PRTG

PRTG

PRTG is a network management software solution that monitors your network using a range of technologies to assure the availability of network components by measuring traffic and usage.

Work for PRTG?

Learning about PRTG?

PRTG Reviews

PRTG review by Jacob L.
Jacob L.

"Excellent monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

PRTG is a very powerful and dependable monitoring tool. It is our main monitoring solution and we use over 1000 sensors with the product. It is very cost effective for the amount of functionality you get from it and can monitor a vast range of technologies with more and more being added with each update. Just recently Docker monitoring has been added which is fantastic.

They also have a free 100-sensor SKU for homelab use and even small business. I think this is a great offer!

What do you dislike?

As mentioned in another review, you only get live, 2 day or 30 day historical graphs. For most use cases this is perfectly fine, but it would be nice to see a customization tab that you can put 7 days in to, or even a fortnight. Learning the advanced parts of the tool can be a bit hard, such as root sensors and dependency chains, but once they are set up it makes alerting a lot more reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If PRTG doesn't have the sensor you need, contact them and they will most likely have it in their roadmap. It is very easy to install however it only runs on Windows. This may be a negative for some people.

We use PRTG to monitor our server hardware, ethernet networks, Fibre Channel networks, vSphere environment, Windows machines and many more. It proactively helps us monitor our environment - providing we set up sensors properly of course.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PRTG
Showing 35 PRTG reviews
PRTG review by Vinay S.
Vinay S.

"PRTG: A very easier to monitor networks"

What do you like best?

The best things in PRTG are adding sensors, setting alarms, monitor bandwidth utilization and the most important thing is generating reports. Report is generating correctly (Day/Weekly/Monthly) which I am showing presentation to my Managers which is my favourite and able to win my Managers confidence.

What do you dislike?

As of now, I didn't find any difficulties because my requirement is fulfilled that I have and If I am facing any difficulty then PRTG support team helps me.

The Latest version of PRTG Dashboard visibility is very clear and easy to monitor the sensors UP/Down status.

Lot of features are there to solve with PRTG are to monitor the bandwidth utilization, Network/Server uptime status by using SNMP System Uptime sensor.

I would like to say honestly, This PRTG Network Monitor helps me a lot. I am the only person to handle L1/L2/L3 in my company. I have 16 branches which was not easy to monitor the network. Then I started PRTG free monitoring tools, which was feel very easier to monitor networks. I recommended to my manager that I need license version of PRTG Network Monitor. Now, I am using license version.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PRTG
PRTG review by Román P.
Román P.

"Really good and portable network and system monitor"

What do you like best?

The best things I found on PRTG are: the portability and the possibility to monitor almost everything in our systems.

What do you dislike?

Up to now, we have covered every requirement we have. And we don't have any to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can choose PRTG if you are looking for a stable, portable and easy configuration monitor software.

It is really easy to configure, and you can choose between use your own server or work in the cloud.

When you need to monitor your systems (any kind of system), is mandatory to be always aware of the potential errors or problems. That's the only way to react properly. When you use PRTG you can use the APP (iOS and Android compatible). This APP is really effective, and allow you to keep the track of the operation 24/7.

In addition, PRTG use a very generic concept, so you can monitor almost everything. For example, you can build stored procedures and evaluate the behavior of your data. That's really awesome because allows unlimited possibilities.

On the other hand, PRTG is no so expensive, and you can work with the free license, which allows up to 100 sensors.

We can monitor almost everything. We have a very transactional platform, over several countries, and we can monitor every aspect of the operation in each country all the time. The software works with sensors, and these are really generic, what allow to monitor almost every aspect of the operation.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

PRTG review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Good Network Monitor with a lot of Features"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to add new sensors when you add a new device to the network. My favorite feature is the ability to monitor the traffic patterns of any port. You can also set alarms that if your traffic is unusual it will send an email alerting you.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the software, it is easy to use for the most part and has a lot of functionality. However, I'm not sure if this is an issue on our end but there are a lot of times that the webpage runs slowly and eventually the server crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure how much it costs for this software as it was already implemented when I started working, but I am sure they will provide a free trial.

We use PRTG to monitor our network of two college campuses. It works wonderfully for this purpose and provides one location to watch both our physical locations.

PRTG review by Jason A. T.
Jason A. T.

"PRTG - Fantastic Dashboarding and Monitoring Software on a Budget"

What do you like best?

