Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(41 reviews)

Propel helps the world’s most innovative brands like Desktop Metal, Samsara and Peak Design get their products to market ridiculously fast. Propel uniquely combines product lifecycle management (PLM), Product Information Management (PIM), and Quality Management Solutions (QMS) into one system, natively built on the Salesforce platform. With Propel, your engineers, marketing, partners, customers, and everyone else collaborate on all the product information needed to get your products from concept to customer.

Work for Propel?

Learning about Propel?

Propel Reviews

Ask Propel a Question
Showing 44 Propel reviews
Propel review by Robyn S.
Robyn S.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Propel is an intuitive and easy-to-learn system. The customizability and flexibility of the system is great, but what I really love the most about Propel is their great customer service. I'm able to reach out at any time and reach a full staff of knowledgeable individuals who provide me everything from links to learn things on my own, webinars and demos to watch, or step by step instructions on exactly what I need to do. As someone who is learning the Salesforce platform and PLM systems for the first time simultaneously, this has been a great resource for me.

What do you dislike?

There are a few cases we've run into where there are not quite enough controls in place to support our needed quality regulations and specifications. We've always been able to find work-arounds, but sometimes it would be nice to have a clear solution for those sorts of issues.

Propel provided us with a much more intuitive and easier to use PLM system than our previous solution. We have seen review times decrease for our change orders , which is a huge positive in our industry. We plan to integrate more of our Quality Management System into Propel as well, which will also help to cut down on unnecessary manual documentation and processes that slow down work times and make us less efficient than we can be.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Propel
Propel review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Steep learning curve but definite long term results"

What do you like best?

We have multiple facets to our business from design and manufacturing to marketing. We are able to use Propel as a one-stop shop to take care of BOMs, approval of documents and storage of important files with a known approval status and history. Files can be kept together - for instance Word, Illustrator and PDF files of the same document (the draft, the page layout and the releasable version) are easily bunched together so that version control and later editing is pretty seamless.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is quite steep and some of the functions are non-intuitive, (although perhaps less so for people with a Salesforce background.)

I don't like the sense when I know a document is in the system but for some reason I can't find it in a search. This may be because I am searching in the wrong way, but nevertheless it is frustrating. In one case I think I could not find a document until it had been exploded out of the BOM that wrapped it. This is not a useful search as I may know a document (an image in this case) exists, but not know where it resides - hence the search.

My other main gripe is that an approval request requires too many clicks. I would like to receive the request via email and with one click open the document to be approved. Instead there is a series of 6 or 7 clicks, each with a few seconds dwell, before I have the actual document open before me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training in small chunks and do the initial training multiple times until you have really got the basics. Ask the dumb questions. It's easy to become lost even after one successful training session.

We had poor document version control and rapidly ballooning manufacturing and inventory management issues. Propel has proven to solve these issues for the most part. In some cases the most senior people can't be convinced to become adept at using the system, and certainly the large number of clicks to find the item for approval is a stumbling block here. But to the extent that most staff use the system we have solved these two quite distinct and major issues in the one tool, which is very satisfying.

What PLM solution do you use?

Propel review by Jordan S.
Jordan S.

"PropelPLM is a powerful tool with great customer support"

What do you like best?

The best part about PropelPLM is the fantastic customer support. They walk you through importing your data and provide fast responses for any questions after that. Our data was imported quickly and seamlessly. Their team was very accommodating to new requests.

I also like the views you can create under each tab. It makes it easy to find exactly what you are looking for as well as grouping families of parts together.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint with the system is that not all the features are intuitive at first. PropelPLM has all the tools I was expected and many more but it takes a bit of training to maximize use of these tools. This is especially true for creating specific business reports and when creating new roles for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give PropelPLM a chance. It is newer to the market and has a modern feel. The customer support team is fast to respond to any questions you may have and pass on your requests to their software team to see if they can incorporate them in future updates of the product.

