ProfitWell

ProfitWell provides subscription and SaaS metrics that are 100% accurate and absolutely free. Sign up takes 1-click, giving you access to your monthly recurring revenue, churn, lifetime value, and all of your other necessary subscription financial metrics. Integrates with Stripe, Braintree, Zuora, Chargebee, Chargify, Recurly, and others with the ProfitWell API.

Work for ProfitWell?

Showing 26 ProfitWell reviews
ProfitWell review by <span>Arvid K.</span>
Arvid K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I'm using ProfitWell to keep an eye on the revenue metrics, particularly since I don't have the domain knowledge as a technical founder to extract or even find them without serious work. The product is free, and their upsell product is non-intrusive.

The Stripe integration is superb, which makes ProfitWell almost hilariously easy to set up.

The UI was reworked recently, and is now (even) more clear and concise. The visualizations are understandable and instructive, and their customer support is excellent - I had a small hiccup with my Stripe plans and they resolved it immediately.

What do you dislike?

The few wishes I have would be to have more insight into how ProfitWell calculates certain values and to have a way of forecasting a full year, but that is certainly a non-essential feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If nothing else, ProfitWell will present new insights into your business. It has a great Stripe and Slack integration and their marketing is subdued and friendly.

I need to keep track of my metrics. Actually, I need to find out which metrics are actually there to keep track of. ProfitWell allows me to browse current and historical data about my subscription plans, which led me to understand how well CLTV correlated with plan choice. That alone intensified my marketing efforts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProfitWell
ProfitWell review by <span>Pawel B.</span>
Pawel B.
Validated Review

Instant, accurate and reliable SaaS metrics

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love using the product. It's simple but the insights derived are very useful. Contains just the right level of complexity to be useful without getting us bogged down with unnecessary clutter. Also, their engineering team simply rocks, whenever I had to interact with them I was absolutely impressed with the thought they put into the product.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. I think it would be useful to know more about how they forecast the metrics for the current month but that's a minor thing. I love the product and the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's a no brainer. Especially if you are growing the company from $0 MRR, this is all you need to get started. It seriously helped us to get a better handle on our key metrics.

Setting monthly MRR targets and tracking the progress. Monitoring cash-flow. Monitoring churn/retention.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

ProfitWell review by <span>Jake P.</span>
Jake P.
Validated Review

Insanely useful metrics for SaaS companies

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's really easy to tell at a glance how we're doing with our growth, and it's great to be able to set a goal for each month. Plus the email & Slack updates I get each day prompt me to keep an eye on our metrics. Oh, and Retain—what can I say? It saves us a bunch of money, and it was zero setup.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tricky to navigate the app on mobile—I'd love to see a native app, or a mobile version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go! The team's great, super responsive, and the product just works.

We get detailed insights into our SaaS metrics. It lets us focus on growth, not reporting. And makes it a breeze to share our metrics with the team.

ProfitWell review by <span>Thomas G.</span>
Thomas G.

Great software to track MRR

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Unlike competitors, Profitwell is quite conservative in what it calls MRR: it gave me a clear and accurate picture, while other softwares were overestimating MRR.

The integration with Braintree was also very simple (using OAUTH, while others softwares asked me to go on the Braintree backend and generate credentials for them)

And well, it's free, which doesn't hurt!

What do you dislike?

As of today, ProfitWell doesn't support multiple data sources. This was an issue for me as I was considering switching from Braintree to Stripe, and would have appreciated to be able to aggregate all of my data to 1 dashboard. Apparently they got this feature coming for 2018 though.

Seeing a clear picture of MRR, being able to give clear updates to my teams every week.

ProfitWell review by <span>Jonathan B.</span>
Jonathan B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

ProfitWell's interface is one of the best designed I've ever used, and they've kept on making it better since we started using it. It gives us quick and easy insights into our sales, MRR, ARR, projections, and how well we're growing over time. They give us an amazing set of tools for free, whereas other analytics companies would charge for it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike. I would like to see a video of their premium products, such as Retain, without having to request a demo.

It solves our need of sales analytics without us having to write custom reports ourselves. It gives great insight into our churn rates and other important data such as LTV and MRR.

ProfitWell review by <span>Brian S.</span>
Brian S.
Validated Review

Great tool to gain SAAS insights

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use ProfitWell everytime we have a SAAS finance related question. Before we started using ProfitWell we had to manually calculate things like MMR, upgrades, downgrades, churn, etc, and we were likely wrong a lot of the time. ProfitWell gives a solid baseline on the basics, extends into the more complicated metrics like LTV and Revenue Retention, and also covers us for more advanced analysis like seeing which of our plans has the most revenue, cohort growth, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I guess there's a lot of different screens to move between in order to see all of the information? Not sure how you'd show as much info as they show on one page.

See the 'what do we like best' section; this allows me to have a firm grasp on the financial state of our company without being a expert in SAAS financials. We use this data to make financial decisions, verify if the experiments we're running are working, and this serves up the data we need for our investors.

Learning about ProfitWell?

* We monitor all ProfitWell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.