ProSeries

ProSeries is a tax software that allows you to file returns by managing the tax preparation process from collecting and importing data automatically to filing returns.

Work for ProSeries?

Learning about ProSeries?

ProSeries Reviews

Showing 46 ProSeries reviews
ProSeries review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using ProSeries the best. It is an intuitive program that is quite easy to navigate and get the right information on the correct forms. I also love how it works with QuickBooks.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have a program that offers an online portal as well as a desktop based version. Since I work on multiple computers, it would be wonderful to seamlessly go from one to another without having to worry about installing the program and having the right save files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use QuickBooks for small to midsize clients, at a small to midsize firm, I would definitely consider ProSeries. The ease of transferring information back and forth is invaluable.

We are solving the problem of needing a tax preparation software. As a CPA firm, it's definitely necessary that we have a good tax program to prepare taxes with. Benefits realized include taxes prepared easily, quickly, and accurately.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProSeries
ProSeries review by Stephanie F.
Stephanie F.

"Simple and Easy Layout "

What do you like best?

I like the color and layout. When you work with numbers, you have no idea how much strain you put on your eyes. Soft colors and rounded edges help. I know it may seem like a simple little thing but it works wonders not only on eyestrain but also how you feel at the end of the day. Accounting has been done with little thought to this up until the last 5+ years I would say.

What do you dislike?

Set up, if name change, is through the company, I think that this is kind of like when Wal Mart asks to view your receipt upon leaving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a software you like and stick with it. Suggest changes, they may take them into account. Much easier than having to re-enter multiple employees, drivers or vendors when doing billing. I suggest Quickbooks Online, ProSeries, Quicken and Excel (using the right formulas and colors, it works well in a pinch, once did payroll for 1600 in a war zone on excel!)

Simple layout, easy to use and overall better product than so many years past.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Administrator in Accounting

"Excellent software for small to medium firm"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with this software. It allows easy data entry that flows with the preparation of tax returns. I also log that Intuit provide great training and support with any issues.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a better version of a cloud based software. They currently offer one but it doesn't have the functionality as the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Time savings is a huge saver with this software. Intuit is always coming out with new technology to use within their software allowing for minimal input as it's most computer generated now. During tax season this allows for quick data entry which saves time. We look forward every year with updates on what Intuit does to better improve the product so it works for the users.

ProSeries review by Shlomo C.
Shlomo C.

"Needs to have unlimited retuns option"

What do you like best?

It is not overly difficult to use. Most tax professionals can use it after they log in to it or download it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that they only have an affordable (after discount) options for 20 and 50 returns. I process well over 50, and was looking for an unlimited e-filling returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people looking for an unlimited option Oltpro is good enough to handle most personal and business taxes at a reasonable price. Only issue is that a few credits and calculations are misplaced and could led to an audit. Just verify before submitting. Once again it happens very rarely, but does happen.

It helps to file people's returns and it is easy enough to use.

User in Accounting

"Perfect for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Pro series is very user friendly. Even the 80 year old CPA awe have in the office can use it without many issues and he's the least tech savvy in our firm, but has little to no issues with it.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations on size. For example, we have a client with several properties in his personal return (around 200) and proseries does not support his return. The max is about 20 on a schedule E I believe. We also have a CRT (charitable remainder trust) that we have to do manually because proseries does not support form 5227. Other than that it's been great.

Supports most tax forms needed for our clients with great ease of use.

ProSeries review by Leah M.
Leah M.

"A+ Product"

What do you like best?

I find it really smooth to move through. I love all of the built in resources. Everything flows well and you can easily find how forms and numbers are connected because they refer to one another. I love that you can make templates and the client homepage can be tailored to how you find information best.

What do you dislike?

Creating custom letters for clients is a pain in the you know what. Unless you know coding basics you are better off just typing up a word doc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the supplemental training guides and online account available with this product and you will be in good shape. If you get stuck they have a great live support team based in the US.

This is powerful, professional, tax software for complex individual clients and up.

ProSeries review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Great Database for all tax season"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access to data. I can create custom sort lists to show what I need.

I also like that each area is clearly separate so there is no confusing state with federal.

Part of our business uses custom status codes in order to show the information we need. ProSeries makes this incredibly easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it can take forever to update and there have been times where the entire program has had to be reset due to a lack of updates.

I would like to see the ability to add or remove columns as there can be a large amount of unnecessary data visible.

