Propertyware

Learning about Propertyware?

Propertyware Reviews

Ask Propertyware a Question
Showing 17 Propertyware reviews
Propertyware review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"The best property management solution, hands down!"

What do you like best?

The ability to add custom fields to almost any screen (unlike some of the competitors) allows us to tailor-fit the software to our needs. The eSignature feature is absolutely AMAZING! We are able to take our own PDF contracts, pull fields in directly from Propertyware (tenant name, address, etc), and process the lease through Docusign. The lease is saved directly in the tenant's summary page, so no need to upload and attach later on. The complete accounting system takes some time to master, but works great once you have a solid understanding of it. The reporting also works quite well, along with the ability to customize and create scheduled reports that are automatically emailed.

What do you dislike?

Feature requests take a long time to implement. Would love to see a better built-in tasking system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have experience with both Propertyware and Appfolio, but Propertyware is far superior because of it's ability to customize fields, tenant/owner/vendor/user alerts, reports, user roles (task-by-task), and many more things. The accounting in Propertyware is far easier to understand also. We handle all client and company bookkeeping within the Propertyware platform, so there is no need to maintain 2 accounting databases. This is a huge time saver.

Meeting the needs of our clients who want virtual solutions (access to pay rent, submit maintenance requests, view reports) without having to speak with a property manager. Plus, the ability to maintain all accounting records (client + company) in one product is a huge benefit.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Propertyware
Propertyware review by Brenn M.
Brenn M.

"Property Management Software"

What do you like best?

The highlight of this software is the fact that it is cloud based. However, most of these software programs are nowadays. Another useful feature was the ease in which you could write and print checks, set up new accounts, and add/delete journal entries.

What do you dislike?

This software would be best suited for a very small commercial portfolio or for predominantly residential properties. I find it difficult to navigate through the interface when dealing with multiple properties each containing a dozen or more tenants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product for anyone managing residential properties!

Through this software we are able to easily create financial reports and organize our data for the owners and Landlord. We are able to maintain dozens of bank accounts and dozens of leases for each tenant and set reminders for lease expriations and renewals.

What Property Management solution do you use?

Propertyware review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Overall Good But Not Quite Great"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having everything centrally located in one software platform. Propertyware (PW) does everything you need from running robust reports, automatically posting rent, accepting rent online, providing tenant and owners with an online portal 24/7 to managing maintenance and routine work orders. They have different levels of users like a marketing/leasing agent to a handyman to grant partial access to parties. I could not imagine running a property management company without a web-based software system that will cover every facet of property management.

What do you dislike?

It's not best-of-class for and one thing. But it's much better than frankenstiening different software systems together. But it does do everything well. The Owner's Statements are terrible and confusing even for me. On occasion the software is laggy but PW has tried really hard to improve the consistency. You can only have one window open at a time. They run on a price partition model so every time the roll out a new feature it is additional $$.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In addition to looking at Propertyware, I recommend looking at Rent Manager, Appfolio, and Buildium (in that order). Keep in mind every al-la-carte tool they offer is at an additional fee. Do your research before adopting a property management software and talk to as many people who use this type of software. Once you join the exit barriers are too high.

We needed a large all-in-one platform to communicate effectively with the tenants, owner, and office staff. We have benefited from having online chat capabilities with our staff, owner and tenants. Everything is only a few clicks away and you only have to login once.

Propertyware review by User

"Property Manager"

What do you like best?

This program allows us to track all leads/prospects for all of the available rentals we have. It also has a 24/7 maintenance hotline that we utilize to log every maintenance call we receive.

What do you dislike?

Not accounting-friendly; most of our callers speak English and they have issues understanding the voice on the other line coming from the PW call center.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly; would not recommend for accounting purposes

We manage over 300 rentals (commercial and residential) and PW has helped us stay organized with tenants information, as well maintenance and work orders. The 24/7 call center has eliminated most of the weekend and evening calls, as our phone system directly sends them to which part of the call center they need.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Few things to work on; but I love this program"

What do you like best?

Convenience of app and ease to use. I don't have to lug around paperwork and pens. Just snap a picture and notate what I see. I love it!

What do you dislike?