PropelPLM has really helped our startup to make great first impressions with multiple contract manufacturers. The approved vendors list is great and easy to download. It has tied all of our engineers and contractors together under one system and streamlined design reviews for new products. As a good PLM should it has helped us with revision control and change management.

Propel review by Deb S.
Deb S.

"PLM streamlined"

What do you like best?

Interface is easy to customize from an Administrator viewpoint and on the End User standpoint, very user friendly front end. The tool is instrumental in scaling the small business quickly due to ease of use and excellent communication through email or chatter. I can quickly correct errors using ORB or enforce best practices for users with business rules that are easily turned on. The beauty of this tool is the ability to add new functionality such as Quality and Program Mgmt whenever because it’s included. There are fantastic support gurus at Propel always ready to troubleshoot problems ASAP!

What do you dislike?

1. I have not used Lightning Experience yet because of time constraints to learn the new front end. It’s looming ahead of me as a requirement because the Classic interface is being phased out. It seems that both options should remain available but I do understand the reasoning to support 1 UI. Hopefully there will be some Admin training offered.

2. Multiple Changes can be written against an item but can not be routed until the first change is released through workflow. This limitation impacts the Deviation also as a subsequent change can not release until the Deviation is expired.

Configuration Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Release Mgmt. This is a small Marketing / Engineering driven company that focuses on development. Originally the CM managed the original product BOM configuration and changes were not managed correctly for parts & documents/DWGs. This resulted in a very difficult deployment of the initial release into Propel due to revision conflict between parts/DWGs. Propel has been instrumental in resolving this issue which was critical for the launch of new products.

Propel review by User

"Propel does everything that I need it to and it is pretty easy to use"

What do you like best?

The system if fast to use, some PLM systems I have used are so slow to respond. Don't ever slow it down. The search works well as does the approval process

What do you dislike?

I can't preview a STEP file, would be nice to add this support and support for other engineering files like gerber files

There is no App available, it would be useful to be able to approve ECOs in situations where China is waiting for something to start the line, need the approval but I am out at dinner with family and they have to wait till I get home

Recommendations to others considering the product

It certainly helped having a consultant on board who knew the system inside out could set it up for us, solver the teething problems and to train us fitting in with busy schedules.

Note that preview is not available for engineering files only common document files. This is something propel could fix.

Approval process before factory implements changes

Propel review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"High tech solution to a complicated problem"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts about Propel are the ease of use (cleanliness of UI) and the ability to customize the rules for your specific organization.

What do you dislike?

We work with a few very old school contract manufacturers and at times it can be difficult to export and print things the old fashioned way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely helpful when you are picking up a PLM tool to create formats and organizational rules early. Create part naming conventions, document uploading rules, maybe pick a document czar from your organization to handle quality so that you have a clean, uniform system. Otherwise, things maybe become messy and unsearchable.

We have special design cases that sometimes require "interesting" and creative solutions and Propel allows us the freedom and the agility to create use cases, revision rules, and tailored reporting for filtering results. We also tend to design, revise, and catalog on the fly, so as soon as we come up with new parts and assemblies, we can quickly lock these revisions and share them with our colleagues.

Propel review by Administrator

"Seems Like a Good Concept"

What do you like best?

The personalized support that we received from Propel was excellent.

What do you dislike?

We were never successfully able to implement. It was difficult for the team to understand the big picture and how it would integrate with our current SAP system and Salesforce since each lives independently. It was no fault of Propel, I think as a company, we were not ready for an application like Propel, there were other items to be defined first before bringing in Propel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a fully defined ERP system prior to implementation. This product does require a person to really push it's full adoption, otherwise the amount of work out into the setup will never be fully recognized. We have had access to Propel for over 2 years and I have yet to see it deployed.

We were looking to better organize our product list along with the bundles that they belonged to. It grew into trying to gain a better understanding of our margins and all of the costs that are baked into a product.

Propel review by Administrator

"Corporate Compliance Auditor/ Propel Implementation Team"

What do you like best?

