ProjectManager.com

3.9

SaaS-based Project Management Software.

Work for ProjectManager.com?

Learning about ProjectManager.com?

ProjectManager.com Reviews

Ask ProjectManager.com a Question
Showing 18 ProjectManager.com reviews
ProjectManager.com review by Markus W.
Markus W.

"Extra effort for capacity planing"

What do you like best?

the huge overview of the projects, the workload for each developer, we can see the workload based on hours thats great, we can organize our developer over all projects, the reporting is good

What do you dislike?

We have a huge extra effort with the capacity planning. If i set a day in the calender as a holiday or non working day. The tool count and show the hours in the work flow. We do not work on a holiday and we have extra effort to set those hours on 0. We have a lot of Task in a project. If i forget to set the holidays to 0, our capacity planing is wrong. If we do not solve this problem this will be the show stoper for this tool in our project planning.

If we can not solve the problem with the capacity planing an the imports/API we can not use this tool further on

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProjectManager.com
ProjectManager.com review by Administrator

"Wouldn't Recommend to Anyone You Care About"

What do you like best?

Used 3 times during free trial, never had the chance to learn any of the features

What do you dislike?

Their own documentation specifically shows there was 3 uses during the free trial, then no use for two months until I noticed they were charging me $264.39 per month. I went online to try and cancel the account but in the end had to call in to cancel.

I have never received any receipts from Project Manager for either of the transactions they processed through my credit card. I only found out after seeing it on my bill after 2 billings. I've only every received 1 email from project manager and that was on the days I signed up for the free trial and a reply to my support request cancelling the account.

Hiding a clause in the fine print of an agreement the company knows full well most people don't read all the way through in any kind of thorough manner. They can full well see I have not used their product, outside of the free trial, yet they still feel the need to rip off their clients.

To add to that they felt it was ok to charge me for 10 Users who, not one of them, ever used the system as stated on the evidence they provided my credit card company. I may have been playing around in their free trial period with several users but to charge me for 10 Users is ridiculous.

I did try to have them understand my point of view and was replied with the standard "you should have read all of our fine print"

A grand total of $526.78 on something that I never used........guess ProjectManager.com needed my money more than I did.

None

What Project Management solution do you use?

ProjectManager.com review by William L.
William L.

"Simple & Intuitive"

What do you like best?

It's not only convenient but it's a necessity that any project management tool offers full integration with our company's existing software. The fact that this is able to seamless do so across Salesforce and Dropbox, and several others is what I like best.

What do you dislike?

While it's intuitive and straightforward, I think wish the customization to the plans were a bit more robust in terms of formatting its presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pressure-test this thoroughly. You don't want to experience any shortcomings to your process when you've migrated over. With that said, I think you'll be pleasantly surprise with how easy, intuitive, and robust ProjectManager.com is.

One of the biggest challenges or barriers is getting cross-functional teams to fully commit and utilize this. So I like the fact that this PM tool mitigates barriers and makes accessibility across devices seamless.

ProjectManager.com review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Simple & User friendly"

What do you like best?

It is simple. user friendly product and does not require much training to use.

What do you dislike?

There are some of the basic requirements that are missing.

1. Ability to provide different types of access to projects for the users with same role. eg: If there are 5 managers and we would like to provide Manager A with edit access and rest of the managers with view only access to a specific project, it is not possible. It is all access or no access on projects.

2. Ability to track the changes made by other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try exploring all the options with all of your projects.

Do a trial run for a couple of months with real data and activities.

Streamlines the project management activities and have a portfolio dashboard which helps the PMO.

ProjectManager.com review by Administrator

"PM is the best one I've tried for the money"

What do you like best?

The monthly fee is low enough that even a public university can afford to use it, but it is robust enough to help you manage projects across teams in multiple departments as well as external agencies. The format is very customizable for use with widely varied projects from building apps to developing new clinical programs in a hospital.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is comprehensive but you can't change the format - you have to clean up the report after you run it to make it look the way you want; that is you can't just ask for the data and then format it the way you want, you have to accept a formatted report and then revise it.

It automates the management of milestones, due dates of deliverables and financial reporting as well as MS Project does for a lot less money.

ProjectManager.com review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Meets our needs, but nothing fancy"

What do you like best?

The app is extremely easy to use and on-board. Entering projects is a breeze and seeing your projected tasks is simple on the dashboard. You can use deadlines and link tasks to project out. You can also check capacities of people. There is even a time sheet built in to track how long it takes so next year's plans are easier to predict.

What do you dislike?

There are only a few features that I dislike. 1. When someone changes the project, you get a notification, but it isn't logged as to what the change was.

