PRWeb

3.8

PRWeb transformed the "press release" from an expensive tool used by large corporations to an inexpensive yet highly effective way for organizations of all sizes to distribute their news on the Internet, increase their visibility online and attract customers.

Work for PRWeb?

Learning about PRWeb?

PRWeb Reviews

Showing 82 PRWeb reviews
PRWeb review by Abby M.
Abby M.

"Easy to Use Press Release Distribution Software"

What do you like best?

The website used to input your press release text is easy to understand and navigate. Also their editorial team checks to make sure your press release hits certain parameters to give the best results for both PRWeb and your organization. I also like the report they give you about your press release distribution - very helpful information.

What do you dislike?

You have to schedule your press release 4 hours out (to give the editorial team enough time to review your press release).

PRWeb helps get our organization's name out there. It also helps me make better use of my time because I can work on the press release and save it if I need to come back to it later, or schedule it for sending in the future.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about PRWeb
PRWeb review by Casey D.
Casey D.

"Powerful tool made more powerful if you have SEO experience"

What do you like best?

On the surface, PRWeb is wonderfully easy to use. The system is very self-explanatory, responsive, and easy to both write into and edit. I find that it also rewards solid writing skills, which is better than many web-oriented systems that focus more on keyword-stuffing than actually saying something useable on the journalist's end. (Of course, caveat that with my dislikes, below.)

What do you dislike?

PRWeb's ease of use masks training (experience?) not presented as necessary. I watched several newer team members struggle because they just uploaded releases (copy-paste) and not take the time to tune their writing to the system. I find several non-PRWeb (meaning non-official) YouTube tutorials helped me hone my use of the system; then I brushed up on search engine keyword strategy. The additional effort greatly increased the hits on my releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously, go to YouTube and search for PRWeb tutorials. Additionally, taking Google's free Analytics training will help you better understand how to strategize the inclusion of keywords into your PRWeb releases.

It's a fast way to get attention for lesser-known clients/issues. PRWeb's reach turns the "shotgun" distribution approach into a more powerful tool. I'm (and clients are) delighted to find pick-up with outlets and journalists we didn't know existed. That leaves me to focus my pitching skills on more targeted media outlets. The combination is greater than either alone.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

PRWeb review by User in Financial Services

"It's fine for getting a press release out"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. I had never published a press release before, and PRWeb made the process easy and straightforward, and I liked the ability to share a proof with others by adding their emails. .

What do you dislike?

The metrics are a little hard to understand. I also had issues with them approving my releases saying I did not have authorization to talk about my company, even though I did. We had a special arrangement made with management that allowed us to talk about our client's businesses. However, when management changed, they no longer honored our agreement, which delayed press releases, We ended up stopping using their services because of this problem.

We no longer use them, but we did use them to put our press releases about our clients and the businesses they were opening. While it worked to get press releases distributed, we never saw much success with them, besides them getting published.

PRWeb review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Good option for a lower cost press release distribution service"

What do you like best?

PRWeb is a good alternative to higher priced press release distribution services. It gets the release out there without costing an arm and a leg. For my startup, small business and nonprofit clients, it's a reasonable option. It allows you to include an image for the $249 level. It's pretty easy to use, too. Just be careful not to buy additional services that they may offer you as you proceed through the submission process.

What do you dislike?

There is some additional "red tape" at times with PRWeb. You have to have the client's permission to submit a press release on their behalf the first time you do it, which is confusing for the client and causes delays.

Also, their sales team always tries to push buying a "package" of releases. That doesn't really work for most of my clients, who only issue releases via wire occasionally.

And, they have a delay--you have to pay extra to send out the release immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, if you're used to paying high fees for this type of service.

It's well priced for what you get. The release gets on the search engine to boost SEO. Compared to other services, you can't beat the price. Other services can be more than $1000, especially if you want to include any visuals. ugh. It shouldn't cost more to issue the release than what the client pays to have it written.

PRWeb review by User

"Easily configured for optimal PR sending"

What do you like best?

Once you configure your settings (social media links, contact preferences, logo and feature images, etc.) you never have to worry about it again. Makes my life much easier when my boss tells me something needs to go out "ASAP!"

