Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is a software-based application delivery controller (ADC) designed to deliver faster, high performance user experience, with more reliable access to public websites and enterprise applications.

Work for Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager?

Learning about Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager Reviews

Showing 49 Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager reviews
Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"Used based on IT requirements, difficult install Mac OS users"

What do you like best?

Once it's configured it works well and provides automated VPN access behind the scenes. Reboots and auto-logins aren't an issue, the software handles it for you (at least on a Mac).

What do you dislike?

The installation and setup process was difficult and in fact not possible to do individually. The IT department I worked with to configure this needed to install this with virtual screensharing software because specific codes and keys needed to match a specific version that only they could provide. This may or may not be the fault of the software, but either way an improved workflow for installation would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering this software as an IT department head then I'd suggest considering something that can be installed and configured easier. This requires one of your team members to work with each setup and configuration, which could eat into valuable IT time. I can't recommend an alternative however, this is the only corporate IT VPN provided I've used.

Connecting a secured VPN environment in order to work with an enterprise client and adjust onsite secured servers they maintained.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager
Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Luca G.
Luca G.

"Clean and minimalistic UI - generally stable when properly configured"

What do you like best?

- UI is very clean. Few buttons, it's very straightforward and quick to connect.

- Very stable once connected to the VPN. I think I have almost never seen it fail.

What do you dislike?

- Unfortunately sometimes it's hard to connect. This generally happens in case of misconfigurations.

- If I close the laptop lid without before exiting from Pulse Secure, I'll get it in a weird state for which DNS lookup gets somehow broken and I have to restart my laptop.

- UI is so minimalistic that there is not much to try out when something fails. I wish there would be some diagnosis center or logs or a help center.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, make sure you don't tamper with the DNS settings because it can cause problems. Configuration is not straightforward.

Used to connect to VPNs.

What Application Security solution do you use?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Pulse Secure Review"

What do you like best?

The interface for Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is easy to use and generally does its job as expected. I use the software when connecting to external networks outside my office, and it fulfills these responsibilities. The best feature is the visual display that shows my connection status and if there is anything requiring attention.

What do you dislike?

At times, the connection will fluctuate when I have not moved my laptop or done anything that would change my network status. It also disconnects automatically after a certain amount of time that is predetermined. This amount of time is relatively short, so sometimes I will have to connect to the network several times while working from an alternate location. This can be tedious and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for working remotely- it is easy to use and helps tremendously.

This has allowed me to work remotely and access my files and information from any public network. The ability to do this opens up my accessibility to coworkers and also my flexibility with working outside of normal business hours at my desk. This has created a lot of more work productivity and greater results being achieved by not being restricted to normal working hours or location.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by James M.
James M.

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Pulse is its ease of use. No multiple pages of settings, no confusing menus; you set up a few fields one time and it just works. The stats available for review make it easy to troubleshoot pain points of applications.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is the UI needs updated. The design is slightly outdated and could use some touch up. Besides some UI tweaks the software can be slow. It takes a lot of memory to run due to the nature of the application but I think it could use a bit more optimization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for managing user connections and it's simple for employees to use, a benefit which should be overlooked.

Pulse allows me as a remote worker to connect to my company's intranet and collaborate with fellow employees. Being easy to use and unobtrusive keeps me productive and allows me to focus on important tasks.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Divyansh A.
Divyansh A.

"Amazing platform for managing data load."

What do you like best?

It is quick, easy to use and my department has people who were helpful is explaining its use. I've personally used it for managing how many users submit jobs to a computing core and how those jobs are managed. For a project, 6 of us had to design an auto encoder (machine learning model) and perform computationally intensive calculations. PSVTM was used by our team to manage the job submission and computing usage data.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I have liked Pulse a lot so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their online user manual is very helpful in explaining the basic architecture of Pulse Secure.