The extensibility and massive number of systems that PRTG can monitor is fantastic. If it's not natively built in, which I've found few that are not, you can easily import MIBs or write a PowerShell script to pull the data you need.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is out of whack. You buy in increments, not packs, and the licenses are based on nodes. You start with 500 nodes monitored, and can double it to 1000 for a fairly affordable cost. If you need 1001 though, you can't just buy another 10 or even 500, you have to upgrade to the 2500 node license at 3x the cost. No other options. This makes PRTG suitable for small installations, but it doesn't scale with a small budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product for under 1000 items monitored (doesn't take many 48-port switches to get to 1000, so it's really not that much. Over 1000 though, be prepared for sticker shock.

PRTG provides a quick and easy way to get good system monitoring and custom dashboards in place. We've used it to get some great visibility and notification of when systems go down. It's also a cost effective way to implement dashboarding, and doesn't require significant IT resources to implement, manage, or customize.

PRTG review by Trevor R.
Trevor R.

"My favorite software at the office. "

What do you like best?

System Administrators live in a world of fixing broken, intermittent, and/or frequently ambiguous problems. Therefore, when there's a system that works flawlessly without needing repeated maintenance, we take notice.

PRTG is the most reliable and low maintenance software we have in the office, and we love it. We lean on PRTG frequently to help us identify and resolve issues on other systems. PRTG makes it extremely easy to do so, and we are continuously grateful to have a network monitor that never creates additional work for us, and only ever makes our jobs easier =]

Functionality wise: Out of the box, PRTG monitors just about everything. We had this watching critical components of over 50 servers within an hour. For those things that PRTG miraculously does not support out of the box, they have an EXCELLENT API where you can create and integrate your own custom sensors (powershell, bat, or exe) with ease. We've used this to watch storage pool health, virtual disk health, even the number of CDs and DVDs in our disk printing robot.

Not only can you use powershell and such for custom sensors, you can even run these scripts and programs as custom "notifications". You set up a custom notification to run in response to a certain event (remote desktop unresponsive on server X), and when that event occurs, PRTG can run your script (restart server X) automatically. We've used this on our failover node to restart dell sonicwall whenever it feels like not working (which is rather frequent).

In short, not only is PRTG a monitoring tool, you can also use it as a self-repair tool for your networks and systems.

What do you dislike?

If I was to have to name anything I'm not a huge fan of, here's a couple:

- PRTG doesn't use any sort of standard database, to my knowledge. It DOES supply a web API where you can request a lot of data like it, but if you're more of a database guy than web guy, this isn't super ideal.

- PRTG has options to use the built in SMTP client or an SMTP relay. I'm not positive that the built-in client is totally reliable, and it could be challenging to configure relays in a multi-site environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic company, great product. We've had good relations with support, however be aware that with the company based in Germany, support experiences some delay due to translation and time differences.

Network Monitoring (we know when something goes down)

Hardware Baselining (we know when something's not acting normally)

Self Repairing (bonus item, but PRTG can be used to take action in attempt to fix certain problems)

PRTG review by David G.
David G.

"The best product for up and running quickly!"

What do you like best?

As the title states, it's easy to get up and running quickly. I got a good network picture in about 15 minutes, and then started whittling things down. It's lightweight and responsive. Very minor network impact and isn't taxing to the host system. The info can be displayed in various coarse ways, each one dramatically different from the previous one, or you can make your own more subtle changes. The dark skin of the web interface makes a dramatic impression on visitors. Web interface is fast! Automated ticketing system and alerts works great. Once you get it tuned, there's 0 false alarms, and you'll get notifications if the alarm clears before you can remediate.

What do you dislike?

Green color of things in threshold needs to be more... green. Like #7CFC00 green. Right now it's kinda #ADFF2F. Maybe a color picker wheel? PRTG ads on the screen are cheap. Licensing for more sensors seems to ramp up quickly = $$$. But I'm a cheapskate and can run my flat little /24 with 100 sensors and have some to spare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's really easy to do. Fairly intuitive interface, and stellar product support. Most of the time I can fix it myself as CS gets back to me in 24 hrs. or less. I have mine set up "just right" and I really don't mess with it anymore, unless we bring something new online, or I need to troubleshoot something with a battery of sensors deployed like Imperial Probe Droids.