What do you dislike?

I wish there the add-on pricing for additional regional target audiences wasn't so steep. As a service, I feel like PRWeb is pretty middle of the road where pricing is concerned- unless you have several add-ons. Then it gets up in the PRNewswire territory.

We are able to quickly communicate news from our company to the world. And we are able to do so (usually) at a relatively decent price. Packages are great if you have the content for it.

PRWeb review by User

"Average press coverage at a decent price"

What do you like best?

I consider PR Web a middle of the road PR distribution service. The coverage is what you would expect for the price you pay. I do like the ability to select specific target regions and industries.

What do you dislike?

I just wish the coverage was better... I've used many distribution services and find this one to be so-so. I also don't love that each time we submit a release, we need to go through a ton of hoops if we have cited another company in the release - every time we send one! It is very inconvenient.

We have been able to stay within budget for PR, which is nice. And we can reach more people than manually sending.

PRWeb review by David B.
David B.

"PRWeb is Ideal for Small or Large Business PR"

What do you like best?

It is great that PRWeb offers different levels of service to enable each publicity effort to target the media and area where publicity is desired.

What do you dislike?

The price structure is sometimes difficult for small mom and pop businesses to handle, but other than that they are fantastic in every way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My clients who are seeking publicity and awareness built over time and then maintained at the desired level are please with the results they get through PRWeb, which is enhanced by my press release writing and distribution skills.

My clients who want to establish or build brand awareness through a regular and frequent publicity campaign are always pleased with the results they get with PRWeb.

PRWeb review by Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.

"Good press release distributor"

What do you like best?

My account manager is great and provides helpful tips. Their editorial team also reviews and makes edits if necessary.

What do you dislike?

You can't format your release. If you include another company in your release you have to get them to approve. It can be difficult to them get another approval from that company/customer mentioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use service, fairly cheap too.

Helps me send press releases over the wire. Easy to use service.

PRWeb review by Katie P.
Katie P.

"Easy way to distribute press releases"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, self-explanatory process, options for targeted distribution

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say this is a dislike, but a differentiator of other release distribution providers: it doesn't reach as large of audiences as others, but this is perfect for companies looking for national outreach on a budget

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might need a little training, but you won't need a full onboard. Super simple tool

Easy way to distribute press releases, which we do frequently

PRWeb review by User in Internet

"Adequate for Companies on a Budget"

What do you like best?

PRWeb is simple and easy to use, they provide a lot of customization options depending on the audience(s) you're trying to reach, and their customer support is easy to reach.

What do you dislike?

PRWeb doesn't reach as large of an audience as some of the more expensive press release tools can (PRNewswire, for example). However, for companies looking to make an impact on a budget, PRWeb gets the job done.

PRWeb helps companies get their messages out to a large, targeted audience quickly and easily. These days, press releases are less about getting media attention, and more about SEO. WIth PRWeb, my company has been able to boost our SEO and spread brand awareness.

PRWeb review by User

"PRWeb Does the Job for a Good Price"

What do you like best?

PRWeb made it easy to target regions and topics for our press release. It was simple, straightforward process.

What do you dislike?

They sent me so many emails reminding me about all these different things that weren't relevant. I couldn't turn the email off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We got a personal referral to PRWeb from a trusted contact and that's why we went with them. You won't be disappointed.

PRWeb solved our need to announce the acquisition of a new real estate deal. The benefit was more people heard about our firm and what we do.

PRWeb review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Cutting Edge News Delivered"

What do you like best?

I like that the information is current and also more importantly; that all of the information related to the PR contact is provided.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. If I had to pick one thing... it relates to incorrect contact information provided or out dated.

The Ability to connect with the right PR contact.

PRWeb review by Heather  L.
Heather L.

"PR Web Is Great"

What do you like best?

I love the aggregate of all the media outlets and the ability to distribute quickly.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough local outlets on the distribution list. I don't like this.

Getting relevant news out to media outlets in a quick and effective manner.

PRWeb review by Dominica A.
Dominica A.