It was used by our Statistics team to monitor user data. For a project, out team had to submit computationally intensive jobs to an HPC cluster, and PSVTM was used to better manage the process.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Information Technology and Services

"When i need a Secure Workspace, Pulse secure is for me!"

What do you like best?

Solid endpoint security deployment for mobile devices.

Preserves the user experience, does not interfere with typical device

use while still protecting data.

Pulse Secure Makes it easy for a user to get access to a VPN.

verstaile, fast, easy to install and setup.

Great Product.

What do you dislike?

Refresh of credentials should not require VPN disconnect and maybe the price.

Provide a secure and remote access medium for users. Very flexible and can perform many intranet functions. Thus allowing work from home, or places that WIFI or hotspot is available.

The product works well. Even when a connection is lost, it will try to reconnect when the connection comes back.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Higher Education

"Traveling Fundraiser who uses Pulse Secure for university database access"

What do you like best?

I have never experienced any "glitches" with this program. All I need is wireless internet access and I am able to use pulse to have access to my university's database from anywhere in the country.

What do you dislike?

We recently added a "multi-factor" authentication step in using pulse secure to access our database. I am not sure if this is a requirement for the program or an additional step added on our end for security purposes. It can make signing in feel tedious.

Before we used pulse secure, I wasn't able to access all the information I needed from the road when I was traveling and would have to plan ahead far more for my trips. Since we started using the program, I can work much more efficiently knowing that I will be able to tap into all the resources I need at any time.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Jesus P.
Jesus P.

"Conectividad asegurada"

What do you like best?

Conexión a la intranet de la empresa en cuestión de segundos con el usuario LDAP corporativo. Además permite la conexión a todos los servicios corporativos como una VPN.

What do you dislike?

A veces la resolución DNS, si has intentado entrar antes, puede fallar, aunque es fácilmente solucionable mediante la limpieza del servicio DNS de Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Permite conexiones a un gateway VPN de forma muy fácil y segura

La conexión con la intranet corporativa de mi empresa, cuando nos encontramos fuera de nuestras oficinas de forma ágil y segura.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by valbona x.
valbona x.

"Data Security "

What do you like best?

In our company we use Pulse Secure to provide our employees connectivity to the enterprise network especially when they are working remotely. Any device type is able to connect with the right credentials. Pulse Secure gives our company outspread security and protects our data.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t much that I don’t like about Pulse Secure. It works as it should and I usually use it when I work from home. It has kicked me out unexpectedly once or twice but I’m always able to log in after.

Access documents from a remote location

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Riddhika J.
Riddhika J.

"Pretty Straighforward!"

What do you like best?

- Pulse is easy to use and generally does its job as expected.

- The best feature is the minimalist dashboard and status button that shows the if my connection is still active!

What do you dislike?

Couple of things that are troublesome:

- Its pretty hard to configure by yourself even if you are updating the version. The IT department has to do it for you.

- Sometimes the connection is problematic and its hard to determine the cause. I had to involve IT desk to solve it for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its pretty easy to use just make sure you have somebody to configure it for you.

I used pulse VPN to connect to office drives when I am working away from office or from outside the country.

"Useful but flaky at times"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and get started. The support website has great documentation available for all users that greatly helps the set up process step by step and also has a forum that greatly helps with troubleshooting issues from time to time. It does help to accelerate, inspect and direct traffic in real-time, control service levels, and reduce costs as it claims... when it worked.

What do you dislike?

Very flaky. It is not unbearable but it is not uncommon for the connection to the traffic manager to disconnect during the day. Many times I would have to re-login up to 3 times a day because it would disconnect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider giving Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager a try first through one of the trial options. I know the environment and hardware at my previous company where we used the manager was lacking a lot of support and was not the best. You may have a better luck with this tool depending on how your system and cloud is set up.

I did notice that when it worked, the company was able to enhance the user experience by boosting the throughput and performance of application testers. Performance was also greatly improved by the abilty of the manger to scale up.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Research
User in Research

"Customer-friendly!"