The ability to monitor far endpoints and the history of network health, which has allowed me to beat up our ISP for crappy service. Also, I can immediately look at switch flows from a central point, without having to remember an old password on an obscure switch. This lets me focus on another ISP issue or drill down to the closet. We have a very good idea of what our network stressors are, and gives us clear metrics for expansion.

PRTG review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Your network - at a glance"

What do you like best?

Netflow and ping sensors are used daily. We monitor the up time of our local servers and at remote locations. A simple look at the screen will tell me if I have a problem. Netflow reports help me track down who's using excessive bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

The client and server update so often. It seems like it's daily, although it probably isn't. A necessary evil, I'm sure. I'd rather have a minor inconvenience than a software package with security holes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has an automated setup which is great. But if you're using the free version with limited probes, you'll run out quickly. Let it run auto setup, then remove the extraneous probes you don't need/want.

Bandwidth usage tracking. Server uptime status. Networking utilization across our WAN

PRTG review by Brian Z.
Brian Z.

"Damn Good Monitoring"

What do you like best?

You can monitor ANYTHING. The basic monitoring is easy to setup and get working fast. Once you spend some extra time learning, you begin to see the wide range of possibilities. The support forums are fantastic, I can usually find the answer to a question in a few minutes of searching. Additionally, the licensing is designed for the current world... based on sensors, not monitoring stations.

Maps are a great method for allowing end users\Management to visualize the current situation.

What do you dislike?

If you haven't used a monitoring solution before, there is a bit of a learning curve. (Well worth the effort)

PRTG was a major turning point for moving from a Reactive IT to a Proactive IT. The number of issues our external clients see has dramatically dropped over the past year.

PRTG review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"Maps are great, monitoring is jut ok."

What do you like best?

If you can get past the high price you have to pay for the privilege to use PRTG, then you can create some wonderful dashboards (which PRTG calls maps) to put up in your NOC. Compared to other programs that do the same type of monitoring, it leaves much to be desired. But, PRTG does have one of the best customizable dashboard systems that I have seen, there are some limiting types of monitoring, but you can't have it all.

What do you dislike?

The price. Your organization needs some deep pockets to maintain ongoing support. To get any sort of meaningful information PRTG falls into the trap of a lot of other systems, you have to spend hundreds of man hours customizing the system to your own needs.

It is a monitoring tool that we use to monitor servers, network equipment, and other SNMP enabled devices.

PRTG review by Jamie I.
Jamie I.

"Good balance between UI and functionality."

What do you like best?

Clean, sleek interface

Easy to understand from a user perspective

Good permission functionality, able to provide 'ringed-fence' logins for external users

Tree interface allows settings and permissions to inherit their way down the tree

Flexible notification/threshold functionality

Lots of monitoring options to deploy

Very easy to update, deploy new probes, move and clone sensors

Has a 'Library' function that allows you to restructure existing sensors without duplicating them

What do you dislike?

PRTG does not protect itself from its own configuration. If you are creating ping sensors that attempt to ping too often that it can collect the results, it can have repercussions, such as grinding the entire system to a halt. PRTG also has a matrix about how many of certain types of sensors you can create on a probe - however the system doesn't have any kind of tracking for it, so the only real way of telling that the probe is overloaded is that it starts slowing down - and this impacts the data collection. The higher importance of your PRTG installation, you will have to have a keen eyed administrator.

Although PRTG is capable of scaling upwards, once you start to manage thousands of sensors, you need to start rigorously planning your probe deployment. The probe limitations may prevent you from logically grouping your sensor groups at a top level. And you won't notice performance problems until your data collection is already being impacted.

Our internal users use AD authentication. PRTG has a control that if there are too many failed logins in quick succession, then it delays all logins to protect itself from brute forcing. Unfortunately this does more harm than good when someone's password expires and PRTG is still running on a device somewhere (this happens quite often).

You can set a desired availability percentage in your settings, which applies to reports. Unfortunately, it's one setting for your entire environments - we want to monitor different availability levels for different services that we monitor!

Recommendations to others considering the product

PRTG is great for pretty much any monitoring scenario for any ICT shop. After exploring the market after installing PRTG, we ended up right back with them.

We use PRTG to monitor major backhaul telecommunication links, over 10,000 devices deployed in over 30 points of presence, and a multi-tenanted virtual environment. PRTG provides us event monitoring, alerting to responsible staff and end users, capacity management and uptime reporting. It is a critical piece of infrastructure that allows us to produce metrics for our OLA's and SLA's.

