4.3 out of 5
Do you work for ProSeries?

ProSeries Reviews

1-50 of 67 total ProSeries reviews

ProSeries Reviews

1-50 of 67 total ProSeries reviews
ProSeries review by Nick N.
Accountant
Farming

"The suitable software for filling tax return."

What do you like best?

I like the way this software enables accurate and friendly tax filling in our organization.Its easy to learn and start using this software because of simplicity of its feature and functionality.Likewise,I like the way its cost effective hence can be affordable by any size of business enterprises.The customers support team is of top notch hence they are very responsive abd helpful whenever I call them to solve problems I maybe encountering with the software.Its highly customizable to meet all our business needs.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely lacks anything negative to say about this software because it work best to suit all our needs.Again I has been our pillar hence we rely on it grealy while filling tax returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those organization looking for a software that will meet their returns filling needs then they should give ProSeries a trial.

This software is for tax preparation hence it helps our organization in management of tax filling.

Its also a great software for preparing corporate tax.

ProSeries review by Sarah B.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using ProSeries the best. It is an intuitive program that is quite easy to navigate and get the right information on the correct forms. I also love how it works with QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have a program that offers an online portal as well as a desktop based version. Since I work on multiple computers, it would be wonderful to seamlessly go from one to another without having to worry about installing the program and having the right save files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use QuickBooks for small to midsize clients, at a small to midsize firm, I would definitely consider ProSeries. The ease of transferring information back and forth is invaluable.

We are solving the problem of needing a tax preparation software. As a CPA firm, it's definitely necessary that we have a good tax program to prepare taxes with. Benefits realized include taxes prepared easily, quickly, and accurately.

ProSeries review by mark N.
Account Manager
Financial Services

""Basic and Easy Layout ""

What do you like best?

I like the shading and format. When you work with numbers, you have no clue how much strain you put on your eyes. Delicate hues and adjusted edges help. I realize it might appear to be a straightforward easily overlooked detail however it does some amazing things on eye fatigue as well as how you feel toward the day's end. It is an incredible well ordered guide that can deal with finishing your assessment form, anticipating charge Bill's, situations, for arranging. In any case, I would alert, you do need to need to comprehend what a portion of the more confounded structures involve to do it effectively.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a superior adaptation of a cloud based programming. They as of now offer one yet it doesn't have the usefulness as the desktop.Maybe more pages would have been decent, it is only one page with tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For individuals searching for a boundless alternative Oltpro is sufficient to deal with most close to home and business charges at a sensible cost. Just issue is that a couple of credits and figurings are lost and could prompted a review. Simply confirm before submitting. By and by it happens very once in a while, however happens.

Time reserve funds is a tremendous saver with this product. Intuit is continually turning out with new innovation to use inside their product taking into consideration insignificant contribution as it's most PC created now. Amid expense season this takes into consideration snappy information passage which spares time. We look forward each year with updates on what Intuit improves improve the item so it works for the users.It is an incredible arranging instrument to help individuals decide retentions, plan systems (deals), pay ahead, get hitched, separated... whatever is fundamental!!

ProSeries review by Administrator

"20 year customer - declining experience"

What do you like best?

We have built a practice on this product over the last 20 years. We went from 800 returns a year to well over 6000. Unfortunately, I do not believe this product has scaled with the business.

What do you dislike?

1) Customer service. Queue times this year are 2 plus hours

2) "Please Reinstall" - has been the support lines answers to all our issues.

3) Product instability/performance. The bigger your Homebase, the longer the app load time. I've been buying High RAM/High CPU desktops for my entire staff to meet the needs of this program. By March, it's not uncommon for ProSeries to take 5+ minutes just to open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recognize the size of your organization. They aren't great at handling large implementations (>15 seats)

Operating a Tax Practice and servicing customers

ProSeries review by Gregory G.
President
Accounting

"My solution for all income tax prep"

What do you like best?

ProSeries allows me to prepare all types of income tax returns for all types of clients. I have clients in 15 states. About 98% of the forms that I use in a year are included with the program. The software red-flags fields that need to be filled or edited which really helps to ensure that my tax returns are accurate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program crashes or is buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prices are negotiable.

I am able to produce a large volume of high-quality tax work in a minimum amount of time.

ProSeries review by Stephanie F.
Accountant
Building Materials

"Simple and Easy Layout "

What do you like best?