What do you like best?

The automated VPN access to users is easy to use once set-up. I use it nearly every day for a quick email check.

What do you dislike?

I did not find the installation and setup process impossible, but it could have been easier at the same time. Someone had to show me how to do the configuration the first time around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, I found the product hassle-free.

The largest benefit is connecting a secured VPN environment in order to work remotely from home. It doesn't take much time to do so, either. It seems stable when connected to the VPN and I don't remember it ever failing.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Nice VPN tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to log in and use on a daily basis. I like that it keeps my data protected from people seeking to steal our data. The program has an icon on in the bottom right that moves when you login indicating it's in process. I like it that the VPN can be suspended without having to fully log out of the program.

What do you dislike?

I would like it more if it automatically popped up when I started my computer every day. I wish the display was bigger though but otherwise, it works great from the user perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend they increase the size of the user display that we login to.

This is firm mandated VPN tool used to protect firm data. We use it to ensure that our proprietary data is safeguarded from online theft.

"Pulse secure"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Pulse Secure is that it is very intuitive and easy to use. Its interface is very simple, which simplifies the way of working with this software. The configuration you need to be able to connect to a VPN is very simple, they are very simple steps and easy to perform.

You can configure the time in which the connection is restarted.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, in the time that I have been working with Pulse Secure I have not found anything compared to the previous software. Perhaps, the time in which the connection is reestablished is short, but I suppose it is configuration of my particular company.

This software allows you to establish a VPN connection, which is very useful for working remotely.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Higher Education

"Pulse Secure—Does Just What It Says"

What do you like best?

Pulse allows me to access my campus servers from off-campus, an invaluable resource for my research.

What do you dislike?

It’s easy to forget to turn it off, and I find that I’ve been connected to another server for hours checking personal things (email and social media, for instance). It says it’s secure, but one never knows for CERTAIN.

Pulse Secure allows ease of access to campus and onsite materials from offsite without the arduous process of logging in every time I need to access a document. It’s much easier than other managers I’ve used in other locations.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Pulse Secure is Shockingly Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that it is SUPER easy to connect to my work network from anywhere with Pulse Secure.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about Pulse Secure. It's easy and simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT!

Pulse Secure keeps employees connected to the server from anywhere and is very secure.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Janane S.
Janane S.

"Pulse Secure Security"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure client allows people to VPN directly without having to go through a browser

What do you dislike?

When switching between Ethernet connectivity and Wi-Fi there is a minor disruption in the app and takes a couple of minutes to load

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pulse Secure manager load balances traffic well and is a much efficient way to stay securely connected to your Intranet without the pain of generating a token each time and trying to connect.

Pulse secure app caters to a wide variety of platforms,, controls real-time traffic through VPN and is cost-effective

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.

"Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is a secure way to VPN into the office network"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is easy to use. You simply enter your credentials and login. Once your login has been verified, you have a secure and stable connection to the office network.

What do you dislike?

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager maybe easy to use, but extremely annoying to set up. Fortunately, my company has our IT Service Desk configure all company laptops with Pulse Secure before distributing them to users.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager is used to VPN into the office network when working remotely, keeping our network secure.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Great and easy VPN service for companies"

What do you like best?

I like that within a companies domain you can setup for their password change to happen through puls

What do you dislike?

I have not run into any issues with Pulse Secure.

There are various VPN services but this has proven secure and simplicity is great for end users.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Kris M.
Kris M.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Its speed, reliability and easy to use!!

What do you dislike?

nothing i could think of to dislike about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best if this is being configured by someone with a knowledge on these types of tools (like IT person) because it requires back end knowledge to get this up and running.

we are able to deliver services much more efficiently (faster) than the usual.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Get's the job done"

What do you like best?

Logs me in quickly and easily, and saves logins so I don't have to retype

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I haven't worked with anything else to compare it with

We use it to log into the company's intranet remotely. It's nice to be able to work anywhere around the globe and not need to use the company's network

"Easy way to VPN"

What do you like best?

