Project Portfolio Office (PPO)

(15 reviews)

Project Portfolio Office (PPO) helps organisations achieve greater project success by implementing and adopting a simple to use, cost effective, configurable yet enterprise scalable project portfolio management application to plan, manage, collaborate, execute and report on their projects, programmes and portfolios.

Work for Project Portfolio Office (PPO)?

Learning about PPO?

Compare Project Portfolio Office (PPO) to Similar Solutions

Project Portfolio Office (PPO) Reviews

Ask PPO a Question
Showing 15 PPO reviews
PPO review by Prudence M.
Prudence M.

"A complete PM solution"

What do you like best?

the software is scalable to your organizations project management maturity so you can start where you are with simple process and grow the process and functionality as your organization matures.

What do you dislike?

we are in the setup stages of the implementation and I haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been working with PPO for the past few months to setup a brand new PMO in our organization and the process has been like nothing I’ve been through before.

PPO is passionate about project management and the value a good project management culture can bring to an organization, they understand that good software is only a portion of the solution. The PPO team have used they’re vast experience in the Project Management space to coach and guide us through the journey of implementing a PMO in an organization that is new to the project management way of thinking, having the PPO team backing and guiding us has been invaluable. Their passion for project management is contagious, they’re experience in the field is enviable but the fact they they’re willing share this knowledge and the lessons they’ve learnt to help us succeed is what sets them apart. I’m excited for the future success of our PMO and what will no doubt be a long and happy relationship with PPO.

something that we have never had before is visibility on all the projects organization, this new information allows business to assess and if necessary re-align the efforts and expenditure of the business units to ensure that we are all working toward a unified goal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Project Portfolio Office (PPO)
PPO review by Retha S.
Retha S.

"PPO in real projects"

What do you like best?

I was initially introduced to PPO when I was looking for a project reporting solution for our very new and immature PMO. The first things that made me sit up and take a look was that this application was a South African (home made) solution, that could generate sexy reports to our executives at a relatively low cost compared to other PM tools available. On implementation of the solution in our business unit, it became clear that we never really had a grip on the amount of projects we were running in our PMO, nor were we effectively reporting the progress, quality or benefits of these projects to the business. PPO enabled us to accurately report this to a wider audience on a much quicker basis than was previously possible.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see a mobile application developed to enable stakeholders and sponsors to access real time reports on projects that is important to them. The subscription structure could also be amended to subscribe stakeholders and sponsors at a lesser cost than a normal user subscription.

Better alignment and dependencies between projects in a program would really assist with resource management, risk and change (variation) Management across projects an programs.

I would also implement another adoption strategy to enable quicker adoption and acceptance with users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use application, that is easily integrated into current processes. Has a wide range of standard reports that enables projects. Everything on the application could be customized to fulfill your PM needs

Quick Overview of projects within our instance. Easy cost analysis.

What Project and Portfolio Management solution do you use?

PPO review by Mary-Ann L.
Mary-Ann L.

"PPO on the GO.....please !!!"

What do you like best?

The ability to have all my projects in one place, even though they may be at various project stages, as well as to be able to update the project's status from work and home at any given time.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the ability to use PPO as a mobile application, especially when doing site visits. It will cut down on the double work, i.e. drafting or capturing a voice note and then getting back to the office to capture same on PPO.

PPO is faster during early morning or later at night. During working hours, it slows down a tad.... and the capturing time slows down...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give PPO a chance, it is always difficult to break from ingrained habits on running projects. The wonderful PPO trainers introduce PPO to you, and after understanding your needs on how you wish to deliver your projects succesfully, they will show you how to use the product.

Change and learning is always good.

The Director of Capital Planning & Projects has a bird's eye view of all the projects managed by his professional team. He is able to meet with his team members one on one with regards their projects' status, as well as a full team meeting.

As a project manager, PPO has given me the opportunity to capture all related project information, costs, etc. under one programme.

I am able to assess daily where my projects are with regards to programmed work, costs, etc.

I start and plan my day daily using PPO, especially with my captured actions with reminders.

PPO review by Nancy J.
Nancy J.

"PPO - Simply the best!"

What do you like best?

It is a cost-effective, integrated, easy-to-use, top-down and bottom-up delivery management solution.

It allows a customer to do their own customisation, but still give goods guidance to ensure performance isn’t compromised.

PPO is always available for guidance, to mentor you on the best possible solutions or to sound board against when you need to design a solution.

PPO keeps the tool current by looking at users’ requirements and finding ways to improve the experience where possible.

PPO being a cloud-based solution allowing users to work on PPO no matter where you are or from which device as long as you have connectivity.

What do you dislike?

Dependant on PPO to develop and alter reports

The way you store documentation is cumbersome

Multiple edit of requests and employees would have been nice

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a cost effective initial set-up that is easy to implement

Ensure your business case is calculated based on long term licensing costs

1. We had multiple non-integrated tools that we needed to replace and was looking for a single platform solution

a. Some tools were running on outdated technology

b. One tool was very complex and expensive (non-local) and we wanted to find a more cost effective solution

c. We also needed to address a support risk on one of these tools.

2. Duplicate functionality between tools

3. Creating reports and dashboards manually

4. Cumbersome manual built-up metrics and tracking

5. Expensive and limited local support

The implementation of PPO in SPF consolidated multiple tools on multiple platforms to one complete solution. This enabled us to:

1. Simplify metrics and trend extractions

2. Managed all our various delivery vehicles from one platform including: Projects, Ongoing Releases and Support.

3. Manage demand and supply and tracking the actuals

4. Reports directly from system

5. Locally based support that is always available and willing to help

PPO review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"The easiest part of my daily grind"

What do you like best?