"Amazing PR service!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and the price range. It is so easy to use that there are no excuses not to use it. Simple, and so powerful if done regularly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. The service is simply perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Write a press release about your business, and for $99/pop, PRWeb will get it published for you on news sites and tech blogs. For a little extra, they’ll send your release to journalists and bloggers, in the hopes that they’ll publish it for you on their sites too.

Providing lots of outreach opportunities for our business.

PRWeb review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Only use when necessary"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and they make it easy to follow along with guidelines listed at each part of when you submit.

What do you dislike?

Their process to submit releases and then go through them. sometimes they don't understand my message when I am sending it through a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't be fooled by a lot of their add on packages. Just keep it simple and understand what your client needs when you are submitting.

I typically use it with my clients for bigger projects or when we need to break news

PRWeb review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Distribution Network"

What do you like best?

This is a great service our company uses to send out press releases. Very easy and intuitive. It also catches mistakes and won't send out anything with errors.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about this service. It does what it does well. It's a pain to have to log-in to social media each time in order to add social accounts in each distribution, but I can see the point of having to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to get the word out on your company/event, this service gets the job done.

We host a number of events each year, so this definitely helps us in getting our press releases out. It helps us to analyze our data and see how people hear about our events.

PRWeb review by Gary W.
Gary W.

"Powerful for PR and Journalists"

What do you like best?

I like the daily digest tool for creating personalized feeds for the industries I cover.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike, the learning curve is short and the user interface is intuitive.

PRWeb allows me to distribute and receive PR content targeted to the audiences I want to reach, with strong SEO benefits as well.

PRWeb review by User

"PR Web is a great tool to share information"

What do you like best?

PR Web is very easy to use. I like that I can send something out and the next day I have thousands of impressions.

What do you dislike?

Using PR Web I dislike that I cannot make anything bold or italics. It is also very hard to work with spacing. I also get nervous with the numbers reported, thinking they may not be correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to get your information out then PRWeb is a great tool.

With PRWeb we have gained more notice from media when doing campaigns.

PRWeb review by Ingrid C.
Ingrid C.

"PR Web Review"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use, upload, add images, insert copy, etc.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that the coverage is really good enough.

The results look good for the client as it appears that your news is fairly well distributed. There are good links that can then be used for social media.

PRWeb review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"PRWeb makes press release distribution fairly easy with only a few hiccups. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy the set up is and how it is fairly self explanatory. I like how it's just a matter of cut and paste from my word document. I did like how PRWeb would not release the release until any problem areas were fixed. It was like an extra line of defense, which is nice in the fast-paced world of PR.

What do you dislike?

How I have to log in to Facebook and LinkedIn every time I distribute a release. It would be nice if it would automatically stay logged in. I would also like to be able to have more select choices for keywords. While there are certainly a lot to choose from, there were many that didn't exactly fit my client's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to others for press release distribution. It's fairly easy to follow and is far reaching. I do wish there were more helpful tips in getting more than 3 stars on headlines and summaries, but other than that, I think it is a great site.

We are working to generate more positive press for our clients. I think it is great how far and wide our press releases have reached. Our client has mentioned how he keeps getting new calls every week from people who have seen the press releases, so I think the wide audience has helped generate more business for him.

I think PRWeb is great for professionals just getting started in the business because it is an easy format to follow, in terms of how to set up the release.

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Good for basic Public Relation specialists"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is free and can be easily set up by a new user. The ease of the platform is one of its best features.

What do you dislike?

Because it is free, there is a sense of clustered voice on the platform. I believe this product is good for basic announcements but for serious impressions, it does not supplement paid pr strategies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I mentioned, this is a great tool for beginners to explore to get some traction going.. You should definitely use it to get traffic to the website too. It is a great referral source.

Getting the client's brand noticed and visible in a busy marketplace. I use it regularly to get traffic to my website too.

PRWeb review by Chersten R.
Chersten R.

"PRWeb Review"

What do you like best?

That i can choose the region where my press releases are sent and also include images and links to my company and my products.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i can't drill down as much as i'd like in regards to cities but it's ok

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this and consider PR Wire. However more often than not we choose this on an as needed basis.

Getting our new and relevant news out to the community and desired areas.

PRWeb review by Agency in Higher Education
Agency in Higher Education

"Complicated Interface, but Good End Result"

What do you like best?