I like the color and layout. When you work with numbers, you have no idea how much strain you put on your eyes. Soft colors and rounded edges help. I know it may seem like a simple little thing but it works wonders not only on eyestrain but also how you feel at the end of the day. Accounting has been done with little thought to this up until the last 5+ years I would say.

What do you dislike?

Set up, if name change, is through the company, I think that this is kind of like when Wal Mart asks to view your receipt upon leaving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a software you like and stick with it. Suggest changes, they may take them into account. Much easier than having to re-enter multiple employees, drivers or vendors when doing billing. I suggest Quickbooks Online, ProSeries, Quicken and Excel (using the right formulas and colors, it works well in a pinch, once did payroll for 1600 in a war zone on excel!)

Simple layout, easy to use and overall better product than so many years past.

ProSeries review by Stella G.
Accounting Supervisor
Government Administration

"Intuit ProSeries"

What do you like best?

It is a great step by step guide that can handle completing your tax return, projecting tax Bill's, scenarios, for planning. But I would caution, you do need to need to understand what some of the more complicated forms entail to do it correctly.

What do you dislike?

If someone has a same scenario as a prior year, you can guage if you are on target. But for more complicated issues such as self employment, child care, college credit, rental income, the user needs to know the ins and outs of the tax law to maximize their return.

It is a great planning tool to help people determine withholdings, plan strategies (sales), pay ahead, get married, divorced... whatever is necessary!!

Plus, it can complete your taxes.

ProSeries review by Administrator in Accounting

"Excellent software for small to medium firm"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with this software. It allows easy data entry that flows with the preparation of tax returns. I also log that Intuit provide great training and support with any issues.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a better version of a cloud based software. They currently offer one but it doesn't have the functionality as the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Time savings is a huge saver with this software. Intuit is always coming out with new technology to use within their software allowing for minimal input as it's most computer generated now. During tax season this allows for quick data entry which saves time. We look forward every year with updates on what Intuit does to better improve the product so it works for the users.

ProSeries review by Wajeaha S.
General Manager/ IT Administrator
Mental Health Care

"review "

What do you like best?

The dashboard is great, simple , detailed and easy to understand. Surfing through the website is so easy anyone can use it. I always tell my employees to sign up and I never need to train them.

What do you dislike?

Maybe more pages would have been nice, it is just one page with tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DEFIATLEY USE IT!

Everyone's paycheks, W2s, hours and details are on there, so no one contacts me for further data.

"Proseries"

What do you like best?

The forms all seem to link together and the flow makes sense. It is very easy to use and not unwieldy.

What do you dislike?

The customer service isn't the greatest. It often takes a significant amount of time to reach some one for help, and then they can't always help. Fortunately, it isn't needed too often. Additionally, the price keeps going up for the software and what you get for the "package" keeps going down. More and more items are ala carte.

We use ProSeries for all of our tax return preparation in our business. We are a Certified Public Accounting Firm.

ProSeries review by Shlomo C.
Senior Accounting Officer - Specialist
Insurance

"Needs to have unlimited retuns option"

What do you like best?

It is not overly difficult to use. Most tax professionals can use it after they log in to it or download it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that they only have an affordable (after discount) options for 20 and 50 returns. I process well over 50, and was looking for an unlimited e-filling returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people looking for an unlimited option Oltpro is good enough to handle most personal and business taxes at a reasonable price. Only issue is that a few credits and calculations are misplaced and could led to an audit. Just verify before submitting. Once again it happens very rarely, but does happen.

It helps to file people's returns and it is easy enough to use.

ProSeries review by User in Accounting

"Perfect for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Pro series is very user friendly. Even the 80 year old CPA awe have in the office can use it without many issues and he's the least tech savvy in our firm, but has little to no issues with it.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations on size. For example, we have a client with several properties in his personal return (around 200) and proseries does not support his return. The max is about 20 on a schedule E I believe. We also have a CRT (charitable remainder trust) that we have to do manually because proseries does not support form 5227. Other than that it's been great.

Supports most tax forms needed for our clients with great ease of use.

ProSeries review by Administrator

"Great software for the most part. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It’s pretty much fool proof, as mistakes are constantly highlighted as you go. And no matter who works in your office, the software is pretty much easy to use for them after a brief training session.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Proseries does not support loans, even when your bank product does. And the constant need to update products, at which point you don’t find that out until you try to send up a return.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is helpful, there are also helpful articles. And the software is very user friendly.

