ProSystem fx Suite

ProSystem fx Suite is an integrated tax and accounting solution that allows you to organize and streamline your tax, accounting and workflow.

Work for ProSystem fx Suite?
Netsuite erp vs. sage  2x

Learning about ProSystem fx Suite?

Compare ProSystem fx Suite to Similar Solutions

ProSystem fx Suite Reviews

Ask ProSystem fx Suite a Question
Showing 38 ProSystem fx Suite reviews
ProSystem fx Suite review by <span>Karrey W.</span>
Karrey W.

Difficult for what we try to use it for

What do you like best?

What I like best about ProSystem fx Suite is the organization level. Everything is relatively easy to find and some of the details are easy to work with. Some of the reports are really easy to use and run and others can be difficult.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about ProSystem fx Suite is the fact that it is difficult to use for taxed items and merchandise that we sell to our clients. I do realize that its not necessarily intended to be used that way but for us, we do as well as time entries. There needs to be a few extra features for customization of reports to be run. We need invoice reference information to be tied back to the original order and there are very few ways to actually access that information, much less run reports about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for something to assist in billing merchandise, make sure that you have all the features you need of this product.

We have solved a few business problems in regards to billing and receivables with ProSystem fx Suite.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ProSystem fx Suite
ProSystem fx Suite review by <span>Daniel A.</span>
Daniel A.

Useful tool for any size accounting practice

What do you like best?

I've used Profx in multiple firms that I've worked at. I think it's a great organizational tool, and can eliminate paper filing systems all together. I like being able to keep workpapers and a paper trail with engagement.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I really dislike about it. Sometimes the user options can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't believe that there are any other software packages that allow you to do what you can do in Profx. I also really love the customer support they have.

I think Profx really solves the need to go paperless and keep a solid filing system of client documents. We barely have any filing cabinets anymore.

What Accounting solution do you use?

ProSystem fx Suite review by <span>Sharjeel A.</span>
Sharjeel A.

ProSystem fx Engagement - By far one of the best audit documentation software

What do you like best?

Very smooth, check in - check out features are great. Trial balance functionality is very good. Audit trail functionality is good too. Auto sync on exit is a good feature that force it to sync each time binder is closed.

What do you dislike?

While working remotely, syncing speeds are bit lower. It is also not cloud based yet and it's recommended that they consider moving this to could without losing any current functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find it one of the best software for audit documentation, highly recommended for this purpose.

We use ProSystem fx Engagement for our paper less audit documentation.

ProSystem fx Suite review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

Great product, but not intuitive

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to navigate, but only once you're plenty used to the actual product and have experience using it. The prosystem tax software is a great product and extremely in depth to use. It generates well on command and lets you utilize functions that aren't available in other office suite softwares.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the bulky nature of the product. This bulkiness attributes to the speed at which it runs when you are not hardwired into a network. Not that I feel as though the wifi in my office is slow, it just takes a decent amount of time to boot-up and start which leads to it crashing multiple times during a work day.

I am solving business problems that include internal communication, tax interface software, time entry management, file storage database, etc. I think our company has mitigated some problems that similar sized companies face when using this product due to its in-depth file storing nature. Its simple to use and easy to teach - its just that we can be inhibited by the learning curve of the intricacies of the product.

ProSystem fx Suite review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

Great Tax & Audit Preparation Software

What do you like best?

The ProSystem fx Suite works great especially for businesses who deal with a complex client base. The programs easily communicate with each other for quick and efficient preparation. Prosystems fx Engagement and Prosystems fx Tax work seamlessly together.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike here is the cost for small businesses. For businesses with small and uncomplicated client bases, it is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for multi-state tax returns.

I mainly prepare tax returns using the Prosystem fx Suite. The software is excellent for handing large multi-state partnership and corporation tax returns. It is much better than other software I have used when it comes to the flow-through of K-1's with multiple states. If you can afford the software, I highly recommend it for businesses who have a client base with complicated needs.

ProSystem fx Suite review by <span>Marcus N.</span>
Marcus N.

Great software, but takes some time to get used to

What do you like best?

The entire suite can function together. After importing a client's fixed asset information, I can utilize the fixed asset information both in engagement and in tax applications to complete a tax return and an audit or compilation with the same information.

What do you dislike?

The audit software, Engagement, is not as user friendly as it could be. You can link workpapers, but it is time consuming and a two-way hyperlink is not available. Other audit software I have used has been easier to work with as far as setting up audit plans and linking workpapers to the plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great software after you get used to it.

It is excellent for tracking my time between clients. It has made my transition into detailed time keeping by client very easy.

Learning about ProSystem fx Suite?

* We monitor all ProSystem fx Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare ProSystem fx Suite to Similar Solutions