After trying several different press services, PRWeb does seem to have the most comprehensive press coverage. Their distribution list is by far the largest and most impressive.

What do you dislike?

The interface is incredibly clunky. You have to copy and paste different sections of the press release into text boxes instead of simply uploading a Word document or copying into one main text box. I also feel that the service is overpriced for what they offer, but if you have a high-profile press release, it's worth it to go for PRWeb instead of a third party site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan some extra time in your day to upload the press release. It's definitely not a two-minute process.

PRWeb has definitely helped us gain press coverage. If you use PRWeb, you're certain to get at least some media attention, both in digital searches and print.

PRWeb review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Publish your post within minutes"

What do you like best?

it's simple and easy to work in their interface and they have recommendations on how you can improve your content which is very useful

What do you dislike?

Nothing really bothers me about this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty easy to use platform to get your words out there quickly.

We use PRweb for our press release to reach out to more audiences about our success stories, case studies, and eventually, we generate more customers/leads.

"PRWeb for Client Use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simple interface of the site. It makes the process of sending out releases headache free. There is also a great response and clients are generally happy about results.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike. But sometimes it can be hard to make corrections to releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this as a tool as a way yo generate buzz and gain media coverage for clients.

We are tracking for clients how much coverage they receive and monitoring what news is out there about them and their competitors. PRWeb ahs allowed us to look up other news and to also get important information out.

PRWeb review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"PR Web for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

PR Web is simple to use, while writing a press release, it makes suggestions how how to optimize your SEO along with other useful tips. It's like having an editor in real time.

What do you dislike?

I would like more in depth analytics, but what they do have gives good overall insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PR Web is an excellent source to write and distribute press releases, it allows you to pick key regions or industries in order to target your clients and potential market.

We use PR Web to distribute press releases on awards and staffing changes, this is an opportunity for us to create brand awareness and optimize our SEO.

PRWeb review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Good customer service "

What do you like best?

Great all-access phone line for great customer service.

What do you dislike?

Not the widest distribtuion -- had to rely on other methods to get picked up.

Wide distribution to segmented audiences

PRWeb review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"PRWeb seems to be a mixed bag of high-fives and headaches."

What do you like best?

PRWeb does a great job understanding what its clients are there to do and offering a solution to that need that is clear and accessible. Because costs aren't hidden and scalability is served up with no pressure, PRWeb feels like an approachable news distribution channel. It also appears to offer valuable add-ons and recommendations for improvement for rookies.

What do you dislike?

The upload process can be quirky. I can keep my wits about me after one timeout or error, but on more than one occasion, I've felt like I've run into one brick wall after another and find myself clambering (alone) for a solution, grasping for straws such as browser compatibility.

Leveraging social media is a bit of a challenge as well, as it assumes the person uploading the release is also the keyholder to all social media assets. For our company, that's not the case, so when I try to connect our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn accounts to the release, it tries to verify them on my personal accounts, which I don't want to do. Or if I do want to do that, PRWeb doesn't hold my hand enough in that part of the upload process to let me know. I feel like I end up missing a pretty big opportunity by bypassing that portion of the service, but the last time I tried to figure it out, the system timed out, and I lost all of my prior work (see paragraph 1 in this same section).

I dislike the deluge of competitors that hammer me over the head with their offers, but I don't imagine there's a damn thing PRWeb can do about that now (and likely can consider it a feather in their cap since the release is obviously landing in someone's lap).

I'm not sure if we're solving this challenge, but we are perpetually focusing on garnering regional, national and trade-industry visibility. We enjoy the metrics that let us know how many people and pubs have gotten their grips on our news, but beyond that, it feels a bit nebulous.

We're always working to boost SEO without dumping buckets of cash to Google AdWords and other engines that hold our budgets hostage, and I keep crossing my fingers and holding my breath that carefully crafted press releases with proper messaging on the proper news distribution service will somehow help. Does it? Tough to say.

PRWeb review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"PRWeb: Is it worth it?"

What do you like best?

For small to mid-size companies, PRWeb is a good way to distribute company news to a wide and directed audience--especially for software companies such as ours. The editors are given a narrow window of what is considered news--human interest and thought leadership interviews--can fall outside their guidelines so it's important to demonstrate the timeliness and news worthiness of the press release. I have found them consistent and their feedback very useful.

