Project Portfolio Management is challenging at many different levels; that's why we offer a wide range of fee-based services to ensure your success.

Work for
Bigtime projmang  2x

Learning about

We can help you find the solution that fits you best. Reviews

Ask a Question
LinkedIn Connections review by <span>Stephanie R.</span>
Stephanie R.

You can bet on Project dot Net

Updated On
What do you like best?

I like the Resources section because it is classified as "high level view" - I can keep tract of the members working on a project and keep tract of the projects through the project collaboration features. It boasts about having all the project information in one place and offers blogs as well as online collaboration between two people or a whole group of people. I like the fact that this program allows the user with a What Shall I Do Today? section and works through the projects piece by piece. Here is what I like in terms of user-friendly: there are specialty tabs that allow for Personal, Business, Resources, Project Collaboration. In the Business tab, for instance, we can organize the people and the project(s) we are working on and can organized the data to suit our project. On the resources, we can list all the active members and what they are doing.

What do you dislike?

This program is a little too business orientated for me to use regularly in Education. I tried using some of the features, but found too much data and not enough visuals. Plus, I work with teenagers ranging from 13-19 years old. I work mostly with younger ones, whereas this program is geared toward older, more mature teenagers as well as adults. I do not have the business background (especially with online applications), so I tend toward more "Teacher friendly" programs and applications - I am totally not sure that Project dot Net would qualify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just as I was saying about the various tabs in working with this program, there are personal, business, resources, and project collaboration which aids tremendously when working on a project, particularly for a large group of people.

We in the classroom are using simulated applications and are doing some If/Then experiments where the problems can be linked to real-life application, but are not necessarily existent currently.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about
Headshots review by <span>Ashish K.</span>
Ashish K.

As an open source its a value add on

What do you like best?

provides a range of features and functionality that can help anyone who works on projects.

What do you dislike?

Often have a learning curve that varies based on the program's complexity

Funds reallocation: The software can also give managers the ability to reallocate and shift tasks easily. For instance, if two team members finish a task early, the manager can use the software to get them started on another task quickly.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Project Management solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Asana Logo
Asana is the shared task list for your team–the place to plan, organize and stay in sync.
Basecamp Logo
Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones.
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Logo
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) helps you get started quickly and execute projects with ease. Built-in templates, familiar scheduling tools, and access across devices increase productivity for project managers and teams.
Smartsheet Logo
Smartsheet is an intuitive online project management and collaboration tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing & workflow.
Wrike Logo
Wrike is all-in-one project management software that helps remote and co-located teams get more things done together.
Paymo Logo
Simple project management app that bundles task management, time tracking and invoicing
Workfront Logo
Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools.
TeamGantt Logo
TeamGantt is effortless project planning and collaboration. Intuitive, beautiful gantt charts combined with task level communication and file sharing.
Podio Logo
Podio lets you get work done with your co-workers and clients on a social work platform that you make your own.
Teamwork Projects Logo
Teamwork Projects
(191) is an easy-to-use online project management software application that helps managers, staff and clients work together more productively together online.

Learning about

* We monitor all reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.