The Flexibility of the Propel Team. During initial creation of how we would use the system, the team on site were very helpful and flexible. A+ customer service.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the pricing strategy for licenses and the difference in cost between the licences. Ranges from 8 - 90$.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a training perspective, really think about how you want to organize training. the use of Plans are great but, if its not properly organized it can be really difficult to maintain. Consider the end user. My recommendation is to get everyone the basic access to the system, so everyone can use the system to its highest capability. Its very intuitive, even those with basic (or less) computer skills can use the system for training. I think that is really where you get your ROI.

Training compliance, with the training module is, in the long run, going to be a huge benefit, in relation to compliance and retrieval of records. Initial implementation is alot of work but well worth the work.

Propel review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Cloud Based PLM system"

What do you like best?

Cloud based access and electronic review and approval.

What do you dislike?

Workflow still needs some development to be more intuitive and usable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Propel is still in the early stages of development with their product. They have a really good team that is very open to feedback and eager to make continuous improvements to make the product more usable and better. Our organization is switching from a paper-based PLM, ECO, and Quality management system--so it is an adjustment for us to move to an electronic--cloud based version. Be patient, and work with the team at Propel, and you'll get there.

Electronic ECOs, PLM, Complaint handling, training, training records.

Executive Sponsor

"Excellent and timely customer support. Very flexible interface and powerful set of tools."

What do you like best?

We are a small engineering design organization. What I like best is that Propel is leveraging their design on the Salesforce platform tools and therefore when we ask for changes they are usually able to accommodate because the SF platform likely already supports what we want to add.

What do you dislike?

Anything that SF does not do, Propel pretty much has to say "we are hoping that will be added soon." In other words, the reliance on Salesforce is both a plus and a minus, but overall, a very large plus and a smart way to develop the Propel service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Propel is doing very well in bringing PLM tools to new and underserved market of small companies. Not that the tool is limited to small company needs, but the competing tools generally require more of an infrastructure and staffing investment than I have found to be the case with Propel.

As a small company, we were looking for something we could use to help in working with our contract manufacturer and to bring some discipline to our release and maintenance cycles. This has worked well. At the beginning Propel was not as familiar with common practices of the electronics manufacturing and design cycle as we might have hoped (some features of the BOM tool were a bit counter to what we had expected), but they have developed these tools significantly over the 2 years we have been using the product.

I think that we still under-utilize the power of the Propel tool and leave a lot of the features unexplored.

We use Propel for PLM and PIM (BOM control and releases, parts and revision tracking, etc.). We anticipate using it for quality issues tracking

Propel review by Karthik N.
Karthik N.

"Great support! Great system!"

What do you like best?

- Flexibility - gives us the ability to do us a wide variety of customizations for our workspaces.

- Support - extremely responsive support from Propel. No issue goes unaddressed.

- $$$$ - no nickel and diming here! Cost effective.

- Salesforce platform - for companies that are on Salesforce, this is THE solution one must go to.

What do you dislike?

There is always room for improvement. No dislikes though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely go for it - if you want a PLM solution that is or at least heading to the 21st century! They are a growing and incredible team, who know what exactly they are doing. They take customer feedback seriously and work with you to find a solution to almost any problem.

Change order processing has become more streamlined.

Propel review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Efficient and Consistent Work Option"

What do you like best?

There's so much to choose about what I like about this PLM.

The user friendly site.

The salesforce.com platform.

The easy way you can attach documents.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that is not efficient is the manual attachment of emails. The option I have in mind is like salesforce.com the ability to sync outlook to propel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a platform for Regulatory this is the one. It is under the same Salesforce.com platform. User -friendly training should be quick not stressful.

I work in the International Regulatory Affairs department.

We are currently launching a QMS workflow system at our company. However, I was advised that their is an international registration workflow.

The benefits I've realized is that the process is efficient and consistent. Efficiency meaning we does less manual work and are less prone to errors.The entire cross functional team is involved and we have one place for data.