Doesn't take over your computer on start up. Sits quietly waiting for use. Easy to put multiple connecctions.

What do you dislike?

Would love for it to merge in with Windows 10 VPN piece.

Recommendations to others considering the product

works on multiple platforms and behaves similarly on all of them. This is a bonus when working on different platforms for users.

remoting into my secure desktop from offsite

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Remote access with Pulse Secure"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure is easy to access while working remotely to keep private data secure.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the program will disconnect and reconnect multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pulse Secure is necessary for companies allowing employees to work remotely. Connecting to wifi without Pulse Secure is risky for your private company data.

Working from home is now safer while logged into public wifi.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"VPN to connect remotely "

What do you like best?

It helps us to work from home when needed

What do you dislike?

It gives connection problems sometimes and suddenly disconnects

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for VPN, you can deploy it to have a greater flexibility for working offsite

It provides security to work from remote locations and adds confedentiality to the network

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Higher Education

"Pulse Secure - Education"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for connecting to my office network from anywhere in the world

What do you dislike?

I don't love the visual aesthetics, but it works fine

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a solid option for a virtual network manager, pretty easy to install and support is good

Ease of access to secure applications

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Shrey M.
Shrey M.

"Great VPN system for large corporations"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and setting up new VPN connections is great

What do you dislike?

No availability for mobile phones if one tries to connect VPN on a phone to access secure files

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try setting up custom VPN's and see the ease of use

Connecting to secure servers at our company

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Whitney B.
Whitney B.

"PulseSecure is a great way to remotely connect to the university library system"

What do you like best?

I use PulseSecure to connect to my university library system. It connects quickly and easily, and doesn't time out or disconnect quickly.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I cannot think of anything that I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont' have any reccommendations.

I use it to login remotely to my unviersity library, so just as an end user.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Financial Services

"Secure, Fast and Reliable"

What do you like best?

Pulse makes it extremely easy to get on company network and complete my work without hassle. When doing evening production pushes, this is especially appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does take a few moments to boot up, or the connection may temporarily be lost. This could also be reliant on internet connection, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the icon in your bottom nav bar to validate connection quickly

Benefits are the ease and speed to get connected, especially compared to our old method...which shall remain unnamed

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Danielle G.
Danielle G.

"Great vpn!"

What do you like best?

Quick to connect, no network issues, stays online for long periods of time without timing out.

What do you dislike?

I have never had an issue the past 3 years I have been using this software

I use this to connect to the vpn when I work from home

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Ty T.
Ty T.

"Pulse Secure Review"

What do you like best?

We have been using Pulse Secure for our VPN services for a few months now. I really like how reliable the connection is. We had recently just switched from Cisco VPN and the reliability is far superior.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about Pulse Secure.

Secure VPN

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Pulse Secure Review"

What do you like best?

It helps lower costs by combining with Pulse Secure Services Director with licensing capabilities.

It can be used to create business policies to differentiate service levels, with powerful TrafficScript

What do you dislike?

I still see delays with connectivity and would love for some control/metric for measurement of performance

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see improvement in performance and assistance in integration support

It helps reduce overhead and improves visibility and control of various services

"Cómodo y rápido"

What do you like best?

Es perfecto para conectarse en un click por vpn, es el mejor programa que he probado.

Es instalarlo, poner la dirección ,que se guarda para futuras conecciones, le das a conectar y listo.

La interfaz es muy minimallista.

What do you dislike?

Nada, realmente todo es positivo.Por señalar algo, que en la última actualización cambiaron un poco la interfaz y la primera vez me dio fallo.

Conectarme rapidamente por vpn sin perder tiempo.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Rohit B.
Rohit B.

"Use it for corporate VPN"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, and doesnt give any connection problems

What do you dislike?