What do you dislike?

The Vocus analytics don't necessarily reflect the interest generated in a specific press release topic. We may have over 100K impressions, but we often see more interest and activity on our website due to other events and promotions rather than PRWeb Press Releases. In other words, it has its place in the Marketing strategy, but it can be limited.

We wanted to increase awareness and understanding of our B2B data extraction, location, and classification software platform. We've seen some positive results due to leveraging PRWeb.

PRWeb review by Bruce C.
Bruce C.

"PR Web Provides Great Service and Great Coverage"

What do you like best?

I have been using PR Web for almost three years. The software and their support team has performed exceptionally and helped us drive great results in our PR program. We routinely get releases posted to almost 300 online sites. The support team is always helpful in resolving any issues and they are very responsive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system can be a little difficult to use, but overall, considering the amount of data they manage every day, it is a solid system that provides a lot of benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for distributing PR releases that allows you to target industries or regions of the country.

We use PR Web to provide PR for our clients. It enables us to both distribute releases to a very broad base of news sites as well as target specific regions or markets very easily. Providing our clients with excellent PR coverage helps them to grow their business.

PRWeb review by Harrison M.
Harrison M.

"Great idea, mediocre execution"

What do you like best?

I've heard a lot of great things about PR Web in the past, which is what initially got me to try it out back in September. After running a press release with them, I was greatly satisfied with the amount of links their service pulled in. The reports were easy to read, and I got incredible customer service from them.

What do you dislike?

After further examination on the report, however, I came to realize that maybe only 2-3 links were actually racking in a decent amount of views. The rest were from obscure sites that I personally had never heard of. I think the idea of being able to disseminate a press release with the simple click of a button is great, but this could easily be in the 8-10 range had it actually made an impact on sales and/or impressions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations would be to broaden your topic as much as possible. The more outlets you are on, the better chance you have of getting a great bang out of your buck.

PR Web was able to improve my SEO score slightly, but it definitely has some room for improvement.

PRWeb review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Impersonal, Miscommunication and Arbitrary Editorial Rules"

What do you like best?

Advertises a good value proposition, but...

What do you dislike?

Horrible experience as first time user. They held up my release, then sent an email confirming it was fine, then just never released it at the scheduled time because it was still held up. Editorial had an issue with one of the words in the headline, which I revised to a synonym I found that they had published many times. But I was held up in editorial again who refused to publish despite having approved it for larger companies. The word is "Free". The staff is impersonal and editorial policies arbitrary. What a waste of time and damage. If you have an urgent release and are not a large customer of theirs, I would advise going somewhere else.

We are a social enterprise offering a free tool for educators

PRWeb review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Affordable and gets the job done"

What do you like best?

In comparison with other companies, PR Web is quite affordable and succeeds in an expected number of placements.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes for this product. I have not attempted using other syndicate products.

Awareness. While press releases are outdated, they provide hard data that can’t be argued with in terms of audience reach.

PRWeb review by Mwamba Juliette M.
Mwamba Juliette M.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

Really great by impacts customer behavior by providing efficient communication tools to correspnd with them

What do you dislike?

It's definitely for small businesses rather than for large scale operations

It's definitely for small businesses rather than for large scale operations, but overall great benefits

"It’s okay"

What do you like best?

Another SEO for our website. Basic platform to push any news we had. Easy to create account.

What do you dislike?

Really other SEO purposes. No body seemed to care. I mean yeah it shows up on News tab of Google, but nobody seemed to read it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for bare-minimum PR effort. It's not that hard to put together a quick article and submit to PRweb.

Pushing our any major updates. Bare minimum PR effort. Benefits... SEO?

PRWeb review by Marvin C.
Marvin C.

"PRWeb - Non-invasive, simple tools, but lacks features and questionable verification and editing"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple design, the template system is exactly what we need for standard press releases.

What do you dislike?

Too simple, editor lacks basic features, like headings and bold text. Editorial process can be inconsistent. Statistic tracking and useability can be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use and simple press release distribution interface. PR web is a good choice.