It would also be great to be able to sync status data with our Quick Books system. Instead of logging into two different programs I would prefer to enter and sync in one location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not try to use the software in the middle of a busy tax season. Take the time to navigate and become comfortable ahead of time. There are many useful features and steps to take that require time to become comfortable with.

Tax processing. E filing is much easier and can be tracked efficiently.

We also use the organizer feature and there are times that the sync ability would be helpful. Instead of creating more than one client file we create one and it will integrate as needed.

ProSeries review by User in Information Technology and Services

"QuickBooks Pro used for Small Business, with Interface"

What do you like best?

QuickBooks Pro is satisfactory for a small business entity that I track in-house. It's easy to set up and fairly easy to use for simple transactions; but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a complex business. Our company has developed an interface to our Business Management System for OPE dealers, that generates Sales journals to be transferred into QB. The system works alright for these dealers, but doesn't provide the level of security and transaction details often required by our dealers.

What do you dislike?

The system allows users to change accounting transactions - in effect, unraveling the paper trail created by the original transaction - which doesn't allow the level of security we provide for our dealers, e.g. to be able to track an item if someone later deletes the invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the business applications - if you have Business Management Software, give serious consideration to using financial packages developed for that software, rather than an integration to QB.

Customers that already use QuickBooks in their business can continue to do so.

ProSeries review by User

"Perfect for a smaller business. "

What do you like best?

Users can easily track and manage e-filed returns.

Setup is fairly simple and user friendly. Users have the ability to create and email an encrypted PDF file of the client’s return directly to the client. DocuSign makes it easy to obtain electronic filing signatures. I also enjoy the chat option which allows real time communication with clients.

What do you dislike?

Is not suited for larger companies and the cost is higher than I feel necessary as similar functional software is on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is easy to use, but the high cost should definitely be a factor. There are other just as effective programs out there.

The cost seems to increase yearly but improvements to the software do not seem to be a part of the yearly cost increase.

ProSeries review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple Tax Prep. Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality. I first heard about ProSerise from the Quickbooks Online Pro Advisor program and decided to try out its functionality. I instantly fell in love with the product and decided to deploy it in my firm.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say that the biggest downside is the price per return structure. I would favor a flat fee and have the ability to complete as many returns as I can in one season.

Streamlined tax prep. for clients.

ProSeries review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Intuitive tax prep software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to go from input to the form and back again.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how long it takes to start up at the beginning of the day

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a prior year version and run through a return preparation. It will show you how easy this product is to use.

I use this software to prepare tax returns for all my clients.

It is easy to import k-1s from flow through entities prepared by me.

ProSeries review by Kaile B.
Kaile B.

"Great Software for Tax Preparation"

What do you like best?

So many helpful features, not too confusing, like the ability to have custom home base views. Also like the integration with Docusign to sign electronically instead of having to send out paper e-files and wait for everyone to sign before we can file.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes freezes, annoying having to constantly change the password.

As a tax office, ProSeries is obviously instrumental to the business. Helps get tax returns done in a way that gives everyone peace of mind.

"Great Tax Software"

What do you like best?

I like that the software is very easy to navigate. It has a very helpful search function.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it takes for the program to pull up on my computer. It is very slow to start.

ProSeries helps us to provide an excellent tax preparation service to our clients. One benefit is that it can easily sort clients and filter clients based on criteria that you specify.

ProSeries review by Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.

"ProSeries a oriduct you can trust!"

What do you like best?

I love how clients data flows from previous years seamlessly into the next years returns. The software consistently works well every year with no glitches. I have been using it for 5 years and have had no problems. I have also used the back years to 2002 and they have helped me to get my tax clients compliant with tax filings easily.

What do you dislike?

Would like the price to be a bit lower when networking multiple computers in my office.

Working with tax clients, I see many with back years unfiled. With ProSeries I know I can handle any back year with easy for business or personal returns. Federal and multi states are a breeze to file, electronically or by paper.

"Intuit ProSeries"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. ProSeries has great navigation settings so it's easier for beginners to learn and advanced users to analyze tax clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the software makes the wrong calculations and we would need to override it.

It makes it easier for us to prepare tax returns for all our clients, without the hassle of going through each form or each figure in the tax returns.

"intuit"

What do you like best?

I liked being able to do payroll for clients and making it sync with QuickBooks. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how the reports for taxes where setup. Really hard to figure somethings out and had to go through every payroll for some information where it should of been right there.

I am able to do payroll and pay taxes for clients. It also puts data into QuickBooks that you enter for payroll.