PRTG review by Administrator

"PRTG - Excellent Network Monitoring with a generous full featured free version"

What do you like best?

Free version allows you 100 sensors, with all features enabled.

Server hardware health and alerting via iLO/DRAC

VMWare host health checks and alerting

VMWare guest health and alerting (including storage latency and CPU)

Mobile app provides charts and status from anywhere

Down sensors can be "acknowledged" which lets other techs know the issue is being handled.

Predictive metrics determine "this sensor is unusually low for this day of the week" feature has actually turned up several backup failures and switching issues I'd missed because they were working nominally.

Round trip email (SMTP send through gmail -> deliver to another server -> POP3 receive) is a lifesaver to tell me Exchange is TRULY working.

Reports allow for billing of colocated services

What do you dislike?

Takes time to make the system really smart:

- you only get alerts if there's a real outage (sounds like a feature not a bug)

- Sensors don't have pre-set thresholds set to warn you of unusual levels. So you have to say "I want to know about storage latency above 50 ms" and things like that which are not outages but still require attention

Maps and graphical environment has to be made by hand. It's actually not bad, just takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the 100 sensor version first, then point it to your most critical systems.

Learn how to use the MIB builder application and generate the MIBS for your particular hardware.

You will be amazed how well this works.

Network connection down monitoring - I can sleep at night

VMWare host health monitoring - I can sleep at night

VMWare guest monitoring - I can sleep at night

PRTG review by Administrator in Maritime
Administrator in Maritime

"The best solution for monitoring your network"

What do you like best?

With this software I can monitor different kind of devices: Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, switches, firewall, UPS, SMS gateway, printers, VMware infrastructures, ecc... it is very stable and it allows to have remote probe for monitoring devices on a remote network without using a VPN.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you can install it only on Windows server.

I can receive in real time notifications about problems on my devices. You can use a mobile APP, integrate the server with a custom SMS gateway and receive allarms also when the e-mail server is down. It is very flexible.

PRTG review by Jared D.
Jared D.

"Easy to use, cost effective, and versatility make PRTG the clear choice for our IT monitoring needs"

What do you like best?

PRTG allows our entire team to monitor our mission critical network with ease, regardless of where we physically are located.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything we dislike about PRTG.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the market for a network monitoring tool that will allow you to proactively monitor all of your network devices across a geographically dispersed environment with limited staff and time to learn new skills then check out PRTG.

PRTG is the most cost effective method for monitoring our mission critical databases and network. Major benefits are mobility, value, and flexibility from an implementation perspective.

PRTG review by Cory H.
Cory H.

"Great monitor for the price"

What do you like best?

Setting up sensors to monitor is incredibly easy. It has great alert and reporting features. It is also easy to implement the monitoring into a webpage for displaying other important information. It is easy to set up, and is very well priced.

What do you dislike?

If you have large amount of sensors, it can be a pain to navigate the pages without just searching for them. It also can be a bit of a pain to pickup setting everything up when first starting out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great monitor for the price. It can monitor almost anything on your network.

Network monitoring (routers/switches), server monitoring (free space, CPU load, ect). It also allows for the use of scripts to monitor, so you can monitor the current amount of calls being placed with Skype for Business.

PRTG review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Excellent System Monitoring Tool"

What do you like best?

PRTG makes monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting a snap. When we get complaints of system performance or system unavailable we typically already have notification from PRTG and have started investigating. We no longer have to rely on users to report issues to us. There is an amazing number of sensor types and the development team seems to add new ones on every update. They have added sensors I didn't even know i wanted until they added them.

They also give you the ability to customize each sensor to meet your exact needs, want to monitor a website to be sure it is responding? No problem! Want to take it a step further and make sure the content on the page is correct? It can do that too. Does the site require authentication? You can add that to the sensor as well.

Alerting can do much more than just notifications as well. They give you the ability to execute programs or scripts when an event gets triggered. Do you have a hosted application that occasionally crashes and the service needs to be restarted? Just write a just alert that executes a script to restart the service, no more logging in at 2am just to get the service running again.

Historical reporting is crucial in troubleshooting issues as well. Being able to go back and look at a system's performance overtime has given us the ability to resolve issue and track down resolutions in a fraction of the time it used to take us.

What do you dislike?