PR Web is great for promotion and brand awareness, as well as keeping the public up-to-date with our latest research findings.

PRWeb review by David G.
David G.

"Not as good as PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

It works for what it is but I used PR Newswire at a previous job and felt it was more effective

What do you dislike?

One size fits all, which makes it feel like we are sending out release that are not being read

Broad PR distribution

PRWeb review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"PR Web review"

What do you like best?

I like that there are lots of tips and tricks to create effective press releases.

What do you dislike?

There should be more specific targeting of the chosen media for people like me who specialize in a certain field.

Creating more modern, concise, and enticing press releases.

PRWeb review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"It’s a great source for “real news”"

What do you like best?

I appreciate PRWeb when writing journalistic articles as a source of valid information.and authoritative quotes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the pieces are biased, making them invalid for journalistic work.

I am able to use PRWeb as an original source for research.

PRWeb review by Karina C.
Karina C.

"Great platform with amazing customer service"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and has great customer experience

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to find the pricing guide

Distributing press releases to a targeted audience. It shares company news as fast as you need it to.

PRWeb review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great, easy to use press release distribution software!"

What do you like best?

The ease of uploading press releases and selecting the distribution lists and regions.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could target a little more specifically on some of the distribution lists.

A way to gain a broader audience for our press release distribution.

PRWeb review by David N.
David N.

"Easy to Use - Great Value!"

What do you like best?

The user interface on PRWeb is very easy to use and the price for their PR distribution is a great value.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback to PRWeb is the lack of rich format editing. It would be great if they could ad bulleted lists and bolding to the formatting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. This is a great service and at a great price.

PRWeb has enabled us to cost effectively increase the awareness of our company.

"The Power of PR Web"

What do you like best?

Ease of use to disseminate information to a larger online audience.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find the limited distribution notices to be unclear in how to best edit the release for full approval from PR Web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PR Web is an excellent tool for promoting products and services. Through several functions, positive reputation, and large reach, PR Web is the best in the industry.

Using PR Web has allowed for me to better service my clients through promoting general awareness of their product to a much larger audience. Getting results for clients is always beneficial, and through the ease of PR Web, it allows me to be more productive in my work day.

PRWeb review by Chloe M.
Chloe M.

"Cision"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which you can make press lists.

What do you dislike?

That the media list app doesn't have the linkability to the other Cision apps.

Quicker turn around in media list creation

PRWeb review by loretta h.
loretta h.

"great product"

What do you like best?

ease of use, user-friendly, works great with windows 10

What do you dislike?

it was hard to find this at first but once i discovered it wow

it helps me get press releases out faster

PRWeb review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"A great low-cost press release distributor for startups and small businesses "

What do you like best?

Low cost, covers most of the areas you'd want to submit.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If you want wider distribution you might try a more expensive options.

Press release distribution

PRWeb review by User in Computer Software

"Decent site for posting Press Releases"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of sharing the releases and knowing they are out there quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a bit steep, and they could offer better packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the number of press releases you can post in your package or else they go to waste.

We use PR web to share press releases to promote our accounts and it has been helpful in getting more online attention.

PRWeb review by User

"Get the word out fast."

What do you like best?

It’s the quickest way to professionally distribute news releases besides social media.

What do you dislike?

I don’t believe their is a free tier for limited number of releases per month or year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimately, we couldn’t justify the expense at the time. But it might be great for a more national or global brand.

For a small business, it’s a great way to wisely distribute news and information for your company.

PRWeb review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"PRWeb - easy, accessible, informative"

What do you like best?

PRWeb quickly gives me the information I need about media personnel, events, press releases, and more. It is a one stop shop that makes my job easier.

What do you dislike?

The server can be slow if multiple people are on the account.

PRWeb allows me to contact media, solving the problem of not having their information and giving me multiple sources.

PRWeb review by Consultant

"More affordable than PR Newswire"

What do you like best?

The price is fair for a typical-sized news release (based on words). It is a good alternative to more expensive distribution services for small budgets.

What do you dislike?

The reach or visibility releases is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them or lose them so make sure you distribute as many releases as you are allotted to get as much exposure as possible for your money.

Visibility on a budget.