Consistency everyone uses the same platform instead of using different ways of uploading and analyzing data.

Propel review by Al F.
Al F.

"Amazing Early Adopter Experience"

What do you like best?

I was a long time Agile user, in fact one of Agile's first customers so I am quite familiar with the Beta partner early adopter experience and many, many years of PLM. When we decided to abandon Agile and become an early adopter of Propel, we had expectations of a troublesome migration and transition, along with young code riddled with bugs to work through. But, this was not the case. Young code yes, but one of the benefits of early adoption is that you get to work closer with the company to grow the software. The Propel team is an exceptional group of bright, helpful, talented people that do not take their responsibility lightly, and do not put you at risk. I have never had such a smooth, painless deployment with a superior level of support from Propel. The best thing about Propel is the people, who quickly become your partner in success.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is perfect at least not to everybody. I personally tend to prefer thick Windows clients, but I have adopted Propel's browser interface and even found many features that compel me to say I prefer Propel as a cloud interface. Most of the limitations I run across are usually SalesForce based, not Propel. The Propel team takes note of the concern, and I get surprised in an update release to discover they have found a way to circumvent the SalesForce limitation and provide the functionality I desire. I occasionally run across a bug, but the team is so responsive, I never have to actually worry.

If there is one thing I actually dislike, is using the iPhone app Salesforce1 . Not very attuned to Propel functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. If you are already a SalesForce user, then this is a no-brainer extension to the platform you already have.

2. Simplify. Take the opportunity to consolidate and simplify your data and processes.

3. Take advantage of the experience working closely with the Propel customer team, they are great.

Product Data management, Engineering Change management, and now embarking on Quality Corrective and Preventive Action management. We have many of our Manufacturers on our system, so there's never an excuse for not having the latest information.

We live and work in a mobile environment and now with Propel we can manage our data from anywhere, on any device.

Propel review by Ben C.
Ben C.

"PropelPLM "

What do you like best?

1. Large company PLM features without the heavy implementation of annual fees.

2. We use Salesforce, so it's a very familiar platform for us. We know the underlying platform is fundamentally solid, so there is no risk there.

3. Ease of customization and capability expansion, again without managing a huge project.

What do you dislike?

We have to be careful in setting up user controls to not to cause conflict with sales and marketing organizations in Salesforce.

The biggest challenge in setting up PLM is getting clean BOM data in when we have multiple partners conducting final assembly. There are many feature to help loading but there is still the data clean up process. It's not clear if/how that can be fixed when we want the granularity in component supplier information we need.

BOM capture, ECO controls, Cost rollup. First, we have cleaned up our BOMs and identified immediate for cost reduction opportunities.

Propel review by Nicki  D.
Nicki D.

"Propel Review "

What do you like best?

I like the BOM change control how you can easily review changes to BOM and how everything is one place for a global company to easily view, I am looking forward to having a full stage and gate process within Propel

What do you dislike?

The BOM costing is not very user friendly, the chatter feed is a bit messy would be great to be able to have individual threads or subjects with the project chatter.

Document and change management control transparency and visibility

Propel review by Mike (Wally) W.
Mike (Wally) W.

"Cloud Based Simplicity"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is based in the cloud, requires no hardware and no hardware licensing. Everything is managed through a web browser portal.

What do you dislike?

Salesfoce Admin is very complicated. While Propel itself is beautiful and sleek (being built on top of Salesforce), the backend admin can be a bit tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how the transition would be from an existing system to Propel. Starting from scratch, the experience has been positive for the most part though. Make sure to communicate with your implementation representative.

We now have PLM implemented to our Production and Product team, where as previously we had no system in place. We are integrating with Quality Checking and customer feedback.

Propel review by User

"Awesome platform for BOM management "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the platform is. Navigation is easy and the tabs are very simple and easy to use. There are so many customizable features of Propel, which allows us to expand our business operations more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike. If anything, it is our company (not propel) having so many regulations that we can't update our season updates on time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing platform and much better usability than the competitors.

