as we were reporting the wrong numbers, which caused us not to be able to plan effectively.

There was an added bonus we didn't thin of, which was the team behind ProfitWell. They're the folks behind Price Intelligently and the content is just insanely good. When we on-boarded they ended up reaching out and we asked them a few questions that lead to us getting a ton of free analysis around what we should be doing with our churn and pricing. We didn't pay them anything and they never asked for anything, which was an experience I've never really experience after 15 years working in software. Was really cool. Plus, ProfitWell is free. Made me a little nervous when we signed up, but they explained the business model, which made a ton of sense (they make money through add-ons and such).

What do you dislike?

Fundamentals are strong, but want more features - always more features. They're working on some cool stuff, but we're a bigger company, so need a lot more to have ProfitWell fully replace our reporting. I"m assuming they'll get there, but we'd need some of these things to fully replace our reporting stack with ProfitWell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anytime you think you may have an issue, just ask the team. They're amazingly helpful.

We're using thew product mainly for our financial and customer reporting, which allows us to accurately know exactly what's going on at all times, which is great. Love the ability to also click down into any number to understand exactly what's going on with it or what aspects make up a particular change.

ProfitWell review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"Powerful tool to understand your SaaS business"

What do you like best?

Profitwell makes it extraordinarily simple to understand where your SaaS business is going right—and going wrong. Their charts are simple, yet detailed, and they have the right mix of customizations too. Their support has been outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. Have yet to find a problem that Neel and Patrick didn't take care of instantly—amazing team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. It's ex

We're trying to scale our SaaS business—growing the customer base, and especially trying to get the *right* customers. So the insight into our growth is crucial.

ProfitWell review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"A service each subscription business/SAAS company should use"

What do you like best?

Profitwell gives us a vital view on some core metrics of our business. It's free and does way more than many services that charge +$100/month.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Profitwell is great and should be used by each subscription business/SAAS company. It's a powerful tool.

We are able to have a view on vital metrics of our business just by connecting ProfitWell to our Stripe account. Since we've started to use ProfitWell we are feeling confident about our metrics and are sure that we are not missing any important piece of data.

ProfitWell review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing tool for SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

MRR calculation and Goals around it, so everyone on the team is committed to the same goal.

What do you dislike?

The collaboration model is not working well to allow one user, such as investor or mentor, to access many different companies dashboards. It also does not allow to save some views in a shared way, such as plans breakdown, so, every time o go back to the dashboard, I see the saved view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must use if you are a SaaS company.

Its our main dashboard for keeping track of our goals and unit economics. We use it on our daily basis to check the health of the company and make sure everyone is aware of it. Anyone can do anything, as soon as help on metrics :-)

ProfitWell review by User

"I love everything about this product and the company behind it. "

What do you like best?

ProfitWell is intuitive and pleasing to work with. I find myself coming back to it all the time because If I have a SaaS metrics question, it usually provides the answer. Another huge plus is the company behind it seems really good. Their support is great and the dev team keeps rolling out new stuff. Great product and company overall.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about ProfitWell. It would be cool if when I looked at the ''over all churn'' graph I could break it down by plan with a click of a button on that same screen...but this is a minor detail and there is probably a way to do this I'm not quite aware of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't hesitate to reach out to their friendly support staff.

Profitwell calculates our churn and LTV so we don't have to spend time doing this. Also, using their retain service, we get automation that helps us recover delinquent customers that maybe didn't realize their CC expired.

ProfitWell review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Everything you need to know about your business's revenue"

What do you like best?

Love that it has all the data we need right at our fingertips. Really like how I can quickly see who has cancelled, but not yet churned out.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to really dislike. Looking forward to future updates and ability to choose what metrics are on my dashboard.

I have a monitor dedicated to ProfitWell so it's always in view. We know exactly what our numbers are aside from just revenue (such as churn).

ProfitWell review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"I love profitwell so many muches"

What do you like best?

Profitwell gives me all of the key metrics I need for understanding my SAAS business so I can see trends, understand progress, and have the visibility I need to make informed decisions. As a bonus, the beautiful charts/graphs make preparing for investor meetings a snap.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I wish that I had more reports and more flexibility for slicing and dicing the data in Profitwell, but I'm certain that the team is making great progress on this for future updates.

The main problem it solves is understanding trends in bookings and revenue for my SAAS company. The benefit is that I can view and interpret the data without having a finance degree (or much aptitude).

ProfitWell review by Lennart K.
Lennart K.

