Puppet Pipelines

4.7

An entire new way to deploy. Bare metal. Virtualized. Public or private clouds. Deploy your applications to any server in seconds with Distelli.

Work for Puppet Pipelines?

Learning about Puppet Pipelines?

Puppet Pipelines Reviews

Ask Puppet Pipelines a Question
Showing 10 Puppet Pipelines reviews
Puppet Pipelines review by Prachi G.
Prachi G.

"Easy management and deployment with Distelli "

What do you like best?

Management through Distelli is fantastically simple to setup and use. With insignificant exertion you can push your applications to various servers over numerous situations all with interesting designs. Our group has been utilizing Distelli for over a year and it has streamlined our convey procedure, making arrangements smoother, speedier, and more dependable.

What do you dislike?

Like any youthful organization, they've had some issues, however they've generally endeavored to determine them, and for the most part do as such rapidly. As of right now, I don't have any significant protestations given our present utilization of Distelli - it bolsters our requirements flawlessly.

Distelli has been a fabulous device for our group both underway and in test, permitting us to rapidly switch between various forms and rapidly redesign to another form or recuperate to an old form. As a light-footed group, it's vital to us to have the capacity to send rapidly and to convey regularly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Puppet Pipelines
Puppet Pipelines review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Simple One Button Deployment"

What do you like best?

The simple interface and easy build and deploy workflow. With minimal effort you can push your applications to numerous servers across multiple environments all with unique configurations. I can also check all my deployments in one organized console and make adjustments with a single click. The team at Distelli responds very quickly to questions and address feedback properly.

What do you dislike?

The interface has many layers and sometimes navigating between unrelated features is cumbersome. There are some quirks about the UI that hinder usability but I have only noticed them in rarely used features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, you won't regret it.

They solved the problem of how to automate the deployment of my applications to many environments of varying configurations. I no longer have to spend time making sure everything gets deployed or what is malfunctinoing - Distelli does it for me.

What Configuration Management solution do you use?

Puppet Pipelines review by Sharat V.
Sharat V.

"Distelli makes it dead easy to build and deploy all our apps"

What do you like best?

We use Distelli to build and deploy all our Java apps, and plan to use it for upcoming Node.js apps as well.

* The Distelli agent and CLI are easy to install and setup.

* The manifest file can be dead simple for basic use cases, or as complex as I need it to be for other cases. They provide tons of examples.

* The Distelli web interface is well designed and responsive. Pipelines in particular is fantastic: I can visualize and shepherd my releases through various stages with minimal effort.

* Their documentation is comprehensive.

* All my support requests have been resolved quickly to my satisfaction, sometimes within the hour.

* The Distelli team has solid technical chops and a passion for dev-ops; I look forward to seeing more innovation from them.

Overall, I have not found a build and deployment solution that is as easy to setup or works as reliably. I'm very happy with Distelli.

What do you dislike?

I find their web interface takes more clicks than I like to find things. Also, tiny text and low-contrast colors on some elements (e.g. tags) strain my eyes. Some call-to-actions, like the settings button at the right edge of text boxes are not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From seeing how the Distelli product has evolved over the last year, I think there's more good stuff coming. You should try Distelli out, I'm confident you wont be disappointed.

The Evocalize platform can automatically create and manage thousands of personalized creative and targeting alternatives through a system of variables and rules, making personalized mass scale advertising possible for marketers of consumer-facing brands using the brand’s existing content and data, such as product catalog and purchase history.

To this end, Distelli is the cornerstone of our dev-ops practices.

Puppet Pipelines review by Eddie H.
Eddie H.

"Fast, easy to use, well-maintained, great CS"

What do you like best?

Our team has been using Distelli for over a year and it has streamlined our deploy process, making deployments smoother, faster, and more reliable.

Support from the Distelli team is responsive, attentive, and actively looking for ways to improve the product. I never felt like I was left in the dark about any issue that I brought up, and every issue that arose was met with an inquisitive persistence until it was resolved.

What do you dislike?