We are solving compliance organizational issues as well as company documentation issues. FDA regulates us very much and using Propel helps us with audits efficiently. It is so easy to export files for people who need them!

Propel review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Biotechnology
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Biotechnology

"Propel is better than most!"

What do you like best?

The system is fairly easy to navigate WITH a introduction, only because there are a lot of uses so you might need to be told about them so you can get the most use of system. I also like how it allowed us to coordinate between our sales department and engineering department all in the same system as we could look at our customer feedback.

What do you dislike?

I honesty don't dislike anything about the product. I have had no problems with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop wasting your time and get Propel, seriously it makes a huge difference in the amount of time and energy you save having an all in one system, I don't know the pricing of the product but I am going to say it is worth it.

The major benefit is the all in one system. Not having to use a internal system for our company separate from the system we use to input data to our customer. It's real time information for everyone and it allows us to ability to fix issues quickly or add to the project and everyone is getting the information at the same or seeing the changes at the same time

Propel review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Propel PLM- Honest Impressions from a prior Arena Admin"

What do you like best?

Propel is lightweight and quick. The required clicks are fewer than Arena, and page loads are much quicker. The UI is easy on the eyes -- light and bright! Based on a mature Salesforce platform, it is highly configurable. Has potential to integrate with other Salesforce-based services.

The customer support from the Propel team is incredibly quick and responsive- the video chats and emails with diagramed instructions are thorough and instructive.

What do you dislike?

Without a prior knowledge of Salesforce, I've had a bit of a learning curve as the admin. But, again, the team is a great help.

A few bugs (quick resolutions) and sparse online tutorials.

No simple way to demo or even see the platform without scheduling with the Propel team.

Not much information or many reviews online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drag and drop document upload.

Quick cloud-based platform.

Brilliant support.

It was a risk without much background info, but I'm glad we went this way in the end.

We need a controlled document repository for engineering data.

We need a platform for controlled data release to our vendors.

Propel does this and much more!

Propel review by Matt V.
Matt V.

"Next generation of PLM"

What do you like best?

Propel has been great giving us a flexible PLM foundation in the cloud that will scale as our business grows. Their customer support has been amazing. Intuitive, easy to use design built on top of salesforce platform gives you usability without sacrificing reliability.

What do you dislike?

Not much missing from a core PLM and more features every week. If you want to get picky, compliance tagging is not there yet, but they've been working on solutions for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need a solid, web based PLM solution that you can implement quickly, Propel is the way to go.

PLM quickly for a startup that is growing fast. We were able to get setup and using in a couple weeks and the bottleneck was time on our end for training and starting to use. We've been able to easily, quickly onboard new employees - quadrupled our licenses from initial implementation to today.

Propel review by Alon B.
Alon B.

"Propel has everything we need"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to customize. Very intuitive to use. Keeps us organized. The chatter works very well. Love the Salesforce integration

What do you dislike?

No option to automatically move through the approvals queue

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it!

Propel helps us know what to build in the factory and coordinates all of the changes we want to make.

Propel review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Propel Implementation"

What do you like best?

Considering the complexity of our Propel Implementation (8-9 external integrations to other systems/processes), our implementation was fairly customized. Propel did a good job tackling our specific business needs and very large data migration from various sources into Propel.

What do you dislike?

This feedback is more regarding the product itself, not the project team or implementation, but my understanding is that after talking to some of our technical Salesforce SMEs, there are certain 'out of the box' Salesforce capabilities

Because Propel replaced a very antiquated custom internal system (20 years old), we now have more flexibility to add/delete products in our master data more frequently, which means many of our integrations are more updated for our customers. (i.e. products on website are more accurate, active warranty claims reflect new products, etc)

Propel review by Kirin P.
Kirin P.

"Good platform to keep all data."

What do you like best?

Having all the information in one place, for all colleagues to be able to review.

What do you dislike?

BOM import isn't very straight forward, and adding pricing for each item in a BOM is quite time-consuming.