The benefits of running a business using Proseries is the ease of use and ease of training for use with your employees, whether they are familiar with the software or not.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how intuit provides training for its accountants to become a pro advisor and thus improve their visibility amongst potential clients. And I also enjoy how all the clients are easily accessible in one portal.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps there can be a simpler interface for the accountants clients to log into, so they do not feel like they are overwhelmed with bookkeeping software when they log in to see their

I am able to keep my clients organized In one place by virtue of this program.

ProSeries review by Administrator

"Pro Series is a must for any tax preparer!"

What do you like best?

The ease of transmitting returns, and prep time

What do you dislike?

. Tends to bog down while printing returns or preparing for electronic transmittal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product. No a fan of the recent user license (roughly $400) besides the cost of the software.

Almost all returns are electronically filed these day, and ProSeries is key to that. But also in a soon-to-be paperless society, it also offers the option of PDF copies for the tax clients. Saves on paper and ink. (Being green saves gree!)

ProSeries review by User in Accounting

"Great software with wonderful support"

What do you like best?

We use this software in our accounting office. The software is customizable and works great for large or small firms. The form updates and support are wonderful. Support techs have walked our staff through set up to finalizing and editing. The tracking ability through finish and ability to integrate with internal programs are top rate.

What do you dislike?

The software is very complete with daily updates of changes. We are very satisfied with this software

Bring able to track multiple returns for clients

ProSeries review by Leah M.
Area Manager - Block Advisors FXBG & Stafford VA
Financial Services

"A+ Product"

What do you like best?

I find it really smooth to move through. I love all of the built in resources. Everything flows well and you can easily find how forms and numbers are connected because they refer to one another. I love that you can make templates and the client homepage can be tailored to how you find information best.

What do you dislike?

Creating custom letters for clients is a pain in the you know what. Unless you know coding basics you are better off just typing up a word doc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the supplemental training guides and online account available with this product and you will be in good shape. If you get stuck they have a great live support team based in the US.

This is powerful, professional, tax software for complex individual clients and up.

ProSeries review by Jennifer R.
Small Business Consultant
Renewables & Environment

"Great Database for all tax season"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access to data. I can create custom sort lists to show what I need.

I also like that each area is clearly separate so there is no confusing state with federal.

Part of our business uses custom status codes in order to show the information we need. ProSeries makes this incredibly easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it can take forever to update and there have been times where the entire program has had to be reset due to a lack of updates.

I would like to see the ability to add or remove columns as there can be a large amount of unnecessary data visible.

It would also be great to be able to sync status data with our Quick Books system. Instead of logging into two different programs I would prefer to enter and sync in one location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not try to use the software in the middle of a busy tax season. Take the time to navigate and become comfortable ahead of time. There are many useful features and steps to take that require time to become comfortable with.

Tax processing. E filing is much easier and can be tracked efficiently.

We also use the organizer feature and there are times that the sync ability would be helpful. Instead of creating more than one client file we create one and it will integrate as needed.

ProSeries review by User in Information Technology and Services

"QuickBooks Pro used for Small Business, with Interface"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Pro is satisfactory for a small business entity that I track in-house. It's easy to set up and fairly easy to use for simple transactions; but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a complex business. Our company has developed an interface to our Business Management System for OPE dealers, that generates Sales journals to be transferred into QB. The system works alright for these dealers, but doesn't provide the level of security and transaction details often required by our dealers.

What do you dislike?

The system allows users to change accounting transactions - in effect, unraveling the paper trail created by the original transaction - which doesn't allow the level of security we provide for our dealers, e.g. to be able to track an item if someone later deletes the invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the business applications - if you have Business Management Software, give serious consideration to using financial packages developed for that software, rather than an integration to QB.

Customers that already use QuickBooks in their business can continue to do so.

ProSeries review by User

"Perfect for a smaller business. "

What do you like best?

Users can easily track and manage e-filed returns.

Setup is fairly simple and user friendly. Users have the ability to create and email an encrypted PDF file of the client’s return directly to the client. DocuSign makes it easy to obtain electronic filing signatures. I also enjoy the chat option which allows real time communication with clients.

What do you dislike?

Is not suited for larger companies and the cost is higher than I feel necessary as similar functional software is on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is easy to use, but the high cost should definitely be a factor. There are other just as effective programs out there.

The cost seems to increase yearly but improvements to the software do not seem to be a part of the yearly cost increase.