Connecting to the VPN in itself takes a long time

I can connect to the corporate vpn from out of office

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Simple, Effective Connection to Your Network"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure is a simple app with consistent connection to your VPN. It has always functioned as intended

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike. Good product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing

Access to VPN while away from office

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great VPN manager"

What do you like best?

It’s able to split your traffic and send only the relevant traffic to your VPN and the rest direct through your regular connection. Great for large or small organizations. There is an app for iPhone, Android, Mac, PC, etc

What do you dislike?

When trying to connect it sometimes disrupts the internet connection.

Having a secure network connection when not on location. It has allowed our business to grow at a great scale.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by Dinker B.
Dinker B.

"Secure"

What do you like best?

Controls the access to Network virtually from outside

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it works great for our needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly and secure

User friendly and highly secure

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Internet connection tool"

What do you like best?

I am a WAH employee and use Pulse Secure to connect to my internet and router everyday for work. It is easy to use and I normally never have any problems. If I do, it's a quick fix most times.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I don't have any issues with it.

I log into my job everyday with this connection so that I can connect to our participants.

"Review of Pulse"

What do you like best?

I was easily able to VPN into my school network when I was not on campus. This gave me easy access to textbooks and other resources that were only available on the university network.

What do you dislike?

It would randomly stop working and I would have to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works as a secure VPN manager.

I was able to access resources only available while on campus network.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Easier to configure than OpenVPN, has Duo support"

What do you like best?

Makes connecting to internal applications easier than OpenVPN, Cisco VPN, etc. I also like that it is possible to integrate it with Duo.

What do you dislike?

The client on Linux isn't great. I've taken to using OpenVPN sometimes. BeyondCorp / zero trust is a better architecture moving forward.

I'm able to connect to internal-only resources.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Pulse Secure"

What do you like best?

Pulse Secure has allowed our organization the ability to allow our employees seamless access to our internal network from offsite.

What do you dislike?

No complaints - pulse has always worked wonderfully. Occasionally I’ve experienced having to log in again out of the blue, but it’s quick and easy.

Remote work, network access

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

It's very simple and easy to use, quite nice User Interface so that the directions of usage is straight forward

What do you dislike?

Some minor bugs that occur very rarily, but other than that, it's fine

It's simple to use but sometimes a bit slow

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Easy to configure"

What do you like best?

It is easy to configure and start using it once you have an account

What do you dislike?

The server configuration is probably the more complex here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never forget about having it disabled. You'll often forget it.

Using a secure way to access a vpn

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Financial Services

"Allows me to work from home "

What do you like best?

This software allows me to continue working from home and provides the security necessary.

What do you dislike?

The extra security measures and having to type in a code can be tedious, but I know it’s secure.

I can continue working from anywhere without interruptions.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Works but glitchy"

What do you like best?

Secures internet for work while out of the office

What do you dislike?

Stops running a lot, and the user interface is not very good

Allows access to company secure sites and email from off-site. This is very useful when on business travel.

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Pulse secure helps create a secure connection"

What do you like best?

I like that I know the pin is alwaus changing, it will always establish a secure connection and customers information will be safe.

What do you dislike?

Need to connect everytime I boot the computer up.

It helps secure a connection

"Pulse secure rocks. "

What do you like best?

Quick, simple VPN access that

No issue with reboots and auto logins

What do you dislike?

The setup process was difficult and took long.

This allows VPN access for employees.

"Unremarkable product, does its job"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use

Cross-stitch solution

What do you dislike?

Connection with phones is limited. Platform feature disparity

Allows for remote access to internal programs.

"Pulse"

What do you like best?

The ease of connecting from remote locations

What do you dislike?

seems to drop after a few hours of being connected

the ability to work remote

Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Pulse secure"

What do you like best?

Speed at which it connects to company network

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets disconnected abruptly.

Secure access

Learning about Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager?

* We monitor all Pulse Secure Virtual Traffic Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.