Propel review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"PropelPLM: An Obvious Choice "

What do you like best?

Easy to get around. Salesforce platform is a dream. Easy to get around. Very intuitive. Define workflows to match our processes.

What do you dislike?

The flow of tasks is not perfect. Close though. Editing items is a 2 step confirmation. It should be one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Salesforce platform capabilities.

The ability to manage the lifecycle is really important. PropelPLM allows us to do this.

Propel review by Tony O.
Tony O.

"Great app backed by a strong team"

What do you like best?

Product cost tracking, bills of material management, improved quoting process with more well defined products, intuitive user interface, powerful multi-level BOM import, ability to create custom object relationships with other items in Salesforce platform

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility with exports and reports. "Used in product X" is a notably missing field for reports and filters.

Manual BOM entry was getting out of control across multiple products. As clever as we could be with Excel, Propel does it better.

Executive Sponsor

"ease of use & SFDC integration - welcome to the future of PLM!"

What do you like best?

We love that Propel works with our Salesforce platform and can integrate with our asset tracking for researching BOMs of past products and tracking for the future!

What do you dislike?

We would like more cost tracking features - we are designed to be cost focused on our parts ordering and configs and we need the flexibility for historical tracking so that we can see cost increases over time (or decreases, if we're so lucky).

We have made updating quarterly component pricing about a 1 day project from what was a 3 week project! This has allowed our team to focus on higher priority items and given us much more flexibility in timeline of receipt of pricing to implementation.

Propel review by User

"Overall providing value but missing on some key features"

What do you like best?

History and chatter functions are nice. Being able to search for any document in one place.

What do you dislike?

Remote access (security token) is cumbersome. Originator of ECO should be allowed to recall ECO without having to have an approver recall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you consider all users and issues that may arise when configuring PROPEL for your business

Making sure the correct version of an ECO is being approved.

Propel review by Sammy T.
Sammy T.

"Using Propel as our PLM system has been remarkably smooth. "

What do you like best?

I really love the ability to customize so many of the workflows we use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about Propel is the workaround for mass BOM updates.

Cross-functional communication flows. The built-in chatter extension provides faster communication than email.

Propel review by Yan K.
Yan K.

"Implementation was a brief"

What do you like best?

Intuitive to use, Flexible and Customizable, Built on top of Salesforce, very responsive and accommodating customer support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major to mention.

Streamline BOM control and parts qualification process.

Propel review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Business Intelligence Manager"

What do you like best?

Standard salesforce interface and the ability to reuse existing salesforce objects in Propel.

Control of approvals and workflows.

Propel team is young and agile, and very responsive in their product development.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to interface with external systems when using the in-built APIs and csv imports.

No centralised product information management.

We now have a central repository that we can continue to expand on in moving other PIM into it.

Propel review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"PropelPLM"

What do you like best?

It is built on Salesforce, so not only is it a proven cloud platform, but it puts products and customers adjacent to each other.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. Just anxious to see the development path for additional functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with salesforce. Fill in attribution as completely as possible.

Not only do we need a platform for managing the lifecycle of our products, but we want to add something that doesn't increase our IT footprint.

FYI, i tried to upload a screenshot of me logged into PropelPLM, but kept getting errors. Please contact me for an image to accompany this review.

Propel review by Consultant in Consumer Electronics
Consultant in Consumer Electronics

"PropelPLM"

What do you like best?

PropelPLM is very configurable, easy to use and the dataload process is quick! The UI is intuitive and with a brief demo of functionality and navigation a user can be up and running in record time. This tool provides full realtime history.

What do you dislike?

The Where Used is located off to the right of the main screen and from the perspective of an Analyst or Engineer that relies on this key piece of information, it would be more readily accessible on the main screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Propel PLM as the tool of choice! It's the future and leaves the other guys in the dust.

Fast & easy deployment of a PLM solution! After years of Administration & implementation of other PLM tools, Propel has simplified the process and made the experience fun!