2. You can't customize alerts per user; it's per user group.

3. There is nothing fun about it, unlike Asana.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a feature you'd like to see, the Support team is willing to listen and make it happen. We did this with a few suggestions and they incorporated them into the software.

We've been using ProjectManager.com for about a year. We use this service for enterprise-wide projects, while our team uses Asana for more simple shorter tasks and items. ProjectManager keeps the company organized and on-track when used properly. This means you need a Project Manager to be most effective. It takes quite a bit of time to build a well-thought out plan.

ProjectManager.com review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Easy-To-Use Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple to use. It takes next to no training. The only real work involved in implementing the software was internal processes.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that when tasks are linked and the first person finishes their task, it doesn't notify the next person that it is time to do their task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! The software is great and the support is amazing!

Our projects have been much more organized since using ProjectManager.com. The reports and dashboards make it easy to know exactly where we are in each project.

ProjectManager.com review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"easy to use, great customer service and very useful !"

What do you like best?

found projectmanager.com to be better than MS project; more than an alternative.It has great team collaboration and can be accessed anywhere . The user interface is very simple . very easy to use with very useful features.

What do you dislike?

price could be more affordable, could launch some offers for users. forecasting features could be built into the system and report generation could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely worth using, try it and you will find it useful

have been using projectmanager,com for managing personal projects, it has been very useful to me,

ProjectManager.com review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great tool for repeatable projects"

What do you like best?

We used this as our implementation project tool for a small company that had 20 similar implementations occurring at once for the same type project.

What do you dislike?

Too many alerts that needed to be managed by the individual user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has a wide selection of features that are available to use. The phone app allows staff to mark their work complete and sends reminders as often as you set them. Has a lot of the same features that MS project has but for a fraction of the cost.

Creating a template for an implementation project that was repeatable for many times throughout the month for different customers.

ProjectManager.com review by User in Computer Software

"ProjectManager.com a tool that project managers should be using"

What do you like best?

ProjectManager.com allows you to update your project anywhere and at anytime.

This tool enables you to share reports with your teammates online. ProjectManager.com is user-friendly and also very easy to use.

The customer support is very good.

What do you dislike?

Project planning with ProjectManager.com is difficult and it is always very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every project manager should look for ProjectManager.com, so that his or her work can be more efficient.

ProjectManager.com has really helped our organization to manage our projects easily. Monitoring and evaluation of projects is now very easy just because of this tool.

ProjectManager.com review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Good software"

What do you like best?

ProjectManager is very easy to use with friendly web interface.

What do you dislike?

For some reason mobile app didn`t work as expected but we tried it only once. It could be a user error.

We are tracking live projects between multiple teams. ProjectManager helps us to get updates in a real time which helps to deliver projects faster and more accurate.

ProjectManager.com review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"ProjectManager.com is the best software that allows you generates reports about projects progress"

What do you like best?

This software allows you to easily generate reports and it pretty simple to use. You can manage several projects at the same time with this software something that many other software cannot do

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is very slow for pages to load. The customer support is not that good it needs a lot of improvement

Recommendations to others considering the product

To solve all the problems that you encounter as a project manager you really need this software

All project problems such as monitoring and generating reports are solved by this software

ProjectManager.com review by karen c.
karen c.

"Project manger"

What do you like best?

the ability to keep track of on going issues and to see where I am weekly

What do you dislike?

Hard for older managers to grasp how to work it. It's better for the younger people

It helps us stay on schedule with multi state jobs and it's helped with budget concerns

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

This product is intuitive and helpful. It was easy to set up and I was using it on the first day

What do you dislike?

Report writer is a bit onerous. Hard to set up customized reports

Project management in a variety of areas from IT development to Program development to event planning

ProjectManager.com review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Best for my projects"

What do you like best?

Great combination of tools for project management in higher education.

What do you dislike?

the calendar is a little unweildy if there are a lot of tasks in one day

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very similar to MS Project, very flexible and robust app.

managing task forces - helps to keep track of many projects at once

ProjectManager.com review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Does what is supposed to do and does it well"

What do you like best?

The feature set. It's great, intuitive and easy to sue.

What do you dislike?

I can't name something that stand out enough to say I don't like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Works very well.

Project tracking.

ProjectManager.com review by User

"Great for time keeping"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows us to look at different projects and the time it takes to complete them all.

What do you dislike?

I don’t typically dislike everything but I know our accounting department says sometimes it’s confusing.

Time management and project completion

ProjectManager.com review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Training video is really quality"

What do you like best?

training for a new user, report chart is useful

What do you dislike?

It's nothing, but interface is quite bad, we want to customize

Recommendations to others considering the product

Suitable with small company and simple team

It's necessary for management, tracking progress

Learning about ProjectManager.com?

* We monitor all ProjectManager.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.