ProSeries review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"Not so in to it"

What do you like best?

As goes with most intuit products they are good, but I feel like this isnt going in the right direction. Not much that I liked most.

What do you dislike?

I didnt like the user interface, nor did I like the check processing abilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep looking. Unless you are a huge fan of intuit this is not the best.

Accounts payable, receivables and check processing.

ProSeries review by Otis H P.
Otis H P.

"Data Software Storage "

What do you like best?

Pro Series: The tax software was great. They offered a complimentary version to try out first. After a few years, I found out it was user friendly and easy.

What do you dislike?

The company is superb nothing to add not one thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want top notch data support use ProSeries.

I like that it's more than just a tax software. It transfer clients data very well. Very professionalism.

ProSeries review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Helpful Learning Tools "

What do you like best?

Proseries was a bit hard to set up for my company profile but customer service was very helpful. I loved the how to videos as they were very helpful, especially with understanding how to complete tax returns.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup. I had to speak to customer service for a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product.

Filing tax returns, be it business or corporate.

ProSeries review by Administrator

"Very easy and straightforward"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of this software. It's so easy to find forms you are looking for. I also love that you can transfer client data from previous years.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the integration feature they have with Efile Cabinet never works.

Being able to transfer client data cuts my time in half and it also lets me keep track things that were done in previous years without opening that software so that I can know if my client is missing information that they usually have.

ProSeries review by Kisha B.
Kisha B.

"Excellent Tax Software "

What do you like best?

I have used ProSeries to prepare returns for more than 6 years now. Ease of use with data import saves me time year after year.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about using Proseies is that you can’t use last years program without the current years license

Quicker return processing and file management

ProSeries review by Anna J.
Anna J.

"Series: Protax"

What do you like best?

That you can manage worksheets and returns for different clients while tracking their progress

What do you dislike?

It could use more updating. And is not set up for large financial institutions

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful for mid to small financial institutions.

Clients with large financial accounts need different software to handle the capacity.

ProSeries review by User in Information Technology and Services

"not bad but can be better"

What do you like best?

good features for my company, multi-company, multicurrency, and ease to generate financial statements

What do you dislike?

reporting isn't great. it's pretty rigid, not many options to filter and we cannot save reports so we have to start over very time

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it for a while and make sure they offer change management services

we manage to maintain revenue and cost information across multiple locations in several currencies. We also consolidate financial data from all locations, including separate business units for each location

ProSeries review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"The best software for professional preparers"

What do you like best?

Everything, the functionalities keeps getting better each year. I cannot find anything wrong with ProSeries as its top of the line.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more automation to it. Where pictures can be uploaded to complete forms such as the W-2 and 1099s.

Tax Return Preparations are easier

"Great Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

ProSeries is user friendly and it makes filing tax returns simple and efficient.

What do you dislike?

If a electronically filed tax return does not successfully get transmitted, I do not receive any special alerts.

We are using this as our dedicated tax filing software.

ProSeries review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Ease of Use of ProSeries"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and has most all of the schedules you would need. There is a ask the question and it helps to tell you where to enter certain items. It carries over prior years information to the next tax year.

Great security for the important and private data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the sign in procedure, but I understand that it is part of the security.

Solving tax issues for clients and helping them prepare for the next year with some tax planning.

ProSeries review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

The overview page and easy of finding clients. Love the new lock client features

What do you dislike?

It is difficult and confusing to enter data. Steep learning curve

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is much easier to use if you know all the ins and outs of filing taxes and do not need to relay on the software to tell you which forms to use. If you are newbie this is not the greatest software

Mainly using the software to file client's taxes

ProSeries review by Bhuvna P.
Bhuvna P.

"makes financial account management simple and easy"

What do you like best?

I best like the 1040 returns, which gives me the best returns and easy understanding.

What do you dislike?

there is noting much i dislike about the intuit pro series.

sending the data requests is easy.

ProSeries review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Intuit Accountant ProSeries: Make the fast and simple right choice"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use and works for anyone. You can be a novice PC user and navigate throughout the program with ease.

What do you dislike?

Customer and tech support are bad at renewal time. No great audit review of corporate or partnership returns.

A product that allows me to perform business from my home to help others to do their taxes and save money. There is nothing like it.

ProSeries review by Renata K.
Renata K.

"intuit review 2017"

What do you like best?

the capability for versatile and accessible software

What do you dislike?

the biggest issue I've had working with Inuit is the organizational features.

working with a huge team to crossfunction goals and projects

ProSeries review by Jorge I.
Jorge I.