Propel review by User in Financial Services

"Propel Review"

What do you like best?

1- Embedded with Salesforce

2- Revision workflow

3- Ease of use

What do you dislike?

Too many unused fields- wish there was a way to suppress to simplify the UI maybe?

Need to get a handle on a) reducing the size and complexity of our product/parts universe, b) better organizational workflow around managing and updating our product inventory

Propel review by Administrator

"I would highly recommend this product for PLM solution"

What do you like best?

The team was absolutely helpful. They jump into the task straight away if the client has any issue or stuck with anything. The implementation was very good. The project Manager Brian Schomers was very helpful to implement the solution.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike. there is nothing I can give negative feedback

Product Data Management

Propel review by Jan M.
Jan M.

"Managing revision controlled BOMs in collaborative environment"

What do you like best?

- Based on Salesforce Platform

- Integrates easily into existing business processes

- Intuitive business flow of setting up and managing BOMs

- flexible adaptation for customization

What do you dislike?

- latency of Salesforce Platform, still though a huge improvement compared to our previous Excel BOM management experience :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

right size your implementation...

start with the most important process needs, validate and finetune

- Multitasking of parallel projects

- improved collaboration between multisite engineering/sales/operations teams

- revision control

Propel review by Dries D.
Dries D.

"Great new entrant in the PLM space"

What do you like best?

- built on top of Salesforce platform

- integration with CRM/sales side

- new ideas about BOM management

What do you dislike?

- too many lists, should be more graphical. Enterprise software should look more at consumer software and steal the best ideas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you come from Agile PLM, then Propel will look very familiar albeit with a modern twist and improved features

- Integrating PLM to MCAD

- configure to order

- build to order

Propel review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Efficient Automated Workflow"

What do you like best?

User friendly system

The variety of quality/regulatory options

What do you dislike?

Unsure if this program can sync to outlooc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Salesforce.com platform based

Variety of Quality/Regulatory efficient workflows

Regulatory International Tech Files

Propel review by Ken M.
Ken M.

"Engineer "

What do you like best?

Bill of materials defining product specification variants

What do you dislike?

Lack of usage. We are new to system and are just starting

Product data management

Propel review by Administrator

"Previous experience with Arena"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop file uploads and the customization side of it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customization side of things is intimidating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Propel is very dynamic compared to a lot of other PLM solutions; where other PLM solutions I've come across are more static and may not meet all of your company's needs.

Streamlining workflows while maintaining compliance.

Propel review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Excellent PLM with rapid deployment, and incredible customer service"

What do you like best?

Deployment took less than a month to roll out

Customer service is fast. Bugs are solved within 24 hours.

New features are being rolled out constantly

What do you dislike?

More tutorials on how to use the features of the product.

Zendesk knowledgebase is a good step in that direction. Keep building it!

Some BOM update automation options would help with BOM updates.

Problmes solved: Engineering version and release control.

Executive Sponsor

"Effective plm platform that provides the ability to directly interact with peers"

What do you like best?

The ability to perform quick searches and to connect, when required, with Sales Force via a simple click.

What do you dislike?

The menu to review the ECO's is hard to grasp at the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability to create, if necessary, additional fields.

Ability to control and monitor progress on changes and the record keeping

Executive Sponsor

"Propel, an insight to PLM"

What do you like best?

I like the revision control, but wish it was more clearly defined systematically.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusing menu access. Similar menus can be used to access related matierial

PLM. Realize opportunities for cost improvements.

"Preliminary Propel review"

What do you like best?

The ability to do cost roll ups and manage engineering BOMs

What do you dislike?

Would like smoother interaction with word documents

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too early to provide input

Specification management in conjunction with document management

"Design Engineer"

What do you like best?

Designing Electronic Circuits that will be used in production hardware

What do you dislike?

Keeping track of the state of components used in the design of these circuits

Multi-sourcing components

Learn more about Propel

Propel Videos

Learning about Propel?

* We monitor all Propel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(41 reviews)