PRTG

PRTG is a network management software solution that monitors your network using a range of technologies to assure the availability of network components by measuring traffic and usage.

Work for PRTG?

Learning about PRTG?

PRTG Reviews

Showing 31 PRTG reviews
PRTG review by <span>Vinay S.</span>
Vinay S.

"PRTG: A very easier to monitor networks"

What do you like best?

The best things in PRTG are adding sensors, setting alarms, monitor bandwidth utilization and the most important thing is generating reports. Report is generating correctly (Day/Weekly/Monthly) which I am showing presentation to my Managers which is my favourite and able to win my Managers confidence.

What do you dislike?

As of now, I didn't find any difficulties because my requirement is fulfilled that I have and If I am facing any difficulty then PRTG support team helps me.

The Latest version of PRTG Dashboard visibility is very clear and easy to monitor the sensors UP/Down status.

Lot of features are there to solve with PRTG are to monitor the bandwidth utilization, Network/Server uptime status by using SNMP System Uptime sensor.

I would like to say honestly, This PRTG Network Monitor helps me a lot. I am the only person to handle L1/L2/L3 in my company. I have 16 branches which was not easy to monitor the network. Then I started PRTG free monitoring tools, which was feel very easier to monitor networks. I recommended to my manager that I need license version of PRTG Network Monitor. Now, I am using license version.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PRTG
PRTG review by <span>Román P.</span>
Román P.

"Really good and portable network and system monitor"

What do you like best?

The best things I found on PRTG are: the portability and the possibility to monitor almost everything in our systems.

What do you dislike?

Up to now, we have covered every requirement we have. And we don't have any to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can choose PRTG if you are looking for a stable, portable and easy configuration monitor software.

It is really easy to configure, and you can choose between use your own server or work in the cloud.

When you need to monitor your systems (any kind of system), is mandatory to be always aware of the potential errors or problems. That's the only way to react properly. When you use PRTG you can use the APP (iOS and Android compatible). This APP is really effective, and allow you to keep the track of the operation 24/7.

In addition, PRTG use a very generic concept, so you can monitor almost everything. For example, you can build stored procedures and evaluate the behavior of your data. That's really awesome because allows unlimited possibilities.

On the other hand, PRTG is no so expensive, and you can work with the free license, which allows up to 100 sensors.

We can monitor almost everything. We have a very transactional platform, over several countries, and we can monitor every aspect of the operation in each country all the time. The software works with sensors, and these are really generic, what allow to monitor almost every aspect of the operation.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

PRTG review by <span>Alex R.</span>
Alex R.

"Good Network Monitor with a lot of Features"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to add new sensors when you add a new device to the network. My favorite feature is the ability to monitor the traffic patterns of any port. You can also set alarms that if your traffic is unusual it will send an email alerting you.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the software, it is easy to use for the most part and has a lot of functionality. However, I'm not sure if this is an issue on our end but there are a lot of times that the webpage runs slowly and eventually the server crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure how much it costs for this software as it was already implemented when I started working, but I am sure they will provide a free trial.

We use PRTG to monitor our network of two college campuses. It works wonderfully for this purpose and provides one location to watch both our physical locations.

PRTG review by <span>Jason A. T.</span>
Jason A. T.

"PRTG - Fantastic Dashboarding and Monitoring Software on a Budget"

What do you like best?

The extensibility and massive number of systems that PRTG can monitor is fantastic. If it's not natively built in, which I've found few that are not, you can easily import MIBs or write a PowerShell script to pull the data you need.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is out of whack. You buy in increments, not packs, and the licenses are based on nodes. You start with 500 nodes monitored, and can double it to 1000 for a fairly affordable cost. If you need 1001 though, you can't just buy another 10 or even 500, you have to upgrade to the 2500 node license at 3x the cost. No other options. This makes PRTG suitable for small installations, but it doesn't scale with a small budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product for under 1000 items monitored (doesn't take many 48-port switches to get to 1000, so it's really not that much. Over 1000 though, be prepared for sticker shock.

PRTG provides a quick and easy way to get good system monitoring and custom dashboards in place. We've used it to get some great visibility and notification of when systems go down. It's also a cost effective way to implement dashboarding, and doesn't require significant IT resources to implement, manage, or customize.

PRTG review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"The best product for up and running quickly!"

What do you like best?

As the title states, it's easy to get up and running quickly. I got a good network picture in about 15 minutes, and then started whittling things down. It's lightweight and responsive. Very minor network impact and isn't taxing to the host system. The info can be displayed in various coarse ways, each one dramatically different from the previous one, or you can make your own more subtle changes. The dark skin of the web interface makes a dramatic impression on visitors. Web interface is fast! Automated ticketing system and alerts works great. Once you get it tuned, there's 0 false alarms, and you'll get notifications if the alarm clears before you can remediate.

What do you dislike?

Green color of things in threshold needs to be more... green. Like #7CFC00 green. Right now it's kinda #ADFF2F. Maybe a color picker wheel? PRTG ads on the screen are cheap. Licensing for more sensors seems to ramp up quickly = $$$. But I'm a cheapskate and can run my flat little /24 with 100 sensors and have some to spare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's really easy to do. Fairly intuitive interface, and stellar product support. Most of the time I can fix it myself as CS gets back to me in 24 hrs. or less. I have mine set up "just right" and I really don't mess with it anymore, unless we bring something new online, or I need to troubleshoot something with a battery of sensors deployed like Imperial Probe Droids.

The ability to monitor far endpoints and the history of network health, which has allowed me to beat up our ISP for crappy service. Also, I can immediately look at switch flows from a central point, without having to remember an old password on an obscure switch. This lets me focus on another ISP issue or drill down to the closet. We have a very good idea of what our network stressors are, and gives us clear metrics for expansion.

PRTG review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Your network - at a glance"

What do you like best?

Netflow and ping sensors are used daily. We monitor the up time of our local servers and at remote locations. A simple look at the screen will tell me if I have a problem. Netflow reports help me track down who's using excessive bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

The client and server update so often. It seems like it's daily, although it probably isn't. A necessary evil, I'm sure. I'd rather have a minor inconvenience than a software package with security holes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has an automated setup which is great. But if you're using the free version with limited probes, you'll run out quickly. Let it run auto setup, then remove the extraneous probes you don't need/want.

Bandwidth usage tracking. Server uptime status. Networking utilization across our WAN

Learn more about PRTG

PRTG Videos

Learning about PRTG?

* We monitor all PRTG reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.