"LOVE THIS BC SAVES TIME AND ACCURATE"

What do you like best?

I LOVE THE REVIEW PROCESS.

supports more than 3,500 tax forms and schedules

What do you dislike?

MAYBE NOT ABOUT PROGRAM. BUT IS SO LOWLY

system overview, features, price and cost information

ProSeries review by Patrick F.
Patrick F.

"Highly effective solution for a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface, numerous reports, industry standard for the small market

What do you dislike?

Not much. Most of what I cannot get I can via 3rd party packages.

Strong accounting backbone.

ProSeries review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Easy to use tax software"

What do you like best?

The programmers do a great job updating the software each year to make it more user friendly. It also has great resources for questions both on tax content as well as software content.

What do you dislike?

Very happy with the product, could maybe use more planning materials that are easier for clients to understand.

Completing clients tax returns and preforming tax planning

User in Accounting

"Pro series tax prep software"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for the average intelligent tax guy. Prints great detail.

What do you dislike?

Customer and tech support are bad at renewal time.

I've used Lacerte (which is even more costly) and I've used the base-level personal use TurboTax software. All in all the ProSeries input is nice - but the extra functionality that is common in other software doesn't exist for ProSeries.

ProSeries review by Internal Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Internal Consultant in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Proseries helps my business "

What do you like best?

I find proseries easy to use and useful when preparing taxes in April for all types of tax clients

What do you dislike?

I dislike the long customer service wait times if i have any issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the evaluation version before buying the full version

Proseries is a fundamental part of my business and help me complete tax returns quicker

ProSeries review by Jeremy A.
Jeremy A.

"easy to use and learn software for basic return types"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to learn with its form based functionality. The home base view is a really nice feature that allows you to see all your clients and their status. Fast and efficient for basic type returns.

What do you dislike?

When your clients grow and or have more complex tax situations Proseries falls far short. Many manual workarounds are required to make the return work as you know it should. No dms integration.

Tax return preparation.

ProSeries review by Joyce A.
Joyce A.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool to share information

What do you dislike?

You need to request access to each sharepoint

Sharing information for a project with other sites

"Works Well"

What do you like best?

We use this in our office and I like the most about it that it really is an organized, easy to use system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it runs slow. I am not sure if it is the computers here at the office or what the issue is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

It easily allows us to complete tax returns.

ProSeries review by Consultant

"Proseries Professional Tax Software"

What do you like best?

Proseries for professional tax consultants is an excellent product.

What do you dislike?

Proseries tech support could be open for longer hours. Once the tax season officially opens, their hours expand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to contact tech support for assistance during their hours of operation.

E-filing generally goes smoothly and is a critical component for my business.

ProSeries review by User

"Great products, have used many years."

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use and maneuver in.

What do you dislike?

I currently have no dislikes with this software. I’ve used it multiple years and have never had any issues.

Proseries allows us to quickly and accurately complete tax returns for businesses and individuals.

ProSeries review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use tax sodtwsre"

What do you like best?

It’s easy and simple to learn to use—i am not a tax professional, and I was able to learn the basics of the software quickly

What do you dislike?

There is no way to quickly find/select a client’s return other than scrolling

Easy access to client tax returns

ProSeries review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Ease of use and reliable"

What do you like best?

The layout is easy to follow and frequent updates ensure the products are compliant to the reporting requirements.

What do you dislike?

In some cases, print setting are somewhat off.

It makes preparation of accounting statements and tax returns much easier.

ProSeries review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"What you need nothing you don't."

What do you like best?

Flexible tailored plan with the ability to meet all the needs you have.

What do you dislike?

you have to choose features. This is not a dislike, it is more time consuming for less time usage later.

tax issues, payroll issues.

Administrator in Accounting

"Efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, numbers flow nicely, good customer service.

What do you dislike?

The new pro connect features require re logging in multiple times a day. It's obnoxious.

Easy to use, accurate tax software for tax season.

ProSeries review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"intuit proseries works great"

What do you like best?

I like how intuit has incorporated itself with server finical companies I use

What do you dislike?

nothing off of the top of my head that I don't like

I'm able to manage my business finances with it

"ProSerie"

What do you like best?

Works well for small businesses, very user friendly

What do you dislike?

Not the best for clients that have hundreds of rental properties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly

The ability to process various tax returns with ease

Learning about ProSeries?

* We monitor all ProSeries reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.