"ProfitWell is a solid product with very good end responsive support"

What do you like best?

ProfitWell is very easy and intuitive to use. The most important aspects of the financial parts of a subscription based online business is readily available in a nice and clean interface.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Maybe some slightly more detailed explanation of the different terms and abbreviations used in the app would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ProfitWell to anybody running an online subscription based business. If you are already using stripe for payments setting up ProfitWell is a breeze.

With ProfitWell it is easy to follow the trends for recurring revenue, see what subscription plans are most effective and evaluate changes in regards to their effect on the rate of new subscriptions.

ProfitWell review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great for validating our revenue and growth numbers"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that I can quickly glance at our KPIs (MRR, Customers, LTV, ARPA, Churn) without having to do the calculations. We use ProfitWell as a benchmark on our internal KPI calculations and financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how opaque the LTV calculation is. I have no idea how ProfitWell calculates LTV. I've read all of ProfitWell's blog posts on this matter but they're not very transparent on this metric. It would be very helpful if their methodology was disclosed and clearly explained. There shouldn't be anything proprietary about a calculation. In fact, it adds value for your customers. If we decide to adopt ProfitWell's LTV calculation, we need to justify why we calculated LTV that way... we can reference or justify a blackbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't completely rely on ProfitWell, especially if you're collecting payments from non-Stripe methods. But ProfitWell is a great benchmark to compare your internal numbers.

Quickly and easily calculating and tracking and growth metrics. This has saved lots of time and allows us to focus on *moving the needle* instead of calculating where the needle is.

ProfitWell review by Gilles B.
Gilles B.

"Great, affordable insights for any SaaS"

What do you like best?

We love the monthly growth objectives and the growth trend chart. They are great to make sure we stay on tracks. Also, the Pulse notification with Slacks are great to keep everyone informed on the team.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Maybe it would be nice to have breakdowns based on user attributes (company types, geo, etc.).

We have proper insights on our growth rate, reporting to the team and investors is as easy as a Slack integration or a screenshot.

ProfitWell review by Gustavo C.
Gustavo C.

"Using Profitwell it's really a good experience!!"

What do you like best?

Easygoing system, adaptive, you can do a lot of changes that helps better you show your numbers and

specificity of your industry.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to import customers by sheets. As my system is not integrated to Profitwell, I have to organize all my customers one by one importing manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sheets (Excel and google) importation

We could see better our metrics with clear and understandable graphics.

ProfitWell review by David S.
David S.

"Amazing support and app!"

What do you like best?

I've been using this app for two years and love it (and their team). The team is super helpful. Patrick even got on the phone with me to take a call.

The app itself does everything I need, literally. It tells me all the business analytics I need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I like it all. Maybe having a smoother paypal integration?

Keeping track of business metrics - I wish I had signed up earlier!

ProfitWell review by Henrik L.
Henrik L.

"Lots of insights for free"

What do you like best?

Our main business is not coming from credit card deals so it is great to be able to start getting insights via ProfitWell for free. Lots of info available.

Support is top notch and personal.

What do you dislike?

Braintree integration is not complete, missing important metrics like free trial to paid conversion rate.

Comparing our plans is a breeze.

ProfitWell review by Philip M.
Philip M.

"Great tool, essential for any SaaS tool"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, accurate numbers, free, and extremely useful for running my business.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything negative so far, it works as expected.

Being able to keep on top of your Monthly Recurring Revenue is an essential part of running any subscription business. ProfitWell makes it really simple to integrate with Stripe and immediately see all sorts of useful metrics that help you understand, and then grow your business!

ProfitWell review by Benoît H.
Benoît H.

"Can't be easier to use!"

What do you like best?

It took me a few minutes to enable the integration with Stripe and get my data. Reports are very clear and easy to use. Can't be easier to use for me!

What do you dislike?

If I have lots of manual subscriptions to add, it can take quite some time. Would be nice to be able to load a spreadsheet.

Growth and Subscription Reporting for a SaaS Product.

ProfitWell review by Alper C.
Alper C.

"Great platform for making better decisions."

What do you like best?

ProfitWell has helped us cross-check our numbers, find additional places for improvement in our flows and offerings.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. The mobile responsiveness would definitely help. We are looking forwards to utilizing newly added features/products.

It enables us to stay on top of the short term changes while giving visibility to effects over longer periods.

ProfitWell review by Ken R.
Ken R.

"Simple SaaS Metrics"

What do you like best?