The ease of getting info quickly - everything is at one's fingertips. Filters are easy to set up to retrieve the correct information and the Super Awesome Support Team are always available to interact and help with the many challenges I throw at them.

What do you dislike?

Tab titles should indicate which report is open or which area in PPO one is busy with and not the title one's company name (I already know which company I work for!) :) Some of us have many tabs open simultaneously all the time and flip back and forth for different information - with all tabs having the same name it gets a bit confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assess your needs and interact with the PPO team for your customised solution

Single platform for Management reporting on important project elements for large value projects individually and for portfolio reporting of many projects which their selection criteria.

PPO review by christelle c.
christelle c.

"RAG status at a glance"

What do you like best?

The health indicators on PPO is a very helpful dashboard for EXco and Sr Management. At a glance it tells the holistic story of what state the project is in. I have seen how PM's creates "how green is your valley" views and then the risk log and milestone plan tells a contradictory story. PPO is well tied together where the management areas integrates with one another.

What do you dislike?

We unfortunately don't use the resource scheduling and timekeeping functions. We have a bespoke system for that. It would have been wonderful to use these features of PPO in an integrated manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't customize too much!

It enables us to have a Portfolio view of projects per delivery area. It creates a view of the interdependencies and trends; it provides inputs into the enterprise risk management of the company.

PPO review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"We've Tried the rest then PPO showed us their BEST!!"

What do you like best?

Well for starters we had the best hands on "Re-implementation" Team who helped us make the system work better for our company. Not only were they great at CUSTOMER SERVICE from Guy Jelley and Lindi and her team but they went over and above what was expected from them.

What do you dislike?

Well, the way certain functions work on PPO like when you work on a Project you have to scroll back up to submit.... I think that could be changed to work better :D

If I start with our list I could be here all day. But mainly we got business to buy into the product we use as our Data Repository and the fact that we can now export our PMO EXCO report from the system :)

PPO review by User

"PM software like no other"

What do you like best?

Having visibility to all the projects and being able to report on them is great. In the past, setting up of the PMO was not successful due to the lack of visibility and with PPO I now have the buy in and confidence from the executive level that the PMO will be a success this time.

I have not had any formal training on PPO but I am able to navigate my way around, with the help of the Support Portal, and that just shows how user friendly PPO is.

What do you dislike?

Since these are the early stages of setting up the PMO I have not found anything that does not work for my organisation and the maturity level of the PMO as yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PPO is easy to use, easy to implement and it is cost-effective (charging only per active license)

Single reporting platform for various levels of reporting from Executive Sponsor to Exco forum with the use of the varied reports available. I am able to do so on Portfolio level which is quite important in our business currently, to ensure all the projects we are working on are strategically aligned with our end goal.

PPO review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"PPO in an ePMO"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, reporting collaboration and the engagement of the team. We have a complex environment and PPO has been able to simplify our implementation so that it is an evolutionary experience which does not overwhelm the team but which is able to add value from day 1

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike but the risk that it could become so complex and try to be all things for all people. Need to manage stakeholder expectations carefully

Running an enterprise PMO for strategic programmers we are able to apply better governance and standardize on reporting. Most importantly it is able to increase visibility so that the PMO knows where to focus our energy

PPO review by Tamara P.
Tamara P.

"PPO - A great tool for everything in one place"

What do you like best?

A great tool to have all information in one place and reporting one source of truth.

It also alleviates a lot of time doing manual reporting when project managers don't have time for all the admin, PPO allows this to be quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike - its a great tool!

PPO review by Ferdie V.
Ferdie V.

"PPO in all types of projects"

What do you like best?

PPO enables rapid deployment and RAID (risks, actions, issues, decisions) management from day one. What I like best is PPO's ability to reduce waste.

What do you dislike?

Some functions could be done in a few less clicks

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it was my business I would get PPO. I would start with PPO as close as possible to vanilla, establish a change control board and start realising value and make improvements as the environment matures.

PPO helps to solve a lack of ownership, transparency and visibility.

PPO review by Barend C.
Barend C.

"PPO is great for the PMO maturity journey"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly mobilise & grow a projects environment at relatively low cost.

Has all the key functionality to take you far on the maturity curve.

The ease to get going.

What do you dislike?

Lack of custom reporting functionality

Interdependent project views & functionality

Some data capture a bit linear

Recommendations to others considering the product

1.Do not configure beyound the basics

2.Operate for 6 months

Sales CRM

Contract Management

PPO review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"PPM as a project management tool & resource"

What do you like best?

PPM is a user-friendly; easy to use; highly efficient & effective tool used for our project & portfolio management. Our strategic objectives are achieved via PPM. The PPO staff are extremely friendly & always willing to assist.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind currently that I dislike about PPM.

Our business strategy is rolled out via the PPM tool. We can easily perform portfolio analyses on our projects & hence focus on our key priorities using the allocated resources, (people & associated costs). We can visually present our portfolio progress to management via the relevant Steercom discussions.

PPO review by Zakiyya C.
Zakiyya C.

"PPO as a Project Management Tool of choice "

What do you like best?

Simple to navigate and easy to use. Gives one view of projects. I like the automated reporting

What do you dislike?

The msp integration with the calculated fields

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support from PPO during implementation and using it in the best possible way for our buisness has been amazing

One global view of projects and resources as well as standardized reporting

PPO review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"PPO is the best tool to use for running projects."

What do you like best?

Efficient tool to delivery project reports and have a view of project activities.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes, I just need to explore all functionality to get the best out of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its always a delightful experience to use the tool. Support from the ninjas as the support team in called is great.

Efficient management of projects.

Learning about Project Portfolio Office (PPO)?

* We monitor all Project Portfolio Office (PPO) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Project Portfolio Office (PPO) to Similar Solutions