If I have a home with a lot of damage and I need to take a lot of photos- if I'm in the app too long I guess whichever section I'm in None of the pictures will save and the app crashes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Patience, they are making updates often

Move ins and move outs - ease of at your fingertips ito notate any issues during inspections. Quicker assessment of homes and set up of quick turns based on what is seen and resident can get their deposit back quicker if no damage .

Administrator in Real Estate

"Best Property Management Software on the market "

What do you like best?

Propertyware is a comprehensive solution with everything under one roof. From marketing, screening, managing, accounting, and reporting, it does it all.

What do you dislike?

The only thing it needs to take it to the next level is a more robust accrual accounting system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up right from the beginning and it will work very well for you. Don't be afraid to ask for advice from the implementation team during setup as well as other power users.

Propertyware brings all of the operating functions of our business together in one software. It also gives us portals to Interface with our owners and tenants in a seem less, online manner. It has also allowed us to become a paperless business with it's cloud storage features.

Propertyware review by Glenda M.
Glenda M.

"Propertyware User"

What do you like best?

Propertyware has a lot of features, and it is easy to use over all.

What do you dislike?

It is not very easy to learn to use. There are so many features and difference places to click through the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good contact for support. So valuable.

I have not had many business problems with Propertyware, whenever there is a bug, a trouble ticket is opened, and the problem is quickly resolved. They also adapt to feature requests.

Propertyware review by User

"Best Property Management software"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, customer service, the fact that it is simple for my tenants to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it serves its purpose well, and we are very pleased.

We can keep paper in the office to a minimum, and all of our tenant related files are in one place and accessible anywhere, we have taken vacations while managing to run the business effectively.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

And it greatly simplifies my day-to-day life. I am able to keep track of Tenants and where they’re at with their rent payments as well as perspective tenants and the applications process

What do you dislike?

Nothing. When we have had difficulties we simply have had to call property where support in our issues have been resolved in a timely manner

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s easy to use, easy to stay organized, keeps you on task, everything you’ll ever need.

It frees up time for other tasks in the office and even better at frees up time for me to have to myself!

Propertyware review by Internal Consultant in Real Estate
Internal Consultant in Real Estate

"Propertyware very Effiecient"

What do you like best?

I like the program how it setups all properties, and the search engine is amazing. It really makes my job easy.

What do you dislike?

i don't like that it doesn't have a good history catcher. very vague............need to be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it

Making sure that all of our clients our very happy with our services. I have realized that you have to be a advocate for both the client and the vendors, because the bottom line you want to make everyone happy.

Propertyware review by Administrator

"It is nice program, but need to be updated"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use this system. Also I can create lots of reports within a limited time.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work well sometimes. (Can't access to the website or the site has stopped.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use. Also very convenient to creat lots of reports.

I can make my report easily using this system.

Propertyware review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great property management software"

What do you like best?

The ability to have all the business rental properties in one place with easy access.

What do you dislike?

The software works great, but the interface looks a bit messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface can seem a bit messy at first. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the software. Once you do it will be a great experience.

Having all our property information available and accessible on one software.

User in Real Estate

"Propertyware is Very Helpful!"

What do you like best?

I love the owner portal and how easy it is to view work orders and completions.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the string of email chains. Hard to keep up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool for your rental homes in keeping track of your rent/ work orders/ etc.

We are able to keep everything in once place and keep track of work orders.

"Propertyware Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Propertyware has lots of different categories to retain information.

What do you dislike?

Searching is confusing and seems to be overcomplicated. It's hard to tell whether you're in an owner's profile, tenant's profile, or the property itself's profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore other options, such as onesite.

Our company utilizes propertyware to organize for 800 properties.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Propertyware is convenient "

What do you like best?

Fairly similar to Quickbooks. I like the system used when paying bills and the simplicity of how everything is categorized

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to go through several steps to log a deposit. It can be very confusing and time consuming. Needs to be simpler

We use propertyware to log our expenses and incoming rents from tenants. That definitely saves time

"Not a good software "

What do you like best?

Just about nothing... the program is a mess!

What do you dislike?

almost everything, no information you need is easy to come across

You can’t solve much. Information is not accurate anywhere.

User in Real Estate

"Useful service for landlords "

What do you like best?

Audit trail that is used to keep accountability within properties

What do you dislike?

Accounting and rent payments systems. Difficult to understand.

Automating rent charges for our renters

Learning about Propertyware?

* We monitor all Propertyware reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.