PRWeb review by Barbara E.
Barbara E.

"Press releases are great....don't really need all the other bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

The press releases look great and are relatively easy to produce. The reports are very helpful as well

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more options for pricing. I don't always need the Cadillac pricing but need some aspects of it.

The press releases have helped our SEO goals.

PRWeb review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Press Release Distribution"

What do you like best?

Pretty reputable since it's a Cision product. Content gets posted to PRWeb site which has good search rankings and domain authority.

What do you dislike?

Interface was very boring. Analytics could use some improvement.

We wanted a better way to distribute content for our company. However, with the size and budget of our company we decided that the results did not validate the cost.

PRWeb review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to Use Service, Friendly Staff"

What do you like best?

PR Web is VERY straight forward and incredibly user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Some review times can be longer than expected

Easy use and targeted wire distribution

PRWeb review by Consultant

"PR Web Review "

What do you like best?

I like that PR Web has packagers that are reasonable for small firms, especially for small firms just starting out.

What do you dislike?

The downside is that the website that PR Web publishes your release is full of nothing but releases so you’re could be lost in the shuffle.

Solving the efficiency with which PR releases can be done.

PRWeb review by User in Higher Education

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the simplicity of the software.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the multiple options you have to go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorial.

I am solving how to get the word out to as many people as possible. The benefits include but are not limited to ease of accessibility, simplicity, and quickness.

PRWeb review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Must have for press release distribution"

What do you like best?

PRWeb will ensure your release hits all the major news desks and is searchable online.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive, so picking and choosing which releases get wired is tough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for best pricing. Most wire services offer the same product at the end of the day.

Reaching all news desks.

PRWeb review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Satisfactory Experience"

What do you like best?

Fairly simple to use, low cost, exportable reports.

What do you dislike?

We had a lot of problems getting PRWeb to verify our company phone number and it delayed publication of our release. Still wasn't fully satisfied with the final answer on that problem, but had to eventually send out the release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely the lowest cost option, but early on in the process, I feel like it is a case of " you get what you pay for."

Better brand recognition and media attention. It's too early to tell if those have been realized.

PRWeb review by User

"easy to use and affordable"

What do you like best?

PRWeb is easy to use and very affordable.

What do you dislike?

Distribution could definitely be a bit stronger.

We wanted to issue press releases without breaking the bank. We also wanted to target online outlets as a tech company. PRWeb is a good solution for that.

PRWeb review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"PR Web for Press Releases"

What do you like best?

They distribute press releases exactly as I have prepared them.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes think the pick-up or targets selected aren't always correct for my releases.

PR Web is helping to spread the word about the news updates my organization has and wants to share with everyone.

PRWeb review by Peter W.
Peter W.

"PRWeb makes press release distribution quick and easy."

What do you like best?

Choosing various industries, media lists, and regions is simple.

What do you dislike?

The editor could be a bit more powerful and intuitive.

We've used PRWeb to build brand awareness, get re-posts for SEO benefits, as well as open up some press and media opportunities we wouldn't otherwise have had.

PRWeb review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fairly positive experience, but have had limited exposure thus far"

What do you like best?

I think the recommendations / checklist around how to improve your release is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find that the UX can be clunky and bugging sometimes (i.e. sometimes the ability to add a photo is not there and other similar examples)

We are trying to generate awareness around our brand. We have actually realized few benefits in terms of driving awareness / traffic so far, but that is likely representative of our brand presence as well.

PRWeb review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"PR Web Review"

What do you like best?

The best part about using PR web is how easy it is to be able to upload a press release.

What do you dislike?

PR Web sends too many emails regarding what you submit.

PR Web helps to push out big launches

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

I like to receive press releases regarding a variety of events and information pertaining to my readers’ interests.

What do you dislike?

Sometime I receive numerous irrelevant releases.

Creating content and a greater variety of potential subjects for content

"Great Stuff"

What do you like best?

This is a great way to get your information out there in a quick way.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot of promotion opportunities available.

The best problems to solve are SEO

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Releases seem to get good pickup"

What do you like best?

I like that my releases seem to get better pickup through PRWeb than some competitive tools on the market.

What do you dislike?