ProSeries review by Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple Tax Prep. Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality. I first heard about ProSerise from the Quickbooks Online Pro Advisor program and decided to try out its functionality. I instantly fell in love with the product and decided to deploy it in my firm.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say that the biggest downside is the price per return structure. I would favor a flat fee and have the ability to complete as many returns as I can in one season.

Streamlined tax prep. for clients.

ProSeries review by Robert B.
Owner
Accounting

"Intuitive tax prep software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to go from input to the form and back again.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how long it takes to start up at the beginning of the day

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a prior year version and run through a return preparation. It will show you how easy this product is to use.

I use this software to prepare tax returns for all my clients.

It is easy to import k-1s from flow through entities prepared by me.

ProSeries review by Christine L.
Tax Consultant
Legal Services

"Easy software to learn."

What do you like best?

How easy and self explanatory the layout is. I enjoy the ability to switch to form view

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of having the ability to import old files.from other software. Can be pricey for smaller.companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best choice for large.companies

I am currently analyzing tax audits. The software has easily allowed me to compute various forms. Its a time saver and money saver.

ProSeries review by User in Financial Services

"Good software package with a few limiations"

What do you like best?

I do not have to re-input data every year which saves me time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were in the cloud so I could access my tax files remotely and from other computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do less than 50 returns a year mostly in one state, it is a great product.

I do tax returns but not alot, so it fits my need well.

ProSeries review by Kaile B.
Office Manager
Accounting

"Great Software for Tax Preparation"

What do you like best?

So many helpful features, not too confusing, like the ability to have custom home base views. Also like the integration with Docusign to sign electronically instead of having to send out paper e-files and wait for everyone to sign before we can file.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes freezes, annoying having to constantly change the password.

As a tax office, ProSeries is obviously instrumental to the business. Helps get tax returns done in a way that gives everyone peace of mind.

"Great Tax Software"

What do you like best?

I like that the software is very easy to navigate. It has a very helpful search function.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it takes for the program to pull up on my computer. It is very slow to start.

ProSeries helps us to provide an excellent tax preparation service to our clients. One benefit is that it can easily sort clients and filter clients based on criteria that you specify.

"Easy filing of returns"

What do you like best?

it is very simple to use for people who understand tax. i like the fact that you can file returns for foreign countries easily.

What do you dislike?

it is expensive for small businesses and sometimes the customer support is not very responsive

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend companies to use this product as it solves many accounting problems and integrates easily with other softwares

we were looking for a product that can handle all tax related issues and this has made it possible. we can file all tax returns from branches in other countries very easily and quickly

ProSeries review by Rebecca N.
CEO
Accounting

"ProSeries a oriduct you can trust!"

What do you like best?

I love how clients data flows from previous years seamlessly into the next years returns. The software consistently works well every year with no glitches. I have been using it for 5 years and have had no problems. I have also used the back years to 2002 and they have helped me to get my tax clients compliant with tax filings easily.

What do you dislike?

Would like the price to be a bit lower when networking multiple computers in my office.

Working with tax clients, I see many with back years unfiled. With ProSeries I know I can handle any back year with easy for business or personal returns. Federal and multi states are a breeze to file, electronically or by paper.

"Intuit ProSeries"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. ProSeries has great navigation settings so it's easier for beginners to learn and advanced users to analyze tax clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the software makes the wrong calculations and we would need to override it.

It makes it easier for us to prepare tax returns for all our clients, without the hassle of going through each form or each figure in the tax returns.

"intuit"

What do you like best?

I liked being able to do payroll for clients and making it sync with QuickBooks. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how the reports for taxes where setup. Really hard to figure somethings out and had to go through every payroll for some information where it should of been right there.

I am able to do payroll and pay taxes for clients. It also puts data into QuickBooks that you enter for payroll.

ProSeries review by Greg H.
Director of Human Resources
Human Resources

"Not so in to it"

What do you like best?

As goes with most intuit products they are good, but I feel like this isnt going in the right direction. Not much that I liked most.

What do you dislike?

I didnt like the user interface, nor did I like the check processing abilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep looking. Unless you are a huge fan of intuit this is not the best.

Accounts payable, receivables and check processing.

"Pro series review "

What do you like best?

