PropelPLM Suite

PropelPLM Suite

At Propel, they make PLM that’s made for everyone. Created by Product Lifecycle Management and cloud veterans, Propel helps everyone connect with your customers, products and services, so you can propel innovation and propel your business. With Propel, you can easily manage all the hardware, software, services, and customer information that help customers embrace your products.

Work for PropelPLM Suite?

Learning about PropelPLM Suite?

PropelPLM Suite Reviews

Ask PropelPLM Suite a Question
Showing 18 PropelPLM Suite reviews
PropelPLM Suite review by <span>Jordan S.</span>
Jordan S.

"PropelPLM is a powerful tool with great customer support"

What do you like best?

The best part about PropelPLM is the fantastic customer support. They walk you through importing your data and provide fast responses for any questions after that. Our data was imported quickly and seamlessly. Their team was very accommodating to new requests.

I also like the views you can create under each tab. It makes it easy to find exactly what you are looking for as well as grouping families of parts together.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint with the system is that not all the features are intuitive at first. PropelPLM has all the tools I was expected and many more but it takes a bit of training to maximize use of these tools. This is especially true for creating specific business reports and when creating new roles for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give PropelPLM a chance. It is newer to the market and has a modern feel. The customer support team is fast to respond to any questions you may have and pass on your requests to their software team to see if they can incorporate them in future updates of the product.

PropelPLM has really helped our startup to make great first impressions with multiple contract manufacturers. The approved vendors list is great and easy to download. It has tied all of our engineers and contractors together under one system and streamlined design reviews for new products. As a good PLM should it has helped us with revision control and change management.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PropelPLM Suite
PropelPLM Suite review by <span>Karthik N.</span>
Karthik N.

"Great support! Great system!"

What do you like best?

- Flexibility - gives us the ability to do us a wide variety of customizations for our workspaces.

- Support - extremely responsive support from Propel. No issue goes unaddressed.

- $$$$ - no nickel and diming here! Cost effective.

- Salesforce platform - for companies that are on Salesforce, this is THE solution one must go to.

What do you dislike?

There is always room for improvement. No dislikes though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely go for it - if you want a PLM solution that is or at least heading to the 21st century! They are a growing and incredible team, who know what exactly they are doing. They take customer feedback seriously and work with you to find a solution to almost any problem.

Change order processing has become more streamlined.

What PLM solution do you use?

PropelPLM Suite review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Efficient and Consistent Work Option"

What do you like best?

There's so much to choose about what I like about this PLM.

The user friendly site.

The salesforce.com platform.

The easy way you can attach documents.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that is not efficient is the manual attachment of emails. The option I have in mind is like salesforce.com the ability to sync outlook to propel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a platform for Regulatory this is the one. It is under the same Salesforce.com platform. User -friendly training should be quick not stressful.

I work in the International Regulatory Affairs department.

We are currently launching a QMS workflow system at our company. However, I was advised that their is an international registration workflow.

The benefits I've realized is that the process is efficient and consistent. Efficiency meaning we does less manual work and are less prone to errors.The entire cross functional team is involved and we have one place for data.

Consistency everyone uses the same platform instead of using different ways of uploading and analyzing data.

PropelPLM Suite review by <span>Al F.</span>
Al F.

"Amazing Early Adopter Experience"

What do you like best?

I was a long time Agile user, in fact one of Agile's first customers so I am quite familiar with the Beta partner early adopter experience and many, many years of PLM. When we decided to abandon Agile and become an early adopter of Propel, we had expectations of a troublesome migration and transition, along with young code riddled with bugs to work through. But, this was not the case. Young code yes, but one of the benefits of early adoption is that you get to work closer with the company to grow the software. The Propel team is an exceptional group of bright, helpful, talented people that do not take their responsibility lightly, and do not put you at risk. I have never had such a smooth, painless deployment with a superior level of support from Propel. The best thing about Propel is the people, who quickly become your partner in success.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is perfect at least not to everybody. I personally tend to prefer thick Windows clients, but I have adopted Propel's browser interface and even found many features that compel me to say I prefer Propel as a cloud interface. Most of the limitations I run across are usually SalesForce based, not Propel. The Propel team takes note of the concern, and I get surprised in an update release to discover they have found a way to circumvent the SalesForce limitation and provide the functionality I desire. I occasionally run across a bug, but the team is so responsive, I never have to actually worry.

If there is one thing I actually dislike, is using the iPhone app Salesforce1 . Not very attuned to Propel functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. If you are already a SalesForce user, then this is a no-brainer extension to the platform you already have.

2. Simplify. Take the opportunity to consolidate and simplify your data and processes.

3. Take advantage of the experience working closely with the Propel customer team, they are great.

Product Data management, Engineering Change management, and now embarking on Quality Corrective and Preventive Action management. We have many of our Manufacturers on our system, so there's never an excuse for not having the latest information.

We live and work in a mobile environment and now with Propel we can manage our data from anywhere, on any device.

PropelPLM Suite review by <span>Ben C.</span>
Ben C.

"PropelPLM "

What do you like best?

1. Large company PLM features without the heavy implementation of annual fees.

2. We use Salesforce, so it's a very familiar platform for us. We know the underlying platform is fundamentally solid, so there is no risk there.

3. Ease of customization and capability expansion, again without managing a huge project.

What do you dislike?

We have to be careful in setting up user controls to not to cause conflict with sales and marketing organizations in Salesforce.

The biggest challenge in setting up PLM is getting clean BOM data in when we have multiple partners conducting final assembly. There are many feature to help loading but there is still the data clean up process. It's not clear if/how that can be fixed when we want the granularity in component supplier information we need.

BOM capture, ECO controls, Cost rollup. First, we have cleaned up our BOMs and identified immediate for cost reduction opportunities.

PropelPLM Suite review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Propel PLM- Honest Impressions from a prior Arena Admin"

What do you like best?

Propel is lightweight and quick. The required clicks are fewer than Arena, and page loads are much quicker. The UI is easy on the eyes -- light and bright! Based on a mature Salesforce platform, it is highly configurable. Has potential to integrate with other Salesforce-based services.

The customer support from the Propel team is incredibly quick and responsive- the video chats and emails with diagramed instructions are thorough and instructive.

What do you dislike?

Without a prior knowledge of Salesforce, I've had a bit of a learning curve as the admin. But, again, the team is a great help.

A few bugs (quick resolutions) and sparse online tutorials.

No simple way to demo or even see the platform without scheduling with the Propel team.

Not much information or many reviews online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drag and drop document upload.

Quick cloud-based platform.

Brilliant support.

It was a risk without much background info, but I'm glad we went this way in the end.

We need a controlled document repository for engineering data.

We need a platform for controlled data release to our vendors.

Propel does this and much more!

Learn more about PropelPLM Suite

PropelPLM Suite Videos

Learning about PropelPLM Suite?

* We monitor all PropelPLM Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.