What do you like best?
- I like that its written in go.
- Addresses monitoring microservices.
- It collects time series data.
- Integrates with PagerDuty.
- No dependencies.
- Web API.
What do you dislike?
- It has a lot of moving parts and can get complicated quickly when your dealing with 20,000 vm's.
- The information that Prometheus collects is not that detailed.
- The community that supports it is small.
- Configuration is complicated and not a fan of YAML.
Recommendations to others considering the product
They have lots of integration. I would just run it and spend time reading the configuration documentation.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Providing monitoring as a service.
- It has a nice query language.