It is a easy to use tax filing system that lets me prep and do filling for all the employees needed which is great in one package and don’t need to worry about getting multiple or spending more money.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much I don’t like it is strait forward and helpful to my business tax needs

I can manage all my employee tax needs with the proseries unlike others I have tried in the past and it has helped me feel secure in my choices.

ProSeries review by Otis H P.
Home Health Aide
Individual & Family Services

"Data Software Storage "

What do you like best?

Pro Series: The tax software was great. They offered a complimentary version to try out first. After a few years, I found out it was user friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

The company is superb nothing to add not one thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want top notch data support use ProSeries.

I like that it's more than just a tax software. It transfer clients data very well. Very professionalism.

ProSeries review by User in Cosmetics

"Helpful Learning Tools "

What do you like best?

Proseries was a bit hard to set up for my company profile but customer service was very helpful. I loved the how to videos as they were very helpful, especially with understanding how to complete tax returns.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup. I had to speak to customer service for a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product.

Filing tax returns, be it business or corporate.

ProSeries review by User

"Great tax software but not cheap"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and accurate. Has every tax form I need in my tax practice

What do you dislike?

Over the years ProSeries has gotten very expensive. Drake Tax Software is much cheaper and can do more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tax software but pricey

I have used this product since 2001.

ProSeries review by Administrator

"Very easy and straightforward"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of this software. It's so easy to find forms you are looking for. I also love that you can transfer client data from previous years.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the integration feature they have with Efile Cabinet never works.

Being able to transfer client data cuts my time in half and it also lets me keep track things that were done in previous years without opening that software so that I can know if my client is missing information that they usually have.

ProSeries review by Kisha B.
Sr. Contract Administrator
Construction
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Excellent Tax Software "

What do you like best?

I have used ProSeries to prepare returns for more than 6 years now. Ease of use with data import saves me time year after year.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about using Proseies is that you can’t use last years program without the current years license

Quicker return processing and file management

ProSeries review by Anna J.
Project Manager - New Store Development
Construction

"Series: Protax"

What do you like best?

That you can manage worksheets and returns for different clients while tracking their progress

What do you dislike?

It could use more updating. And is not set up for large financial institutions

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful for mid to small financial institutions.

Clients with large financial accounts need different software to handle the capacity.

ProSeries review by User in Internet

"not bad but can be better"

What do you like best?

good features for my company, multi-company, multicurrency, and ease to generate financial statements

What do you dislike?

reporting isn't great. it's pretty rigid, not many options to filter and we cannot save reports so we have to start over very time

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it for a while and make sure they offer change management services

we manage to maintain revenue and cost information across multiple locations in several currencies. We also consolidate financial data from all locations, including separate business units for each location

ProSeries review by Consultant in Accounting

"The best software for professional preparers"

What do you like best?

Everything, the functionalities keeps getting better each year. I cannot find anything wrong with ProSeries as its top of the line.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more automation to it. Where pictures can be uploaded to complete forms such as the W-2 and 1099s.

Tax Return Preparations are easier

ProSeries review by Administrator in Accounting

"Great Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

ProSeries is user friendly and it makes filing tax returns simple and efficient.

What do you dislike?

If a electronically filed tax return does not successfully get transmitted, I do not receive any special alerts.

We are using this as our dedicated tax filing software.

ProSeries review by User in Investment Management

"Ease of Use of ProSeries"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and has most all of the schedules you would need. There is a ask the question and it helps to tell you where to enter certain items. It carries over prior years information to the next tax year.

Great security for the important and private data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the sign in procedure, but I understand that it is part of the security.

Solving tax issues for clients and helping them prepare for the next year with some tax planning.

"Steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

The overview page and easy of finding clients. Love the new lock client features

What do you dislike?

It is difficult and confusing to enter data. Steep learning curve

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is much easier to use if you know all the ins and outs of filing taxes and do not need to relay on the software to tell you which forms to use. If you are newbie this is not the greatest software

Mainly using the software to file client's taxes

ProSeries review by Joan M.
Owner
(Myself Only)

"Laccerte"

What do you like best?

I like the personal service. If you need help they are a phone call away.

What do you dislike?

Waiting on hold.to speak to a knowledgeable person.to help with a tax person.

Taxes

"Quick and Easy "

What do you like best?

I like that the system reminds you of every step. you cannot submit a return unless you have gone through every step.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the program freezes at times during deadlines.

The team I worked with was able to access the same software & check eachothers work. The system checks for you as well. Makes your work not only accurate but simplified.