PRWeb doesn't always have the easiest login/upload process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll get pretty good reach for your releases.

I'm using PRWeb to distribute company news and announcements, as well as generate backlinks to key pages on my company website.

PRWeb review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"pr web review"

What do you like best?

It's easy-enough to use and easily accessible wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

It's doesn't have the same cache or in my opinion reach as PR Newswire or even the new Nasdaq wire service.

It's much less expensive than PR Newswire.

PRWeb review by User

"Oldest PR platform on the books but doesn't disappoint with the quantity of affiliated outlets. "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The platform itself is old and the user interface could use a serious makeover.

Brand awareness.

PRWeb review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"PRWeb Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to get up and running. Basic press releases at a reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Templates can be cumbersome. Once you get started with the service, you constantly receive calls from their sales folks trying to upsell additional services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use. only allows for basic releases.

Basic press releases at a reasonable price. We were able to launch several releases, but then never really saw the benefit as I don't think the sources they send to appear to be the leading companies.

PRWeb review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pr web "

What do you like best?

Quick, easy efficient . I like how there is a template that walks you through the whole process.

What do you dislike?

it might be a little expensive fir smaller businesses

Advocacy, press awareness

PRWeb review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"PRWeb for startups"

What do you like best?

It's cheaper than marketwire or prnewswire

What do you dislike?

The main downside is the requirement to submit the release a few days prior to the distribution date for cheapest option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works. It's cheap. No lockin.

It's an alternative to prnewswire, marketwire, or other news distribution services. I'm hoping that it gets the news out to more people.

PRWeb review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Good experience "

What do you like best?

Professional quality of the product. Reliable with good reputation.

What do you dislike?

Fonts sometimes seem askew on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I

Identifying a target audience. Reaching a wider audience.

PRWeb review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Consumer Goods
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Consumer Goods

"How Visual Storytelling Can Drastically Elevate Brand Success"

What do you like best?

I like the detailed and pragmatic concept.

What do you dislike?

Lack of infographics and diversified industry standards

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to the blog for pragmatic insider info

Getting industry facts

PRWeb review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising

"Efficient and simple."

What do you like best?

Easy to understand interface, great for getting PRs out quickly.

What do you dislike?

Occasional software lags and crashes. Updates are far apart.

Makes publishing simpler and quicker.

"Unintuitive interface"

What do you like best?

The layout of the application. It’s easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn’t intuitive, especially when creating media lists

Finding very specific Media contacts

PRWeb review by User

"Good product. Reasonably priced."

What do you like best?

I like the price, interface and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

PR Web is more costly if you need to send an immediate release.

Disseminating business news.

PRWeb review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"PR Web for press teleases"

What do you like best?

It is a quick easy platform for press releases.

What do you dislike?

The process of submitting isn't as seamless as it could be.

Announcing press releases for exposure

PRWeb review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"PRWeb for small business"

What do you like best?

PRWeb gives a great user experience and is great for smaller businesses

What do you dislike?

PRWeb doesn't have as many features as Cision.

Content distribution and analytics

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Use frequently, but prefer other newswires."

What do you like best?

Has recently been integrated into Cision for easy access.

What do you dislike?

Submission form is long and complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review submissions carefully

Provides brand awareness and exposure

PRWeb review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Great product! "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly so it’s easy to figure out.

What do you dislike?

Some technical glitches but those are easily fixed.

Quick distributions

PRWeb review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"A quick and inexpensive way to issue press releases"

What do you like best?

It's easy to post content and to get it picked up by many web sites.

What do you dislike?

Not very flexible to make last minute edits to a press release.

Avoid to pay the PR Newswire or Businesswire fee for non critical news.

"Prweb "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, very affordable for smaller companies

What do you dislike?

Not as wide reach or visibility for releases

Cost savings

PRWeb review by Executive Sponsor in Information Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Services

"Leverage strong capabilities and analytics to better understand our PR efforts that lead to results."

What do you like best?

Ability to select options for distribution.

What do you dislike?

It's not really about PRWeb but I have to format our files for our website differently.

Support our corporate branding to new audiences. Just beginning.

Learning about PRWeb?

* We monitor all PRWeb reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.