I found the WebUI somewhat difficult to navigate at first, but once you know where to find what you need the app is easy to use.

As an agile team, it's important to us to be able to deploy quickly and to deploy often. This also means that we need to be able to roll back to a stable deploy if things go south. Distelli has been a fantastic tool for our team both in production and in test, allowing us to quickly switch between different builds and quickly update to a new build or recover to an old build.

Puppet Pipelines review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Simple and incredibly powerful"

What do you like best?

The manifest is very powerful and interfacing with github.com and github enterprise is a breeze. Great support as well.

What do you dislike?

Well, it's not fully developed, but whatever feature isn't there, there is a powerful API to interface with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and contact their support if you get stuck. It's free to try and worth the subscription costs.

Our most important problem to solve was interfacing with github.com and github enterprise on pull requests through webhooks. Distelli went above and beyond to make sure we could follow our security standard and still set this up. I've spent months looking at other options and Distelli blew me away how easy it was compared to everything else.

Puppet Pipelines review by Varun K.
Varun K.

"Distelli made our life easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, reducing the ops time and human errors. Another great thing about distelli is there every ready support team. They have a team of great engineers who never shy off to own and go to great lengths to entertain our special feature requests.

Ease of use is another great point, which makes it easy for new engineers to pick it up in no time.

What do you dislike?

Too frequent agent updates. We are not able to have the latest in our AMI.

Another important feature is missing CLI support, most of the CLI command do not work. If the CLI works it would make our life much more easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enable CLI asap.

Deployment and release management. Prior to Distelli we used to have manual scripts to upload and deploy to EC2. It was always error prone, there was no way to rollback or move to another version.

Puppet Pipelines review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Distelli has made build and deployment management a breeze"

What do you like best?

Management through Distelli is incredibly easy to setup and use. New features are added all the time - we love how fast they move. Using it keeps operations overhead to a minimum and saves us a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I don't have any major complaints given our current usage of Distelli - it supports our needs perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Distelli really does make deployments simple. With their somewhat recent addition of their Pipelines feature, managing deployment pipelines is incredibly easy to setup and to maintain.

We manage deployments to multiple services + release management to multiple EC2 instances. Using Distelli has made this very easy and has reduced a lot of operational time. Especially whenever we need to do a quick rollback.

Puppet Pipelines review by Trevor B.
Trevor B.

"Adventures with a new deployment system"

What do you like best?

Its first major benefit for us is really fast rollback. When someone deploys a buggy build (it happens!) we can roll back in a matter of minutes or less. Pretty great.

Another benefit is the configurability. Their "distelli-manifest.yml" file allows you to easily declare whatever commands you want to run before and after release, as well as whitelist and blacklist files--keeping your deploys nice and trim.

What do you dislike?

Like any young company, they've had some issues, but they've always worked hard to resolve them, and usually do so very quickly. They also listen to our feature requests and usually eventually implement them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some "hidden" features, do ask the creators about any of these, and pressure them to improve the CLI tool! It's important to be able to write your own scripts around the CLI, and the tool is merely OK.

We started using Distelli after living with Capistrano for a while and needing a better overall strategy.

Puppet Pipelines review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Distelli makes streamlined deployment pipelines easy"

What do you like best?

I like github and bit bucket integration.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't deploy a docker container.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Distelli makes it possible to create a multi-host, multi-environment automated deployment pipeline with ease. This is something that I've been trying to figure out for a while and Distelli solved that in an afternoon. The learning curve is minimal (within an hour or two tops.) I also like how Distelli uses Docker to containerize the test and build environment. They have great documentation and a lot of underlining features that make it possible to customize easily.

Great support, great team, great product. I highly recommend.

I'm trying to solve the problem of continuous integration workflow.

Puppet Pipelines review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Great experience with Distelli"

What do you like best?

bmcgehee Brian gave me great assistance in setting up my application. He personally helped me debug and solve a complicated issue.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult for me to set up without help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service

Deployed my node.js website.

Learning about Puppet Pipelines?

* We monitor all Puppet Pipelines reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.