PRWeb

PRWeb transformed the "press release" from an expensive tool used by large corporations to an inexpensive yet highly effective way for organizations of all sizes to distribute their news on the Internet, increase their visibility online and attract customers.

Work for PRWeb?

Learning about PRWeb?

PRWeb Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 66 PRWeb reviews
PRWeb review by <span>Casey D.</span>
Casey D.

Powerful tool made more powerful if you have SEO experience

What do you like best?

On the surface, PRWeb is wonderfully easy to use. The system is very self-explanatory, responsive, and easy to both write into and edit. I find that it also rewards solid writing skills, which is better than many web-oriented systems that focus more on keyword-stuffing than actually saying something useable on the journalist's end. (Of course, caveat that with my dislikes, below.)

What do you dislike?

PRWeb's ease of use masks training (experience?) not presented as necessary. I watched several newer team members struggle because they just uploaded releases (copy-paste) and not take the time to tune their writing to the system. I find several non-PRWeb (meaning non-official) YouTube tutorials helped me hone my use of the system; then I brushed up on search engine keyword strategy. The additional effort greatly increased the hits on my releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously, go to YouTube and search for PRWeb tutorials. Additionally, taking Google's free Analytics training will help you better understand how to strategize the inclusion of keywords into your PRWeb releases.

It's a fast way to get attention for lesser-known clients/issues. PRWeb's reach turns the "shotgun" distribution approach into a more powerful tool. I'm (and clients are) delighted to find pick-up with outlets and journalists we didn't know existed. That leaves me to focus my pitching skills on more targeted media outlets. The combination is greater than either alone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PRWeb
PRWeb review by User in Financial Services

It's fine for getting a press release out

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. I had never published a press release before, and PRWeb made the process easy and straightforward, and I liked the ability to share a proof with others by adding their emails. .

What do you dislike?

The metrics are a little hard to understand. I also had issues with them approving my releases saying I did not have authorization to talk about my company, even though I did. We had a special arrangement made with management that allowed us to talk about our client's businesses. However, when management changed, they no longer honored our agreement, which delayed press releases, We ended up stopping using their services because of this problem.

We no longer use them, but we did use them to put our press releases about our clients and the businesses they were opening. While it worked to get press releases distributed, we never saw much success with them, besides them getting published.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

PRWeb review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

Good option for a lower cost press release distribution service

What do you like best?

PRWeb is a good alternative to higher priced press release distribution services. It gets the release out there without costing an arm and a leg. For my startup, small business and nonprofit clients, it's a reasonable option. It allows you to include an image for the $249 level. It's pretty easy to use, too. Just be careful not to buy additional services that they may offer you as you proceed through the submission process.

What do you dislike?

There is some additional "red tape" at times with PRWeb. You have to have the client's permission to submit a press release on their behalf the first time you do it, which is confusing for the client and causes delays.

Also, their sales team always tries to push buying a "package" of releases. That doesn't really work for most of my clients, who only issue releases via wire occasionally.

And, they have a delay--you have to pay extra to send out the release immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, if you're used to paying high fees for this type of service.

It's well priced for what you get. The release gets on the search engine to boost SEO. Compared to other services, you can't beat the price. Other services can be more than $1000, especially if you want to include any visuals. ugh. It shouldn't cost more to issue the release than what the client pays to have it written.

PRWeb review by User

Easily configured for optimal PR sending

What do you like best?

Once you configure your settings (social media links, contact preferences, logo and feature images, etc.) you never have to worry about it again. Makes my life much easier when my boss tells me something needs to go out "ASAP!"

What do you dislike?

I wish there the add-on pricing for additional regional target audiences wasn't so steep. As a service, I feel like PRWeb is pretty middle of the road where pricing is concerned- unless you have several add-ons. Then it gets up in the PRNewswire territory.

We are able to quickly communicate news from our company to the world. And we are able to do so (usually) at a relatively decent price. Packages are great if you have the content for it.

PRWeb review by User

Average press coverage at a decent price

What do you like best?

I consider PR Web a middle of the road PR distribution service. The coverage is what you would expect for the price you pay. I do like the ability to select specific target regions and industries.

What do you dislike?

I just wish the coverage was better... I've used many distribution services and find this one to be so-so. I also don't love that each time we submit a release, we need to go through a ton of hoops if we have cited another company in the release - every time we send one! It is very inconvenient.

We have been able to stay within budget for PR, which is nice. And we can reach more people than manually sending.

PRWeb review by <span>David B.</span>
David B.

PRWeb is Ideal for Small or Large Business PR

What do you like best?

It is great that PRWeb offers different levels of service to enable each publicity effort to target the media and area where publicity is desired.

What do you dislike?

The price structure is sometimes difficult for small mom and pop businesses to handle, but other than that they are fantastic in every way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My clients who are seeking publicity and awareness built over time and then maintained at the desired level are please with the results they get through PRWeb, which is enhanced by my press release writing and distribution skills.

My clients who want to establish or build brand awareness through a regular and frequent publicity campaign are always pleased with the results they get with PRWeb.

Learning about PRWeb?

* We monitor all PRWeb reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.