One of my only complaints with PRTG is the way they count sensors. Unless you go with the full enterprise licensing you will pay for X number of sensors and sometimes you just don't want to waste one on something but you really want the data from it. SNMP switch monitoring eats up a good number of our sensors because each port requires 1 sensor. We really don't want to waste 96 of our 500 sensors monitoring the user switch stack, but the day we need to know where a ton of traffic is coming from makes it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time playing with each sensor type. Don't be afraid to experiment with them. It is amazing what you can do with some of the sensors.

We are able to resolve issues before the users even know there is a problem. Most of the time we get calls from users reporting the issue after it is already resolved or just as we are implementing the fix.

PRTG review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Great Product at a great price"

What do you like best?

Product is licensed at a great price point and is easy to use. Setup is simple and product is ready to use quickly.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more software probes. A deeper inspection of software would be the best

Network infrastructure monitoring. Being able to minimize down time for our users is key.

PRTG review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Admin of PRTG"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup, you can have this setup and running in less then 10 minutes. Runs on Windows and is all wizard driven. Powerful built in pre-set monitoring probes make monitoring the network, windows and linux easy. It has easy to manage alert thresholds and a map like dashboard. Upgrading is also very easy and can be down in a few minutes. You can do a good bit of customizing to it. The monitoring is agentless and uses SNMP, powershell or the like. Has a desktop agent to alert you when things go down

What do you dislike?

Historical trends only default to Live, 2 days or 30 days. Would like to see 7 days or something. Setting up alert thresholds can be tedious. Web interface can be slow at times. Desktop agent does not auto upgrade with the software on server. Quickly moving between monitors can be a pain as there is no fast switch between looking at a server CPU and that same servers memory usage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy to use software. Cannot beat it for the price

Monitoring and insight

PRTG review by User

"One of my prefer monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

It has a excellent structured network element view. Its join performance data and alerts in a perfect couple. It lets you search in historical data an specific value of your interest, changing in live, 2 days, 30 days and 365 days views. We use additionally maps, where we can set multiple and different sensors configuration including: chatrs, top 10, speedometers, and much more.

What do you dislike?

If you would like to get additional functions in Enterprise Console, redirects you to web console. It neither make any problems

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an exellent monitoring tool and I hope you could try it.

We are able to make deep network fail analysis, comparing traffic behavior during weeks

PRTG review by Ahmed S.
Ahmed S.

"Reliable, Automated & Affordable .. One of the Best"

What do you like best?

Reliable solution I can trust to monitor my machines around the world, easy to add new sensors, save me a lot of bandwidth on each sensor.

It works on likely every machine including mobile phones, The notification system is ready and customizable , APIs and Reports are well done, and the mobile app is helpful to keep my mind in peace.

What do you dislike?

I hope they add more sensors to Linux machines and Dynamic DNS option.

This software is Great and Do the job very well, without breaking the bank .

and the billing options are good for small companies because it bill you by sensor so the company can start right away the get the upgrade when needed.

PRTG review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Robust Network Monitoring software"

What do you like best?

Amount of sensors availability, can monitor anything. Ease of setup and configuration. Allows for remote probes which is great for monitoring multiple locations.

What do you dislike?

Only runs on Windows is the biggest and really only downside. This would be a phenomenal tool if it on Linux.

Monitor mission critical systems, applications, services and networks. Know about downtime before it affects your users or customers.

PRTG review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

he software is very easy to use and stable. It does everything I'd like it to do and more

What do you dislike?

There are ads in the newer versions which I'm not really a fan of, but it doesn't interfere with using the software

Server, network and application monitoring. We are notified of issues early and can respond quickly.

PRTG review by Krzysztof L.
Krzysztof L.

"Most versatile network monitor "

What do you like best?

This software has unlimited ways of customising every singe sensor and scanner. You can present every item in the way to suit you the most. Furthermore you can get the notification based per sensor or group or common item depending on spikes, patterns, unusual traffics and more.

What do you dislike?

Full time job to manage it. Left on auto-discovery will keep adding deleted sensors each time the scan goes and there is no way to block it. Can be tricky in VMWare enviroment where you VMotion often, each time you do you loose historic data as it doesn't "reconnect" to previous storage guid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have lots of storage and want to be able to be notified on anything that's going on on the network.

Helps detect loops, spikes, broadcasts.

PRTG review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Decent solution, not the stellar tool I was looking for"

What do you like best?

Implementation is easy, and the free 100 monitors helps with try-before-buy approach.