I love being able to quickly see how subscriber growth is tracking against my goals. Also provides insight into churn and overall revenue trends.

What do you dislike?

Not exactly a dislike - but PayPal support would be helpful, since some subscribers prefer using that.

Tracking subscriber and revenue KPIs, also using the "Retain" service for dunning.

ProfitWell review by Eri L.
Eri L.

"Track growth with easy to understand statistics."

What do you like best?

Accurate growth and churn numbers. Great insight on customer count, revenue and MRR.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot. Delays in numbers updating. It would be great to have longer trend projection.

Measuring growth is the key to any business. Accurate numbers provides the data you need to understand what works and what does not.

ProfitWell review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Awesome SaaS Metrics!"

What do you like best?

The best way to accurately report on your SaaS Metrics and it's free. It pulls in all the data from our Stripe account. The cashflow section is also incredibly useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. Easily the most valuable free product we use.

We get all our SaaS metrics as well as Cash Flow.

ProfitWell review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Very handy software"

What do you like best?

Help's me keep track of some key stats without much work on my part.

What do you dislike?

I have not had much use for their "recover" product.. nothing against it, just not something Ih ave used yet.

Keep track of my monthly metrics.

ProfitWell review by Zach S.
Zach S.

"Yeah, use this and be happy"

What do you like best?

It is free and useful. It's not that it is free and lacks features or benefits. It's free and it's really practical and useful information. What's better than that? Oh, and they seem to be constantly updating it... That's awesome if you ask me.

What do you dislike?

I literally cannot think of one thing that I dislike. Why would I dislike this free service???

Managing key subscription metrics. The reports are seamless and useful.

ProfitWell review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Best and Cheapest way to look at your numbers"

What do you like best?

It's free and super simple to set up. It connects to the payment providers we use and automatically gives us the financial data we need.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was even more specific to my business, but that feels like too much to ask!

We need to know exactly what our current MRR is, what our churn is, and what the trends are. Profitwell handles all of this right out of the box.

ProfitWell review by User in Internet

"Best SaaS metrics."

What do you like best?

Love the modern simplicity of ProfitWell, and that they've obviously done a lot of work to make each chart easily consumable.

What do you dislike?

When I started with ProfitWell, I would have loved a Paypal integration, but that is less relevant for us now a few years down the track.

Taking Braintree data and making it easily understandable.

ProfitWell review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Awesomely simple to use"

What do you like best?

From connecting for the first time to visiting your performance daily, ProfitWell is intuitive and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i wish i could see my growth few times a day, but i guess it's just me being impatient :)

Watching my churn constantly while implementing different techniques gives me the ability to modify the ones that perform the best.

ProfitWell review by Celeste G.
Celeste G.

"SAAS Customer Data Analysis Tool"

What do you like best?

Simple plug and play dashboard that will give you an instant high-level analysis of your user data.

What do you dislike?

Reports are not very transparent so it is hard to doublecheck accuracy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up! It's FREE.

A great way to share constantly updated churn and revenue data with my team.

ProfitWell review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Well designed dashboard gives excellent insight into SaaS metrics"

What do you like best?

Full overview of all your metrics

Zero cost

Opportunity to utilise dunning functionality (Retain)

What do you dislike?

A little clunky to maintain customers outside of Stripe

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic product - Give it a go!

In depth reporting and analysis

ProfitWell review by Enrique P.
Enrique P.

"Excellent Metrics"

What do you like best?

Fabulous, intuitive interface. Actionable data and their service helps us reduce churn in a mesurable way

What do you dislike?

Tool is generally strong. Have no specific dislikes. We're happy paying for this service. It pays for itself.

Adequate profiling and measurement of our key user engagement metrics

ProfitWell review by Colin H.
Colin H.

"Excellent Insights "

What do you like best?

Easy to dig into numbers and get data on how we're performing. Often we find things we didn't expect or can drive decisions that shape the direction of the business.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike since the new version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no brainer for any SaaS company.

Board reporting and month on month growth comparison.

Administrator in Internet

"Helpful service for MRC businesses"

What do you like best?

It provides data on your Stripe account that you may not already have about your new subscriptions and churn. It's an easy way to gauge how your subscription business is doing.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge problem but there are not a whole lot of features it has that we use aside from the dashboard that lets us know how our MRC is doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to get hooked up with your Stripe account so evaluating it is easy to do.

Keeping track of our subscription revenue.

Learning about ProfitWell?

* We monitor all ProfitWell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.