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to work with out-of-bounds products. Not intuitive to deal with devices with multiple IPs, or devices with alternating network access paths. (For example, a device that roams from point to point and acquires different IP addresses can't be identified as the same device.)

Monitoring of small office network infrastructure.

PRTG review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Casual PRTG User"

What do you like best?

Provides up to minute availability of all network devices with alerts for everyone.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing yet that I have come across in PRTG that I do not like.

PRTG now provides the person on call with a lot more information about what is happening when there is a problem, before driving in. Remote fixes are more likely now.

PRTG review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Perfect network and server monitor"

What do you like best?

I get notifications when devices go down. I can also monitor network bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but wish there was some more sensors geared toward Microsoft Exchange. Also wish they offered a hybrid on-premise and cloud integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get plenty of sensors. You can never have enough sensors.

Able to look for network bottlenecks.

PRTG review by George H.
George H.

"Flexible and fast network monitoring"

What do you like best?

It's very quick, easy to learn and use, and supports a wide range of devices. The ability for multi-site, agentless monitoring and reporting is hugely powerful.

What do you dislike?

As an MSP we would prefer more functionality in the API as well as integration with single-sign-on platforms. But these are minor gripes.

Real-time network monitoring was a challenge for us, but PRTG gives us the insight across our client base to help quickly identify, diagnose and resolve incidents.

PRTG review by Administrator

"Powerful monitoring solution that is easy to use and fairly priced"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - No SQL, no agents

Lightweight, runs on a workstation or under powered server

Includes a slick mobile app and desktop client

What do you dislike?

Initial auto discovery was a bit overwhelming.

Estimating sensor count was confusing at first

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fantastic tool for SMB especially as you can monitor everything in your environment from VMWare,Hyper-V, hardware and applications.

Network traffic, website availability, services and applications, disk space, memory, printer status, database metrics and Active Directory replication

PRTG review by Victor A.
Victor A.

"PRTG"

What do you like best?

Help monitor uptime and failures on network equipment in a Campus Network environment.

What do you dislike?

Hardware (processor and memory) utilization.

Ease of remote monitoring and device management.

PRTG review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great product with lots of sensor types and easy to use. Powerful"

What do you like best?

Large Variety of sensors. Easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

Product auto discovery needs to be more cofigurable on what it finds and adds during the initial install discovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it before spending big money on other alternatives.

Bandwidth monitoring.

PRTG review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Very Useful and Flexible monitoring"

What do you like best?

Variety of monitoring methods, we use Windows as well as SNMP

What do you dislike?

inability to generate multiple circles in the 'donut' style chart

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, but don't limit yourself to one, periodically review other offerings, some may suit your style better than others.

Keeping an eye on hundreds if not thousands of devices, services and equipment across multiple locations

PRTG review by Zaki R.
Zaki R.

"A good tool to be used for monitoring"

What do you like best?

sensors and probe-based technology to gather information for network services, such as Ping, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, and FTP.

Ability to monitor websites, online services, cloud services and other connected offerings.

Its ability to gather massive amounts of network data for analysis.

It offers all of its functionality with the purchase of a single license,

What do you dislike?

It may not offer a sensor or probe for every one of their network devices

Cost is also a reason, too expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good tool for monitoring only if you can convince your boss to buy it.

Monitoring network and storage devices

PRTG review by Purval P.
Purval P.

"It has been a fantastic monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

Instant alert for any abnormality with your owned servers

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about prtg

IT business. It has been helping out to quickly act on issues.

PRTG review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Free Monitoring "

What do you like best?

100 sensors for free! Perfect for SMBs. Easily monitor critical devices and services and get email, text, and push notifications.

What do you dislike?

It's not exactly intuitive but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, give it a try!

I'm able to quickly respond to outages before our associates notice there's trouble.

PRTG review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"My thoughts on PRTG"

What do you like best?

I enjoy getting updates when devices go down via the iOS app.

What do you dislike?

The web interface takes a while to get used to. Especially with the new upgrade.

Monitoring device up/down status and bandwidth usage.

PRTG review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Prtg"

What do you like best?

The extreme ease in configuring PRTG to work with the equipment.

What do you dislike?

The limited number of graphs (you can purchase an unlimited version, however).

PRTG allows us to monitor the bandwidth used in our network.

Learn more about PRTG

PRTG Videos

Learning about PRTG?

* We monitor all PRTG reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.